PDA

View Full Version : 2019 AGS POTY Nominations

ursus arctos horribilis
December 30th, 2019, 11:26 AM
It's time for our annual recognition of our contemporaries. This place is fun, entertaining, and informative due to our friends that post here so take a minute to put the names in for this years POTY award banners.

Nominate your selections for Poster of the Year by clicking the link near the bottom of this post and filling in your choices.

If a poster received 3 straight POTY awards in any one category then they are considered HOF (Hall Of Fame) in that category. If they don't win 3 straight then they need 5 overall to attain this status.

superman7515-
Is HOF in two or three categories and can not be nominated in any categories any longer as I am honoring his request to pull his name out of the running due to multiple HOF runs.

ursus is also not accepted as a nomination in any category.

These are the categories:

1. AGS FCS Board Poster Of The Year

2. AGS Smack Board Poster Of The Year

3. AGS Lounge Poster Of The Year

4. AGS Newcomer Poster Of The Year - Click this link (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/memberlist.php?&pp=30&order=desc&sort=joindate), page should be sorted on all new members for 2018 (look at "join date") and there are 7-8 pgs. of names to choose from.

5. AGS Most Humorous Poster Of The Year

6. AGS Most Valuable Poster Of The Year

You do not have to nominate someone in each category but I would appreciate it if you would give it some good thought and try to do so.

Nominations are open from now until 01/06/2020 . The leading nominees in each category will be voted on from 01/06/2020 through 01/15/2020 with the winners being crowned on that day.

Use this link (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScVkojvdaAi90oz2rXC7EdEkJsKUiE2zH3lnaVCuLZT NQvOiQ/viewform) to nominate.

Nominations posted on this thread won't count for anything.

This thread is open for discussion on who you think should be nominated so get on it.

Lorne_Malvo
December 30th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Just hand me the trophy for all 6 categories now and lets call it a day. xsmiley_wix

POD Knows
December 30th, 2019, 12:16 PM
The newbie field is weak, I got ChalupaBatman primarily because his Taco avatar is bitchin

BisonFan02
December 30th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Another year I didnt do ****.

POD Knows
December 30th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Another year I didnt do ****.Your lack of any credible meme activity is going to hurt you.

cx500d
December 30th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Just hand me the trophy for all 6 categories now and lets call it a day. xsmiley_wix

Weak sauce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 30th, 2019, 12:59 PM
I have hootyhoo as the most humorous poster since chattown

BisonFan02
December 30th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Your lack of any credible meme activity is going to hurt you.

is it?

POD Knows
December 30th, 2019, 01:23 PM
is it?
Probably not, you will live off your reputation, sort of like the Montana Griz or the SoCon.

Grizalltheway
December 30th, 2019, 01:29 PM
Probably not, you will live off your reputation, sort of like the Montana Griz or the SoCon.
Don't forget the stadium.

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2019, 01:53 PM

Congratulations, you win Smack.

dewey
December 30th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Don't forget the stadium.

Loud and cold, right?

Dewey

Grizalltheway
December 30th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Loud and cold, right?

Dewey
And big and nice.

Bisonoline
December 30th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Your lack of any credible meme activity is going to hurt you.

I tried to fill the void.

uni88
December 30th, 2019, 04:46 PM

hootyhoo, R.A. and FUgamebreaker have all had their moments.

It looks like there have been a little over 20 posts in the Smack Forum in 2019. The best smack has been on the FCS Forum.

POD Knows
December 30th, 2019, 04:47 PM

It looks like there have been a little over 20 posts in the Smack Forum in 2019. The best smack has been on the FCS Forum.I thought we could smack on all the forums, we actually have a forum just for smack. WTF

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2019, 04:51 PM
I thought we could smack on all the forums, we actually have a forum just for smack. WTFIt's meant for threads that need extra special attention.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2019, 04:51 PM

It looks like there have been a little over 20 posts in the Smack Forum in 2019. The best smack has been on the FCS Forum.Hard to have smack when the JMU dynasty has lasted since 2004.

cx500d
December 30th, 2019, 04:54 PM
There needs to be a Novembrist/Decembrist of the Year category

POD Knows
December 30th, 2019, 05:11 PM
It's meant for threads that need extra special attention.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkI went into the Smack Board, I never pay attention to the "bread crumb" for the posting section but I have posted incoherently on a few of those threads over there.

FormerPokeCenter
December 30th, 2019, 06:44 PM
There's really no point in posting in Smack....Until and unless Citdog makes a triumphant return, any win in that category would be hollow...

cx500d
December 30th, 2019, 06:47 PM
There's really no point in posting in Smack....Until and unless Citdog makes a triumphant return, any win in that category would be hollow...

Hey....Thats BS

FormerPokeCenter
December 30th, 2019, 07:03 PM
Is it?

FormerPokeCenter
December 30th, 2019, 07:04 PM
It's like winning the FCS National Title without having to play NDSU....

JSUSoutherner
December 30th, 2019, 07:12 PM

Everyone since 2010 has beat NDSU to win. So not sure who you're trying to throw shade at here.

Bisonoline
December 30th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Everyone since 2010 has beat NDSU to win. So not sure who you're trying to throw shade at here.

xeekx

FormerPokeCenter
Why must you assume I'm throwing shade at any team? Sometimes analogies contain a larger point...

Bisonoline

Celebration Bowl????:D

FormerPokeCenter
December 30th, 2019, 07:30 PM
LOL! Exactly! Winning the Smack title in a post Citdog world is like winning the Celebration Bowl! It looks good on the resume, but what does it really mean??? ;)

cx500d
December 30th, 2019, 07:40 PM
LOL! Exactly! Winning the Smack title in a post Citdog world is like winning the Celebration Bowl! It looks good on the resume, but what does it really mean??? ;)

I love the celebration bowl! Obviously the #1 teams in FCS

FormerPokeCenter
December 30th, 2019, 08:20 PM
LOL! I'm just now noticing that really cool badge of yours! No offense intended!

Mike296
December 30th, 2019, 10:47 PM
No love for me as a newcomer ;) seriously though I’m only here during football season so I don’t really count.

FormerPokeCenter
December 30th, 2019, 10:53 PM
We loved you as a newcomer four years ago...

Now? Not so much...

Mike296
December 30th, 2019, 11:32 PM
I was kidding around. I know I’m long gone as a newcomer.

uni88
December 31st, 2019, 11:31 AM
I went into the Smack Board, I never pay attention to the "bread crumb" for the posting section but I have posted incoherently on a few of those threads over there.

Are there threads where you post coherently? xsmiley_wix

FormerPokeCenter
December 31st, 2019, 11:36 AM
Holy Grail Quest, Batman!

POD Knows
December 31st, 2019, 11:39 AM
Are there threads where you post coherently? xsmiley_wixIt is debatable. xnodx

TheKingpin28
December 31st, 2019, 11:43 AM
I went into the Smack Board, I never pay attention to the "bread crumb" for the posting section but I have posted incoherently on a few of those threads over there.Was this when you were #OnTheGrains

cx500d
December 31st, 2019, 11:45 AM
It is debatable. xnodx
Not really. 99.73% of all AGS users agree you are incoherent and deranged; its irrefutable.

POD Knows
December 31st, 2019, 11:46 AM
Not really. 99.73% of all AGS users agree you are incoherent and deranged; its irrefutable.Can't argue with science I guess.

BisonBacker
December 31st, 2019, 01:23 PM
No love for me as a newcomer ;) seriously though I’m only here during football season so I don’t really count.

Join date of May 2015 and newcomer don't quite fit together xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 31st, 2019, 02:29 PM

HootyHoo has a long ways to go in order to get into chattown's class.

I recall in 2013 chattown vehemently arguing that Chattanooga hosting the national championship games for 14 years was comparable to if not better than NDSU winning it twice in terms of program exposure. He was special... maybe we should have a category for most entertaining troll and name it after him???

Winterborn
December 31st, 2019, 02:36 PM
Ursus - On your form for Newbie of the year, you have a join date of July 2014 or later as the criteria. :D

cx500d
December 31st, 2019, 03:25 PM

I recall in 2013 chattown vehemently arguing that Chattanooga hosting the national championship games for 14 years was comparable to if not better than NDSU winning it twice in terms of program exposure. He was special... maybe we should have a category for most entertaining troll and name it after him???
Last year I tried to get a troll of the year category

TheKingpin28
December 31st, 2019, 04:15 PM

But you're taller than me, so it wouldn't work.

Mike296
December 31st, 2019, 04:41 PM

It was a joke ffs

ursus arctos horribilis
December 31st, 2019, 05:15 PM
Ursus - On your form for Newbie of the year, you have a join date of July 2014 or later as the criteria. :D

oopsey. I make mistakey.

Winterborn
December 31st, 2019, 05:22 PM
But you're taller than me, so it wouldn't work.That don't take much.......

TheKingpin28
December 31st, 2019, 07:48 PM
That don't take much.......

Yeah, it's called being a baby giraffe.

FUBeAR
December 31st, 2019, 09:21 PM

He was special... maybe we should have a category for most entertaining troll and name it after him???FUBeAR will sponsor the award with an annual $5 Subway Gift Card to the winner.

...and nominates or seconds the nomination of Who T. Who for this year’s winner!

Panther88
December 31st, 2019, 11:39 PM
My last grenade toss of 2019... where are the "atta'boy pat on the head seekers?"

:D xlolx

JSUSoutherner
January 1st, 2020, 12:02 AM

That just tells you how relevant his team has been since 2015

TheRevSFA
January 1st, 2020, 12:50 AM
Eh I haven’t been as active this year so I might get nominated on rep alone. I mean, I’m kind of a badass.

BisonFan02
January 1st, 2020, 10:03 AM
Eh I haven’t been as active this year so I might get nominated on rep alone. I mean, I’m kind of a badass.

Uh huh

TheRevSFA
January 1st, 2020, 02:50 PM
Uh huh

I mean you didn’t have to reaffirm what I know to be true

Daytripper
January 1st, 2020, 03:24 PM

This is where you and I agree completely.

cx500d
January 1st, 2020, 05:55 PM
This is where you and I agree completely.
On behalf of bartles & jaymes, we thank you for your support.

FormerPokeCenter
January 2nd, 2020, 12:59 PM

i've been a lot less active, myself. Of course, I'm thinking our absences have a lot to do with the deterioration of the level of discourse here and the caliber of some of the recent "winners"...

;)

BisonTru
January 2nd, 2020, 02:06 PM
i've been a lot less active, myself. Of course, I'm thinking our absences have a lot to do with the deterioration of the level of discourse here and the caliber of some of the recent "winners"...

;)

You missin ND4E? You’ve been getting tore up pretty good lately. I can’t blame ya for ducking out.

FormerPokeCenter
January 2nd, 2020, 05:14 PM
LOL, how could I possibly miss ND4E when you and RJones are twice as much fun to laugh at???

Though, to be fair, his conversion to an individual rights loving free speech iconoclast, espousing traditional conservative values, was kinda fun to watch....

TheRevSFA
January 2nd, 2020, 05:43 PM

;)

Maybe we’re just getting old

cx500d
January 2nd, 2020, 05:45 PM

What kind of ****ing pearl of wisdom is that? Do we have some Benjamin Buttons on AGS?

Bisonoline
January 2nd, 2020, 05:47 PM
What kind of ****ing pearl of wisdom is that? Do we have some Benjamin Buttons on AGS?

xlolx

BisonFan02
January 2nd, 2020, 06:13 PM

are we?

FormerPokeCenter
January 2nd, 2020, 06:53 PM
Instead of telling people to get off my textual lawn, I simply moved to a smaller social media footprint. It was hard giving up the Facebook View, but...the upkeep around my new place is a lot less labor intensive...

PaladinFan
January 3rd, 2020, 05:01 AM
I'm just sad the swarm of App State posters on this forum never got to interact with the swarm of NDSU posters on this forum. That'd have been entertaining.

TheRevSFA
January 3rd, 2020, 07:45 AM
Instead of telling people to get off my textual lawn, I simply moved to a smaller social media footprint. It was hard giving up the Facebook View, but...the upkeep around my new place is a lot less labor intensive...

I know not seeing photos of my daughter has had to be crushing for you 😂

ysubigred
January 3rd, 2020, 08:19 AM
With all your all's whiney asses on here I need a nurse xdrunkyx

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.-zTGkL109ZpgsorlU8PYAgHaLH&pid=Api&rs=1

FormerPokeCenter
January 3rd, 2020, 08:55 AM
I know not seeing photos of my daughter has had to be crushing for you 😂

She's a cute kid! You didn't go overboard...all that much...

I actually enjoyed those!

TheRevSFA
January 3rd, 2020, 08:59 AM
She's a cute kid! You didn't go overboard...all that much...

I actually enjoyed those!

I’m actually close to retracting my social media footprint as well. It seems like it’s worked well for you. Might follow your footsteps

FormerPokeCenter
January 3rd, 2020, 09:34 AM
I'm a lot more productive...AGS is my last vestige of social media...except for LinkedIn, and that's not really all that "social" in nature.

My main regret about bagging FB is that it's going to make it really difficult, if not impossible, to raise any real money for the cause. I've still got the e-mail solicitations that most people don't open, but FB was where the majority of the fundraising came from. I may rethink it a few months down the line, but aside from that, and cute kid & pet pics, I'm not really missing it...

ursus arctos horribilis
January 3rd, 2020, 12:06 PM
I'm just sad the swarm of App State posters on this forum never got to interact with the swarm of NDSU posters on this forum. That'd have been entertaining.

They interacted a whole lot so not sure how you missed that.

PaladinFan
January 3rd, 2020, 01:29 PM
They interacted a whole lot so not sure how you missed that.

Well, the vanguard did.

It is my observation (though you know better than I do) that the NDSU crowd has increased significantly since 2016 or so, years after the App State folks departed to greener pastures.

Some of the NDSU posters have accumulated as many posts in 3 years as I have in nearly 15, and I'm a frequent poster.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 3rd, 2020, 01:57 PM
Well, the vanguard did.

It is my observation (though you know better than I do) that the NDSU crowd has increased significantly since 2016 or so, years after the App State folks departed to greener pastures.

Some of the NDSU posters have accumulated as many posts in 3 years as I have in nearly 15, and I'm a frequent poster.

There are some new posters and they do post a lot and that portion certainly missed the Apps newbies of the 2007-2009 timeframe but we did have a fair number of NDSU posters back then too and the like of Lakes being among them should give us all the reflection of what the masses would have been putting up with. xlolx

The "masses" is reference to the general AGS peops and not the masses of NDSU fans. Those arguments can only be entertaining if both teams are splitting up the wins though as we all know. So, it likely would have quited down quickly anyway as it did once NDSU started winning the NC's.

But, the App posters with their team at the peak against the NDSU fans now is probably less fun than we'd like to think it might have been.:D

Drblankstare
January 4th, 2020, 01:35 AM
I was here when this place was lousy with App St fans. Dark times indeed.

It’s so nice now that we Bison fans have brought clear thinking and objectiveness to this site....

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 4th, 2020, 07:59 AM

It’s so nice now that we Bison fans have brought clear thinking and objectiveness to this site....

LOL...Spot on!!

dewey
January 5th, 2020, 09:54 AM

It’s so nice now that we Bison fans have brought clear thinking and objectiveness to this site....Yep.

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200105/9a8af81bb55499bb91a8d8438323a484.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

uni88
January 5th, 2020, 11:46 AM

It’s so nice now that we Bison fans have brought insecurity and hypersensitivity to a whole new level on this site....

FYP ;)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lorne_Malvo
January 5th, 2020, 01:19 PM
All of the 6' tall trophies arrived at my door this morning. Thanks Ursus!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 6th, 2020, 01:04 PM
Hey, I've asked for nominations on this but there really are not a lot on here. I get it, you'd actually have to think for a minute or two and put a slight amount of effort in to complete this and help me out so it might not seem worth it.

This is one of the poorest responses I have ever f'n seen from the members of this board.

For those who did nominate people, all 7 or 8 of you. Thanks, I appreciate it.

To everyone else this is open for a few more hours so get off your ass and throw in some nominations. It would probably take you about as long as it would to put a post on the site.

Derby City Duke
January 6th, 2020, 02:24 PM
Noms in.

Bisonoline
January 6th, 2020, 02:48 PM

Thats part of it
Your generation with its new technology embraced it. Interfacing and staying connected was a must. You could rip on people anonymously and not be held accountable. After awhile it all becomes the same bull****. For me I never understood Facebook. It was just like twitter IMO. No real conversation. Just messages or quips. I couldnt believe an old friend wanted to know what social media I was on so they could follow me???? Follow me??? WTF?????

And as you have gotten older youve grown up. Well most have.xthumbsupx

uni88
January 6th, 2020, 03:10 PM
Thats part of it
Your generation with its new technology embraced it. Interfacing and staying connected was a must. You could rip on people anonymously and not be held accountable. After awhile it all becomes the same bull****. For me I never understood Facebook. It was just like twitter IMO. No real conversation. Just messages or quips. I couldnt believe an old friend wanted to know what social media I was on so they could follow me???? Follow me??? WTF?????

And as you have gotten older youve grown up. Well most have.xthumbsupx

I have to grow old, I don't have to grow up. :D

I use Facebook to keep up with family (I have 7 living siblings, 17 nieces & nephews plus their spouses and children spread across the country) and old friends. I just ignore most of the political and "what I had for breakfast" type crap. If someone annoys me with inane drivel I snooze them for 30 days. If they continue I unfollow them, we're still facebook friends but I don't see their posts.

TheKingpin28
January 6th, 2020, 04:31 PM
Done