PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Phil Steele's All Conference teams

kdinva
January 8th, 2020, 11:34 AM
https://philsteele.com/2020/01/07/2019-phil-steeles-fcs-postseason-all-conf-teams/

scroll down to see each Conference........I think the SOCon list is real good. xsmiley_wix xnodx

BEAR
January 8th, 2020, 12:04 PM
Interesting choices for the SLC.

I went to the conference website and it lists our #1 receiver Lujuan Winningham as playing in 10 games but he broke his leg against Sam Houston in the 7th game of the year. It shows he averaged 81 receiving yards a game for those 10 games. But if you use only the 7 games he actually played in he's over 115 per game! I guess the conference has to use 10 games as a standard? I wonder if this service used that technically incorrect number as a basis for their decision. No biggie. Just wondering why they list him as 10 games when obviously he wasn't in even a full 7.

Also Steele picked Tyler Hudson as Freshman of the year (very cool) but he wasn't listed as even a third choice WR. Kid only caught 55 balls for 975 yards, 12 TDs, and 17.7 yards per catch which was good for second best stats in the league. Of course he did have Winningham soaking up the stats for the first 7 games! xlolx

lionsrking2
January 8th, 2020, 01:55 PM

I went to the conference website and it lists our #1 receiver Lujuan Winningham as playing in 10 games but he broke his leg against Sam Houston in the 7th game of the year. It shows he averaged 81 receiving yards a game for those 10 games. But if you use only the 7 games he actually played in he's over 115 per game! I guess the conference has to use 10 games as a standard? I wonder if this service used that technically incorrect number as a basis for their decision. No biggie. Just wondering why they list him as 10 games when obviously he wasn't in even a full 7.

Also Steele picked Tyler Hudson as Freshman of the year (very cool) but he wasn't listed as even a third choice WR. Kid only caught 55 balls for 975 yards, 12 TDs, and 17.7 yards per catch which was good for second best stats in the league. Of course he did have Winningham soaking up the stats for the first 7 games! xlolx

Interesting that the team that finished No. 1 in both scoring and total offense, got a total of three players on the three teams combined. The team that finished 7th (scoring) and 3rd (total) got seven. Frank Scelfo and Greg Stevens deserve huge raises.

Gangtackle11
January 8th, 2020, 02:25 PM
Yes. Dan Smith 2nd team All-CAA is the correct spot this season. xpeacex

lionsrking2
January 8th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Yes. Dan Smith 2nd team All-CAA is the correct spot this season. xpeacex

Best we saw all year. Great football player.

UAalum72
January 8th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Gattuso must’ve REALLY deserved the CAA COY to finish in second place with only four of the top 84 players named.

McNeese75
January 8th, 2020, 04:48 PM
I think I would swap the #1 and #2 SLC QB's. Just my opinion

BEAR
January 8th, 2020, 09:40 PM
I think I would swap the #1 and #2 SLC QB's. Just my opinion

Chase had a great career for sure. Both had great stats this year too. Hard to argue with either. You can like Chase’s 3600 yards, 600 of them coming on the ground, with 17 TDs or Breylin’s 35 TDs with all 3600 of his yards in the air. Hope the Colonels find another one like him.

DFW HOYA
January 8th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Not a lot of PL research on that list: Isaac Schley (Georgetown) was a tight end, not a fullback. In fact, he had 0 carries as a fullback and was sixth on the team in receptions.

https://guhoyas.com/sports/football/stats/2019#individual

lionsrking2
January 9th, 2020, 01:09 AM
Chase had a great career for sure. Both had great stats this year too. Hard to argue with either. You can like Chase’s 3600 yards, 600 of them coming on the ground, with 17 TDs or Breylin’s 35 TDs with all 3600 of his yards in the air. Hope the Colonels find another one like him.

I'd take Chason Virgil over both of them. Split time with Cole Kelley and still threw for almost 3,800 yards and 2nd in the league in completion percentage. If he doesn't split time, he's well over 4,000 yards and 30+ TDs. Played his best football down the stretch and was really good in the playoffs.

Gangtackle11
January 9th, 2020, 06:41 AM
I'd take Chason Virgil over both of them. Split time with Cole Kelley and still threw for almost 3,800 yards and 2nd in the league in completion percentage. If he doesn't split time, he's well over 4,000 yards and 30+ TDs. Played his best football down the stretch and was really good in the playoffs.

He was right up there as the best we saw all season. Flacco had a great game vs. Nova & Dinucci did his thing (win), but Virgil was a killer and certainly took advantage of a depleted Nova secondary that day. xpeacex

Daytripper
January 9th, 2020, 07:53 AM

Not bad, but it is criminal that SHSU DL Joseph Wallace wasn't even recognized on any of the teams. Dude was a major disruption in the middle of the line. Also, I would put forth SHSU WR Ife Adeyi as a possible freshman of the year.

BEAR
January 9th, 2020, 09:09 AM
Not bad, but it is criminal that SHSU DL Joseph Wallace wasn't even recognized on any of the teams. Dude was a major disruption in the middle of the line. Also, I would put forth SHSU WR Ife Adeyi as a possible freshman of the year.

Was he hurt? Only 6 games this year. His WR duties netted him 202 yards and 2 TDs though. Not bad for just 13 catches.

ngineer
January 10th, 2020, 10:25 AM
Glad to see Woetzel get recognized as defensive POY in the Patriot. Keith had an amazing year. Also, nice kudos for Lehigh's freshman RB Zaython Hill. Could be the next Bragalone if he keeps working.