PDA

View Full Version : Buck Buchanan Award Any thoughts on who will win this?

BigGrizz
December 10th, 2019, 02:49 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20191210114236928370204&ref=rec&tm&src=FCS&fbclid=IwAR2SRiq_y3PhrCRI57L0FokifQUS9DImw-XsJuvblTSv1t2G1Py-gG04XA4

thebootfitter
December 10th, 2019, 02:51 PM
I think either Olson or Laiche. Or Carter. Not sure which one though. xlolx

clenz
December 10th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Strange that Elerson G Smith finished a head of Rozeboom of SDSU when I was told that Smith, without question, was the single most overrated defender in the country.

fencer24
December 10th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Beyond the measurables, Dante Olson is the best choice for his scholarly aptitude and general niceness to all not on the field. Plus, his speed sideline to sideline and ability to make the tackle no matter the aspect of the ball carrier.

Silenoz
December 10th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Give it to Olson to make up for last year ;)

McNeese75
December 10th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Laiche

POD Knows
December 10th, 2019, 05:26 PM
Strange that Elerson G Smith finished a head of Rozeboom of SDSU when I was told that Smith, without question, was the single most overrated defender in the country.He is overrated, big time overrated and it was I that said it. I don't care where he finished, he is soft, useless against the run and a marginally decent pass rusher against inferior competition. He might not even be the best D end on your team. I am sorry I am just not seeing it, maybe I am missing something. The D Lineman for Nichols, Laiche is a far bigger impact player than Smith, ask a Bison O lineman, they will set you straight. I don't know, I have been wrong before but I like watching defense and I can generally know who has the goods but the experts like him so that is what is important.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Olson, but there are a lot of pretty good names on there.

uni88
December 10th, 2019, 06:10 PM
He is overrated, big time overrated and it was I that said it. I don't care where he finished, he is soft, useless against the run and a marginally decent pass rusher against inferior competition. He might not even be the best D end on your team. I am sorry I am just not seeing it, maybe I am missing something. The D Lineman for Nichols, Laiche is a far bigger impact player than Smith, ask a Bison O lineman, they will set you straight. I don't know, I have been wrong before but I like watching defense and I can generally know who has the goods but the experts like him so that is what is important.

You're going to love Kayvon Thibodeaux with Oregon next year. He's a more athletic and younger version of Ellerson G. Smith.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2019, 07:05 PM
You're going to love Kayvon Thibodeaux with Oregon next year. He's a more athletic and younger version of Ellerson G. Smith.I have watched Oregon play a couple times this year, he is pretty good and a freshman I think. Oregon is a different football team than they used to be, they are a lot more physical and I think the Bison are going to have trouble with them. I know this sounds arrogant but when NDSU played ISU and Iowa, I fully expected them to win, same if the Gophers, but I think Oregon is a different animal. Really good team speed and they show up on defense now.

KnightoftheRedFlash
December 10th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Should have been Da'Jon Lee

Herdistheword
December 11th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Strange that Elerson G Smith finished a head of Rozeboom of SDSU when I was told that Smith, without question, was the single most overrated defender in the country.

Technically him being higher on the awards list might give credence to the overrated argument. I mean a guy like Jeremiah Briscoe won the Payton award twice and he might be the poster child for overrated. Where you finish on these lists sometimes says more about the voters than it does the players.

POD Knows
December 11th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Technically him being higher on the awards list might give credence to the overrated argument. I mean a guy like Jeremiah Briscoe won the Payton award twice and he might be the poster child for overrated. Where you finish on these lists sometimes says more about the voters than it does the players.Watch the Bison game against UNI and watch the left side of our O line and Smith and then watch every other UNI game and watch Smith, he is a ONE down Defensive End and only plays when it is a pass play. He is grossly overrated.

MTfan4life
December 11th, 2019, 07:56 PM
For an award that seems to be pretty dominated by statistics, I'm quite surprised to see Bryce Sterk of Montana State so low. He was second in the country in sacks during the regular season, and it wasn't one of those cases where he loaded up against the weaker teams. He had 6.5 sacks against teams who eventually made the playoffs. I guess the tackles for loss category was the much larger signifier in the rankings. I also thought Tuszka would be a finalist. That guy is a menace.