PDA

View Full Version : One Year Later - Colston, a Leader

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2007, 07:05 AM
USA Today giving coverage to Marques Colston. Glad to see he continues to get some good publicity. Keep it, Colston!

One year later, Colston comes in as the leader
By Brett Martel, AP Sports Writer

METAIRIE, La. — Marques Colston was being coy about how majoring in psychology at Hofstra might have given him insight into consoling a struggling teammate.

Still, no one had to prod the Saints' second-year receiver to call first-round draft choice Robert Meachem after Colston noticed Meachem struggling through the opening sessions of rookie camp.

"That major (psychology) doesn't help with this heat, so I just try to give him some words of encouragement because you can never have too many playmakers on your team," Colston said after an offseason training session.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-05-25-3030803366_x.htm

CopperCat
May 27th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Of all the WR's in the NFL, Colston is one of the most entertaining to watch IMO. The guy has a desire to compete and go up for every ball, and it shows. How else would he have gotten the starting job?

kardplayer
May 28th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Good for Marques - I like the class here.

Its gotta be a tough spot for him. I mean the guy is his teammate, but he's also the competition. Its not likely he'd lose his spot this quickly, but still...

Uncle Buck
May 28th, 2007, 07:31 AM
I caught that article earlier today, very good. Hopefully he'll have another productive year and continue to represent the FCS in a good light.

813Jag
May 28th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Colston had a great season, he will hopefully become one of the faces of the New Orleans Saints for a long time. He's a really hard worker. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
May 28th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I loved watching Colston this past year.

Jax
June 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Colston is a BEAST. Saints had pretty much the best WR corps in the NFL. Should be interesting with #12, #19 and #18..even without Hollywood Horn.

Still xmadx that he's a Falcon now.

appfan2008
June 9th, 2007, 08:41 AM
i hope colston has another great year and a great career

PantherRob82
June 9th, 2007, 12:03 PM
always great to see FCS players step it up. The Saints were my favorite team to watch last year.