PDA

View Full Version : Trey Lance wins Walter Payton award

Schism55
January 10th, 2020, 09:16 PM
https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1215832242062266368

Wow, well done young man! GO Bison!

semobison
January 10th, 2020, 09:19 PM
Most of us Bison fans thought Trey was going to be a great player. What he did this year exceeded expectations of a fan base with very high expectations!

Derby City Duke
January 10th, 2020, 09:27 PM
Congratulations!

ysubigred
January 10th, 2020, 09:42 PM
Congratulations to TL[emoji106]Just a freshman too. Not to be a downer but Stick got screwed last year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
January 10th, 2020, 09:43 PM
And despite having some phenomenal players over the years, the first MVFC (or Gateway) player to win the Payton Award.

Laker
January 10th, 2020, 09:47 PM
And despite having some phenomenal players over the years, the first MVFC (or Gateway) player to win the Payton Award.

I'm surprised to read that. With all of the great players in that conference it is hard to believe.

And a freshman at that!

Professor Chaos
January 10th, 2020, 10:41 PM
First freshman to ever win the Payton award. First NDSU player to ever win the Payton award. First MVFC/Gateway player to ever win the Payton award.

I'm floored... thought for sure voters would ding him for being a freshman and for not having eye popping passing yards and passing TDs. Hope to see him win one more trophy tomorrow afternoon.

Lorne_Malvo
January 10th, 2020, 10:58 PM
First freshman to ever win the Payton award. First NDSU player to ever win the Payton award. First MVFC/Gateway player to ever win the Payton award.

I'm floored... thought for sure voters would ding him for being a freshman and for not having eye popping passing yards and passing TDs. Hope to see him win one more trophy tomorrow afternoon.

You forgot first player to win the Rice and Payton.

frozennorth
January 10th, 2020, 11:29 PM
Beat Oregon and win the Heisman next year

POD Knows
January 11th, 2020, 07:52 AM
I am shocked he won the award but I feel that he is the best and most rounded QB in FCS, even as a freshman. Poise beyond his years. I also did not know that no other MVFC/Gateway player has never won it but the style of football over here doesn't always lend itself to real big individual numbers. But this "first" is going to lead to another first today, JMU by 10 over the Bison #BOOKIT, the sea change in the football cosmos has spoken and spoken loudly, bet the ranch, the kids, the wife and the dog, borrow against all of your equity, this game is a lock.

Hammerhead
January 11th, 2020, 09:06 AM
Thanks to the NCAA letting freshmen play in 4 games without losing a redshirt, it was obvious Trey was the real deal last season when he was doing mop-up duty for Easton.

Redbird 4th & short
January 11th, 2020, 09:13 AM
Very impressive season, in particular for a RS FR. 2800 Pass Yards is nothing to sneeze at or be too impressed with, but it is impossible to look past 29 TDs and just 1 pick .. that along with the 183 QBR and the 900+ yards rushing.

Very hard to believe this is first MVFC Payton Award winner. Maybe too many good defenses, too much ball control with run/pass balance.

semobison
January 11th, 2020, 09:16 AM
Very impressive season, in particular for a RS FR. 2800 Pass Yards is nothing to sneeze at or be too impressed with, but it is impossible to look past 29 TDs and just 1 pick .. that along with the 183 QBR and the 900+ yards rushing.

Very hard to believe this is first MVFC Payton Award winner. Maybe too many good defenses, too much ball control with run/pass balance.

Trey has thrown 28 TD's and 0 int's. Our only int thrown this year was by a RB!

Redbird 4th & short
January 11th, 2020, 09:30 AM
Right ... I must have been reading team stats .. I thought he had no picks too.

Bisonator
January 11th, 2020, 09:34 AM
Unbelievable. I never thought the voters would give it to a Freshman. Thought for sure Cookus was going to win it. Congrats to Trey! He's had a hell of a season and I hope he caps it with the MVP in todays game!

And yes Easton Stick got robbed last year!

dewey
January 11th, 2020, 09:17 PM
What an amazing season for Trey Lance! Congratulations!

Dewey

Derby City Duke
January 12th, 2020, 01:33 AM
What an amazing season for Trey Lance! Congratulations!

Dewey

He certainly left no doubt today; very impressive!

DEX
January 12th, 2020, 06:38 AM

Wow! I don't know that I've ever heard of a qb playing meaningful minutes going an entire season without an interception.

mvfcfan
January 12th, 2020, 07:34 AM
Congrats Trey Lance! Definitely a special player. Hopefully he can stay healthy in his career. Also congrats to NDSU on winning another national championship!

Professor
January 12th, 2020, 05:02 PM
Kid was very impressive