Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sorry, but not happening...

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1375826093266116608

Laker
March 27th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Bison football game at South Dakota canceled due to COVID-19 |

Hammerhead
March 27th, 2021, 11:08 AM
More than half of the MVFC teams at NOT playing this weekend.

skinny_uncle
March 27th, 2021, 01:57 PM
More than half of the MVFC teams at NOT playing this weekend.

When they postponed the schedule to spring, they were hoping the Covid situation would improve. Obviously, not working out.

Professor Chaos
March 27th, 2021, 02:26 PM
We'll see how the last 3 weeks play out but its a little early to throw in the towel on the conference season. The two games the first week were cancelled due to weather but between then and now we had 4 straight weeks of no issues. That's pretty good but the string of luck sure came to an abrupt halt this week.

JayJ79
March 27th, 2021, 02:50 PM
watching the UNI @ WIU game on ESPN+, and hearing the promo calling On The Run "the official convenience store of the Missouri Valley Football conference" (or something like that). That seems sacrilegious that it wouldn't be Caseys. But I suppose Caseys didn't want to pony up the money for the sponsorship or something

ST_Lawson
March 27th, 2021, 04:23 PM
watching the UNI @ WIU game on ESPN+, and hearing the promo calling On The Run "the official convenience store of the Missouri Valley Football conference" (or something like that). That seems sacrilegious that it wouldn't be Caseys. But I suppose Caseys didn't want to pony up the money for the sponsorship or something

https://i.giphy.com/IZvJyT86F8SS4.gif

Professor Chaos
March 27th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Positives are among NDSU tier 1 personnel (players, coaches, on field support staff):

https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1375894894921838592

I'd say it's very likely the NDSU/SDSU game scheduled for next weekend is going to get bumped to 4/17.

MSUDuo
March 27th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Alright, I'm going to ask just because I can now...

If MSU and SDSU tie for first with 1 loss each, how's the tiebreaker work? Who would get the AQ?

ysubigred
March 27th, 2021, 07:43 PM

If MSU and SDSU tie for first with 1 loss each, how's the tiebreaker work? Who would get the AQ?Hmm. Last I checked you got the might Penguins coming to town.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/cRMgB2wjHhVN2tDD2z/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd769o332xivgrywk9onj6wc99g7hki 11uwz8jqj1aj&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
March 27th, 2021, 07:46 PM

If MSU and SDSU tie for first with 1 loss each, how's the tiebreaker work? Who would get the AQ?
Record against common opponents then they go down the standings and start with their record against the 3rd place team than the 4th place team and so on. Assuming the SDSU/NDSU and MSU/UND games happen with SDSU and MSU winning those games it would depend on who finishes higher in the standings between NDSU and UND (if NDSU finishes higher SDSU gets the auto, if UND finishes higher MSU gets the auto). Regardless any MVFC team that finishes 6-1 in conference this spring is in the playoffs.

MSUDuo
March 27th, 2021, 08:38 PM
Hmm. Last I checked you got the might Penguins coming to town.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/cRMgB2wjHhVN2tDD2z/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd769o332xivgrywk9onj6wc99g7hki 11uwz8jqj1aj&rid=giphy.gif

More like, we still go to UND next week...

But that wasn't the point. Was just genuinely curious

Professor Chaos
March 29th, 2021, 12:45 PM
And another one bites the dust:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1376588063518900228

That's a hit for Missouri St's playoff chances I think... thinking it's autobid or bust for them at this point.

Chalupa Batman
March 29th, 2021, 12:52 PM

That's a hit for Missouri St's playoff chances I think... thinking it's autobid or bust for them at this point.

Can MSU even get the auto bid now? Even if NDSU-SDSU winner loses the following week (putting UND & MSU in 1st place tie) UND would still hold the tiebreaker I believe because UND played and beat SDSU and MSU didn’t play them. I think I’m correct on that but you probably no better than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schism55
March 29th, 2021, 12:58 PM
Well that sucks :(

MSUDuo
March 29th, 2021, 01:23 PM

Son of a Bitxh...

5-1, potentially, still looks awfully good in the MVFC and the SPRING season

Professor Chaos
March 29th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Can MSU even get the auto bid now? Even if NDSU-SDSU winner loses the following week (putting UND & MSU in 1st place tie) UND would still hold the tiebreaker I believe because UND played and beat SDSU and MSU didn’t play them. I think I’m correct on that but you probably no better than me.

If it's a 3 way tie between MSU, UND, and SDSU all with 1 conference loss and a varying number of conference wins they'd use some kind of voodoo between record against common opponents and record against the next best team(s) in the standings to sort it out. UND is still scheduled to play @YSU on 4/17 also.

nodak651
March 29th, 2021, 02:30 PM
If it's a 3 way tie between MSU, UND, and SDSU all with 1 conference loss and a varying number of conference wins they'd use some kind of voodoo between record against common opponents and record against the next best team(s) in the standings to sort it out. UND is still scheduled to play @YSU on 4/17 also.

Was really hoping UND would play Missouri State at home and then have YSU cancel the last game of the season so UND didn't have to play them on the road. Tough matchup after UND pounded the ball on the ground vs us.

Professor Chaos
March 29th, 2021, 05:40 PM
Son of a Bitxh...

5-1, potentially, still looks awfully good in the MVFC and the SPRING season
Kind of... but when you dig into it and see that they missed playing SDSU and UND and got shut out by NDSU it loses some of its luster to me. Their best win is over an SIU team that now seems to be in a free fall. Then there's the 0-3 start in the fall they have to offset as well. I just don't see MSU making the playoffs without the auto... they needed that potential big win over UND IMO. A lot of variables still in play but I think they'll need quite a bit of help even at 5-4 (5-1).

caribbeanhen
March 29th, 2021, 06:25 PM

voodoo is a good name for it

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-conference-tiebreaker-playoff-auto-bid-bzbz/

MVFCBeat
March 29th, 2021, 08:22 PM
This week's power rankings are here. Not much changed because not much happened.

https://www.missourivalleybeat.com/post/mvfc-football-week-7-power-rankings

MSUDuo
March 30th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Kind of... but when you dig into it and see that they missed playing SDSU and UND and got shut out by NDSU it loses some of its luster to me. Their best win is over an SIU team that now seems to be in a free fall. Then there's the 0-3 start in the fall they have to offset as well. I just don't see MSU making the playoffs without the auto... they needed that potential big win over UND IMO. A lot of variables still in play but I think they'll need quite a bit of help even at 5-4 (5-1).

That's kinda the point, being towards the top of the conference standings, no? People obviously still think UNI and SIU were/are quality wins, as they're still ranked (even still ahead of MO State in SIU) I guess it's entirely possible the Valley fell of the "toughest conference" mantel for a year though.

Fair analysis on the lack of results from the top 3. Not much we can do about that.

It will be interesting to see what's done with the 0-3 from the fall.

IF, IF, IF, we beat YSU, it's going to be close. Given our history and luck, I bet we're #17.

Professor Chaos
March 30th, 2021, 08:27 AM
That's kinda the point, being towards the top of the conference standings, no? People obviously still think UNI and SIU were/are quality wins, as they're still ranked (even still ahead of MO State in SIU) I guess it's entirely possible the Valley fell of the "toughest conference" mantel for a year though.

Fair analysis on the lack of results from the top 3. Not much we can do about that.

It will be interesting to see what's done with the 0-3 from the fall.

IF, IF, IF, we beat YSU, it's going to be close. Given our history and luck, I bet we're #17.
It presents some interesting hypothetical debates between a 5-1 in conference MSU and teams potentially below them in the conference standings such as the loser of NDSU/SDSU.

Say NDSU loses to SDSU and beats UNI. They'd end up 6-2 (5-2). They'd be below Missouri St in the conference standings but would've played SDSU, UND, and Illinois St while MSU played WIU and USD as uncommon opponents. Add to that the head-to-head win and I'm pretty sure NDSU slides ahead of MSU.

If NDSU beats SDSU it's an interesting debate between SDSU and MSU. They didn't play each other and neither played Illinois St so for uncommon opponents SDSU played UND in addition to playing the same 6 conference teams that MSU played meaning their record against common opponents is the same with both having lost to NDSU. Can you knock SDSU for losing a game against an opponent MSU didn't play?

UND will be an easier comparison since they both play YSU (hopefully) to close out the season. If UND wins that they're in but if they lose and MSU beats YSU to get to 5-1 in conference I do think the Bears probably slide in ahead of UND.

Bottom line is I think the cancelled UND game took MSU from controlling their own playoff destiny to needing some help. I think they need the loser of NDSU/SDSU to lose another game (USD for SDSU or UNI for NDSU) or YSU to beat UND. MSU could still get the autobid at 5-1 but from the scenarios I've looked at the winner of the NDSU/SDSU game seems to have the inside track to that with UND next in line.

EDIT: And all of this depends on 3 playoff bids being the magic number for the MVFC which I think is a pretty safe bet but you never know.

MSUDuo
March 30th, 2021, 08:55 AM
It presents some interesting hypothetical debates between a 5-1 in conference MSU and teams potentially below them in the conference standings such as the loser of NDSU/SDSU.

Say NDSU loses to SDSU and beats UNI. They'd end up 6-2 (5-2). They'd be below Missouri St in the conference standings but would've played SDSU, UND, and Illinois St while MSU played WIU and USD as uncommon opponents. Add to that the head-to-head win and I'm pretty sure NDSU slides ahead of MSU.

If NDSU beats SDSU it's an interesting debate between SDSU and MSU. They didn't play each other and neither played Illinois St so for uncommon opponents SDSU played UND in addition to playing the same 6 conference teams that MSU played meaning their record against common opponents is the same with both having lost to NDSU. Can you knock SDSU for losing a game against an opponent MSU didn't play?

UND will be an easier comparison since they both play YSU (hopefully) to close out the season. If UND wins that they're in but if they lose and MSU beats YSU to get to 5-1 in conference I do think the Bears probably slide in ahead of UND.

Bottom line is I think the cancelled UND game took MSU from controlling their own playoff destiny to needing some help. I think they need the loser of NDSU/SDSU to lose another game (USD for SDSU or UNI for NDSU) or YSU to beat UND. MSU could still get the autobid at 5-1 but from the scenarios I've looked at the winner of the NDSU/SDSU game seems to have the inside track to that with UND next in line.

EDIT: And all of this depends on 3 playoff bids being the magic number for the MVFC which I think is a pretty safe bet but you never know.

Wholeheartedly agree on the control aspect.

All these years where we've been "in" the playoff talks prematurely we've had our shot to prove it on the field.

Now that we are doing just that, we're losing the chance. For Bears fans, who have been waiting anxiously, for so long, for that breakthrough, it's heartbreaking

Professor Chaos
March 30th, 2021, 09:03 AM
Wholeheartedly agree on the control aspect.

All these years where we've been "in" the playoff talks prematurely we've had our shot to prove it on the field.

Now that we are doing just that, we're losing the chance. For Bears fans, who have been waiting anxiously, for so long, for that breakthrough, it's heartbreaking
I guess if your boys do get snubbed going 5-1 in the spring they'll have some great momentum to carry into the fall (they should have that win or lose @YSU) and they'll be able to carry some supreme motivation into the summer to get even better.

MSUDuo
March 30th, 2021, 09:09 AM
I guess if your boys do get snubbed going 5-1 in the spring they'll have some great momentum to carry into the fall (they should have that win or lose @YSU) and they'll be able to carry some supreme motivation into the summer to get even better.

Absolutely. Looking forward to the rest of this season and what it could bring but the fall should bring a ton of excitement to Springfield

SDFS
March 30th, 2021, 09:47 AM
I was wondering if the League would swap out the UND/YSU game for the UND/MSU game since both games were postponed due to Covid. Since YSU is out of consideration for the title. This would let things get settled on the field. April 17th MSU@UND versus UND@YSU. Nothing personal to YSU, I just want to settle it on the field.

Professor Chaos
March 30th, 2021, 10:02 AM
I was wondering if the League would swap out the UND/YSU game for the UND/MSU game since both games were postponed due to Covid. Since YSU is out of consideration for the title. This would let things get settled on the field. April 17th MSU@UND versus UND@YSU. Nothing personal to YSU, I just want to settle it on the field.
I saw some similar speculation in regards to whether the WIU@USD game scheduled on 4/17 would potentially be switched to NDSU@USD. Personally I think it's kind of a slap in the face to YSU and WIU to even ask them to consider giving up their game. We all gave **** to Illinois St for quitting so I wouldn't want to encourage teams who have resisted that temptation to do it. I'd say unless YSU and WIU voluntarily opt out of those games unsolicited by anyone outside of their program they go on as scheduled.

SDFS
March 30th, 2021, 10:37 AM
I saw some similar speculation in regards to whether the WIU@USD game scheduled on 4/17 would potentially be switched to NDSU@USD. Personally I think it's kind of a slap in the face to YSU and WIU to even ask them to consider giving up their game. We all gave **** to Illinois St for quitting so I wouldn't want to encourage teams who have resisted that temptation to do it. I'd say unless YSU and WIU voluntarily opt out of those games unsolicited by anyone outside of their program they go on as scheduled.

Agreed, YSU would need to agree to this. I don't think you could force this type of change. All parties have to agree to this change.

TheKingpin28
March 30th, 2021, 10:54 AM
Agreed, YSU would need to agree to this. I don't think you could for this type of change. Any parties have to agree to this change.

Would YSU and WIU consider doing the double and doing a reverse fixture for a H-H this season? This would likely give YSU another win and help the Valley out for playoff implications.

BeamMeUp
March 30th, 2021, 11:44 AM
I don't see Youngstown State agreeing to any of the above changes. They have been strongly in favor of playing a season this spring and with the growth we have been seeing week over week with this team, they will want to stay the course and play the games (and teams) as scheduled from here on out.

JacksFan40
March 30th, 2021, 11:48 AM
This spring season was a mistake from the beginning. Either the FCS should’ve played in the Fall like the FBS, or waited until this coming Fall to play again.

Bisonator
March 31st, 2021, 09:20 AM
This spring season was a mistake from the beginning. Either the FCS should’ve played in the Fall like the FBS, or waited until this coming Fall to play again.
Exactly and most of us peasants knew it but the idiots in charge (presidents of universities) didn't. Tells you all you need to know why this country is in the shape it's in currently!

Paladin1aa
March 31st, 2021, 02:24 PM
I don't see Youngstown State agreeing to any of the above changes. They have been strongly in favor of playing a season this spring and with the growth we have been seeing week over week with this team, they will want to stay the course and play the games (and teams) as scheduled from here on out.

I agree. However, being a capitalist system, let me propose that money rules. How much would YSU be paid to give up the scheduled game so others may play ? Combined offers from 2 teams plus the league will be considered. xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
March 31st, 2021, 03:00 PM
I agree. However, being a capitalist system, let me propose that money rules. How much would YSU be paid to give up the scheduled game so others may play ? Combined offers from 2 teams plus the league will be considered. xthumbsupx
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsMxX8BCYAAnPWm.jpg

ST_Lawson
March 31st, 2021, 03:07 PM

Hello....now this I could get on board with. We didn't get a "payday" game this year, so we could really use the $$$.

caribbeanhen
March 31st, 2021, 03:10 PM
Bring ole Paul McCartney or one of his Wings to Newark this Saturday..... Albany just quit

Schism55
April 5th, 2021, 10:37 AM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1379077782689447940

Siiiiigh :(

Bisonator
April 5th, 2021, 10:53 AM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1379077782689447940

Siiiiigh :(
This transfer BS is going to be the downfall of college sports.

SUPharmacist
April 5th, 2021, 12:32 PM

Athletes that are aspiring for pro careers it will be a real challenge for teams outside of the P5 to keep those players. I see it as part of an ongoing challenge to make your athletic program and school a destination people will not want to leave. When non-athletes can transfer whenever, it seems unreasonable to restrict athletes. I know a lot of these athletes are on scholarship, but so are a lot of students who transfer. I wonder if this pressure will lead to more minor leagues in big sports.

Professor Chaos
April 5th, 2021, 12:38 PM
Athletes that are aspiring for pro careers it will be a real challenge for teams outside of the P5 to keep those players. I see it as part of an ongoing challenge to make your athletic program and school a destination people will not want to leave. When non-athletes can transfer whenever, it seems unreasonable to restrict athletes. I know a lot of these athletes are on scholarship, but so are a lot of students who transfer. I wonder if this pressure will lead to more minor leagues in big sports.
The P5 programs still have the same number of scholarships they always have. For all these guys moving up there's going to be just as many that are forced to move down. This is just how it's going to be in college athletics moving forward especially with the NCAA likely to approve a change granting a one-time exception allowing undergrads to transfer up (or sideways) and not have to sit out a year.

dewey
April 5th, 2021, 12:54 PM

I can see it if the coach that recruited the player leaves then the player could leave but this transferring in the middle of the season (not saying that is what happened with Hayes) is freaking ridiculous.

Not to mention this spring season is stupid.

Dewey

Schism55
April 5th, 2021, 02:10 PM
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1379147474594631684

Ughhhhh

MVFCBeat
April 5th, 2021, 02:38 PM
This week's ratings. The one where almost nothing happened and I admit I was probably wrong about NDSU at #3.

https://www.missourivalleybeat.com/post/mvfc-football-week-8-power-rankings

Schism55
April 5th, 2021, 06:55 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1379215713672568836

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1379215715438374921

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1379216165470400517

Professor Chaos
April 5th, 2021, 06:56 PM
Western Illinois pulls a Spack out.

https://twitter.com/WIUfootball/status/1379214854263726081

They had remaining games scheduled @SIU and @USD. Wonder if SIU and USD look to reschedule their game that was cancelled last week since they are both open on 4/17?

Schism55
April 5th, 2021, 06:56 PM
Season circling the drain as we speak....

Professor Chaos
April 5th, 2021, 07:02 PM
Throw me into the cynical side when it comes to these decisions that are touted as being "for the health and well-being of our student athletes" but would WIU have made this same decision had they not picked up their first win of the spring last week and had they not had two games on the road to close out their spring schedule?

On a related note, unless they fill in a game (like with SIU as I mentioned earlier) USD will finish the spring with one home game in their newly renovated Dakota Dome.

ST_Lawson
April 5th, 2021, 07:42 PM
...would WIU have made this same decision had they not picked up their first win of the spring last week and had they not had two games on the road to close out their spring schedule?

Probably not. Consider me disappointed. I did not expect us to take the Spack route.

I will admit that I don't know the situation with injuries and players opting out, but seriously?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/50/d9/8e/50d98e7ec2398b81fbc588bea3c3b52e.gif

Professor Chaos
April 5th, 2021, 08:16 PM
Aggressive statement here from SIU head coach Nick Hill:

https://twitter.com/17NickHill/status/1379217265766363144

Chalupa Batman
April 5th, 2021, 08:30 PM

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3JTpczfnK4q1kbYYaJ/giphy.gif

Preferred Walk-On
April 5th, 2021, 08:47 PM

While I agree with the sentiment, this is likely a "we have 3 losses, and there will likely be four MVFC teams with only 1-2 losses ahead of us, but we should still be in the playoffs." Might as well start the lobbying now.

Professor Chaos
April 5th, 2021, 09:06 PM
While I agree with the sentiment, this is likely a "we have 3 losses, and there will likely be four MVFC teams with only 1-2 losses ahead of us, but we should still be in the playoffs." Might as well start the lobbying now.
Yeah, I kinda glazed over the playoff talk. Was just glad to see a coach publicly call out these programs for quitting on their conference mates when they had committed to playing just a couple months ago. I don't even think a 6-3 SIU with wins over Illinois St and WIU would've made the playoffs.

ST_Lawson
April 5th, 2021, 09:16 PM
Aggressive statement here from SIU head coach Nick Hill:...

Aggressive...but (mostly) correct.

ysubigred
April 5th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Aggressive...but (mostly) correct.Huh.. I guess after you beat YSU there can be no more glory....

[emoji41]

caribbeanhen
April 5th, 2021, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I kinda glazed over the playoff talk. Was just glad to see a coach publicly call out these programs for quitting on their conference mates when they had committed to playing just a couple months ago. I don't even think a 6-3 SIU with wins over Illinois St and WIU would've made the playoffs.

I feel the same way, I really respect this coach for speaking out I really don’t blame him a whole lot for putting his playoff pitch in there

Paladin1aa
April 6th, 2021, 06:48 AM
When you look at the matchups where one team backed out ( supposedly for covid), were they the underdog ?

Just asking because appearances have some question marks.

that guy
April 6th, 2021, 07:12 AM
It appears if you don't opt out you will be in the playoffs due to lack of teams.

dewey
April 6th, 2021, 07:45 AM
It appears if you don't opt out you will be in the playoffs due to lack of teams.

I think the NCAA is still going with the 50% need to be playing for the playoffs to happen.

Dewey

JayJ79
April 6th, 2021, 08:13 AM
is it really that much different than how coaches leave when offered jobs at bigger programs?

Professor Chaos
April 6th, 2021, 08:22 AM
I think the NCAA is still going with the 50% need to be playing for the playoffs to happen.

Dewey
I would think that was just in the preseason where that threshold mattered. At this point they pretty much have to proceed with the playoffs... to pull the rug out from all the teams still left competing if we'd see a few dozen more programs drop off in the last couple weeks would really be a shady deal.

BNATION
April 6th, 2021, 08:27 AM
I would think that was just in the preseason where that threshold mattered. At this point they pretty much have to proceed with the playoffs... to pull the rug out from all the teams still left competing if we'd see a few dozen more programs drop off in the last couple weeks would really be a shady deal.
Very surprised to see it from schools in their area with their voting records and demo's, liberal institutions are still playing.... Very odd.....

Professor Chaos
April 6th, 2021, 08:29 AM
I will say at this point I've come around to the fact that it was absolutely a mistake for NDSU to not play in the fall and get in whatever they could've. Initially I was on board with going with the conference and the majority of the subdivision and moving to spring but after seeing how un-seriously many programs are taking the spring season it was a mistake. Hindsight is 20/20 but you have to call a spade a spade at some point. UCA, SFA, EKU (among others) had it right. I blame the weenies in the B1G mostly though... their "leadership" to postpone to spring and their resulting 180 crippled any chance the MVFC/FCS as a whole had of getting in a fall season.

That said I'm completely against pulling the plug on the spring season at this point. Honor your commitment and finish what you started.

TheKingpin28
April 6th, 2021, 08:45 AM
I will say at this point I've come around to the fact that it was absolutely a mistake for NDSU to not play in the fall and get in whatever they could've. Initially I was on board with going with the conference and the majority of the subdivision and moving to spring but after seeing how un-seriously many programs are taking the spring season it was a mistake. Hindsight is 20/20 but you have to call a spade a spade at some point. UCA, SFA, EKU (among others) had it right. I blame the weenies in the B1G mostly though... their "leadership" to postpone to spring and their resulting 180 crippled any chance the MVFC/FCS as a whole had of getting in a fall season.

That said I'm completely against pulling the plug on the spring season at this point. Honor your commitment and finish what you started.

If you would have told me He Who Shall Not Be Named on Bisonville was going to be right all along, I'd have called myself a liar, but I am in that same boat now. Obviously, I want NDSU to play the games, and as you mentioned, hindsight is 20/20. That said, this spring season is turning into a massive joke and as much as I'd have detested playing some schools like NMSU/Liberty/etc... I'd have taken that over this debacle we have now.

If they could have pulled off H-H with NMSU, Liberty, UCA, SFA, and a true FBS school, that would have been a nice 9 game schedule.

Chalupa Batman
April 6th, 2021, 09:42 AM
If you would have told me He Who Shall Not Be Named on Bisonville was going to be right all along, I'd have called myself a liar, but I am in that same boat now. Obviously, I want NDSU to play the games, and as you mentioned, hindsight is 20/20. That said, this spring season is turning into a massive joke and as much as I'd have detested playing some schools like NMSU/Liberty/etc... I'd have taken that over this debacle we have now.

If they could have pulled off H-H with NMSU, Liberty, UCA, SFA, and a true FBS school, that would have been a nice 9 game schedule.

It’s not like he’s Beetlejuice or something. At least I don’t think he is.

At this point I don’t want NDSU to pull the plug on the rest of the season. But if the plug is pulled for them it won’t bother me one bit.

TheKingpin28
April 6th, 2021, 10:46 AM

At this point I don’t want NDSU to pull the plug on the rest of the season. But if the plug is pulled for them it won’t bother me one bit.

You'd be surprised. There is a reason why he is ran off most boards he parrots. He ranks up there with JBB and B4L.

Again, I want them to finish the season, but playing in the fall would have been a better option and do a standard spring ball/practice.

Professor Chaos
April 6th, 2021, 11:31 AM

This is also where I'm at. If the conference or subdivision as a whole wants to give the rest of the spring the axe I won't be disappointed. But as long as the rest of the MVFC is committed to playing out the regular season and the rest of the conferences are committed to the playoffs I don't want to see NDSU Spack out.

Preferred Walk-On
April 6th, 2021, 11:38 AM

Probably not by itself, but combine it with player compensation limit changes, and yes, it could be.

Preferred Walk-On
April 6th, 2021, 11:47 AM
I don't know if there is any rule, but really they need 16 teams, and I am pretty sure that there are more than 16 teams that believe they can/will still be in it, so they are not opting out.

BTW, I don't know how it would have been better to play in the fall. It likely would have been better to take the year, get vaccinated, and simply return to normalcy in the fall 2021. I know this is hindsight, but it is not that much hindsight. While vaccine delivery date was not clear this fall, it became clearer by winter, and even clearer by early spring. Heck, there was even talk late fall/early winter or moving the NCAA BB tournament back to May/June so all could get vaccinated and it go off without a hitch and with more fans (even if not capacity).

Schism55
April 6th, 2021, 11:48 AM
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1379464968395980805

Sigh

Professor Chaos
April 6th, 2021, 12:01 PM
I don't know if there is any rule, but really they need 16 teams, and I am pretty sure that there are more than 16 teams that believe they can/will still be in it, so they are not opting out.

BTW, I don't know how it would have been better to play in the fall. It likely would have been better to take the year, get vaccinated, and simply return to normalcy in the fall 2021. I know this is hindsight, but it is not that much hindsight. While vaccine delivery date was not clear this fall, it became clearer by winter, and even clearer by early spring. Heck, there was even talk late fall/early winter or moving the NCAA BB tournament back to May/June so all could get vaccinated and it go off without a hitch and with more fans (even if not capacity).
Oh there would've been all sorts of disruptions last fall. I wouldn't doubt if NDSU would've had to close up shop on the fall season by early November with the surge here. I still would've said that's better than the mess this spring has been with teams opting out and trying to play a season right in the middle of prime transfer recruiting season. Although I still say playing this spring is better than not playing at all but that's the fan in me talking.... I get the feeling if you could talk to most coaches and administrators for FCS schools they'd tell you his will never happen again, it'll either be a fall season or no season (maybe a couple inter-squad spring scrimmages tops like the Montana schools are doing). I think there have been some lessons learned and decisions would be made differently at numerous places if they could go back to last August.

As far as vaccines go I think there's a lot of people who should be getting vaccinated ahead of college football players who haven't had the chance yet and I don't think college football players should be any more obligated to get vaccinated than any other college age adult.

Preferred Walk-On
April 6th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Oh there would've been all sorts of disruptions last fall. I wouldn't doubt if NDSU would've had to close up shop on the fall season by early November with the surge here. I still would've said that's better than the mess this spring has been with teams opting out and trying to play a season right in the middle of prime transfer recruiting season. Although I still say playing this spring is better than not playing at all but that's the fan in me talking.... I get the feeling if you could talk to most coaches and administrators for FCS schools they'd tell you his will never happen again, it'll either be a fall season or no season (maybe a couple inter-squad spring scrimmages tops like the Montana schools are doing). I think there have been some lessons learned and decisions would be made differently at numerous places if they could go back to last August.
Agreed, and that in bold is the true hindsight by those that fancy themselves as being the ultimate planners and preparers for situations. I guess that knowledge and skillset is very limited...to the football field only?

As far as vaccines go I think there's a lot of people who should be getting vaccinated ahead of college football players who haven't had the chance yet and I don't think college football players should be any more obligated to get vaccinated than any other college age adult.
Agree with this as well, but we now have some states opening it up for everyone over 16, and a federal target that is earlier as well. Granted, this was not clear in the fall and even a bit murky this winter/spring (although it was pretty clear that everyone eligible would be vaccinated by mid/end of summer). I would be curious about the finances for programs with fall/spring football and few/no fans. Heck, I would be curious about the cost of bussing a team to Sioux Falls, overnight stay, few meals, then bussing them back to Fargo. Curious about testing costs for the season as well. Just cannot see how this endeavor was significantly better than no endeavor at all, with the ability to pick it up the next fall with a year of planning and mitigation under your belt.

ST_Lawson
April 6th, 2021, 04:07 PM
I would be curious about the finances for programs with fall/spring football and few/no fans.

Well, I believe our situation is something along these lines...

https://i.imgur.com/uiTajnJ.jpg

dewey
April 6th, 2021, 04:33 PM
This is also where I'm at. If the conference or subdivision as a whole wants to give the rest of the spring the axe I won't be disappointed. But as long as the rest of the MVFC is committed to playing out the regular season and the rest of the conferences are committed to the playoffs I don't want to see NDSU Spack out.

I 100% agree. I kind of hope this spring season just gets canceled but I think the NCAA would actually have to pay attention for that to happen.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
April 6th, 2021, 05:48 PM
is it really that much different than how coaches leave when offered jobs at bigger programs?

Yes, nobody goes or watches games to see the Coaches do they?

Preferred Walk-On
April 6th, 2021, 06:34 PM

WIU isn’t planning on using a shrink ray to steal the moon, are they?

Professor Chaos
April 6th, 2021, 06:42 PM
Have you heard of Jackson St???

JayJ79
April 6th, 2021, 06:50 PM
you're telling me that most people go to games to see individual players and not teams?
teams persist, even if some players transfer out.

The Yo Show
April 7th, 2021, 05:39 PM

It is just speculation that money is the reason for the rest of season cancel then since they are road games?

The Yo Show
April 7th, 2021, 05:48 PM
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1379464968395980805

Sigh

Imagine what this will be like if the NCAA approves the transfer without penalty rule this month! We are already seeing how that will be for FCS schools that are playing this spring, since this season doesn't count against eligibility.

ST_Lawson
April 7th, 2021, 07:41 PM
It is just speculation that money is the reason for the rest of season cancel then since they are road games?

No, actually I don't see how money could make much of a difference in the decision. We weren't allowing fans into the games anyway, just football family members...no tickets being sold, nobody extra coming to town to support the local economy besides a few football players parents.

skinny_uncle
April 7th, 2021, 08:36 PM
COACH NICK HILL STATEMENT ON CANCELLATION OF LAST TWO GAMES

I am deeply disappointed — disappointed for our players, our coaches, our fans and for our league. Ten conference schools stood together in January and made an "unwavering commitment" to each other to play a full spring schedule. Our last two opponents have now backed out of that pledge.

Here at SIU, our players and coaches remained committed to do the right thing the entire season. No excuses. We had a freak blizzard that kept us from practicing during the 10 days leading up to our season opener at North Dakota. When other teams opted out due to weather, WE PLAYED. We started the season 4-1 and ranked fifth in the country, then lost two starting quarterbacks and two starting defensive tackles. When other teams opted out due to injuries, WE PLAYED. Last Saturday at Missouri State, we were down to five defensive linemen and travelled 11 true freshmen. WE PLAYED. Not one time this season has our team complained or looked for an excuse. We've lost two games in a row, and the experts say we're out of the playoffs, and still not one person has questioned continuing to play. We practiced on Easter Sunday. We could have taken the easy way out. WE PLAYED.

When the selection committee looks at the resumes of the teams that are still competing this spring, they will see our Top 25 wins over SEMO, Northern Iowa and North Dakota State. More importantly, I hope they see that, regardless of the circumstances, THE SALUKIS PLAYED. I am incredibly proud of our football team.

Preferred Walk-On
April 7th, 2021, 10:53 PM
COACH NICK HILL STATEMENT ON CANCELLATION OF LAST TWO GAMES

I am deeply disappointed — disappointed for our players, our coaches, our fans and for our league. Ten conference schools stood together in January and made an "unwavering commitment" to each other to play a full spring schedule. Our last two opponents have now backed out of that pledge.

Here at SIU, our players and coaches remained committed to do the right thing the entire season. No excuses. We had a freak blizzard that kept us from practicing during the 10 days leading up to our season opener at North Dakota. When other teams opted out due to weather, WE PLAYED. We started the season 4-1 and ranked fifth in the country, then lost two starting quarterbacks and two starting defensive tackles. When other teams opted out due to injuries, WE PLAYED. Last Saturday at Missouri State, we were down to five defensive linemen and travelled 11 true freshmen. WE PLAYED. Not one time this season has our team complained or looked for an excuse. We've lost two games in a row, and the experts say we're out of the playoffs, and still not one person has questioned continuing to play. We practiced on Easter Sunday. We could have taken the easy way out. WE PLAYED.

When the selection committee looks at the resumes of the teams that are still competing this spring, they will see our Top 25 wins over SEMO, Northern Iowa and North Dakota State. More importantly, I hope they see that, regardless of the circumstances, THE SALUKIS PLAYED. I am incredibly proud of our football team.

I must be missing something here. Thank you coach for pointing out that you did not quit the season (positive points for that); however, the more I read this, the more it is actually exactly what the coach claims it is not...excuses for being on the outside looking in (with a biased plea to be considered anyway, simply because they played). Congratulations! Participation trophies will be mailed to you and the other 80+ teams that did not opt out, and unless there are only 16 teams left, even the non-experts suspect playoff selection for SIU is a tough row to hoe.

The coach's statement is a locker room speech, with the addition of a plea (in blue) to the committee to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." I have highlighted nearly half of the statement which shows this. Please tell me where I am wrong or what I am missing.

Isn't the first highlighted text excuse #1? Losing to UND.
Isn't the second highlighted text excuse #2? Curb-stomped by SDSU.
Isn't the third highlighted text excuse #3? Losing to MOST.

I know this seems negative, but it is a bit tiresome giving credit to a coach for "coach-speak". All of the above said, I think that SIU was actually good enough to be a playoff team, and I am sorry that bumps in the road may have taken them out of it. I am really hopeful that no excuse making will be necessary next fall. I appreciate the intensity, but it is actually time to stop praising the coach for this rah-rah stuff, in this non-expert's opinion. There are still a lot of other teams playing or ready to play, even given their difficult circumstances.

What I will give great kudos for is SIU and SLU scheduling a game where a win doesn't guarantee anything, but a loss almost certainly takes them out of the postseason. This is actually quite praiseworthy for the coaches, players, and administrators of both schools, and the focus should now be here.

skinny_uncle
April 8th, 2021, 09:24 AM
I must be missing something here. Thank you coach for pointing out that you did not quit the season (positive points for that); however, the more I read this, the more it is actually exactly what the coach claims it is not...excuses for being on the outside looking in (with a biased plea to be considered anyway, simply because they played). Congratulations! Participation trophies will be mailed to you and the other 80+ teams that did not opt out, and unless there are only 16 teams left, even the non-experts suspect playoff selection for SIU is a tough row to hoe.

The coach's statement is a locker room speech, with the addition of a plea (in blue) to the committee to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." I have highlighted nearly half of the statement which shows this. Please tell me where I am wrong or what I am missing.

Isn't the first highlighted text excuse #1? Losing to UND.
Isn't the second highlighted text excuse #2? Curb-stomped by SDSU.
Isn't the third highlighted text excuse #3? Losing to MOST.

I know this seems negative, but it is a bit tiresome giving credit to a coach for "coach-speak". All of the above said, I think that SIU was actually good enough to be a playoff team, and I am sorry that bumps in the road may have taken them out of it. I am really hopeful that no excuse making will be necessary next fall. I appreciate the intensity, but it is actually time to stop praising the coach for this rah-rah stuff, in this non-expert's opinion. There are still a lot of other teams playing or ready to play, even given their difficult circumstances.

What I will give great kudos for is SIU and SLU scheduling a game where a win doesn't guarantee anything, but a loss almost certainly takes them out of the postseason. This is actually quite praiseworthy for the coaches, players, and administrators of both schools, and the focus should now be here.
There are reasons things happen. Not quite the same thing as an excuse. It strikes me that he was unhappy with Ill State and WIU bailing out on their pledge to finish the season.

Preferred Walk-On
April 8th, 2021, 09:52 AM
There are reasons things happen. Not quite the same thing as an excuse. It strikes me that he was unhappy with Ill State and WIU bailing out on their pledge to finish the season.

Completely understand the unhappiness, as teams made a commitment at the beginning of the season. Just could have expressed it in a bit different way that was not as self-righteous and pandering. That is all.

I think a lot of teams could cue up "reasons" for things. I can tell you that NDSU may not win a championship this spring/fall, but I am not going to make any excuses for it, and I am hoping coaches and players will not either. They have the team they have, they play the games they play, and they have the circumstances they have. I wish SIU the best of luck, and if they do make the playoffs, I am hoping NDSU gets to play them (and I would have said that even if SIU was the same team that played NDSU earlier this season).

Preferred Walk-On
April 8th, 2021, 10:05 AM
Also, do not look up "reason" on thesaurus.com, and definitely do not click the tab that says "noun: explanation for an action". Finally, pay no attention to the third choice down, which is also color coded as "most relevant". ;)

skinny_uncle
April 8th, 2021, 11:38 PM
Completely understand the unhappiness, as teams made a commitment at the beginning of the season. Just could have expressed it in a bit different way that was not as self-righteous and pandering. That is all.

I think a lot of teams could cue up "reasons" for things. I can tell you that NDSU may not win a championship this spring/fall, but I am not going to make any excuses for it, and I am hoping coaches and players will not either. They have the team they have, they play the games they play, and they have the circumstances they have. I wish SIU the best of luck, and if they do make the playoffs, I am hoping NDSU gets to play them (and I would have said that even if SIU was the same team that played NDSU earlier this season).
It would definitely be a different team. The QB you faced had surgery on a broken foot and would not be available. I haven't seen anything on which of our defensive players might have healed up, but it was not good in our last games. When you lose your starting defensive tackles, it ain't good. I think we lost one of our second stringers, too. Williams has not been the same all season since having the bone spur surgery after the SEMO game last fall, even though he can still affect a game. We would still suit up and play. It is what we do.

Professor Chaos
April 9th, 2021, 07:36 AM
It would definitely be a different team. The QB you faced had surgery on a broken foot and would not be available. I haven't seen anything on which of our defensive players might have healed up, but it was not good in our last games. When you lose your starting defensive tackles, it ain't good. I think we lost one of our second stringers, too. Williams has not been the same all season since having the bone spur surgery after the SEMO game last fall, even though he can still affect a game. We would still suit up and play. It is what we do.
That QB (Baker) is a stud or at least he played like one against NDSU. The guy who runs NDSU's 247sports page does a film breakdown each game that I find pretty interesting. He's done a lot of these over the years (and does them for K-State and the Green Bay Packers as well) and said this was the best performance he's seen out of a current MVFC QB. Here's the excerpt from his article:

He put the ball exactly where it needed to be, often under duress from much, much bigger football players. Baker completed well over 70% of his passes and beat up the Bison with a yards-per-attempt of 11. I noted three or four extremely impressive tight-window throws. Honest, his game is the best single-game performance I've seen from any QB in the Valley and I've watched UND, USD, UNI, SDSU, Illinois State, and obviously these two teams play. There isn't a QB who has a better single game on his resume than this performance from Baker.

Professor Chaos
April 10th, 2021, 05:16 PM
Congrats to Missouri St... clinched at least a share of their first conference title in 30 years.

dewey
April 10th, 2021, 05:25 PM
Congrats to Missouri St... clinched at least a share of their first conference title in 30 years.

That is truly impressive.

Dewey

MSUDuo
April 10th, 2021, 05:33 PM

An absolutely surreal feeling and moment.

My Dad played there in the 70/80s, and I've been going to games since I was 7. Never thought I'd ever see this day finally arrive.

Hang that banner proudly!!!

Here come the Bears!

Schism55
Holy **** the refs in UNI game are freaking terrible....

POD Knows
Congrats to Missouri St... clinched at least a share of their first conference title in 30 years.This is BS, who did they beat, ****ing joke.

dewey
April 10th, 2021, 06:05 PM
This is BS, who did they beat, ****ing joke.

Missouri State won at Western Illinois, home vs South Dakota, at Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois.

Talk about a weak schedule.

No SDSU or GFCC.

Still they won the games on their schedule and share the conference title.

Dewey

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Missouri State won at Western Illinois, home vs South Dakota, at Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois.

Talk about a weak schedule.

No SDSU or GFCC.

Still they won the games on their schedule and share the conference title.

DeweyYea, I was being sarcastic, I know exactly who they play and didn't play. ****ing joke of a season.

Professor Chaos
April 10th, 2021, 06:10 PM
This is BS, who did they beat, ****ing joke.
Welcome to the world of unbalanced conference schedules. They missed SDSU and UND (along with Illinois St) this spring so they definitely had a fortuitous schedule but that's going to come more and more into play going forward with 11 teams in the conference.

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the world of unbalanced conference schedules. They missed SDSU and UND (along with Illinois St) this spring so they definitely had a fortuitous schedule but that's going to come more and more into play going forward with 11 teams in the conference.
They can shove their bogus conference championship up their loser asses. **** the Bears xlolx

Professor Chaos
April 10th, 2021, 06:48 PM
They can shove their bogus conference championship up their loser asses. **** the Bears xlolx
Meh... they beat who they lined up against. It wasn't their fault the UND game got cancelled. I'd say their fans deserve the chance to celebrate regardless of who was or wasn't on their schedule.

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 06:59 PM
Meh... they beat who they lined up against. It wasn't their fault the UND game got cancelled. I'd say their fans deserve the chance to celebrate regardless of who was or wasn't on their schedule.
NDSU goes for 2 for no ****ing reason, 23-12 instead of 24-12, UNI gets a TD ,and a 2 point conversion, 23-20, **** this, ****ing joke

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Just watch, that idiotic 2 point try is going to cost them the game.

dewey
April 10th, 2021, 07:10 PM
NDSU goes for 2 for no ****ing reason, 23-12 instead of 24-12, UNI gets a TD ,and a 2 point conversion, 23-20, **** this, ****ing joke

That was an incredibly stupid decision by Entz. Kick the 1 point and go up by 2 touchdowns.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
April 10th, 2021, 07:12 PM
That was an incredibly stupid decision by Entz. Kick the 1 point and go up by 2 touchdowns.

Dewey

Lloyd Christmas dumb

dewey
April 10th, 2021, 07:13 PM
Lloyd Christmas dumb

Absolutely! I hope a reporter asks coach Entz about that one.

Dewey

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 07:14 PM

Dewey
Beyond stupid, no logic whatsoever, I sometimes wonder about these guys.

Professor Chaos
April 10th, 2021, 07:23 PM
Only logic is you can give up two TDs and still be tied if one of the XPs is missed/botched. But with 6 minutes to go that pales in comparison to going up two TDs rather than a TD and a FG... dumb decision by Entz.

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Only logic is you can give up two TDs and still be tied if one of the XPs is missed/botched. But with 6 minutes to go that's pales in comparison to going up two TDs rather than a TD and a FG... dumb decision by Entz.Nope, no logic, XP are assumed as good, honestly, I don't think they knew what the score was, there is no rational explanation outside of that for going for 2 in that situation, none. They need to answer for it.

Bisonoline
April 10th, 2021, 07:42 PM

Thats why they are still in FCS. They do stupid ****.

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 07:51 PM
Thats why they are still in FCS. They do stupid ****.I don't know, Peter Carroll had his offense throw an inside route to a receiver at the one yard line that got picked in a Super Bowl with Marshawn Lynch on their offense.

JayJ79
April 10th, 2021, 07:53 PM
So Missouri State has more MVFC championships in the past 9 seasons than UNI (and SIU, USD, INS, YSU, WIU) has in that span.

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 08:01 PM
So Missouri State has more MVFC championships in the past 9 seasons than UNI (and SIU, USD, INS, YSU, WIU) has in that span.Wait a minute, if NDSU wins next week against SDSU and finishes at 6-1 in the conference, they share the title with 5-1 Mo State, who NDSU beat. Is that what I am hearing, if so, somebody needs to spread some Covid around the NDSU locker room so they can share the title without playing and get a freaking rest before the playoffs. What am I missing here.

MSUDuo
April 10th, 2021, 08:02 PM
Absolutely love it. You guys are awesome 🤣

Schism55
April 10th, 2021, 08:06 PM

Only possible explanation is long snapper got hurt... is it possible he got hurt on that botched short FG prior to this??

JayJ79
April 10th, 2021, 08:24 PM
Wait a minute, if NDSU wins next week against SDSU and finishes at 6-1 in the conference, they share the title with 5-1 Mo State, who NDSU beat. Is that what I am hearing, if so, somebody needs to spread some Covid around the NDSU locker room so they can share the title without playing and get a freaking rest before the playoffs. What am I missing here.
In a normal year, where games aren't canceled, teams that tie for the best conference record are considered co-champions of the conference, and factors such as head-to-head result (or results against common opponents, etc. iff the teams didn't play each other) are only used as the tiebreak to determine the AQ for the playoffs.
My guess is that this year, for teams that played above a certain minimum amount of their scheduled games (i.e. not either of the ISUs or WIU), then the teams that have the least number of conference losses (in this case, 1 loss) are considered co-champs, even if the number of wins are different.

Personally, I think that games that were cancelled due to covid protocols for one of the teams should be considered a forfeit by that team (and I also think that MSU cancelling their home game against ILS should be a forfeit for the Bears), but that's not the policy that the conference went with.

It would be interesting to put together a conference standings using those rules (and counting the remaining games that ILS and WIU were scheduled to play after they quit their seasons to be forfeits by those teams as well) to see what the standings would look like. If a game was cancelled due to BOTH teams having covid issues (or both teams having quit the season), then they would remain as "no contest" instead of forfeits

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 08:36 PM
In a normal year, where games aren't canceled, teams that tie for the best conference record are considered co-champions of the conference, and factors such as head-to-head result (or results against common opponents, etc. iff the teams didn't play each other) are only used as the tiebreak to determine the AQ for the playoffs.
My guess is that this year, for teams that played above a certain minimum amount of their scheduled games (i.e. not either of the ISUs or WIU), then the teams that have the least number of conference losses (in this case, 1 loss) are considered co-champs, even if the number of wins are different.

Personally, I think that games that were cancelled due to covid protocols for one of the teams should be considered a forfeit by that team (and I also think that MSU cancelling their home game against ILS should be a forfeit for the Bears), but that's not the policy that the conference went with.

It would be interesting to put together a conference standings using those rules (and counting the remaining games that ILS and WIU were scheduled to play after they quit their seasons to be forfeits by those teams as well) to see what the standings would look like. If a game was cancelled due to BOTH teams having covid issues (or both teams having quit the season), then they would remain as "no contest" instead of forfeitsOk, using that logic, a team that is 6-1 would be tied with a team that is 3-1 at the end of season, is that how this would work. I call Bull****. This might be the way it works out but NDSU and SDSU should just take a walk on the game next week, nothing to play for, get a bye week and move on to the playoffs.

MSUDuo
April 10th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Ok, using that logic, a team that is 6-1 would be tied with a team that is 3-1 at the end of season, is that how this would work. I call Bull****. This might be the way it works out but NDSU and SDSU should just take a walk on the game next week, nothing to play for, get a bye week and move on to the playoffs.

So you want to perpetrate the same scenario you're supposedly against that got us to this situation in the first place? Makes sense.

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 08:58 PM
So you want to perpetrate the same scenario you're supposedly against that got us to this situation in the first place? Makes sense.What doesn't make sense is a a team finishing at 5-1 being tied with a team that is 6-1 or a team that is 4-1 being tied with a team that is 5-1 or a team that is 4-1 being tied with a team that is is 6-1. You guys cancelled your home game, that is on you, it should be a forfeit. You could have played that game. This entire season is a joke on its face. It will be moot anyway when NDSU loses to SDSU next weekend

MSUDuo
April 10th, 2021, 09:04 PM
What doesn't make sense is a a team finishing at 5-1 being tied with a team that is 6-1 or a team that is 4-1 being tied with a team that is 5-1 or a team that is 4-1 being tied with a team that is is 6-1. You guys cancelled your home game, that is on you, it should be a forfeit. You could have played that game. This entire season is a joke on its face. It will be moot anyway when NDSU loses to SDSU next weekend

Cancelled must mean something different in ND...

JayJ79
April 10th, 2021, 09:20 PM
You guys cancelled your home game, that is on you, it should be a forfeit. You could have played that game.
according to the MVFC schedule, that game was postponed to 4/17, but then cancelled when ISU wimped out.
I would consider that one to be a "no contest" given that both teams were lame, and neither one deserves a W.
I suppose you could give MSU a loss for that, but then you'd have to give NDSU a loss for postponing the Marker game due to positive covid tests on the Bison team/staff during the week the game was originally scheduled.

POD Knows
April 10th, 2021, 09:30 PM
according to the MVFC schedule, that game was postponed to 4/17, but then cancelled when ISU wimped out.
I would consider that one to be a "no contest" given that both teams were lame, and neither one deserves a W.
I suppose you could give MSU a loss for that, but then you'd have to give NDSU a loss for postponing the Marker game due to positive covid tests on the Bison team/staff during the week the game was originally scheduled.Yea, that postponement at Springfield was weak. Still, 5-1 is not 6-1, I don't care how you do the math, should a 4-1 team be tied with a 6-1 team, if YSU bows out next weekend, that is what you get with UND. MVFC will probably get 4 in the tournament unless UND losses to YSU next week, then they don't deserve to be in. It is a cluster ****.

MSUDuo
April 10th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Yea, that postponement at Springfield was weak. Still, 5-1 is not 6-1, I don't care how you do the math, should a 4-1 team be tied with a 6-1 team, if YSU bows out next weekend, that is what you get with UND. MVFC will probably get 4 in the tournament unless UND losses to YSU next week, then they don't deserve to be in. It is a cluster ****.

Barring a miracle, I don't think MO State will be in the playoffs.

I would be glad to be wrong though!

dewey
April 10th, 2021, 09:42 PM
Thats why they are still in FCS. They do stupid ****.

100% agree!

Dewey

JayJ79
April 10th, 2021, 09:43 PM
This would be the standings as I see them, if forfeits were properly credited:

MSU 6-1 (ILS/MSU no contest, forfeit by UND)
SDSU 6-1 (forfeit by ILS and USD)
NDSU 5-2 (forfeit to USD)
UND 4-2 (forfeit to MSU, UND/ILS no contest w/ UND having covid issues and ILS quitting)
SIU 5-3 (forfeit by ILS and WIU)
UNI 4-4 (forfeit by USD)
USD 2-5 (forfeit by NDSU, forfeit to UNI and SDSU, no contest WIU)
ILS 1-5 (forfeit to SDSU and SIU; no contest MSU, UND)
WIU 1-6 (forfeit to SIU, no contest USD)
YSU 1-6

MSUDuo
April 10th, 2021, 10:03 PM
This would be the standings as I see them, if forfeits were properly credited:

MSU 6-1 (ILS/MSU no contest, forfeit by UND)
SDSU 6-1 (forfeit by ILS and USD)
NDSU 5-2 (forfeit to USD)
UND 4-2 (forfeit to MSU, UND/ILS no contest w/ UND having covid issues and ILS quitting)
SIU 5-3 (forfeit by ILS and WIU)
UNI 4-4 (forfeit by USD)
USD 2-5 (forfeit by NDSU, forfeit to UNI and SDSU, no contest WIU)
ILS 1-5 (forfeit to SDSU and SIU; no contest MSU, UND)
WIU 1-6 (forfeit to SIU, no contest USD)
YSU 1-6

Kinda hard to give a forfeit to a game that was RESCHEDULED.

We're acting like it was solely MO State's decision. If you think the Valley bowed to a 30 year doormat, then by all means.

I also don't understand the forfeits due to Covid. Not at all within a team's control.

So about all you can do, is what they did.

Until we're past all this, meaning Covid, we're going to have these same issues this fall.

JayJ79
April 10th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Kinda hard to give a forfeit to a game that was RESCHEDULED.

We're acting like it was solely MO State's decision. If you think the Valley bowed to a 30 year doormat, then by all means.
which game did I give a forfeit to that was rescheduled?
I put ILS@MSU as a "no contest". MSU doesn't get credit for a W because they postponed the initially scheduled game, and ILS doesn't get credit for a W because they quit the season prior to the rescheduled game.

Professor Chaos
April 10th, 2021, 10:53 PM
There might be a new MVFC rivalry brewing....

https://twitter.com/WyattWheeler_NL/status/1380949398738235394

Bearvision
April 10th, 2021, 11:09 PM
The way the champion was decided was announced and explained prior to the spring season began.

Those whining about it are doing so with the understanding of how the champion of league play was to be decided before the season began.

Enjoy your co-championship, Bison, win next week and you earned it.

Lorne_Malvo
April 10th, 2021, 11:22 PM
Enjoy your co-championship, Bison, win next week and you earned it.

That will make one of us that earned it. 25-0 sound familiar?

POD Knows
April 11th, 2021, 08:21 AM
The way the champion was decided was announced and explained prior to the spring season began.

Those whining about it are doing so with the understanding of how the champion of league play was to be decided before the season began.

Enjoy your co-championship, Bison, win next week and you earned it.I didn't get the memo on this so just to be clear, if NDSU wins next weekend and finishes at 6-1 and the UND YSU game gets cancelled and they finish at 4-1, there will be tri champions with NDSU at 6-1, MSU 5-1 and UND 4-1, both of whom got curb stomped by NDSU. Is this correct???

Professor Chaos
April 11th, 2021, 09:27 AM
I'd like to give a tip 'o the cap to Mark Farley and UNI for finishing the spring season. They were playing a converted o-lineman on the d-line at times yesterday and played a lot of 3-4 instead of their normal 4-3 due to the lack of numbers on the d-line. They didn't make excuses like a certain you-know-who and close up a weird and taxing spring season early even though they were basically playing for nothing but pride. I have no love lost for Farley and UNI but it was a high integrity move from a program that is a big reason why the MVFC is the toughest FCS conference in the nation.

https://media.tenor.com/images/0f76a56cd1de4344a097dcd2331b1727/tenor.gif

BNATION
April 11th, 2021, 09:35 AM
I'd like to give a tip 'o the hat to Mark Farley and UNI for finishing the spring season. They were playing a converted o-lineman on the d-line at times yesterday and played a lot of 3-4 instead of their normal 4-3 due to the lack of numbers on the d-line. They didn't make excuses like a certain you-know-who and close up a weird and taxing spring season early even though they were basically playing for nothing but pride. I have no love lost for Farley and UNI but it was a high integrity move from a program that is a big reason why the MVFC is the toughest FCS
conference in the nation.

https://media.tenor.com/images/0f76a56cd1de4344a097dcd2331b1727/tenor.gif
I agree, but question. Is this years NDSU suspect? UNI has been a average team at best this year and looked pretty poor against some average competition. What does this spell for the MVFC this year come playoff time?

Professor Chaos
April 11th, 2021, 09:45 AM
I agree, but question. Is this years NDSU suspect? UNI has been a average team at best this year and looked pretty poor against some average competition. What does this spell for the MVFC this year come playoff time?
I think any honest Bison fan could've told you this year's NDSU team is suspect before the game yesterday. I don't think it's a stretch at all to say they lost the most underclassmen talent of anyone from the end of the 2019 season (losing 3 consensus All-Americans in QB Trey Lance, OT Dillon Radunz, and LB Jabril Cox who all opted out or transferred) so they're a shell of the team they finished 2019 as coupling that with their "normal" losses. They just lost their best CB and senior captain Josh Hayes last week to the transfer portal last week as well which makes them vulnerable on the back-end of the defense since they don't have a lot of depth at CB.

That said they've still got a lot of talent but it's young (only 8 seniors now on the two deep and two are a punter and long snapper). The biggest difference is they're missing the playmaking QB they've been able to rely on for the last 10 years. Noland is ok but he's not going to win games for you. I still think they have a chance to win a championship with Noland but they're going to need a lot more luck than they have in the past to do it. A lot of other Bison fans would probably disagree that this year's NDSU team is championship caliber but we're used to a crazy high standard of play from past championship teams and this spring's team just doesn't have that.

ysubigred
April 11th, 2021, 09:47 AM
I agree, but question. Is this years NDSU suspect? UNI has been a average team at best this year and looked pretty poor against some average competition. What does this spell for the MVFC this year come playoff time?IDK? Maybe UNI would beat most other top teams in other conferences?

Professor Chaos
April 11th, 2021, 09:53 AM
IDK? Maybe UNI would beat most other top teams in other conferences?

Some truth to this also. UNI always plays NDSU tough. The final scores over the last few years haven't really been indicative of how close their matchups were those years. In 2013 a UNI team that missed the playoffs had maybe the best NDSU team ever on the ropes and were the only team (outside of K-State) to get within 13 points of that 2013 Bison squad. In 2014 they snapped NDSU's 30+ game win in the UNI-Dome. In 2015, there were 4 leads changes in the 4th quarter with Carson Wentz leading a crazy comeback drive late to snatch away a win. They met again in the 2015 playoffs and were the only team to challenge NDSU in that playoff run.

Still... all that aside this year's NDSU team is a notch or two below all those previous teams and it's likely UNI is also.

caribbeanhen
April 11th, 2021, 09:58 AM

I can agree with this, that's why next weeks game with SELA is a game FCS needs more of...

TheKingpin28
April 11th, 2021, 10:39 AM
I think any honest Bison fan could've told you this year's NDSU team is suspect before the game yesterday. I don't think it's a stretch at all to say they lost the most underclassmen talent of anyone from the end of the 2019 season (losing 3 consensus All-Americans in QB Trey Lance, OT Dillon Radunz, and LB Jabril Cox who all opted out or transferred) so they're a shell of the team they finished 2019 as coupling that with their "normal" losses. They just lost their best CB and senior captain Josh Hayes last week to the transfer portal last week as well which makes them vulnerable on the back-end of the defense since they don't have a lot of depth at CB.

That said they've still got a lot of talent but it's young (only 8 seniors now on the two deep and two are a punter and long snapper). The biggest difference is they're missing the playmaking QB they've been able to rely on for the last 10 years. Noland is ok but he's not going to win games for you. I still think they have a chance to win a championship with Noland but they're going to need a lot more luck than they have in the past to do it. A lot of other Bison fans would probably disagree that this year's NDSU team is championship caliber but we're used to a crazy high standard of play from past championship teams and this spring's team just doesn't have that.NDSU goes nowhere with Zeb. If they want to give a chance for the future, Miller should be starting since if he cannot hack it, Payton and Patterson are waiting for next fall to give it their shot at winning the job.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

BNATION
April 11th, 2021, 01:23 PM

That said they've still got a lot of talent but it's young (only 8 seniors now on the two deep and two are a punter and long snapper). The biggest difference is they're missing the playmaking QB they've been able to rely on for the last 10 years. Noland is ok but he's not going to win games for you. I still think they have a chance to win a championship with Noland but they're going to need a lot more luck than they have in the past to do it. A lot of other Bison fans would probably disagree that this year's NDSU team is championship caliber but we're used to a crazy high standard of play from past championship teams and this spring's team just doesn't have that.
Totally agree. Great thing about our league is we get a playoff to figure it out!

- - - Updated - - -

could be.

Bisonator
April 12th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Well duh haven't you been watching the games? We got curb stomped by ****ing Southern Illinois! I'd say the MVFC is about as average this spring as every other conference from what I've seen. A couple teams are playing like it's any other season but most seem to be using it like spring practice. And then of course you have cancellations and postpones and teams with 2, 3 4 weeks between games it's become a complete fluster cluck! So who the hell knows what the playoffs hold. Will there be any covid issues that cost teams the PO's? Very possible. I just hope like hell this doesn't effect our regular fall.

BNATION
April 12th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Well duh haven't you been watching the games? We got curb stomped by ****ing Southern Illinois! I'd say the MVFC is about as average this spring as every other conference from what I've seen. A couple teams are playing like it's any other season but most seem to be using it like spring practice. And then of course you have cancellations and postpones and teams with 2, 3 4 weeks between games it's become a complete fluster cluck! So who the hell knows what the playoffs hold. Will there be any covid issues that cost teams the PO's? Very possible. I just hope like hell this doesn't effect our regular fall.
No doubt, I'm a huge fan of SIU, and SELA having the gumption to play, and taking their season into their own hands. Hope its a great game.

MVFCBeat
April 12th, 2021, 06:09 PM
My power rankings for the MVFC with one week to go. Have a great final week everyone. My Panthers are mercifully done.

https://www.missourivalleybeat.com/post/mvfc-football-week-9-power-rankings

Schism55
April 15th, 2021, 02:04 PM
https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/status/1382757245411340288

grayghost06
April 15th, 2021, 02:24 PM

Guessing what was NOT said, is that BOTH schools were looking for a HOME game. Clearly stated that was what SIU wanted. Since JMU hadn't played at home since February, they probably wanted one too.

Lorne_Malvo
April 15th, 2021, 02:42 PM
So JMU was ducking SIU. How expected.

Lorne_Malvo
April 15th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Guessing what was NOT said, is that BOTH schools were looking for a HOME game. Clearly stated that was what SIU wanted. Since JMU hadn't played at home since February, they probably wanted one too.

"guessing". What if I told you that your are incorrect?

katss07
April 15th, 2021, 03:12 PM
Straight ducking the Salukis... sounds like JMU was worried about what would happen if SIU played then? Twice?

If Richmond puts a beat down on em Madison better not be in the playoffs. They're infinitely less scary after hearing this.

Schism55
April 15th, 2021, 03:15 PM
https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/status/1382787512222023680

grayghost06
April 15th, 2021, 03:30 PM

A) Is as if you read nothing of what I posted
B) Unless you are a household member of the SIU or JMU AD, you really don't know beans.

Lorne_Malvo
April 15th, 2021, 03:33 PM
A) Is as if you read nothing of what I posted
B) Unless you are a household member of the SIU or JMU AD, you really don't know beans.

I know about as much factual info as you do regarding this.
Did you read your ADs statement? I did.
Now McFeely says your AD backtracked and changed his statement.
Chicken**** move JMU.

SDFS
April 15th, 2021, 06:13 PM

Nothing overblown by this... I completely agree with the SIU AD.

grayghost06
April 15th, 2021, 08:59 PM

I know about as much factual info as you do regarding this.
Did you read your ADs statement? I did.
Now McFeely says your AD backtracked and changed his statement.
Chicken**** move JMU.

You're an idiot. I cannot emphasize enough the disparity between the great Bizon fans I've met in person in Frisco and the utter crap posts like yours on this board. You have zero idea on our University mandated Covid protocols. Further, you have zero idea on Conference mandated protocols that effect out of state travel. Beyond that, you have zero idea of the financials that go into this decision, including the lessening of attendance restrictions . You utterly ignored the absolute fact that SIU wanted ONLY a home game. Just admit it....you're a moron AND a BLOWHARD. Try to do better...

Lorne_Malvo
April 15th, 2021, 11:06 PM
You utterly ignored the absolute fact that SIU wanted ONLY a home game. Just admit it....you're a moron AND a BLOWHARD. Try to do better...

I removed most of the stupidity in the quote. SIU would have played JMU at JMU that is a fact.
You keep ignoring facts again.

Houndawg
April 15th, 2021, 11:29 PM
I removed most of the stupidity in the quote. SIU would have played JMU at JMU that is a fact.
You keep ignoring facts again.

Nick Hill obviously knows more than us but I don't know why he wants to keep playing with the injury situation what it is - he ​must have something up his sleeve

MVFCBeat
April 19th, 2021, 04:23 PM
My final MVFC power rankings in advance of the playoffs:

https://www.missourivalleybeat.com/post/week-9-mvfc-power-rankings

F'N Hawks
April 19th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Nick Hill obviously knows more than us but I don't know why he wants to keep playing with the injury situation what it is - he ​must have something up his sleeve

He wants to keep his job by saying he qualified for the playoffs.

Houndawg
April 19th, 2021, 09:22 PM
He wants to keep his job by saying he qualified for the playoffs.

He's raised the level of play from the Lennon era and SIU is in no position to fire him anyway

skinny_uncle
April 19th, 2021, 11:46 PM
Javon Williams is finally starting to look healthy. He can be a game changer.

Houndawg
April 20th, 2021, 06:34 AM
Javon Williams is finally starting to look healthy. He can be a game changer.

On the radio the announcers were talking about him moving the pile seven yards after contact

ST_Lawson
April 20th, 2021, 11:14 AM
May be old news, but I hadn't seen it anywhere:

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/youngstown-state-failed-monitor-its-football-program

Professor Chaos
April 20th, 2021, 11:29 AM

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/youngstown-state-failed-monitor-its-football-program
Wow.... Bo's legacy will live on for a bit longer in Youngstown I guess.

Libertine
April 20th, 2021, 12:56 PM
It sounds like YSU's NCAA compliance department was either inept, incompetent or scared to confront Bo and he appears to have been more than happy to run with that. Every NCAA coach in America -- from GA's to top dogs -- knows about the recruiting certification test, that it has to be taken every year and that you risk significant penalties if you try to recruit without passing it. It's annoying to have to do it but it is the requirement, it takes less than an hour, it's fairly easy and it's open-book (!!!) so there's no acceptable excuse for not being able to get it done. That YSU sent a perfunctory reminder email but never sent anyone to chase those guys down is also a problem and tells me that the issues probably didn't go away when Bo left for LSU.

caribbeanhen
April 20th, 2021, 03:57 PM
On the radio the announcers were talking about him moving the pile seven yards after contact

Maybe it’s just me but it seems like there’s more of that rugby style pushing the runner ahead going on now more than ever, Maybe not with your running back in that last game but in general

Paladin1aa
April 20th, 2021, 06:48 PM

oh, the boys in Ytown are upset. But for the life of me I don’t know why. YSU has a total incompetent as AD who doesn’t hire good coaches , fails to fire bad ones giving up unwarranted extensions and fires guys he should keep. Add in killing all the money sports, scheduling poor games, ducking competition and now loss of institutional control. It’s a trifecta !

Bozo was a bad bet from the beginning, but no one had oversite of the program. Wonder why ? Well, for one, a major one, outsiders need not apply. The dept is all local. AD from Austintown, Head Football coaches all came from the Valley ( since after Tressel who was from the west suburbs of Cleveland) as Heacock was from Beloit, Wolford was from Brookfield ( and played at Youngstown Ursuline) and Pelini was a Youngstown Cardinal Mooney guy. New coach Phillips is from New Middletown, all in the Mahoning Valley. And for good measure, they are all pressured to recruit local kids, who aren’t very good , a formula that’s failing and will continue to do so. Bozo told everyone he had the answers and people let him go. I’ve been waiting for this to hit because he ram rodded his way over everyone.

Its a good ole boys club. They think they are better and smarter than the rest, Hence , the NCAA violations are no surprise. They have been running a leper program for years. It’s all caught up with them. Would you think they should fire an incompetent AD ? Odds are he gets a raise for keeping it all local.

Houndawg
April 21st, 2021, 03:30 PM
Maybe it’s just me but it seems like there’s more of that rugby style pushing the runner ahead going on now more than ever, Maybe not with your running back in that last game but in general

Yep, and you see more linemen coming in and trying knock defenders off the pile too.

F'N Hawks
April 21st, 2021, 08:26 PM
He's raised the level of play from the Lennon era and SIU is in no position to fire him anyway

That's an interesting way to look at it.

Houndawg
April 21st, 2021, 09:25 PM

Baby steps, the athletes are looking more like the ones from the Kill era now, at least at the skil positions

ST_Lawson
April 21st, 2021, 09:37 PM

They beat NDSU and made the playoffs. Doesn't matter what kind of crazy season this was...those two things alone would pretty much disabuse any notion of letting him go this year.

skinny_uncle
April 21st, 2021, 11:29 PM
Baby steps, the athletes are looking more like the ones from the Kill era now, at least at the skil positions
Kill would have loved Javon Williams.

F'N Hawks
April 22nd, 2021, 11:35 AM

You realize these are all his players, right? I would hope they look better.
Baby Kliff is 22-31 in five seasons as the head coach.

Houndawg
April 23rd, 2021, 07:26 AM
You realize these are all his players, right? I would hope they look better.
Baby Kliff is 22-31 in five seasons as the head coach.

wut?

JayJ79
April 24th, 2021, 06:43 PM
MVFC was 3-0 in playoff games against non-MVFC opponents today (4-1 counting the MVFC vs. MVFC game).
not too shabby.

Schism55
April 24th, 2021, 06:49 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1386093074393223174

Timing of this....

Professor Chaos
April 24th, 2021, 07:47 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1386093074393223174

Timing of this....
Gotta tip your hat to Zeb, from all accounts he's a fantastic teammate and a fine young man. Saw him chatting up Cam Miller and encouraging him from the sideline all day today. He just wasn't the right guy for NDSU right now but glad he chose to be a Bison regardless and he should walk away with his head held high when this season is over even if it didn't go personally for him the way he'd hoped.

TheKingpin28
April 24th, 2021, 08:46 PM
Gotta tip your hat to Zeb, from all accounts he's a fantastic teammate and a fine young man. Saw him chatting up Cam Miller and encouraging him from the sideline all day today. He just wasn't the right guy for NDSU right now but glad he chose to be a Bison regardless and he should walk away with his head held high when this season is over even if it didn't go personally for him the way he'd hoped.Reminds me of Cole Davis. Never complained that things didn't go his way and stuck with it. People like that always seem to land on their feet. If that P5 thing is true, (maybe Iowa State or a Georgia school) wish him the best of luck.

Gil Dobie
April 26th, 2021, 09:50 AM
Reminds me of Cole Davis. Never complained that things didn't go his way and stuck with it. People like that always seem to land on their feet. If that P5 thing is true, (maybe Iowa State or a Georgia school) wish him the best of luck.

Someone mentioned South Carolina on Twitter.

Libertine
April 26th, 2021, 03:18 PM
UNI has extended Mark Farley (https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/northern-iowa/uni-panthers/2021/04/26/uni-football-panthers-coach-mark-farley-receives-contract-extension-through-2026-ncaa-football-fcs/7382913002/) through 2026. I'm sure mixed feelings abound for UNI fans on here.

Northern Iowa football coach Mark Farley has received a five-year contract extension that will keep him under contract through the 2026 season. Athletics director David Harris announced the move Monday morning.

"For two decades, coach Farley has led this team to unprecedented heights, built a consistent winner on the field and helped mold leaders in our community," Harris said in a release. "We are grateful for his leadership and look forward to working with him to meet the lofty expectations for our football program.

"However, during this time of financial challenges, we are equally grateful for his willingness to restructure his contract to put our department in a more sustainable position as we deal with the fiscal impact of the pandemic."

POD Knows
April 26th, 2021, 03:23 PM
UNI has extended Mark Farley (https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/northern-iowa/uni-panthers/2021/04/26/uni-football-panthers-coach-mark-farley-receives-contract-extension-through-2026-ncaa-football-fcs/7382913002/) through 2026. I'm sure mixed feelings abound for UNI fans on here."Unprecedented heights", LMFAO

Daytripper
April 26th, 2021, 03:59 PM
UNI has extended Mark Farley (https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/northern-iowa/uni-panthers/2021/04/26/uni-football-panthers-coach-mark-farley-receives-contract-extension-through-2026-ncaa-football-fcs/7382913002/) through 2026. I'm sure mixed feelings abound for UNI fans on here.

Guess they were worried that a G5 FBS program might have a boner for him.

SDFS
April 26th, 2021, 07:26 PM

Sounds like he took a pay cut.

Libertine
April 26th, 2021, 10:23 PM

That it does. This reads like they're PR-spinning cutting his pay and possibly renegotiating his buyout.

TheKingpin28
April 27th, 2021, 08:57 AM
Someone mentioned South Carolina on Twitter.

Wish him the best in that endeavor.

BNATION
April 27th, 2021, 09:24 AM
He was pulling in $338k, wonder where he landed and if it is more incentive based?

caribbeanhen
April 27th, 2021, 09:35 AM
Is it fake news or old news that South Dakota state will not be hosting the semifinal game if they win ?

Professor Chaos
April 27th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Is it fake news or old news that South Dakota state will not be hosting the semifinal game if they win ?
First I've heard that... where did you hear it from?

Chalupa Batman
April 27th, 2021, 01:28 PM

First I've heard that... where did you hear it from?

He's referring to this post on gohens I believe.

I heard a rumor from a source that I respect that #1 Seed South Dakota State U. (if they should win their first two playoff games) may be unable to host a semi-final game on Sat, May 8. The reason(s) were not identified. I can only theorize that one possible reason is that SDSU conducts their graduation ceremonies that day. If the rumor is true and if UD wins its first two playoff games, UD would presumably host a semi-final game vs. SDSU or whoever knocks SDSU out in games one or two.

Nobody on the SDSU board has heard any rumors about this, I would hope SDSU would put out some kind of information if it was true. If he's right and SDSU can't host the semifinal game, I doubt the game would be played at Delaware (or JSU) and think it would instead be played at the host site closest to Brookings which would be Fargo.

If the Jacks did have to play the semis in Fargo, I wonder how many Bison fans would buy a ticket to that game, and what the breakdown would be of those fans cheering for and against them. That would be just their luck though, play on the road against a hostile crowd to go to Frisco while being the #1 seed. I guess if they did play that game in Fargo it might boost their attendance figures! xlolx

Professor Chaos
April 27th, 2021, 02:12 PM

Nobody on the SDSU board has heard any rumors about this, I would hope SDSU would put out some kind of information if it was true. If he's right and SDSU can't host the semifinal game, I doubt the game would be played at Delaware (or JSU) and think it would instead be played at the host site closest to Brookings which would be Fargo.

If the Jacks did have to play the semis in Fargo, I wonder how many Bison fans would buy a ticket to that game, and what the breakdown would be of those fans cheering for and against them. That would be just their luck though, play on the road against a hostile crowd to go to Frisco while being the #1 seed. I guess if they did play that game in Fargo it might boost their attendance figures! xlolx
Interesting... looks like with COVID they're wanting to have commencement outdoors so Dykhouse Stadium is the obvious venue even though they don't say for sure (https://www.sdstate.edu/graduation/info-friends-and-family). They probably won't have any wiggle room when it comes to kickoff time either in the semis since it'll be in a national TV slot.

That would be the irony or ironies if they still end up having to play in Fargo for the semis despite being the #1 seed.... and what if NDSU and UND both win as well??? Fargodome semifinal double header??? Jacks game in Grand Forks??? NDSU/UND in Grand Forks for the first time in nearly 20 years with a trip to Frisco on the line???

caribbeanhen
April 27th, 2021, 02:28 PM

Nope, I had not seen the Gohens post therefore was not referring to that .....

The Jacks would be coming to Delaware would they not.... assuming The Hens can get by Jacksonville State of course

Evolution Prime
April 27th, 2021, 02:54 PM

I have heard this rumor. It would be the end of President Dunn's time at SDSU as it would anger high up donors to the school should he move forward with that idea.

I have also heard that graduation tickets aren't being emailed until May 3rd should a football game conflict with graduation ceremonies.

caribbeanhen
April 27th, 2021, 03:24 PM
I have heard this rumor. It would be the end of President Dunn's time at SDSU as it would anger high up donors to the school should he move forward with that idea.

I have also heard that graduation tickets aren't being emailed until May 3rd should a football game conflict with graduation ceremonies.

Yea, if That rumor were true the pitchforks should be out in Brookings

Chalupa Batman
April 27th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Nope, I had not seen the Gohens post therefore was not referring to that .....

The Jacks would be coming to Delaware would they not.... assuming The Hens can get by Jacksonville State of course

I would think since the Jacks are the home team they would be playing at the nearest site available to them. If Brookings isn’t available that means Fargo, or if like PC mentioned NDSU is also hosting then it would be Grand Forks.

Gil Dobie
April 27th, 2021, 03:39 PM
If they can play the quarters on a Sunday, why not the Semi-finals, to work-around the graduation?

Professor Chaos
April 27th, 2021, 03:47 PM
If they can play the quarters on a Sunday, why not the Semi-finals, to work-around the graduation?
National TV spots are already set. I know in fall 2019 Montana St moved their quarterfinal from a Saturday to a Friday night to avoid conflicts with commencement but that wasn't a national game.

IIRC back in 2012 when NDSU hosted their first Friday night semifinal there was some frustration from Gene Taylor and the NDSU admin about ESPN insisting that the NDSU/GSU game be on Friday night instead of taking Taylor's preferred time slot on Saturday to avid a conflict with commencement. I get the feeling ESPN doesn't care enough about commencement ceremonies to alter their broadcast schedule for them and the NCAA is just happy to have a national TV spot so they don't put up much/any resistance.

Chalupa Batman
April 27th, 2021, 03:49 PM

They're spreading graduation out over both days and breaking up in to 4 commencements for different departments. Each day there is a 10am and 4pm ceremony.

https://www.sdstate.edu/graduation/info-friends-and-family

I wonder if the high school stadium could handle the ceremonies. Maybe Saturdays commencements can be moved there??

Professor Chaos
April 27th, 2021, 03:51 PM
They're spreading graduation out over both days and breaking up in to 4 commencements for different departments. Each day there is a 10am and 4pm ceremony.

I wonder if the high school stadium could handle the ceremonies. Maybe Saturdays commencements can be moved there??
Pretty sure the only high school in Brookings also plays their games at Dykhouse Stadium.

Gil Dobie
April 27th, 2021, 03:56 PM

Well, then how about Friday night football? I'm sure the players that are graduating, would like to be at the ceremony.

Chalupa Batman
April 27th, 2021, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure the only high school in Brookings also plays their games at Dykhouse Stadium.

It looks like you're right. The high school still has a field though, so maybe it could still be used as an alternate for Saturday. Since they're spreading out the ceremonies to limit attendance I would think (or hope) the high school field would still suffice. Then they get to keep it outdoors and let families attend.

SDFS
April 27th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Interesting... looks like with COVID they're wanting to have commencement outdoors so Dykhouse Stadium is the obvious venue even though they don't say for sure (https://www.sdstate.edu/graduation/info-friends-and-family). They probably won't have any wiggle room when it comes to kickoff time either in the semis since it'll be in a national TV slot.

That would be the irony or ironies if they still end up having to play in Fargo for the semis despite being the #1 seed.... and what if NDSU and UND both win as well??? Fargodome semifinal double header??? Jacks game in Grand Forks??? NDSU/UND in Grand Forks for the first time in nearly 20 years with a trip to Frisco on the line???

You have Howard Wood Field, Augie Field or SFU in SF. Or Vermillion with Dakota Dome with the renovations.

Chalupa Batman
April 27th, 2021, 04:33 PM
You have Howard Wood Field, Augie Field or SFU in SF. Or Vermillion with Dakota Dome with the renovations.

Pretty sure they would have to play at one of the approved host sites the NCAA put out a few weeks ago.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2021-04-08/division-i-football-committee-announces-championship-host-sites?amp

SDFS
April 27th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Pretty sure they would have to play at one of the approved host sites the NCAA put out a few weeks ago.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2021-04-08/division-i-football-committee-announces-championship-host-sites?amp

Ah, true.. I wonder if that would change given the CDC requirements change on no masks required outdoors.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, things are not sounding good at ISU-R

Trio of former Redbirds speak out against Spack | Sports | videtteonline.com (http://www.videtteonline.com/sports/trio-of-former-redbirds-speak-out-against-spack/article_398df3d0-a75d-11eb-86d1-b71ca4706dee.html)

caribbeanhen
April 27th, 2021, 06:50 PM
Just tell the college crowd that college is for football, graduate another day..... sorry

that guy
April 28th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Well since it is teed up; it won't take long for both kid's to walk through. I mean that's twice as many as GFCC and they manage.

POD Knows
April 28th, 2021, 04:39 PM
Well since it is teed up; it won't take long for both kid's to walk through. I mean that's twice as many as GFCC and they manage.Who are you talking to and WTF are you saying.

that guy
April 29th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Who are you talking to and WTF are you saying.
Just reading about SDSU's graduation conflict and was a joke about it in general.

POD Knows
April 29th, 2021, 03:53 PM
Just reading about SDSU's graduation conflict and was a joke about it in general.Ah, I read it again and figured it out, I was a little slow on the uptake here.

clenz
April 29th, 2021, 05:03 PM
That it does. This reads like they're PR-spinning cutting his pay and possibly renegotiating his buyout.
He didn't take a pay cut overall.

He had money moved from the university as part of his base pay to money from Leirfield.

Also why the flying god damn **** would they have signed him to a new contract to work his buy out when HE WOULD LITERALLY BE OUT A CONTRACT AFTER THIS FALL? HIS CONTRACT IS LITERALLY 8 OR 9 MONTHS FROM EXPIRING COMPLETELY

There's a lot more to this that none of you give a **** about because Hur DUr MaRK fArLEy bIG dumB FAIlURe heAd AND I DOn'T UnDeRStanD AnytHING ABOuT uNi or WHat iS actuaLLY happEnInG ThEre

I would expect to hear/read some relatively big news in the next 6-12 months and Farley is a MAJOR part of that - ie about the only reason it would happen. Which is why money was shifted from base pay to media partner pay

With this extension Farley will have played with an/or recruiting and coached every single recruiting class that has stepped foot on UNI's campus between 1979 and 2031. Go a head and let that sink in for a moment in terms of what his impact at UNI is beyond omGz He Didn't wins AnY natIONaL TiTLez wHAt a ****iNG SchlUB

The UNIDome turns 50 in 2026. Farley has been a part of 47 of the recruiting classes to step foot on that field at that point.

POD Knows
April 29th, 2021, 05:16 PM

He had money moved from the university as part of his base pay to money from Leirfield.

Also why the flying god damn **** would they have signed him to a new contract to work his buy out when HE WOULD LITERALLY BE OUT A CONTRACT AFTER THIS FALL? HIS CONTRACT IS LITERALLY 8 OR 9 MONTHS FROM EXPIRING COMPLETELY

There's a lot more to this that none of you give a **** about because Hur DUr MaRK fArLEy bIG dumB FAIlURe heAd AND I DOn'T UnDeRStanD AnytHING ABOuT uNi or WHat iS actuaLLY happEnInG ThEre

I would expect to hear/read some relatively big news in the next 6-12 months and Farley is a MAJOR part of that - ie about the only reason it would happen. Which is why money was shifted from base pay to media partner pay

With this extension Farley will have played with an/or recruiting and coached every single recruiting class that has stepped foot on UNI's campus between 1979 and 2031. Go a head and let that sink in for a moment in terms of what his impact at UNI is beyond omGz He Didn't wins AnY natIONaL TiTLez wHAt a ****iNG SchlUB

The UNIDome turns 50 in 2026. Farley has been a part of 47 of the recruiting classes to step foot on that field at that point.
Unprecedented. xlolx

SDFS
April 29th, 2021, 08:31 PM

Farely is going to retire and be the color commentator for UNI football broadcasts.

Schism55
May 13th, 2021, 11:34 AM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1392874630143221760

POD Knows
May 13th, 2021, 11:40 AM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1392874630143221760Don't know what the financial impact will be for NDSU but WDAY sucks at a whole new level even compared to KVLY. Hope they step it up.

Professor Chaos
May 13th, 2021, 11:59 AM
Don't know what the financial impact will be for NDSU but WDAY sucks at a whole new level even compared to KVLY. Hope they step it up.
As long as all the football and basketball games are streamed on an ESPN streaming service (either + or 3) and they don't try to sucker us into getting an inforum.com subscription it gets a big xthumbsupx from me.

At least Izzo should be able to improve the football pregame and halftime shows considerably from the abominations that they were with KVLY. I'd laugh if Learfield IMG (who provides the "talent" for NDSU Athletics broadcasts) hired Lee Timmerman to continue doing football play-by-play. I don't think he's that bad and I find all the handwringing about him pretty entertaining.

POD Knows
May 13th, 2021, 12:05 PM
As long as all the football and basketball games are streamed on an ESPN streaming service (either + or 3) and they don't try to sucker us into getting an inforum.com subscription it gets a big xthumbsupx from me.

At least Izzo should be able to improve the football pregame and halftime shows considerably from the abominations that they were with KVLY. I'd laugh if Learfield IMG (who provides the "talent" for NDSU Athletics broadcasts) hired Lee Timmerman to continue doing football play-by-play. I don't think he's that bad and I find all the handwringing about him pretty entertaining.
I have watched a lot of WDAY sports broadcast and it is cringe worthy virtually all the time. I don't watch the Bison pre-game shows, tried to once, couldn't deal with it. KVLY did a lot of things that bugged me with the commercials but Shaw does a nice job, Timmerman, yea, their are worse guys out there but, well, yea. I am not a yuge fan of Izzo, he is a closet UND fan. :D

dewey
May 15th, 2021, 06:23 AM
Don't know what the financial impact will be for NDSU but WDAY sucks at a whole new level even compared to KVLY. Hope they step it up.

Really? Dom Izzo and Jeff Kolpack are the gold standard when it comes to covering NDSU and the FCS.

As long as they don't continue commercials during the game via split screen. That was terrible.

Dewey

mmiller_34
May 16th, 2021, 06:37 PM
Someone make the 2021 thread. We finally get to burn this 2020 thread.

Professor Chaos
May 16th, 2021, 06:40 PM
Someone make the 2021 thread. We finally get to burn this 2020 thread.
Yeah, looking forward to letting this mutated thread fade into oblivion. Figured we could wait until at least Monday to turn the page though but I won't be disappointed if someone fires up the 2021 MVFC Megathread before then. Anyone have any thread sponsors lined up (not including adult websites ;))?

Chalupa Batman
May 16th, 2021, 06:54 PM
Yeah, looking forward to letting this mutated thread fade into oblivion. Figured we could wait until at least Monday to turn the page though but I won't be disappointed if someone fires up the 2021 MVFC Megathread before then. Anyone have any thread sponsors lined up (not including adult websites ;))?

We are all only fans of FCS so it should be sponsored by Onlyfans, no?

BNATION
May 16th, 2021, 07:04 PM
We are all only fans of FCS so it should be sponsored by Onlyfans, no?
Word

skinny_uncle
May 17th, 2021, 01:08 AM
Looking forward to next year.

ST_Lawson
May 17th, 2021, 08:44 AM

I got you fam: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?273808-MVFC-Megathread-2021-Edition (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?273808-MVFC-Megathread-2021-Edition)