PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Celebration Bowl 2019 (Aggies v. Braves Pt. 3)

WestCoastAggie
December 8th, 2019, 10:29 AM
I figure I start this poll and thread.

Two questions here, if you care.

1. Who wins?
2. Should the winner be crowned the HBCU National Champ?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 11:14 AM
I haven't watched Alcorn but I have A&T and they are a decent team.

They have been the cream of the crop in the MEAC/SWAC for a few years and I think they will continue this year. A&T wins this. Now for the HBCU title? No clue how that will go.

WileECoyote06
December 8th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Go Alcorn!

Panther88
December 8th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Go Alcorn!

Foul lol xlolx.

LetsGoPeay
December 8th, 2019, 05:06 PM
This is Alcorn's year, in my opinion. NCAT looked shaky at times this season, in the games I've seen highlights of.

FAMU can claim stake to nothing. I don't care what BOXTOROW says. They simply want to keep the "power" of claiming a Black National Football Champion.

The SWAC and MEAC should simply start referring to that trophy as such. No one will care what the Black media sites say. Let them crown a champion other than the Celebration Bowl winner, if they want. No one other than the school that receives their "championship", will honor it.

WestCoastAggie
December 8th, 2019, 05:37 PM
This is Alcorn's year, in my opinion. NCAT looked shaky at times this season, in the games I've seen highlights of.

FAMU can claim stake to nothing. I don't care what BOXTOROW says. They simply want to keep the "power" of claiming a Black National Football Champion.

The SWAC and MEAC should simply start referring to that trophy as such. No one will care what the Black media sites say. Let them crown a champion other than the Celebration Bowl winner, if they want. No one other than the school that receives their "championship", will honor it.

I can't argue with this take.

R.A.
December 8th, 2019, 10:27 PM
Alcorn.

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2019, 09:53 AM
Can we add “FCS loses because the MEAC & the SWAC don’t send their Champions to the FCS Playoffs” as a choice in this poll?

Professor
December 9th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Celebration Bowl: Alcorn State vs. North Carolina A&T
https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2016.png?w=110&h=110https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2448.png?w=110&h=110
(Noon on ABC at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta)
The teams meet in a bowl for the second consecutive season after North Carolina A&T prevailed 24-22 last year. Expect another close game, but North Carolina A&T is a bit more balanced overall, as a dynamic pass rush featuring end Devin Harrell (http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4248641/devin-harrell) and many others pressures talented Braves quarterback Felix Harper (http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4051442/felix-harper) into some mistakes. Jah-Maine Martin (http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4052014/jah-maine-martin) rushes for three touchdowns as the Aggies triumph.
Prediction: North Carolina A&T 28, Alcorn State 20

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28226028/picks-predictions-every-college-football-bowl-game-including-national-championship

ASU33
December 9th, 2019, 10:25 AM

Bingo!

A&T AGGIE96
December 9th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Go Alcorn!

Man you know you wrong for that...it’s MEAC vs SWAC. I know it’s a rivalry thing but when nccu was playing Grambling in the CB I wanted central to win...now when you lost, I clowned the hell out of every eagle I knew but IJS.

Anyway...fugg you birds...we hate you too LOL !!

DeltaDevil662
December 9th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Alcorn is brigning something into this game that they didn't have in the previous two: an accurate passer who can throw the ball deep. Harper has shown that he can be rattled (Grambling, first half against Southern, first half against Valley) so if A&t can get pressure, they win

If they don't, Alcorn will win. I'm picking Alcorn

A&T AGGIE96
December 9th, 2019, 11:11 AM
I think it will be a close game...and with that said I have to go with my AGGIES. The biggest question is which A&T team will show up!

“T” will have plenty of time to plan, practice, prepare...we will be all healed up from the regular season.

There’s a lot of excitement in the AGGIE Nation right now and you can see that in the ticket sales. I can hardly wait to get to Atlanta !

Anthony215
December 9th, 2019, 01:42 PM
I'm in the minority and think if Alcorn wins the game they should be BCNC but if the Aggies win then FAMU should be BCNC since they will be the team with the best record in all of Black College Football at the FCS level and I'm certain they would handle D2 schools Bowie State (11-1) and Miles (9-3).

ASU33
December 9th, 2019, 07:59 PM
I like the Braves in this one!

mvfcfan
December 10th, 2019, 07:17 AM
I thought winning the bowl made you the HBCU Nat'l Champs???

Also while I think that the MEAC and SWAC should be excluded from the playoffs, I also think that Hampton and TN State should be excluded from winning the HBCU Crown if winning the Bowl doesn't make you the champs.

WestCoastAggie
December 10th, 2019, 08:01 AM
I thought winning the bowl made you the HBCU Nat'l Champs???

Also while I think that the MEAC and SWAC should be excluded from the playoffs, I also think that Hampton and TN State should be excluded from winning the HBCU Crown if winning the Bowl doesn't make you the champs.

The Black Press that select the BCF National Champion are financially tied into the Celebration Bowl to make that distinction. They also don't care about NCAA violations and some of the voters feel that in order for a true HBCU Champion to take place, TSU and Hampton need to play a "full HBCU" schedule.

These same polls may also look at D-2 Bowie State who won the CIAA as the BCF champion.

In other words, it's a big mess.

Anthony215
December 10th, 2019, 10:46 AM
The Black Press that select the BCF National Champion are financially tied into the Celebration Bowl to make that distinction. They also don't care about NCAA violations and some of the voters feel that in order for a true HBCU Champion to take place, TSU and Hampton need to play a "full HBCU" schedule.

These same polls may also look at D-2 Bowie State who won the CIAA as the BCF champion.

In other words, it's a big mess.

I agree its a big mess and while logic says most years the D2 HBCU with the best record would stand no chance against the FCS HBCU that wins the Celebration Bowl, it's always that one year where you have a team like Tuskegee or Winston Salem State who goes undefeated in regular season play including knocking off their FCS non league game (Alabama State/NC Central) and can legitimately say they should be BCF champions.

Professor
December 10th, 2019, 12:38 PM
I agree its a big mess and while logic says most years the D2 HBCU with the best record would stand no chance against the FCS HBCU that wins the Celebration Bowl, it's always that one year where you have a team like Tuskegee or Winston Salem State who goes undefeated in regular season play including knocking off their FCS non league game (Alabama State/NC Central) and can legitimately say they should be BCF champions.

Both of those schools have fallen off tremendously. But to your point , those D2 schools will be ok

WileECoyote06
December 10th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Man you know you wrong for that...it’s MEAC vs SWAC. I know it’s a rivalry thing but when nccu was playing Grambling in the CB I wanted central to win...now when you lost, I clowned the hell out of every eagle I knew but IJS.

Anyway...fugg you birds...we hate you too LOL !!
I was cool with the MEAC love until two years ago when your students held up signs saying “Where’s Central?” So yeah, although I don’t think Alcorn has your level of talent and face a tough road, ... go Alcorn! Screw you dirt eating mongrels !

WestCoastAggie
December 11th, 2019, 08:18 AM
I was cool with the MEAC love until two years ago when your students held up signs saying “Where’s Central?” So yeah, although I don’t think Alcorn has your level of talent and face a tough road, ... go Alcorn! Screw you dirt eating mongrels !

Don't forget the 45-0 signs last year. Also, expect to see a 54-0 sign this year plus signs for FAMU with a big ol' *! xrotatehx

Professor
December 11th, 2019, 09:08 AM

Bwhahaha yea those were funny. It's because we are rivals. I supported Central when they went to the CB. And then laughed when they lost

WestCoastAggie
December 11th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Bwhahaha yea those were funny. It's because we are rivals. I supported Central when they went to the CB. And then laughed when they lost

I cheered for Grambling.

A&T AGGIE96
December 11th, 2019, 11:55 AM

It wasn’t that they lost, it was how they lost...I could watch that over and over again...I don’t know which one I like more their loss in the CB or when BCU gets the Hail Mary with no time on the clock.

I’m still waiting for someone to sell some 54-0 t-shirts LOL !!

The birds I know won’t even look me in the face...the hate is real. It’s not even fun picking on them...wait, wait, yes it is...fugg central !!!

bonarae
December 15th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Bumping this up... have you ever seen any lines for this game?

tierre
December 16th, 2019, 04:46 AM

Majority have NCAT winning by 2-7 points. One have Alcorn winning by 1

Professor
December 16th, 2019, 10:27 AM
I just don't see this closeness. This will be the best defense Alcorn has faced. A&T is ranked as a top 5 FCS Defense. And Alcorn gives up a lot of yards on the ground. Which is A&T's strong suit. Aggies by 17

tierre
December 16th, 2019, 10:39 AM
I just don't see this closeness. This will be the best defense Alcorn has faced. A&T is ranked as a top 5 FCS Defense. And Alcorn gives up a lot of yards on the ground. Which is A&T's strong suit. Aggies by 17

The same defense that was ranked in the top 10 in defense but got ran all over for over 300 yards on the ground and over 400 yards total last year. Y’all have trouble stopping the pass

Professor
December 16th, 2019, 10:54 AM
The same defense that was ranked in the top 10 in defense but got ran all over for over 300 yards on the ground and over 400 yards total last year. Y’all have trouble stopping the pass

Lol but we won. And actually were up 17 to 6 and started to celebrate. We took our foot off the gas. That won't happen when we go up this year

Professor
December 16th, 2019, 12:06 PM
What Alcorn D has given up this year

vs PVA&M 321 pass yards , 187 rushing

vs MVSU 162 passing , 145 rushing

vs Bama St 191 passing , 67 rushing

vs SSU 87 passing , 175 rushing

Vs SU (1st) 209 passing , 75 rushing

vs Grambling 269 passing , 133 rushing

vs AAMU 272 passing , 259 rushing

vs JSU 140 passing , 6 rushing

vs SU (2nd time) 168 passing , 251 rushing

I posted these stats to show that Alcorn D gives up tons of yards. Aggies should hit at least 500

ASU33
December 16th, 2019, 12:35 PM

Alcorn State -3 according to ESPN

Professor
December 17th, 2019, 03:24 PM
GREENSBORO — It’s almost time for A&T’s annual football game in Atlanta. The MEAC champs are headed back to the Celebration Bowl, a game the Aggies appear destined to play year-in and year-out.

No one talks about A&T going to the NCAA playoffs any more. That’s a waste of time and money. The Celebration Bowl pays, and the dividends are about much more than football.

This is a national game, broadcast on ABC. The audience of more than 2.3 million in 2018 exceeded viewership of 13 FBS bowl games, the two FCS semifinals and the FCS national championship, according to Sports Media Watch. The Celebration Bowl is about exposure, not just for the football program but for the band, for the city and the university, from the athletics department to the science and engineering departments.

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/columns/ed-hardin-celebration-bowl-is-about-more-than-football-for/article_02751338-da9e-5a4b-af01-b09c5a6dc2b5.html