PDA

View Full Version : Cat Griz

wapiti
November 16th, 2019, 10:56 PM
The game is in Bozeman this year. It should be a dandy of a game.

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2019, 10:58 PM
Never know with this one but I like our chances to get out of Bozo with a two or three TD win. The boys will be out for blood after the way it ended last year.

Silenoz
November 16th, 2019, 11:05 PM
Cats by 3

*crickets*

CopperCat
November 16th, 2019, 11:07 PM
Never know with this one but I like our chances to get out of Bozo with a two or three TD win. The boys will be out for blood after the way it ended last year.

Three TDs!? Yeah that ain’t happening.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 11:15 PM
If Montana St wins does the Big Sky get 4 seeds?

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 11:20 PM
This won't be close, Griz by a bunch.

Grizalltheway
November 16th, 2019, 11:29 PM
If the Griz play like they did today and the cats play like, well, like they play every week, then yes, it is.

mvemjsunpx
November 17th, 2019, 12:58 AM
If the Griz play like they did today and the cats play like, well, like they play every week, then yes, it is.

Eh, beating a desperate Davis team on the road by double digits was fairly impressive. The Cats have been playing better the last 3 games.

The big question is whether the Griz can finally stop making inexplicable mistakes against MSU. UM should win, but they should've won the last 3 years too.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2019, 02:30 AM
When the Cats have more wins in the series I will allow then first billing. Until then it's Griz - Cat.

I think the game will be a lot closer than people expect though.

I can see something like a Griz 45 Cats 3 type of game if they let TA loose at QB for at lest 1/2 the game.

wapiti
November 17th, 2019, 09:37 AM
If Montana St wins does the Big Sky get 4 seeds?

MSU has 8 FCS wins this year. They are in no matter the outcome of Cat Griz. This game is for a seed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 09:39 AM
Sneed healthy now?

Should be a good one.

THE DANIMAL
November 17th, 2019, 10:03 AM
When the Cats have more wins in the series I will allow then first billing. Until then it's Griz - Cat.

I think the game will be a lot closer than people expect though.

I can see something like a Griz 45 Cats 3 type of game if they let TA loose at QB for at lest 1/2 the game.

I’ve always been okay with it being called “cat/griz”. I’m a gentleman and it should always be ladies first.

Grizzlies82
November 17th, 2019, 11:02 AM
I've watched this game for decades. In the "cat/Griz" typically the favorite does win, yet even deep underdogs have won far more often than odds would suggest. So you never really know in advance. This year there isn't a 'deep' underdog, just some kittens.

Montana State is at home, and has re-found their swagger after taking down 3-8 So. Utah, 2-9 Northern Colorado, and now 5-6 Davis. Coach Choate will try every gimmick play in the book, their LB Troy Andersen (or Jonsen) are good for breaking a long touchdown run, and the cats have a fairly stout defense so I think they keep it close.

Yet the bobcats are, and always will be, the Grizzlies little brother. They are going to be reminded of that again this year.

Montana has a defense which is built to stop the run. The cats will break a few but they're going to be greatly frustrated. Their QB Rovig will be passing more than usual and complete some. Yet by the 3rd quarter...

Rovig will be like a deer in the headlights and hoping to be benched for Bauman. Bauman will be hoping to transfer to Western MT College. Coach Choate will be having a stroke (condolences in advance). Bobcat faithful will start leaving the stadium and begin their long march across the tundra muttering something about "wait until next year!".

Go ahead, bet the farm. Montana Grizzlies win by at least two scores. Book it!

AGrizFan999
November 17th, 2019, 11:21 AM
If not more.

Silenoz
November 17th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Lots of confidence considering Choate is 3-0 against us and his teams battle for 60 minutes. I think it will be a one score game either way

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Lots of confidence considering Choate is 3-0 against us and his teams battle for 60 minutes. I think it will be a one score game either way

Mine was pulling a leg in case that was not apparent. I think much more along your line of thinking.

wapiti
November 18th, 2019, 09:16 AM
I see the Cat's holding the Griz to at least 2 scores below there average of 38 per game.

I also see the Cat's dominating the 4th quarter and taking the win.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2019, 10:36 AM
The numbers seem to favor the Griz who've had a strong run defense this year and a more balanced offense against a run heavy Montana St offense:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49085364736_98b087641e_o.jpg

Montana St's 3rd down offense has been pretty bad this year and Montana's 3rd down defense has been pretty good also. Gonna be tough for the Cats to pull the upset if they can't sustain drives.

wapiti
November 18th, 2019, 10:52 AM
The numbers seem to favor the Griz who've had a strong run defense this year and a more balanced offense against a run heavy Montana St offense:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49085364736_98b087641e_o.jpg

Montana St's 3rd down offense has been pretty bad this year and Montana's 3rd down defense has been pretty good also. Gonna be tough for the Cats to pull the upset if they can't sustain drives.

These stats do favor the Griz, but stats are for losers and that is what the Griz are going to be this weekend.

Reign of Terrier
November 18th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Give me the Griz. Cats are falling up this year.

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2019, 10:57 AM
I see the Cat's holding the Griz to at least 2 scores below there average of 38 per game.

I also see the Cat's dominating the 4th quarter and taking the win.

No one has dominated us in the 4th quarter this year, not even Oregon. Anything can happen in the brawl, but I don't see it playing out that way.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2019, 11:03 AM
No one has dominated us in the 4th quarter this year, not even Oregon. Anything can happen in the brawl, but I don't see it playing out that way.
Well, Weber St did outscore you 13-0 and outgain you 188-46 in the 4th quarter last week.

But I'm guessing you'll be ok with Montana St doing that as well if the Griz have a 30+ point lead going into the 4th quarter again. ;)

Grizalltheway
November 18th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Well, Weber St did outscore you 13-0 and outgain you 188-46 in the 4th quarter last week.

But I'm guessing you'll be ok with Montana St doing that as well if the Griz have a 30+ point lead going into the 4th quarter again. ;)

xlolx
Yep, their starters fared okay against our twos and threes.

uofmman1122
November 18th, 2019, 12:19 PM
xlolx
Yep, their starters fared okay against our twos and threes.
Their starters needed a BS pass interference call on 4th down to even score a single TD against our 2nd team Defense.

Bisonator
November 18th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Go Griz! FTC!

Schism55
November 18th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Griz open as a 5 point favorite

Grizzlies82
November 18th, 2019, 07:02 PM

Chaos, Like this past weekend, if the Grizzlies are ahead 35 to 3 I won't complain if the Bobcats score 13 in the 4th quarter.

However, I won't like it one damn bit (just won't publicly complain).

wapiti
November 18th, 2019, 10:26 PM
The UM basketball team lost to NAIA MT Tech today 74 - 72.

I wonder how many Griz fans would have predicted a double digit win???

CopperCat
November 18th, 2019, 10:43 PM

Yet another metaphorical indicator of where UM is going as an institution.

Montanan
November 18th, 2019, 10:58 PM
Gonna be a maulin' at the Brawlin'. GO GRIZ!

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2019, 11:18 PM

You dusted off your account for the 1st time in 5 years to alter the name of the rivalry to fit your lame rhyme prediction?? xeyebrowx Glad to have you back.....

Kabooom
November 19th, 2019, 09:18 AM

......Ok lets compare apples to apples and keep the discussion to Football...........Enter the Buffalo killing Cats next big loss to mighty-mite CHADRON ST into this discussion.

Discuss??....or just disgust? I believe the cats were Pre-Conference favorites in their own minds(typical) that year..

Note: Before scheduling and POSTING, best to make sure there's no more Woodhead.....out behind the Bobcat woodshed. ..Do you recall??xeyebrowx

Even the Cats have a back-room closet they'd like to forget about...

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2019, 09:25 AM
......Ok lets compare apples to apples and keep the discussion to Football...........Enter the Buffalo killing Cats next big loss to mighty-mite CHADRON ST into this discussion.

Discuss??....or just disgust? I believe the cats were Pre-Conference favorites in their own minds(typical) that year..

Note: Before scheduling and POSTING, best to make sure there's no more Woodhead.....out behind the Bobcat woodshed. ..Do you recall??xeyebrowx

He's referring to UM's enrollment issues. Which, while problematic and worrisome, have nothing to do with the game this week. Cat fans gonna cat fan, though.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2019, 09:34 AM

What in the actual **** are you talking about???

Kabooom
November 19th, 2019, 09:36 AM
What in the actual **** are you talking about???go ask another REAL Cat fan. They will educate you...

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2019, 09:52 AM
go ask another REAL Cat fan. They will educate you...

I'm aware of the game you randomly brought up. I was there. I'm trying to figure out what in the actual **** that has to do with the price of tea in China.

As with Montanan, a fair weather Griz fan dusts off his account after a 3 year absence to make nonsensical posts. xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
November 19th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Cats win, eGriz is even more hilarious.

MR. CHICKEN
November 19th, 2019, 10:05 AM
I'm aware of the game you randomly brought up. I was there. I'm trying to figure out what in the actual **** that has to do with the price of tea in China.

As with Montanan, a fair weather Griz fan dusts off his account after a 3 year absence to make nonsensical posts. xthumbsupx

.....LIKE DEER....IN DELAWARE.....DIS TIME UH YEAR.......MALES ARE FRISKY........STANDIN' AT BUS STOPS/STOP SIGNS.....WAITIN' ON WOMENS.......AWQ!

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2019, 10:39 AM
.....LIKE DEER....IN DELAWARE.....DIS TIME UH YEAR.......MALES ARE FRISKY........STANDIN' AT BUS STOPS/STOP SIGNS.....WAITIN' ON WOMENS.......AWQ!

That's one way to do it I suppose. Maybe Jerry needs to add that method to this bit.... "We're honking our horns AND WAITING AT BUS STOPS to serve you better!"

https://youtu.be/bts28rz0lJ0

Kabooom
November 19th, 2019, 11:19 AM
He's referring to UM's enrollment issues. Which, while problematic and worrisome, have nothing to do with the game this week. Cat fans gonna cat fan, though.

I was referring to this.
Re: Cat Griz

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by wapiti https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2830030#post2830030)

............Yeah I get it...Montana is in a death-Spiral with their sinking enrollment. Never lost it. MSU fans having a continual dick measuring contest with Thee University of Montana......Typical. Gets old.Really old... so just a Due Reminder made to these comments that were posted. If he can't relate my comment to his post with Wapati, then all the tea in China will not help him as he so indicated...xeyebrowx

Chadron State head coach Bill O’Boyle made it clear when asked if he wanted to play Colorado after his team beat the team that beat the Buffs a week ago.“No. Get us 60 more scholarships and maybe,” he said after Chadron State stunned Montana State, 35-24, in Bozeman, Mont., a week after Montana State upset Colorado.xeyebrowx

........Whiff.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2019, 11:44 AM
I was referring to this.
Re: Cat Griz

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by wapiti https://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2830030#post2830030)

............Yeah I get it...Montana is in a death-Spiral with their sinking enrollment. Never lost it. MSU fans having a continual dick measuring contest with Thee University of Montana......Typical. Gets old.Really old... so just a Due Reminder made to these comments that were posted. If he can't relate my comment to his post with Wapati, then all the tea in China will not help him as he so indicated...xeyebrowx

Chadron State head coach Bill O’Boyle made it clear when asked if he wanted to play Colorado after his team beat the team that beat the Buffs a week ago.“No. Get us 60 more scholarships and maybe,” he said after Chadron State stunned Montana State, 35-24, in Bozeman, Mont., a week after Montana State upset Colorado.xeyebrowx

........Whiff.

Well, at least you got that part right.... and THEE University of Montana?!?! xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Holy Jebus..... someone's delusional...

Bohcat
November 19th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Can't believe it took all the way until Tuesday for the petty and lame smack to start. I don't know whether to be disappointed or happy. Let's up our smack game everyone!!

Bisonoline
November 19th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Can't believe it took all the way until Tuesday for the petty and lame smack to start. I don't know whether to be disappointed or happy. Let's up our smack game everyone!!

Why? Is it important?

BadlandsGrizFan
November 19th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Here Kitty Kitty Kitty

putter
November 19th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Cats have been one dimensional for 3 years and the Griz have been unable to contain them. This years front 7 seems different and I think Choate's continuous rotation does not allow Rovig to get in rhythm. This one goes to the Griz

Grizalltheway
November 19th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Cats have been one dimensional for 3 years and the Griz have been unable to contain them. This years front 7 seems different and I think Choate's continuous rotation does not allow Rovig to get in rhythm. This one goes to the Griz
All of the rotation with little to no drop-off gives me hope. But I won't breathe easy until the trail of tears is up and running.

Silenoz
November 19th, 2019, 02:16 PM
A young man's game. Plus, until the North Dakota State invitational is a thing of the past I just don't have the energy.

Bohcat
November 19th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Why? Is it important?

Not important at all just more enjoyable. It's all good fun to me, that's why I love Cat/Griz.

The whole UM enrollment versus the Chadron State/ little brother is getting boring. I want some fresh, witty smack to laugh at.

Roamingriz
November 19th, 2019, 02:32 PM

Speaking of dusting things off....haven't heard that since the nineties..... xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2019, 02:43 PM
A young man's game. Plus, until the North Dakota State invitational is a thing of the past I just don't have the energy.

I must admit, each year that passes, my desire to talk smack to unknown people on the interwebz over a football game wanes just a bit more. I hope for a good, clean game with no significant injuries that ends with another Bobcat victory. That said... eat ****, Jizzlies. :D

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Speaking of dusting things off....haven't heard that since the nineties..... xthumbsupx

Are you calling me OLD?!?!? I resemble that remark.... :(

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2019, 03:25 PM
I must admit, each year that passes, my desire to talk smack to unknown people on the interwebz over a football game wanes just a bit more. I hope for a good, clean game with no significant injuries that ends with another Bobcat victory. That said... eat ****, Jizzlies. :D

Idaho blows, cat's swallow, somebody has to provide the by product.

Catbooster
November 19th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Find a Cat/Griz party to watch the game:

https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx?sid=1584&gid=1&pgid=401

If you're coming to the game, drive safe, and drink responsibly.

Unless you live close enough to walk to the game like I do. OK - maybe just drink somewhat responsibly. Don't drink to the point that you're an obnoxious jackass, and don't drive when you've had too much.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2019, 11:12 PM

Unless you live close enough to walk to the game like I do. OK - maybe just drink somewhat responsibly. Don't drink to the point that you're an obnoxious jackass, and don't drive when you've had too much.

That's good advice for those driving over. I saw Grizo and Alpha practicing for the trip earlier today.

https://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/themes/patterns/timthumb.php?src=https://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Bill-Murray-Punxsatawney-Phil-driving-car-Groundhog-Day-movie.jpg&q=90&w=660&zc=1

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 20th, 2019, 02:31 AM
Were we

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 20th, 2019, 02:32 AM
http://maroonblood.com/filedata/fetch?id=2642&d=1574238235http://maroonblood.com/filedata/fetch?id=2642&d=1574238235

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2019, 06:18 AM
Will Troy Anderson play some QB in this game?

Catbooster
November 20th, 2019, 10:07 AM
I'm sure he will play some. But who knows how much? xdontknowx Might be 4 snaps, might be 12.

He's been playing more on defense than offense.

7 TD's on offense

1 INT
6.5 Sacks
11.5 TFL
54 Tackles
5 breakups
2 QBH

Not bad for a guy that hasn't been at 100%. He's fun to watch.

MSUBobcat
November 20th, 2019, 10:25 AM

Awww c'mon... it wouldn't be Cat-Griz without a few drunken douche canoes! Just wish it was only the students, that's somewhat excusable. When it's a 50 year old beer-bellied man, that's where I have issues.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2019, 12:20 PM
I'm sure he will play some. But who knows how much? xdontknowx Might be 4 snaps, might be 12.

He's been playing more on defense than offense.

7 TD's on offense

1 INT
6.5 Sacks
11.5 TFL
54 Tackles
5 breakups
2 QBH

Not bad for a guy that hasn't been at 100%. He's fun to watch.

Yes he is. He was the best Cat player in the team in the FD last year and it wasn't even close....maybe the best player on the field.

I wish he was a Bison. He would be a total beast at MLB for the Bison. Cox at OLB and TA at middle....wow.....the Bison MLB now is serviceable but that is about it. There is a true FR that is better and might beat him out next year.

Silenoz
November 20th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Hey AZ, nice job getting so many panties twisted up

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?40716-Griz-delusional-already

I wonder if every perceived slight on the interwebz gets a 10 page thread xlolx

I mean, they are right though. That's pretty delusional xhighfivex

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2019, 01:42 PM

I'm always amazed by that place's ability to make eGriz look semi-functional. Can you imagine if they actually lost games on a regular basis?

Silenoz
November 20th, 2019, 01:45 PM
I'm always amazed by that place's ability to make eGriz look semi-functional. Can you imagine if they actually lost games on a regular basis?
It's comforting to know we at least we have the excuse of sucking (until this year) to fuel the mania. Well, some excuse. Maybe like 20%.

BadlandsGrizFan
November 20th, 2019, 01:55 PM

It would be interesting to see NDSU vs Montana in Frisco...I have no doubt the Griz fanbase would show up better than any other team they played in Frisco...the difficult part would be getting tickets tho because as theyve all said..many of their fanbase buys theirs in August.

I have no doubt that we would send enough fans to Frisco to fill the void the NDSU leaves behind if they didnt make it. Its also a lot harder to drive from Missoula to Dallas than it is from Fargo...tho there are direct flights into DFW from Missoula now.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2019, 02:11 PM
You're right it would be a **** show but, to be fair, the vast majority of the sentiment in that thread is contradictory to the OP along the lines of "do you not expect them to be confident?" or "I'd love to see the Griz in Frisco" or "Montana being good is good for the FCS (and by association good for NDSU)".

I'd love to see the Griz in Frisco moreso than any other FCS team and I've said as much since I went to the NDSU game in Missoula in 2015... it would be a BLAST with our two fan bases down there! Both teams have got to get there first though.... then I will proceed to tell you how your guys have no chance. :D

Grizzlies82
November 20th, 2019, 03:14 PM

Yes he certainly will. Troy Andersen, the linebacker, is still MSU's best offensive player.
How much offense played depends on if the cats fall behind, and how far behind.
Suspect he'll be on offense the entire 4th quarter. Poor Bobcats. :(

Grizalltheway
November 20th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Yes he certainly will. Troy Andersen, the linebacker, is still MSU's best offensive player.
More like poor Troy. It sounds like he may not actually have pro aspirations, but if he does, they've really run that guy into the ground.

Grizzlies82
November 20th, 2019, 04:06 PM
More like poor Troy. It sounds like he may not actually have pro aspirations, but if he does, they've really run that guy into the ground.

Coach Choate obviously believes in riding his horses right into the ground, or working them like rented mules.

Also feel bad for their RB Ifanse. Choate kept throwing him back into games too early. He would run for a play or two and then hobble off the field again, and again, and again. Think he did that in 3 different games after his initial injury. Finally last week he looked fairly good, though just a shell of what he could do last year.

MSUBobcat
November 20th, 2019, 04:25 PM

Presumably if Troy is on offense the entire 4th, things are going at least decent for us (i.e. within striking distance or trying to salt the game away). If we're down more than a couple scores, Troy will see spot time as we "attempt" to sling it around more. Well.... that's assuming we've learned any semblance of clock management. Based on what I've seen this year, we'd likely be mounting our 5th quarter comeback. xoopsxxbangx

100%GRIZ
November 20th, 2019, 04:34 PM
If u want a good laugh go over to e-griz & check out - Oops what is this all about!

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 20th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Yes he is. He was the best Cat player in the team in the FD last year and it wasn't even close....maybe the best player on the field.

I wish he was a Bison. He would be a total beast at MLB for the Bison. Cox at OLB and TA at middle....wow.....the Bison MLB now is serviceable but that is about it. There is a true FR that is better and might beat him out next year.

Anderson wouldnt have started on last years Bison defense. He good for the BSC as a LB but he isnt better than anyone you guys had last year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 20th, 2019, 05:32 PM
It would be interesting to see NDSU vs Montana in Frisco...I have no doubt the Griz fanbase would show up better than any other team they played in Frisco...the difficult part would be getting tickets tho because as theyve all said..many of their fanbase buys theirs in August.

I have no doubt that we would send enough fans to Frisco to fill the void the NDSU leaves behind if they didnt make it. Its also a lot harder to drive from Missoula to Dallas than it is from Fargo...tho there are direct flights into DFW from Missoula now.

Montana wouldnt get more than 5k even if they could get tickets. The Montana fans travel thing is just another thing we dont do as well as NDSU. Away games struggle to get 2k to a game and 95% of them are parents and relatives and people that live near by. What would I know I only go to most of the away games so believe people that never leave the state and run their mouths on message boards.

Not to mention in the extremely unlikely fantasy land we would even win one playoff game this year, Montana would have trouble getting tickets for the NC game. I wouldnt expect more than 2500 to 3000 but we all dont need to worry about that this year.

bobcathpdevil56
November 21st, 2019, 11:34 AM
Bump it. Just a quick reminder ESG GCG. No matter how much Bobby wants to make this a friendly rivalry.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 21st, 2019, 12:44 PM
#FTC

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

CopperCat
November 21st, 2019, 08:00 PM
You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about on this one.

Grizalltheway
November 21st, 2019, 08:36 PM
You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about on this one.

Please elaborate.

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2019, 10:52 AM
Can you imagine if the Griz won a tight one, which then set up a rematch in Missoula in the second round. Especially considering how road teams have fared in the series over the last decade...

bobcathpdevil56
November 22nd, 2019, 10:57 AM
Can you imagine if the Griz won a tight one, which then set up a rematch in Missoula in the second round. Especially considering how road teams have fared in the series over the last decade...

That would be about the most anxiety inducing week I have been a part of in this rivalry.

100%GRIZ
November 22nd, 2019, 10:57 AM
I'm a thinking this won't be a close one!

Catbooster
November 22nd, 2019, 11:04 AM
So you think we'll win big? I'm giving the Griz more credit than that. I think it'll be close. :D

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2019, 11:30 AM
Ah, some classic Stitt-era tackling right there.

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2019, 11:36 AM
So you think we'll win big? I'm giving the Griz more credit than that. I think it'll be close. :D

Hope Rovig doesn't have a lot of homework, because he's going to be spending the rest of his weekend in an ice bath.

https://i.imgur.com/7O1d79G.gif

Catbooster
November 22nd, 2019, 11:39 AM
I suspect a lot of guys on both teams will be sore come Saturday night.

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2019, 11:47 AM
I suspect a lot of guys on both teams will be sore come Saturday night.
Oops, didn't realize that was in your sig. But yes, this will probably be a bloodbath.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2019, 12:00 PM
Hope Rovig doesn't have a lot of homework, because he's going to be spending the rest of his weekend in an ice bath.

https://i.imgur.com/7O1d79G.gif

How many times are the Griz going to get a hit on him on his 8-12 pass attempts??? And I say that actually hoping we attempt more to keep the Griz D honest; it just doesn't seem to be Choate or Miller's playbook. Going against the worst pass defense in the Big Sky, I hope they try to expand the field, but I'm not overly optimistic. If Rovig can throw for about 180 yards and no picks, I like our chances. If not... our defense has to really step up.

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2019, 12:37 PM
How many times are the Griz going to get a hit on him on his 8-12 pass attempts??? And I say that actually hoping we attempt more to keep the Griz D honest; it just doesn't seem to be Choate or Miller's playbook. Going against the worst pass defense in the Big Sky, I hope they try to expand the field, but I'm not overly optimistic. If Rovig can throw for about 180 yards and no picks, I like our chances. If not... our defense has to really step up.

He's going to need to throw more passes than that to attempt to get out of the hole they're going to be in.

Hope it doesn't go as well as last year. ​

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2019, 01:14 PM
He's going to need to throw more passes than that to attempt to get out of the hole they're going to be in.

Hope it doesn't go as well as last year. ​

If we get down big early, slinging it around is the opposite of how we get back in the game, IMO. Stick with the run-based offense when they're expecting us to pass, cuz we just don't have a QB. Now if we're down multiple scores in the 4th, yes we're going to have to chuck it up and xprayx. What I'm hoping Choate and Miller do to start the game is some quick passes (slants, WR screens, quick outs) mixed in with some shots down field on play action. Trotting Rovig out on 3rd and 7.... you might as well just send out the punter if you're going to telegraph your play when we have a suspect QB.

bobcathpdevil56
November 22nd, 2019, 01:51 PM
If it's any help to the Bobcat fans, my elementary school did the Cat/Griz food drive and for the 4th year in a row the Cats have defeated the Griz. So that is a good sign heading into the game.

Bohcat
November 22nd, 2019, 02:32 PM
If it's any help to the Bobcat fans, my elementary school did the Cat/Griz food drive and for the 4th year in a row the Cats have defeated the Griz. So that is a good sign heading into the game.

It's like the New Hampshire primary of Cat/Griz results.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2019, 02:42 PM

Great news! With that in mind, I got a home equity loan and put it all on the Cats! C'mon RETIREMENT!

Of course those results are skewed based on the, "I'm a supporter of MSU because I went to school there, you're a Griz fan because you went to Walmart" doctrine and college educated people make more money and can therefore afford to give more...

Silenoz
November 22nd, 2019, 03:15 PM
I accidentally wore blue today. That means in some sort of reverse double jinx that either we're gonna win, or the game will be cancelled because of lightning.

Grizalltheway
November 22nd, 2019, 03:16 PM
Great news! With that in mind, I got a home equity loan and put it all on the Cats! C'mon RETIREMENT!

Of course those results are skewed based on the, "I'm a supporter of MSU because I went to school there, you're a Griz fan because you went to Walmart" doctrine and college educated people make more money and can therefore afford to give more...
Yeah that's been a pretty reliable coping mechanism for you guys over the years.:D

Roamingriz
November 22nd, 2019, 03:22 PM

I hadn't realized there were grade school cat fans posting on here..... 🤔

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2019, 03:47 PM
It's fun to cheer for the C-A-T-S!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWs

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2019, 04:28 PM
I hadn't realized there were grade school cat fans posting on here..... 樂

Cat fans are intellectually advanced.... SCIENCE!!!

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2019, 04:31 PM
Yeah that's been a pretty reliable coping mechanism for you guys over the years.:D

Having piles of money does make it easy to cope with just about anything. :D As Daniel Tosh said, "They say money doesn't buy happiness... Try frowning on a jet ski. You can't do it!"

fencer24
November 22nd, 2019, 04:37 PM

Grade school, graduate - same thing.

fencer24
November 22nd, 2019, 04:38 PM
Can't believe we are at 10 pages and only 76 people have voted. Where are the secret Russian vote tamperers?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 22nd, 2019, 04:43 PM
Lived in the Gallatin Valley and got to know former Cat coach Rob Ash real well so my allegiance is with Montana State. With that said, I think the Griz win by 14-20 points. I'll go Montana 34-17.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2019, 04:43 PM
Can't believe we are at 10 pages and only 76 people have voted. Where are the secret Russian vote tamperers?

The people who post here are aging I think. A lot less animosity the more the calendar pages flip. Turned 40 last month and I just don't have the energy for hate anymore. Getting old sucks.

bobcathpdevil56
November 22nd, 2019, 04:49 PM

I am the principal of the school. Cause you know I graduated from MSU. I didn’t just see a Griz shirt at Walmart and become a fan.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 22nd, 2019, 04:50 PM
The people who post here are aging I think. A lot less animosity the more the calendar pages flip. Turned 40 last month and I just don't have the energy for hate anymore. Getting old sucks.

That's how I feel about Lehigh-Lafayette. 16 years ago when I joined AGS I would have just turned 21 in October. It would have been one helluva weekend in college. Now I'm 37 and more interested in watching it on my computer so i can see Penn State get their ass kicked on the big screen. Plus, I like being able to pick my parking spot at Goodman Stadium when there's 6-8k people there. With 13-16k I can't pick my spot...lol.

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2019, 05:03 PM
It's fun to cheer for the C-A-T-S!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfRsHuu1vWsA part of me wants to let this just die and the other part wants this to live on for all to see the no shame some people have.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2019, 06:04 PM
It's like the New Hampshire primary of Cat/Griz results.

That is pretty good. xthumbsupx

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2019, 06:10 PM
Ah, some classic Stitt-era tackling right there.

That happens recruiting nothing but wide receivers on offense AND defense.

MSUBobcat
November 22nd, 2019, 07:00 PM
That happens recruiting nothing but wide receivers on offense AND defense.

The Big Sky went real wild on the Air Raid offense for a while. Cant say I'm not glad it's going away. Not that there aren't high powered offenses, but the defenses are toughening up.

Grizzlies82
November 22nd, 2019, 07:08 PM
The Big Sky went real wild on the Air Raid offense for a while. Cant say I'm not glad it's going away. Not that there aren't high powered offenses, but the defenses are toughening up.

I'm just glad to see Choate returning MSU to the Earl Solomonson offense. I really enjoyed those years.

Suspect it is going to work out just as well this time around. xnodx

Enjoy the game tomorrow. Remember afterwards, don't be sad. You can just turn your frown upside down. xpeacex

Catbooster
November 23rd, 2019, 12:48 AM
https://twitter.com/ROOTSPORTS_NW/status/1198073168931348480

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2019, 06:06 AM
no Big Sky TV for the Big Sky game?

mvemjsunpx
November 23rd, 2019, 06:36 AM

It's on ROOT. The Big Sky isn't allowed to stream the ROOT games.

Bohcat
November 23rd, 2019, 07:13 AM
The RootSports intro video has been pretty awesome the last few years. I’ve been waiting for that to post.

fencer24
November 23rd, 2019, 07:18 AM
Six hours to go to the game. Can one have frightened optimism?

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 07:44 AM
https://twitter.com/ROOTSPORTS_NW/status/1198073168931348480
No dog in this fight and that still got my blood pumping!

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2019, 08:08 AM
It's on ROOT. The Big Sky isn't allowed to stream the ROOT games.

thanks!

veinup
November 23rd, 2019, 08:27 AM
i’ll cast my unofficial vote for the griz. for some reason the poll doesn’t show up on mobile.

Chalupa Batman
November 23rd, 2019, 08:30 AM

For those with Directv it's on Audience network, channel 239

Bohcat
November 23rd, 2019, 11:52 AM
Six hours to go to the game. Can one have frightened optimism?
How about optimistic unfortunate realism?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2019, 12:20 PM
i’ll cast my unofficial vote for the griz. for some reason the poll doesn’t show up on mobile.

It doesn't show up on tapatalk unless you switch to full site and then you can vote and see it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2019, 12:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRDEcow7i_E

veinup
November 23rd, 2019, 01:06 PM
griz by 30

Lorne_Malvo
November 23rd, 2019, 01:07 PM
No way to watch this other than Root Sports?

MSUBobcat
November 23rd, 2019, 01:13 PM
TA not playing. Hurts on offense and defense. Go Cats!

- - - Updated - - -

Audience if you have.... Directv I think?

Chalupa Batman
November 23rd, 2019, 01:41 PM
Wow, did not see this start coming

mmiller_34
November 23rd, 2019, 01:42 PM

I am also trying to find a way to watch. No luck so far.

Prime Power
November 23rd, 2019, 02:01 PM
I am also trying to find a way to watch. No luck so far.

I don't think it is worth even trying to find a way to watch anymore...24-0 Cats

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2019, 02:02 PM
Didn't watch but checked the score. Not surprising. Oh well.

Schism55
November 23rd, 2019, 02:05 PM
24-0 Cats? WTF

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2019, 02:10 PM
24-0 Cats? WTF
Not really that surprising. We always suck in the first half, and Choate lives to beat us.

I'd be upset in a world where this mattered for the playoffs, but in the NDSU invitational era...meh

IBleedYellow
November 23rd, 2019, 02:11 PM
I’m looking like a wise man right now.

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 02:12 PM
Pretty surprised. Montana State’s defense looks great! Montana finally getting something going here though...

veinup
November 23rd, 2019, 02:14 PM
can someone send me a box of tissues

Bison56
November 23rd, 2019, 02:21 PM
can someone send me a box of tissues31227

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2019, 02:21 PM
wtf griz xrolleyesx

Catbooster
November 23rd, 2019, 02:41 PM
So far, so good.

The stands are rocking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
November 23rd, 2019, 02:49 PM
This game should be over but I don't think it is.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2019, 03:23 PM
This game should be over but I don't think it is.

We are getting our asses kicked on the lines. This one is very likely over from looking at that.

wapiti
November 23rd, 2019, 03:42 PM
I expected the Cats to win, but to have a 41 - 14 lead in the 4th quarter was not expected.
The Cat's are running the ball at will.

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2019, 03:45 PM
So now seedings enter the equation. Can Montana hang on for a #8? Let's them escape Fargo for a bit at least.

wapiti
November 23rd, 2019, 03:46 PM
Interception in favor of the Cat's!!!!

wapiti
November 23rd, 2019, 03:49 PM
14 - 48 7:54 left to play

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2019, 03:54 PM
Well congrats. I didn't watch because I don't have time to watch football, but I would have bet money on the Cats anyways. On to the Fargo invitational.

GreatGreatGreat
November 23rd, 2019, 04:20 PM
Montana state has played well as of late.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2019, 04:22 PM
Congrats to the cats! Where the hell do you rank these teams?

Schism55
November 23rd, 2019, 04:25 PM
Troy Anderson did not play correct? If so, an even more impressive beatdown.
Congrats Bobcats! Enjoy some adult beverages xdrunkyx

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2019, 04:27 PM
We got our asses kicked.

Nothing else left to say.

Congrats to the cats.

CopperCat
November 23rd, 2019, 04:37 PM
Troy Anderson did not play correct? If so, an even more impressive beatdown.
Congrats Bobcats! Enjoy some adult beverages xdrunkyx
Correct.

cx500d
November 23rd, 2019, 04:38 PM
I thought this would at least be a game

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 04:43 PM
Congrats Cats! Main Street in Bozeman will be rocking. Hell, they'll be partying in Belgrade!!

This is a crushing loss for Montana. I think at this point JMU is NDSU's only potential threat.

CopperCat
November 23rd, 2019, 04:53 PM
I wish to hell I was in Bozeman right now.

I've been watching Cat-griz for 30+ years now, and I’ve never seen an MSU team be THAT dominant in every facet of the game.

How long until the um fan base starts calling for Bobby to be fired? Or has it already happened?

veinup
November 23rd, 2019, 05:03 PM
1. fire coach bobby

i’m kidding

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2019, 05:15 PM
I wish to hell I was in Bozeman right now.

I've been watching Cat-griz for 30+ years now, and I’ve never seen an MSU team be THAT dominant in every facet of the game.

How long until the um fan base starts calling for Bobby to be fired? Or has it already happened?
There are plenty of idiots already doing it lol

veinup
November 23rd, 2019, 05:17 PM
thanks for the tissues btw. absolute devastation

Catbooster
November 23rd, 2019, 06:50 PM
I had a great day. xthumbsupx

Time to start looking at scores and getting my votes figured out.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 23rd, 2019, 07:48 PM
Not very surprising I have said all year we have a very long way to go.

Yeah, we are back........ Ha ha ha ha. Ok

This lisss was so bad everyone on our roster is tainted. Won't win another one of these for at least 3 years.

Catbooster
November 23rd, 2019, 07:57 PM
Not very surprising I have said all year we have a very long way to go.

Yeah, we are back........ Ha ha ha ha. Ok

This lisss was so bad everyone on our roster is tainted. Won't win another one of these for at least 3 years.

I'm ok with that. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:16 PM
I'm ok with that. xthumbsupx

I just want the Big Sky to get a contract with ESPN+ and/or 3, even if only for the marquee games.

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2019, 08:36 PM
I just want the Big Sky to get a contract with ESPN+ and/or 3, even if only for the marquee games.

Big Sky TV is pretty good and free, and besides all the cameramen are trolling the hotties

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2019, 10:55 PM

LOL Great prediction

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2019, 10:58 PM

There was a "maulin" alright lol

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2019, 11:00 PM

You were right xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
November 23rd, 2019, 11:06 PM
Just yanking a few griz chains. Who the hell put the poll up? You left it open to vote after the game was over lol.

cats2506
November 25th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Good read, lots of fun

wapiti
November 25th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Just yanking a few griz chains. Who the hell put the poll up? You left it open to vote after the game was over lol.

Vote early and vote often and vote late too.