PDA

View Full Version : Southland Pick'em - Week 13

Daytripper
November 17th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Playoffs on the line for a few teams. The rest just playing for pride.

Nicholls @ Southeastern Louisiana
Stephen F. Austin @ Northwestern State
Central Arkansas @ Incarnate Word
Houston Baptist @ Sam Houston State
McNeese @ Lamar
Abilene Christian @ Mississippi State (FBS)

Daytripper
November 17th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Nicholls @ Southeastern Louisiana - SELA clinches auto-bid with win. Likely at large with a close loss. Nicholls conference champ with win. Out with loss.
Stephen F. Austin @ Northwestern State - Playing good football right now. Could be a sleeper next season.
Central Arkansas @ Incarnate Word - UCA guaranteed an at large with a win. Bubble with a loss.
Houston Baptist @ Sam Houston State - Bearkats continue to circle the drain. HBU can end season on a positive note after a strong start to the season floundered.
McNeese @ Lamar - McNeese bounces back from their loss to Nicholls. They will be much better next year.
Abilene Christian @ Mississippi State (FBS) - Hope ACU can keep it respectable.

Outsider1
November 17th, 2019, 03:16 PM
McNeese @ Lamar
Abilene Christian @ Mississippi State (FBS) - There ain't no pride in this game. This is about getting our butt whooped, colletecting a check and calling it a horrible season.

SFA 93
November 17th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Back to back cellar dwellers!

bonarae
November 17th, 2019, 04:25 PM
SLU
NWSU
UCA
HBU
McNeese
Mississippi State

SUPharmacist
November 17th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Southeastern Louisiana
Northwestern State
Incarnate Word
Sam Houston State
Mcneese
Mississippi State

McNeese75
November 17th, 2019, 10:37 PM
McNeese @ Lamar

Bear84
November 18th, 2019, 08:49 AM
McNeese @ Lamar

bwbear
November 18th, 2019, 08:52 AM
McNeese @ Lamar

SLU wins and in. If they lose, I still think they are in. I think Nicholls has to get the AQ to make it.

UCA is most likely in, but I worry about a loss to UIW and what that would put in the committee's mind, losing 2 of the last 3.

One thing is for sure: Thursday and Friday will be great football for the SLC.

BEAR
November 18th, 2019, 02:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJqqiSGUwAA6WRv?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Puddin Tane
November 18th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Back to back cellar dwellers!

Not so fast, mon ami !!! LU has the inside track to the bottom. Do we get the first pick in the draft?

Puddin Tane
November 18th, 2019, 09:12 PM
McNeese @ Lamar
Abilene Christian @ Mississippi State

BEAR
November 19th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Massey Ratings percent chances of teams winning:

SLU 75%
NWST 65%
UCA 68%
SHSU 86%
McNeese 75%
ACU 0%

Outsider1
November 19th, 2019, 08:22 AM

SLU 75%
NWST 65%
UCA 68%
SHSU 86%
McNeese 75%
ACU 0%

Oh come on Massey, at least gives us a 0.01%........... xthumbsupx

Daytripper
November 19th, 2019, 08:26 AM

SLU 75%
NWST 65%
UCA 68%
SHSU 86%
McNeese 75%
ACU 0%

Sam Houston will lose to HBU 10-9

BEAR
November 21st, 2019, 10:20 AM
2019 Preseason PollTeam (first-place votes).....................Total
1. Nicholls (20) ...........................................200
2. Central Arkansas ....................................154
3. UIW (1)............................................... .....150
4. Sam Houston State.................................146
5. Lamar............................................. ........123
6. McNeese ................................................ 114
7. Abilene Christian (1)................................ 112
8. Southeastern Louisiana ............................71
9. Stephen F. Austin......................................63
10. Northwestern State ..................................56
11. Houston Baptist........................................21

2019 Current Standings:
1. UCA
1. SLU
1. Nicholls
4. SHSU
5. McNeese
6. UIW
7. ACU
8. NWST
9. HBU
10. Lamar
11. SFA

BEAR
November 23rd, 2019, 05:22 PM
C'mon Cowboys....don't embarrass us!

McNeese 7
Lamar 0
Start of 4th

Puddin Tane
November 23rd, 2019, 07:12 PM
C'mon Cowboys....don't embarrass us!

McNeese 7
Lamar 0
Start of 4th

My gawd, the cardinals have brought bad to a whole new level of extreme suckness.

maybe we’ll get a new coach ...preferably by the 10 oclock news

Puddin Tane
November 23rd, 2019, 07:14 PM
Update this..put us rightfully in the toilet!

BEAR
November 24th, 2019, 09:20 AM
My gawd, the cardinals have brought bad to a whole new level of extreme suckness.

maybe we’ll get a new coach ...preferably by the 10 oclock news

what was the BIG difference from last year til this year? Injuries? Graduation? Coaching?

F'N Hawks
November 24th, 2019, 10:23 PM
Southland fans - hit me with some knowledge. What are we facing this Saturday down in Thibodaux? Looks like the QB is pretty darn good.

lionsrking2
November 24th, 2019, 11:34 PM
Southland fans - hit me with some knowledge. What are we facing this Saturday down in Thibodaux? Looks like the QB is pretty darn good.

You're facing a team that is getting healthy at the right time ... explosive WRs and physical downhill running game ... QB is more grit and leadership than physical talent, but has a knack for making things happen with legs and arm ... his numbers aren't sexy but he's a four year starter, comes from a football family (uncle played QB at Ole Miss and NO Saints, dad played LB at Ole Miss), and has winning makeup ... now that No. 5 and 21 are back full speed, his production has gone way up ... they have good stable of running backs and an athletic offensive line.

Defensively, they can run and you'll need to account for No. 55. We've managed to do a relatively good job against him over the four years we've faced him, but he's as close to unblockable as it gets in our league ... tremendous motor, relentless, never takes a play off ... they have a physical secondary with good length. There are some plays to be had if you're patient but your WRs better be ready to get physical and work to get open.

Lastly, they are tough to beat at Guidry Stadium ... their fan base creates good atmosphere and they like to have south Louisiana fun, hope you don't have thin skin ... visiting locker rooms are literally in tents across and down the street from the stadium.

Have a safe trip and GEAUX COLONELS!

Hood
November 25th, 2019, 02:17 AM
Check out the local seafood joints. Crawfish is coming in early this year. Avoid the chains. Thibodaux has a craft brewery now (because dang it Hammond has one so we got one too), check that out too if you're into that sort of thing. Even if you're not religious nor Episcopal/Roman Catholic, check out Saint Joseph's cathedral on Canal Blvd and Saint John's Cemetery on Jackson St just from historical perspectives. We're college football fans, clearly at some point we attempted education.

If you're looking to drop in the area of $50/person for a nice dinner check out Fremin's on 3rd street. If you're into pizza, check out Peppers in the same downtown area. I'm fat, I immediately think of food.

Hope you have a fun trip, arrive and depart safely. Once the ball kicks off until the final buzzer, though, I hope in that time your trip sucks :)

McNeese72
November 25th, 2019, 05:15 AM
visiting locker rooms are literally in tents across and down the street from the stadium.

Actually, they have moved the tent to just outside the southwest gate of the stadium. It is closer but it is still just a tent with portable showers and portable bathrooms outside the tent.

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Check out the local seafood joints. Crawfish is coming in early this year. Avoid the chains. Thibodaux has a craft brewery now (because dang it Hammond has one so we got one too), check that out too if you're into that sort of thing. Even if you're not religious nor Episcopal/Roman Catholic, check out Saint Joseph's cathedral on Canal Blvd and Saint John's Cemetery on Jackson St just from historical perspectives. We're college football fans, clearly at some point we attempted education.

If you're looking to drop in the area of $50/person for a nice dinner check out Fremin's on 3rd street. If you're into pizza, check out Peppers in the same downtown area. I'm fat, I immediately think of food.

Hope you have a fun trip, arrive and depart safely. Once the ball kicks off until the final buzzer, though, I hope in that time your trip sucks :)

Crawfish are in season??????

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Actually, they have moved the tent to just outside the southwest gate of the stadium. It is closer but it is still just a tent with portable showers and portable bathrooms outside the tent.

That's mighty nice of 'em. xsmiley_wix

Schism55
November 25th, 2019, 03:21 PM
https://twitter.com/tommillergf/status/1199073255124078598
This is your first hurdle to overcome xconfusedx

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2019, 04:19 PM

NO ****ing way???????

Wildcat1997
November 25th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Coach Schultz out at Lamar

McCowboys
November 25th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Coach Schultz out at Lamar

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Mike-Schultz-fired-as-Lamar-University-football-14862095.php

Daytripper
November 25th, 2019, 07:24 PM

Nicholls should be embarrassed. They shouldn't even have bid in order to avoid the shame.

Hood
November 26th, 2019, 12:43 AM
Crawfish are in season??????My friend's place has been getting them in. Of course they're also selling at $6/pound so there's that.