PDA

View Full Version : Hampton's Mathis Struggles Continue

TexasTerror
May 24th, 2007, 03:12 PM
This kid can't stay healthy and when he is healthy, he can't stay out of trouble. I really hope that Mathis recovers as he is a dangerous threat to get six each time he touches the ball. Unfortunately, he has had no luck as it relates to health.

Best of luck, Mathis. The Texans could use you...

------------
Jerome Mathis made it through five days of organized team activities before his notorious hamstrings started reminding everyone of the old days.

Mathis was forced to the sidelines to watch as his hamstrings tightened up Wednesday and Thursday. Gary Kubiak said he is hopeful that four days of treatment over Memorial Day weekend will be enough to get Mathis back on the field when the team resumes practices Tuesday.

"He has to get in the training room and get healthy," Kubiak said. "He's got a heck of a battle on his hands to be a part of this football team and the only way he's going to be able to do that is to be healthy."

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4833321.html

HIU 93
May 24th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Jerome has always had injury problems. It was the injuries that kept him from running in Athens. What trouble is he in? He had a motorcycle accident. Dumb to be on a motorcycle while under contract, agreed. But it was also dumb for Rothlisberger and Winslow. Nobody has said they "stay in trouble" because of that.

TexasTerror
May 24th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Jerome has always had injury problems. It was the injuries that kept him from running in Athens. What trouble is he in? He had a motorcycle accident. Dumb to be on a motorcycle while under contract, agreed. But it was also dumb for Rothlisberger and Winslow. Nobody has said they "stay in trouble" because of that.

His maturity continues to be questioned by Houston area media...

This was brought up when he was drafted as well, nothing new there...

Isn't consistent with what the Texans have in terms of players with character, a bit of a gamble, but I have faith the Texans did their homework before they drafted him...as a local sports show host and respected NFL blogger said...

TexasTerror
May 25th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Lance Zierlein of KILT-AM 610 in Houston, one of the pre-game show hosts for the Texans...

Anyone who still thinks Jerome Mathis is worth hanging onto is crazy. And no.... nobody wants to give the Texans anything in trade for a guy who had one good season as a kick returner and who is always hurt.

already123
May 30th, 2007, 10:16 PM
the truth is...the texans could use anyone

TexasTerror
June 6th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Mathis continues to have problems with injuries...and now the coach has practically given him an ultimatum...

Kick returner's injury problems source of friction
By ALEX JEFFERSON
For The Chronicle

The Texans' Jerome Mathis entered organized team activities last month healthy and hopeful his hamstring problems of the past two years were behind him. His job might depend on it.

The third-year kick returner/wide receiver has participated in only five days of OTAs, and frustration within the organization continues to mount. Coach Gary Kubiak talked with Mathis before practice Tuesday and made it clear the 23-year-old's future with the team is in jeopardy.

"He told me how he felt, I said my piece about it, and we understand each other," Mathis said of his conversation with Kubiak. "It is just something that we will have to deal with. And if it doesn't get right for me by training camp, then it becomes a concern."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4865547.html