PDA

View Full Version : Pat Sullivan

dungeonjoe
December 1st, 2019, 06:27 PM
In the middle of this playoff excitement, let us remember Coach Pat Sullivan, his family and the Samford University community. Coach Sullivan coached the Bulldogs from 2006 to 2014.

Laker
December 1st, 2019, 07:06 PM
In the middle of this playoff excitement, let us remember Coach Pat Sullivan, his family and the Samford University community. Coach Sullivan coached the Bulldogs from 2006 to 2014.

Just think of how Auburn has gone from celebration for beating Bama to mourning for their Heisman trophy QB overnight. I remember watching him play in college- already gone at 69.

SU DOG
December 1st, 2019, 07:23 PM

Thank you for posting. It is quite a sad day for Samford Fans. I believe that Coach would be fine with me saying that smokeless tobacco is NOT harmless tobacco. The price that his body paid for cancer treatment, especially radiation, just weighed heavy until it finally took its toll.
It would be very hard to find anybody that would say a single bad word about Pat Sullivan. He was a fine man.

DFW HOYA
December 1st, 2019, 07:51 PM
Pat Sullivan was the coach that began the remarkable turnaround at TCU in the 1990's.

Prior to his arrival the Horned Frogs had two winning seasons since 1965. His 23-14 win over Texas in 1992 was the first TCU win in the series in the previous 24 games.

Sullivan quit in mid-season in 1997 but had recruited a RB named LaDanian Tomlinson. Prior to LT, TCU had been two two bowls in 34 years. They've since gone to 20 bowls in the last 23 years.