PDA

View Full Version : T-Ball!

Eyes of Old Main
May 21st, 2007, 10:46 PM
Sorry to go off topic a bit, but proud Dad has to brag a bit...

Eyes Jr.'s t-ball team finished the regular season tonight with a 14-0 record and will start the park tournament next week with the #1 seed and a first round bye.

He's a long way from donning the Old Gold and Black, but he did finish the regular season with a smokin' hot .960 batting average which "ain't too shabby".

His team won the park tournament last year and finished 3rd in the city tournament and this years' team would have destroyed that team easily so hopefully the win streak will continue and good things will happen.

Now that my bragging has concluded, you may all carry on.

GeauxLions94
May 22nd, 2007, 06:31 AM

Eyes Jr.'s t-ball team finished the regular season tonight with a 14-0 record and will start the park tournament next week with the #1 seed and a first round bye.

He's a long way from donning the Old Gold and Black, but he did finish the regular season with a smokin' hot .960 batting average which "ain't too shabby".

His team won the park tournament last year and finished 3rd in the city tournament and this years' team would have destroyed that team easily so hopefully the win streak will continue and good things will happen.

Only a .960 batting average??? He should be cut from the team!

Just kidding. Congrats xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JoltinJoe
May 22nd, 2007, 07:46 AM
If this is the thread for Dads to brag:

I took my 4-year-old for his first golf lesson Sunday. He sunk a 30-foot putt. xhurrayx

I can't sink a 30-foot putt. :(

dungeonjoe
May 22nd, 2007, 07:48 AM

hey braggin' dad, I think there's room to post your pride on the Montana State Board!!! I just read this on terrierfans xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I hope he hits 1000 next year and that your pride and love for him grows even more!!

AppGuy04
May 22nd, 2007, 08:02 AM
I thought this was about hitting off Tim Wakefield

bison95
May 22nd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Cool deal Eyes. I took little bison to T-ball for two years(4 & 5 yearolds) he liked hanging out with his buddies, but didn't like T-ball. He naturally hits left handed (right for everything else) and they wouldn't let him hit from that side of the plate. At home now he tosses a ball up and wacks the crap out of it left handed. He has since dropped the T-ball and just waits for football. He just flat loves it. Even cried last fall when practice was rained out.

Eyes of Old Main
May 22nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Only a .960 batting average??? He should be cut from the team!

It was questionable call going into first base. He probably was safe. The umpire must have been from the SoCon.

Eyes of Old Main
May 22nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
He naturally hits left handed (right for everything else) and they wouldn't let him hit from that side of the plate. At home now he tosses a ball up and wacks the crap out of it left handed. He has since dropped the T-ball and just waits for football.

I've heard of that before. Coaches think it is for their best, but it really is generally becasue the coach is right handed and doesn't feel comfortable dealing with a lefty. So the end result is like your son; they get frustrated, don't have fun, and move on to something else. But, I'm glad football is going so well for him.

89Hen
May 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Congrats Eyes!

On the subject of eyes, we should all probably bat the opposite of what we are naturally. Nearly all people who are right handed are also right eye dominant, which when you bat is the back eye. Same goes for golf... it would help if you were left eye dominant and swung righty. xnodx

UNHWildCats
May 22nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
I have never heard of a tball league keeping track of stats or records.

Eyes of Old Main
May 22nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
I have never heard of a tball league keeping track of stats or records.

Youth baseball is quite serious here. T-ball at some parks don't, but most do. I don't see any reason not to keep score since if they don't, the people watching the game instinctively will. As for the personal stats, some teams do, others don't. Kind of depends on the parent that keeps the scorebook.

SU Jag
May 22nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Was Mel Kiper there scouting 4year oldsxlolx xlolx ?

Eyes of Old Main
May 22nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Was Mel Kiper there scouting 4year oldsxlolx xlolx ?

No, but opposing coaches do. Truly a sign of the apocalypse.

813Jag
May 23rd, 2007, 06:36 AM
I remember coaching in Coaches Pitch baseball, they didn't keep stats or scores. But at the end of the game we always got the same question "Did we win?" xlolx