PDA

View Full Version : LSU to hire YSU Bo Pelini as defensive coordinator

Pages : [1] 2

Professor
January 27th, 2020, 12:46 PM
When Baylor hired LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda (https://247sports.com/Coach/Dave-Aranda-837), the search was on to replace the highest-paid defensive coordinator in college football. Youngstown State head coach Bo Pelini (https://247sports.com/Coach/Bo-Pelini-345) is expected to become the next defensive coordinator for head coach Ed Orgeron (https://247sports.com/Coach/Ed-Orgeron-533), sources told Geaux247 on Monday. Stadium's Brett McMurphy was first to report.
Pelini agreeing to terms with the program marks a return to Baton Rouge for the 52-year old, who served as defensive coordinator for LSU's 2007 National Championship team. Pelini first arrived at LSU in 2005 following a one-year stint as Oklahoma's defensive coordinator and helped lead LSU to a 34-6 record during that time.
Earlier this month, Orgeron joined 104.5 ESPN Baton Rouge (http://1045espn.com/coach-ed-orgeron-on-the-current-coaching-search/) to discuss the process with Jordy Culotta and T-Bob Hebert. Orgeron was looking for a fit culturally with his program, which is fresh off an undefeated season and National Championship, and Pelini is a name familiar to LSU after the program saw some of its best defenses when Pelini was running the show.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/LSU-Football-Bo-Pelini-hired-defensive-coordinator-Youngstown-State-coach-142584734/

Professor Chaos
January 27th, 2020, 12:52 PM
Despite the outward perception of him Bo is really well liked by his players it seems so I don't think this will be a tough transition for him or LSU. He's proven he can be a high level FBS DC already.

The interesting part of this for me is who takes over at YSU. When Bo's name was initially floated out there as a DC candidate at LSU it was reported that he wanted assurance that his brother Carl would take over the HC duties at YSU if he did move on to LSU. For those who aren't familiar with Carl he's even crazier than Bo on the sidelines (and I assume in media appearances as well)…. so things could get even more interesting with the YSU football program.

ASU33
January 27th, 2020, 12:53 PM
I kinda felt like this would happen.

WestCoastAggie
January 27th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Despite the outward perception of him Bo is really well liked by his players it seems so I don't think this will be a tough transition for him or LSU. He's proven he can be a high level FBS DC already.

The interesting part of this for me is who takes over at YSU. When Bo's name was initially floated out there as a DC candidate at LSU it was reported that he wanted assurance that his brother Carl would take over the HC duties at YSU if he did move on to LSU. For those who aren't familiar with Carl he's even crazier than Bo on the sidelines (and I assume in media appearances as well)…. so things could get even more interesting with the YSU football program.

Wow!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!

TheKingpin28
January 27th, 2020, 01:24 PM
Now, how am I going to place a bet on how many Personal Fouls Bo and Bobby get in a game together? This is some bull****.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 27th, 2020, 01:31 PM
Seems like a pretty good hire from a LSU perspective. While Pelini has his issues he knows defense.

I'm interested to see who YSU can land. I still look at the Penguin gig as one of the premier jobs in FCS based on history, school profile and location for recruiting (granted a ton of competition). Hopefully whoever YSU decides to hire can elevate YSU to at least a consistent Top 20/15 level.

Penguin Nation
January 27th, 2020, 01:34 PM
I'm surprised his DC market value is this high. YSU is ranked 4-7th in most conference defensive categories, and he's embarrassed the school both on and off the field.

Since MoRon will be selecting his replacement, the program will likely keep floundering for the forseeable future. He's probably already trying to steal Dean Hood from Murray State.

dbackjon
January 27th, 2020, 02:54 PM
Just when you thought the Coaching turnover had stopped...

clenz
January 27th, 2020, 02:58 PM
YSU has locked their message board down unless you're already registered. Can't register, can't do anything on their site.

I thought maybe it's because I was behind a VPN so I shut it off and still the same issue. Anyone else have that issue?

https://i.imgur.com/sSZMOtW.png

Apparently it's just me. I tried to get to the site using IE rather than Opera and it worked. Apparently they have a filter in place that even turning VPNs off blocks that browser entirely.

Sycamore62
January 27th, 2020, 03:27 PM
YSU has locked their message board down unless you're already registered. Can't register, can't do anything on their site.

I thought maybe it's because I was behind a VPN so I shut it off and still the same issue. Anyone else have that issue?

Apparently it's just me. I tried to get to the site using IE rather than Opera and it worked. Apparently they have a filter in place that even turning VPNs off blocks that browser entirely.

They could have Clenz proofed it. nice work getting around it.

JSUSoutherner
January 27th, 2020, 03:35 PM
I'm surprised his DC market value is this high. YSU is ranked 4-7th in most conference defensive categories, and he's embarrassed the school both on and off the field.

Since MoRon will be selecting his replacement, the program will likely keep floundering for the forseeable future. He's probably already trying to steal Dean Hood from Murray State.

I suspect YSU isn't exactly the easiest place to recruit. Also considering some of the other defenses in the MVFC 4th isn't too shabby compared to a lot of other places outside the conference.

Penguin Nation
January 27th, 2020, 03:53 PM
I suspect YSU isn't exactly the easiest place to recruit. Also considering some of the other defenses in the MVFC 4th isn't too shabby compared to a lot of other places outside the conference.

It's not 4th...it's 4th through 7th, For example, in total defense YSU is ranked 6th and scoring defense they're ranked 7th...behind ISUb and SIU.

This is not a strong defensive resume. After his only winning conference record out of five years, there's been progressive deterioration of the program culminating in a 2 win conference record in 2019, and he couldn't even muster an overall winning record with a legendarily gutless OOC schedule. Of course there's the most embarrassing loss in school history with Butler.

Obviously LSU thinks he's a strong hire, almost certainly from the pre-YSU portion of his resume. I'm just surprised his stock hasn't dropped more from the debacle of the last 5 years.

clenz
January 27th, 2020, 04:01 PM
It's not 4th...it's 4th through 7th, For example, in total defense YSU is ranked 6th and scoring defense they're ranked 7th...behind ISUb and SIU.

This is not a strong defensive resume. After his only winning conference record out of five years, there's been progressive deterioration of the program culminating in a 2 win conference record in 2019, and he couldn't even muster an overall winning record with a legendarily gutless OOC schedule. Of course there's the most embarrassing loss in school history with Butler.

Obviously LSU thinks he's a strong hire, almost certainly from the pre-YSU portion of his resume. I'm just surprised his stock hasn't dropped more from the debacle of the last 5 years.
I'm guessing anyone smart enough looks at YSU was before he got there and went "Can't hold that against him"

FormerPokeCenter
January 27th, 2020, 04:02 PM
Lots of Coordinators and Assistants embody the Peter Principle.....they rise one level higher than their talent.

O's a guy who's benefitted from second chances and believes in them...See Jeaux Burreaux....so...I'm not all that surprised by this.

O's a fiery guy...and, he's now a delegator...so...he'll give Pellini plenty of space to do his thing....

Paladin1aa
January 27th, 2020, 04:17 PM
I’m surprised as well, but Bozo had a good first turn at LSU before and he knows defense. He sucks as a head coach. But he will fit in well as a profane hothead in Cajun country. The kicker , I’m told, is a multi year contract starting at about $2m a year vs $200k at YSU.

Unfortunately, he leaves with the cupboard next to bare. The next coach will have to build from the bottom. Also, sources tell me there is no guarantee Carl will be automatically hired as the next coach. He is invited to apply.

The talent in Ohio is superb, but is well picked over heavily by D-Is. Tressel beat this by going to Florida, Texas and California. Pa. Was also a source for recruiting. Bozo recruited too many D-II kids from Ohio or worse and hated to recruit which left the out of state goldmines for other programs to recruit.

But, Bozo is gone. Hip, hip, hoorray.

The Yo Show
January 27th, 2020, 04:26 PM
I'm guessing anyone smart enough looks at YSU was before he got there and went "Can't hold that against him"

To be fair, the last couple years wolf was head coach ysu did better than the Pelini years with the exception of the national championship game year.
Wolf had ysu trending up. Under Pelini, defense was better in general but overall not great.

Redbird 4th & short
January 27th, 2020, 04:28 PM
what's this going to do to this years recruiting class given we're a week from the 2nd signing day .. to say nothing of commits from 1st signing date decommitting. I believe they would have to sit out a year, but most would probably have redshirted anyway.

The Yo Show
January 27th, 2020, 04:29 PM

So I don't think Carl is gonna get the position. Bo wanted that but that didn't happen. We are doing a coaching search. Carl was told if he wants it he should apply, but maybe YSU will actually avoid giving him the job. Don't know who they will get. I hope they get a good candidate but I'm not holding my breath

Penguin Nation
January 27th, 2020, 04:37 PM
My guess is Shane Montgomery leaves JMU to be HC at YSU. There'll be enough sense to not go with Carl....I think.

Redbird 4th & short
January 27th, 2020, 04:40 PM
To be fair, the last couple years wolf was head coach ysu did better than the Pelini years with the exception of the national championship game year.
Wolf had ysu trending up. Under Pelini, defense was better in general but overall not great.
Generally agreed. He got fired because selection committee kept screwing YSU out of at large bids because they would usually lose a few games the final month of season to top 10 teams .. IMO it happend at least twice, possibly 3 times from 2012-14.

The Yo Show
January 27th, 2020, 04:43 PM
My guess is Shane Montgomery leaves JMU to be HC at YSU. There'll be enough sense to not go with Carl....I think.

Let's say that does happen, do you like Montgomery as HC?

Penguin Nation
January 27th, 2020, 04:46 PM

I get how you feel about YSU....believe me I'm critical of them too...but like Yo said, the program was on the rise with the Wolf. Wolf and DumBo were held to different standards entirely, made obvious with Wolf's firing and DumBo's stunning contract renewal. Wolf beat a P5 team and DumBo lost to Butler and almost to RMU. Wolf stomped his cupcake teams. But you're right...his woeful performance at YSU apparently didn't frighten the champs.

Penguin Nation
January 27th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Let's say that does happen, do you like Montgomery as HC?

No, maybe as OC but his HC record at Miami is not good.

Paladin1aa
January 27th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Monty is acceptable as HC if he is also the OC. lol

Carl can stay as the DC.

The Yo Show
January 27th, 2020, 05:11 PM
This late in the coaching carousel, there may not be many options, but I'm not super thrilled about Montgomery either, given how late this is, he might be the best candidate.

JSUSoutherner
January 27th, 2020, 05:12 PM
This late in the coaching carousel, there may not be many options, but I'm not super thrilled about Montgomery either, given how late this is, he might be the best candidate.

You guys can hire John Grass

Derby City Duke
January 27th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Goodl luck to Coach Pelini down South. Never sure he was the right fit at YSU even though he was from there.

Good luck to YSU on their coaching search -- like others I won't be surprised if it Montgomery from JMU.

Not sure where we would go for a replacement if Montgomery goes north.

Losing the OC is not an ideal situation given we've got two guys competing for the QB job that in reality haven't taken a meaningful snap in their combined 7 years on campus.

Paladin1aa
January 27th, 2020, 06:47 PM
My source tells me Bozo gets a 3 year contract at $2.3 m a year.

BTW, Bozo used up most available schollies in the early signing. Not many available for Feb. And the early class was another stinker.

cx500d
January 27th, 2020, 06:55 PM
You guys can hire John Grass
Ysu is a college, not a high school.

Paladin1aa
January 28th, 2020, 07:01 AM
Shane Montgomery, former OC at YSU and was the OC at James Madison last season is at the head of the pack to replace Bozo.

JSUSoutherner
January 28th, 2020, 07:21 AM
Ysu is a college, not a high school.
Could have fooled me considering they've been run by a toddler that past several seasons.

FormerPokeCenter
January 28th, 2020, 07:51 AM
The real question is whether or not his contract includes the cost of vet bills for his cat.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/uV3MK0cKRg6q8JYyRqTDlnnJSM8=/0x0:640x480/1200x800/filters:focal(269x189:371x291)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/63701507/faux-pelini-3.0.1462687837.0.jpg

clenz
January 28th, 2020, 09:16 AM
I get how you feel about YSU....believe me I'm critical of them too...but like Yo said, the program was on the rise with the Wolf. Wolf and DumBo were held to different standards entirely, made obvious with Wolf's firing and DumBo's stunning contract renewal. Wolf beat a P5 team and DumBo lost to Butler and almost to RMU. Wolf stomped his cupcake teams. But you're right...his woeful performance at YSU apparently didn't frighten the champs.”How I feel”. How I feel isn’t blinded by the rose colored glasses that buy into hype or get stuck in negative thought cycles that you’re base does. You also think way too much of me that you think I care about YSU outside of threads like this. YSU doesn't exist to me outside of this type of thread in any capacity. Thinking I have a "feeling" of/towards YSU is even strong. I have an opinion based on numbers and facts. I don't "feel" anything towards YSU for 99% of things related to YSU.

It’s amazing how many fan bases think I hate them and have said as much on here or other sides
The entire MVFC
Murray State – which is funny considering how I lobbied for them to join the MVC over Valpo and Loyola
Loyola
Valpo
Evansville
YSU
UND
A few others

What’s funny is all the **** you bitch about now is what you were complaining about me saying a couple years ago about him.

Take the glasses off and there wasn’t really anything “on the rise” under Wolf. He was 6 games over .500 in his 5 years. That includes 12 wins over non-scholarship programs. So against scholarship teams he was actually 6 games under .500. You’re program wasn’t actually good under him.

You hated me for pointing out Bo got lucky with that run to the title game. Literally every single ball bounced their way that season. I suppose there is something to be said about that, but when it is never replicated again it can easily be explained as “luck” or “a magical run”. I pointed that out and your fan base called me a hater and said I was jealous and to get ready for how Bo was going to run all over UNI and make us irrelevant (joke is on you, we did that ourselves since 2011).

All of a sudden the fan base now hates Bo and points at everything I pointed at under the end of Wolf and early Bo.

Again, people that aren’t connected to your little cult of a fan base see you for what you really are. You ARE what you’ve shown under Heacock, Wolf and Bo. That is a program that is under .500 against D1 scholarship programs. A bottom half to bottom third MVFC program. A program that had success with Cheatervest, who ironically is at the head of the cult now as the university president and in charge of all the decisions that have been made angering your fan base, but have had almost zero success that didn’t involve him or his recruits.

People not wearing Ohio State red…I mean Youngstown State red….see YSU as a program that is equal to like Vandy or Arkansas in the SEC. Take care of the majority of the lower level teams you play. Split with teams equal to you. Lose to the teams above you with an occasional performance above your level. That’s what YSU has been since Tressel and his recruits left campus. I’m sorry you can’t see that.

I’m sorry I’ve been consistent on my opinion for YSU since I joined the board and for that entire time YSU fans have been convinced I’m nothing but a hater and jealous, all while I’ve been proven “right” every single time.

ysubigred
January 28th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Could have fooled me considering they've been run by a toddler that past several seasons.

That toddler beat the **** out of your prestigious football power house of a school. Grass no he was a **** up at JSU xdrunkyx

The 2016 Jacksonville State Gamecocks football team represented Jacksonville State University in the 2016 NCAA Division I FCS football season. They were led by third-year head coach John Grass and played their home games at Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium. They were a member of the Ohio Valley Conference. They finished the season 10–2 overall and 7–0 in OVC play to win the conference championship. They received the OVC's automatic bid to the FCS Playoffs, where they lost in the second round to Youngstown State 40-24.

YSU will have to come off their wallet to get anybody worth a damn! Montgomery is not a good HC he's another BO can coordinate but HC NOOOOOOOOOO!

Living in KY I see grumblings of the associate HC at UK Vince Marrow (a class mate of Bo's) getting some vibes but I'd say all speculation. Vince is already making 3 x's as much at UK as YSU was paying Bo. xeyebrowx

JayJ79
January 28th, 2020, 11:12 AM
what's this going to do to this years recruiting class given we're a week from the 2nd signing day .. to say nothing of commits from 1st signing date decommitting. I believe they would have to sit out a year, but most would probably have redshirted anyway.
Are commits given any additional leeway when there is a coaching change at the school they committed to?

Bisonator
January 28th, 2020, 11:19 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPVwGJfWoAAu5Md?format=jpg&name=medium

- - - Updated - - -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPYJ5BJW4AEsPxR?format=jpg&name=small

Redbird 4th & short
January 28th, 2020, 11:31 AM
Are commits given any additional leeway when there is a coaching change at the school they committed to?
I assume that is a hard no ... but if they would likely redshirt somewhere else, I dont think it much matters.

On the other, YSU fans dont think much of Bo's HS recruiting... so they might not have any better options.

Either way, this could push a middle of road MVFC team over the edge .. at least in short term. Bo made them pretty competitive even while losing more than winning in MVFC ... and putting aside his antics.

Professor Chaos
January 28th, 2020, 11:39 AM
I've heard of schools releasing commits from their NLI's when there's a coaching change. Usually it's in college basketball since their early signing is always well before any coaching changes. I'm not sure what benefit the school would have in not releasing a commit from his NLI if it's requested... they'd have to know that he's probably going to transfer out after a year anyway so they're basically wasting a scholarship.

JSUSoutherner
January 28th, 2020, 11:50 AM
That toddler beat the **** out of your prestigious football power house of a school. xdrunkyx

And then he lost to the prestigious powerhouse of Butler.

Derby City Duke
January 28th, 2020, 12:09 PM
”How I feel”. How I feel isn’t blinded by the rose colored glasses that buy into hype or get stuck in negative thought cycles that you’re base does.

It’s amazing how many fan bases think I hate them and have said as much on here or other sides
The entire MVFC
Murray State – which is funny considering how I lobbied for them to join the MVC over Valpo and Loyola
Loyola
Valpo
Evansville
YSU
UND
A few others

For the record, I don't think you hate us. Can't speak for the rest of our AGS posters. xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
January 28th, 2020, 01:28 PM
”How I feel”. How I feel isn’t blinded by the rose colored glasses that buy into hype or get stuck in negative thought cycles that you’re base does. You also think way too much of me that you think I care about YSU outside of threads like this. YSU doesn't exist to me outside of this type of thread in any capacity. Thinking I have a "feeling" of/towards YSU is even strong. I have an opinion based on numbers and facts. I don't "feel" anything towards YSU for 99% of things related to YSU.

The entire MVFC
Loyola
Valpo
Evansville
YSU
UND
A few others

What’s funny is all the **** you bitch about now is what you were complaining about me saying a couple years ago about him.

Take the glasses off and there wasn’t really anything “on the rise” under Wolf. He was 6 games over .500 in his 5 years. That includes 12 wins over non-scholarship programs. So against scholarship teams he was actually 6 games under .500. You’re program wasn’t actually good under him.

You hated me for pointing out Bo got lucky with that run to the title game. Literally every single ball bounced their way that season. I suppose there is something to be said about that, but when it is never replicated again it can easily be explained as “luck” or “a magical run”. I pointed that out and your fan base called me a hater and said I was jealous and to get ready for how Bo was going to run all over UNI and make us irrelevant (joke is on you, we did that ourselves since 2011).

All of a sudden the fan base now hates Bo and points at everything I pointed at under the end of Wolf and early Bo.

Again, people that aren’t connected to your little cult of a fan base see you for what you really are. You ARE what you’ve shown under Heacock, Wolf and Bo. That is a program that is under .500 against D1 scholarship programs. A bottom half to bottom third MVFC program. A program that had success with Cheatervest, who ironically is at the head of the cult now as the university president and in charge of all the decisions that have been made angering your fan base, but have had almost zero success that didn’t involve him or his recruits.

People not wearing Ohio State red…I mean Youngstown State red….see YSU as a program that is equal to like Vandy or Arkansas in the SEC. Take care of the majority of the lower level teams you play. Split with teams equal to you. Lose to the teams above you with an occasional performance above your level. That’s what YSU has been since Tressel and his recruits left campus. I’m sorry you can’t see that.

I’m sorry I’ve been consistent on my opinion for YSU since I joined the board and for that entire time YSU fans have been convinced I’m nothing but a hater and jealous, all while I’ve been proven “right” every single time.

I'd like to see a comprehensive list of teams you hate.

clenz
January 28th, 2020, 02:39 PM
I'd like to see a comprehensive list of teams you hate.
Teams I "actively" don't like? It's actually a small list.

Iowa
Iowa State
Creighton
Wichita State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Michigan State
Penn State
Evansville
Drake

Beyond that outside of annoyance or not seeing what others see there aren't really any other schools/fan bases I actively dislike

ysubigred
January 28th, 2020, 02:47 PM

Iowa
Iowa State
Creighton
Wichita State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Michigan State
Penn State
Evansville
Drake

Beyond that outside of annoyance or not seeing what others see there aren't really any other schools/fan bases I actively dislike

What about Farley,,, :D

JSUSoutherner
January 28th, 2020, 02:51 PM

Iowa
Iowa State
Creighton
Wichita State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Michigan State
Penn State
Evansville
Drake

Welcome to the JSU fan club.

Sycamore62
January 28th, 2020, 03:17 PM
I hate all of you. Not actively but just when I think of you.

FormerPokeCenter
January 28th, 2020, 03:55 PM
If I ever thought about you, I'm sure I'd probably return the favor....

POD Knows
January 28th, 2020, 04:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuXpD3xDwvU

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 08:10 AM

Some rumors say YSU is fishing for your coach? xrolleyesx

Paladin1aa
January 29th, 2020, 09:40 AM
There is a feeler out to see if Mallory wants to leave ISUb with its woeful facilities, poor recruiting base and lack of fan interest to come to YSU with its superior facilities, major recruit base and rabid fan base. The rumor is YSU will increase pay for the right coach.

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 09:55 AM
There is a feeler out to see if Mallory wants to leave ISUb with its woeful facilities, poor recruiting base and lack of fan interest to come to YSU with its superior facilities, major recruit base and rabid fan base. The rumor is YSU will increase pay for the right coach.
What YSU fan support? Have you looked in your stadium on game days?
Indiana State is in the same geographic footprint for a recruiting base as YSU
YSU paid Bo 216K while he was under the Nebraska offset clause and then actually gave him a pay decrease with his extension. Bo was paid 200k. The same as Curt is paid at Indiana State.

How much higher could you actually go?

POD Knows
January 29th, 2020, 10:02 AM
What YSU fan support? Have you looked in your stadium on game days?
Indiana State is in the same geographic footprint for a recruiting base as YSU
YSU paid Bo 216K while he was under the Nebraska offset clause and then actually gave him a pay decrease with his extension. Bo was paid 200k. The same as Curt is paid at Indiana State.

How much higher could you actually go?Did your sarcasm detector fail you on this one.

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 10:03 AM
If I ever thought about you, I'm sure I'd probably return the favor....

like just then?

Some rumors say YSU is fishing for your coach? xrolleyesx

That would be an interesting move for both teams. Not sure how you or I should think about that. Do we think it would be a move from FCS to FCS that would be as good as other FCS coaches that made that same level of move. As far as the fan base facilities and recruit base i dont know if you are joking or not on at least 2 of those. I havent seen the stadium since 1995 and I never noticed the fans or recruit base.

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 10:11 AM
What YSU fan support? Have you looked in your stadium on game days? No
Indiana State is in the same geographic footprint for a recruiting base as YSU; not hardly! YSU get way NE

How much higher could you actually go?

Bo was making $213K$

$'s is usually an issue at the FCS level especially YSU, that's why the pipe dream of associate HC at UK Vince Marrow (a class mate of Bo's) is on the rumor list but I'd say all speculation do to the Y-Town connection. Vince is already making 3 x's as much at UK as YSU was paying Bo. xeyebrowx

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=Sycamore62;2856815]like just then?

https://stadiumjourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Stambaugh-Stadium-Youngstown-State-Penguins-in-Action.jpg
Indoor practice facility in back ground
https://wfmj.images.worldnow.com/images/16751536_G.jpg?lastEditedDate=20180513082613
New multimedia center on the east side
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8332/8142198423_34292dc76d_z.jpg

Just a bit bigger than Memorial xthumbsupx

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DI4vsZjXUAEfnQb.jpg

Last time you seen it 62

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 10:36 AM
I thought they were better but I couldnt remember.

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 10:38 AM
I thought they were better but I couldnt remember.

I have bouts of CRS myself LOL!

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 10:38 AM
Bo was making $213K$

$'s is usually an issue at the FCS level especially YSU, that's why the pipe dream of associate HC at UK Vince Marrow (a class mate of Bo's) is on the rumor list but I'd say all speculation do to the Y-Town connection. Vince is already making 3 x's as much at UK as YSU was paying Bo. xeyebrowx
From the minutes of YSU BoT meeting approving contracts and salary adjustments

https://i.imgur.com/iWqGYZB.png

4 YSU assistants were also listed - including Carl. All between 60k and 86k. Carl was 70k

Indiana State has also released drawings/plans for an all new stadium.
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/isustudentmedia.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/c5/cc56d39c-eeec-11e9-a096-475845f60009/5da52399e8049.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C675
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/tribstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/bd/0bde61e0-eba7-11e9-836f-37ab4d72f8ee/5d9fa6b3a60ff.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C675
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/tribstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/c5/0c5a8094-eba3-11e9-9b51-772bc7e62251/5d9f9f611e696.image.png?resize=1200%2C675

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 11:01 AM
From the minutes of YSU BoT meeting approving contracts and salary adjustments

https://i.imgur.com/iWqGYZB.png

4 YSU assistants were also listed - including Carl. All between 60k and 86k. Carl was 70k

Indiana State has also released drawings/plans for an all new stadium.
https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/isustudentmedia.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/c5/cc56d39c-eeec-11e9-a096-475845f60009/5da52399e8049.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C675
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/tribstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/bd/0bde61e0-eba7-11e9-836f-37ab4d72f8ee/5d9fa6b3a60ff.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C675
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/tribstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/c5/0c5a8094-eba3-11e9-9b51-772bc7e62251/5d9f9f611e696.image.png?resize=1200%2C675

$213k was the news paper article soooo fake news LOL!

Not sure who did that drawing but it looks kinda weird for a football stadium looks more like a soccer field LOL! Mayor Pete helped in that design xrolleyesx

FormerPokeCenter
January 29th, 2020, 11:07 AM
like just then?.

Actually, I was just replying to you and not spontaneously thinking about you. The response to the text wasn't sufficient to enable my give-a-**** algorithm....

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 11:07 AM
It looks almost identical to SIU's or SDSU's stadium or SMU's stadium... just smaller

https://photocom.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-10/p37401914-3.jpg
https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/689917547_780x439.jpg

Also, "soccer" stadiums are much better for sight lines and what not that a traditional American football stadium. It's why so many of the new construction smaller football stadiums are taking that approach from a design stand point.

Also the designer is literally plastered all over those photos.

FormerPokeCenter
January 29th, 2020, 11:09 AM
$213k was the news paper article soooo fake news LOL!

Not sure who did that drawing but it looks kinda weird for a football stadium looks more like a soccer field LOL! Mayor Pete helped in that design xrolleyesx

Apparently, they don't plan on having many people attend games there. Where's the parking?

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 11:45 AM
You dont need parking for a picture.

Ive said for years that I'd just like them to give us something that is a picture of what they wanted to do. I realize how short sighted my request was now.

Paladin1aa
January 29th, 2020, 12:58 PM
For those who have not been to YSU in years, it used to be that across the street from the stadium was a housing neighborhood. That is now gone, completely and replaced with more parking and new athletic fields for other sports. YSUs stadium seats 20600 and has more than enough parking areas to accommodate. Additionally, there is a rabid fan base that remains, albeit chased off by a moron AD and a weak coach. Attendance comes back in a heart beat with a winning coach.

Mallory is well thought of and has extensive contracts in Ohio, both thru himself and also his father, a former Ohio coach. Mallory also understands the case for YSU returning to powerhouse days with good recruiting vs the abysmal future at ISUb. A pay raise and heading a program with high sights on annual playoffs may well be attractive to him.

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 01:12 PM
For those who have not been to YSU in years, it used to be that across the street from the stadium was a housing neighborhood. That is now gone, completely and replaced with more parking and new athletic fields for other sports. YSUs stadium seats 20600 and has more than enough parking areas to accommodate. Additionally, there is a rabid fan base that remains, albeit chased off by a moron AD and a weak coach. Attendance comes back in a heart beat with a winning coach.

Mallory is well thought of and has extensive contracts in Ohio, both thru himself and also his father, a former Ohio coach. Mallory also understands the case for YSU returning to powerhouse days with good recruiting vs the abysmal future at ISUb. A pay raise and heading a program with high sights on annual playoffs may well be attractive to him.
Indiana State has as many playoff appearances since 2007 as Youngstown State.

You're stadium seats about 15,000 too many most weeks.
In it's best time it seats about 10k too many
If your fan base got chased off you don't have a fan base. You have fair weather fans spending their weekends wearing Ohio State shirts but don't 99% of them aren't actually "fans" of YSU. They are fans of winning and it doesn't matter who school they are next too. They'll go when the team wins.

POD Knows
January 29th, 2020, 01:15 PM
Indiana State has as many playoff appearances since 2007 as Youngstown State.Sorry I called you out a few posts back on your sarcasm meter, I guess he was serious.

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 01:15 PM

Id be surprised but not stunned. If FCS isnt his goal, I dont think YSU gets him to his goal faster.

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Indiana State has as many playoff appearances since 2007 as Youngstown State.

Hmmm,, YSU has more national championship appearances since 2007 than UNI what's your point xsmiley_wix

Paladin1aa
January 29th, 2020, 01:28 PM
LOL ! I think Mallory can count how many times YSU has been to the playoffs, how many championship games they have been to and how many titles they own. Those flags fly over Stambaugh stadium. How many are flying in Terre Haute ? lol

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 01:36 PM
LOL ! I think Mallory can count how many times YSU has been to the playoffs, how many championship games they have been to and how many titles they own. Those flags fly over Stambaugh stadium. How many are flying in Terre Haute ? lol

Was he applying for the EKU job too?

Redbird 4th & short
January 29th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Was he applying for the EKU job too?
I would assume taking a lateral job change going to EKU makes way more sense than a YSU. I hope he stays at ISUb a few more years.

best thing abot Spack at ISUr, he is more of a builder than a climber. And I think he knows he has a good thing going at this level. Just a great fit for him, even though he could make way more money as DC at FBS level. he likes calling the shots and doing things his way. Plus ISUr football his now his baby. He's had more success (playoff results) in his 10 years here than all other coaches combined over nearly 70 years of ISUr football. he has raised the bar on and off the field. Not a perfect head coach, but taking altogether, he is perfect for this job. I just wish he could figure out how to recruit and develop HS QBs .. it is what holds us back the most.

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 02:14 PM
I would assume taking a lateral job change going to EKU makes way more sense than a YSU. I hope he stays at ISUb a few more years.

best thing abot Spack at ISUr, he is more of a builder than a climber. And I think he knows he has a good thing going at this level. Just a great fit for him, even though he could make way more money as DC at FBS level. he likes calling the shots and doing things his way. Plus ISUr football his now his baby. He's had more success (playoff results) in his 10 years here than all other coaches combined over nearly 70 years of ISUr football. he has raised the bar on and off the field. Not a perfect head coach, but taking altogether, he is perfect for this job. I just wish he could figure out how to recruit and develop HS QBs .. it is what holds us back the most.

Just saying EKU had NC flags on its stadium and his name didnt come up there.

Penguin Nation
January 29th, 2020, 02:15 PM
”How I feel”. How I feel isn’t blinded by the rose colored glasses that buy into hype or get stuck in negative thought cycles that you’re base does. You also think way too much of me that you think I care about YSU outside of threads like this. YSU doesn't exist to me outside of this type of thread in any capacity. Thinking I have a "feeling" of/towards YSU is even strong. I have an opinion based on numbers and facts. I don't "feel" anything towards YSU for 99% of things related to YSU.

The entire MVFC
Loyola
Valpo
Evansville
YSU
UND
A few others

Thanks for not overreacting to my comment. xpeacex

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Those flags over your stadium are closer to 30 than they are 20 years old. They are as relevant today as The Monkeys.

Same thing as Cowboy fans talking about their titles of the mid 90s. ****ing meaningless when you've been meh, at best, to bad for as long as both of those places have been.

Paladin1aa
January 29th, 2020, 02:24 PM
Poor clenz. Guess it’s up to Mallory, not you. lol

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 02:28 PM
Poor clenz. Guess it’s up to Mallory, not you. lol
Yup

I'm saying your program isn't all that different than Indiana State for the last 16 years, no matter what you want to think.

Is it better? Sure

By how much? Not near what you think

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 02:44 PM
Yup

I'm saying your program isn't all that different than Indiana State for the last 16 years, no matter what you want to think.

Is it better? Sure

By how much? Not near what you think

You love looking up stuff.

I'll go out on a limb and say YSU has won more playoff games since 2006 than UNI?

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 02:46 PM

I'll go out on a limb and say YSU has won more playoff games since 2006 than UNI?

The people the next coach will recruit will be looking at what they did this year, maybe last year. 2006 was when they quit ****ting their diaper

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 02:49 PM
Those flags over your stadium are closer to 30 than they are 20 years old. They are as relevant today as The Monkeys.

Same thing as Cowboy fans talking about their titles of the mid 90s. ****ing meaningless when you've been meh, at best, to bad for as long as both of those places have been.

https://tinytable3.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/screen-shot-2015-10-28-at-4-59-22-pm.png

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 03:58 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHyMum4ITL1PtmZmgvwuJSJlOpjtW90 rPcaAKMsLFDcsNA5tjHhA&s

06 is in interesting cut - I went with post 07 because that included only the time fram the DSU's had been in and the name changed to MVFC.

Let's make it mroe fun and go back to 05 then as well.

Doesn't change who has more wins but it's still fun. At least 05 is a mid point of a decade for a reference.

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 04:21 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHyMum4ITL1PtmZmgvwuJSJlOpjtW90 rPcaAKMsLFDcsNA5tjHhA&s

06 is in interesting cut - I went with post 07 because that included only the time fram the DSU's had been in and the name changed to MVFC.

Let's make it mroe fun and go back to 05 then as well.

Doesn't change who has more wins but it's still fun. At least 05 is a mid point of a decade for a reference.Lol you want to go 05 your only NC appearance [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 04:27 PM
Lol you want to go 05 your only NC appearance [emoji1787]

I don't want too. I went back one year that was convenient - just as you did.

I didn't need to go back a year to prove you wrong.

Shall we compare H2H next?

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 04:55 PM

Shall we compare H2H next?No UNI could dress the band and beat the Guins [emoji31] what was the numbers. I believe YSU won 6 games in playoffs since 06. UNI can't be many more.

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 05:12 PM
The people the next coach will recruit will be looking at what they did this year, maybe last year. 2006 was when they quit ****ting their diaperLol. A and B conversation C your way out [emoji57] Trying to get ole clenz's goat [emoji3060]

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 05:30 PM
Lol. A and B conversation C your way out [emoji57] Trying to get ole clenz's goat [emoji3060]

welcome to the internet

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 05:53 PM
welcome to the internetThanks, interesting place to converse with knowledgeable football fanatics with a passion for intercollegiate success both on and off the field through good sportsmanship [emoji57]

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 05:59 PM
Thanks, interesting place to converse with knowledgeable football fanatics with a passion for intercollegiate success both on and off the field through good sportsmanship [emoji57]

competitive posting

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 06:03 PM
competitive postingDon't know if you're a beer drinker 62 but I got the 1st round[emoji106]

cx500d
January 29th, 2020, 06:33 PM

Shall we compare H2H next?

JFC, this is funny watching you compare the sizes of your vienna sausage-sized dicks

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Don't know if you're a beer drinker 62 but I got the 1st round[emoji106]

yes sir

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 06:58 PM
JFC, this is funny watching you compare the sizes of your vienna sausage-sized dicksNice here comes king dick. Where you been hiding squid[emoji3166]

cx500d
January 29th, 2020, 07:02 PM
Nice here comes king dick. Where you been hiding squid[emoji3166]

Gloating does become me.

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 07:05 PM
Gloating does become me.Lol. Though you were jealous because we weren't discussing 24/7 golden buffaloes [emoji1787]

cx500d
January 29th, 2020, 07:09 PM
Lol. Though you were jealous because we weren't discussing 24/7 golden buffaloes [emoji1787]

Not jealous, there's plenty other places that do that.

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 07:11 PM
Not jealous, there's plenty other places that do that.Yup you know it.

Redbird 4th & short
January 29th, 2020, 07:17 PM
gonna be a long offseason ....

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 07:19 PM
gonna be a long offseason ....Second LOI day coming soon. But yeah,, offseason sucks.

uni88
January 29th, 2020, 08:20 PM
Was he applying for the EKU job too?Either YSU or EKU could be the perfect stepping stone if your dream P5 job is Minnesota.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

cx500d
January 29th, 2020, 08:29 PM
What does p5 have to do with Minnesota?

clenz
January 29th, 2020, 08:33 PM
No UNI could dress the band and beat the Guins [emoji31] what was the numbers. I believe YSU won 6 games in playoffs since 06. UNI can't be many more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalkmore than double 6

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 08:39 PM

they play a lot of P5 teams

cx500d
January 29th, 2020, 08:41 PM
they play a lot of P5 teams
Certainly not ooc games. In conference, I wouldn’t count Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, now Nebraska, Rutgers, et al as p5

Sycamore62
January 29th, 2020, 08:54 PM
Certainly not ooc games. In conference, I wouldn’t count Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, now Nebraska, Rutgers, et al as p5

id say yes based on budget...only

uni88
January 29th, 2020, 08:55 PM

Minnesota is the P5 version of YSU and EKU - lots of old hardware & history.

ysubigred
January 29th, 2020, 09:07 PM
more than double 6

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkUmm, I guess I'm gonna look it up myself. UNI is a choke one and done wonder plus missed a few years [emoji107] won 2 this year and I can't remember you all making it past the second round[emoji51] my apology best I came up with is 10 wins since 06. Forgot you all got in a few time with 7 w's [emoji106]

The Yo Show
January 30th, 2020, 06:22 AM
more than double 6

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not trying to jump into this argument, as I think it is pointless, but here's what I found.

YSU Playoff wins since 06: 1 in 2006, 4 in 2015. For a total of 5 wins.

UNI Playoff wins since 06: 1 (2007), 2 (2008), 1 (2011), 1 (2014), 2 (2015), 1 (2017), 1 (2018), 2 (2019) for a total of 11 wins.

Redbird 4th & short
January 30th, 2020, 07:44 AM
they did finish year ranked 10th by AP and USA

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 07:44 AM
Not trying to jump into this argument, as I think it is pointless, but here's what I found.

YSU Playoff wins since 06: 1 in 2006, 4 in 2015. For a total of 5 wins.

UNI Playoff wins since 06: 1 (2007), 2 (2008), 1 (2011), 1 (2014), 2 (2015), 1 (2017), 1 (2018), 2 (2019) for a total of 11 wins.

A and B conversation C your way out. Your wrong above! Just like a good ole YSU fan to try and discredit their own :(

YSU won 2 games in the playoff's in 06 ;) and 2016 was 4 for a total of 6 in two playoff appearances

UNI has 10 or 11 in 8 playoff appearances I say 10 by my count hard to count on a phone while taking off on a runway.

Bottom line: "IF" YSU got to the playoff with the same number of win's which they had as UNI in some cases 7 or 8 and averaging 3 wins an appearance there would be no discussion.

My point,,,, Just ****ing with Clenz,, It's the offseason xdrunkyx

POD Knows
January 30th, 2020, 08:02 AM
JFC, this is funny watching you compare the sizes of your vienna sausage-sized dicksIt is a dick measuring contest that requires a microscope to complete the task.

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 08:24 AM
It is a dick measuring contest that requires a microscope to complete the task.Hey it's king ****talker. What?? hurting your little feelings we're not talking about how great NDSU is? Pathetic [emoji1787]

Redbird 4th & short
January 30th, 2020, 08:27 AM
A and B conversation C your way out. Your wrong above! Just like a good ole YSU fan to try and discredit their own :(

YSU won 2 games in the playoff's in 06 ;) and 2016 was 4 for a total of 6 in two playoff appearances

UNI has 10 or 11 in 8 playoff appearances I say 10 by my count hard to count on a phone while taking off on a runway.

Bottom line: "IF" YSU got to the playoff with the same number of win's which they had as UNI in some cases 7 or 8 and averaging 3 wins an appearance there would be no discussion.

My point,,,, Just ****ing with Clenz,, It's the offseason xdrunkyx

partly agree, partly disagree.

Agree in that YSU should have gotten bids 2 or 3 more times from 2012-14.

- 2012 finished 7-4 .. beat a 6-6 Pitt team that made Bowl game by 2 TDs; 3 of 4 losses were to 14-1 NDSU, 9-4 ISUr, 9-4 SDSU
- 2013 finished 8-4 .. 4 losses were to Mich St, NDSU, SDSU, UNI .. in a year MVFC amazingly got just 2 bids.
- 2014 finished 7-5 ... 11 point loss to 6-6 U of I bowl team, finished 4-4 in conf in very dominant MVFC season (22-1 OOC, plus 7-1 OOC during playoffs) when MVFC arguably should have gotten 6 bids.

So while this is entirely conjecture and supposition, IMO you did get screwed in 2012 and 2013 for sure, and arguably also in 2014. All of which led to Pelini getting hired.

On the other, you can't extrapolate 3 wins per playoff in those seasons on basis of what you did in 2016 ... better assumption is maybe 1 per season in 2 maybe 3 years.

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 08:30 AM

- 2012 finished 7-4 .. beat a 6-6 Pitt team that made Bowl game by 2 TDs; 3 of 4 losses were to 14-1 NDSU, 9-4 ISUr, 9-4 SDSU
- 2013 finished 8-4 .. 4 losses were to Mich St, NDSU, SDSU, UNI
- 2014 finished 7-5 ... 11 point loss to 6-6 U of I bowl team, finished 4-4 in conf in very dominant MVFC season (22-1 OOC, plus 7-1 OOC during playoffs) when MVFC arguably should have gotten 6 bids.

So while this is entirely conjecture and supposition, IMO you did get screwed in 2012 and 2013 for sure, and arguably also in 2014. All of which led to Pelini getting hired.

On the other, you can't extrapolate 3 wins per playoff in those seasons on basis of what you did in 2016 ... better assumption is maybe 1 per season in 2 maybe 3 years.Thanks I got the 1st beer round in the future[emoji106]

Redbird 4th & short
January 30th, 2020, 08:36 AM
Thanks I got the 1st beer round in the future[emoji106]

make it 2 beers .. still pissed you guys knocked us out of top 8 seed hunt in season finale this year

xdrunkyx

On the other hand, it may have actually helped us in playoffs xconfusedx

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 08:45 AM
make it 2 beers .. still pissed you guys knocked us out of top 8 seed hunt in season finale this year

xdrunkyx

On the other hand, it may have actually helped us in playoffs xconfusedxYup. Don't know why YSU is so Jackal and Hyde. "IF" that team showed up all year the Guins might have been dancing also [emoji26]

clenz
January 30th, 2020, 08:46 AM

- 2013 finished 8-4 .. 4 losses were to Mich St, NDSU, SDSU, UNI .. in a year MVFC amazingly got just 2 bids.

On the other, you can't extrapolate 3 wins per playoff in those seasons on basis of what you did in 2016 ... better assumption is maybe 1 per season in 2 maybe 3 years.What were their MVFC records in those years? Beating a .500 FBS team is meh.

Propping win total up by beating non scholarships is proven to not work - unless you're South Dakota State in 2019

2012: their wins were non scholarship Valpo and 30 scholarship NEC Albany. MVFC wins were 4-6 UNI (against scholarship teams), 1-10 USD, 3-8 WIU 5-4 (against scholarship teams)

2013 their wins were non scholarship Dayton, non scholarship Morehead State, non scholarship Duquesne, MVFC wins of 4-8 USD, 4-8 WIU, 4-6 (against D1) ISUr), 0-11 (against D1) ISUb, 6-5 (against D1) SIU. They lost their final 3 games against they only decent teams they played that season. Lost to a UNI team that missed the playoffs, and then blown the **** out by SDSU and NDSU. Weren't competitive at all.

2014 was 3 more non scholarship wins and then 1,-10 USD, 7-4 SDSU, 5-6 SIU, 4-8 MSU

At some point you actually have to beat someone decent. They had 3 wins against FCS scholarship teams in those 3 years, none 2 of the 3 were teams that were 1 game over .500 (and had also only beaten the bottom of the conference in the normal bottom third triangle) and missed the playoffs.

They weren't playoff at large teams those years. Were they better than the PFL and NEC? Sure. They aren't in that conference so that doesn't matter.

Sycamore62
January 30th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Per football scoop:

Youngstown State (FCS): Kentucky associate head coach / tight ends coach Vince Marrow “is in talks” with Youngstown State about their head coaching job, according to Kentucky Sports Radio (https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/sources-vince-marrow-is-in-talks-with-youngstown-state-for-head-coaching-job/).

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Per football scoop:

Youngstown State (FCS): Kentucky associate head coach / tight ends coach Vince Marrow “is in talks” with Youngstown State about their head coaching job, according to Kentucky Sports Radio (https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/sources-vince-marrow-is-in-talks-with-youngstown-state-for-head-coaching-job/).

I'll believe it when he's on the sidelines,, Unless YSU has come into some $$ or Vince is willing to try his hand at being an HC for 1/3 the wages xeyebrowx

Sycamore62
January 30th, 2020, 12:41 PM
I'll believe it when he's on the sidelines,, Unless YSU has come into some $$ or Vince is willing to try his hand at being an HC for 1/3 the wages xeyebrowx

never underestimate the ego of a college football coach. a lot of P5 position coaches would have to take a pay cut to be the HC at a FCS school.

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 12:50 PM
What were their MVFC records in those years? Beating a .500 FBS team is meh.

Propping win total up by beating non scholarships is proven to not work - unless you're South Dakota State in 2019

2012: their wins were non scholarship Valpo and 30 scholarship NEC Albany. MVFC wins were 4-6 UNI (against scholarship teams), 1-10 USD, 3-8 WIU 5-4 (against scholarship teams)

2013 their wins were non scholarship Dayton, non scholarship Morehead State, non scholarship Duquesne, MVFC wins of 4-8 USD, 4-8 WIU, 4-6 (against D1) ISUr), 0-11 (against D1) ISUb, 6-5 (against D1) SIU. They lost their final 3 games against they only decent teams they played that season. Lost to a UNI team that missed the playoffs, and then blown the **** out by SDSU and NDSU. Weren't competitive at all.

2014 was 3 more non scholarship wins and then 1,-10 USD, 7-4 SDSU, 5-6 SIU, 4-8 MSU

At some point you actually have to beat someone decent. They had 3 wins against FCS scholarship teams in those 3 years, none 2 of the 3 were teams that were 1 game over .500 (and had also only beaten the bottom of the conference in the normal bottom third triangle) and missed the playoffs.

They weren't playoff at large teams those years. Were they better than the PFL and NEC? Sure. They aren't in that conference so that doesn't matter.

Ha! At least YSU never got skull dragged by Leha in the 1st round :p

Sycamore62
January 30th, 2020, 12:55 PM

But they were able to go watch it happen to UNI

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 12:57 PM
never underestimate the ego of a college football coach. a lot of P5 position coaches would have to take a pay cut to be the HC at a FCS school.

I have mixed feelings on this. Getting a little sick of the home grown coaching staff and YSU still stays mediocre at best. Living here in KY UK fans loves Vince they are screaming for a pay raise to keep him we'll see xthumbsupx

clenz
January 30th, 2020, 01:00 PM
Gotta get to the playoffs to lose in the playoffs (and it was a 7 point loss)
UNI still won the conference that year.
YSU was 3-8 (1-7)

Imagine what they would have done to you

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 01:05 PM
Gotta get to the playoffs to lose in the playoffs (and it was a 7 point loss)
UNI still won the conference that year.
YSU was 3-8 (1-7)

Imagine what they would have done to you

Well if YSU could have made the playoff's at 3-8 I'd go out on a limb and say, the Guins by 17 over Leha,, When Y-town makes the playoffs YSU tends to go deeeep!!

Remember young man,, It's not how often you get to the playoff's,, it's what you do when getting there :D

FormerPokeCenter
January 30th, 2020, 01:34 PM
Are y'all still prattling on about YSU and UNI?

C'mon man....the thread's about LSU! Geaux Tigahs!

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 01:59 PM

LOL! This is Golden Buffalo country!! Even LSU couldn't get to their lofty standards :D

Paladin1aa
January 30th, 2020, 02:23 PM
Marrow, part of the Cardinal Mooney mafia, is a pipe dream unless boosters are going to pay his salary. Making $650k at Kentucky, can’t see him taking a $400k pay cut just to be a HC at YSU. I’d be more inclined to see this as a wedge to leverage more pay at UK.

Paladin1aa
January 30th, 2020, 03:39 PM
Update - scratch Vince Marrow. He has a $300k buyout clause. He will stay at UK. lol

cx500d
January 30th, 2020, 05:02 PM

They love comparing their shriveled up atrophied woman parts.

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 05:23 PM
They love comparing their shriveled up atrophied woman parts.Sorry NDSU is great we all could be so lucky to be part of the most annoying self serving fan base on AGS trying to hijack other threads that don't concern them.

Thank you for posting needle dick.

cx500d
January 30th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Sorry NDSU is great we all could be so lucky to be part of the most annoying self serving fan base on AGS trying to hijack other threads that don't concern them.

Thank you for posting needle dick.

You are welcome, little red riding hood.

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 05:25 PM
You are welcome, little red riding hood.Hugs and kisses to grandma

POD Knows
January 30th, 2020, 05:31 PM
Hey it's king ****talker. What?? hurting your little feelings we're not talking about how great NDSU is? Pathetic [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkNah, I just like to see losers talking about who the biggest loser is, it is always entertaining. For what it is worth, both YSU and UNI suck balls, and not in a good way.

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 05:38 PM
Nah, I just like to see losers talking about who the biggest loser is, it is always entertaining. For what it is worth, both YSU and UNI suck balls, and not in a good way.Ouch,, that hurts coming from a piece of **** school with a half ass dome. Will you still respect me in the morning.

The Yo Show
January 30th, 2020, 06:36 PM
Sorry red. I C my way out lol

cx500d
January 30th, 2020, 06:39 PM
Ouch,, that hurts coming from a piece of **** school with a half ass dome. Will you still respect me in the morning.

It’s a full-ass dome, fwiw

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 06:39 PM
Sorry red. I C my way out lolLol just passing time in AGS stirring up the cool crowd [emoji3060]

ysubigred
January 30th, 2020, 06:44 PM
It’s a full-ass dome, fwiwYou are correct sir[emoji869]

FormerPokeCenter
January 30th, 2020, 07:29 PM
A dome is half a sphere....

How does a structure with no rounded edges, and sloped sides, with a flat top call itself a dome???

DOME:

https://payload.cargocollective.com/1/21/672797/11527652/AD-AERIAL-FADE-TO-PARK_160516.gif

NOT a Dome:

https://media.gettyimages.com/videos/view-of-fargo-dome-at-north-dakota-state-university-fargo-north-video-id505959027?s=640x640

I think they must have used Dairy Queen's architect on this thing....Same flat top and sloped sides...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtiyTLjG54Y3IlYombrYObJXGvRLHN7 qflCFSVwtJUocnhBU5X4Q&s

cx500d
January 30th, 2020, 08:34 PM

How does a structure with no rounded edges, and sloped sides, with a flat top call itself a dome???

DOME:

https://payload.cargocollective.com/1/21/672797/11527652/AD-AERIAL-FADE-TO-PARK_160516.gif

]

What do you call the stadium in the background with the movable roof? Is that technically a done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FormerPokeCenter
January 30th, 2020, 08:40 PM
It's called NRG Stadium....It's not called the NRG Dome....the only NRG Dome is the Astrodome, in the foreground....

ysubigred
January 31st, 2020, 08:06 AM
It's called NRG Stadium....It's not called the NRG Dome....the only NRG Dome is the Astrodome, in the foreground....

I actually call all the MVFC teams with a "dome" just big ****ing gyms xsmiley_wix

ysubigred
January 31st, 2020, 08:10 AM
Back on the subject! Over on the YSU rah rah board one of the cool poster says YSU will be self led by the players since the dorks on the board want's a coach like Sabin for 200K LOL! YSU is doomed xsmhx

POD Knows
January 31st, 2020, 08:19 AM

DOME:

NOT a Dome:

https://media.gettyimages.com/videos/view-of-fargo-dome-at-north-dakota-state-university-fargo-north-video-id505959027?s=640x640

I think they must have used Dairy Queen's architect on this thing....Same flat top and sloped sides...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtiyTLjG54Y3IlYombrYObJXGvRLHN7 qflCFSVwtJUocnhBU5X4Q&sHere is a better pic, but yea, it has a little bit of a Dairy Queen thing going on.

https://i.imgur.com/nPbt0Fw.jpg

Sycamore62
January 31st, 2020, 09:23 AM
Marrow, part of the Cardinal Mooney mafia, is a pipe dream unless boosters are going to pay his salary. Making $650k at Kentucky, can’t see him taking a $400k pay cut just to be a HC at YSU. I’d be more inclined to see this as a wedge to leverage more pay at UK.

Wasnt Bo essentially taking a $2.1M paycut to coach there?

clenz
January 31st, 2020, 09:35 AM
Wasnt Bo essentially taking a $2.1M paycut to coach there?
No.

Nebraska was paying Bo Pelini 7 million dollars over 4 years between his firing at the end of 2014 and the end of the 2019 seasons.

His pay at YSU was "offset" part of the Nebraska payout once he was hired at YSU, but it offset just $21k a month. The buyout was reduced by whatever his next coaching job paid.

Nebraska was still paying him $128,009 per month through 2019.

He took the YSU job because it was a safe place, where he was adored, at a massive discount to stick it to Nebraska as much as possible.

He was making about 1.8m per year between YSU and Nebraska.

I guess he "took a pay cut" in that he may have gotten a job making 1.9 million or more. But he was going to be capped at what he was because of the nebraska buyout structure.

Paladin1aa
January 31st, 2020, 09:38 AM
Bozo was paid the $7m Neb. owed him less the $200k YSU paid him annually.

Red - makes little difference who the hire is at this point. YSU is screwed for years because of the bad Pelini recruiting. Best schedule all the cupcakes they can because they will struggle to have winning records for awhile. Talent level is bad.

Sycamore62
January 31st, 2020, 09:41 AM
No.

Nebraska was paying Bo Pelini 7 million dollars over 4 years between his firing at the end of 2014 and the end of the 2019 seasons.

His pay at YSU was "offset" part of the Nebraska payout once he was hired at YSU, but it offset just $21k a month. The buyout was reduced by whatever his next coaching job paid.

Nebraska was still paying him $128,009 per month through 2019.

He took the YSU job because it was a safe place, where he was adored, at a massive discount to stick it to Nebraska as much as possible.

He was making about 1.8m per year between YSU and Nebraska.

I guess he "took a pay cut" in that he may have gotten a job making 1.9 million or more. But he was going to be capped at what he was because of the nebraska buyout structure.

so somewhere near what the guy from UK would take to be the head coach.

But I did think Bo's contract ended around 2 years ago I apparently was wrong

ysubigred
January 31st, 2020, 10:37 AM
Bozo was paid the $7m Neb. owed him less the $200k YSU paid him annually.

Red - makes little difference who the hire is at this point. YSU is screwed for years because of the bad Pelini recruiting. Best schedule all the cupcakes they can because they will struggle to have winning records for awhile. Talent level is bad.

Dammit! I at least wanted to see one more NC game with the Guins in it before I die xrolleyesx

It's a wonder LSU could afford the buyout from YSU :D

Penguin Nation
January 31st, 2020, 03:17 PM
Having zero ethical standards certainly expands your options. Has YSU consider this former P5 HC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Sandusky

The Yo Show
January 31st, 2020, 04:02 PM
PN he's dead. Plenty of living unethical coaches.

FormerPokeCenter
January 31st, 2020, 04:32 PM
I realize I'm going to hell over this, but I still can't get over the unintentional humorous foreshadowing in the title of the Jerry Sandusky story...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BoVDQqBdL._SX337_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Grizalltheway
January 31st, 2020, 05:14 PM

Not only that, but did he really need to link his Wikipedia page? xlolx

Paladin1aa
January 31st, 2020, 05:15 PM
There is no Hell. Pile on the dude.

ysubigred
January 31st, 2020, 05:25 PM
Having zero ethical standards certainly expands your options. Has YSU consider this former P5 HC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_SanduskyDidn't you polish Jerry's knob a time or two?

Penguin Nation
January 31st, 2020, 05:27 PM

He’s dead? That gives YSU lots of negotiating leverage!

Penguin Nation
January 31st, 2020, 05:33 PM
Didn't you polish Jerry's knob a time or two?

Damn girl you sure get your panties bunched up too easily. Just accept YSU is Scumbag Central and you’ll feel less butt hurt.

ysubigred
January 31st, 2020, 06:13 PM
Damn girl you sure get your panties bunched up too easily. Just accept YSU is Scumbag Central and you’ll feel less butt hurt.If you hate your school so bad. Just say nothing that would send more of a message. You coming on to troll with the scumbag u **** was funny two years ago. Now it's looking like the only scumbag is you. I'd say the only butt hurt comes from you.

Paladin1aa
February 1st, 2020, 07:30 AM
It’s between Montgomery and Mallory.

Redbird 4th & short
February 1st, 2020, 09:35 AM
on the surface, Montgomery makes much more sense than Mallory, in terms of which is more inclined to take the job. I just don't see why Mallory would leave ISUb for YSU as his next job. But that opinion may not even be worth 2 cents ...

Redbird 4th & short
February 1st, 2020, 09:36 AM
If you hate your school so bad. Just say nothing that would send more of a message. You coming on to troll with the scumbag u **** was funny two years ago. Now it's looking like the only scumbag is you. I'd say the only butt hurt comes from you.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d1/d9/e1/d1d9e18fa167e91bd88715a0517a208f.jpg
(https://www.pinterest.com/pin/110830840808997576/)

ysubigred
February 1st, 2020, 10:11 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d1/d9/e1/d1d9e18fa167e91bd88715a0517a208f.jpg
(https://www.pinterest.com/pin/110830840808997576/)What? Are you replying to me? If so your delusional. I've been critical of players and coaches in game and after bad games but was on the bandwagon when doing well, but never went as low as PN. Hell I'm on record supporting Richmond's second chance. A B conversation C your way out.

Redbird 4th & short
February 1st, 2020, 11:29 AM
What? Are you replying to me? If so your delusional. I've been critical of players and coaches in game and after bad games but was on the bandwagon when doing well, but never went as low as PN. Hell I'm on record supporting Richmond's second chance. A B conversation C your way out.

Not trolling towards YSU, but towards NDSU on this thread the past 5 pages .. you basically admitted as much.

No worries, just found your legit post a little ironic on the trolling point. xpeacex

ysubigred
February 1st, 2020, 11:56 AM
Not trolling towards YSU, but towards NDSU on this thread the past 5 pages .. you basically admitted as much.

No worries, just found your legit post a little ironic on the trolling point. xpeacexYou're one of the good guys 4th. Hurt my feelings more the trolled me. I may have went over board before. No one likes a good trolling like me [emoji106]

Redbird 4th & short
February 1st, 2020, 01:37 PM
You're one of the good guys 4th. Hurt my feelings more the trolled me. I may have went over board before. No one likes a good trolling like me [emoji106]

it's all good, I know you were just smack talking.

BeamMeUp
February 1st, 2020, 07:51 PM
Is it?

ysubigred
February 1st, 2020, 08:28 PM
Is it?
31359Lou Holtz

Penguin Nation
February 2nd, 2020, 05:58 PM
Have the champs lost their minds?

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/the-scoop-sunday-february-2-2020/

ysubigred
February 2nd, 2020, 06:48 PM
Have the champs lost their minds?

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/the-scoop-sunday-february-2-2020/I know me and you don't see eye to eye but WTF DD seemed clueless the last couple of years now this [emoji86][emoji87][emoji85]

Paladin1aa
February 2nd, 2020, 07:16 PM
This is just an indication of how corrupt it’s been at YSU. A player not worthy of a schollie who played ( and not very well indicative of his limited abilities), added as a coach, promoted as a coach ( who has even less skills there) and now taken with Bozo to LSU ( totally bull sheet ). But when your mama’s boyfriend coughs up big bucks for a new multi-media center in the stadium, costly favors are expected ? The Cardinal Mooney mafia. Is it any wonder the joke that YSU has become ?

The Yo Show
February 2nd, 2020, 08:18 PM
Paladin, Red and PN, we are going to all be in agreement on this one. Joke is on LSU with the D'Alesio hire, he will provide no benefit and draw a salary.

Sycamore62
February 2nd, 2020, 08:34 PM
Paladin, Red and PN, we are going to all be in agreement on this one. Joke is on LSU with the D'Alesio hire, he will provide no benefit and draw a salary.

Defensive analyst. Doesnt take a coaching spot and they have unlimited money. He will probably BO’s gopher. No harm no foul.

Penguin Nation
February 2nd, 2020, 09:57 PM
The “glass is half full” take is that DD is definitely unable to cause further damage to the program. I have to add tho that LSU hiring a chimpanzee would be more sensible. I’ve followed YSU FB since I was a child, and there has never been another player and coach whose incompetence was that legendary and openly spoken of by all...even on the cheerleader board.

LSU’s new DC had a mediocre FCS D at YSU once Wolf’s recruits left. The YSU D, especially the YSU pass D, which was typically ranked #1 in the entire FCS, actually deteriorated under this “defensive genius.” It will be interesting to see the LSU D in 3-4 years.

Paladin1aa
February 3rd, 2020, 09:51 AM
Mallory is out. Says he is flattered but no longer interested. Interviews on Saturday in Canton near the airport.. we may have a new dark horse emerge. Montgomery is iffy because of a losing record as HC at Miami (Oh).

ysubigred
February 3rd, 2020, 10:26 AM
Mallory is out. Says he is flattered but no longer interested. Interviews on Saturday in Canton near the airport.. we may have a new dark horse emerge. Montgomery is iffy because of a losing record as HC at Miami (Oh).

Lou Lou Lou LOU

The Yo Show
February 3rd, 2020, 10:30 AM
Lou Holtz is 83...

ysubigred
February 3rd, 2020, 10:33 AM
Lou Holtz is 83...

So he has knowledge xlolx

Paladin1aa
February 3rd, 2020, 11:06 AM
Some speculation that they might approach Vince Kehres, former HC at D-III Mt.Union who just joined Toledo staff. Frankly, this is not looking good and the ADs record hiring coaches is not good in the money sports. It’s late, recruiting is screwed and no big names appear to be interested.

AD is totally responsible for the fall of FB, MBB and WBB.

Professor
February 3rd, 2020, 11:09 AM
Some speculation that they might approach Vince Kehres, former HC at D-III Mt.Union who just joined Toledo staff. Frankly, this is not looking good and the ADs record hiring coaches is not good in the money sports. It’s late, recruiting is screwed and no big names appear to be interested.

AD is totally responsible for the fall of FB, MBB and WBB.

Not to be funny but has YSU reached out to any NDSU assistants

Paladin1aa
February 3rd, 2020, 11:13 AM
To my knowledge, no.

Rumor they may have looked at Darrel Hazel , former HC at Purdue where he failed and was fired. Former Tressel assist.

Just speculation on my part, but I believe Mallory pulled out because he knows how bad YSUs roster is, and it was a lateral move at about the same money. He isn’t stupid. It’s getting late for a good coach who will face serious problems putting a staff together and get spring FB going.

Redbird 4th & short
February 3rd, 2020, 11:52 AM
To my knowledge, no.

Rumor they may have looked at Darrel Hazel , former HC at Purdue where he failed and was fired. Former Tressel assist.

Just speculation on my part, but I believe Mallory pulled out because he knows how bad YSUs roster is, and it was a lateral move at about the same money. He isn’t stupid. It’s getting late for a good coach who will face serious problems putting a staff together and get spring FB going.

Hazell makes a lot of sense on the surface .. checks many boxes.

Professor
February 3rd, 2020, 12:15 PM
To my knowledge, no.

I thought Hazel was retired

Paladin1aa
February 3rd, 2020, 01:22 PM
Hazel is certainly old enough to be retired and this job needs a younger guy.

Monty may be a favorite by default. Knows the program that 2 years ago he was the OC for, knows about half the kids who were here and is aware of the recruit areas we cover. Good Ohio contacts as well. Contract negotiations may be another issue.

The Yo Show
February 3rd, 2020, 02:15 PM
To my knowledge, no.

I mean look at where ISU was when he first started with them. He has them trending up. Don't think it has anything to do with YSU's roster (I'm not even commenting on how bad or good it is), but maybe I'm wrong.

The way I see it, YSU was gonna be paying him about the same, and he was going to have to move his entire family ect. If I was him I wouldn't be interested either. Would need to be a promotion not a lateral move.

Paladin1aa
February 3rd, 2020, 02:27 PM
YSU has been trending down under Pelini and Mallory saw YSU every year lately. He would have been better if he had not lost Boyle at QB. Beating YSU had to give him a heads up what YSU has.

Now it’s turning problematic in hiring a staff, recruiting and doing Spring football. He has an idea what he has coming back. ISUb looks better at this point than YSU.

If moRon holds to wanting HC experience, Montys record at Miami works against him and that leaves lower level HCs to look at. Not a great situation.

Sycamore62
February 3rd, 2020, 03:14 PM
Id say we were trending kind of up at ISUb. He cleaned house and at **** his first year. could have gone either way year 2, got unlucky then lucky then screwed (or not) then Boyle got hurt and our assumed backup started hurt and never recovered from a leg muscle pull (calf i think). I just dont think that YSU puts him at a G5 job faster than winning at ISUb. I think if he is going to win at either place it will be faster at ISUb. I just read last week that Boyle was not going to pursue a 6th season, it was a tweener if he would or not get it, so this makes me wonder if we have something in the works with another transfer or if he is comfortable going with his guys he has now. Maybe he can convince IU's backup QB to come to Terre Haute.

Chalupa Batman
February 3rd, 2020, 04:11 PM
If moRon holds to wanting HC experience, Montys record at Miami works against him and that leaves lower level HCs to look at. Not a great situation.

I hear Art Briles is available.

cx500d
February 3rd, 2020, 04:14 PM
No, he's locked into a Texas High School contract...FCS can't afford that kind of buyout

Penguin Nation
February 3rd, 2020, 04:26 PM

Why not? They've already lost the support of anybody who would care a few years ago.

Penguin Nation
February 3rd, 2020, 07:00 PM
Paladin,

Any word on Brian Wright? He has HC experience and is undefeated as HC after taking over for Carl at FAU...who sucked as HC. He's a HC at a D2 program now. Seems like he be foolish to turn it down.

Paladin1aa
February 3rd, 2020, 07:37 PM
Word is moRon wants successful HC experience, so Wright probably isn’t an option. He had few games at FAU. Wright also just became HC at D-II Pittsburg St. in Kansas, normally a powerhouse. He will build a better record with the Gorillas than YSU, leading to a better shot at a good FCS job with a future. My outlook is whoever gets the YSU job is screwed for several years - bad Pelini recruiting leaves little to compete successfully in the MVFC. YSU also normally only gives a 3 year contract to new coaches. That’s risky given the situation. Two or three good years at Pittsburg puts Wright n line to move up with better choices. YSU could kill a career right now. JMHO.

ysubigred
February 4th, 2020, 05:57 PM
According to the YSU rah rah board. New HC is Tim Tyrrell. Local very successful high school coach and glory days YSU 90s player. We'll see. I'm a fan soooooo Go Guins[emoji85][emoji87][emoji86]

ysubigred
February 4th, 2020, 06:09 PM
Another choice YSU HAS IS Treadwell, now at Michigan State, previously served as running-backs coach and offensive coordinator at YSU. He also spent time as an assistant at Miami-Ohio, Cincinnati, Stanford, Boston College, North Carolina State and Kent State.

cx500d
February 4th, 2020, 06:12 PM
I heard Mark Dantonio is available

ysubigred
February 4th, 2020, 06:14 PM
I heard Mark Dantonio is availableHa I put that on the rah rah board and crickets chirping,, so not funny [emoji57]

Paladin1aa
February 4th, 2020, 06:32 PM
This is laughable and pathetic if true. A h.s. Coach for YSU. Tyrrell cheated his way to state titles at Akron Hoban.

Well, with a bad roster, poor recruit classes, blown recruiting this year and now a h.s. Coach as the HC. What could go wrong ? lol

Now watch what they put together for a staff. The MVFC should be licking their chops !

YSU politics strikes again.

ysubigred
February 4th, 2020, 07:14 PM
Youngstown and are believed to still be viable candidates, sources say, are James Madison offensive coordinator Shane Montgomery, Michigan State wide receivers coach Don Treadwell, Cincinnati running backs coach/special teams coordinator Doug Phillips, Michigan defensive backs coach Mike Zordich, Archbishop Hoban High School head coach Tim Tyrrell and former NY Giants and Tampa Bay Bucs offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan.

The Yo Show
February 4th, 2020, 07:20 PM
I will wait for an actual announcement but, it is a big risk to hire a coach straight from high school with no head coaching experience in college. Definitely some learning to be had for someone in that position.

Penguin Nation
February 4th, 2020, 08:02 PM
The process was doomed from the start with the most incompetent & corrupt leading the search. Hilarious that it maybe a HS HC with a history of scandals. Perfect fit for Scumbag U.

I’ve always wondered if dedication, and motivational and people skills were undervalued as compared to experience when choosing a FB HC. Maybe Tyrrell has that skill set? If so why not. The programs a dumpster fire either way.

Penguin Nation
February 4th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Paladin,

Any word about DumBo recruits leaving the program? Not that it matters lol.

Derby City Duke
February 4th, 2020, 09:46 PM
I will wait for an actual announcement but, it is a big risk to hire a coach straight from high school with no head coaching experience in college. Definitely some learning to be had for someone in that position.

See: Gerry Faust

cx500d
February 4th, 2020, 09:53 PM
I heard John Grass might be available

Paladin1aa
February 5th, 2020, 07:03 AM
PN - there were a lot of rumors about guys transferring out if Bozo was still here. Frankly, as bad as some are, that might be a good thing.

Today is big as NLOID. Does Crenshaw still come ? Is there any improvement over the weak early class in Dec. ? Hell, do they get anyone that can play at this level. Safe to say no matter who the coach is, this program is screwed for years.

And how do you justify not firing Strollo ? Two decades of royal screw ups in hiring coaches ( especially in the money sports ) , unworthy contract extensions, game scheduling, ticket gate, poor game promotions, etc. YSU has been a leper under this idiot.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 08:22 AM

Funny you mention a HS coach,, Let's see YSU tried coaches with NFL, Big Ten and Tressel understudies. All failures especially when matching up with the MVFC. Why not a HS Coach? Give it a shot "if" he fails lets go the YMCA volunteer tackle football coach route really can't get much worse can it?

xsalutex

Sycamore62
February 5th, 2020, 08:26 AM
its funny that a bunch of YSU people got their wish that a coach is gone and the follow up search seems to be turning to a dumpster fire.

I could see this happening at a bunch of schools. Ive seen administrations do this in the past too.

ST_Lawson
February 5th, 2020, 08:32 AM
its funny that a bunch of YSU people got their wish that a coach is gone and the follow up search seems to be turning to a dumpster fire.

I could see this happening at a bunch of schools. Ive seen administrations do this in the past too.

I've had a front row seat for it. It's scary.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 08:33 AM

Careful what you wish for I always say. Still puzzled why under both Bo and Wolford YSU teams were so hot or cold never consistent? Whoever the next coach is I hope he can correct this.

Sycamore62
February 5th, 2020, 08:38 AM
Careful what you wish for I always say. Still puzzled why under both Bo and Wolford YSU teams were so hot or cold never consistent? Whoever the next coach is I hope he can correct this.

I think we have a situation like this in basketball

Paladin1aa
February 5th, 2020, 09:07 AM
Red

There are a host of problems at YSU. Wolford recruited solid FCS players. He stomped Pitts butt proving that. But he also never had a DC worth a crap, going thru 3 of them in his short tenure. Firing him was a major mistake. Bozo knows D but his recruiting was so bad, once Wolfs players were gone, he was standing there exposed, butt naked. He should have been fired.

The cheerleader board are backing up what will become another dumpster fire with the hiring of a h.s. coach. And the same crew will demand the recruitment of the local parochial school stars. Haven’t they seen how worthless that has worked out. Or recruiting the State of Youngstown ? That ship has sailed. Great players in Fla.,Ga.,Cal.,and Tex. What’s left in Ohio after they are recruited by the B1G and MAC, among others, are not very desirable if the goal is to be a FCS power again.

And the source of all the failures remains there - Strollo. Things are going to be real ugly for quite awhile. Another lost decade.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Red

There are a host of problems at YSU. Wolford recruited solid FCS players. He stomped Pitts butt proving that. But he also never had a DC worth a crap, going thru 3 of them in his short tenure. Firing him was a major mistake. Bozo knows D but his recruiting was so bad, once Wolfs players were gone, he was standing there exposed, butt naked. He should have been fired.

The cheerleader board are backing up what will become another dumpster fire with the hiring of a h.s. coach. And the same crew will demand the recruitment of the local parochial school stars. Haven’t they seen how worthless that has worked out. Or recruiting the State of Youngstown ? That ship has sailed. Great players in Fla.,Ga.,Cal.,and Tex. What’s left in Ohio after they are recruited by the B1G and MAC, among others, are not very desirable if the goal is to be a FCS power again.

And the source of all the failures remains there - Strollo. Things are going to be real ugly for quite awhile. Another lost decade.

Good post Pally ^^ In the perfect world YSU kept Wolford and brought Bo back to be the D coordinator LOL! Being a fan I'll just keep the glass half full and hope for the best and really hope it's not a lost decade,,, I don't have much time left on earth xbawlingx

The Yo Show
February 5th, 2020, 09:53 AM
Funny you mention a HS coach,, Let's see YSU tried coaches with NFL, Big Ten and Tressel understudies. All failures especially when matching up with the MVFC. Why not a HS Coach? Give it a shot "if" he fails lets go the YMCA volunteer tackle football coach route really can't get much worse can it?

xsalutex

I mean at this point I will give him a shot. One bright side is he is a good recruiter in Ohio, and has ties to Florida so maybe he can get some good recruits? I will give him a shot, and be supportive even though I was opposed to the decision.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 10:18 AM
I mean at this point I will give him a shot. One bright side is he is a good recruiter in Ohio, and has ties to Florida so maybe he can get some good recruits? I will give him a shot, and be supportive even though I was opposed to the decision.

Bingo^^ I couldn't say it much better thanks!

Sycamore62
February 5th, 2020, 10:20 AM
I wonder if Sterling Gilbert is ever on anyone's radar (or vice versa). He came out of a Texas HS to OC for Dino Babers then floated around and is back with Dino at Syracuse. If I was a FCS school in YSU's situation I might try to get him.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 10:25 AM
I wonder if Sterling Gilbert is ever on anyone's radar (or vice versa). He came out of a Texas HS to OC for Dino Babers then floated around and is back with Dino at Syracuse. If I was a FCS school in YSU's situation I might try to get him.

I have no proof of this but the writing's been on the wall too many times,,, YSU is operation off the good ole boy system. "IF" Coach Gilbert had some kind of the State of Youngstown connections, I'm sure he's got at least a hit on twitter xembarrassedx

Sycamore62
February 5th, 2020, 10:47 AM
I have no proof of this but the writing's been on the wall too many times,,, YSU is operation off the good ole boy system. "IF" Coach Gilbert had some kind of the State of Youngstown connections, I'm sure he's got at least a hit on twitter xembarrassedx

I just figured A school not necessarily YSU. he could probably put an offense out that could score points. not totally sure it would be a long term strategy, kind of like hiring Dino

Paladin1aa
February 5th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Let me tell you about Tyrrell- yes he recruited but didn’t need much to subdue typical h.s. Teams lacking some talent. He only needed a couple of players. At this level , he needs 22 with some capable backups. Second, he had at best, 2 or 3 teams a year he actually had to coach against seriously and at this level, lots of smart, savvy coaches around with years and decades of battle tested backgrounds who know way more than he does. Remember Butler ? He had the same situation in Fla with all star players but there he faced off in the playoffs against Fla finest. No state title. Finally, the OHSAA was on his trail because of the recruiting and here he will have the NCAA. Lording over him.

This is another local incest hire. Ursuline grad. The cheerleaders think you aren’t a good coach unless you are from Ytown. Ditto best players are from Ytown not anywhere else. Hell Strollo hired his wife for a top dept job. She was way more qualified than others not from Ytown ? Nepotism at its finest.

The cheerleader board calls it risky but worth a gamble. I’ll call it what it is - stupid, parochial and the final nail in a coffin of YSU football. First Butler , recruiting a rapist and now this. The laughingstock of the nation.

clenz
February 5th, 2020, 11:16 AM
YSU is going to hire a HS coach

that has been busted for cheating

twice

once for recruiting
once for breaking practice/contact rules

Well.....

of all the potential hires, he's one

https://youtu.be/zjedLeVGcfE

Paladin1aa
February 5th, 2020, 11:34 AM
I’m also reminded of not only Faust, but also the H.S. coach in Las Vegas who coached a state powerhouse ( can’t remember his name) parochial school with recruited athletes. UNLV fired their coach so they could hire the local savior. He was fired in just a few short years.

I can’t think of any successful HC who was hired direct from h.s. Paul Brown might be the closest.

Sycamore62
February 5th, 2020, 12:26 PM
I’m also reminded of not only Faust, but also the H.S. coach in Las Vegas who coached a state powerhouse ( can’t remember his name) parochial school with recruited athletes. UNLV fired their coach so they could hire the local savior. He was fired in just a few short years.

I can’t think of any successful HC who was hired direct from h.s. Paul Brown might be the closest.

Art Briles was only 2 years out from HS. That was the closest one that came to mind

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 01:26 PM
Ugh! According to our best source for information (Ytown Chief) Justus Reed to transfer.

Will be interesting to see the fall out from the new HS HC coming on board. Also on the board the team will get the official notification today not Saturday since it's leaked out.

clenz
February 5th, 2020, 01:28 PM
I mean - he tweeted it himself

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 01:34 PM
I mean - he tweeted it himself

Yup just seen that also. Thanks Einstein for your input, always appreciated xthumbsupx

Paladin1aa
February 5th, 2020, 05:40 PM
I said earlier I heard some players were going to transfer, but had no idea it included their best player, Reed. If players feel shortchanged with a h.s. coach as the HC, the list of transfers could grow.

Raging dumpster fire.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 05:42 PM
I said earlier I heard some players were going to transfer, but had no idea it included their best player, Reed. If players feel shortchanged with a h.s. coach as the HC, the list of transfers could grow.

Raging dumpster fire.Crenshaw officially signs.

Paladin1aa
February 5th, 2020, 06:25 PM
Crenshaw has no OL in front of him and less than average WRs to throw to while handing off to poor RBs.

Raging dumpster fire.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 08:31 PM
Crenshaw has no OL in front of him and less than average WRs to throw to while handing off to poor RBs.

Raging dumpster fire.Glass half full my friend. You got rid of Bozo so give it a chance. Your a typical liberal [emoji57]

Paladin1aa
February 5th, 2020, 09:25 PM
No one got rid of Bozo. He walked away on his own.

For the record, a moderate - socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

I always call them as I see them, the good years and the bad years. This is a raging dumpster fire.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 09:32 PM
No one got rid of Bozo. He walked away on his own.

For the record, a moderate - socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

I always call them as I see them, the good years and the bad years. This is a raging dumpster fire.Hard to be a raging dumpster fire when it's not started yet talk to me in October [emoji86][emoji87][emoji85]

Lorne_Malvo
February 5th, 2020, 09:40 PM
YSU needed a good enema. This will probably all be for the best.

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 09:52 PM
YSU needed a good enema. This will probably all be for the best.The YSU fan is their own worst enemy. Bitch no matter what happens. IDGF if YSU goes 0-11 Bo was bad now he's gone. Be careful what you wish for dumbasses.

Lorne_Malvo
February 5th, 2020, 09:57 PM
The YSU fan is their own worst enemy. Bitch no matter what happens. IDGF if YSU goes 0-11 Bo was bad now he's gone. Be careful what you wish for dumbasses.

Bo is his own worst enemy so I can get behind your sentiment somewhat. :)

ysubigred
February 5th, 2020, 10:03 PM
Bo is his own worst enemy so I can get behind your sentiment somewhat. :)Bo was a passionate old school football coach something that today's youngsters can't hang with. He's better suited as a coordinator.

GreenGlasses
February 6th, 2020, 12:11 AM
I remember the late 80s to mid 90s Youngstown teams. What a complete joke todays Youngstown State is to those teams and even admin. And it starts with the top, not your AD but your president. I know your AD is suppose to do the hiring but the last 3 big hires Ive seen from YSU has Tressel's handprint all over.

Bo Pelini- 33-28 at YSU, From Youngstown OH, Ohio State Free Safety Grad 1990
Jerrod Calhoun- 33-55, From East Liverpool, Ohio, Played at Cleveland State 2001-02, Cincinnati Grad 2004
Tim Tyrrell- Know absolutely nothing about this guy except he is like the other 2, from Northern OH.

The last 3 coaches or the ones that I can think of off of the top of my head to go from HS to College:

Gerry Foust- Moeller HS to Notre Dame- 30-26-1
Todd Dodge- Southlake Carroll (TX) to North Texas- 6-37
Tony Sanchez- Bishop Gorman (NV) to UNLV- 20-40

Looks as if you aren't from Northern Ohio you don't work at YSU under Tressel.

Also those teams had to fight through the likes of not only Montana but Appy State, GA Southern, Troy and Marshall.

How the mighty have fallen, or just got left in the dust.

Paladin1aa
February 6th, 2020, 07:26 AM
You are on to something, Green. I’m a transplant to the area, Central Ohio but was here for the glory years. There is a huge inferiority complex to the area. Only the best coaches are from here. Ditto players. Local fans think they are experts. It’s sad really. They have allowed a couple of good ol boys to make dumb, stupid decisions that tore down all that was built. The politics here are rotten - recruit local stars not worthy of an FCS schollie, hire only locals for coaching and athletic dept. Apparently everyone else in the world lacks knowledge, experience and abilities because they are not from here.

They are reaping the oats they have sown.

GreenGlasses
February 6th, 2020, 12:02 PM
You are on to something, Green. I’m a transplant to the area, Central Ohio but was here for the glory years. There is a huge inferiority complex to the area. Only the best coaches are from here. Ditto players. Local fans think they are experts. It’s sad really. They have allowed a couple of good ol boys to make dumb, stupid decisions that tore down all that was built. The politics here are rotten - recruit local stars not worthy of an FCS schollie, hire only locals for coaching and athletic dept. Apparently everyone else in the world lacks knowledge, experience and abilities because they are not from here.

They are reaping the oats they have sown.

I know Tressel is a legend in and around Youngstown and later the state of Ohio. But this is the exact reason you don't hire someone like Tressel to be your president. In most cases he has toooooo many ties to everyone and will want to return the favor to everyone he can. Your president in athletics is suppose to be your last buffer to maybe reject the hire your AD made that looks to be a bad hire. In Youngstown State's case it looks like your president is the one handing out all the free ride tickets at the carnival to his friends and just maybe leaving the qualified people in the back of the line.

The Yo Show
February 6th, 2020, 07:37 PM
Well maybe my inclination to wait for an announcement on new head coach was right. Who even knows what is going on right now with the hire!

Schism55
February 6th, 2020, 08:21 PM
https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/1225599430344216576

Paladin1aa
February 6th, 2020, 08:47 PM
You can’t make this stuff up. The h.s. coach threw a monkey wrench in demanding more money to hire a competent staff. Presto. He is gone. The new “selection” is Doug Phillips from.......................... wait for it ................................. you know it’s coming.................

Youngstown. Wow, surprise. Let’s see if he demands money for assistants. He may not stick

Politics

Cheap bas tards

Bumbling buffoons

Incompetent

corrupt

GreenGlasses
February 7th, 2020, 01:00 AM
I really feel for the older Youngstown State fans, those that watched an inconsistent Narduzzi teams to Tressel turning them into a top 3 IAA power for more than a decade to what they are mow, a complete shell. I always thought that Youngstown should have pushed harder to go IA when teams like Nevada, Troy, Marshall, Boise and even Northeast Louisiana (Louisiana Monroe) and Idaho were moving up. All of those schools took a risk in moving up and for all but one, was rewarded. Different time now 25 years later and different landscape in college football.

Paladin1aa
February 7th, 2020, 07:05 AM
The corruption here is staggering. This guy is no more qualified than the h.s. coach to be selected. And the question remains will they fund the hiring of competent staff ? Incompetency and corruption is YSU.

Boy, have I been wrong . Its even far worse than I’ve been portraying. Stick a fork in them. YSU is dead . Perhaps they should consider joining the Pioneer League. The MVFC will feast on this dead body for years.

ysubigred
February 7th, 2020, 07:49 AM
I really feel for the older Youngstown State fans, those that watched an inconsistent Narduzzi teams to Tressel turning them into a top 3 IAA power for more than a decade to what they are mow, a complete shell. I always thought that Youngstown should have pushed harder to go IA when teams like Nevada, Troy, Marshall, Boise and even Northeast Louisiana (Louisiana Monroe) and Idaho were moving up. All of those schools took a risk in moving up and for all but one, was rewarded. Different time now 25 years later and different landscape in college football.GG thanks for the sensible posts. I couldn't say it any better myself. Being one of the older fans I really wanted to see another NC run. [emoji1785]

Paladin1aa
February 7th, 2020, 01:34 PM
There is a cheerleader board poster who claims Phillips wasn’t even in the final three, that a booster was making a significant gift to YSU and wanted Phillips and presto, Tressel steps in and makes him the selection.

The soap opera continues.

ysubigred
February 7th, 2020, 02:04 PM
The corruption here is staggering. This guy is no more qualified than the h.s. coach to be selected. And the question remains will they fund the hiring of competent staff ? Incompetency and corruption is YSU.

Boy, have I been wrong . Its even far worse than I’ve been portraying. Stick a fork in them. YSU is dead . Perhaps they should consider joining the Pioneer League. The MVFC will feast on this dead body for years.

Hmmm, The MVFC's been feasting on YSU's live body with Wolford (your boy) and big bad Bo,, so what's your point If this coach can go 3-8 he'll tied records of both Bo and wolf. I'm pissed also but who knows this might spark something.

Actually since you always say Wolford is the best coach YSU had lately the numbers don't add up,, In his tenure 18-22 in the MVFC.

Bo was 18-22

Heacock was 35-30 with 1 out right conference championship (06)

So since you like throwing the MVFC around by the numbers Heacock was YSU's best coach lately and he did it with less $$, facilities and support xsmiley_wix

Paladin1aa
February 7th, 2020, 02:33 PM
Ho hum. An embarrassing coach search pales when you look at the roster. They could bring back Tressel to coach and they would still be in deep sheet. Nothing at all to get excited about. They are screwed for years.

I giveWolf credit - he was a good recruiter and brought in good FCS players, stomped Pitt and had winning records. He couldn’t find a decent DC to save his arse ( he had 3 in his short tenure). He also committed the sin of not recruiting the worthless local parochial stars upsetting the money guys who ran him out of town. Bozo couldn’t recruit to save his azz, couldn’t beat Butler and wasted schollies on local worthless stars to keep the money boys happy. He was a complete failure.

Now it makes little difference. I think the coach is a poor choice but he has no players worth a damn, so makes no difference.

ysubigred
February 7th, 2020, 03:11 PM
Ho hum. An embarrassing coach search pales when you look at the roster. They could bring back Tressel to coach and they would still be in deep sheet. Nothing at all to get excited about. They are screwed for years.

I giveWolf credit - he was a good recruiter and brought in good FCS players, stomped Pitt and had winning records. He couldn’t find a decent DC to save his arse ( he had 3 in his short tenure). He also committed the sin of not recruiting the worthless local parochial stars upsetting the money guys who ran him out of town. Bozo couldn’t recruit to save his azz, couldn’t beat Butler and wasted schollies on local worthless stars to keep the money boys happy. He was a complete failure.

Now it makes little difference. I think the coach is a poor choice but he has no players worth a damn, so makes no difference.

Well to his credit Heacock had 3 sub .500 records in 9 years. Wolf 1 in 5 and Bo 2 in 5.
Glass half full young man[emoji3060]

Penguin Nation
February 7th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Hmmm, The MVFC's been feasting on YSU's live body with Wolford (your boy) and big bad Bo,, so what's your point If this coach can go 3-8 he'll tied records of both Bo and wolf. I'm pissed also but who knows this might spark something.

Actually since you always say Wolford is the best coach YSU had lately the numbers don't add up,, In his tenure 18-22 in the MVFC.

Bo was 18-22

Heacock was 35-30 with 1 out right conference championship (06)

So since you like throwing the MVFC around by the numbers Heacock was YSU's best coach lately and he did it with less $$, facilities and support xsmiley_wix

The Wolf was far superior to either Heacock or DumBo. The Wolf, in his very first game, was beating Penn State, whooped Pitt, and was beating Sparty in Q3 until the butt punt. BO...came from behind to tie RMU and went to OT...and the of course most infamous and humiliating loss in YSU history.

Wolf’s only losing MVFC record was his first season after inheriting Heacock’s train wreck. Bo had a losing MVFC record 3 years, including his last 2 years once Wolf’s recruits were gone. I like comparing conference records since its the same teams and YSU plays a horsesh— OOC schedule. Bo even had a season with no FBS game and 4 creampuffs...and still couldn’t muster a winning record.Of course, no one disgraced the program and the University like DumBo.

Heacock didn’t embarrass YSU but ran “the team of the 90’s” into the ground. Had a winning conference record the first two seasons, again with JT’s players, and then only 2 more years out of the next seven. His contract renewal was shocking due to its sheer idiocy. That’s when moRon’s peanut brain was made obvious to everybody.

Wolf lost a playoff-busting game to Misery State so he’s not perfect...but geez...the guy was immensely better than the other 2 HCs during moRon’s tenure as AD.

ysubigred
February 7th, 2020, 04:27 PM
The Wolf was far superior to either Heacock or DumBo. The Wolf, in his very first game, was beating Penn State, whooped Pitt, and was beating Sparty in Q3 until the butt punt. BO...came from behind to tie RMU and went to OT...and the of course most infamous and humiliating loss in YSU history.

Wolf’s only losing MVFC record was his first season after inheriting Heacock’s train wreck. Bo had a losing MVFC record 3 years, including his last 2 years once Wolf’s recruits were gone. I like comparing conference records since its the same teams and YSU plays a horsesh— OOC schedule. Bo even had a season with no FBS game and 4 creampuffs...and still couldn’t muster a winning record.Of course, no one disgraced the program and the University like DumBo.

Heacock didn’t embarrass YSU but ran “the team of the 90’s” into the ground. Had a winning conference record the first two seasons, again with JT’s players, and then only 2 more years out of the next seven. His contract renewal was shocking due to its sheer idiocy. That’s when moRon’s peanut brain was made obvious to everybody.

Wolf lost a playoff-busting game to Misery State so he’s not perfect...but geez...the guy was immensely better than the other 2 HCs during moRon’s tenure as AD.If I had to rank them 3 Bo 2 Wolford 1 Heacock. Hey in the perfect world we could have Heacock HC, Wolford recruiting coordinator and Bo defense coordinator [emoji57] You missed the point. All 3 when it counted in the MVFC was lacking. I don't have JT's numbers in the MVFC but I bet they're not stellar. My glaring satirical factor in all this is Heacock's 7-1 MVFC record in 06. That outweighs the Pitt win. I'd give Bo the nod over Wolford if the 16 team was not Eric's players.

Penguin Nation
February 7th, 2020, 08:46 PM
If I had to rank them 3 Bo 2 Wolford 1 Heacock. Hey in the perfect world we could have Heacock HC, Wolford recruiting coordinator and Bo defense coordinator [emoji57] You missed the point. All 3 when it counted in the MVFC was lacking. I don't have JT's numbers in the MVFC but I bet they're not stellar. My glaring satirical factor in all this is Heacock's 7-1 MVFC record in 06. That outweighs the Pitt win. I'd give Bo the nod over Wolford if the 16 team was not Eric's players.

Wolf > Hercock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DumBo

ysubigred
February 7th, 2020, 08:55 PM
Wolf > Hercock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DumBoThe numbers don't support your argument. What made Heacock look bad was following up JT. Go look at JTs 95, 96, 98 record he had bad seasons. Heacock with indoor facilities, $$ and support Eric and Bo had he might still be here.

Paladin1aa
February 7th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Heacock would not be here. He hated recruiting and it showed. That was also the time that I first started warning everyone on the cheerleader board that losing seasons were on the way. I was called nuts, names and shunned. Presto - losing seasons.. Again, Heacock hated recruiting and as such , had no future at YSU. He was strictly a DC , not a HC. His recruits were two steps down from Tressels. And he was still playing D-IIs then. Heacock was fired and needed to be.

ysubigred
February 7th, 2020, 09:40 PM
Heacock would not be here. He hated recruiting and it showed. That was also the time that I first started warning everyone on the cheerleader board that losing seasons were on the way. I was called nuts, names and shunned. Presto - losing seasons.. Again, Heacock hated recruiting and as such , had no future at YSU. He was strictly a DC , not a HC. His recruits were two steps down from Tressels. And he was still playing D-IIs then. Heacock was fired and needed to be.The numbers don't support your argument. 3 losing seasons in 9 years. Give Jon the support, $$ and facilities Wolford and Bo had I think he was better. Bottom line all 3 wasn't Saban [emoji57]

Penguin Nation
February 8th, 2020, 08:54 AM
The numbers don't support your argument. 3 losing seasons in 9 years. Give Jon the support, $$ and facilities Wolford and Bo had I think he was better. Bottom line all 3 wasn't Saban [emoji57]

Let’s look at this another way. Who inherited the best situation, and who inherited the worst? Here are the prior season records the HC’s inherited:

Hercock: inherited a playoff team with a 9-3/4-2 record.

Wolf: inherited a 6-5/4-4 team

DumBo: inherited a 7-5/4-4 team

Phillips: inherited a 6-6 /2-6 team.

In the moRon era, Hercock walked into the best situation...by far....and destroyed it. In other words, he was given the best resources, and f’ed it. Interestingly, the program has so progressively deteriorated so badly that Phillips is walking into the worst situation and most empty cupboard of any moRon era HC.