PDA

View Full Version : TXST:Former Bobcat wide receiver readies for NFL camp

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 12:49 AM
White Signs as Rams' Free Agent
Former Bobcat wide receiver readies for NFL camp

Markee White, an all-conference wide receiver in 2005, has signed as a free agent with the St. Louis Rams.

May 2, 2007

At the conclusion of every NFL Draft there are always talented players whose names do not find there way to the draft board at any of the 32 teams' front offices. Still, there are the days that follow when the talented but undrafted begin emerging as teams' free agent additions.

For one former Texas State player, the opportunity has come a year later than he would have hoped.

Markee White, a First-Team All-Southland Conference selection off the Bobcats' 2005 NCAA semifinalist squad, has signed as a free agent with the St. Louis Rams.

White is one of four wide receivers to sign a free agent contract with St. Louis and the team also took a receiver in the seventh round of last weekend's draft. The group will vie potentially for a sixth receiver spot on the team or for positions on the practice squad.

"I am determined and hungry to make the team," White said from his home in Long Beach. "The opportunity has presented itself, now I just have to go forward and do the best I can."

In his final year as a Bobcat, White led Texas State with 56 pass receptions for 786 yards and five touchdowns as a senior. He had a career-high 10 receptions for 157 yards in Texas State's 50-35 come-from-behind victory over Georgia Southern in the first round of the NCAA Division I playoffs in 2005.

Rams' minicamp is slated for May 12-15.

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050207aaa.html

TXST_CAT
May 22nd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Fast, Quick & Strong
D-line positions return experience, added depth

Nick Clark registered 51 tackles, had 5.5 quarterback sacks and four quarterback hurries last year as a sophomore.

July 24, 2006

Editor's Note: This preview of Texas State's defensive line positions is the seventh in a series of insights into the 2006 Texas State football season.

SAN MARCOS - With the loss of Fred Evans and Travis Upshaw, returning two-year starter Nick Clark at defensive end and heir-apparent to the nose guard position, Ramel Borner, will be the glue which holds a fast, quick and strong defensive line together.

Clark recorded 51 tackles a year ago to go along with two quarterback sacks and five tackles for lost yards.

"Nick has shown the most improvement in speed during the off season," said Texas State defensive line coach Kyle Tietz. "He has been good in the weight room and has incredible field awareness."

Last year, Borner benefited from Texas State using a two-platoon system for its interior linemen and gained a wealth of game experience despite playing behind an all-conference pick. He finished just outside the top 10 in tackles, registering 30 stops, including a quarterback sack during the year. He also had a 31-yard fumble return against Texas A&M.

"We're excited about Ramel's future," Tietz said. "I think he has the opportunity to step in and continue to get better. This spring he did a great job helping (red-shirted freshman) Clifford Gardner become a better player."

more...

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072406aac.html