PDA

View Full Version : Seeds

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 05:43 PM
I think this year is pretty tricky given the parity basically between #3 and #15 or so.

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber State
4. Wofford
5. Northern Iowa
6. Austin Peay
7. Central Connecticut State
8. Montana State

Honestly, I have no clue. This is probably a bit outside of the box but given the year anything is possible. The CAA and MVFC are down this year outside of JMU and NDSU. I think this is the year to open up the door a little bit.

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 05:45 PM
God, this is a ****show. My probably wrong take on who gets the Top 8.

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber State
4. Sacramento State
5. UNI
6. Montana State
7. Central Arkansas
8. Montana

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2019, 05:48 PM

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber State
4. Sacramento State
5. UNI
6. Montana State
7. Central Arkansas
8. MontanaThis looks pretty good to me except I am not so sure UNI should be seed. SDSU crushed them.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:49 PM
Monmouth, Central Connecticut State, and Wofford each have FCS winning streaks of 8+ games. I have a hard time keeping 1 of them out, let alone all 3. I'd put at least 2 in with seeds. Probably Monmouth/Wofford.

- - - Updated - - -

Sac State is currently losing btw

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 05:49 PM

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber State
4. Sacramento State
5. UNI
6. Montana State
7. Central Arkansas
8. Montana

I think one conference getting half the seeds would be an absolute crime. I don't see politics allowing that to happen.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:51 PM
I think one conference getting half the seeds would an absolute crime. I don't see politics allowing that to happen.

Remember, when the Big Sky had 3 seeds, they had 3 teams at 7-1, tying for a championship. I don't see that level repeating IMO, especially if Sac State loses and Montana getting blown out as they did.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 06:00 PM
Sac St/Davis game will still have a big impact on this.

I think NDSU, JMU, Weber, Montana, St, and Montana are all seeded. After that Sac St takes another if they win and I think they're out of the seeds if they lose. So those last 2-3 seeds come down to CCSU, Illinois St, Monmouth, Nicholls, SDSU, Wofford, UCA, UNI, and Villanova. As to who in that group I have no idea. I'll look deeper into it tonight after the Sac St/Davis game finishes up.

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 06:00 PM
Monmouth, Central Connecticut State, and Wofford each have FCS winning streaks of 8+ games. I have a hard time keeping 1 of them out, let alone all 3. I'd put at least 2 in with seeds. Probably Monmouth/Wofford.

- - - Updated - - -

Sac State is currently losing btw
I’ll change my seeding opinion if Sac State loses. It’s a 7 point game at halftime.

I love a good story and it’s great to see CCSU and Monmouth succeeding. But they don’t deserve seeds over Montana. Or UCA. Who have they played? 7-1 against Montana’s schedule is a lot more impressive than 8-0 against Monmouth’s schedule. Or CCSU’s.

I can see an argument with Wofford. Maybe UCA misses out and the Terriers take that 7 seed.

clenz
November 23rd, 2019, 06:04 PM
This looks pretty good to me except I am not so sure UNI should be seed. SDSU crushed them.Which was clearly an outlier performance for both teams over the last months

UNI crushed ISUR
UNI beat USD pretty handily
SDSU lost to both
UNI finished second outright in the conference. SDSU 4th

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 06:11 PM
Digging into a little more and one team I think can be taken out of seed discussion is Villanova. They have 1 win over a team with a winning record and that's over 7-5 almost certainly non-playoff bound Towson. They're also one of 5-7 Stony Brook's 2 CAA wins.

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2019, 06:15 PM
Which was clearly an outlier performance for both teams over the last months

UNI crushed ISUR
UNI beat USD pretty handily
SDSU lost to both
UNI finished second outright in the conference. SDSU 4th

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkYea, it is a cluster

Dane96
November 23rd, 2019, 06:28 PM
Sac St/Davis game will still have a big impact on this.

I think NDSU, JMU, Weber, Montana, St, and Montana are all seeded. After that Sac St takes another if they win and I think they're out of the seeds if they lose. So those last 2-3 seeds come down to CCSU, Illinois St, Monmouth, Nicholls, SDSU, Wofford, UCA, UNI, and Villanova. As to who in that group I have no idea. I'll look deeper into it tonight after the Sac St/Davis game finishes up.

Why is anyone talking about 'Nova as a seed, as a third place team out of the CAA. Seriously...does anyone do actual game research.

'Nova owns three wins against probably one of the weaker conferences this year, the Patriot. Those three wins Bucknell, Lehigh, and Colgate, who own a combined 11-25 record, and the best OOC win being Lehigh's 10-3 win over FCS debutante, Merrimack. To be VERY clear, that's the ONLY OOC win for any of those three teams. Those three teams also finished 3, 4, 5 in the Patriot.

They beat Towson by a TD at Towson. They beat W&M by a TD. They lost to Stony Brook by a point. They (arguably) played JMU well. They lost at UNH. Beat Richmond at home by 7. They put a hurting on Delaware. And they beat a REALLY bad FCS debutante, LIU.

This has to be one of the WEAKEST 9-3 schedules, EVER. Truly. 5 of their 9 wins have come against some of the worst football teams in the country. Towson is their best win...followed by the Delaware bashing.

Compared:

Lost Opener on Road to MAC West 2nd Place team (7-4).
Hammer NEC team by 42
Hammer Patriot League 2nd place team (league is bad) by 29--was 36 until a late TD
Lose on the road to Monmouth in OT by a FG, after placekicker misses 2 FG's under 30 yards (one in OT). Monmouth dominates its league.
Controls W&M and wins by 8
Hammered Towson by 17 on the road
Loses a squeaker to Richmond on the road after, after placekicker misses a PAT and a very makeable FG
Handles the middle of the pack in the CAA
Has a stinker against Maine who up until today, was on a major run of wins.

In the end, Albany:

Had 1 loss to an FBS with a Freshman QB playing in his fourth full game (three to end last season).
Had 1 loss in OT to the team that wins its league in dominating fashion (Monmouth)
Had 1 loss on the road to Richmond, by 3 after its kicker shat the bed
Had 1 stinker of a loss to a mid-pack CAA team.

Albany's SOS is light years ahead of 'Nova...and 'Nova's JMU loss on the road literally is equal to that of Albany's Central Michigan loss on the road.
The rest of the schedule's do not match...and I think UA's win over Towson is better than 'Nova's win against Delaware today.

If Albany wasn't pre-season picked by the CAA coaches near the bottom...would they be sitting in the Top 20 and would people be discussing a seed. I think so.
It's crazy to say the third place team in the CAA deserves to be in the seed conversation when the 2nd place team played better competition and did more with it. Albany's four losses are better than 'Nova's 3. Full stop.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 06:30 PM
Why is anyone talking about 'Nova as a seed, as a third place team out of the CAA. Seriously...does anyone do actual game research.

'Nova owns three wins against probably one of the weaker conferences this year, the Patriot. Those three wins Bucknell, Lehigh, and Colgate, who own a combined 11-25 record, and the best OOC win being Lehigh's 10-3 win over FCS debutante, Merrimack. To be VERY clear, that's the ONLY OOC win for any of those three teams. Those three teams also finished 3, 4, 5 in the Patriot.

They beat Towson by a TD at Towson. They beat W&M by a TD. They lost to Stony Brook by a point. They (arguably) played JMU well. They lost at UNH. Beat Richmond at home by 7. They put a hurting on Delaware. And they beat a REALLY bad FCS debutante, LIU.

This has to be one of the WEAKEST 9-3 schedules, EVER. Truly. 5 of their 9 wins have come against some of the worst football teams in the country. Towson is their best win...followed by the Delaware bashing.

Compared:

Lost Opener on Road to MAC West 2nd Place team (7-4).
Hammer NEC team by 42
Hammer Patriot League 2nd place team (league is bad) by 29--was 36 until a late TD
Lose on the road to Monmouth in OT by a FG, after placekicker misses 2 FG's under 30 yards (one in OT). Monmouth dominates its league.
Controls W&M and wins by 8
Hammered Towson by 17 on the road
Loses a squeaker to Richmond on the road after, after placekicker misses a PAT and a very makeable FG
Handles the middle of the pack in the CAA
Has a stinker against Maine who up until today, was on a major run of wins.

In the end, Albany:

Had 1 loss to an FBS with a Freshman QB playing in his fourth full game (three to end last season).
Had 1 loss in OT to the team that wins its league in dominating fashion (Monmouth)
Had 1 loss on the road to Richmond, by 3 after its kicker shat the bed
Had 1 stinker of a loss to a mid-pack CAA team.

Albany's SOS is light years ahead of 'Nova...and 'Nova's JMU loss on the road literally is equal to that of Albany's Central Michigan loss on the road.
The rest of the schedule's do not match...and I think UA's win over Towson is better than 'Nova's win against Delaware today.

If Albany wasn't pre-season picked by the CAA coaches near the bottom...would they be sitting in the Top 20 and would people be discussing a seed. I think so.
It's crazy to say the third place team in the CAA deserves to be in the seed conversation when the 2nd place team played better competition and did more with it. Albany's four losses are better than 'Nova's 3. Full stop.
I agree, you're preaching to the choir. See my post lower on that page.

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2019, 06:36 PM
I agree, you're preaching to the choir. See my post lower on that page.The Albany SOS and Villanova SOS is not that far apart if you believe that voodoo. I don't really think either team deserves a seed, I mentioned Villanova because of where they are at in the AGS poll and what happened above them today.

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2019, 06:36 PM
Don’t disagree with the analysis put forth. Poor little old Nova will be glad to play in the 1st round whomever the commitee deems worthy. xpeacex

Dane96
November 23rd, 2019, 06:42 PM
I agree, you're preaching to the choir. See my post lower on that page.

Apologies, I didn’t read the rest before I responded. I have kept quiet all year about Albany and I’m just sick of the rankings / pundits who don’t do their homework. The fact that Towson, Nova, Kennesaw, to name a few were ranked last week and Albany was not is mind boggling.

Kennesaw being ranked where they are is just flat out “criminal”.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 07:13 PM
The Albany SOS and Villanova SOS is not that far apart if you believe that voodoo. I don't really think either team deserves a seed, I mentioned Villanova because of where they are at in the AGS poll and what happened above them today.
Agreed, the CAA does not get a second seed.

Sac St just went up 10 on UC Davis with 3 minutes to go. They're a lock for a seed and probably seeded in the top 4 with wins over Montana St and Montana.

#7 and #8 seeds up for grabs though. Unless they really want to punish Montana for getting blown out today or they really don't want to give the Big Sky 4 seeds.... then 3 seeds up for grabs.

Bisonoline
November 23rd, 2019, 07:15 PM
Apologies, I didn’t read the rest before I responded. I have kept quiet all year about Albany and I’m just sick of the rankings / pundits who don’t do their homework. The fact that Towson, Nova, Kennesaw, to name a few were ranked last week and Albany was not is mind boggling.

Kennesaw being ranked where they are is just flat out “criminal”.

xnodxxthumbsupx

apaladin
November 23rd, 2019, 07:27 PM
To have Central Arkansas as a seed would be ridiculous. The clearly #3 team from the Southland? Why are they ranked as high as they are? They have rode that win over WKU all year and it is beat to death. They got wore out by Nicholls and SELa and have two one point wins over Southland bottom feeders. They lost 34-0 to SE La 2 weeks ago.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 07:27 PM
Wofford is borderline a seed right now. If we don't get it, we don't get it.

But I'm telling ya, Sac State is going to disappoint in the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

97Torero
November 23rd, 2019, 07:34 PM
If Monmouth is a seed, then San Diego should be too. Let’s be realistic. Pioneer, patriot, NEC and big south are not getting seeded in the top 8.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 07:37 PM
If Monmouth is a seed, then San Diego should be too. Let’s be realistic. Pioneer, patriot, NEC and big south are not getting seeded in the top 8.

Colgate was seeded last year without beating a team with a winning record.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 07:37 PM
How I think it will go:

1: NDSU
2: JMU
3: Sac St
4: Montana St
5: Weber St
6: Northern Iowa
7: CCSU
8: Montana/Monmouth

How I think it should go:

5: Montana
6: Weber St
7: UNI
8: APSU/SDSU/UCA

PantherRob82
November 23rd, 2019, 07:38 PM
Wofford is borderline a seed right now. If we don't get it, we don't get it.

But I'm telling ya, Sac State is going to disappoint in the playoffs.

I agree. I would actually prefer a first-round game and getting sent to Sac State then the seven or eight seed.

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2019, 07:41 PM
How I think it will go:

I think this is spot on for both.

BEAR
November 23rd, 2019, 07:41 PM
To have Central Arkansas as a seed would be ridiculous. The clearly #3 team from the Southland? Why are they ranked as high as they are? They have rode that win over WKU all year and it is beat to death. They got wore out by Nicholls and SELa and have two one point wins over Southland bottom feeders. They lost 34-0 to SE La 2 weeks ago.

Tell us how you really feel. xcoffeexxlolx
I mean it has been a loooong time since UCA was seeded so I get your point.

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 07:50 PM
How I think it will go:

So Weber wins the big sky and has the head to head against Sac (co-big Sky). Has one FCS loss. But seeded below two teams from the Big Sky who tied for 2nd?

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 07:56 PM
NDSU
JMU
Weber
Sac
Montana State
Montana
UNI
The rest

HensRock
November 23rd, 2019, 07:58 PM
My take:

#1 NDSU
#2 JMU
#3 Weber St.
#4 Sac St.
#5 UNI
#6 CCSU
#7 Wofford

I'm having trouble with #8. Thinking either Villanova, Montana St., or UCA (probably in roughly that order)

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 08:02 PM
I agree. I would actually prefer a first-round game and getting sent to Sac State then the seven or eight seed.It's no secret that I give every conference that isn't mine some ribbing on here. But if SDSU or UNI get bracketed with Sac State, I like them to win.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:11 PM
So Weber wins the big sky and has the head to head against Sac (co-big Sky). Has one FCS loss. But seeded below two teams from the Big Sky who tied for 2nd?

-On the road
-Kevin Thomson injured
-Wins against @Montana St and Montana

Just cause you have a H-H match-up does not necessarily mean you deserve to be ranked higher. See:
-UNH and Villanova
-SDSU and UNI
-ISUr and SDSU
-UCA and Nicholls
-Wofford and SCSU
-Etc...

mvemjsunpx
November 23rd, 2019, 08:12 PM
I'd really be surprised if CCSU got a seed.

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2019, 08:14 PM
So Weber wins the big sky and has the head to head against Sac (co-big Sky). Has one FCS loss. But seeded below two teams from the Big Sky who tied for 2nd?WSU should be the three seed

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 08:19 PM
I feel like this should be the top 6:

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber St
4. Sac St
5. Montana St
6. Montana

After that who knows... if it was up to me it would be.

7. SDSU
8. UNI

But it could easily be one of the group from Central Arkansas, Monmouth, and Wofford. I'm really not seeing the love for CCSU. I don't think they should be rewarded with a seed when they scheduled OOC as weak as they did. Call me anti-NEC biased if you will but put a CAA team or two on your schedule if you want to be in the seed conversation. Look at Monmouth, they scheduled a Big Sky and a CAA out of conference... reward them instead I say.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:23 PM

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber St
4. Sac St
5. Montana St
6. Montana

7. SDSU
8. UNI

But it could easily be one of the group from Central Arkansas, Monmouth, and Wofford. I'm really not seeing the love for CCSU. I don't think they should be rewarded with a seed when they scheduled OOC as weak as they did. Call me anti-NEC biased if you will but put a CAA team or two on your schedule if you want to be in the seed conversation.

Is this why Colgate was seeded in 2018?

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 08:24 PM
Is this why Colgate was seeded in 2018?
Yeah, they played two CAA teams OOC last year and they also played a much better FBS in 9-2 (at the time - would finish 11-2) Army.

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 08:26 PM
-On the road
-Kevin Thomson injured
-Wins against @Montana St and Montana

Just cause you have a H-H match-up does not necessarily mean you deserve to be ranked higher. See:
-UNH and Villanova
-SDSU and UNI
-ISUr and SDSU
-UCA and Nicholls
-Wofford and SCSU
-Etc...

Right, Weber was on the road and beat Sac. Thomson went down with Weber already up by 3 scores. We have one FCS loss @Montana, arguably the toughest place to play in FCS. We also have a top 10 win against UNI. Montana state and Montana both have 2 FCS losses and didn’t win the Big Sky.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 08:26 PM
Yeah, they played two CAA teams OOC last year and they also played a much better FBS in 9-2 (at the time - would finish 11-2) Army.

Those CAA teams stunk. I don't care what conference patch is on their jerseys.

reeder
November 23rd, 2019, 08:27 PM

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber St
4. Sac St
5. Montana St
6. Montana

7. SDSU
8. UNI

But it could easily be one of the group from Central Arkansas, Monmouth, and Wofford. I'm really not seeing the love for CCSU. I don't think they should be rewarded with a seed when they scheduled OOC as weak as they did. Call me anti-NEC biased if you will but put a CAA team or two on your schedule if you want to be in the seed conversation. Look at Monmouth, they scheduled a Big Sky and a CAA out of conference... reward them instead I say.

Don’t know about SDSU or UNI getting seeds at 8-4. I’d guess Villanova gets one and Wofford gets the other.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:36 PM

I just could see them trying to prevent 4 Big Sky, 2-3 MVFC, and 1 CAA team from getting in there by trying distribute the wealth. Also, UNH that year was not good.

Gil Dobie
November 23rd, 2019, 08:37 PM
NDSU

JMU

Sac St

Weber St

MSU

UNI

UCA

Montana

mvemjsunpx
November 23rd, 2019, 08:37 PM

Sac went 3-1 against the other teams in the Big Sky top-5. Weber & MSU were 1-1, Montana 2-2, and EWU 0-2.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 08:38 PM
Those CAA teams stunk. I don't care what conference patch is on their jerseys.
I'm talking more philospophically as a team from a lower tier conference. Show me some kind of willingness to prove your mettle OOC. UNH was coming off of 14 straight years of being in the playoffs so that fits the bill for me with Colgate's schedule last year. I realize that sounds a bit hypocritical when I also said that Colgate's FBS opponent last year was better than CCSU's FBS opponent was this year but I'm talking moreso about FCS opponents. Scheduling Fordham, Merrimack, Valpo, and Columbia show me that CCSU had no interest in doing that this year.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:41 PM
Right, Weber was on the road and beat Sac. Thomson went down with Weber already up by 3 scores. We have one FCS loss @Montana, arguably the toughest place to play in FCS. We also have a top 10 win against UNI. Montana state and Montana both have 2 FCS losses and didn’t win the Big Sky.

Almost every team ****s the bed in a season and I am chalking that one up to it. They have been downright dominant in every game they have played except @NAU and now UC-Davis (even though they put up 17 unanswered points in the 2nd half), so I'd say the one game they weren't dominant was on the road and in an elevation of almost 7k ft.

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 08:44 PM
Almost every team ****s the bed in a season and I am chalking that one up to it. They have been downright dominant in every game they have played except @NAU and now UC-Davis (even though they put up 17 unanswered points in the 2nd half), so I'd say the one game they weren't dominant was on the road and in an elevation of almost 7k ft.
So Montana was our game we pissed down our legs. What’s your point? I just don’t get why you’re ranking Weber last out of the 4 big sky playoff teams.

SUPharmacist
November 23rd, 2019, 08:50 PM

I think Weber is the 3. To me NDSU, JMU, WSU should be clear. Beyond that it is very messy.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2019, 08:50 PM
My guess:
1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber
4. Sac St
5. Montana St
6. Montana
7. UCA
8. CCSU

I'd probably have SDSU and UNI at 7 and 8 due to SOS but I'm sure the committee will spread the love to a couple more conferences.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:51 PM
So Montana was our game we pissed down our legs. What’s your point? I just don’t get why you’re ranking Weber last out of the 4 big sky playoff teams.

WSU:
-Win: @Sac St
-Loss: @Montana

Sac St:
-Win: @Montana St
-Win: Montana
-Loss: WSU

Montana:
-Win: WSU
-Loss: @Montana St
-Loss: @Sac St

Montana St:
-Loss: Sac St

You tell me the order of the 4 then?

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 08:55 PM
WSU:

Sac St:

Montana:

Montana St:

How about the order of the Big Sky standings? Auto bid and championship means nothing?

ElCid
November 23rd, 2019, 08:57 PM
Don’t know about SDSU or UNI getting seeds at 8-4. I’d guess Villanova gets one and Wofford gets the other.

Yeah, they may both be good, but looking at an objective data point, according to Massey, UNI has one win in the top 40 (Ill St), but no bad losses. Lots of wins above that. SDSU has 2, ... one being UNI, the other is 7-5 S Ill. But they have 1 semi bad loss. The rest of their W's are ranked at 50+. If I was to guess which gets it, if either does, I would say SDSU.

But then again, What other choices are there? Ill St is just about in the same position couple good wins and a bad loss. Some of Nova's wins are not bad. One semi bad loss. But they have 4 top 40 wins according to Massey. Wofford has one with 2 bad losses, but not recent. Monmouth has two top 40 wins and no bad losses. CCSU has none of either. I am going to go with Monmouth as the unexpected longshot. With a loss to Montana (by about the same amount as Weber lost) and FBS. BUT, Nova would be a good guess as well. I think Wofford is a long shot behind Nova a Monmouth.

I'm just using Massey as common measuring stick, it has its flaws, but it is a measuring stick.

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 08:58 PM
Weber also beat UNI, North Dakota. Montana state lost to North Dakota. If Montana won today I’d be fine being seeded below Montana and Sac but as it stands it’s either sac or Weber with the higher seeds.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:59 PM
How about the order of the Big Sky standings? Auto bid and championship means nothing?

Serious question then.

Should Nicholls have a better shot at a seed than say UCA due to the "Auto bid and championship means nothing" argument? Stay consistent here please.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 08:59 PM
I'm confident Weber will be the 3 seed. Outright champs of arguably the best conference this season....

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 09:00 PM
Serious question then.

Should Nicholls have a better shot at a seed than say UCA due to the "Auto bid and championship means nothing" argument? Stay consistent here please.
I never have mentioned those teams. But their conference doesn’t have 4 top 10 teams either.

cx500d
November 23rd, 2019, 09:01 PM
WSU:

Sac St:

Montana:

Montana St:

Sac, Weber, MSU uom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElCid
November 23rd, 2019, 09:06 PM
WSU:

Sac St:

Montana:

Montana St:

Sac St:

WSU:

Montana St:

Montana:

It was hard, but that's how I ranked them in the end. Lots of mental gymnastics. The hardest was 1 and 2. I'm sure lots of people have their own way of figuring it and I am not sure there will be a consensus.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 09:08 PM
I never have mentioned those teams. But their conference doesn’t have 4 top 10 teams either.

It's a valid argument since UCA is in line for a potential 8 seed, yet they did not win the "Auto bid and championship". I am asking you again, show me your top 8 then?

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 09:09 PM
Sac St:

WSU:

Montana St:

Montana:

It was hard, but that's how I ranked them in the end. Lots of mental gymnastics. The hardest was 1 and 2. I'm sure lots of people have their own way of figuring it and I am not sure there will be a consensus.
I ranked Weber St above Sac St also due to the fact that Weber St has a win over UNI and UND (I also gave Sac St some credit for their win over EWU) and Weber St had 2 more D1 wins.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2019, 09:12 PM
It's a valid argument since UCA is in line for a potential 8 seed, yet they did not win the "Auto bid and championship". I am asking you again, show me your top 8 then?

UCA does have the G5 scalp and 1 just top 40 win (Austin Peay). They lost to the other two top 40 games they had. They are not bad, but many folks in front of them.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2019, 09:17 PM
Anybody arguing Sac over Weber is doing it wrong. There's zero justification for it.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2019, 09:17 PM
I ranked Weber St above Sac St also due to the fact that Weber St has a win over UNI and UND (I also gave Sac St some credit for their win over EWU) and Weber St had 2 more D1 wins.

Actually, one more win, but I looked at that. It was close. I looked at some home and away and margins, etc. I don't think it is very far apart.

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2019, 09:21 PM
Serious question then.

IMO, Nicholls is a better football team than UCA, especially now that they have all of their weapons on offense. UCA has one more win, including the FBS win over WKU, but the Colonels have a dominant head-to-head win and beat us, who dominated UCA in Conway. While I could understand UCA getting a seed, I'd have a problem with them getting it over Nicholls. Especially having played them both recently.

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 09:21 PM
NDSU
JMU
Weber
Sac
Montana State
Montana
UNI
#8- Insert anyone CCSU, Monmouth, Villanova. I'll be honest. I don't really follow anyone outside the Big Sky, MVFC, CAA and Ohio Valley. I watch San Diego every once in a while because they are often an OOC game for the Big Sky.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 09:22 PM
Sac, Weber, MSU uom

Sac St:

WSU:

Montana St:

Montana:

There won't be. That's the whole point. I do not think you can separate the 4 and I believe they sit 3-6. It all depends on how you see them. I do not trust Constantine to lead them, especially when they play a stout defensive team. WSU has had a Top 5 overall (not this weak defense some eastern schools parrot) defense and I fully believe if they do not give up more than 20, they will win, but I do not trust him to sling the ball around.

Here is his stats compared to his counterparts (mind you Montana St has no "QB" per say)

Constantine
165-260-1733
11 TDs
9 INTs
Not a mobile QB (About 100 total rushing yds)

Thompson
214-340-2606
24 TDs
7 INTs
90 rushes for 416yds
8 TDs

Sneed
208-311-2528
19 TDs
8 INTs
72 rushes for 224yds
5 TDs

Rovig/Anderson (one is passing and one is rushing and Anderson can truck some people)
122-207-1426
10 TDs
4 INTs
49 rushes for 353yds
7 TDs

Between these 4 QBs (5 due to MSUs hybrid offense), I fully believe that once a game starts to get out of hand, and they can't hand it off to either Smith Jr or Davis, it will not end well.

Redbird 4th & short
November 23rd, 2019, 09:22 PM
This looks pretty good to me except I am not so sure UNI should be seed. SDSU crushed them.
agree .. UNI is 7 or 8 seed at best, similar boat as MOntana. Wondering if they spread some love to Villanova at 9-3 coming from Colonial, over UNI or Montana.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 09:24 PM
IMO, Nicholls is a better football team than UCA, especially now that they have all of their weapons on offense. UCA has one more win, including the FBS win over WKU, but the Colonels have a dominant head-to-head win and beat us, who dominated UCA in Conway. While I could understand UCA getting a seed, I'd have a problem with them getting it over Nicholls. Especially having played them both recently.

BTW, back to the thread: bold predictions, I said Nicholls would make the Semis

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 09:24 PM
Anybody arguing Sac over Weber is doing it wrong. There's zero justification for it.
Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcRS5eUpwk

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 09:30 PM
There won't be. That's the whole point. I do not think you can separate the 4 and I believe they sit 3-6. It all depends on how you see them. I do not trust Constantine to lead them, especially when they play a stout defensive team. WSU has had a Top 5 overall (not this weak defense some eastern schools parrot) defense and I fully believe if they do not give up more than 20, they will win, but I do not trust him to sling the ball around.

Here is his stats compared to his counterparts (mind you Montana St has no "QB" per say)

Constantine
165-260-1733
11 TDs
9 INTs
Not a mobile QB (About 100 total rushing yds)

Thompson
214-340-2606
24 TDs
7 INTs
90 rushes for 416yds
8 TDs

Sneed
208-311-2528
19 TDs
8 INTs
72 rushes for 224yds
5 TDs

Rovig/Anderson (one is passing and one is rushing and Anderson can truck some people)
122-207-1426
10 TDs
4 INTs
49 rushes for 353yds
7 TDs

Between these 4 QBs (5 due to MSUs hybrid offense), I fully believe that once a game starts to get out of hand, and they can't hand it off to either Smith Jr or Davis, it will not end well.
Are you arguing seeding or which team is built better to win the whole thing? That's a completely different argument.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 09:36 PM
Are you arguing seeding or which team is built better to win the whole thing? That's a completely different argument.

No. I am going off of other metrics. I was just using that to show that if you only have a defense and no offense, it will come back to bite you.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 09:40 PM
Undisputed seeds: NDSU, JMU, Montana State, Weber, Sac State (ignore the order for simplicity )

The candidates for the next 3:
SDSU
UNI
Montana
Wofford
Villanova
Monmouth
Central Connecticut State
Central Arkansas
And maybe Kennesaw (because the committee does weird/dumb things sometimes)

Am I missing anyone?

97Torero
November 23rd, 2019, 09:47 PM
Look at all the big sky teams hoping for a seed, so they can avoid USD (the San Diego version) in the first round.

BEAR
November 23rd, 2019, 10:33 PM
UCA has:

FBS scalp- Western Kentucky went on to have a good year.
OOC FCS win on road over Austin Peay.
Had ONE home game before Oct. 12th. Traveled nearly 10,000 miles in that time period.
An SLC championship
Second SLC championship in three years. (Likely would have been third if both starting QB and his backup hadn't suffered season ending injuries in the fourth game of the season last year. )
SOS of 33
Durable in adversity. Had 6 games with strong second half performances.
Tons of injuries. For example, both the first and second leading receivers are out for the season yet their backups are excelling.
Young head coach that seems to find the right formulas to win games.
Can afford to host. Should sell out small stadium if hosting.
Plays in a conference where the only teams to beat the Bears both had a shot to win the title the last game of the season and both should be in the playoffs. Hopefully.
QB has 3500 yards and 31 TDs and is completing 64 percent of his passes. Now if he could get those freshman backup receivers to be on the same page!
Has a pretty darn good WR in Hudson who has about 1000 yards and 12 TDs. Kid is good for a freshman.

CopperCat
November 23rd, 2019, 11:51 PM
Look at all the big sky teams hoping for a seed, so they can avoid USD (the San Diego version) in the first round.

xlolx San Diegans LOVE the Montana weather up here!

Catbooster
November 24th, 2019, 12:03 AM
Ahh. You're onto us. Our team was planning to lose the game today, but then they heard we may have to play USD so they decided to win so that they could get a seed and avoid playing you in the first round. xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2019, 12:16 AM
Apparently there are going to be a lot of surprised people when Monmouth is the 7th or 8th seed

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2019, 12:48 AM
*#3 Montana gets waxed by MSU on the road*
Everyone: “They’re clearly the #8 seed at best”

*#3 Weber State gets waxed by Montana on the road the prior week*
Everyone: “Give this team the #3 seed, obviously”

GreatGreatGreat
November 24th, 2019, 12:57 AM

If it makes you feel better, I think you deserve #6. To be fair, todays loss is a big one. From a Weber perspective, it looks somewhat unfair but MSU and Sac would probably disagree. You lost the share of the championship and now you have two FCS losses compared to only 1 FCS loss teams in Sac and Weber. And it’s fresh on everyone’s mind for selection Sunday.

mvemjsunpx
November 24th, 2019, 01:06 AM

The problem for the Griz, though, is that they have 2 blowout losses to other Big Sky teams.

(I think the Griz will get #7, FWIW)

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2019, 01:13 AM
If it makes you feel better, I think you deserve #6. To be fair, todays loss is a big one. From a Weber perspective, it looks somewhat unfair but MSU and Sac would probably disagree. You lost the share of the championship and now you have two FCS losses compared to only 1 FCS loss teams in Sac and Weber. And it’s fresh on everyone’s mind for selection Sunday.

The problem for the Griz, though, is that they have 2 blowout losses to other Big Sky teams.

(I think the Griz will get #7, FWIW)
I don't disagree with either of these, honestly.

I'm fine with Sac and MSU leaping ahead, but rocketing Weber back to #3 after last weekend makes zero sense to me.

Blowout losses on the road to top-10 teams should sink your ranking, or they shouldn't.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 07:25 AM
I don't disagree with either of these, honestly.

I'm fine with Sac and MSU leaping ahead, but rocketing Weber back to #3 after last weekend makes zero sense to me.

Blowout losses on the road to top-10 teams should sink your ranking, or they shouldn't.
People overreact all the time when a team loses a surprising game or by a surprising margin late in the season. I only bumped Weber down to 4 last week (behind Montana). Likewise with Montana I can't see a big drop (further than to 6 or so) just because they still have that win over Weber and they still have a really good win over Monmouth (who has an argument to be seeded themselves).

Gil Dobie
November 24th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Apparently there are going to be a lot of surprised people when Monmouth is the 7th or 8th seed

Not surprised, as Kennesaw was seeded in the past. Are they the 8th best?

Reign of Terrier
November 24th, 2019, 08:09 AM
On one hand, sometimes blowout losses come down to less than 10 of 120+ plays, so I definitely understand the perspective that people over-react to them.

On another, it's really hard to lose by 30 if you're a good team. Most teams get the ball 11-13 times. The best offenses in the game will only score about 55% of the time. And the best defenses will prevent points 75% of the time. So to lose by 30+ as Montana did you have to have a supremely bad day.

As the resident non-"power" contrarian, it bothers me that some of these teams can lose games by 3 scores + in November and still be considered for a seed. I mean, didn't Monmouth lose to Montana earlier in the year by a similar margin as Weber.

As I've said for weeks now, most teams in the FCS have a headscratching loss or two. There are good arguments for rank-ordering any team/number of teams in any way. But it bothers me that a critical number of people choose the reasoning to keep these teams in a seed position.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Not surprised, as Kennesaw was seeded in the past. Are they the 8th best?
As much as people love to **** on them KSU deserved to be seeded last year. They went undefeated against FCS teams which included a win over OVC champ Jacksonville St. They had no business at #2 which is where the Coaches and STATS Polls had them but #4 is also where the AGS Poll had them on Selection Sunday last year.

Last year, during the midseason committee top 10 release KSU was actually lower than all the polls, including AGS, had them at the time. I'm not sure where the notion comes from that the committee loves Kennesaw so much... if anything they've shown the opposite.

FargoBison
November 24th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Yeah, if you have Monmouth getting a seed than you gotta have KSU firmly in because really that is all Monmouth has to lean on.

JayJ79
November 24th, 2019, 08:28 AM
"Team B shouldn't get a seed because they lost to Team A by a large margin (late in the season, in a rivalry game). Team C should get the seed instead"
Of course if Team C actually played Team A under the same circumstances, they would have lost by more.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Yeah, if you have Monmouth getting a seed than you gotta have KSU firmly in because really that is all Monmouth has to lean on.
Monmouth also beat Albany. If CCSU can get a seed beating nobody even near the playoffs Monmouth can get a seed with wins over Albany and bubblicious KSU being their signature wins.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2019, 08:46 AM
agree .. UNI is 7 or 8 seed at best, similar boat as MOntana. Wondering if they spread some love to Villanova at 9-3 coming from Colonial, over UNI or Montana.I got UNI and Montana still ahead of Villanova but I wouldn't be surprised if they were gifted a seed for some reason.

bwbear
November 24th, 2019, 09:14 AM

You're looking at a single game instance instead of the whole picture of teams.

Yes, UCA lost to both SLU and Nicholls, and lost ugly.
However...

UCA's only losses are to an FBS bowl eligible team and two teams with 7-4/8-4 records that were in the conference race.
Nicholls lost to SHSU by shut-out, a team UCA beat.
Nicholls lost to ACU, a 5-7 team, a team UCA beat.
Nicholls only OOC win was to a 5-5 team.
UCA has OOC wins against an FBS team and the OVC champion.

It's not just the head-to-head that matters in who is where, but it is also who did you beat AND who did you lose to, and how did you do out of conference. Nicholls losing to a sub .500 team hurts any chances of them being a seed, even if they beat UCA.

MUHAWKS
November 24th, 2019, 10:32 AM
All just talk right now we will find out soon enough but I think the politics are leaning in Monmouth's favor for a seed.

I know we are getting a home game regardless and with Towson maybe on the bubble or probably out and Albany in from a regional perspective, CCSU, Holy Cross, Nova and Albany would be the logical 1st rd match ups (not sure who playing who) with winners going to James Madison and Monmouth is rd 2.

There is a NEED for an east coast seed other than James Madison- Not saying it HAS to work like that but Monmouth has won 8 straight games and most of them have been blowouts where we are scoring 45 pts a game. Despite what "we" think about Kennesaw they are still ranked top 10 and we demolished them. Albany is a shoe in playoff team and we beat them. Our 2"close" wins to bad teams get trumped by 6 dominant blowout wins against everyone else we played. We went INTO Montana and played them as good or better than Weber State.

We all know in most years the 5th or 6th best Big Sky or MVC team can probably beat the best teams in conferences like the NEC and Big South etc, but this just is not how the seedings and selections are truly made at the end of the day.

People have to come to grips that the CAA just is not as deep and good as thought b/c a of a label from years ago.. So any talk about Nova over Monmouth is absurd.

I think Monmouth will get a seed and maybe even as high as 6 or 7. Not too long we will see..

100%GRIZ
November 24th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Two things stick out to me involving Montana.
1. Montana beat Monmouth
2. Griz not being seeded means more $ for the NCAA!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2019, 11:01 AM
I'll laugh if somehow Villanova draws Holy Cross given the 'Cats ownership of the PL and the Crusaders being the field's weakest team. That would be like getting a seed/bye.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Monmouth also beat Albany. If CCSU can get a seed beating nobody even near the playoffs Monmouth can get a seed with wins over Albany and bubblicious KSU being their signature wins.

Re-match seems likely

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 11:09 AM
@NCAA_FCS tweets out that the top 4 seeds in alphabetical order is JMU, NDSU, Sac St, and Weber St.

Sure seems like Weber St will be the 3 seed. I don't know how you'd put Sac St at #3 and Weber St at #4. If Sac St was the #3 I'd assume someone like Montana St would've been the #4.

TennBison
November 24th, 2019, 11:18 AM
Two things stick out to me involving Montana.
1. Montana beat Monmouth
2. Griz not being seeded means more $ for the NCAA!
​But we all know the NCAA is not all about making money. They are in it for the student athletes and the fairness of the game.

No_Skill
November 24th, 2019, 11:30 AM
​But we all know the NCAA is not all about making money. They are in it for the student athletes and the fairness of the game.

Yeah, that's why they make selection rules that regionalizes the tournament. They want travel to be "easier" for the student athletes.

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2019, 11:30 AM
All just talk right now we will find out soon enough but I think the politics are leaning in Monmouth's favor for a seed.

I know we are getting a home game regardless and with Towson maybe on the bubble or probably out and Albany in from a regional perspective, CCSU, Holy Cross, Nova and Albany would be the logical 1st rd match ups (not sure who playing who) with winners going to James Madison and Monmouth is rd 2.

There is a NEED for an east coast seed other than James Madison- Not saying it HAS to work like that but Monmouth has won 8 straight games and most of them have been blowouts where we are scoring 45 pts a game. Despite what "we" think about Kennesaw they are still ranked top 10 and we demolished them. Albany is a shoe in playoff team and we beat them. Our 2"close" wins to bad teams get trumped by 6 dominant blowout wins against everyone else we played. We went INTO Montana and played them as good or better than Weber State.

We all know in most years the 5th or 6th best Big Sky or MVC team can probably beat the best teams in conferences like the NEC and Big South etc, but this just is not how the seedings and selections are truly made at the end of the day.

People have to come to grips that the CAA just is not as deep and good as thought b/c a of a label from years ago.. So any talk about Nova over Monmouth is absurd.

I think Monmouth will get a seed and maybe even as high as 6 or 7. Not too long we will see..

KSU is not a top-10 team regardless of the polls and rankings. They have 2 sub-Division I wins and lost their only Top-50 game vs. Monmouth.

Sure Albany lost to Monmouth, but they have much better wins than KSU. Giving any weight to KSU this year is a crime.

I do think they want to give the East a second seed, but I wouldn't wrap it up in Monmouth's favor yet.

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2019, 11:37 AM
1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Weber
4. Sac State

Bisonator
November 24th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Bunnies get the 7 seed.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Wow SDSU and UCA get seeds!

I think SDSU is middling and not at all deserving of a seed. UCA is a surprise too imo.

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Wow! They moved SDSU to 7? Damn!

NDSU
Sac St
Montana St,
UCA

Count me in for that half of the bracket.

JMU
WSU
Montana
SDSU

That bracket blows.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2019, 11:40 AM
Wow! They moved SDSU to 7? Damn!

NDSU
Sac St
Montana St,
UCA

Count me in for that half of the bracket.

JMU
WSU
Montana
SDSU

That bracket blows.

NDSU and JMU should cruise to Frisco imo.

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Cant wait for the tears about bias.

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Villanova not getting one and the big sky getting 4 is a joke lol. Also SDSU is a great team but a 4th loss in the last week should have put them out of a seed contention IMO

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 11:42 AM
NDSU and JMU should cruise to Frisco imo.

I am impressed that they didn't load up on the brackets this year for either side. I thought for certain SDSU was going to get #8

I will say this, I think NDSU has a slightly easier side though.

Bisonator
November 24th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Cant wait for the tears about bias.
Jay Howard is gonna start bawling soon...xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 11:43 AM
Villanova not getting one and the big sky getting 4 is a joke lol. Also SDSU is a great team but a 4th loss in the last week should have put them out of a seed contention IMO

The Big Sky deserved 4 though.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Villanova not getting one and the big sky getting 4 is a joke lol. Also SDSU is a great team but a 4th loss in the last week should have put them out of a seed contention IMOAbsolutely and if SIU doesn't make the playoffs, SDSU has one quality win on the year.

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 11:44 AM
I am impressed that they didn't load up on the brackets this year for either side. I thought for certain SDSU was going to get #8

I will say this, I think NDSU has a slightly easier side though.

The #1 seed is supposed to be a little easier.

Bisonator
November 24th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Bring on Nichols or the fawkers!:D

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 11:45 AM
GFCC making the playoffs is not a surprise. These commentators trying to make it seem like it is, is a joke.

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 11:46 AM
The #1 seed is supposed to be a little easier.

It's supposed to, but let's be honest, usually one side is more tilted than the other.

taper
November 24th, 2019, 11:47 AM
ISUr @ SEMO. This time yesterday ISUr was looking at a seed, now they're playing on the road. How quickly things change.

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 11:47 AM
It's supposed to, but let's be honest, usually one side is more tilted than the other.

Dont disagree with you on that.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2019, 11:48 AM
CCSU 11-1 and hitting the road!....lol

Bisonator
November 24th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Looks like SIU is gonna be left out.

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 11:50 AM
KSU what a joke.

taper
November 24th, 2019, 11:50 AM

What did you expect? The NEC isn't even remotely close to being a seed, and CCSU is small enough they can be outbid.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Nova vs Montana would be an interesting round 2 game....

UNHWildcat18
KSU... such a joke. Got smashed in a 1 bid league by Monmouth.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Monmouth vs Holy Cross to round out the bracket....

Bison56
Nova vs Montana would be an interesting round 2 game....

They have to get passed SLU first, and I dont think it will be easy.

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2019, 11:52 AM
lol UNI got screwed

Bisonator
November 24th, 2019, 11:53 AM
lol UNI got screwed
How so? I think they beat SD and SDSU.

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Leaving SIU out is bad. I knew KSU wasn't going to get left out

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Wait for Jay to cry about SCSU being left out

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Jay saying HC running the gauntlet of the PL......

Bisonator
Leaving SIU out is bad. I knew KSU wasn't going to get left out
Apparently 5 losses was a killer. IMO they should have been in over a couple of these teams.

TheKingpin28
Wait for Jay to cry about SCSU being left out

CALLED IT!

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Apparently 5 losses was a killer. IMO they should have been in over a couple of these teams.

KSU wasn't being left out with 10 wins, even though they should have been

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Overall, I think this year was extremely easy and the committee did a good job. With 24 teams the bubble is weak so you're not going to leave out a team that's going to challenge for anything anyway. As long as they got NDSU and JMU 1-2 the rest really doesn't matter imo. I think the fluff games should keep everyone content until Frisco.

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2019, 11:58 AM
In fairness, SCSU deserved to be in over KSU.

Sorry, but the love for KSU this season is a joke.

uofmman1122
How so? I think they beat SD and SDSU.
UNI got piss pounded by SDSU last weekend.

I think they can beat both those teams, but it's just rough to have to play the same team that blasted you so soon.

BEAR
Wow. There is a possibility that NDSU gets to play up to 2 SLC teams! Possible but not probable. xlolx

clenz
November 24th, 2019, 11:59 AM
**** off with this ****ing bull****

taper
November 24th, 2019, 11:59 AM
I like that NDSU's path is filled with new teams. Assuming home teams win, we had a home and home with Nicholls back in 2004/5 for our only meetup, we've never played Central Ark, and our 1 meeting with Sac St was in the 1988 D2 playoffs. Would be our 4th game with JMU, all in the FCS playoffs.

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 12:00 PM
In fairness, SCSU deserved to be in over KSU.

Sorry, but the love for KSU this season is a joke.

SIU deserved to be in over KSU

clenz
November 24th, 2019, 12:01 PM
UNI got piss pounded by SDSU last weekend.

I think they can beat both those teams, but it's just rough to have to play the same team that blasted you so soon.And UNI beat ****ing 5 win South Dakota. Guest who ****ing didn't yesterday?

UNI crushed Illinois State. Guess who ****ing lost to Illinois State.

Guess who finished OUTRIGHT SECOND in the MVFC. Guess who ****ing finished fourth.

Montana got ****ing crushed by Montana State and Sac State. Maybe they shouldn't be a ****ing seed either.

uofmman1122
November 24th, 2019, 12:10 PM
And UNI beat ****ing 5 win South Dakota. Guest who ****ing didn't yesterday?

Guess who finished OUTRIGHT SECOND in the MVFC. Guess who ****ing finished fourth.

Montana got ****ing crushed by Montana State and Sac State. Maybe they shouldn't be a ****ing seed either.

I mean, I'm with you on the SDSU/UNI thing.

Neither of those teams has a top-5 win, though, and we do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's clear the committee thought the Big Sky was the best conference, and rewarded our strength of schedule.

katss07
November 24th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Could’ve been worse...could’ve been much better.

SDSU being at 7 is a ****ing joke. UNI? Vollanova? Monmouth? Wofford? Did the committee not watch what happened in Vermillion yesterday? The Coyotes are BAD.

SIU and SCST are more deserving than KSU. The committee loves em. Now we have facts to prove it.

Southland>SoCon

Professor
November 24th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Congrats to NDSU on winning another title

mmiller_34
November 24th, 2019, 12:18 PM

SDSU being at 7 is a ****ing joke. UNI? Vollanova? Monmouth? Wofford? Did the committee not watch what happened in Vermillion yesterday? The Coyotes are BAD.

SIU and SCST are more deserving than KSU. The committee loves em. Now we have facts to prove it.

Southland>SoCon

Lol. I don’t disagree with you.

CopperCat
November 24th, 2019, 12:21 PM

Southland>SoCon

I think RoT’s head just exploded.

- - - Updated - - -

Southland>SoCon

I think RoT’s head just exploded.

RabidRabbit
November 24th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Selecting South Dakota Rather than Northern Iowa as seed was a miscarriage of justice. SDSU had to be awarded for close loss to Minnesota and NDSU. Only quality win was UNI. THe 2bd place MVFC team, by themselves, should have been UNI. Shame that Cedar Falls and Brookings are within driving distance. Jacks/Panthers getting as infamously connected as SDSU/NDSU in playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kdinva
November 24th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Screwed: S C State

should be kissing the committee: N. Dakota

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Plenty of teams had a legitimate shot to wrap up a seed the last two weeks. No one seemed to want it.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Screwed: S C State

should be kissing the committee: KSUFYP

Chalupa Batman
November 24th, 2019, 12:39 PM
That's the only change to the field I would have made too, have SC State in instead of Kennesaw

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2019, 12:40 PM
FYP

I don't disagree, but it's just really hard to overlook a 10 win team.

centennial
November 24th, 2019, 12:40 PM
KSU must have kissed a lot of asses.

NDSUKurt
November 24th, 2019, 12:43 PM
What I see:

1. The committee did not value wins over FBS this year.
2. I think Central Arkansas was under seeded - I personally think they should be the 4th or 5th.
3. I cannot believe that 4 teams from the Big Sky are seeded in the top 6. Maybe have Montana State at 7 or 8. Montana should not be seeded in my opinion.
4. Teams were not be penalized for playing 11 games in a 12 game season.
5. It looks like teams can play lower level teams and not be penalized for it. This does not surprise me. In 2013, after Montana State bought out NDSU, then athletic director of NDSU Gene Taylor called the NCAA and asked them if NDSU would be penalized if they only played 10 games in 2013 because NDSU could not find a FCS game to fill the schedule. (Ironically, 2013 was a 12 game season if teams wanted it, so NDSU was considering only playing 10 out of 12 games allowed). Gene Taylor said that the NCAA told him that playing ANY GAME was better than playing no game at all. With teams needing home home games to make budgets, we will always see lower division teams on schedules. But I do have a problem when teams schedule multiple lower division games in the same season.
6. There are a lot of mediocre teams in the FCS this year.

apaladin
November 24th, 2019, 12:45 PM
How does the clearly #3 team from the Southland conference get a seed???? Got routed by the other top 2(34-14 and 34-0) and barely beat two SLC bottom feeders by one point each. I think the lesson learned is to schedule a mediocre at best FBS team, beat them and ride that one win all the way to a seed.

HootyHoo
November 24th, 2019, 12:47 PM
Hoot Hoot baby! Three straight 10 win seasons deserves three consecutive playoff appearances. Tommy Bryant and the Owls are going to prove it by ending Wofford's season...again.

taper
November 24th, 2019, 12:48 PM
I'd like to recognize the committee for splitting the conferences pretty well. The only potential 2nd round conference matchup is UNI@SDSU and all conferences that have 2+ either have teams in both halves or wouldn't meet until the semis after beating seeds. That's actually pretty impressive, credit where it's due.

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2019, 12:49 PM
What I see:

1. The committee did not value wins over FBS this year.
2. I think Central Arkansas was under seeded - I personally think they should be the 4th or 5th.
3. I cannot believe that 4 teams from the Big Sky are seeded in the top 6. Maybe have Montana State at 7 or 8. Montana should not be seeded in my opinion.
4. Teams were not be penalized for playing 11 games in a 12 game season.
5. It looks like teams can play lower level teams and not be penalized for it. This does not surprise me. In 2013, after Montana State bought out NDSU, then athletic director of NDSU Gene Taylor called the NCAA and asked them if NDSU would be penalized if they only played 10 games in 2013 because NDSU could not find a FCS game to fill the schedule. (Ironically, 2013 was a 12 game season if teams wanted it, so NDSU was considering only playing 10 out of 12 games allowed). Gene Taylor said that the NCAA told him that playing ANY GAME was better than playing no game at all. With teams needing home home games to make budgets, we will always see lower division teams on schedules. But I do have a problem when teams schedule multiple lower division games in the same season.

I think the committee too actually watches a lot of the football games.

We get wrapped up in a lot of the numbers, because that is easily accessible to most of us. Watching the game usually discloses who the better teams in the country are.

Besides, pretty much everyone identified the bubble. It becomes a beauty contest at that point.

semobison
November 24th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Not a fan of The Griz and the Jacks backing into their seeds. Recent games should be of higher value than games that took place in September IMO. UNI placed 2nd alone in the MVFC, they should have received a seed.
Anyone who watched NDSU and SIU yesterday that think the Salukis are not one of the best 24 teams in the country is either blind or stupid!

centennial
November 24th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Hoot Hoot baby! Three straight 10 win seasons deserves three consecutive playoff appearances. Tommy Bryant and the Owls are going to prove it by ending Wofford's season...again.

Y'all barely beat a 1 win Missouri State team, have 2 D-2 wins. Didn't beat anyone with a pulse. You weren't even in my top 30, freaking South Dakota is better than you in the computer rankings. Stole SIU's spot.

taper
November 24th, 2019, 12:57 PM
What I see:

I still wonder what might have been if UMass, App, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion, Coastal, and Liberty didn't jump ship for permanent irrelevancy. Montana was offered a spot in the WAC a few years ago and wisely turned it down. Think Chatty said no to either the Sun Belt or CUSA too.

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Waste of a playoff spot.

ejjones
November 24th, 2019, 01:01 PM
I don't disagree, but it's just really hard to overlook a 10 win team.
so playing 2 NAIA teams for 10 wins is impressive?

Sitting Bull
November 24th, 2019, 01:04 PM
I still wonder what might have been if UMass, App, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion, Coastal, and Liberty didn't jump ship for permanent irrelevancy.

Safe to say that UMass would be battling URI for the basement slot in the CAA.

Not sure on ODU though the market and students there have largely lost interest in the CUSA set-up.

ejjones
November 24th, 2019, 01:07 PM
I'd like to recognize the committee for talking out both sides of their mouth. (when discussing why ND got in) We really looked at how they did against the field. They were 1-2 and a good Mon State win. Ok, fair. But, what was Kennesaw State or Furman record against the field 0- ?

How did they not ask about the two NAIA wins? The host didn't do their HW either.

BTW, Jay Walker called two of our games this year, so yes he's going to have first hand information unlike anyone else.

NDSUKurt
November 24th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Safe to say that UMass would be battling URI for the basement slot in the CAA.

Not sure on ODU though the market and students there have largely lost interest in the CUSA set-up.

They caught lightning in a bottle when they started their program and ran too quickly with it. Their stadium is too small for FBS (I know that they are working on a new one), but they also have this expectation that they will always get home and homes with Power 5 teams because they (ODU) is located in the highly prized 757 area code for recruiting.

They would have been a perfect fit for long term success if they would have stayed in FCS.

Schism55
November 24th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Bummed for SIU, think the Salukis would cause damage in the tourney.
Not at all surprised Kennesaw is in, think SCSU should have been in their spot.
Overall like how the bracket turned out, some new blood in new places is always good.

HootyHoo
November 24th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Waste of a playoff spot.

I think the Owls have a good chance to make a run. Wofford, Weber St., and Montana is a soft chalk schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see a JMU vs KSU matchup in the Semifinals.

centennial
November 24th, 2019, 01:12 PM
I think the Owls have a good chance to make a run. Wofford, Weber St., and Montana is a soft chalk schedule. I wouldn't be surprised to see a JMU vs KSU matchup in the Semifinals.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/bb15bab67f218e983a977345697f0116/tenor.gif?itemid=4272677

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2019, 01:12 PM

KSU got pummeled by the only good team they played.

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2019, 01:18 PM
I'd like to recognize the committee for talking out both sides of their mouth. (when discussing why ND got in) We really looked at how they did against the field. They were 1-2 and a good Mon State win. Ok, fair. But, what was Kennesaw State or Furman record against the field 0- ?

How did they no ask about the two NAIA wins? The host didn't do their HW either.

BTW, Jay Walker called two of our games this year, so yes he's going to have first hand information unlike anyone else.

Furman had a better strength of schedule than SCSU and won the same number of FCS games. While Furman didn't have "big" FCS wins, I think the committee considered that they played two FBS bowl teams incredibly tight. No other FCS team could say that.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 01:19 PM

haha, best thing about having Kennydoll in the playoffs his hooty hoo talking crazy all week

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2019, 01:20 PM

You guys are absolute garbage. xlolx Wofford easily.

katss07
November 24th, 2019, 01:22 PM
I hope you’re trolling.

If that’s soft, then what is Point and Presbyterian?

JayJ79
November 24th, 2019, 01:27 PM
ISUr @ SEMO. This time yesterday ISUr was looking at a seed, now they're playing on the road. How quickly things change.
ISU average attendance (~9000) was double that of SEMO (~4500).
Did ISU not put in a bid for the first round? or maybe they didn't bid very high due to budget issues and not typically drawing very big crowds in the playoffs (specifically Thanksgiving weekend)

record has zero to do with first round hosting.
the matchups are made first (with geography being the primary factor, trying to set up as many bus trips in the first and second rounds as possible)
then they compare the first round bid amount$ between the two schools that are matched up.
not that the talking heads on the show understood that, though

ejjones
November 24th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Furman had a better strength of schedule than SCSU and won the same number of FCS games. While Furman didn't have "big" FCS wins, I think the committee considered that they played two FBS bowl teams incredibly tight. No other FCS team could say that.
we'll agree to disagree; SOS is only important if you actually win. Your best win was UTC and you lost to Wofford and Citadel. I can't see how you reward a team for playing an FBS team "close". A FBS close lost should translate into win on the field against Wofford, Citadel, etc.

Redbird 4th & short
November 24th, 2019, 01:38 PM
Just did quick pass thru bids ..verall I think the committee did a good job this year with selections and brackets. SIU had a case for sure but nothing egregious like last year. Need to review a bit more. But this looks reasonable at first blush.

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 01:41 PM

You're still a thing?

CopperCat
November 24th, 2019, 01:44 PM
YGBSM.

Silenoz
November 24th, 2019, 02:10 PM
We don't get sent to Bozeman. Thank Christ.

Also, we don't get sent to Fargo.

I'll accept embarrassment somewhere else. Assuming we survive the first game.

BisonTru
November 24th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Good money for the NCAA. Excluding the HBCUs the #1 Montana, #2 JMU, #3 NDSU, #5 Montana St, and #12 SDSU in game attendance all got seeds.

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2019, 02:19 PM

I'm not surprised or really offended by the match-up and road game. Fact of the matter is Bob Ford Field is 10x nicer than Arute Field in New Britain. CCSU doesn't have the $$$ to guarantee and this weekend is very tough for attendance. We probably could have gotten 4k, but not enough to write a big check to the NCAA. We got paired with a lower-ranked team in the First Round (#17 CCSU at #25 Albany), so I'm not complaining much.

Best case for us would have been a home game vs. Holy Cross. I knew MU was going to get that match-up because of their higher poll ranking. I don't fully agree, but it is what it is.

I'm much happier with the Albany/#5 Montana State draw, then being fed into JMU. An ideal scenario would have sent us to #8 Central Arkansas in the Second Round.

Monmouth gets a freebie, but then will get crushed by the Dukes. CCSU/Albany definitely got the better draw in the Second Round, bow two former conference-rivals will have to battle it out.

Villanova got a nice match-up, but that's a flight. I'm OK with Central busing the 2 hours up I-91 and I-90 to Albany,

Albany's first NCAA appearance (as a NEC AQ), was at Stony Brook (former NEC rival and Big South AQ). The match-up by distance and other factors was too simple for the committee.

JacksFan40
November 24th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Good money for the NCAA. Excluding the HBCUs the #1 Montana, #2 JMU, #3 NDSU, #5 Montana St, and #12 SDSU in game attendance all got seeds.

Were only 12th because we draw well for the first few games and of course NDSU/College Gameday.
I’d be surprised if we get 5k in the 2nd Round.

BisonTru
November 24th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Were only 12th because we draw well for the first few games and of course NDSU/College Gameday.
I’d be surprised if we get 5k in the 2nd Round.

I was using 2018 numbers but you know your fan base. I hope it’s more than that but November is cold up here.

KSUFAN
November 24th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Y'all barely beat a 1 win Missouri State team, have 2 D-2 wins. Didn't beat anyone with a pulse. You weren't even in my top 30, freaking South Dakota is better than you in the computer rankings. Stole SIU's spot.

Not sure what you are crying about? AGS even had KSU in the top 24. They were always gonna be a bubble team if they won out. Guess we will see next weekend if they deserved it or not. KSU obviously didn’t expect a lot they didn’t even put in a bid for the home game.

GreatGreatGreat
November 24th, 2019, 03:01 PM
I think the committee did a reasonable job. For those complaining about 4 Big Sky seeds, tell me who is more worthy of a seed. All of us have 9-3 records and EVERY loss with the exception of MT State was to another top 10 team. UNI got screwed IMO. UCA is a reasonable pick for 8.

JacksFan40
November 24th, 2019, 03:14 PM
I was using 2018 numbers but you know your fan base. I hope it’s more than that but November is cold up here.

Even with 2018 numbers it’s clear our attendance will be garbage.
Our last 3 home games in 2018 we drew 5k against Missouri State, 8k against USD, and 3k for the playoffs against Duquesne. If we get UNI I predict probably around 5k-7k. If we get San Diego it’ll be maybe 3k.

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 03:15 PM

Well you're an idiot.

centennial
November 24th, 2019, 03:27 PM
I still wonder what might have been if UMass, App, Georgia Southern, Old Dominion, Coastal, and Liberty didn't jump ship for permanent irrelevancy. Montana was offered a spot in the WAC a few years ago and wisely turned it down. Think Chatty said no to either the Sun Belt or CUSA too.

Who knows what happens if Montana joined. There is the butterfly effect. Do other teams join in? Does the WAC still fall? All hypotheticals since we only know the answer to one set of conditions. I will say one thing, if Montana had done well they might have kept enrollment numbers up.

TennBison
November 24th, 2019, 03:36 PM
And UNI beat ****ing 5 win South Dakota. Guest who ****ing didn't yesterday?

Maybe UNI should have won the head to head game against them instead of getting stomped and that would have taken care of your concern.

TennBison
November 24th, 2019, 03:46 PM
KSU matching up with JMU in the semifinals?????? KSUs best win this year was who.........the Macy's store mannequins.

ValleyChamp
November 24th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Maybe UNI should have won the head to head game against them instead of getting stomped and that would have taken care of your concern.

Maybe UNI should have played ****ing Drake instead of Weber State. Stacking terrible wins is all that matters.

Maybe UNI should have lost to ****ing awful USD instead of losing to SDSU.

clenz
November 24th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Maybe UNI should have played ****ing Drake instead of Weber State. Stacking terrible wins is all that matters.

Maybe UNI should have lost to ****ing awful USD instead of losing to SDSU.Replaced Idaho State with Long Island while we are at it.

Should have also lost to Illinois State.

It's amazing how their fans are spinning USD has not a bad loss at this point. They were ****ing 4-8 going into that game. They had lost by 40 the week before to NDSU

****ING LOST TO WESTERN ILLINOIS.
LOST TO HOUSTON FREAKIN BAPTIST WHO HAD 2 ****ING SLC WINS

THAT'S A ****ING HORRIFIC LOSS. The fact anyone tries to spin it at all is ****ing laughable.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Replaced Idaho State with Long Island while we are at it.

It's amazing how their fans are spinning USD has not a bad loss at this point. They were ****ing 4-8 going into that game. They had lost by 40 the week before to NDSU

THAT'S A ****ING HORRIFIC LOSS. The fact anyone tries to spin it at all is ****ing laughable.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkIt is all about the "W's" and quality losses against NDSU. That is the trick.

Tazman2664
November 24th, 2019, 06:15 PM
I have a question. Back on November 6, this committee came out with their top 10 teams. The 10th team was New Hampshire and in todays bracket they are not in it. Just how can they go from top 10 to out in just 2 weeks? I know they lost like 2 games and won yesterday but come on, if this committee is such a good committee, just how can they miss this bad?

Roamingriz
November 24th, 2019, 06:18 PM
I have a question. Back on November 6, this committee came out with their top 10 teams. The 10th team was New Hampshire and in todays bracket they are not in it. Just how can they go from top 10 to out in just 2 weeks? I know they lost like 2 games and won yesterday but come on, if this committee is such a good committee, just how can they miss this bad?

The committee did show that NH were one of the first four out. They were somehow consistent in that.....

Roamingriz
November 24th, 2019, 06:19 PM
That is to say, consistent in how strongly they considered UNH

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 06:25 PM
A few things on the UNI/SDSU debate:

1. Without question SDSU had the worst lost of the two by far with USD and they probably have the 2nd worst loss of the two to ISUr as well but they also had the best loss in a 7 point tight loss to NDSU, a team that beat UNI by 30+ 2 weeks earlier. Quality losses: advantage UNI but it's closer than you would probably think.
2. SDSU had better wins than UNI did. In addition to the win over UNI they also beat SIU which is much better than UNI's 2nd best win which was what? YSU maybe. Quality wins: advantage SDSU but fairly close.
3. I hate rewarding a team for playing games like LIU and Drake out of conference and punishing a team that played Weber out of conference but that's offset somewhat by who they missed in the MVFC. UNI missed SIU and SDSU missed WIU.... pretty big difference there. SOS: advantage UNI but still pretty close.
4. This gets much deeper than I get for any other conference but if you look at offensive and defensive efficiency and margins SDSU is far more impressive than UNI is. SDSU was +14.3 in points per game (UNI was +4.2), +108.8 in yards per game (UNI was +11.1), and +2.11 in yards per play (UNI was +0.5). UNI's SOS was better but SDSU's wasn't very far behind (Massey had UNI's SOS at 7 and SDSU's at 14) so I don't write that all off just due to SOS difference. Style points: advantage SDSU.

In the end I think it was close and, as you can see from above, you can split plenty of hairs. When it's close the convincing head-to-head win seems like an obvious tie breaker to me. I would've seeded UNI #8 over UCA, and I wouldn't doubt if UCA was seeded at #8 for optics just as much as anything (avoid having 7 of the 8 seeds from two conferences), but I'd agree with the committee seeding SDSU as the 2nd highest team in the MVFC.

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2019, 06:33 PM

Bwahahahaha good god man put down the bong!

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2019, 06:34 PM
haha, best thing about having Kennydoll in the playoffs his hooty hoo talking crazy all week

xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2019, 06:41 PM
Took a look at the JMU board....xlolx

I guess every year the Bison have a cakewalk to Frisco......didn't know that....xeyebrowx

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 06:44 PM

I guess every year the Bison have a cakewalk to Frisco......didn't know that....xeyebrowx
Well, I'd agree that the Bison got the better draw of the two. Then again that's kind of how the tournament is supposed to when comparing the #1 seed's draw to the #2 seed's draw.

They had much more reason to be pissed off in 2017 when the seeds lines between the two were switched around and #2 NDSU got the easier draw.

GreatGreatGreat
November 24th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Come playoff time I don’t really care. You gotta be able to beat everybody to win a national championship.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 07:25 PM
Come playoff time I don’t really care. You gotta be able to beat everybody to win a national championship.
Yep, I agree. That's why I got so frustrated last year hearing some of my fellow Bison fans whine about the committee stacking NDSU's bracket with an unseeded JMU potentially in the quarters and #5 seed SDSU in the semis.

Bison56
November 24th, 2019, 07:29 PM

Dooks should be thankful Colgate isnt in the bracket.

Derby City Duke
November 24th, 2019, 07:52 PM

That’s why I don’t ever go to a JMU board or any other team’s board...objectivity is checked at the door.

Schism55
November 24th, 2019, 09:02 PM
https://twitter.com/weberstatefb/status/1198657090010529792

JacksFan40
November 24th, 2019, 10:11 PM

Anyone trying to defend that loss is delusional. Losing that game made me want to stop watching SDSU football and switch to a team who’s actually won titles like Sioux Falls. Problem is they lost their playoff game so our whole state is one big pile of crap at football.

CappinHard
November 24th, 2019, 11:57 PM
Losing that game made me want to stop watching SDSU football and switch to a team who’s actually won titles like Sioux Falls.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

MacThor
November 25th, 2019, 12:34 PM
No conference had ever had more than 2 seeds until last year.
Last year they got 3. This year they got 4. Still no other conferences with more than 2.
Not a complaint; just an observation.

They should change their name to the Big Seed Conference.

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Last year they got 3. This year they got 4. Still no other conferences with more than 2.

I'm obviously biased, but this could be a "Southern Conference is back" year if we aren't careful.

TennBison
November 25th, 2019, 01:03 PM

With half the seeds being Big Sky teams the worst thing that could happen to them is if not one makes it to the title game.

jacksfan29!
November 25th, 2019, 01:14 PM

Best part of SDSU getting a 7 seed and UNI playing Thanksgiving weekend, watching your head explode on AGS. LOVE IT!!!

By the way, it wasn't your losses to NDSU and SDSU that left you unseeded. It was the way you lost. Getting your asses handed to you didn't look great. SDSU stunk it up against ISUr (every hear Stiggy has one) and allowed USD to take away a win, that looking at the stats, should have been an SDSU blowout.

The USD game was a bad loss, very bad loss and Stig should be on the hot seat for that loss. No spinning away that one. The reality is that the SDSU program will continue to underachieve as long as Stig is still the head coach. He brought the program as far as he could but it is time to hand over the job to someone who can take that next step.

But hey, we get UNI in the 2nd round. That is, if you can win your first round game. You do have a history.

clenz
November 25th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Best part of SDSU getting a 7 seed and UNI playing Thanksgiving weekend, watching your head explode on AGS. LOVE IT!!!

By the way, it wasn't your losses to NDSU and SDSU that left you unseeded. It was the way you lost. Getting your asses handed to you didn't look great. SDSU stunk it up against ISUr (every hear Stiggy has one) and allowed USD to take away a win, that looking at the stats, should have been an SDSU blowout.

The USD game was a bad loss, very bad loss and Stig should be on the hot seat for that loss. No spinning away that one. The reality is that the SDSU program will continue to underachieve as long as Stig is still the head coach. He brought the program as far as he could but it is time to hand over the job to someone who can take that next step.

But hey, we get UNI in the 2nd round. That is, if you can win your first round game. You do have a history.By history you mean UNI has lost their first playoff game 1 time in their history?

CappinHard
November 25th, 2019, 01:26 PM

But hey, we get UNI in the 2nd round. That is, if you can win your first round game. You do have a history.

https://media.giphy.com/media/lRmjNrQZkKVuE/giphy.gif

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2019, 02:24 PM
With half the seeds being Big Sky teams the worst thing that could happen to them is if not one makes it to the title game.
lol why are some of you Bison fans like this?

If NDSU and JMU make it to Frisco again, all that means is that those were the two best teams.

No more than 2 Big Sky teams can make it to the Semis this year no matter what.

We had four very good teams this year, and 2 of them will not make it past the quarterfinals guaranteed.

If we had the #1, #2, #3, and #4, and none of those teams made it to Frisco, that would be embarrassing. As it stands now, the only really embarrassing result would be to not make it to the quarters, although if none of us made it to the semis, it would be pretty disappointing.

Silenoz
November 25th, 2019, 04:50 PM
NDSU and JMU are the top seeds...

MSUBobcat
November 25th, 2019, 05:06 PM

If NDSU and JMU make it to Frisco again, all that means is that those were the two best teams.

We had four very good teams this year, and 2 of them will not make it past the quarterfinals guaranteed.

If we had the #1, #2, #3, and #4, and none of those teams made it to Frisco, that would be embarrassing. As it stands now, the only really embarrassing result would be to not make it to the quarters, although if none of us made it to the semis, it would be pretty disappointing.

Beat me to it. Having no team make Frisco just means the MSU/Sac State winner lost in Fargo (hardly unexpected) and the UM/WSU winner losing at JMU. And that's assuming all 4 win their 2nd round game. Obviously MSU and Sac State have the tougher row to hoe, but JMU is no slouch either.

MacThor
November 25th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Yeah, if Wofford, Albany, Villanova and Furman all make the quarterfinals, that​ would be the worst thing that could happen to the Big Sky.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Beat me to it. Having no team make Frisco just means the MSU/Sac State winner lost in Fargo (hardly unexpected) and the UM/WSU winner losing at JMU. And that's assuming all 4 win their 2nd round game. Obviously MSU and Sac State have the tougher row to hoe, but JMU is no slouch either.

After watching the Griz/Cats game.....IMO, MSU is coming to the FD for the semi-final. MSU's run game looks good.

NDSU will be really hard to match up against but I hope TA is healthy for this game because I really liked watching him play last year.

Grizzlies82
November 25th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Yeah, if Wofford, Albany, Villanova and Furman all make the quarterfinals, that​ would be the worst thing that could happen to the Big Sky.

I'd agree to this.

TennBison
November 25th, 2019, 08:00 PM

I am not mocking those teams or the Big Sky. So your quote about "why are some Bison fans like this" is just off. It is reality, 50% chance on what are suppose to be the last 8 teams standing, and if they don't get one to the championship game (not saying win it) then it would be considered a blown opportunity.

JacksFan40
November 25th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
I’d love it if I could hit Stig with said door instead.

Tazman2664
November 25th, 2019, 08:47 PM

I agree with this. I spoke up about this a few weeks ago and several SDSU fans got on me about it. But that fact is Stig will always underachieve as long as NDSU is around, he just can't do better. Stig is no great coach, a good one. He is 166 and 104, that is a 61.5% win percentage. Yes he wins and yes they make the playoffs but just when will he get a natty? He has won 1 conference title, in 2016, and that was a co-championship with..... NDSU. But outside that, no other conference championships. The past 2 seasons they got to the Semi's, but who won those natty's? This year they will take a step back because I don't think they get past UNI and if they do they have to go to JMU to get the Semi's and it will be with a backup QB. There have been many good coaches who have won but were let go because they could not over come. Take Les Miles for example, gosh he won a natty with LSU but they let him go because he was always trailing Bama. Stig is always trailing NDSU. The test seems to be, can they win against their top revivals. This year SDSU is 0-2 losing to NDSU and SD. Stig is good and is gonna win but I just don't see him getting over the top. This year he had a good Freshman QB that might materialize into a very good QB, after he recovers but remember NDSU also has a very good Freshman QB, no interceptions in 12 games. So SDSU is going to spend the next 3 years going against NDSU and because of the QB situation, probably going down the same old path.

uofmman1122
November 25th, 2019, 09:27 PM
I am not mocking those teams or the Big Sky. So your quote about "why are some Bison fans like this" is just off. It is reality, 50% chance on what are suppose to be the last 8 teams standing, and if they don't get one to the championship game (not saying win it) then it would be considered a blown opportunity.
lol So you're saying one of the Big Sky teams should be favored over JMU or NDSU on the road?

Do you even understand how seeds and expected results work?

TennBison
November 25th, 2019, 11:13 PM
lol So you're saying one of the Big Sky teams should be favored over JMU or NDSU on the road?

Do you even understand how seeds and expected results work?

Lets see, I am a fan of the winner of 7 out of the last 8 national championships, no, I have no clue. But since you have already claimed that no team should be able to make it except for the 1-2 seeds why don't we just adopt the old FBS method and have no playoffs at all and just let NDSU play JMU.
And just so it be known. I do expect anyone in the top 8 to have a chance. Big Sky fans want to boast about how they are the first ever to get 4 of the 8 seeds which basically means squat unless they have expectations of those teams to go somewhere outside of the free pass to the second round.
My take on the playoffs. Cut it to 16 teams, all seeded, drop the auto bids. Let there be conference champions just for bragging rights since some of those conference winners will not be in the playoffs.

I Bleed Purple
November 25th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Big Sky fans want to boast about how they are the first ever to get 4 of the 8 seeds

Do they?

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2019, 11:28 PM
Lets see, I am a fan of the winner of 7 out of the last 8 national championships, no, I have no clue. But since you have already claimed that no team should be able to make it except for the 1-2 seeds why don't we just adopt the old FBS method and have no playoffs at all and just let NDSU play JMU.
And just so it be known. I do expect anyone in the top 8 to have a chance. Big Sky fans want to boast about how they are the first ever to get 4 of the 8 seeds which basically means squat unless they have expectations of those teams to go somewhere outside of the free pass to the second round.
My take on the playoffs. Cut it to 16 teams, all seeded, drop the auto bids. Let there be conference champions just for bragging rights since some of those conference winners will not be in the playoffs.
So you've gone from saying no Big Sky teams in the title game would be "the worst thing for the conference" to it being a "blown opportunity" to not make the title game to now saying they "should have a chance" to make the title game. You're backpedaling faster than an NFL safety. If all 4 Big Sky teams make the quarters they will have proven they deserved 4 seeds since that means 2 of them will make the semis which is as far as their seed lines are expected to go in order to live up to them.

I also haven't seen any Big Sky fans boasting about having 4 seeded teams.

JayJ79
November 25th, 2019, 11:29 PM
why don't we just adopt the old FBS method and have no playoffs at all and just let NDSU play JMU.

nah, go with the old old FBS method and have different media groups or whatever just declaring who they think is "national champion" and not having the teams play each other at all, sometimes leading to multiple teams being named "national champion" in the same season.

uofmman1122
November 26th, 2019, 12:06 AM
I haven't seen a single Big Sky fan "boast" about getting 4 seeds. I've only seen other fans upset that it might suggest the Big Sky is pretty good this season.

I personally feel like the top 4 teams in the Big Sky are collectively better than the top 4 teams from any other conference, but that doesn't mean the best teams exist in our conference. Clearly JMU and NDSU should be favored (especially at home) over all of our teams, for good reason.

Do you apply your "top 8 seeds should make the chipper" logic to SDSU and UCA, too? Are their seasons (and by extension, their conference's season) a failure if they don't make the championship?

NDSU has won 7 of 8 championships, but UCA, MSU, and Sac's seasons are failures if they can't unseat them and make it to Frisco? lol

By the way, in your new playoff field, the Big Sky still gets seeds 3-6.

You've really argued yourself into a pretty dumb corner on this one. xcoffeex

TennBison
November 26th, 2019, 12:26 AM
So you've gone from saying no Big Sky teams in the title game would be "the worst thing for the conference" to it being a "blown opportunity" to not make the title game to now saying they "should have a chance" to make the title game. You're backpedaling faster than an NFL safety. If all 4 Big Sky teams make the quarters they will have proven they deserved 4 seeds since that means 2 of them will make the semis which is as far as their seed lines are expected to go in order to live up to them.

I never back pedaled one bit. IMO the top 8 seeds should be the highest possible chance of winning a championship, simple logic. You do know the meaning of the name of the site that you are posting on? Any team can win any game on Saturday, just like the NFL on Sundays. SDSU almost took down NDSU in the regular season. Why not expect that to possibly happen in the playoffs with some other team if they get hot.
This isn't the only site that Big Sky fans post on so that may be why you have not seen them boasting about having four seeded teams. And FYI kudos to them for getting that many, I don't mock them for being proud of it, I respect that they did it. I never made fun of any of there fans for being proud of it either.
First time any conference had this many teams ranked so high = the best chance ever for them to get teams into the championship game. Thus equaling a bigger disappointment if none of them make it there and a "blown opportunity". If ISU and SDSU didn't lose on Saturday we could have had 3 from the MVFC and things could have been different for the BS in seeds. NDSU won a championship as a 3 seed a few years ago, so it can be done.
As a fan of NDSU I think the Bison will go all the way, and rightfully so. But I expect every playoff game to be a possible loss (no matter how slight a chance it is) and the possibility to grow greater in the later rounds. But to say I have been backpedaling is just incorrect. Every 8 seed should have a chance,BS has four team in the seeds, it would be a blown opportunity and the worst thing for the conference if none of them made it to the championship. See how all of that goes together to make one meaning, no backpedaling or going from one thing to another in my opinion on the matter.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2019, 08:04 AM
I never back pedaled one bit. IMO the top 8 seeds should be the highest possible chance of winning a championship, simple logic. You do know the meaning of the name of the site that you are posting on? Any team can win any game on Saturday, just like the NFL on Sundays. SDSU almost took down NDSU in the regular season. Why not expect that to possibly happen in the playoffs with some other team if they get hot.
This isn't the only site that Big Sky fans post on so that may be why you have not seen them boasting about having four seeded teams. And FYI kudos to them for getting that many, I don't mock them for being proud of it, I respect that they did it. I never made fun of any of there fans for being proud of it either.
First time any conference had this many teams ranked so high = the best chance ever for them to get teams into the championship game. Thus equaling a bigger disappointment if none of them make it there and a "blown opportunity". If ISU and SDSU didn't lose on Saturday we could have had 3 from the MVFC and things could have been different for the BS in seeds. NDSU won a championship as a 3 seed a few years ago, so it can be done.
As a fan of NDSU I think the Bison will go all the way, and rightfully so. But I expect every playoff game to be a possible loss (no matter how slight a chance it is) and the possibility to grow greater in the later rounds. But to say I have been backpedaling is just incorrect. Every 8 seed should have a chance,BS has four team in the seeds, it would be a blown opportunity and the worst thing for the conference if none of them made it to the championship. See how all of that goes together to make one meaning, no backpedaling or going from one thing to another in my opinion on the matter.
Well, you can stay on that hill I guess.

Personally I think they had much better chance to put a team in Frisco last year when they had 3 of the 4 seeds (including the 2 highest seeds) on one side of the bracket.

Yes, any team in the bracket could beat any other team in the bracket based on varying degrees of good/bad fortune but this year there are two (non-Big Sky) teams clearly head and shoulders above the rest that will be playing on their home fields until Frisco if they keep winning. The Big Sky could have the other 6 seeds and I wouldn't call it a failure if none of them made it to Frisco this year.

100%GRIZ
November 26th, 2019, 10:56 AM

I guess we will find out soon enough!

CopperCat
November 26th, 2019, 11:21 AM
This post reeks of spoiled fan entitlement.

CappinHard
November 26th, 2019, 03:06 PM
This year SDSU is 0-2 losing to NDSU and SD. Stig is good and is gonna win but I just don't see him getting over the top. This year he had a good Freshman QB that might materialize into a very good QB, after he recovers but remember NDSU also has a very good Freshman QB, no interceptions in 12 games. So SDSU is going to spend the next 3 years going against NDSU and because of the QB situation, probably going down the same old path.

How would SDSU changing coaches change NDSU's QB?

CappinHard
November 26th, 2019, 03:10 PM
I’d love it if I could hit Stig with said door instead.

https://media.giphy.com/media/147xeBqWXQuVQk/giphy.gif

Tazman2664
November 26th, 2019, 06:48 PM
How would SDSU changing coaches change NDSU's QB?

It won't but it could change SDSU recruiting. There is a guy who plays for NDSU on defense from SD and they are saying he is the next coming of Phil Hanson, Derek Taszka. Last year he had an interview where they asked him about recruiting and he said that SDSU and USD had offered him. When asked why he choose NDSU he said it was because they win, they win national championships. If they win the natty this year he will have 4 (including his redshirt freshman year). NDSU has 2 more top SD top defensive line, both sophomores, and SD top QB, Freshman. A new coach might be able to keep these kids home. Just think about Taszka on SDSUs defense and not NDSU. Could make a huge difference in where the 2 teams are today.

ProjectBadass
November 26th, 2019, 08:03 PM
It won't but it could change SDSU recruiting. There is a guy who plays for NDSU on defense from SD and they are saying he is the next coming of Phil Hanson, Derek Taszka. Last year he had an interview where they asked him about recruiting and he said that SDSU and USD had offered him. When asked why he choose NDSU he said it was because they win, they win national championships. If they win the natty this year he will have 4 (including his redshirt freshman year). NDSU has 2 more top SD top defensive line, both sophomores, and SD top QB, Freshman. A new coach might be able to keep these kids home. Just think about Taszka on SDSUs defense and not NDSU. Could make a huge difference in where the 2 teams are today.

No doubt Tuszka would've been great to have, but he also had an older brother that played for NDSU so that was most definitely a factor in choosing schools. Competing with NDSU and their championships in recruiting is nothing new. SDSU does a great job recruiting in state, it's just tough to keep them all. Also, FWIW the freshman QB is a walk on that wasn't offered by SDSU. They chose to offer a different in state QB a walk on spot. I don't think they offered Costner Ching either, but Waege was.

Tazman2664
November 27th, 2019, 04:27 PM
No doubt Tuszka would've been great to have, but he also had an older brother that played for NDSU so that was most definitely a factor in choosing schools. Competing with NDSU and their championships in recruiting is nothing new. SDSU does a great job recruiting in state, it's just tough to keep them all. Also, FWIW the freshman QB is a walk on that wasn't offered by SDSU. They chose to offer a different in state QB a walk on spot. I don't think they offered Costner Ching either, but Waege was.

Well his brother played at NDSU but many of brothers played at schools other than where their brother played. All I can go off of is what he said in the interview. But hay, it you want to keep Stig go for it, I welcome that. I have not been a fan of Stig for 3 years now and he continues to prove me right, this year will not disappoint. I have said I think SDSU can get to NDSU level but it going to be with a new coach. But as I said, keep Stig and his 61.5% win percentage (166-104), I am all for it.

MSUBobcat
November 27th, 2019, 05:07 PM
After watching the Griz/Cats game.....IMO, MSU is coming to the FD for the semi-final. MSU's run game looks good.

NDSU will be really hard to match up against but I hope TA is healthy for this game because I really liked watching him play last year.

Who doesn't like seeing a lil TA??

MSUBobcat
November 27th, 2019, 05:16 PM

So you're saying it's easier to recruit to an ongoing dynasty?!?! Well, hell... you ****ing solved the mystery, my friend! Thank god AGS has been blessed with your presence so us mere mortals may learn some real football (and sports in general) knowledge. xbowxxhurrayx