Mike296
November 30th, 2019, 07:03 PM
Yet another playoff thread.

I see this one being a close game.

dewey
November 30th, 2019, 07:07 PM

Sacramento State is the #4 seed for the playoffs.

Also add a poll.

Dewey

Bisonator
November 30th, 2019, 08:42 PM
WTF are you starting all these threads with no poll? JFC if you don't know how then don't start them!

Mike296
November 30th, 2019, 08:46 PM
Delete these posts then please. I realized after I posted them that I can’t do polls on mobile.

TheKingpin28
November 30th, 2019, 08:47 PM

Stop creating threads if you cannot create the poll.

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2019, 10:47 AM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49152007133_c6796af9eb_o.jpg

I think Austin Peay has a shot in this one. Their defense is elite (#1 in the nation in yards allowed per play) and that seems to translate better on the road in the playoffs than an elite offense does. I think Sac St peaked earlier in the season around the stretch where the had 3 convincing wins in a row against EWU, Montana St, and Montana but maybe the bye week has reinvigorated them. Their QB Thomson is one of the best in the country and he was dinged up towards the end of the season so if he's back to 100% that just might spark them back to their midseason form.

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2019, 10:49 AM
Delete these posts then please. I realized after I posted them that I can’t do polls on mobile.
You can add polls long after a thread is created. Can you switch to the desktop version of the site temporarily from your mobile browser? If you can (or if you can hit the site from a PC) you can just click on the "Thread Tools" dropdown in the first post you created and select "Add a poll to this thread".

Sader87
December 1st, 2019, 12:30 PM
The NDSU guys seem to just love polls here for some reason :)

Sac St is now my team in these playoffs for what they did in 1969 for HC. Go Hornets!!!

TheKingpin28
December 1st, 2019, 12:35 PM

Sac St is now my team in these playoffs for what they did in 1969 for HC. Go Hornets!!!

It's not that hard. I know the big man has requested it as well.

cx500d
December 1st, 2019, 12:47 PM
Like this match up amongst two inexperienced playoff teams...hope to see them both continue to thrive no matter the outcome.

Daytripper
December 1st, 2019, 01:52 PM

Not just NDSU fans. Polls have become a standard part of game threads. Don't start a thread unless you can create a poll. Simple as that.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2019, 06:58 AM

I though you didn't like the playoffs?

Mike296
December 3rd, 2019, 11:07 AM
I put a poll on this thread finally. My apologies for not doing it sooner.

Grizzlies82
December 3rd, 2019, 01:18 PM
I watched 3 games of Sacramento State this year. Their beatdowns of Montana State and Montana as well as their own beatdown at the hands of Weber State. They have a very talented team which can probably beat anybody in the playoffs. Yes I said "anybody". They are very solid on both sides of the ball. Though this is their first and only time in the playoffs. So the big unknown is if they get rattled by the hype and/or the 'win or go home aspect' or if they play up to their potential.

I've not watched any games by Austin Peay so don't have a basis of comparison. Still I'm going with Sac State since I know what they can do. Soon we'll find out if they're up to the challenge.

SactoHornetFan
December 4th, 2019, 09:31 AM
If folks don't understand who Troy Taylor is, Kris Richardson is, Folsom High School is for the past 15 years, then you aren't paying attention.

Go Hornets!!! Stingers Up!!!

PantherRob82
December 4th, 2019, 04:47 PM
I don't know if Austin Peay is going to win but I feel like they're going to cover.

grizband
December 4th, 2019, 07:32 PM
If folks don't understand who Troy Taylor is, Kris Richardson is, Folsom High School is for the past 15 years, then you aren't paying attention.

For those of us living outside of California, please explain Kris Richardson and Folsom High School.

cx500d
December 4th, 2019, 07:51 PM
For those of us living outside of California, please explain Kris Richardson and Folsom High School.
Folsom high school is in Folsom, home of Folsom Prison Blues.

FUBeAR
December 4th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Let’s go Peay!

FUBeAR has been high in the ‘Nors all season. Had ‘em @ #11 in my final regular season poll.

Hated watching their dismantling of my ‘Dins last week, but I love their style of Football. #2, #3, #5 & #11 are fun to watch on the Offensive side & their whole D goes HARD - a little too hard on occasion - out of 124 Teams, they are #121 in Penalty Yards/Game & #119 in number of Penalties/Game. I would wager a large % of those are Defensive penalties for going a tad too hard. Rather have to put a leash on Defensive Players than light a fire under them though. They need to find a way to ‘be themselves’ on D on Saturday, but not give away the game by getting flagged for drive-extending penalties.

Catbooster
December 4th, 2019, 11:01 PM
I'm torn on this one - would like to root for a team from our conference, and would like a re-match, but if Sac loses we can host another game. Generally I like to root for the underdog - the team that hasn't been in the playoffs before but both teams meet that criteria.

The chance to host the next game is too appealing, so I'm hoping for Austin Peay in this one.

MSUBobcat
December 5th, 2019, 01:22 PM
I'm torn on this one - would like to root for a team from our conference, and would like a re-match, but if Sac loses we can host another game. Generally I like to root for the underdog - the team that hasn't been in the playoffs before but both teams meet that criteria.

The chance to host the next game is too appealing, so I'm hoping for Austin Peay in this one.

Agree with your sentiment. Typically root for BSC teams. BUT, playing Sac State doesn't sound appealing to me in the least and not just because of the home game reasoning! They are a solid squad and if we were the #4 and they were the #5, I'd still want them to lose. Then again, if we both win and MSU gets a chance to avenge the loss from the regular season, it wouldn't be a terrible thing either. APSU looks like a tough out also (as should any team be if they make the QF).

Redbird 4th & short
December 5th, 2019, 06:24 PM

It can get lonely in those long North Dakota winters

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/johanna-pole-1-1567608611.jpg
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjY3r7-4J_mAhUaFTQIHXKXBgEQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elle.com%2Fculture%2Fmovies-tv%2Fa28903418%2Fjohanna-sapakie-pole-dancing-jennifer-lopez-hustlers-trainer%2F&psig=AOvVaw1DSbg-bBHdMjmT65mxv9Nv&ust=1575678230406155)

LetsGoPeay
December 5th, 2019, 07:00 PM
I don't know if Austin Peay is going to win but I feel like they're going to cover.

APSU is +13? LOL . . jump ALL over that.

Also, jump all on the Under 56.

This is a 24 - 20 game if I've ever seen one.

APSU wins, by the way.

MR. CHICKEN
December 5th, 2019, 09:03 PM

......DON'T DROP DUH SOAP.............BRAWK!!!

SactoHornetFan
December 6th, 2019, 10:27 AM
......DON'T DROP DUH SOAP.............BRAWK!!!

We use body wash here on the West Coast ;)

cx500d
December 6th, 2019, 01:15 PM
We use body wash here on the West Coast ;)

Yeah, this stuff because you aren't allowed to use water for such wasteful purposes in the people's republic

https://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/79890/900.jpg

SactoHornetFan
December 6th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Yeah, this stuff because you aren't allowed to use water for such wasteful purposes in the people's republic

https://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/79890/900.jpg

Who says I follow along what they try to impose on us here in Calunicornia! :D

WileECoyote06
December 7th, 2019, 12:23 PM
I voted for Austin Peay before finding out this game will be played at 9PM ECT. On Austin Peay’s internal clock they’ll be finishing around 11 PM. Whew

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Can't wait for the night cap!!

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Who scheduled the start time for this?xrotatehx

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 06:11 PM

It's annoying that they put so many games on at the same time but then put this on hours later.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2019, 06:11 PM

This is old school MNF start time! I just hope Michaels, Gifford and Dierdorf aren't in the booth!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2019, 06:13 PM
It's annoying that they put so many games on at the same time but then put this on hours later.

The NDSU game should have been a 5 pm start. I get the Montana schools not wanting to play at night (cold/sketchy travel at night).

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 06:17 PM
The NDSU game should have been a 5 pm start. I get the Montana schools not wanting to play at night (cold/sketchy travel at night).

I'll buy that. That would have been ok. Cent Ark as well. Even with my big monitor, it was hard having so many windows up trying watch 4 at a time. I think I saw almost every play though. My mouse was doing overtime.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2019, 06:18 PM
The host team picks the time. They should try to spread them out little bit.

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 06:18 PM
I'll buy that. That would have been ok. Cent Ark as well. Even with my big monitor, it was hard having so many windows up trying watch 4 at a time. I think I saw almost every play though. My mouse was doing overtime.

Yep my eyes got a workout today.

dewey
December 7th, 2019, 06:19 PM

Almost all of NDSU's home games are at 230. I think that is a perfect time for their games.

Also it is not like the roads are not questionable in North Dakota in the winter.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Almost all of NDSU's home games are at 230. I think that is a perfect time for their games.

Also it is not like the roads are not questionable in North Dakota in the winter.

Dewey

5 pm ET would be 3 CT. There weren't a lot of great options to try and entice someone to start their game later. With the Dome and a decent immediate population base to draw from NDSU wouldn't have been a bad choice. The forecast for the last week has been pretty good until the crazy cold front hits tomorrow night. JMU and Weber can definitely have sketchy weather this time of the year.

UCA would have been reasonable to start late afternoon/early evening too. Odds favor decent weather (40's/50's) in Conway this time of the year.

Bottom line, having to wait until 9 sucks...

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 06:36 PM
5 pm ET would be 3 CT. There weren't a lot of great options to try and entice someone to start their game later. With the Dome and a decent immediate population base to draw from NDSU wouldn't have been a bad choice. The forecast for the last week has been pretty good until the crazy cold front hits tomorrow night. JMU and Weber can definitely have sketchy weather this time of the year.

UCA would have been reasonable to start late afternoon/early evening too. Odds favor decent weather (40's/50's) in Conway this time of the year.

Bottom line, having to wait until 9 sucks...

I think you meant 4 CT. But you can't predict the WX.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 06:36 PM
I voted for Austin Peay before finding out this game will be played at 9PM ECT. On Austin Peay’s internal clock they’ll be finishing around 11 PM. Whew

We're Central time zone, so that's like a 8 PM start for them. They haven't played a game that late since they lost to Tennessee State ( which started at 5 pm ). Playing until 11 pm shouldn't be an issue, seeing that OVC games that start at 7 pm in the early fall don't end until after 10 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2019, 06:38 PM
I think you meant 4 CT. But you can't predict the WX.

Indeed!

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 08:03 PM
Looks like a downpour in Sacramento. Perhaps favoring the visitor who has the stronger defense???

Peems
December 7th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Looks like a downpour in Sacramento. Perhaps favoring the visitor who has the stronger defense???

The few times I watched Sac St. their DLine was formidable.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 08:17 PM
Considering that last week's game was played in the rain, the Governors won't be phased by it.

Looks like a defensive battle shaping up initially. We definitely need to get the running game going, and protect the ball on the ground and in the air.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 08:21 PM
What a beautiful drive!

Craig looking flawless so far.

7 - 0 APSU!

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 08:22 PM
The Peay look poised. Sac may come alive, but right now, AP looks good on the road.

Mike296
December 7th, 2019, 08:34 PM
14-0 AP after another great drive.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Wow, that's was easy. AP taking care of business.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 08:36 PM
So . . . . .

That Sacramento State defense doesn't look fast at all. And it doesn't look like they gameplanned for Wilson at all.

OH MAN . . . AND THE ONSIDE KICK?

WHAT?

Lorne_Malvo
Sac looks bad. Really bad.

ElCid
Wow, AP is playing to win. Onside kick recovered. Perfect timing.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 08:40 PM
This could get ridiculous. TD Peay.

Peems
December 7th, 2019, 08:40 PM
just turned it on, is thompson playing?

Mike296
December 7th, 2019, 08:41 PM
21 -0 now after a 45 Yd TD run by Baniko Harley. People called me crazy for saying these guys could make a run but look at them now. :)

Derby City Duke
Wow! APSU bringing the pain early.

LetsGoPeay
LOL . . the Govs are putting the ENTIRE FCS on notice.

21 - 0.

The dream start.

Program note: Austin Peay hasn't blown a 21 point lead this year, but they have blown leads late in the game ( specifically the Tennessee St game ), and lost.

Tonight though, this team looks like a top 5 program.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Wow, early yet but holy crap.

Derby City Duke
December 7th, 2019, 08:43 PM
APSU's #90 is a large man...but he got to the perimeter pretty quickly on that 1st down play.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 08:45 PM
9 plays for 13 yards for SacSt in the 1st Quarter

- - - Updated - - -

APSU's #90 is a large man...but he got to the perimeter pretty quickly on that 1st down play.
Transfer from The Citadel

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 08:46 PM

He played his freshman year at The Citadel, but bailed out.

thebootfitter
December 7th, 2019, 08:46 PM
I figured Sac St would win easily in this one. Have been checking the score every few minutes. Wow!

What is going on?? Are they really that good? Getting lucky? Sac St just having a bad night?

Whatever it is... Good for APSU. Wish I could be watching the game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 08:47 PM
I figured Sac St would win easily in this one. Have been checking the score every few minutes. Wow!

What is going on?? Are they really that good? Getting lucky? Sac St just having a bad night?

Whatever it is... Good for APSU. Wish I could be watching the game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AP is that good. Good play calling, good discipline, and hungry.

GreatGreatGreat
December 7th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Sigh, the sac state collapse we’re all accustomed to in the Big Sky came a little later this year. xdohx

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 08:48 PM

Looks like he made the correct choice.

John Wesley Whiteside is the run stopping anchor of the defense

- - - Updated - - -

21 - 7 Wisconsin, by the way . . . right before halftime.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 08:50 PM
This Spicoli St team beat Montana?

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Craig looking like Lamar Jackson. He's killing those boys.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Sac had 8 yards of offense in the 1st quarter. Wow.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Craig looking like Lamar Jackson. He's killing those boys.

You better hope Wilson is OK

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 08:54 PM
SacSt's best play of the game, so far, was that motion penalty on APSU

Derby City Duke

Appears he really enjoyed the mess hall!

Chalupa Batman
Just getting home and turning this game on. Anything fluky happen to help AP or they just playing that well?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 08:56 PM
You better hope Wilson is OK

If you haven't noticed, Kentel Williams hasn't played much this game either. He did something on that 2nd drive, and I think he's been on for like 3 plays since.

Wilson tweaked something on the 2nd TD drive when he stretched and caught that ball.

- - - Updated - - -

And as I was typing this, they talked bout that very play

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Appears he really enjoyed the mess hall!

Yeah I think that is why he may have left. Plus, only via some chatter, that he told the coaching staff that he was headed to an SEC team. Hah. But glad he is helping AP.

Schism55
Sac St not ready to play at all, crazy

LetsGoPeay
APSU's defense has been lights out tonight. The best they've played all year, although they were dang good in the Furman game.

POD Knows
AP is making these guys look like a high school football team. Wow, horrible game so far by Ball Sac State.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2019, 08:59 PM
Sac St not ready to play at all, crazy

Probably a little rusty after 2 weeks off like NDSU.

xdontknowx

LetsGoPeay
We need a nice 6 minute TD drive here. Put as much cushion between us and the Hornets as possible. Don't even let them BREATHE!

Prime Power
just turned it on, is thompson playing?

Doesn't really look like it. Does he always have the deer in headlight eyes? Looks like he is all jacked up on Mountain Dew.

ElCid
APSU's defense has been lights out tonight. The best they've played all year, although they were dang good in the Furman game.

I almost convinced myself that Furman was just not up for the game...but I am now convinced that AP is for real. Should have never lost to Tenn St. or ETSU.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:01 PM
Both Williams and Wilson back in.

xsmiley_wix

FUBeAR
If SacSt QB was BSC OPOY, from what I’ve seen, somebody else stole his uniform tonight.

Was going to suggest SacSt put out an Amber Alert for him, but maybe that pick will turn things around.

caribbeanhen
If you haven't noticed, Kentel Williams hasn't played much this game either. He did something on that 2nd drive, and I think he's been on for like 3 plays since.

Wilson tweaked something on the 2nd TD drive when he stretched and caught that ball.

- - - Updated - - -

And as I was typing this, they talked bout that very play

I haven’t noticed but I do notice your coach he acts like a coach is supposed to act

ElCid
Sac St finally gets a break.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Craig has been known to do this at least once a game. OK Govs, keep them off the board.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Shoulda taken the points there. Very un-smart

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:05 PM
Great defensive stand by the Govs. Dumb decision by Sac State. You have to take the points there to give the team some morale. No need to be in panic mode in the 2nd quarter.

Make them pay for that APSU.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Oh no. AP QB got dinged. Not good. He is like a one man wrecking crew on O.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 09:07 PM
He’s lucky he didn’t break his leg

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Wow . . . I thought Craig broke his leg on that play for a minute there.

How ironic would it be on the day that Jeremiah Oatsvall is available ( the opening day starting QB ), he'd have to come into a playoff game to lead the team.

Hopefully Craig is OK . . . but we're in great hands if Jeremiah has to come in.

Derby City Duke
December 7th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Govs have now converted 2nd and 20 and 3rd and 15...where's the Sac State defense?

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 09:10 PM
AP QB not quite as spry as he was.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:14 PM
We need to keep the defensive pressure on them to end the 1st half, and really establish this running game in the 2nd half. Shorten the game, and take some of the pressure off Craig to have to do everything.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Wow . . . I thought Craig broke his leg on that play for a minute there.

How ironic would it be on the day that Jeremiah Oatsvall is available ( the opening day starting QB ), he'd have to come into a playoff game to lead the team.

Hopefully Craig is OK . . . but we're in great hands if Jeremiah has to come in.Hudspeth should go with Oatsvall. Craig is tough, but he’s off since near compound fracture of his lower leg. GREAT Player /QB as long as he has his wheels & the threat of his wheels. Kind of ‘just OK’ without them. Oatsvall is a heckuva a QB (if he’s healthy) & SacSt won’t have game planned for him.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Total yards

APSU - 287

Sac St - 51

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Austin Peay getting way too cute with these option pitches.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Man, AP QB has just been off since he went down.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:22 PM
Coach was a little too aggressive there. Run the ball, make them use their timeouts, or run the clock out to end the half.

Keep them scoreless, defense. Or score yourselves.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 09:24 PM
SacSt Coach knows time-outs don’t carry over, right? Or he anticipated another 3 & out & didn’t want to give APSU time to score?

Peems
December 7th, 2019, 09:24 PM
I do not recognize that man playing QB for Sac St

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 09:25 PM
SacSt Coach knows time-outs don’t carry over, right? Or he anticipated another 3 & out & didn’t want to give APSU time to score?

Yup, that was bad time management, big time.

POD Knows
AP is kind of coasting here, what is the deal, put the hammer down.

caribbeanhen

Sacramento Coach looks like he went to the Rocco summer Coach camp

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Austin Peay getting way too cute with these option pitches.#2 was recruited as a QB. Play is standard in their O. Problem was pitch relationship by the RB.

Prime Power
December 7th, 2019, 09:27 PM

I know the D is part of it, but something is not right with him. His throws are off.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 09:28 PM
So, you think my suggestion of an Amber Alert may still be warranted?

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 09:29 PM

They lost all tempo after their QB went down. He has been off ever since.

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Well, I'm feeling a bit better about Furman's effort now. At least the Paladins were close at the half.

APSU just might be a team peaking at the right time. They're talented.

Mike296
December 7th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Let’s hope for some adjustments by AP after Craig went down.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 09:32 PM
#2 was recruited as a QB. Play is standard in their O. Problem was pitch relationship by the RB.
Yeah, could've fooled me that they run that play regularly with as awkward as those pitches looked.

APSU's offense looks pretty harmless with a hobbled Craig back there. But with how dominant their defense has been it probably won't matter.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Well, I'm feeling a bit better about Furman's effort now. At least the Paladins were close at the half.

APSU just might be a team peaking at the right time. They're talented.so...do you think RoT is drafting his apology letter for incessantly ranting across multiple social media platforms about how Furman embarrassed the SoCon with their road loss in a driving rainstorm to OVC Champion APSU & SoCon Champion Wofford’s (LOSING) effort at home against Big South at-large KSU was just fine?

Hammersmith
December 7th, 2019, 09:33 PM
I got a phone call sometime after the game was 21-0. I looked up awhile later and it was 0-0. Apparently ESPN or my Roku somehow restarted the game(which shouldn't have been possible). While I'm sure Sac St would've loved the do over to be real, I was wondering if the same thing happened to anyone else? Exiting the game and restarting it fixed the problem.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:38 PM

They actually do this all the time. That's why last week's game vs Furman was so shocking.

APSU has to make sure to keep them out of the end zone on this first possession of the half. Don't give them any hope.

If Sac State is as good as everyone says they are, they'll score at least 21 points this half. That means that APSU needs at least another TD or maybe even 10 points, to pull out the win.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:46 PM
We could use a turnover right off the bat. This team is normally good at causing turnovers on defense.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 09:48 PM

Sacramento Coach looks like he went to the Rocco summer Coach camp

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 09:52 PM
Sac St Coach was ‘working’ the Refs about APSU’s DB’s at half & got that called. They are a very hand-sy & aggressive bunch. Have gotten a lot of DPI calls all year, but also get away with a lot. Not sure that 1st DPI call was right, but Refs are setting tone that the GOV’s DB’s are going to be ‘under scrutiny’ much more this half.

2 pick 6’s @ Mercer in 1st half & got away with a LOT. I think they had maybe 6 DPI’s in 2nd half. Actually, I think the 2nd pick 6 was early in 2nd half ... and THEN the DPI’s started coming.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Despite the Christmas gifts via pass interference . . .

wow . . he missed it!

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 09:57 PM
....SUC STATE QB.....IS LOST..........BRAWK!

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 09:57 PM
Ugly football. Optics are terrible with the crowd, the field sucks and both teams seem to be playing to get the game over.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Ugly football. Optics are terrible with the crowd, the field sucks and both teams seem to be playing to get the game over.

....MAH THINKIN'....EGG-ZAKLEE.....AWK!

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 10:02 PM
APSU’s Goal Line package on O

https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Chuck-Jake-1.jpg?w=391

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 10:02 PM
I love this offense when it's clicking. So many variations. So many weapons.

TWENTY-EIGHT

TO

ZERO

Bison56
December 7th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Wow Sacramento state forget they had a game tonight?

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Hey, what do you guys think of that RPO hand off and then throwing out of that. I have never seen anybody do that before, it seems like a slippery slope allowing somebody to throw out of a forward hand off but the play was pretty cool.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2019, 10:04 PM
28-0 AP.....xeekx

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 10:05 PM
25:10 to 9:40 time of possession in favor of APSU right now.... wow.

Schism55
December 7th, 2019, 10:06 PM
AP straight up punkin Sac St. Your Big Sky coach of the year folks xeyebrowx

Chalupa Batman
December 7th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Hey, what do you guys think of that RPO hand off and then throwing out of that. I have never seen anybody do that before, it seems like a slippery slope allowing somebody to throw out of a forward hand off but the play was pretty cool.As long as it's handed off I don't see what the issue is. Haven't seen that either, nice wrinkle

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2019, 10:08 PM
Well, the Big Sky *was* looking great today.

The bobcats have to be excited.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2019, 10:09 PM
....SUC STATE QB.....IS LOST..........BRAWK!

It’s like he thinks Carl Lewis is one of his receivers

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 10:10 PM
As long as it's handed off I don't see what the issue is. Haven't seen that either, nice wrinkle

Sent from my LG-H931 using TapatalkOK, what if there was a tiny release of the ball of the "QB" on the handoff and the RB still makes the throw. I think if it is a forward handoff, they should write the rule where you can't throw out of that play.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2019, 10:12 PM
Just got home from the airport. I had Peay in this one! Go Govs!!

BearDownMU
December 7th, 2019, 10:16 PM
This ain't yo mama's Austin Peay, that's for sure.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 10:17 PM
Hey, what do you guys think of that RPO hand off and then throwing out of that. I have never seen anybody do that before, it seems like a slippery slope allowing somebody to throw out of a forward hand off but the play was pretty cool.

A forward handoff is not a forward pass. A pass is clearly defined as the ball leaving the hand.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Man, Craig sure looked pretty healthy on that drive.

35-7 Austin Peay

LetsGoPeay
JaVaughn "JACKSON" Craig!!!

35 - 7

GOVERNORS!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Sacramento had the feel of that Portland State team a few years ago. Peaked in October and not ready for the prime time.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 10:19 PM
JaVaughn "JACKSON" Craig!!!

35 - 7

GOVERNORS!!
How in the world did Austin Peay lose to ETSU and Tennessee St???

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2019, 10:19 PM
Because we're all keeping score, with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Sacramento State has already surrendered more yardage than Furman did to Austin Peay.

This just all sort of confirms my theory that there are really two or three really good teams in the FCS, and virtually everyone else can beat or lose to everyone else.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 10:21 PM
OK, what if there was a tiny release of the ball of the "QB" on the handoff and the RB still makes the throw. I think if it is a forward handoff, they should write the rule where you can't throw out of that play.
NCAA Rules...

SECTION 19. Passes
Passing
ARTICLE 1. Passing the ball is throwing it.

I think it would be hard to interpret a ”tiny release” as “throwing it.” If a forward mesh-type of hand-off, which is quite common on zone-read & Power-O plays, is mishandled & the ball is dropped to the ground, it’s a fumble, not an incomplete pass. We’ve seen thousands of those & at least 10’s of fumbles on them, but I’ve never heard anyone say that those should be ruled incomplete passes.

Rules are good. Play is cool.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 10:23 PM
A forward handoff is not a forward pass. A pass is clearly defined as the ball leaving the hand.I know the rule and what they did was perfectly fine but I am saying that this needs to be looked at. I remember some teams would run a play wear the QB drops back to pass, he has an RB in pass protection and then would reach around the RB and hand the ball off, do you want to be able to have the RB then throw a forward pass. When they change this rule, they can call it the AP rule change.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 10:27 PM
I know the rule and what they did was perfectly fine but I am saying that this needs to be looked at. I remember some teams would run a play wear the QB drops back to pass, he has an RB in pass protection and then would reach around the RB and hand the ball off, do you want to be able to have the RB then throw a forward pass. When they change this rule, they can call it the AP rule change.yes - that RB could then throw a legal forward pass, as long as he doesn’t cross the LOS...and, yes, I want him to be able to.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 10:27 PM
Thompson looking like the worst QB in the nation in this game.

Chalupa Batman
December 7th, 2019, 10:28 PM
OK, what if there was a tiny release of the ball of the "QB" on the handoff and the RB still makes the throw. I think if it is a forward handoff, they should write the rule where you can't throw out of that play.I guess I'm not seeing a problem with it.

To answer your question though, if the QB lets go and the ball drops straight down into the RB's hands, the ball didn't travel forward so it would be considered a lateral and the RB can still throw it.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 10:28 PM
LOL . . and then he throws the prettiest ball of the night.

GreatGreatGreat
December 7th, 2019, 10:32 PM
Is Thomson playing hurt? He hasn’t looked the same since we banged him up a few weeks ago.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 10:33 PM
One thing that has impressed me is AP"s total discipline when it comes to not committing stupid, unnecessary personal fouls or unsportsmanlike penalties. You can see it in how they conduct themselves. Sure they have a couple pass interference calls, but that can expected and sometimes necessary. Well coached team.

Derby City Duke
Thompson could be Adam Gase's long lost son...

LetsGoPeay
Gut check drive by Sac State. But the Austin Peay defense was another PI away from keeping them out of the end zone.

I knew that Sac would at least get something going in the 2nd half, even though our 2 starting corners are out the game on those last 2 TD drives by them.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 10:34 PM
I guess I'm not seeing a problem with it.

To answer your question though, if the QB lets go and the ball drops straight down into the RB's hands, the ball didn't travel forward so it would be considered a lateral and the RB can still throw it.

Sent from my LG-H931 using TapatalkAgain, I have never seen anybody do this before, creative as hell, but there are a ton of different plays where you could do an "inside" hand off and throw a forward pass.

Has anybody ever seen any other team do this before. My favorite play in high school was called a 141 or 140 cutback, hell, we could have thrown the ball of the inside hand off, I guess we weren't that smart. Anyway, hats off to AP, great play.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Again, I have never seen anybody do this before, creative as hell, but there are a ton of different plays where you could do an "inside" hand off and throw a forward pass.

Has anybody ever seen any other team do this before. My favorite play in high school was called a 141 or 140 cutback, hell, we could have thrown the ball of the inside hand off, I guess we weren't that smart. Anyway, hats off to AP, great play.
Yes - can’t remember who, but I saw a goal line play where the QB handed the ball to the RB on a ‘standard’ dive play up the middle, but he took 1 or 2 steps, stopped, jumped up, and threw a pop/jump pass to the TE for a TD. Also cool.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 10:41 PM
....DID SOMEBODAH....SPRAY DOSE HELMETS....WHIFF RAID....xconfusedx........BRAWQ!!

Derby City Duke
December 7th, 2019, 10:42 PM
How did APSU need OT to beat EKU? This team looks nothing like the one I watched in Richmond that day.

Chalupa Batman
December 7th, 2019, 10:44 PM
Again, I have never seen anybody do this before, creative as hell, but there are a ton of different plays where you could do an "inside" hand off and throw a forward pass.

Has anybody ever seen any other team do this before. My favorite play in high school was called a 141 or 140 cutback, hell, we could have thrown the ball of the inside hand off, I guess we weren't that smart. Anyway, hats off to AP, great play.It all comes down to whether or not the ball is moving forward at transfer. If it isn't then there hasn't been a forward pass yet.

It is new and like most new things looks odd at first.

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2019, 10:45 PM
How did APSU need OT to beat EKU? This team looks nothing like the one I watched in Richmond that day.

EKU has border state speed, which is like southern speed, but only less. Sacramento State has no southern speed.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2019, 10:46 PM
Wow what's more pathetic the crowd at Sac State, the crowd at SDSU or Sac States play in this game????

Redbird 4th & short
APU putting on a clinic .. impressive how they are putting it all together in playoffs. They did not impress much with their wins in OVC. But they are certainly doing it in playoffs.

MR. CHICKEN
.....DOES COACH TAYLOR....HAVE ANY FINGER-NAILS LEFT...xdontknowx...AWQ!

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Sacramento had the feel of that Portland State team a few years ago. Peaked in October and not ready for the prime time.
Yeah, I’ve been getting that feeling for a while.

They trucked us, and then have looked like dog **** since (although, we did get pretty damn unlucky in our entire game against them).

They certainly look like a team that has never been to the postseason before.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Last Call! Last Call for Alcohol!

42 - 14

I'm so proud of these guys.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 10:48 PM
Yes - can’t remember who, but I saw a goal line play where the QB handed the ball to the RB on a ‘standard’ dive play up the middle, but he took 1 or 2 steps, stopped, jumped up, and threw a pop/jump pass to the TE for a TD. Also cool.Yea, was the handoff an "inside" or "outside" handoff. We used to run a veer and a lot of times the QB would place the ball in the RB's stomach and a lot of times the actual hand off occurred in "front" of the QB, should that back be able to stop and throw a pass, I know they can based on current rules but it is bull****. Seriously, given the changes in the offenses now, this should be looked at but in the mean time, every team should teach their guys that get inside hand offs on an RPO to be able to throw the ball because it is not defensive in any real way. Imagine a decent WR that gets a fly sweep, takes the inside hand off, stops and throws a wheel route to an RB or TE.

Mike296
December 7th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I’ve been getting that feeling for a while.

They trucked us, and then have looked like dog **** since (although, we did get pretty damn unlucky in our entire game against them).

They certainly look like a team that has never been to the postseason before.

AP has never been to the playoffs either but they have a coach who has so that means something I guess.

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 10:50 PM

They definitely do not look like that team. This is also the same team that lost to a terrible Tennessee State. Had it not been for that loss, they may have received a top 8 seed. That TSU loss woke them up.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 10:50 PM

As long as it wasn't like a shuffle pass of forward pitch, it really is a non issue. As a tangent, I know a number of years ago Wofford had an issue with the refs because many of their pitches were forward, and they dropped some, and had to give the refs some grief since is was "a pass." This wasn't. Not sure why the announcer had to make a deal of it.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 10:52 PM
They look exactly like the Team I saw beat Mercer 48-34, beat Murray State, beat Eastern Illinois, and beat Furman last week. Watched all of those games & parts of them beating JaxSt. This IS who APSU is now. Should be a good game @ Montana State next week (barring a blizzard). Wish they were playing a different team though...like Weber or UNI, maybe. Bobcats seem to be hitting on all cylinders since their back-to-back losses to NDak & (by 2 scores) to these SacSt Hornets. Hmmm?

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 10:52 PM
As long as it wasn't like a shuffle pass of forward pitch, it really is a non issue. As a tangent, I know a number of years ago Wofford had an issue with the refs because many of their pitches were forward, and they dropped some, and had to give the refs some grief since is was "a pass." This wasn't. Not sure why the announcer had to make a deal of it.Dude, I get the rule, I am just suggesting that a forward hand off should be looked at when it comes to a forward pass. That is all, not questioning the current rule.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 10:57 PM
EKU has border state speed, which is like southern speed, but only less. Sacramento State has no southern speed.
LOL - you might get excoriated for this post, as funny as it is.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 10:58 PM

But they do have west defense...lol.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Shame that was the night cap. But I guess it was fitting given the overall rather lackluster day of playoffs. The wading through the fluff takes time and patience....

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2019, 11:00 PM
LOL - you might get excoriated for this post, as funny as it is.

This is probably the 4th time I've watched APSU play this season. They are perhaps the most shifty FCS team that I can remember watching since the App State teams of 10 years ago. They have excellent athletes in space that can stop, cut, and accelerate.

FUBeAR
December 7th, 2019, 11:03 PM
But they do have west defense...lol.
+1

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2019, 11:04 PM
Watching this game in the 4th quarter and AP up by 3 td's see the Sac State coach laughing and smiling on the sideline and the AP Coach is coaching his players. Hmmmm that says a lot about both coaches.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 11:06 PM
......THOMPSON MAY AS WELL RUN.....HE CAIN'T HIT UH TENNESSEE BARN.....WHIFF HIS ARM........BRAWQ!!!!!

.....AN' HE HAS SCAREY EYES......AWQ!!!

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2019, 11:07 PM
Watching this game in the 4th quarter and AP up by 3 td's see the Sac State coach laughing and smiling on the sideline and the AP Coach is coaching his players. Hmmmm that says a lot about both coaches.

....HE'S OUTTAH FINGER-NAILS......AWQ!

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 11:11 PM
I knew Sac State would at least score 21+ in the 2nd half. The 21 points that the Govs scored are actually huge now. I would hate to see this game if they were only up 7.

4 minutes guys. A couple of 1st downs. Let's quit leaving any doubt.

ElCid
December 7th, 2019, 11:13 PM

No crap. I saw that as well.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Congrats AP! That was an impressive performance!

LetsGoPeay
December 7th, 2019, 11:18 PM
(( standing ovation ))

What an impressive win by the Govs. Travel 2,000 miles to a place you've never been to before. And you flat out take care of business.

GoBlueHens83
December 7th, 2019, 11:21 PM
Congrats AP, great win for the program.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2019, 11:24 PM
Watched the post game interview with the AP QB. Very impressed with him great young man.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2019, 11:24 PM
(( standing ovation ))

What an impressive win by the Govs. Travel 2,000 miles to a place you've never been to before. And you flat out take care of business.You bitch slapped them and left them for dead, that is probably the last we will hear of the normally useless Sac State football program. Taps is playing, softly, in background.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2019, 11:27 PM
Congrats AP! That was an impressive performance!

Completely agree. Sac is an impressive team and you took it to em' at home. Tough to do and you have to be a hell of a team to do it. Well done Govs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxSNXCITfGU

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2019, 11:28 PM
Congrats Austin Peay… quite the turnaround for a program that had been a perennial doormat in the OVC... enjoy (at least) another week of football.

Should be a great matchup between Montana St and Austin Peay… both teams are on a tear right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2019, 11:31 PM
You bitch slapped them and left them for dead, that is probably the last we will hear of the normally useless Sac State football program. Taps is playing, softly, in background.

I think the whole team gets another medical red-shirt and we see them all again...and they are even more fierce. They were a good team and they did not play real well tonight but the Govs were a part of that for sure. I can tell you in some games they just couldn't miss POD, they just caught everything, everywhere, and ran all over.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Congrats Austin Peay… quite the turnaround for a program that had been a perennial doormat in the OVC... enjoy (at least) another week of football.

Should be a great matchup between Montana St and Austin Peay… both teams are on a tear right now.

They styles matchup is gonna be great.

Schism55
December 7th, 2019, 11:57 PM
Well done Governors! Huge congrats, enjoy this victory xdrunkyx

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2019, 01:29 AM
You bitch slapped them and left them for dead, that is probably the last we will hear of the normally useless Sac State football program. Taps is playing, softly, in background.

I've been fooled before, but basically every playmaker on offense for the Hornets is a junior or below. They lose two OL, I believe. Then on defense, about half their studs are underclassmen. Plus, next year's conference schedule avoids Montana State, Weber State, Eastern Washington, and Idaho. Maybe they die out in 2021, but next year's team will be very senior-laden with guys who have built this program into a legitimate force.

uofmman1122
December 8th, 2019, 02:13 AM
I've been fooled before, but basically every playmaker on offense for the Hornets is a junior or below. They lose two OL, I believe. Then on defense, about half their studs are underclassmen. Plus, next year's conference schedule avoids Montana State, Weber State, Eastern Washington, and Idaho. Maybe they die out in 2021, but next year's team will be very senior-laden with guys who have built this program into a legitimate force.
They do lose their two best defensive players in Obinna and Choates.

veinup
December 8th, 2019, 07:30 AM
(( standing ovation ))

What an impressive win by the Govs. Travel 2,000 miles to a place you've never been to before. And you flat out take care of business.

huge win for your program. unfortunately i passed out before the end 😂.

i’m sure the kids on that team are over the moon. got the chance to go on the road to play a seeded team and absolutely threw them in a trash can. i know some people here feel differently, but don’t try to tell the kids on that governors team that this game was fluff or that it didn’t matter.

Houndawg
December 8th, 2019, 07:34 AM
They styles matchup is gonna be great.

If they come up with a bid that buys them a home game, MSU got a problem.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2019, 07:49 AM
......THOMPSON MAY AS WELL RUN.....HE CAIN'T HIT UH TENNESSEE BARN.....WHIFF HIS ARM........BRAWQ!!!!!

Manson like

kdinva
December 8th, 2019, 08:18 AM
(( standing ovation ))

handshakes from me, too.. makes the win over Furple all the more impressive.

AmsterBison
December 8th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Did the playoff snub a couple seasons ago motivate Austin Peay? Asking for Southern Illinois.

Chalupa Batman
December 8th, 2019, 09:36 AM

Do you think Taylor could get poached for another coaching job? I'm not sure what's available or might become available but would expect he'll be a hot commodity for a few openings.

Redbird 4th & short
December 8th, 2019, 09:40 AM
congrats to Sac St on a great season, was surprised at yesterday's outcome for sure.

and kudos to APU .. obviously a better team than their regular season woudl suggest or simply peaking at right time. After we handled SEMO, I though Sac St would win this game for sure ... I would be wrong. Strong statement made in playoffs and on road .. impressive game yesterday !!!

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2019, 11:11 AM
AP is not going to beat the Griz. If you watched the Sac game you should have noticed that Sac had absolutely zero defense for 3 quarters.
Not taking anything away from AP, but Sac was terrible. Like biblical terrible.

dewey
December 8th, 2019, 11:15 AM
AP is not going to beat the Griz. If you watched the Sac game you should have noticed that Sac had absolutely zero defense for 3 quarters.

You are right. AP is zero chance of beating the Grizzlies.........Because they don't play each other.

AP plays Montana State (Boncats) in Bozeman. The Montana Grizzlies (in Missoula) play on the road next weekend at Wevmber State.

Getting Montana State and Montana is almost as bad as getting NDSU and GFCC mixed up.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2019, 11:17 AM

This here 100%. Piss poor defense in the playoffs will send you home fast.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2019, 11:19 AM
You are right. AP is zero chance of beating the Grizzlies.........Because they don't play each other.

AP plays Montana State (Boncats) in Bozeman. The Montana Grizzlies (in Missoula) play on the road next weekend at Wevmber State.

Getting Montana State and Montana is almost as bad as getting NDSU and GFCC mixed up.

Dewey

My bad... LOL. The Bobcats, I am not sure why I typed Griz.
Its Sunday gimme a frickin break here!

POD Knows
December 8th, 2019, 12:02 PM
I think the whole team gets another medical red-shirt and we see them all again...and they are even more fierce. They were a good team and they did not play real well tonight but the Govs were a part of that for sure. I can tell you in some games they just couldn't miss POD, they just caught everything, everywhere, and ran all over.I know, I saw them play a couple times on games replays, I am just bitter that they helped contribute to blowing up my bracket and probably put even further down in the AGS Pick 'em. They looked great in the games I watched and I am glad that they are turning the program around. It takes me about 12 hours to recover from being bitter about my apparent inability to pick winners in football games. Now excuse me while I go over the the Central Arknasas/ISUr thread and throw some shade on CAU. xlolx

POD Knows
December 8th, 2019, 12:04 PM
I've been fooled before, but basically every playmaker on offense for the Hornets is a junior or below. They lose two OL, I believe. Then on defense, about half their studs are underclassmen. Plus, next year's conference schedule avoids Montana State, Weber State, Eastern Washington, and Idaho. Maybe they die out in 2021, but next year's team will be very senior-laden with guys who have built this program into a legitimate force.Yea, they will be fine and maybe even better next year, I was just pissed the messed up my already messed up bracket. I had watched them play twice during the year and was really pretty shocked at how they played last. It didn't look like the team I had seen during the year.

PaladinFan
December 8th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Yea, they will be fine and maybe even better next year, I was just pissed the messed up my already messed up bracket. I had watched them play twice during the year and was really pretty shocked at how they played last. It didn't look like the team I had seen during the year.

Interesting how the storyline shifts.

Furman looked bad against Austin Peay, lost big, and the storyline was how bad the SoCon sucks and how Furman didn't deserve to be there. Same team goes cross country and beats the crap out of the a Big Sky champ, and everyone is stunned.

We can quibble over whether Sac State's garbage time TDs are more impressive than Furman holding APSU to 7 points for a half, but the games looked largely the same.

My take is that everyone just underestimated how good this Governor's team is.

GreatGreatGreat
December 8th, 2019, 02:11 PM

Furman looked bad against Austin Peay, lost big, and the storyline was how bad the SoCon sucks and how Furman didn't deserve to be there. Same team goes cross country and beats the crap out of the a Big Sky champ, and everyone is stunned.

We can quibble over whether Sac State's garbage time TDs are more impressive than Furman holding APSU to 7 points for a half, but the games looked largely the same.

Absolutely. Also, I would add that Sac has not looked nearly as good the last several weeks. They started hot and fizzled and benefitted from an easier end of their regular season.

Also, Thompson has back problems and back injuries do not fully heal. He reaggravated this injury against Weber. I hate to see putting this kid down when is fighting through life altering injuries.

Third, the Big Sky is 3-1. 2 wins in dominating fashion. Not bad. :D

PaladinFan
December 8th, 2019, 02:28 PM
Absolutely. Also, I would add that Sac has not looked nearly as good the last several weeks. They started hot and fizzled and benefitted from an easier end of their regular season.

Also, Thompson has back problems and back injuries do not fully heal. He reaggravated this injury against Weber. I hate to see putting this kid down when is fighting through life altering injuries.

Third, the Big Sky is 3-1. 2 wins in dominating fashion. Not bad. :D

Sac State is, as I understand it, like Furman in that both are young teams with little playoff experience. Sometimes you just get bad games.

It's been my opinion all season that the FCS is an inch deep and a mile wide this year. Kennesaw giving Weber a tough fight on the road is further indication of that. APSU lost some real head scratchers and then obliterated the #4 seed.

I believe that there's a smaller talent gap between the #3 team and the #25 team than the #3 team and the #2 team.

knit35
December 8th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Congrats Peay. Great win!

kalm
December 8th, 2019, 02:58 PM

The one glaring difference being that Sac also played two solid FBS teams close AND beat two seeded teams who have a good shot at the semi’s handily.

GreatGreatGreat
December 8th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Sac State is, as I understand it, like Furman in that both are young teams with little playoff experience. Sometimes you just get bad games. It's been my opinion all season that the FCS is an inch deep and a mile wide this year. Kennesaw giving Weber a tough fight on the road is further indication of that. APSU lost some real head scratchers and then obliterated the #4 seed. I believe that there's a smaller talent gap between the #3 team and the #25 team than the #3 team and the #2 team.I’ll agree with you again. From the Weber/Kennesaw perspective that is the way we play/win every week. We can beat or lose to anyone IMO.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Yea, they will be fine and maybe even better next year, I was just pissed the messed up my already messed up bracket. I had watched them play twice during the year and was really pretty shocked at how they played last. It didn't look like the team I had seen during the year.

I don't want to take anything away from Peay, they went in and took em down but you nailed it. There seems to be something in the BSC this season that any team that has a very high ceiling also seems to have a deeper basement than you would expect from a team that shows up so good so often. It is very weird and it has happened to each of the 4 BSC playoff teams this year once if not twice. Can not explain it.

LetsGoPeay
December 8th, 2019, 06:28 PM
I don't want to take anything away from Peay, they went in and took em down but you nailed it. There seems to be something in the BSC this season that any team that has a very high ceiling also seems to have a deeper basement than you would expect from a team that shows up so good so often. It is very weird and it has happened to each of the 4 BSC playoff teams this year once if not twice. Can not explain it.

The one thing I noticed right off the bat in that game, was that Austin Peay had a DEFINITIVE speed difference on both sides of the ball. I was shocked, to be honest. Sacramento St really didn't start putting points on the board, until the starting corners got hobbled with injuries.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2019, 09:18 PM
The one thing I noticed right off the bat in that game, was that Austin Peay had a DEFINITIVE speed difference on both sides of the ball. I was shocked, to be honest. Sacramento St really didn't start putting points on the board, until the starting corners got hobbled with injuries.I think the reason for the speed difference that you saw may have also had something to do with being hobbled on there part.

You can go watch their games against Fresno State and Arizona State and you can see that they had real nice speed and Kevin Thompson was a beast. When I was watching the game last night the thought that kept going through my mind is that I would really have rather played the team on the field last night and the team on the field Midway through the season because it was not the same team. That is too bad and just a part of football and you have to weather the attrition.

The governor's were way too good of a team to not be playing near your best football and you guys made them pay for that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
December 8th, 2019, 10:02 PM
I saw this game like when UNI went out to a seeded Portland State team. First year with any real success and no playoff experience made them ripe for the upset.

Derby City Duke
December 8th, 2019, 10:02 PM
Congratulations Govs. Helluva performance!