PDA

View Full Version : 2019-12/21 AGS GOTW Week 17 (Semifinals)

Preferred Walk-On
December 16th, 2019, 08:32 PM
Last week of GOTW. Three games on the slate. Two to determine who plays in the National Championship game in Frisco...and one that IS a National Championship game? (for discussion, see https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?242121-POLL-Celebration-Bowl-2019-(Aggies-v-Braves-Pt-3)).

It's been a fun season, and it will be interesting to see if there will be a rematch or a new visitor(s) to Frisco. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays to you all.

#5 Montana State @ #1 North Dakota State
#4 Weber State @ #2 James Madison
#28 North Carolina A&T v. Alcorn State

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2019, 09:46 PM
Weber/JMU

I think this one will be the best game. IMO, NDSU wins by 2 TDs maybe more.

wapiti
December 16th, 2019, 10:00 PM
MSU @ NDSU

Just due to the discussions in the 2 threads.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 10:47 PM
MSU @ NDSU

Just due to the discussions in the 2 threads.

The 2+ pages of riveting discussion about whether season ticket holders should be required to buy playoff tickets??

CopperCat
December 16th, 2019, 11:23 PM
The 2+ pages of riveting discussion about whether season ticket holders should be required to buy playoff tickets??
Pretty sure I saw some talk about the NDSU hockey team too xeyebrowx

Without a doubt, MSU-NDSU. Lots of storylines with this game.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2019, 08:23 AM

Pretty sure I saw some talk about the NDSU hockey team too xeyebrowx

Without a doubt, MSU-NDSU. Lots of storylines with this game.
Just get us started on food and you can kiss the next 10+ pages goodbye. :D

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Just get us started on food and you can kiss the next 10+ pages goodbye. :DWhat about Casey's breakfast pizza?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

that guy
December 17th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Or Fargo's impressive lineup of chain dining establishments.:)

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2019, 09:15 AM
What about Casey's breakfast pizza?

It is a pizza! And it's best with sausage AND bacon!

cats2506
December 17th, 2019, 09:26 AM
let me guess, the debate over Denny's or Waffle House

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Yuck! (at least for Denny's... never eaten at a Waffle House)

But if you're coming to the game Saturday and looking for breakfast this is the place to go: https://www.shackonbroadway.com/

If they're too busy or the wait is too long Casey's breakfast pizza is a fine alternative.

cx500d
December 17th, 2019, 09:39 AM

Not as good as the chain restaurants up the road....
https://www.grandforksherald.com/lifestyle/2350615-eatbeat-long-awaited-olive-garden-receives-warm-welcome

Bison56
December 17th, 2019, 09:43 AM

Now you've done it.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Now you've done it.
https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/so-it-begins-gif-3.gif

cats2506
December 17th, 2019, 09:53 AM

But if you're coming to the game Saturday and looking for breakfast this is the place to go: https://www.shackonbroadway.com/

If they're too busy or the wait is too long Casey's breakfast pizza is a fine alternative.

Sorry, I wont be there, its been almost 35 years since I set foot in North Dakota.

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2019, 10:09 AM

What's the deal this year? Wasn't last year's MVFC Megathread sponsored by Casey's pizza? Why did y'all lose your sponsorship?

cx500d
December 17th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Sorry, I wont be there, its been almost 35 years since I set foot in North Dakota.
Understandable....It's been 143 years since Custer set foot in North Dakota.

POD Knows
December 17th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Sorry, I wont be there, its been almost 35 years since I set foot in North Dakota.What, do you got warrants out for your arrest or something? :D Ah, Lewistown, been through there many times, I like the drive on highway 87, I have driven that road quite a bit in my business career.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2019, 10:38 AM
What's the deal this year? Wasn't last year's MVFC Megathread sponsored by Casey's pizza? Why did y'all lose your sponsorship?
Yup... lost our ride this year. We wanted to put a picture of a cougar on the thread title instead but the board software doesn't support that. xdontknowx

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2019, 11:03 AM
What, do you got warrants out for your arrest or something? :D Ah, Lewistown, been through there many times, I like the drive on highway 87, I have driven that road quite a bit in my business career.

Sounds like my aunt that lives in CO. Driving from Longmont to ND where the family is from is a bit trickier when you gotta avoid going thru SD due to a ticket from 20 years ago.

POD Knows
December 17th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Sounds like my aunt that lives in CO. Driving from Longmont to ND where the family is from is a bit trickier when you gotta avoid going thru SD due to a ticket from 20 years ago.I25 to Douglas, Wyo, 59 all the way to I94 and then east into ND. There are some cool backroads if you want to go up towards Devils Tower and work your way up to Ekalaka, Mont.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2019, 11:41 AM
It is a pizza! And it's best with sausage AND bacon!Double sausage brah!

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Now you've done it.Sorry that I want them to try a Midwest delicacy.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2019, 11:43 AM
What's the deal this year? Wasn't last year's MVFC Megathread sponsored by Casey's pizza? Why did y'all lose your sponsorship?Two things we do not talk about. 2016 FCS season and the lost sponsorship.

cx500d
December 17th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Sounds like my aunt that lives in CO. Driving from Longmont to ND where the family is from is a bit trickier when you gotta avoid going thru SD due to a ticket from 20 years ago.

Sounds like good planning

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Sounds like good planning

Avoiding eastern WY is good planning.... I've contemplated driving around the whole state to get to Denver because it sucks so much ass, but it's to much added drive time.

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2019, 03:05 PM
Two things we do not talk about. 2016 FCS season and the lost sponsorship.

2016 was a good year for me. UND won its 8th national championship in hockey and the Cubs finally ended the drought. Championships in 2 of the 3 sports that I follow is pretty alright.

ASU33
December 17th, 2019, 03:27 PM
I'm an HBCU guy but I gotta go with Montana State @ NDSU. I'm going to record this one to watch once I get home from the Celebration Bowl.

that guy
December 18th, 2019, 07:24 AM
Avoiding eastern WY is good planning.... I've contemplated driving around the whole state to get to Denver because it sucks so much ass, but it's to much added drive time.
Feel the same when I go to Denver about Nebraska; so I do go through WY. Just go through as fast as possible.:D

Winterborn
December 18th, 2019, 11:29 AM
Sorry that I want them to try a Midwest delicacy.

It is cardboard with cheese on it. Not even bacon can make it redeemable.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Feel the same when I go to Denver about Nebraska; so I do go through WY. Just go through as fast as possible.:D

WY is awful about speeding. Especially if you are driving AWAY from Colorado, now that they legalized it. I wouldn't do more than 4 over in that state and maybe not even that if heading north. I agree that the faster you drive the better the place looks....

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2019, 11:48 AM
It is cardboard with cheese on it. Not even bacon can make it redeemable.I don't even know you!

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 04:16 PM
WY is awful about speeding. Especially if you are driving AWAY from Colorado, now that they legalized it. I wouldn't do more than 4 over in that state and maybe not even that if heading north. I agree that the faster you drive the better the place looks....

I love Wyoming...May retire there

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 04:19 PM
I love Wyoming...May retire there
its nicer than North Dakota

Professor
December 18th, 2019, 04:44 PM
I'm an HBCU guy but I gotta go with Montana State @ NDSU. I'm going to record this one to watch once I get home from the Celebration Bowl.

I agree

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2019, 08:27 PM

The Frying Pan is pretty good as well. We ate at the shack last Saturday. Gotta get there early.