PDA

View Full Version : Hero Sprts All America teams

Schism55
December 16th, 2019, 11:06 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-fcs-all-american-teams-ajaj

Silenoz
December 16th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Wow, two 1sts, a 2nd, and two 3rds.

Been a long time since we could say something like that.

clenz
December 16th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Interesting....

PaladinFan
December 16th, 2019, 11:41 AM
I can't trust anything that doesn't have Grayson Atkins as one of the nation's top 3 placekickers.

Field goal percentage over 86%, long of 55, 39 touchbacks on kickoffs. Heck, he even had a nearly 44 yard per punt average and played what seemed like half his games this year in the wind and rain.

Gangtackle11
December 16th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Id like to see the 6 better QBs in the FCS than Nova’s Daniel Smith
(3731 yds/3280pass/457rush/47Tds/35Tdpass/12tdrush).

Big reason Nova was a 9-4 (5-3 CAA) playoff team.

He had a better year than 2nd team All-CAA Flacco (as did Albany’s Jeff Undercuffler) for sure. xpeacex

Professor
December 16th, 2019, 12:12 PM
2 2nd team players........ I can live with that

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Could the first team beat Bama though...

jadmt
December 16th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Wow, two 1sts, a 2nd, and two 3rds.

Been a long time since we could say something like that.

Still it seems like we were missing a few.

BearDownMU
December 16th, 2019, 01:05 PM
I can't trust anything that doesn't have Grayson Atkins as one of the nation's top 3 placekickers.

Field goal percentage over 86%, long of 55, 39 touchbacks on kickoffs. Heck, he even had a nearly 44 yard per punt average and played what seemed like half his games this year in the wind and rain.

I think the lack of attempts prolly got him. But I agree, he's a stud.

clickclack
December 16th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Jeff Undercuffler 3524 Yards, 41TD's...

Joke! Not even 3rd team. So six QB's better then 3524 yards and 41td? GULP

catbob
December 16th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Colter Nuanez of Skyline Sports said that Dante Olson, Jace Lewis, and Robby Hauck ALL BROKE the Griz single season tackle record.

Either no one else on that entire team made any tackles, or you just got a assisted tackle for touching the ball carrier at any point on a play.

The previous record holder, Kendrick Van Ackeren, had 130 total tackles with 67 assisted tackles. Dante Olson was credited with 103 assisted tackles this year alone on his way to piling up 179 tackles.

Things that make you go hmmmm

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Colter Nuanez of Skyline Sports said that Dante Olson, Jace Lewis, and Robby Hauck ALL BROKE the Griz single season tackle record.

Either no one else on that entire team made any tackles, or you just got a assisted tackle for touching the ball carrier at any point on a play.

The previous record holder, Kendrick Van Ackeren, had 130 total tackles with 67 assisted tackles. Dante Olson was credited with 103 assisted tackles this year alone on his way to piling up 179 tackles.

All three of those guys play like every snap is their last.

Silenoz
December 16th, 2019, 03:04 PM

All three were top 20 in all of FCS for solo tackles. So I'm gonna go with "all three fly to the ball"

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Our long snapper is better than your long snapper.

Grizzlies82
December 16th, 2019, 06:54 PM

Sheesh, you cat fans can be a whinny bunch. It is really pretty funny.

On your website there are dozens of you posting essentially the same excuses. After so much pre-season hype Bryce Sterk failed to produce many tackles, so you post "There is more important things than stats", or "I don't think stats really matter". He is a heck of a player. He collected a decent amount of tackles for loss. However he might not have even deserved 2nd string All Conference, a little own 2nd team All American.

Then you diminish Dante Olson, Lewis, or Hauck, because they have too many tackles you just can't believe it could be true. Well watch the damn games and see how they collected their tackles. The defense was designed for those three to make tackles and shut down runs. Each of them were friggin tackling machines. So pick one of them, anyone, and count their tackles in a game. In particular Olson was involved in almost every play. That is just a fact not a fabrication.

cx500d
December 16th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Our long snapper is better than your long snapper.
How did he do in the post season?

WestCoastAggie
December 16th, 2019, 07:23 PM
There's plenty of HBCU love on this list. Jordan Brantley and Chris Rowland balled out this year (Ala A&M and Tennessee State respectively).

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2019, 07:30 PM
How did he do in the post season?

Didn't mess up a single snap.

NOLA
December 16th, 2019, 09:05 PM
Congratulations to the Colonels. I imagine Sully is gonna make a bunch more.

I wonder if Dixon is gonna be overlooked since he doesn’t even show up on the conference leaders. Over 1000 yards receiving and 116 per game.