PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Portal?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

acbearkat
June 10th, 2021, 08:47 AM
He thought it was located in Portland, Maine.

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catbooster
June 12th, 2021, 03:53 PM
I'm disappointed we won't have Connor Wood this year, but hope he lands at a good spot. He took advantage of the pandemic pause and finished his undergrad degree. Now he's a grad transfer with two years left.
He accepted an offer from Missouri. Hope he does great there.

acbearkat
June 14th, 2021, 02:03 PM
Sam Houston picks up a graduate transfer from Charleston Southern in Prince Howard-Whitaker.

Prince Howard-Whitaker on Twitter: "Proud to announce that I have committed to play my last year of eligibility at my great grandfather’s alma mater🙏🏾🙏🏾 Charleston ➡️Huntsville Edit:@ddondoe https://t.co/nbRbmEzv61" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/thatfuture50/status/1403831275656466433)

FUBeAR
June 14th, 2021, 06:23 PM
Sam Houston picks up a graduate transfer from Charleston Southern in Prince Howard-Whitaker.

Prince Howard-Whitaker on Twitter: "Proud to announce that I have committed to play my last year of eligibility at my great grandfather’s alma mater Charleston ➡️Huntsville Edit:@ddondoe https://t.co/nbRbmEzv61" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/thatfuture50/status/1403831275656466433)
* The Citadel

https://citadelsports.com/sports/football/roster/prince-howard-whitaker/6437

Libertine
June 14th, 2021, 09:20 PM
Yeah, those two things are very different. One is actually in Charleston and has a rich and storied tradition both academically and athletically while the other is Charleston Southern.

FUBeAR
June 15th, 2021, 06:09 AM
Yeah, those two things are very different. One is actually in Charleston and has a rich and storied tradition both academically and athletically while the other is Charleston Southern.
Hmmm…you must be confusing The Citadel with The College of Charleston :)

SHSU90
June 15th, 2021, 02:32 PM
The Citadel transfer is actually heading to Huntsville Alabama to play for Alabama A&M

acbearkat
June 15th, 2021, 02:41 PM
The Citadel transfer is actually heading to Huntsville Alabama to play for Alabama A&M

The Katfans.com Twitter account retweeted the tweet, so I assumed it was Sam Houston.

FUBeAR
June 15th, 2021, 04:18 PM
The Katfans.com Twitter account retweeted the tweet, so I assumed it was Sam Houston.
No worries. The way things are going with kids these days, he may play for The Citadel, Charleston Southern, Sam Houston, Alabama A&M, and even The College of Charleston before it’s all over.

lionsrking2
June 21st, 2021, 12:15 AM
Southeastern Louisiana adds the following transfers to 2021 roster:

Brennon Dingle, WR, 5-10, 180, Sr. U-Mass/UTSA
Maurice Massey, WR, 6-4, 185, R-Fr. Missouri
Chinedu Ogbonna, LB, 6-2, 225, Sr. U-Mass
Brandon Barbee, CB, 5-11, 180, Jr. Morehead State
Calvin Watson, DB, 5-10, 180, R-Fr. Grambling
Spencer Owens, TE, 6-5, 250, R-Jr. Western Kentucky
Nolan Givan, TE, 6-3, 260, Sr. San Diego State/Ball State
Sci Martin, DE, 6-3, 250, Sr. Missouri
Nelson Jenkins, DT, 6-4, 300, So. LSU (Enrolled in spring)

Transferred out:

Marcus Cooper, RB
Matt DeBlaiso, TE

Daytripper
June 21st, 2021, 04:11 PM
Southeastern Louisiana adds the following transfers to 2021 roster:

Brennon Dingle, WR, 5-10, 180, Sr. U-Mass/UTSA
Maurice Massey, WR, 6-4, 185, R-Fr. Missouri
Chinedu Ogbonna, LB, 6-2, 225, Sr. U-Mass
Brandon Barbee, CB, 5-11, 180, Jr. Morehead State
Calvin Watson, DB, 5-10, 180, R-Fr. Grambling
Spencer Owens, TE, 6-5, 250, R-Jr. Western Kentucky
Nolan Givan, TE, 6-3, 260, Sr. San Diego State/Ball State
Sci Martin, DE, 6-3, 250, Sr. Missouri
Nelson Jenkins, DT, 6-4, 300, So. LSU (Enrolled in spring)

Transferred out:

Marcus Cooper, RB
Matt DeBlaiso, TE

It is crazy how many transfers are happening everywhere. All programs will have to adapt to the new reality, but the successful ones will have to have a plan and stick to it.

lionsrking2
June 21st, 2021, 09:57 PM
It is crazy how many transfers are happening everywhere. All programs will have to adapt to the new reality, but the successful ones will have to have a plan and stick to it.

The recruiting model moving forward for most FCS schools will likely be heavy FBS/FCS/D-2 transfer, with multiple years of eligibility (preferably 3 or more years), and high school kids who can come in and play immediately. Redshirting high school kids will be risky because you may never get anything out of them before they bolt for greener pastures. Transfers of all stripes — assuming 4 to 4 — will have used their one-time transfer so they will be in heavy demand.

I was told that a rule has been passed that mandates that every school's game tape has to be uploaded on HUDL each week and available for all schools to watch and evaluate. Schools with budgets to hire personnel to comb through HUDL will have an advantage in the transfer wars. It's a whole new world, for better or worse.

bonarae
June 21st, 2021, 10:48 PM
I was told that a rule has been passed that mandates that every school's game tape has to be uploaded on HUDL each week and available for all schools to watch and evaluate. Schools with budgets to hire personnel to comb through HUDL will have an advantage in the transfer wars. It's a whole new world, for better or worse.

Source? A new NCAA rule? Ivies will be disadvantaged once more as the exodus impacts us through graduate transfers... xsmhx

Libertine
June 21st, 2021, 11:27 PM

First, you're confusing two separate things. Yes, Hudl has the market nearly cornered on high school recruit footage but the rule you're referring to is specific to the Southland Conference and in-conference game film exchange. It has nothing at all to do with the NCAA or recruiting. The Southland uses Hudl as its primary method of exchange -- and has for several years, it's not new -- so the conference does require that all member schools upload all of their own game footage so it can be accessible to the other conference schools for game scouting and gameplan prep. The Hudl brand name stands out here because, for most people, Hudl is synonymous only with recruiting and because the vast majority of other conferences and schools in D1 use a different software called Dragonfly Storm for the purpose of game film exchange; the Southland is a bit of an outlier, however, and chose Hudl because it is significantly less expensive than Dragonfly in terms of site license cost and it requires virtually no IT infrastructure which, incidentally, is also the reason that Hudl is so popular with high schools in the first place. Again, this has nothing whatsoever to do with recruiting either of transfers or of high school seniors and, even if it were, the NCAA has no standing to dictate what video platforms or recruiting services that schools must use.

Second, you may not know who they are and their names may not show up on the team website but every school already has multiple people whose job it is to comb through recruit footage. Video is an integral part of the recruiting process and has been for decades, going back from Hudl to DVD's to VHS tapes to 16mm film before that. Also, the practice of going through recruit video is not done blindly. College coaches and recruiting staffs are well aware of players that they want to target well before they ever turn on the game film. They use the film to confirm interest, eliminate interest, or break a tie between recruitable players. But, it would be wildly inefficient for any coaching staff to hire someone to sit in front of a computer and just randomly click links.

Milktruck74
June 22nd, 2021, 05:42 AM
The recruiting model moving forward for most FCS schools will likely be heavy FBS/FCS/D-2 transfer, with multiple years of eligibility (preferably 3 or more years), and high school kids who can come in and play immediately. Redshirting high school kids will be risky because you may never get anything out of them before they bolt for greener pastures. Transfers of all stripes — assuming 4 to 4 — will have used their one-time transfer so they will be in heavy demand.

This will absolutely change the face of FCS recruiting. At our level we have always recruited for the future, and that is going to have to change. You have top get production out of a kid THIS season, because he may not be around next year. We've always recruited the late bloomer, or developing talent in hopes of letting them have a year or two to mature (especially OL and DL kids). THe undersized kid that was overlooked, that adds 30# of muscle in the freshman year is the FCS bread and butter...but that kid is not going to get picked up now. With only 63 shots, FCS coaches cant afford to take too many chances, and now with the transfer rule, they can afford to take even less.

100%GRIZ
June 22nd, 2021, 09:12 AM
This will absolutely change the face of FCS recruiting. At our level we have always recruited for the future, and that is going to have to change. You have top get production out of a kid THIS season, because he may not be around next year. We've always recruited the late bloomer, or developing talent in hopes of letting them have a year or two to mature (especially OL and DL kids). THe undersized kid that was overlooked, that adds 30# of muscle in the freshman year is the FCS bread and butter...but that kid is not going to get picked up now. With only 63 shots, FCS coaches cant afford to take too many chances, and now with the transfer rule, they can afford to take even less.

It will also go both ways - Very talented kids will also be jumping up like Toure from Montana to Nebraska! Will be interesting to see how he does this year!

lionsrking2
June 22nd, 2021, 09:45 AM
Source? A new NCAA rule? Ivies will be disadvantaged once more as the exodus impacts us through graduate transfers... xsmhx

My source is an FCS head coach.

Milktruck74
June 22nd, 2021, 10:54 AM
It will also go both ways - Very talented kids will also be jumping up like Toure from Montana to Nebraska! Will be interesting to see how he does this year!

Exactly my point. If this isn't addressed soon, the FCS will be relegated to a farm system for FBS schools.

Anthony215
June 22nd, 2021, 11:51 AM
Exactly my point. If this isn't addressed soon, the FCS will be relegated to a farm system for FBS schools.

I see the G5 schools as more of a farm system for P5 schools than the FCS schools. True the top talent FCS players will be poached away but not nearly at the rate of say a kid at Boise State, Houston, Cincinnati, App State, UCF, BYU, Liberty, etc... FCS top players will probably need 2-3 years of great film where G5 players who play on conference championship contending teams can have 1-2 years of great film and get the first offer. As previously stated by another poster this just means FCS coaches will be more leary to play freshman early on to preserve keeping them longer. G5 coaches are going to play young guys as they're looking for that NY6 bowl bid which leads to P5 HC opportunities. At least it's only a one time transfer and be eligible immediately rule so no bouncing around year to year for most kids unless they drop down which in turn benefits the FCS teams.

ST_Lawson
June 22nd, 2021, 03:38 PM

Just saw a relevant tweet listing the top 10 most popular destinations for 1164 transfer commits this season. I don't know if this is good or bad for the schools on this list, but there's a couple of FCS ones there: #1 is Jackson State and #9 is my own Leathernecks.

https://twitter.com/CoachSpil/status/1407421249765187585

McNeese72
June 23rd, 2021, 08:02 AM
With the portal and all the NCAA news lately, all I will say is that the rich schools will get richer and the poor schools will get poorer.

Doc

Anthony215
June 23rd, 2021, 08:16 AM
With the portal and all the NCAA news lately, all I will say is that the rich schools will get richer and the poor schools will get poorer.

Doc

I can agree with this. Look at WVU which lost their star DB to Georgia and that kid is only staying in Athens for one year before turning pro and entering the 2022 NFL Draft. Then look at Temple which lost a ton of players to P5 programs this past offseason. FCS wise even Villanova took a loss losing 3 key players to UCLA, Iowa State & Virginia Tech.

Daytripper
June 23rd, 2021, 09:13 AM
I can agree with this. Look at WVU which lost their star DB to Georgia and that kid is only staying in Athens for one year before turning pro and entering the 2022 NFL Draft. Then look at Temple which lost a ton of players to P5 programs this past offseason. FCS wise even Villanova took a loss losing 3 key players to UCLA, Iowa State & Virginia Tech.

There are still always going to be good players available for all schools. It will just be a different process by which they arrive at their destination. The P5s have always gotten the best players initially in the high school recruits. They will still get those and and a few more with the new transfer rules. But remember, there is still a scholarship limit. The addition of transfers mean another P5 players will be displaced. That player will end up somewhere, either in another P5 or a G5 or FCS. And so on...

caribbeanhen
June 23rd, 2021, 12:20 PM
There are still always going to be good players available for all schools. It will just be a different process by which they arrive at their destination. The P5s have always gotten the best players initially in the high school recruits. They will still get those and and a few more with the new transfer rules. But remember, there is still a scholarship limit. The addition of transfers mean another P5 players will be displaced. That player will end up somewhere, either in another P5 or a G5 or FCS. And so on...

this makes sense

bonarae
June 23rd, 2021, 05:26 PM

xoutofrepx

etiger
June 23rd, 2021, 06:52 PM
Towson has a load of Transfers for this year

DARIEN REYNOLDS - Linebacker - Gardner-Webb University

DJ PRATT - Cornerback - Virgina

VINCENT AMENDOLA - Quarterback - North Carolina

MARK COLLINS JR. - Cornerback - South Dakota

CHARLES PEEPLES - Cornerback - Reedley College

MAKAI SELF - Cornerback - Penn State University

TATAH NJOKA - Cornerback - Glenville State College

MATTHEW AKUCHIE - Widereceiver - Florida Atlantic

MICHAEL ROBINSON JR. - Linebacker - Ball State

MARCUS JOYNER - Tight End - Old Dominion

MASON CHOLEWA - Defensive Line - JMU

CHRIS FERGUSON - Quarterback - Liberty University

CLAYTON HARRIS - Kicker/Punter - University of Connecticut

JERRY HOWARD JR. - Running Back- Georgia Tech

ELORM LUMOR - Linebacker - Rutgers University

AMIR MURRAY - Linebacker - Eastern New Mexico University

OLYFRIDE OKOMBI - Defensive Line - Kent State University

TRAMAR REECE - Defensive Line - Indiana University

Tribe4SF
June 24th, 2021, 06:17 AM

Wow! Looking at the Towson roster about 1/3 of your players are transfers. Will be interesting to see how this works out.

KPSUL
June 24th, 2021, 07:44 AM

Did you have a team bus crash?

Anthony215
June 24th, 2021, 08:02 AM

When you look at the schools their transfers came from they have a equally balanced mixture of transfer up as well as lateral transfers. I count 3 lateral transfers, and 3 transfer ups. Then they nabbed 7 players from G5 schools, and 5 players from P5 schools. If Chris Ferguson doesn't win the starting job I know he will be questioning leaving Liberty where he was still getting time as the backup QB and playing for a NY6 Bowl bid this upcoming season.

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 24th, 2021, 08:34 AM
There is no way a team will have long term success with taking 18 transfers like Towson has done. As a new recruit you will never know where you stand as you progress thru the program knowing that at any point a transfer can come and take your spot. This is such a dynamic situation but think the schools that take a limited amount of transfers will be better in long term success. I also realize that this season coming off Covid every school has a boatload of things to address as far as who is returning and who is not.
Will players like Fergie playing for their 3rd school start to be a norm, sure hope not!!!

McNeese72
June 24th, 2021, 09:18 AM
I was not only talking about the portal but the "pay the players" can of worms that is starting to open.

Doc

JALMOND
June 24th, 2021, 01:56 PM
Portland State picks up QB Jaden Casey from Cal.

https://247sports.com/college/california/Article/Former-Cal-QB-Jaden-Casey-lands-at-Portland-State-166932652/

kdinva
June 24th, 2021, 02:47 PM
VMI's All SoCon DB A J Smith doing his grad/COVID year at U. Richmond

100%GRIZ
June 24th, 2021, 05:36 PM
Portland State picks up QB Jaden Casey from Cal.

https://247sports.com/college/california/Article/Former-Cal-QB-Jaden-Casey-lands-at-Portland-State-166932652/
Always enjoy the competition!

Milktruck74
June 24th, 2021, 06:48 PM
I was not only talking about the portal but the "pay the players" can of worms that is starting to open.

Doc

This too...at what point does a Coach like Saban work a deal with a big time booster to pay for a kid's college if the kid makes a few appearances for him? And now, Saban just got his 86th scholly....Bear Bryant had limited scholarships too, but he had 3 schollarships on the swim team, and 4 on the track team, 2 on the baseball team....The SCOTUS ruling opens up a whole new can of worms....and the NCAA can do nothing about it!!! Those that have the resources will play that system.

acbearkat
June 29th, 2021, 08:41 AM
Alabama A&M adds Tacorey Turner who transfers in from West Viriginia.

BDNRecruiting on Twitter: "#BDN welcome new CB Tacorey Turner to the hill ⭐️⭐️⭐️ https://t.co/JjlrR5xlcv" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/AamufbR/status/1409648271820148743)

acbearkat
June 29th, 2021, 08:43 AM
Alabama A&M also added Trenell Troutman, a defensive back who is transferring in from Louisville.

BDNRecruiting on Twitter: "BDN welcome @FlyyNell to the Hill ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ https://t.co/v37CyDgCJd" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/AamufbR/status/1397007226871730176)

- - - Updated - - -

Maine linebacker Deshawn Stevens is headed to West Virginia.

NCAA Transfer Portal on Twitter: "Maine transfer LB Deshawn Stevens committed to West Virginia late last night @rivalsmike @WVSportsDotCom @rivalskeenan" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1409857169676197889)

acbearkat
June 29th, 2021, 08:44 AM
Eastern Washington added Ryan Kelley from Arizona State as a grad transfer.

NCAA Transfer Portal on Twitter: "Arizona State transfer QB Ryan Kelley committed to Eastern Washington #FCS @DevilsDigest" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1409211594916208644)

acbearkat
June 29th, 2021, 08:46 AM
Alabama A&M added yet another defensive back, this time Spencer Perry, who transfers in from Northern Iowa after transferring to UNI from Norte Dame.

NCAA Transfer Portal on Twitter: "Northern Iowa transfer DB Spencer Perry (initially signed with Notre Dame) has committed to Alabama A&M" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1409857676352294912)

acbearkat
June 29th, 2021, 10:16 AM
I found this article on Friday from the 247 Sports website regarding the transfer portal. There are many kids who are either impatient, or just flat out get bad advice before entering the portal.

The perils of the transfer portal: Purgatory is a very real thing (247sports.com) (https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-transfer-portal-numbers-2021-166942564/)

Here's an audio recording of the author of the article talking about the story:

The transfer portal doesn't always lead to the desired destination (247sports.com) (https://247sports.com/Video/10453532/)

Professor
June 29th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Alabama A&M added yet another defensive back, this time Spencer Perry, who transfers in from Northern Iowa after transferring to UNI from Norte Dame.

NCAA Transfer Portal on Twitter: "Northern Iowa transfer DB Spencer Perry (initially signed with Notre Dame) has committed to Alabama A&M" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/RivalsPortal/status/1409857676352294912)

Bama A&M is preparing to play FAMU and JSU with those receivers

Tribe4SF
June 29th, 2021, 12:50 PM
W&M adds the following transfers for 2021.

QB Kevin Doyle from University of Arizona
QB Cole Northrup from Lafayette College
CB Tate Haynes from Boston College
WR Josh Guilford from Florida International

Milktruck74
June 30th, 2021, 11:23 AM
I found this article on Friday from the 247 Sports website regarding the transfer portal. There are many kids who are either impatient, or just flat out get bad advice before entering the portal.

The perils of the transfer portal: Purgatory is a very real thing (247sports.com) (https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-transfer-portal-numbers-2021-166942564/)

Here's an audio recording of the author of the article talking about the story:

The transfer portal doesn't always lead to the desired destination (247sports.com) (https://247sports.com/Video/10453532/)

I know the world has long since passed me by, but if I was still playing and thinking about finding a new home....there is no way in hell I'm getting near the portal unless I have a solid lock on a destination. For most coaches, once you enter, you are done. They don't want you back (not saying it can't happen...but it is unlikely)...so if you don't have a place lined up, and you walk out....you may be sitting at home in the fall. I know the NCAA doesn't allow coaches to contact or recruit players if they are other rosters and not in the portal, but these kids have a network of guys they have camped with or played HS with, or their HS coach can reach out...there are ways of having something lined up before you put your name in the hat. If you got nowhere to go after entering the portal, you either aren't as good as you think you are....or someone gave you some bad advice.

Sonic98
July 8th, 2021, 07:11 PM
Bama A&M is preparing to play FAMU and JSU with those receivers

They better

lionsrking2
July 9th, 2021, 07:43 PM
Southeastern Louisiana adds former U Missouri LB, Gerald Nathan, 6–1, 210, R-So. Nathan have three years eligibility remaining and is the third Missouri Tiger to transfer to SLU this off-season, joining WR Maurice Massey and DE, Sci Martin.

https://mutigers.com/sports/football/roster/gerald-nathan--jr-/7967

https://247sports.com/Player/Gerald-Nathan-Jr-90585/

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/missouri-tigers-linebacker-gerald-nathan-jr-stands-at-his-position-picture-id1040019878

Tribe4SF
July 21st, 2021, 05:59 AM
W&M picks up a fifth transfer in CB Tye Freeland from Howard University.

Libertine
July 21st, 2021, 11:35 AM
I know the world has long since passed me by, but if I was still playing and thinking about finding a new home....there is no way in hell I'm getting near the portal unless I have a solid lock on a destination.
Unless you're transferring as a non-athlete, that's not really an option. Until you're in the portal, no other schools, coaches or agents of same are allowed to even talk to you -- about ANYTHING -- without risking a tampering charge.

caribbeanhen
August 15th, 2021, 08:23 AM
I can’t believe RB Will Knight has not landed somewhere, he is a serious talent but must be viewed as high risk at this point

bonarae
August 15th, 2021, 08:25 AM
I can’t believe RB Will Knight has not landed somewhere, he is a serious talent but must be viewed as high risk at this point

D-II? Laker, come please help us? xchinscratchx

Anthony215
August 16th, 2021, 09:31 AM
D-II? Laker, come please help us? xchinscratchx

I thought he landed at Western Illinois? I just checked their roster and I see he must have been offered for the 2022 season. He's currently saying he's a JUCO graduate this December so I'm assuming he accepted the Garden City Community College offer. He does have a Wagner offer so if it was about stepping up in competition as his reason for leaving Delaware this was definitely a bad decision. Sometimes these players get bad advice from handlers, other times they get black balled when they leave their school looking for better opportunities. I know a kid who balled out at a ACC school, never got the PT he expected, had good grades and entered the portal, was signing with an SEC school until the day before he arrived the coach recruiting him informed him that someone at his school told the boosters he was a problem child, bad student and teammate and they wouldn't approve his scholarship so he has been out of football for 3 years now and probably done.

caribbeanhen
August 16th, 2021, 09:36 AM
I thought he landed at Western Illinois?

unconfirmed rumor he in the “ there’s no place like home“ state but I haven’t seen proof

Libertine
August 17th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Update on ex-NDSU QB Zeb Noland:

After initially hanging up his cleats and taking a GA position with South Carolina, Noland has un-hung(??) said cleats. It seems the Gamecocks presumptive starter went down with a foot injury in practice last week and the depth behind him was a true freshman, a walk-on and a 5th year transfer from St. Francis. Noland, as pretty much the only person in the 803 area code with remaining college eligibility and actual game experience, was quickly fitted for pads and is now in the mix to play vs. E Illinois on Sept. 4.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article253546169.html

clenz
August 17th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Well, at least EIU is his skill level so he shouldn't be too out of his depth at that point.

Tribe4SF
August 17th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Kevin Doyle, QB from Arizona who transferred to W&M in July is back in the portal.

Milktruck74
August 18th, 2021, 06:08 AM
Unless you're transferring as a non-athlete, that's not really an option. Until you're in the portal, no other schools, coaches or agents of same are allowed to even talk to you -- about ANYTHING -- without risking a tampering charge.

This rule is the NCAA's version of HIPPA. Coaches can't directly talk to kids, but they have 90 proxys....kids talk to kids....hey coach do you have a spot for my friend....I'm not saying it is a HArd and Fast offer, but they could have a solid idea before they took the plunge.

MR. CHICKEN
August 18th, 2021, 07:37 AM
I thought he landed at Western Illinois? I just checked their roster and I see he must have been offered for the 2022 season. He's currently saying he's a JUCO graduate this December so I'm assuming he accepted the Garden City Community College offer. He does have a Wagner offer so if it was about stepping up in competition as his reason for leaving Delaware this was definitely a bad decision. Sometimes these players get bad advice from handlers, other times they get black balled when they leave their school looking for better opportunities. I know a kid who balled out at a ACC school, never got the PT he expected, had good grades and entered the portal, was signing with an SEC school until the day before he arrived the coach recruiting him informed him that someone at his school told the boosters he was a problem child, bad student and teammate and they wouldn't approve his scholarship so he has been out of football for 3 years now and probably done.

.....'CORDIN' TA TRESOLINI/NEWS JOURNAL..DIS AM.....HE IS @.....GARDEN CITY COLLEGE,KANSAS....."ONE OF NATION'S TOP JUNIOR COLLEGE PROGRAMS, IN APPARENT BID TO EARN A SPOT AT AN FBS SCHOOL"......AWK!

KPSUL
August 18th, 2021, 10:18 AM
Kevin Doyle, QB from Arizona who transferred to W&M in July is back in the portal.

"They who live by the portal, die by the portal"

Winston Churchill 1937 (or maybe that was Port Hole?)

Professor Chaos
August 31st, 2021, 09:40 AM
Zeb Noland, your week 1 starting QB for the South Carolina Gamecocks. xdontknowx

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32119289/grad-assistant-zeb-noland-start-quarterback-south-carolina-gamecocks-sources-say

Reign of Terrier
August 31st, 2021, 10:04 AM
As a USC graduate (not undergrad, mind you), I can assure you this has more to do with how bad things are down there lol