PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal: Montana State @ North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2019, 01:54 PM
I don't like the title of the other thread about this game so I'm going to start my own and add a poll to it. xlolx

Added a few more numbers to my team stats breakdown since we're down to the nitty gritty of the playoff stretch run.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49223522873_4e1a1aacdb_o.jpg

The numbers favor NDSU but anyone who watched their game yesterday knows the Bison offense is not operating at the same efficiency level they were earlier in the year. Was that a hiccup? Was it a just a great game played by the Illinois St defense? Or is it an indicator this NDSU offense doesn't have the teeth to be a difference maker in the playoffs? I hope it's not the latter but we'll see... in terms of yards per carry and rush yards per game allowed Montana St is about the same statistically as Illinois St but their pass defense hasn't been as good (of course you could argue both of those numbers are skewed by the fact that the MVFC is a run heavy league and the Big Sky is a pass heavy league).

I mentioned it yesterday but this is the most unsure I've been about the outcome of a Bison game since January 2018 when they took on an undefeated #1 JMU team in the natty. Montana St is definitely playing better right now but winning in the Fargodome is no easy task for anyone even if the Bison offense may be sputtering right now.

Let's get it going! It's gonna be a long week.

Redbird 4th & short
December 15th, 2019, 02:37 PM
both like to emphasize the run over the pass, and do it well .. but NDSU pass efficiency is far better. Several things jump off the page but the one stat line I noticed was 3rd down conversions .. offensively, NDSU is 4th and 50.6% and Mont St is 89th at 35.2% .. defensively, NDSU is 11th at 32.2%, and Mont St is 41st at 35.5%.

I know Mont St is a hot team, but converting on 3rd down could be a difference in a game like this. As for NDSU offense, I think ourgame was an abberation ... we know them very well and executed very well. I don't think Mont St has the defense to take NDSU out of what they like to do. Mont St run defense is pretty good in Big Sky, but I dont think that translates as well in the upper half of MVFC.

As it relates to preventing 1st downs defensively, Big Sky has 8 teams in in the bottom 27 of FCS is 1st downs given up per game. And they have 12 of 13 teams in the lower half .. so they get and give up a lot of first downs. Their best team ranks 41st (Sac St), Mont St ranks 79th. Chicken or egg, but I'm pretty sure it's a problem defensively compared to MVFC.

NDSU is really good at getting and preventing 1st downs and 3rd down conversions. I think that will be too much for Mont St to handle even though they like to run in Big Sky.

Silenoz
December 15th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Can MSU do their thing in the run game. Yes? They win. No? They lose.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Bison open as a 16.5 point favorite on 5dimes with an O/U of 46. So they predict a 31-14 type score.

I would expect money to come in on the Bobcats with that line. I'm a homer and I wouldn't feel comfortable laying 16.5 points on the Bison right now.

dewey
December 15th, 2019, 04:32 PM
I am super pumped to be going up for the game next weekend.

B-oline is it ok if we come and tailgate with you folks?

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
December 15th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Bison open as a 16.5 point favorite on 5dimes with an O/U of 46. So they predict a 31-14 type score.

I would expect money to come in on the Bobcats with that line. I'm a homer and I wouldn't feel comfortable laying 16.5 points on the Bison right now.

Yeah I'm with you. I will be surprised if the line doesn't drop all the way down to 10 or so.

GreatGreatGreat
December 15th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Picked Dakota but think Montana State is playing better football. Shut down an impressive Austin Peay attack. Should be a good game.

fencer24
December 15th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Picked Dakota but think Montana State is playing better football. Shut down an impressive Austin Peay attack. Should be a good game.

I'm with you on this. While I don't really think the Cats will win, I do think they are about the only team that can beat the Bison. We will see.
Of course, I will have to be watching it from Hawaii, so there isn't a downside for me at all.xlolx

cx500d
December 15th, 2019, 06:05 PM
I am super pumped to be going up for the game next weekend.

B-oline is it ok if we come and tailgate with you folks?

Dewey

Hey Dewey, I’m coming to this game too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
December 15th, 2019, 06:20 PM

Hell yeah!

Dewey

Chalupa Batman
December 15th, 2019, 06:23 PM
Any turnovers in this game will be huge. Only 15 combined between the 2 teams is pretty insane at this point in the season.

wapiti
December 15th, 2019, 10:37 PM
The MSU allotment of tickets have sold out. MSU fans are now buying Bison tickets..

JacksFan40
December 15th, 2019, 11:22 PM
The MSU allotment of tickets have sold out. MSU fans are now buying Bison tickets..
So there’s going to be a good amount of Bobcat fans in the FargoDome is what you’re saying? With NDSU attendance declining this could be a factor.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2019, 06:25 AM
Good! I'd rather see a Montana St fan in those spots than an empty chair. A good traveling opposing fan base should help juice up the crowd even more and make it an even better atmosphere (as long as our fans know not to "compete" with Bobcat fans when the Bison are on offense - which I'd hope we would).

ElCid
December 16th, 2019, 06:57 AM

Yes, but don't forget AP had a short week and on the long road twice in a row. They might have not had much left. Not to take anything away from Montana State's D, but it might not appear to be quite as good this week. Should be a good one though.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Good! I'd rather see a Montana St fan in those spots than an empty chair. A good traveling opposing fan base should help juice up the crowd even more and make it an even better atmosphere (as long as our fans know not to "compete" with Bobcat fans when the Bison are on offense - which I'd hope we would).They ought to take one of those panorama shots of the seats, find out which Bison fans failed to buy their reserved allotment and pull their tickets. I am only half kidding here. Section 19 across from us last we was about half full.

Chalupa Batman
December 16th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Yes, but don't forget AP had a short week and on the long road twice in a row. They might have not had much left. Not to take anything away from Montana State's D, but it might not appear to be quite as good this week. Should be a good one though.

And now MSU will have a long week, along with a short trip. I'm sure the coaches got started first thing Saturday morning looking at NDSU film before the Bison even kicked off. That 24 hour head start certainly won't hurt.

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2019, 08:53 AM

That's interesting how they can be "buying tickets" when the season ticketholders have until 7AM wednesday to buy tickets so what tickets exactly are they supposedly buying?

wapiti
December 16th, 2019, 08:57 AM
That's interesting how they can be "buying tickets" when the season ticketholders have until 7AM wednesday to buy tickets so what tickets exactly are they supposedly buying?

I would assume seats that are not "owned" by season ticket holders.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 16th, 2019, 09:18 AM
I'll take the Bison here...27-17

Bison have looked vulnerable but playing a division rival is always tough.

Montana State looks liek world beaters but dont let the disguise of who theyve played in these playoffs fool you. They couldnt have had the playoffs fall better for them...2 home games, against two nobody teams from **** conferences. Only one of the teams they played were even ranked inside the top 20.

ElCid
December 16th, 2019, 09:50 AM
And now MSU will have a long week, along with a short trip. I'm sure the coaches got started first thing Saturday morning looking at NDSU film before the Bison even kicked off. That 24 hour head start certainly won't hurt.

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. A little advantage.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 09:55 AM
I'll take the Bison here...27-17

Bison have looked vulnerable but playing a division rival is always tough.

Montana State looks liek world beaters but dont let the disguise of who theyve played in these playoffs fool you. They couldnt have had the playoffs fall better for them...2 home games, against two nobody teams from **** conferences. Only one of the teams they played were even ranked inside the top 20.

APSU did beat the brakes off of a Sac State team that piss pounded the Griz. Ward, I think you're being a little hard on the Beaver...

100%GRIZ
December 16th, 2019, 10:05 AM
I think the defenses on both teams will determine this game along with the crowd. Thus the scale tipped to the Bison!

Bisonator
December 16th, 2019, 10:06 AM
We'll see how much Montana States lines have improved from a year ago. I think the Bison will be able to control both much easier than against ISU. Our running game should get going again and I think the Bobcats will find it a little tougher against the Bison defense than AP. No doubt MSU is better than last year and the Bison not quite as good. That'll be reflected in the score so not expecting another 52-10 beat down, I think the line is about right and 31-14 is pretty accurate prediction.

technocat
December 16th, 2019, 10:18 AM
We'll see how much Montana States lines have improved from a year ago. I think the Bison will be able to control both much easier than against ISU. Our running game should get going again and I think the Bobcats will find it a little tougher against the Bison defense than AP. No doubt MSU is better than last year and the Bison not quite as good. That'll be reflected in the score so not expecting another 52-10 beat down, I think the line is about right and 31-14 is pretty accurate prediction.

As far as defensively last year, our dline was mulch by this game. Tucker Yates was out, Sterk was in a brace and a cast, Jalen Cole or Tyrel Thomas were both out I think, Hill was playing his first game of the year, Collins was sporting two separated shoulders and our depth wasn't near what it is this year. On offense, we were heavily dependent on one player in Andersen. I would take the Cats at +14.5 just because of that. Not sure we've closed the gap enough to beat you at home but I think this game will be exciting to watch all the way to the end.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 10:18 AM

Line is down to 14.5 for the Bison with O/U of 46.5. 31-16 predicted score now. I think I'd still take the Bobcats at that point. If it was 13.5.... IDK. I think a 31-17 type game could very likely happen.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 10:49 AM

Like wapiti said, it's the "single game" tickets that are available to the public. A simple navigation thru your own team's website would have answered your question. Only seats currently available are nose-bleeds in one endzone so a discerning fan would be wise to wait for the unclaimed season tickets to be released. I learned that after the Albany game. Bought good seats (40 yard line, row 16) as soon as they opened. Couple days later, better seats opened. With the lack of available lodging on Friday, we weren't sure if we were going until Thursday so we were able to claim some of the released season tickets. Got row 2 on the 35, right behind the APSU bench. They LOVED me. xlolx

POD Knows
December 16th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Like wapiti said, it's the "single game" tickets that are available to the public. A simple navigation thru your own team's website would have answered your question. Only seats currently available are nose-bleeds in one endzone so a discerning fan would be wise to wait for the unclaimed season tickets to be released. I learned that after the Albany game. Bought good seats (40 yard line, row 16) as soon as they opened. Couple days later, better seats opened. With the lack of available lodging on Friday, we weren't sure if we were going until Thursday so we were able to claim some of the released season tickets. Got row 2 on the 35, right behind the APSU bench. They LOVED me. xlolxYep, there are south endzone tickets available but they are getting bought up, very few left, which is good but you can bet your ass that on Wednesday, there will be some unclaimed reserved tickets available. I think the crowd for this game will be pretty good and MSU has a good following so I expect that there will probably be a couple thousand Bobcatters in the seats.

We ended up needing a couple extra seats for the Nicholls game and bought a few in the end zone section 7, those are pretty good seats. There really isn't a bad seat in the building.

Bison56
December 16th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Going to be a nail biter right down to the end. Bison by 3.

Outsider1
December 16th, 2019, 11:55 AM
I will still take the Bison. This is the type of game I would love to see played at a neutral site without any decisive fan advantage to either side just to see what would happen.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Yep, there are south endzone tickets available but they are getting bought up, very few left, which is good but you can bet your ass that on Wednesday, there will be some unclaimed reserved tickets available. I think the crowd for this game will be pretty good and MSU has a good following so I expect that there will probably be a couple thousand Bobcatters in the seats.

We ended up needing a couple extra seats for the Nicholls game and bought a few in the end zone section 7, those are pretty good seats. There really isn't a bad seat in the building.

I'd expect a decent showing of Bobcat fans. Eastern MT has quite a few MSU fans and Fargo is about the same distance from there as Bozeman is. Add in alumni that live in the Dakotas (for whatever reason) and MSP. Hell, I'd probably make the trek over myself, but trips to Bozeman on back to back weekends, plus X-mas travel next week, followed by a trip to MSP for the Vikings-Bears game (the ladyfriend/parents knocked my 40th B-day gift outta the park!) the weekend after is just too damn much travel.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2019, 12:25 PM

It looks like both lines are playing better for MSU compared to last year.

I want to see if MSU tries to do what Ill State did. Crash the DEs and LBs a lot....Redbirds did it a lot. If they do, I hope Roehl adjusts and not just crash it in the middle for no gain.

Hopefully the Bison use the TEs in this game. I think they were only targeted once and that one was almost picked off.

MSU runs a different type of defense compared to the Redbirds and I think the Bison should be able to move the ball on them.

IBleedYellow
December 16th, 2019, 12:26 PM
They ought to take one of those panorama shots of the seats, find out which Bison fans failed to buy their reserved allotment and pull their tickets. I am only half kidding here. Section 19 across from us last we was about half full.

If your seats are where I think they are that would have been section 17 or 16....

POD Knows
December 16th, 2019, 12:28 PM
I will still take the Bison. This is the type of game I would love to see played at a neutral site without any decisive fan advantage to either side just to see what would happen.Frisco

POD Knows
December 16th, 2019, 12:31 PM
If your seats are where I think they are that would have been section 17 or 16....Yep, sorry, it was the sections to the south of 19, I stand corrected.

Outsider1
December 16th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Frisco

Not what I had in mind. The bison fans always out number and that gives the fan factor an advantage. My wish is more of an experiment than any reality that exists

POD Knows
December 16th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Not what I had in mind. The bison fans always out number and that gives the fan factor an advantage. My wish is more of an experiment than any reality that existsWell, we would outnumber anybody at a true neutral site, hell, we get more people to go to Frisco than we do in our own stadium. Also, I simply do not get the fact that most people on here, that aren't Bison fans, seem to think that the Bison somehow have trouble winning on the road. That is demonstrably false and a lot of the time it seems like the Bison play better on the road.

Mfergy4
December 16th, 2019, 02:55 PM
We sit in Section 8 Row C, that is on the South End Zone (left side of the TV screen); lots of students seats were empty, lots of seating for player parents were empty; top 5 or 6 rows for Sections 7 , 8, 9, were empty. If BisonNation does NOT get their act together it will be a very unfriendly home game. Only games I missed since 2000 was all of 2002 season (deployed for 911) and last year 2 games when I had my knee replaced. I do not want to hear about I can't tickets anymore excuses.

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2019, 03:18 PM
We sit in Section 8 Row C, that is on the South End Zone (left side of the TV screen); lots of students seats were empty, lots of seating for player parents were empty; top 5 or 6 rows for Sections 7 , 8, 9, were empty. If BisonNation does NOT get their act together it will be a very unfriendly home game. Only games I missed since 2000 was all of 2002 season (deployed for 911) and last year 2 games when I had my knee replaced. I do not want to hear about I can't tickets anymore excuses.

Amen

AmsterBison
December 16th, 2019, 03:24 PM
NDSU just announced the sell out... but unclaimed season tickets will be going on sale once that deadline passes so Montana State fans should keep that in mind.

https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/status/1206673902677741575

It's almost like Bison fans have gotten so spoiled that many of us think the real playoffs don't start until the semis.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2019, 03:36 PM
NDSU just announced the sell out... but unclaimed season tickets will be going on sale once that deadline passes so Montana State fans should keep that in mind.

It's almost like Bison fans have gotten so spoiled that many of us think the real playoffs don't start until the semis.
Yeah, these tickets aren't selling this much more quickly just because Montana St fans are buying them. I'm pretty sure there's plenty of front-running Bison fans buying who are going to make their first appearance of the playoffs inside the Fargodome this week. Last year neither of the first two playoff games sold out either and then the semis were a sellout plus standing room.

Outsider1
December 16th, 2019, 04:01 PM
Well, we would outnumber anybody at a true neutral site, hell, we get more people to go to Frisco than we do in our own stadium. Also, I simply do not get the fact that most people on here, that aren't Bison fans, seem to think that the Bison somehow have trouble winning on the road. That is demonstrably false and a lot of the time it seems like the Bison play better on the road.

I wish we had half the amount of excitement Bison fans bring, but you guys are the outlyer for FCS in many things; in a good way.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 04:23 PM

When I looked this morning there weren't very many tickets to sell in the first place. Seemed to me that most are season/student tickets so it'll be interesting to see how many go unclaimed and up for grabs come Wednesday morning and how long they last.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2019, 04:46 PM
A few things from the Entz presser today. ISUr's DC was at Montana State last year, which means they will probably be talkiing. Coby Johnson is good to go. Bison had too many 3rd and longs and even 4th down and long for any chance to go for it.

Loyl2u
December 16th, 2019, 05:00 PM
After watching the replay of games, I think that NDSU will control the lines and has the ability to throw over MSU DB’s, Bison will have more time & be able to open up the offense. MSU doesn’t appear to have the ability to control clock to stay in striking distance. UND lost to Bison by 31 and beat Montana State by 4. It won’t be a 35 point game, but sign don’t point to me to a close game. For additional comparison let’s look at the two teams eliminated by these teams-Austin Peay beat SEMO by 7, got beat by UCA by 8 and lost to Montana State by 10. ISU beat SEMO by 18 and beat UCA by 10 and lost to NDSU by 6. I’m going to say 16 points isn’t out of question, but I’ll say 11 points is about right and a 21-10 game sounds likely. Of course that’s why they play’em.

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 05:16 PM
A few things from the Entz presser today. ISUr's DC was at Montana State last year, which means they will probably be talkiing. Coby Johnson is good to go. Bison had too many 3rd and longs and even 4th down and long for any chance to go for it.

Wrong Montana. Niekamp was DC for the Grizzlies. Last year MSU's DC was Ty Gregorak, who was replaced by former Bobcat and 4-time All American Kane Ioane. If Niekamp wants to have a discussion with our coaching staff, however, I don't think we'd turn him down.

Catbooster
December 16th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Wrong Montana. Niekamp was DC for the Grizzlies. Last year MSU's DC was Ty Gregorak, who was replaced by former Bobcat and 4-time All American Kane Ioane. If Niekamp wants to have a discussion with our coaching staff, however, I don't think we'd turn him down.
So NDSU is preparing to play Montana? xthumbsupx

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Special teams and linebackers.

catbob
December 16th, 2019, 06:03 PM
After watching the replay of games, I think that NDSU will control the lines and has the ability to throw over MSU DB’s, Bison will have more time & be able to open up the offense. MSU doesn’t appear to have the ability to control clock to stay in striking distance. UND lost to Bison by 31 and beat Montana State by 4. It won’t be a 35 point game, but sign don’t point to me to a close game. For additional comparison let’s look at the two teams eliminated by these teams-Austin Peay beat SEMO by 7, got beat by UCA by 8 and lost to Montana State by 10. ISU beat SEMO by 18 and beat UCA by 10 and lost to NDSU by 6. I’m going to say 16 points isn’t out of question, but I’ll say 11 points is about right and a 21-10 game sounds likely. Of course that’s why they play’em.

What about the other common opponent - UC Davis?

Also Montana State beat SEMO by 21, not sure where that fits into your weird transitive property thing you got going.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2019, 06:06 PM

No, they are thinking Illinois St will be talking with Montana St.

cx500d
December 16th, 2019, 06:06 PM
Yes, Montana... let us know if that’s wrong

Catbooster
December 16th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Really? Transitive property?

If you want to compare ISUr to MSU through scores, why not use the more direct link - we both played SEMO. We beat them by 21 in our first game of the season, and you beat them by 18 in the first round of the playoffs. I don't think it means anything, but it's a lot easier and more direct. Or you beat NAU 40-27 and we beat them 49-31.

Or how about Austin Peay beat Eastern Illinois 35-7 and you beat Eastern Illinois 21-3. I guess we should be favored over NDSU by 18?

Most teams' performance has changed over the course of the season. MSU's team has improved quite a bit and seems to be peaking at the right time. Is it enough to beat the Bison? We won't know until Saturday afternoon. They will certainly be favored (as they should be) but I think we have a decent chance of pulling the upset.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2019, 06:18 PM
They ought to take one of those panorama shots of the seats, find out which Bison fans failed to buy their reserved allotment and pull their tickets. I am only half kidding here. Section 19 across from us last we was about half full.I've been saying for a couple years now they should block season ticket holders who request Frisco seats if they didn't buy at least 2 of 3 playoff games.

Catbooster
December 16th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Yes, Montana... let us know if that’s wrong
Not much difference. Wish I was going to the game. I hear your hockey arena is worth checking out when there.

AmsterBison
December 16th, 2019, 06:27 PM
Most teams' performance has changed over the course of the season. MSU's team has improved quite a bit and seems to be peaking at the right time. Is it enough to beat the Bison? We won't know until Saturday afternoon. They will certainly be favored (as they should be) but I think we have a decent chance of pulling the upset.

It should definitely help to have experience playing in the FargoNotAStadium.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Not much difference. Wish I was going to the game. I hear your hockey arena is worth checking out when there.

You will love the Nazi display but you have ask for the special password.

Gil Dobie
I've been saying for a couple years now they should block season ticket holders who request Frisco seats if they didn't buy at least 2 of 3 playoff games.

There are still going to be Season ticket holders with too many Teammakers points to change the order of Frisco Tickets anyway.

cx500d
Yes, our hockey team is ranked #1 currently...wish we still had our woman’s team.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Not much difference. Wish I was going to the game. I hear your hockey arena is worth checking out when there.A little known fact, our hockey game is undefeated as well.

cx500d
December 16th, 2019, 06:32 PM
A little known fact, our hockey game is undefeated as well.
I can’t remember the last time we lost.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2019, 06:35 PM
There are still going to be Season ticket holders with too many Teammakers points to change the order of Frisco Tickets anyway.That's what I'm saying. If you have points and regular season tickets, but didn't buy your season tickets for at least 2 playoff games, you can't request Frisco seats. That's what I would like to see. I know a business owner, has 12 season tickets, doesn't buy a playoff seat and then buys 12 Frisco seats. It's bull****

The Kicker
December 16th, 2019, 06:44 PM
NDSU is running into a dominating Montana State team right now. This is going to be a fun one. Could we see the dome 1/3 full of Montana State fans making more noise???

DUKESALLDAY
December 16th, 2019, 06:45 PM
The only way I see Montana State winning this is if they jump out to an early 2 score lead. Kick return or quick scoring drive and then a pick 6. Chances of that are unlikely though.

cx500d
December 16th, 2019, 06:46 PM
NDSU is running into a dominating Montana State team right now. This is going to be a fun one. Could we see the dome 1/3 full of Montana State fans making more noise???
Not hardly. One tiny section in one corner.

is this juggernaut Montana team running a triple option that is unlike any other?

cx500d
December 16th, 2019, 06:47 PM
The only way I see Montana State winning this is if they jump out to an early 2 score lead. Kick return or quick scoring drive and then a pick 6. Chances of that are unlikely though.
They jumped ahead of us last year

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 06:52 PM
That's what I'm saying. If you have points and regular season tickets, but didn't buy your season tickets for at least 2 playoff games, you can't request Frisco seats. That's what I would like to see. I know a business owner, has 12 season tickets, doesn't buy a playoff seat and then buys 12 Frisco seats. It's bull****

No way. Those that dont buy PO tickets give others a chance to go to games they normally wouldnt have be able to go to. What next///make them buy tickets to wrestling etc etc??

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2019, 06:55 PM
No way. Those that dont buy PO tickets give others a chance to go to games they normally wouldnt have be able to go to. What next///make them buy tickets to wrestling etc etc??I'm not saying you have to buy playoff tickets... I'm saying if you can't support them during a playoff run, you don't get the joy of your seats in Frisco through the school.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 06:58 PM
I'm not saying you have to buy playoff tickets... I'm saying if you can't support them during a playoff run, you don't get the joy of your seats in Frisco through the school.

Thats bull****.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Thats bull****.Why? If you give up your season ticket for the playoffs, shouldn't you give them up for all the playoffs, not just the home ones?

DUKESALLDAY
December 16th, 2019, 07:10 PM
They jumped ahead of us last year

True, I just think that’s a crucial part of having a chance to win. Doesn’t mean they will if that happens. I don’t see them coming behind from 10 or 14 to win.

Schism55
December 16th, 2019, 07:11 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1206720338089971713

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2019, 07:13 PM
I'm not saying you have to buy playoff tickets... I'm saying if you can't support them during a playoff run, you don't get the joy of your seats in Frisco through the school.

No way. If season ticket holders do not buy playoff tickets then so be it. People that cannot get a season ticket then can get a playoff ticket.

Your idea is crap pure and simple.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2019, 07:14 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1206720338089971713

A full loud Dome in the semis will be awesome!!!

xnodx

xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Why? If you give up your season ticket for the playoffs, shouldn't you give them up for all the playoffs, not just the home ones?

Nope. Its their tickets do do with as they choose.

So you would also be a proponent of not letting them renew their season tickets for the next year?

The Kicker
December 16th, 2019, 07:16 PM
A full loud Dome in the semis will be awesome!!!

xnodx

xthumbsupx

Lots of Montana State fans coming!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Lots of Montana State fans coming!

Probably not much over their school allotment. Season tickets that are not sold go on sale tomorrow late, so there will be some more available....maybe.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 07:22 PM
Probably not much over their school allotment. Season tickets that are not sold go on sale tomorrow late, so there will be some more available....maybe.

There was about a hundred left in the end zones last night. They gone by the AM.

The Kicker
December 16th, 2019, 07:25 PM

You do know they can buy any non student or non season ticket right??? They are not limited to the school allotment only.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 07:28 PM
You do know they can buy any non student or non season ticket right??? They are not limited to the school allotment only.

I think you guys snagged at least another 100.

cats2506
December 16th, 2019, 07:28 PM
fake news

ISUr's DC was at Montana 2 years ago

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2019, 07:30 PM
fake news

ISUr's DC was at Montana 2 years ago

Been mentioned several times.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2019, 07:30 PM
You do know that's about 1500 tickets right?

They actually already released about 500 tickets from the student sections on the sale that started Saturday night. I'd expect maybe 1500 more at most on sale Wednesday morning and they'll be at best evenly split amongst NDSU and Montana St fans. I think 2,000 is a pretty generous estimate for Bobcat fans. I would be floored if it's anywhere near a third (which would be 6,000+).

cats2506
December 16th, 2019, 07:31 PM
He probably still wants to know how to stop the Cats on 3rd and 23xnodx

cats2506
December 16th, 2019, 07:37 PM
Been mentioned several times.
just making sure you got the messagexthumbsupx

cx500d
December 16th, 2019, 07:38 PM
How many AGS cats fans are going to be in Fargo?

MSUBobcat
December 16th, 2019, 08:17 PM
A little known fact, our hockey game is undefeated as well.

Ummmmm.... no, it's not. In fact they got crushed 8-0 last night by U of Mary. Little known fact, NDSU has a Division II club hockey team.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2019, 08:30 PM
Nope. Its their tickets do do with as they choose.

So you would also be a proponent of not letting them renew their season tickets for the next year?So you're a proponent of season ticket holders getting to say they aren't coming to the out of conference games but they want to buy their tickets just for MVFC games?

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 09:10 PM
So you're a proponent of season ticket holders getting to say they aren't coming to the out of conference games but they want to buy their tickets just for MVFC games?

Answer the question.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Answer the question.Okay but you never answered when asked why? Which was before you asked me.

Here is my answer. No, I wouldn't punish them for the next season, although, if you give up your regular season seats one year, you do get punished the following...

That said, my explain, it's 2 seasons in essence(even our own marketing department is saying so). You buy regular season, you buy playoffs. You don't get to split hairs and say you only want part of the regular season package because you don't want to watch us play Robert Morris or Missouri State but you want to make sure you get UNI and SDSU. So why get to do that in the playoffs? If you want to give up your "seat" for the playoffs, that's fine. But you don't get to them claim it because we get deeper into the playoffs. That's my personal opinion.

So now you answer the question that you avoided first.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Ummmmm.... no, it's not. In fact they got crushed 8-0 last night by U of Mary. Little known fact, NDSU has a Division II club hockey team.And according to their website, they have somehow won 8 Nattys in hockey, I literally had no idea. :D

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 09:33 PM
Okay but you never answered when asked why? Which was before you asked me.

Here is my answer. No, I wouldn't punish them for the next season, although, if you give up your regular season seats one year, you do get punished the following...

That said, my explain, it's 2 seasons in essence(even our own marketing department is saying so). You buy regular season, you buy playoffs. You don't get to split hairs and say you only want part of the regular season package because you don't want to watch us play Robert Morris or Missouri State but you want to make sure you get UNI and SDSU. So why get to do that in the playoffs? If you want to give up your "seat" for the playoffs, that's fine. But you don't get to them claim it because we get deeper into the playoffs. That's my personal opinion.

No I am not for that but it is an interesting concept but reallydumb as you are going to lose money and butts in the seats.

About 8 years ago I had Packer tickets from a fan who had moved to AZ. The price of the tickets was for the preseason and regular season. I also had the option to buy PO tickets. Even If chose not to buy playoff tickets I had the option to buy Super Bowl tickets if they made it that far.
Its a perk of being a season ticket holder.
Its a perk for donation over time with the accumulation of PPs. Basically if I chose to not go to a playoff game I am allowing you to sit in my seat for that one game. Just as if I bought that ticket and gave it to somebody else. Now because somebody paid me to sit in my seat do they have the right to my Frisco tickets?
F*** NO. I hope explains it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2019, 09:44 PM
Okay but you never answered when asked why? Which was before you asked me.

This is the advantage of being a season ticket holder. I you go to only one playoff game that is your prerogative. The seats can go to someone else.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2019, 09:46 PM
No I am not for that but it is an interesting concept but reallydumb as you are going to lose money and butts in the seats.

About 8 years ago I had Packer tickets from a fan who had moved to AZ. The price of the tickets was for the preseason and regular season. I also had the option to buy PO tickets. Even If chose not to buy playoff tickets I had the option to buy Super Bowl tickets if they made it that far.
Its a perk of being a season ticket holder.
Its a perk for donation over time with the accumulation of PPs. Basically if I chose to not go to a playoff game I am allowing you to sit in my seat for that one game. Just as if I bought that ticket and gave it to somebody else. Now because somebody paid me to sit in my seat do they have the right to my Frisco tickets?
F*** NO. I hope explains it.Fair enough. We disagree. But you were forced to buy preseason which isn't all that far away... Either way, you'll end up with the same number of tickets sold. Prime example, if you think it would turn people away, why didn't the last 2 games sell out?

The concept you are speaking of to me is a seat license. That's becoming more common in pro sports, not sure it's happened in collegiate but that was likely due to the old tax laws that allowed you to deduct 80% of "donations" for tickets but not seat licenses. Now that's gone, it'll be interesting to see if they move to seat licenses.

Anyway, thanks for engaging and giving your perspective. To each their own. My idea is a bit different but different ideas are what makes change happen. Cheers.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2019, 10:04 PM
Fair enough. We disagree. But you were forced to buy preseason which isn't all that far away... Either way, you'll end up with the same number of tickets sold. Prime example, if you think it would turn people away, why didn't the last 2 games sell out?

The concept you are speaking of to me is a seat license. That's becoming more common in pro sports, not sure it's happened in collegiate but that was likely due to the old tax laws that allowed you to deduct 80% of "donations" for tickets but not seat licenses. Now that's gone, it'll be interesting to see if they move to seat licenses.

Anyway, thanks for engaging and giving your perspective. To each their own. My idea is a bit different but different ideas are what makes change happen. Cheers.

Seat licensing has been going on for years. All depends on what you want to call it. There is a percentage of the total cost of tickets that can be deductible if they are used for business entertainment.

You lost me on the above.????

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2019, 11:41 PM
I'm so confused. How many more ways do some NDSU fans wanna **** over season ticket holders? It used to be we should have to forfeit them to larger donors....now we should be forced to fill them at full face for an entire playoff when they dont sell out? Lovely. xlolx

POD Knows
December 17th, 2019, 08:13 AM
I'm so confused. How many more ways do some NDSU fans wanna **** over season ticket holders? It used to be we should have to forfeit them to larger donors....now we should be forced to fill them at full face for an entire playoff when they dont sell out? Lovely. xlolxThe way the playoff tickets are handled now is probably the best way to do it, give the season ticket holders a few days to buy their tickets and then sell them to the general public when they don't buy them. Here is the problem, where the hell are these thousands and thousands of "waiting list" people to snap up these unclaimed playoff tickets? Does it piss me off when a higher % of season ticket holders decide to skip playoff games, yea, it does, but **** happens, but apparently this huge mass of people that can't get season tickets aren't going to the playoff games either or these extra tickets would get bought by Bison fans. I guess it is better to bitch about not being able to get tickets than it is to get off their asses, buy a ticket and go to the game.

Mfergy4
December 17th, 2019, 08:26 AM
I wish we had half the amount of excitement Bison fans bring, but you guys are the outlyer for FCS in many things; in a good way.

Come on up and we will show you a great time in the Tailgating lot...tons and I do mean tons of delicious food. Make a stop at the "Doctor's Office" for the "shot of the day" plus many other fun beverages...

Mfergy4
December 17th, 2019, 08:33 AM
You do know that's about 1500 tickets right?

They actually already released about 500 tickets from the student sections on the sale that started Saturday night. I'd expect maybe 1500 more at most on sale Wednesday morning and they'll be at best evenly split amongst NDSU and Montana St fans. I think 2,000 is a pretty generous estimate for Bobcat fans. I would be floored if it's anywhere near a third (which would be 6,000+).

My son goes to NDSU...reported large line up for student tickets this week...vastly improved over the last two weeks...pray they show up!!!

Mfergy4
December 17th, 2019, 08:41 AM
The way the playoff tickets are handled now is probably the best way to do it, give the season ticket holders a few days to buy their tickets and then sell them to the general public when they don't buy them. Here is the problem, where the hell are these thousands and thousands of "waiting list" people to snap up these unclaimed playoff tickets? Does it piss me off when a higher % of season ticket holders decide to skip playoff games, yea, it does, but **** happens, but apparently this huge mass of people that can't get season tickets aren't going to the playoff games either or these extra tickets would get bought by Bison fans. I guess it is better to bitch about not being able to get tickets than it is to get off their asses, buy a ticket and go to the game.

Hear Ye...Hear Ye!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2019, 08:49 AM
The way the playoff tickets are handled now is probably the best way to do it, give the season ticket holders a few days to buy their tickets and then sell them to the general public when they don't buy them. Here is the problem, where the hell are these thousands and thousands of "waiting list" people to snap up these unclaimed playoff tickets? Does it piss me off when a higher % of season ticket holders decide to skip playoff games, yea, it does, but **** happens, but apparently this huge mass of people that can't get season tickets aren't going to the playoff games either or these extra tickets would get bought by Bison fans. I guess it is better to bitch about not being able to get tickets than it is to get off their asses, buy a ticket and go to the game.

Human nature to butch and complain. This system they have now works pretty well. People that cannot get season tickets have nothing to complain about because they could have easily got tickets for the first two playoff games.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2019, 09:03 AM
My son goes to NDSU...reported large line up for student tickets this week...vastly improved over the last two weeks...pray they show up!!!
Good to hear! I remember last year before the semifinal against SDSU there was reports of big student lines at the Union for playoff tickets but hadn't heard anything yet this week so hopefully that means they can fill up their 3 sideline sections and maybe even the lower part of their 2 endzone sections since I believe all of them have been held so far. I'm guessing student attendance takes a hit from last year just because the game is on Saturday compared to Friday night.

Derby City Duke
December 17th, 2019, 11:14 AM

I found it interesting in how JMU plans to handle their allotment for Frisco -- if they beat WSU this weekend. Duke club member will apply and will get tickets based on their Duke Club priority points. If a Duke Club member gets tix, but doesn't pay for them by the cut-off, they'll lose the tix and 10 priority points per ticket ordered. Given that some will be able to order 8 tickets that's a pretty hefty price to pay.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2019, 11:40 AM
I found it interesting in how JMU plans to handle their allotment for Frisco -- if they beat WSU this weekend. Duke club member will apply and will get tickets based on their Duke Club priority points. If a Duke Club member gets tix, but doesn't pay for them by the cut-off, they'll lose the tix and 10 priority points per ticket ordered. Given that some will be able to order 8 tickets that's a pretty hefty price to pay.

If I remember correctly, each Bison seat can order 12 tickets, in order of priority points. So not a lot of season ticket holders can get tickets, because the team allotment is taken quite quickly.

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2019, 01:18 PM

I'm not thinking that will come into play much. Why would you put yourself on a list for more tickets than you want, especially when it may take away from a fan of your own team that would use it? Given that JMU is favored to win, I'd think fans that have any aspirations whatsoever of going to Frisco are beginning at least preliminary planning for the trip, including getting soft commitments from family/friends who might want to go. Hell, I've even priced out a plane ticket ($309 RT, direct flight), but don't need to worry about tickets/hotels because if we somehow win Saturday, I imagine some availability from Bizun fans.

Buy the tickets you ask for and if someone backs out, that person(s) are responsible for paying for it and eating or reselling the ticket(s). If you aren't sure you can make it, apply for the ticket knowing you may end up eating some cost or don't apply for the ticket. Seems kinda like bidding on multiple items on eBay anticipating someone outbidding you and then, sumbitch, you win all 3.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2019, 03:09 PM
I'm so confused. How many more ways do some NDSU fans wanna **** over season ticket holders? It used to be we should have to forfeit them to larger donors....now we should be forced to fill them at full face for an entire playoff when they dont sell out? Lovely. xlolx

No S****

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2019, 03:12 PM
If I remember correctly, each Bison seat can order 12 tickets, in order of priority points. So not a lot of season ticket holders can get tickets, because the team allotment is taken quite quickly.

I think they whittled that down to 8.

Mfergy4
December 17th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Good to hear! I remember last year before the semifinal against SDSU there was reports of big student lines at the Union for playoff tickets but hadn't heard anything yet this week so hopefully that means they can fill up their 3 sideline sections and maybe even the lower part of their 2 endzone sections since I believe all of them have been held so far. I'm guessing student attendance takes a hit from last year just because the game is on Saturday compared to Friday night.

To help the students since it is finals week...NDSU is offering freeing housing for any students who stay for the game...

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2019, 06:39 PM
I remember back in 1976, Montana St came to town for the DII Semi-Final Grandland Rice Bowl. It was a cold day at Dakotah Field, and the Bobcats left with a 10-3 win, and went on to the DII Championship.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2019, 07:05 PM
I remember back in 1976, Montana St came to town for the DII Semi-Final Grandland Rice Bowl. It was a cold day at Dakotah Field, and the Bobcats left with a 10-3 win, and went on to the DII Championship.
Mike McFeely had an article on inforum talking about the past matchups between these two and brought up that 1976 semi among others: https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4825668-McFeely-NDSU-Montana-State-football-teams-have-long-history

Lorne_Malvo
December 17th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Mike McFeely had an article on inforum talking about the past matchups between these two and brought up that 1976 semi among others: https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4825668-McFeely-NDSU-Montana-State-football-teams-have-long-history

Please dont give McFooley clicks.

NDSUtk
December 17th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Seat licensing has been going on for years. All depends on what you want to call it. There is a percentage of the total cost of tickets that can be deductible if they are used for business entertainment.

You lost me on the above.????I was referring to as an individual tax filer without a business. Until 2018 tax return, the teammaker fee for the seats were deductible at 80% of the "donation". that law has now changed where if you itemize as an individual, donations like the seat fees are no longer deductible at all. There was some concern from big schools on the impact this may have on fundraising as many schools get a huge chunk from these annual "donations". Some schools actually allowed you to pay years in advance in 2017 just so individuals could keep the deduction.

Per this article, https://www.wsj.com/articles/forget-the-playoff-college-footballs-burning-question-is-about-taxes-1542364201

Seat donations can make up half or more of the funds raised by athletic foundations. At the University of Georgia’s athletic foundation, seat donations provided $40 million of $80 million raised for fiscal 2018. At Ole Miss, seat donations raised $20 million out of $31 million in total contributions to its athletic foundation in fiscal 2018.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2019, 07:59 PM
why are you Bison fans so worried about tickets again, didn't POD say there was enough empty seats in the Fargo Dome to open a strip club in the upper levels...

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2019, 08:42 PM
I was referring to as an individual tax filer without a business. Until 2018 tax return, the teammaker fee for the seats were deductible at 80% of the "donation". that law has now changed where if you itemize as an individual, donations like the seat fees are no longer deductible at all. There was some concern from big schools on the impact this may have on fundraising as many schools get a huge chunk from these annual "donations". Some schools actually allowed you to pay years in advance in 2017 just so individuals could keep the deduction.

Per this article, https://www.wsj.com/articles/forget-the-playoff-college-footballs-burning-question-is-about-taxes-1542364201

Seat donations can make up half or more of the funds raised by athletic foundations. At the University of Georgia’s athletic foundation, seat donations provided $40 million of $80 million raised for fiscal 2018. At Ole Miss, seat donations raised $20 million out of $31 million in total contributions to its athletic foundation in fiscal 2018.

Yep. Also did that with property taxes and few other things. So yes Im am familiar with it.

NDSUtk
December 17th, 2019, 08:43 PM
why are you Bison fans so worried about tickets again, didn't POD say there was enough empty seats in the Fargo Dome to open a strip club in the upper levels...You've clearly never been to the one strip club in Fargo... Please don't have a second one

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2019, 08:44 PM
why are you Bison fans so worried about tickets again, didn't POD say there was enough empty seats in the Fargo Dome to open a strip club in the upper levels...

Im not worried at all. Plus I dont give a sh** whether it sell out or not.

cats2506
December 17th, 2019, 08:49 PM
I Listened to that game on the radio

Mfergy4
December 18th, 2019, 07:48 AM
You've clearly never been to the one strip club in Fargo... Please don't have a second one

I second that motion!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Im not worried at all. Plus I dont give a sh** whether it sell out or not.

Same with me. This one should sell out....great!

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 08:11 AM
why are you Bison fans so worried about tickets again, didn't POD say there was enough empty seats in the Fargo Dome to open a strip club in the upper levels...Strip Club/Condo/Man Cave up in section 6. I think this game might actually sell out, could be decent attendance. They would probably only have to get rid of a couple hundred seats to accommodate my pad.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 08:15 AM
Strip Club/Condo/Man Cave up in section 6. I think this game might actually sell out, could be decent attendance. They would probably only have to get rid of a couple hundred seats to accommodate my pad.

Isn't that section where potential recruits sit and family of players?

Maybe that is why there has been empty seats there. Maybe?

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Isn't that section where potential recruits sit and family of players?

Maybe that is why there has been empty seats there. Maybe?There are families in section 5 and 6, this section is usually pretty full but the last home game had a ton of seats at the very top, I bet there were 8 to 10 empty rows, that is when I came up with the condo plan, wipe out those rows and I could probably put in a 1500 to 2000 square foot place but I have to figure out how to get natural light in there, POD Knows needs a window and an elevator.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Choate has all sorts of bulletin board material for MSU now, "COA", "home field noise", "it isn't fair", "equality for all", "parity is purity", I now have MSU 28 NDSU 17 #BOOKIT

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 08:37 AM
MSU's DL is good along with their safeties. LBs are meh, along with the CBs.

Will they run blitz a lot and send extra guys like ISU did? Choate said in his presser about trying to replicate some of what ISU did.

IMO, the Bison offense will move the ball on this defense.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 09:00 AM
MSU's DL is good along with their safeties. LBs are meh, along with the CBs.

Will they run blitz a lot and send extra guys like ISU did? Choate said in his presser about trying to replicate some of what ISU did.

IMO, the Bison offense will move the ball on this defense.

Its pretty tough to read Choate's gameplan from his presser, you have to listen for what he doesn't talk about. In this context, replicate doesn't mean using the exact same scheme, it means getting the same result. Our defense is much more complex than ISU's and will look schematically different.

Bison56
December 18th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Its pretty tough to read Choate's gameplan from his presser, you have to listen for what he doesn't talk about. In this context, replicate doesn't mean using the exact same scheme, it means getting the same result. Our defense is much more complex than ISU's and will look schematically different.

How so?

Winterborn
December 18th, 2019, 10:06 AM

Will be there as well. :D

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Strip Club/Condo/Man Cave up in section 6. I think this game might actually sell out, could be decent attendance. They would probably only have to get rid of a couple hundred seats to accommodate my pad.Its called Pod's Place! Where **** happens and questions remain

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 10:42 AM
How so?
Personnel packages and scheme, both up front and in the backend

catbob
December 18th, 2019, 10:45 AM
The Cats will often use 3 safeties, where Brayden Konkol moves down from his starting SS spot and plays more of a LB/S hybrid. He's played plenty of LB at MSU and is a very good safety - he has the size, toughness and tackling ability to play OLB but the speed and ball hawking instincts to play S. Not sure how we will use him this game but that is a package that has worked well for us.

The Cats continue to surprise me. Against AP we ran some stuff I had never seen before, including a CB blitz that resulted in a sack. Not something I think I've seen this year, we don't typically blitz from the CB spot. We have young coordinators and each one is getting better as the season progresses.

This will be the best, most physical running team we've seen so I'm curious how we try and stop it. The Cats DL is deep and experienced and I haven't seen them wear down once this year, but we haven't played anyone like the Bison.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Looks like only a little over 180 seats available from my quick count. Mostly in section 13. Hopefully MSU fans snapped up a bunch of them when they went on sale this morning. Won't be enough to affect the Bison O, but 15k Bison fans vs. 17k Bison fans will slightly lessen the effect on our offense.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Looks like only a little over 180 seats available from my quick count. Mostly in section 13. Hopefully MSU fans snapped up a bunch of them when they went on sale this morning. Won't be enough to affect the Bison O, but 15k Bison fans vs. 17k Bison fans will slightly lessen the effect on our offense.
I'll make more noise while the Bobcats are on offense than 5 of the wafflers that are/thinking about buying those nosebleeds. :D

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 12:45 PM

As I understood it the allotment to MSU was 500 that you guys sold out right away. If there were 180 available this morning how do you get how do you get that 15k number for Bison Fans. The dome seats just shy of 19K and if you even had 1K which I doubt will happen that leaves a difference of 3K If the game is sold out as I heard then there will be more than 15k Bison fans at the game.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 01:10 PM
As I understood it the allotment to MSU was 500 that you guys sold out right away. If there were 180 available this morning how do you get how do you get that 15k number for Bison Fans. The dome seats just shy of 19K and if you even had 1K which I doubt will happen that leaves a difference of 3K If the game is sold out as I heard then there will be more than 15k Bison fans at the game.

Because, genius, those were the seats still remaining when I looked at the site after the tickets had been up for grabs for 5 hours. One could reasonably infer that there were more tickets available at 7 AM than at noon. I didn't wake up at 6 AM mountain time to see how many tickets were available, nor would I have taken the time to count them all even if I had. So I said HOPEFULLY MSU fans bought a bunch of them when they went on sale.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Because, genius, those were the seats still remaining when I looked at the site after the tickets had been up for grabs for 5 hours. One could reasonably infer that there were more tickets available at 7 AM than at noon. I didn't wake up at 6 AM mountain time to see how many tickets were available, nor would I have taken the time to count them all even if I had. So I said HOPEFULLY MSU fans bought a bunch of them when they went on sale.

Hey genius, I doubt there are 3K kitty fans at this game. 1K would be a generous estimate.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 01:55 PM

I'd be very surprised if there were 1K of their fans.

dewey
December 18th, 2019, 02:10 PM
I'll make more noise while the Bobcats are on offense than 5 of the wafflers that are/thinking about buying those nosebleeds. :DYou god dang right! I will also bring plenty of noise from the top of section 5.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191218/4ad9b9435722bb5d6041ede4ea2c439b.gif

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2019, 02:14 PM
You god dang right! I will also bring plenty of noise from the top of section 5.

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191218/4ad9b9435722bb5d6041ede4ea2c439b.gif

Damn right! There's a reason why, when they have the option, the Bison choose to defend the north goal. Send that opposing offense down towards us in the south endzone early in the game... maybe it's partially due to the student section but I think it's moreso due to us! xdrunkyx

bobcathpdevil56
December 18th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Does having played there last year in playoffs help the Cats with the noise level of the dome?

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:17 PM
How so?
They run a triple defense option that nobody has ever seen before.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Does having played there last year in playoffs help the Cats with the noise level of the dome?The game was over at the end of the 1st quarter, we had the tea and crumpets out by then, the game never got loud.

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:21 PM
Hey genius, I doubt there are 3K kitty fans at this game. 1K would be a generous estimate.
Its the kitties not the Griz, 1K or probably an overestimate

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 02:24 PM

Could very well be. If you had decent reading comprehension you'd understand what "hopefully" meant, but alas.....

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 02:28 PM
They run a triple defense option that nobody has ever seen before.
Never said "nobody has ever seen it before"

Its patterned largely off of the Pete Kwiatkowski / Jimmy Lake defense seen at Washington, our staff has close ties to that staff.

dewey
December 18th, 2019, 02:29 PM
Does having played there last year in playoffs help the Cats with the noise level of the dome?

Maybe or maybe not since that game was over early. If anything MSU got a taste of what it is like to play in the Fargodome against NDSU.

Dewey

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Quite a few tickets left in section 13 and section 30,

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 02:44 PM

Teams usually are better prepared the 2nd go around.

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:45 PM
They'd have more experience if they wouldn't buy out away games....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Could very well be. If you had decent reading comprehension you'd understand what "hopefully" meant, but alas.....

Well, "hopefully" the kitties put in a better effort compared to last year....

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2019, 02:46 PM

xlolxxbowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 02:47 PM

There will be some signs referencing this I'm sure....lol

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 02:49 PM

We also play in Wa-Griz every other year, so it's not like it's something they've never experienced. I'm sure we'll have false starts and some confusion with adjustments at the line, and that's no doubt a testament to the fans. But we're somewhat better situated than a lot of other FCS schools in this aspect.

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Well, "hopefully" the kitties put in a better effort compared to last year....
I'm OK with a 52-10 game.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 02:51 PM
There will be some signs referencing this I'm sure....lol

I hope this promised smack talking at Choate is better than referencing a financial decision made years ago. That's pretty weak sauce.

Chalupa Batman
December 18th, 2019, 02:53 PM

No doubt it will. Being healthier and better than last year will help too.

During this run 2 other teams have visited the Fargodome in back to back years and both had considerably more success the 2nd time around. Georgia Southern scores went from 7-35 to 20-23 and Coastal Carolina scores went from 14-48 to 31-38. Both had leads in the 4th quarter with legitimate shots at winning.

MVFC teams have not had the same success though. 5 times a conference foe has come into the Fargodome 2x in a season and in 4 of those games the margin of victory in the playoffs was larger than the regular season, with the exception being the 2014 game against SDSU where Urzendowski became Legendowski.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 02:54 PM
If you don't like it, then don't put buyout clauses in your home and home contracts, see how that works for you.

Actually I wasn't happy with the buyout either, previous staff took the buyout and sent us to a money game.

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:54 PM
I hope this promised smack talking at Choate is better than referencing a financial decision made years ago. That's pretty weak sauce.
"a" financial decision? MSU weaseled out of two games in Fargo.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 02:56 PM
We also play in Wa-Griz every other year, so it's not like it's something they've never experienced. I'm sure we'll have false starts and some confusion with adjustments at the line, and that's no doubt a testament to the fans. But we're somewhat better situated than a lot of other FCS schools in this aspect.

At least I bet the NODAKS don't throw feces anywayxnodx

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 02:59 PM
At least I bet the NODAKS don't throw feces anywayxnodx
Just buffalo chip frisbees

Catbooster
December 18th, 2019, 03:01 PM
I'm not sure how that would give them more experience since that was what - 8 or 10 years ago? - under a different AD, coach and team. These players were probably in grade school.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 03:03 PM

I have a couple of COA gems ready for Choate.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure how that would give them more experience since that was what - 8 or 10 years ago? - under a different AD, coach and team. These players were probably in grade school.

Well, if the schools ever did another home/home, the 1st game would be in Fargo.

Catbooster
December 18th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Well, if the schools ever did another home/home, the 1st game would be in Fargo.
That's fine. Whatever they negotiate for the contract (a lot of North Dakotans don't seem to understand contracts very well).

FWIW, hardly any of the MSU fans liked Peter Fields' decision to buy out that game. I certainly didn't. It didn't seem like the FBS money game paid all that much once you deducted the buy-out, etc. But then again, I don't need to balance the athletics budget.

Anyway, it's ancient history everywhere but Fargo.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 03:31 PM
I have a couple of COA gems ready for Choate.

I look forward to him cowering from your epic taunts. He'll probably need therapy after the thrashing you send his way!!

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 03:35 PM
"a" financial decision? MSU weaseled out of two games in Fargo.

When was the 2nd? I honestly only recall one. And barely at that, but I get over things a tad quicker than the Bizuns; y'all are worse than a woman with bringing up ancient history.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 03:37 PM
When was the 2nd? I honestly only recall one. And barely at that, but I get over things a tad quicker than the Bizuns; y'all are worse than a woman with bringing up ancient history.

it was rescheduled once, then canceled. in bozonese that is 2

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 03:43 PM

In January of 2007, the Bobcats bought out of the tail end of a home-and-home contract that had the Bison playing in Bozeman in 2007. The 2013 game was signed in 2009 when NDSU announced it was playing the Bobcats in 2013 and the University of Montana in 2014 and 2015.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 03:45 PM
In January of 2007, the Bobcats bought out of the tail end of a home-and-home contract that had the Bison playing in Bozeman in 2007. The 2013 game was signed in 2009 when NDSU announced it was playing the Bobcats in 2013 and the University of Montana in 2014 and 2015.
the 2007 game was rescheduled per the contract until a later date, in 2009 it was scheduled for 2013, in 2013 it was bought out.

Mfergy4
December 18th, 2019, 03:50 PM
You god dang right! I will also bring plenty of noise from the top of section 5.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191218/4ad9b9435722bb5d6041ede4ea2c439b.gif

Dewey

We will be sounding the Bull Charge from Section 8 along with 6flags Tailgating....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2019, 03:54 PM
I look forward to him cowering from your epic taunts. He'll probably need therapy after the thrashing you send his way!!

He probably will if he is a snowflake.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2019, 04:01 PM
He probably will if he is a snowflake.

Hold your breath for it to happen. Please.

cats2506
December 18th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Is there another game this week, I swear that WSU vs JMU has almost fallen off the front page

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Is there another game this week, I swear that WSU vs JMU has almost fallen off the front page

Who?

cx500d
December 18th, 2019, 04:21 PM
B-Oline - Are you guys hiring a band for tailgate?

POD Knows
December 18th, 2019, 04:31 PM

31278Hey, they had a band for one of the tailgates a while back.

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Hey, they had a band for one of the tailgates a while back.They did? When was that and/or how much did I have to drink? I thought we had our own a capela group when jag shots were passed around but an actual band, I do not remember that.

POD Knows
December 19th, 2019, 10:19 AM
They did? When was that and/or how much did I have to drink? I thought we had our own a capela group when jag shots were passed around but an actual band, I do not remember that.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkPL would know but they had a band in the Horny Bison tailgate area. It might have been the first UND game a couple years back, I remember it was really nice outside.

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2019, 10:20 AM
PL would know but they had a band in the Horny Bison tailgate area. It might have been the first UND game a couple years back, I remember it was really nice outside.Ah. That was one of the few games I've missed since 2010. Had my grandfather's funeral that same day so I was not there.

cx500d
December 19th, 2019, 11:11 AM
PL would know but they had a band in the Horny Bison tailgate area. It might have been the first UND game a couple years back, I remember it was really nice outside.

These guys?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 19th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Is there another game this week, I swear that WSU vs JMU has almost fallen off the front pageThat will be the only close game

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 19th, 2019, 11:35 AM
These guys?
31282Nope, don't know who those guys are.

Lorne_Malvo
December 19th, 2019, 12:25 PM
PL would know but they had a band in the Horny Bison tailgate area. It might have been the first UND game a couple years back, I remember it was really nice outside.

Island Time Band from DL?

4:20 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-NsDL1i8A

POD Knows
December 19th, 2019, 01:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-NsDL1i8ANo, the band was a rock band/southern rock/three piece deal I think. I am 99% sure that the band was in BisonOline's tailgating group. I video'd a couple songs and now I can find the videos.

catbob
December 19th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Wish I could make it out to this one! I'd like to meet and interact with Bison fans in person...

Mfergy4
December 19th, 2019, 02:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9-NsDL1i8A

Ah reminders me of Sigma Nu from back in the 80's.......thank you for the fond memories.

Alright, time to start slinging the hash. Not even going to discuss the MSU Coach presser...that is not relevant to the game really...heard the same speech from SDSU earlier this year, not enough $$$, yatta yatta...ancient history.

Let's start in the trenches...NDSU is facing another 3-4 defense, seems FCS is in love with lately. Will MSU pull a page from ISUr defensive play book and gambling blitzing from every corner of the field in hopes of slowing the Bison offense? It worked for ISUr. IMO, your D-Line is not ISUr's D-Line and blitzing would probably get you into more trouble than its worth. Face it NDSU played it very conservative last week knowing ISUr Offense was very one dimensional and knowing our Defense would not let ISUr into the end zone. I expect a much different offense approach this week. MSU D-Line is very light, quick yes, but not build for the punishing conference that NDSU plays in. MSU O-Line looks good against BSC opponents, can they handle a stronger and more athletic D-Line which the Bison will field? They did not last time they played and there appears not have been much change in playing philosophy there.
Linebackers...MSU graded out in the middle of the pack this season, NDSU's just reloaded with a Sophomore Middle Backer and moved Cox to Strong Backer position. Although Cox has not been as dominate stats wise this season, but mainly that is because OC's are scheming their plans to avoid him. I gotta believe that MSU's L-back away from the play will be busy crashing down trying to do what ISUr's backers and CB's were doing. But again, ISUr's D-Line allowed that work only because they stacked everything up.
Running Backs. There something to be said for having 3 running back over 600 yards of rushing each (902+, 700+ & 650+) and the QB having over 850+ rushing yards. MSU has two running backs, one with 850+yards and one with 750+ and one WR with 425+ yards of rushing. The MSU QB has a total of 50 Yard rushing...bacon on a stick for the NDSU D-line there. This points the all important TOP stats which means the a lot in the play-offs.
Wide Receivers. MSU's top 5 WR each have over 100 yards of receiving (825+, 530+, 310+, 195+ and 125+) below that all the other receivers have well under a 100-yards. NDSU's top5 receivers are some what comparable in yardage (640+, 525+, 385+, 180+, and 175+) BUT after that you have still have another receiver with 145+ and 4 more with between 75 and 100 yards of receiving. Lots of work for the DB and Safeties on both sides. But wait...
Lets compare the QB's - MSU 159 completed out of 257 throws for 1819 yards; NDSU 171 out of 256 for 2491 yards. Something weird here....is not MSU a throwing team?? You know spread them out and do the RPO stuff.
Looking just at these status would say NDSU has big advantage, yet after the last couple of week of subpar offensive performance there maybe a chance for the MSU team...
Oh wait, you say, what about the DB and Safeties...looking at the stats there.. MSU has giving up 3334 (113th in FCS) yard of passing this season. NDSU has giving up only 1863 (4th FCS) yards this season. You could argue that is because of the offense style each conference plays in. So lets look at the rushing stats, MSU has only given up 1500 yards of rushing (23 in FCS) while NDSU has given 1886 (60th) yards. So totals Yards given up is MSU 4834 (76th in FCS) and NDSU 3749 (14th In FCS) Oh Oh, some one has a better defense overall. So How are they on the rest of the stats....MSU allows 20.6 points per game (18th in FCS) & NDSU allows 11.6 per game (1st in FCS); TD's per game: MSU gave up 36 TD (36th in FSC) and NDSU gave up 16 (2nd in FCS); How about Field Goals: MSU gave up a whopping 6 FG's (13th in FCS) while NDSU gave up 14 (102nd in FCS).. Looking at that MSU gives up TDs while NDSU gives up FGs...if that is the case it is suddenly looking bleak for MSU. TDs flat out bet FGs when scoring points. When it comes down to it MSU is giving up an average of 345 yard per game (29th in FCS) while NDSU is giving up 267 yard per game (2nd in FCS).
Looks to be a good game but also looks like NDSU should win.

catbob
December 19th, 2019, 03:07 PM
This stat doesn't have huge merit, but I think it's worth noting. Since that loss to Sac State, MSU's starting defense has allowed 58 points over the next 7 games, which is 8.29 PPG. Obviously there are plenty of other ways to score than pure offense vs. defense but it highlights the level the guys are playing at right now:

UND - 10
UNC - 0
SUU - 0
UCD - 17
UM - 14
Albany - 7
AP - 10

Two obvious things here - that isn't a super rough schedule, and obviously the UND game was a loss and a low point, but we've made some adjustments since then (moving coaches from the box to the field, more creative playcalling) and plus getting Isaiah Ifanse back has really helped the offense. After the UND game the closest score was 14 against AP.

But the Cats haven't faced an offense like NDSU's, no doubt. No way we hold them to under 14 IMO even at the level they've been playing at.

that guy
December 19th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Let's hope NDSU remembers they have tight ends to pass to on Sat.; otherwise if WSU wins it could be a BSC championship game in Frisco.

Mfergy4
December 19th, 2019, 03:39 PM
This stat doesn't have huge merit, but I think it's worth noting. Since that loss to Sac State, MSU's starting defense has allowed 58 points over the next 7 games, which is 8.29 PPG. Obviously there are plenty of other ways to score than pure offense vs. defense but it highlights the level the guys are playing at right now:

UND - 10
UNC - 0
SUU - 0
UCD - 17
UM - 14
Albany - 7
AP - 10

Two obvious things here - that isn't a super rough schedule, and obviously the UND game was a loss and a low point, but we've made some adjustments since then (moving coaches from the box to the field, more creative playcalling) and plus getting Isaiah Ifanse back has really helped the offense. After the UND game the closest score was 14 against AP.

But the Cats haven't faced an offense like NDSU's, no doubt. No way we hold them to under 14 IMO even at the level they've been playing at.

NDSU:
NDSU/Butler 57/10 Win
NDSU/UND 38/8 Win
NDSU/Delaware 47/22 Win
NDSU/ UC Davis 27/16 Win
NDSU/ISUr 37/3 Win
NDSU/UNI 46/10 Win
NDSU/Missouri 22/0 Win
NDSU/SDSU 23/16 Win
NDSU/YSU 56/17 Win
NDSU/W Ill St 57/21 Win
NDSU/SIU 21/7 Win

Many of these games had third string players playing in the 4th quarter which allowed the opposition to score. BUT this is Post season and all the regular season stats are really moot point as this is a win or done show now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2019, 06:52 PM
The closer this game gets, the more I think it will be an easier win for the Bison than many think on here.

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2019, 06:57 PM

:D

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2019, 06:59 PM
They did? When was that and/or how much did I have to drink? I thought we had our own a capela group when jag shots were passed around but an actual band, I do not remember that.

You werent around then.

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2019, 07:04 PM

Yes we did. That was some time ago. Pretty sure its a local band. I do know that they have played at Ricks or Specks .

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2019, 09:44 PM
You werent around then.

Ah ok.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2019, 11:51 PM
The closer this game gets, the more I think it will be an easier win for the Bison than many think on here.

I think you are correct

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 06:22 AM
That's what you said for the ISUr game

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 06:28 AM

It was....ISU didn't score a TD!

xnodx

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2019, 06:30 AM
Haha, the further away we get from that offensive performance against ISUr the better I feel too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 06:36 AM
Haha, the further away we get from that offensive performance against ISUr the better I feel too.

The OL was not happy with their performance. Safe to assume they come out and play significantly better for this game....xnodx

Bison56
December 20th, 2019, 06:58 AM
I just hope the Bison can keep it close, this will be the best team they have played in 10 years.xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 07:06 AM
Watched some more of MSU's highlights:

IMO, their 2 best playmakers are Kassis and Jonsen. Troy Anderson get a lot of admiration but these 2 guys are very good playmakers. The Bison need to contain these 2 players.

And for NDSU: Run some 1st down play action passes or other short range passes. If MSU is going to try and replicate some of ISU's defensive strategy, then back them off the line of scrimmage with some early down passes. A gap power always on 1st down is not good IMO. Sometimes is takes the passing game to open up the run game.....

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2019, 07:15 AM
The OL was not happy with their performance. Safe to assume they come out and play significantly better for this game....xnodx
I think so too. I'm sure they've seen enough bad film this week from that game to last them a long time.

And for NDSU: Run some 1st down play action passes or other short range passes. If MSU is going to try and replicate some of ISU's defensive strategy, then back them off the line of scrimmage with some early down passes. A gap power always on 1st down is not good IMO. Sometimes is takes the passing game to open up the run game.....
Yep, don't get into a dick swinging contest with your play calling. This is something Messingham avoided that his predecessor Polasek did not. Roehl got into that Polasek rut last week instead of taking what the defense was giving. Hopefully he has a better game calling plays this week as well.

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 07:55 AM
I’m counting on you, BFNWMN. I’m at Reagan airport In the admirals club waiting for my flight to Fargo.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 07:57 AM
I’m counting on you, BFNWMN. I’m at Reagan airport In the admirals club waiting for my flight to Fargo.....

When have I been wrong about he Bison bud?

xnodx:D

I must be batting around .998%.....:D

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 07:59 AM

Win wise you’ve been right the last 2 years...scores have been a bit iffy as of late

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Win wise you’ve been right the last 2 years...scores have been a bit iffy as of late

Win pretty or win ugly.....

You brining your A game for cheering tomorrow?

xdontknowx

xthumbsupx

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Win pretty or win ugly.....

You brining your A game for cheering tomorrow?

xdontknowx

xthumbsupx
Of course...I have room in my luggage too....xthumbsupx

cx500d
December 20th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Had to come in person because I wasn’t sure I could see the game on tv

https://www.inforum.com/news/fires/4830075-23M-trailer-for-national-Bison-football-broadcast-damaged-in-Moorhead-fire

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2019, 08:53 AM
I think so too. I'm sure they've seen enough bad film this week from that game to last them a long time.

Yep, don't get into a dick swinging contest with your play calling. This is something Messingham avoided that his predecessor Polasek did not. Roehl got into that Polasek rut last week instead of taking what the defense was giving. Hopefully he has a better game calling plays this week as well.Roehl did an excellent job of causing me to snap during the game last week. We do not need another version of that.

Redbird 4th & short
December 20th, 2019, 03:05 PM

As the AGS resident number formatting expert, I will need to QA your post. You do realize .998% is just below 1%, and not 100% ??

p.s. if you want references, start with Preferred Walkon .. he comes to me for all his math needs xcoffeex

https://images3.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED447/583b39298baca.jpeg
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjI762SkMXmAhXCJzQIHdUUC60QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.memedroid.com%2Fmemes%2Fdeta il%2F1906898&psig=AOvVaw17a7EAQ5EhEPukR0SZDd1U&ust=1576962183115210)

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2019, 03:16 PM

You coming to tailgate?

MSUBobcat
December 20th, 2019, 03:40 PM
As the AGS resident number formatting expert, I will need to QA your post. You do realize .998% is just below 1%, and not 100% ??

p.s. if you want references, start with Preferred Walkon .. he comes to me for all his math needs xcoffeex

(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjI762SkMXmAhXCJzQIHdUUC60QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.memedroid.com%2Fmemes%2Fdeta il%2F1906898&psig=AOvVaw17a7EAQ5EhEPukR0SZDd1U&ust=1576962183115210)

I haven't seen a ton of his predictions, but slightly less than 1% accuracy wouldn't shock me....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 03:52 PM
You coming to tailgate?

Yep, I'll stop by your tailgate!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 03:55 PM
I haven't seen a ton of his predictions, but slightly less than 1% accuracy wouldn't shock me....

This game is an easy prediction. You making the trip over here to watch your team lose?

MSUBobcat
December 20th, 2019, 04:05 PM
This game is an easy prediction. You making the trip over here to watch your team lose?

A trip to Fargo in December? Meh... not what I consider a vacation destination.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2019, 04:16 PM
A trip to Fargo in December? Meh... not what I consider a vacation destination.

Who said anything about a "vacation".....

Billings to Fargo.....easy drive on 94.

MSUBobcat
December 20th, 2019, 04:46 PM
Who said anything about a "vacation".....

Billings to Fargo.....easy drive on 94.

16 hour drive roundtrip requiring 2 nights in a hotel. That's either a work trip or a vacation by most standards. Either way, unfortunately no I'm not making the trek. I would love to be there, but it's just way too much time, effort and money for a 3 hour football game and some tailgating. In a different year, it would be something I'd consider but this weekend is going to be my only weekend home in the month of December combined with a midweek 6 hour roundtrip drive for Christmas. Combined with the fact that we're big underdogs, coming home with a L would really put a sour note on the whole trip and even if we pull the improbable upset, I then also have to spring for travel to Frisco (no way I could miss us in the championship). Even if we were big favorites, with our other travel plans this year being highly out of norm, I still probably wouldn't be able to pull the trigger. Almost ANY other year would have worked out better.

TennBison
December 20th, 2019, 05:20 PM
16 hour drive roundtrip requiring 2 nights in a hotel. That's either a work trip or a vacation by most standards. Either way, unfortunately no I'm not making the trek. I would love to be there, but it's just way too much time, effort and money for a 3 hour football game and some tailgating. In a different year, it would be something I'd consider but this weekend is going to be my only weekend home in the month of December combined with a midweek 6 hour roundtrip drive for Christmas. Combined with the fact that we're big underdogs, coming home with a L would really put a sour note on the whole trip and even if we pull the improbable upset, I then also have to spring for travel to Frisco (no way I could miss us in the championship). Even if we were big favorites, with our other travel plans this year being highly out of norm, I still probably wouldn't be able to pull the trigger. Almost ANY other year would have worked out better.

Made the trip from Fargo to Frisco for my second trip to the Championship. Left Fargo Friday afternoon, got there two hours before the game. Left one hour after and drove back with a 2 hour power nap at a rest area and was back Sunday at noon. No hotel stays.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2019, 05:44 PM

not true for baseball

Chalupa Batman
December 20th, 2019, 06:03 PM
not true for baseball

In baseball they don't put the "%" after average, slugging, etc. So .998% isn't the same as say, batting .998.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/d2YVk2ZRuQuqvVlu/giphy.gif

MSUBobcat
December 20th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Made the trip from Fargo to Frisco for my second trip to the Championship. Left Fargo Friday afternoon, got there two hours before the game. Left one hour after and drove back with a 2 hour power nap at a rest area and was back Sunday at noon. No hotel stays.

Dude..... see, that's what qualifies as "not a vacation".... xbowx

I did halfheartedly consider leaving after work today, maybe stay at the sister's in Washburn or aunt/uncle in Jamestown then stay Saturday. No tickets available helped the decision a bit.

dewey
December 20th, 2019, 09:55 PM
Dude..... see, that's what qualifies as "not a vacation".... xbowx

I did halfheartedly consider leaving after work today, maybe stay at the sister's in Washburn or aunt/uncle in Jamestown then stay Saturday. No tickets available helped the decision a bit.

There are always tickets available. It is just a matter of how much one person wants to pay.

Dewey

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2019, 10:05 PM
There are always tickets available. It is just a matter of how much one person wants to pay.

Dewey

Actually if they really want to go all they have to is look.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2019, 05:21 AM
Semi Final Game Day is finally here!!

Bison roll to Frisco with a balanced offensive attack and a smothering defense.

Bison win 38-10

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2019, 05:26 AM
It's game day pukes.

dewey
December 21st, 2019, 06:19 AM
Hell yeah! Gameday is here!

Time to crank the noise up in the Fargodome to 11.

My prediction
NDSU 27
MSU 13

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191221/f3a2a876b69a1f0dc37a0cb69e5938fa.gif

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191221/39e03bddb7d2b15b9d1a96fd37127640.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191221/232a7d9f7148ad5bdbb9d61aa383b689.gif

Bison56
December 21st, 2019, 09:55 AM
My face starting at 1pm today.

93henfan
December 21st, 2019, 10:20 AM
Let's go Bobcats!

Hoping for a big day for the Big Sky in both semis. Need some new blood in Frisco to make it somewhat compelling and watchable.

POD Knows
December 21st, 2019, 10:27 AM
I was just informed that the only reason NDSU beat UND is because UND had their second string QB playing. My confidence is shattered, MSU 31 NDSU 14 #BOOKIT

Schism55
December 21st, 2019, 11:58 AM
I was just informed that the only reason NDSU beat UND is because UND had their second string QB playing. My confidence is shattered, MSU 31 NDSU 14 #BOOKIT

Schism55
December 21st, 2019, 12:05 PM
Phoenix Sproles is out today ugh

Bisonator
December 21st, 2019, 12:09 PM
Bison dominate the kitties 42-17! GO BISON!!!

Drblankstare
December 21st, 2019, 12:09 PM
Uh oh, the dreaded college basketball lead in. See you guys with 8 minutes left in the 1st qtr

MSUBobcat
December 21st, 2019, 12:21 PM
Uh oh, the dreaded college basketball lead in. See you guys with 8 minutes left in the 1st qtr

Mother****er....

Drblankstare
December 21st, 2019, 01:04 PM
ESPNU to start because of the b-ball game

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 01:05 PM
All green today. I kind of like it.

X-Factor
December 21st, 2019, 01:07 PM
Quick 3 n out for MSU

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 01:14 PM
It’s looking like a heavy dose of the QB run today.

X-Factor
December 21st, 2019, 01:19 PM
7:36 Q1
7-0

X-Factor
December 21st, 2019, 01:24 PM
Rovig is really having a rough start. He’s nearly thrown 3 picks and this is only 2nd offensive series

Chalupa Batman
December 21st, 2019, 01:25 PM
This is a big drive for the MSU defense.

Redbird 4th & short
December 21st, 2019, 01:32 PM
Lance should have checked down to RB on that 3rd an 7

POD Knows
December 21st, 2019, 01:33 PM
Lot of receivers running wide open for NDSU.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2019, 01:39 PM
skor has the NcA&t game on both there link and this link..... you get what you pay for

Grizalltheway
December 21st, 2019, 01:47 PM
We might have a game here.

jadmt
December 21st, 2019, 01:47 PM
wow

X-Factor
December 21st, 2019, 01:52 PM
12:34 Q2
14-7

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2019, 01:52 PM
2nd time Watson has torched the guy on him. Bison are 1 for 2 on taking advantage of it.

Christiank22
December 21st, 2019, 01:54 PM
How in the hell did Montana state make the semifinal? They’re terrible

X-Factor
December 21st, 2019, 01:55 PM
How in the hell did Montana state make the semifinal? They’re terrible

A quick look at their opponents is all you need. This game is over

X-Factor
December 21st, 2019, 01:57 PM
Yep. Over
10:51 Q2
21-7