PDA

View Full Version : The Bubble (2019 edition)

Pages : 1 [2]

Redbird 4th & short
November 22nd, 2019, 10:31 AM
Something tells me it may be a while before I hear that said about WIU again.
ouch .. to be honest, I was thoroughly impressed you guys hung so tough as long as you did .. you had to overcome a lot to maintain your competitiveness as much as youdid thru 2018 .. it was very impressive run, especially by comparison to others that also struggle financially and with enrollment. Would love to see you guys rebound in a couple years.

NOLA
November 22nd, 2019, 06:24 PM
I agree. I think the Southland could be looking at 3 teams. Nicholls has an outside shot at a seed. They have a pretty solid resume. If they traded one of their FBS games for a FCS cupcake they likely get one at 9-3.

Whoa whoa whoa. Nobody here is thinking we’ll be a seed. We might be rolling right now but let’s not get crazy. But we’ll gladly accept it though. Hahaha.

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2019, 07:10 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. Nobody here is thinking we’ll be a seed. We might be rolling right now but let’s not get crazy. But we’ll gladly accept it though. Hahaha.

Hearing there's at least a decent chance Nicholls gets the 8 seed.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2019, 07:25 PM
It doesn't really take that much to get up to that 8 seed honestly unless Montana St beats Montana then I think the Big Sky takes that last seed. I was of the opinion that UCA had the best seed chances of anyone in the Southland but I suppose the committee could look at Nicholls convincing win over UCA and the fact that they just beat a team in SLU that crushed UCA just two weeks ago. I'd still give the nod to UCA (assuming they win tonight) just because they've got the extra win overall, better losses, and I think their wins over Austin Peay and Western Kentucky trump the head-to-head win.

lionsrking2
November 22nd, 2019, 07:36 PM
It doesn't really take that much to get up to that 8 seed honestly unless Montana St beats Montana then I think the Big Sky takes that last seed. I was of the opinion that UCA had the best seed chances of anyone in the Southland but I suppose the committee could look at Nicholls convincing win over UCA and the fact that they just beat a team in SLU that crushed UCA just two weeks ago. I'd still give the nod to UCA (assuming they win tonight) just because they've got the extra win overall, better losses, and I think their wins over Austin Peay and Western Kentucky trump the head-to-head win.

Possible UCA gets it but Nicholls is healthy for the first time in several weeks and 5-0 when full tilt, plus UCA was hammered by us and the Colonels. They do have the early wins over WKU and Austin Peay in their basket but Nicholls has a great case, plus it could make things easier for bracket placement.

katss07
November 22nd, 2019, 09:04 PM
UCA has a better chance of getting a seed IMO. 9-3 with wins over an FBS team, the eventual OVC Champ (most likely) and SHSU. One of those Ls is against Hawaii. While Nicholls owns the head to head, UCA definitely has the better resume and should probably be the SLC team seeded, if there is an outside shot it happens.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 22nd, 2019, 09:12 PM

I think the 8 seed is the perfect non-reward, reward. My guess is it goes to the top team from one of the perceived "lesser conferences". My belief is it will be either CCSU, Wofford, Nicholls or Monmouth. I'm still going to stick with CCSU and their 11 D1 wins....

bwbear
November 22nd, 2019, 10:51 PM
UCA has a better chance of getting a seed IMO. 9-3 with wins over an FBS team, the eventual OVC Champ (most likely) and SHSU. One of those Ls is against Hawaii. While Nicholls owns the head to head, UCA definitely has the better resume and should probably be the SLC team seeded, if there is an outside shot it happens.

Here's why UCA would get the seed over Nicholls.

UCA Quality Wins: FBS WKY, Austin Peay, 9-3 record
UCA Bad Losses: None

Nicholls Quality wins: UCA, SLU, 8-4 record
Nicholls Bad Losses: ACU (5-6)

To me, the loss to ACU will hurt their chances at a seed.

Outsider1
November 23rd, 2019, 08:42 AM
Here's why UCA would get the seed over Nicholls.

UCA Quality Wins: FBS WKY, Austin Peay, 9-3 record
UCA Bad Losses: None

Nicholls Quality wins: UCA, SLU, 8-4 record
Nicholls Bad Losses: ACU (5-6)

To me, the loss to ACU will hurt their chances at a seed.

At least there is one positive for us this year xdrunkyx

Redbird 4th & short
November 23rd, 2019, 09:13 AM

I think the top 8 bubble is weaker by relative comparison than the top 24 bubble.

The way ISUr has played, though 8-3, the fact that most people think we are a top 8 seed, does not reflect well on the top 8 this year.

As many concluded before, there are maybe 6 teams definitely worthy of a top 8 seed. Everyone else is lucky to be considered top 8 prospect because the top 8 bubble is so weak this year ... this includes my ISUr. The only thing we've done better this year than the 3 prior years is make sure we don't lay the usual 2 eggs, spaced around a couple very impressive wins .. otherwise, my 2019 Redbirds (8-3) aren't any better than 2016 (6-5), 2017 (6-5), or 2018 (6-5). This is partly due to how unusually weak the lower third of MVFC is this year, and partly due to Spack's handling of "trap games" that have tripped us up these last 3 years.

I'm not saying we don't deserve a top 8 seed, arguably we do. But there are 3 or 4 teams on the top 8 bubble that have a comparable case.

But despite the weakness in that middle tier .. say 7 to 12, I still think the top 24 field and bubble is stronger than a year ago. Conferences like Big Sky, Colonial, and Southland all seem a little deeper this year than last. MEAC also looks a little better at the top, but still no way thieir 3rd place team deserves a bid IMO. MVFC is just fine at the top, but clearly not as deep this year. Southern slipped for sure. Patriot is train wreck. The others seem about same. So I think there is much more/better quality around the 24th team than a year ago.

But I'll gladly take a seed with pride .. if we ever get our pass game to be just solid, we could surprise. Next man up is true FR Jack Baltz ... 6'6" 195 lbs .. he finally got a full week of reps after being 3rd string most of year. He's a tall pocket QB (did very well in HS 8A) who moves better than people might think for his size and build. We'll see if he's a bit better prepared than getting unexpectedly thrust into game in Q2 last week when starter QB Davis took himself out of the game.

NOLA
November 23rd, 2019, 11:16 AM
Since Nicholls and Central both finished at 7-2, which do you think looks better to the committee?

Central was demolished by the top two teams, early by Nicholls (34-14, with Smith throwing a 40-yard touchdown pass in the final seconds), and at home recently by SLU (34-0).

Nicholls beat the top two teams at home (UCA) and on the road (SLU), but lost to San Houston (4th) and ACU (5th). Obviously UCA has the better non-conference resume.

Bear84
November 23rd, 2019, 11:40 AM
Historically, the teams getting seeds have been ranked in the top 10, or at least close to the top ten, and the seeds are more of a reward for the entire season rather than who the committee thinks are the strongest teams now. Winning lots of games is one of the main criteria, although strength of schedule is also a significant factor.

In my opinion, Nicholls fell too far back in the rankings regardless of how worthy they appear now. I would say UCA has an outside shot, even though I don't think they are really good enough for a seed. I'm still thinking Montana State, CCSU or even KSU will get the last seed. Even though most here think KSU is in no way deserving, they are in the coaches top ten. If they do get it, AGS will implode.

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 11:57 AM
Since Nicholls and Central both finished at 7-2, which do you think looks better to the committee?

Central was demolished by the top two teams, early by Nicholls (34-14, with Smith throwing a 40-yard touchdown pass in the final seconds), and at home recently by SLU (34-0).

Nicholls beat the top two teams at home (UCA) and on the road (SLU), but lost to San Houston (4th) and ACU (5th). Obviously UCA has the better non-conference resume.
I’m taking UCA’s resume. Sure, Nicholls has the head to head but resume as a whole, UCA looks better.

Nicholls’ losses to Sam and ACU basically kill any chance they have at a seed.

UNHWildcat18
November 23rd, 2019, 03:03 PM
UNH 6-5, 5-3CAA....... Time for Marty to work his magic xdrunkyx

aceinthehole
November 23rd, 2019, 03:12 PM

:) How about a 2017 rematch in New Britain xthumbsupx

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 03:29 PM
I don’t care what happens in the second half. SIU is a playoff team!

Terry2889
November 23rd, 2019, 03:46 PM

I'm happy with us being done.... Unless we get to play a Southland team that's got a grossly inflated record again! I would love to, for the fourth time, hear all about southern speed.

Dane96
November 23rd, 2019, 04:24 PM
Final

Albany 31
SBU 20

If people REALLY looked at how Albany had their 4 losses develop, I think some would look at them differently.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 04:26 PM
I'm happy with us being done.... Unless we get to play a Southland team that's got a grossly inflated record again! I would love to, for the fourth time, hear all about southern speed.

I'd want payback against HC. Although it's highly unlikely given the committee's tendency to avoid regular season games in round 1.

cx500d
November 23rd, 2019, 04:34 PM
Final

Albany 31
SBU 20

If people REALLY looked at how Albany had their 4 losses develop, I think some would look at them differently.
i think Albany will be in

aceinthehole
November 23rd, 2019, 04:45 PM
i think Albany will be in

Yes. Albany played their way in, Towson played their way out.

I think the CAA gets just 3 teams this year: JMU, 'Nova, and Albany.

UNH needed a 12th game this year, as another non-conf win would have helped their resume. They won just 2 of their last 4 games.

Towson was overated for much of the year and won 3 of 5 to end the season.

cx500d
November 23rd, 2019, 04:48 PM

UNH needed a 12th game this year, as another non-conf win would have helped their resume. They won just 2 of their last 4 games.

concur with your analysis

ejjones
Towson (7-5) bubble? burst?

Best Win : 6-6 (Citadel)
Worst Lost: 5-6 (Elon)

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Towson losing at home to Elon is a gag.

I agree the CAA should get 3. If UNH gets in it will be the ultimate crime. Although, the last 2-4 at-larges are field fillers anyway. UNH's name in the bracket works as well as anyone else's would.

R.A.
November 23rd, 2019, 05:03 PM
SC State 20
Norfolk State 17
Final/ Overtime

The SC State Bulldogs (8-3, 6-2 MEAC) are 2019 MEAC Football Co- Champs, together with The #24 North Carolina A&T Aggies (8-3. 6-2 MEAC)
-NC A&T Gets the Celebration Bowl Bid
-SC State awaits a possible At- Large Bid into the 2019 FCS Playoffs.
--------------------------------------------
SC State's Partial Résumé
Best Win: 28-13, #17 Wofford (8-3, 7-1 SoCon), 2019 SoCon Champion
All Losses: 16-55, South Florida (FBS), 38-42, #12 FAMU (*9-1. 7-0 MEAC), 20-22, #24 NC A&T (8-3, 6-2 MEAC), 2019 MEAC Co-Champion

*FAMU has current games in progress. Also, FAMU is ineligible for the MEAC Championship and Post Season play.

cx500d
November 23rd, 2019, 05:06 PM
SC State 20
Norfolk State 17
Final/ Overtime

The SC State Bulldogs (8-3, 6-2 MEAC) are 2019 MEAC Football Co- Champs, together with The #24 North Carolina A&T Aggies (8-3. 6-2 MEAC)
-NC A&T Gets the Celebration Bowl Bid
-SC State awaits a possible At- Large Bid into the 2019 FCS Playoffs.
--------------------------------------------
SC State's Partial Résumé
Best Win: 28-13, #17 Wofford (8-3, 7-1 SoCon), 2019 SoCon Champion
All Losses: 16-55, South Florida (FBS), 38-42, #12 FAMU (*9-1. 7-0 MEAC), 20-22, #24 NC A&T (8-3, 6-2 MEAC), 2019 MEAC Co-Champion

*FAMU has current games in progress. Also, FAMU is ineligible for the MEAC Championship and Post Season play.
what was Norfolk’s record?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 05:08 PM
I'll take SC State over a 4th place team from the MVFC or CAA.

cx500d
November 23rd, 2019, 05:10 PM
Not sure SDSU gets a seed after losing to South Dakota

uofmman1122
November 23rd, 2019, 05:14 PM
Did SDSU and ISUr just feel sorry for us? Lol

Griz might sneak back into a seed, after all.

WileECoyote06
November 23rd, 2019, 05:14 PM
Not sure SDSU gets a seed after losing to South Dakota

SDSU, Montana, and Illinois State didn't help themselves. The same may be true for Sacramento State.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 05:15 PM
My take:

SLU: In
Albany: In
Furman: In
UND: In
SIU: In

Kennesaw St: First out
SCSU: Second out

Towson: Out
UTM: Out
New Hampshire: Out

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2019, 05:15 PM
I think Furman did what it needed today against a lower division team.

While I don't feel 100% comfortable, I do not think the committee is going to overlook the SoCon's No. 2 team that finished 8-4 and 7-2 in FCS play and spent the entire season in the top 20.

Furman doesn't have any particularly notable wins, but they also aren't carrying around any bad losses either. They played two good FBS teams wire to wire, which I think the committee has indicated they will look favorably on.

HensRock
November 23rd, 2019, 05:22 PM
My take:

I don't think Albany has a strong enough resume even at 8-4. Too many other teams making better cases today.
Unfortunately, I see the CAA going from a 6-bid league to a 2-bid this year. (And deservedly so)

ejjones
November 23rd, 2019, 05:23 PM
My take:

Don't see a 5 lost team making it...

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:23 PM
I think Wofford earned a seed, given how the rest of the top ~12 did.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 05:24 PM
I don't think Albany has a strong enough resume even at 8-4. Too many other teams making better cases today.
Unfortunately, I see the CAA going from a 6-bid league to a 2-bid this year. (And deservedly so)

Albany should be safe as the third imo. The qualifications to make the field, especially this year, aren't much. I don't think the CAA or MVFC deserve more than 3 teams a piece but you need to fill out the bracket some how.

TennBison
November 23rd, 2019, 05:26 PM
Does anyone besides NDSU and JMU want to be in the top 4?????? Put your hand up we are taking applications.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:27 PM
I like these teams in for sure, no matter what, no matter the seeding (copied from a spreadsheet):

Weber

Sac State

Montana

Montana State

Monmouth

JMU

NDSU

SDSU

Illinois State

CCSU

Holy Cross

San Diego

Wofford

UCA

Nova

Furman

UNI

Nicholls

AP

SEMO

Albany

(That's 21 teams)

And the next 3 will come from here:

southern Illinois

SELA

KSU

SC State

North Dakota

I think the committee will go with SELA, Kennesaw, and Southern Illinois.

I personally think North Dakota, SC State, and SELA probably deserve it most with quality wins.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 05:29 PM
CCSU better get a seed. 11 D1 wins better hold up. I don't care who they beat. All I know is at least they win consistently and that's the goal. The only other teams that can say that are JMU and NDSU. Based on what I've seen in FCS this year basically everyone is decent at losing.

cx500d
November 23rd, 2019, 05:30 PM
CCSU better get a seed. 11 D1 wins better hold up. I don't care who they beat. All I know is at least they win consistently and that's the goal. The only other teams that can say that are JMU and NDSU. Based on what I've seen in FCS this year basically everyone is decent at losing.
Agree

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 05:31 PM
Bubble is awful light after what happened today. Do you think 10-2 Kennesaw or 8-3 South Carolina St get in over 8-4 Albany? If not there's not really anyone else that I can see to take that spot.

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2019, 05:32 PM
Professor,

"My take:

New Hampshire: Out"

UNH shouldn't be overlooked as much IMO... Two ranked wins, two ranked losses. You all can't sit back and tell me that UNH's resume isn't better than UND, SLU. Furman, SCSU, Towson, UTM, and Kennesaw.

Five losses is bad, but when you have one bad loss in that group and finish third in the CAA, who you play matters.

#13 SOS. Full DI schedule. Third outright in the CAA. Three losses to playoff teams another in a close loss at FBS team.

uni88
November 23rd, 2019, 05:34 PM
I think Wofford backed into a seed, given how the rest of the top ~12 did.

FYP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:35 PM
Professor,

"My take:

UNH shouldn't be overlooked as much IMO... Two ranked wins, two ranked losses. You all can't sit back and tell me that UNH's resume isn't better than UND, SLU. Furman, SCSU, Towson, UTM, and Kennesaw.

Five losses is bad, but when you have one bad loss in that group and finish third in the CAA, who you play matters.

#13 SOS. Full DI schedule. Third outright in the CAA. Three losses to playoff teams another in a close loss at FBS team.

UNH's resume isn't better than UND, SLU, Furman, SCSU, UTM, Kennesaw and Towson.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:36 PM
FYP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

When you win 8 straight FCS games, 7 by 3 scores+, there ain't no backing in it...

(On some level, I know you're busting my balls, but still)

TennBison
November 23rd, 2019, 05:37 PM
Some a little better than others.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 05:38 PM
Professor,

"My take:

I view that Holy Cross loss as worse than you do apparently. Yeah, they're a playoff team but that doesn't make it a good loss for UNH. I realize their head coach abruptly left the program 1.5 weeks before that but it's still not a good loss. Delaware is a bad loss. One good win over Villanova isn't enough to make up for that along with 5 overall losses IMO.

So I actually can sit there and tell you that, in my opinion, UNH's resume isn't better than UND's, SLU's, Furman's, Kennesaw's, or SCSU's. xpeacex

Bear84
I think Wofford earned a seed, given how the rest of the top ~12 did.

I agree. I thought Wofford had a decent shot before several "locks" **** the bed today. I think they definitely get a seed now.

PaladinFan
Scott Keeler makes a good argument. http://www.furmansportsreport.com/2019/11/paladins-enjoy-record-day-in-rout-of.html?spref=tw

Furman was ranked #9 in the FCS committee's first rankings release. They lost to a Wofford team on the road that may well be a seed tomorrow. Certainly you don't go from #9 to out of the field by losing to another seeded team.

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 05:39 PM
My take

SELA, Furman, Albany, UND and Kennesaw get in.

SIU, SCST and UTM first three out

I personally think SIU or SCST would be better selections than Kennesaw but the committee always gives us a head scratcher. Last year it was Lamar’s inclusion. I think KSU sneaks in despite their incredibly weak SoS.

HensRock
November 23rd, 2019, 05:40 PM
I don't know. I guess Albany could make it.
I question SIU pick though, but they at least have a good win on their resume.
I think 10-2 Kennesaw would be hard to leave at home, especially since they went last year.
I'm assuming N.C. A&T goes as a second place MEAC.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:40 PM
Furman is a lock IMO

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2019, 05:41 PM
Schedule literally doesn't lie. Across the board better quality opponents and wins.

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 05:41 PM
I view that Holy Cross loss as worse than you do apparently. Yeah, they're a playoff team but that doesn't make it a good loss for UNH. I realize their head coach abruptly left the program 1.5 weeks before that but it's still not a good loss. Delaware is a bad loss. One good win over Villanova isn't enough to make up for that along with 5 overall losses IMO.

So I actually can sit there and tell you that, in my opinion, UNH's resume isn't better than UND's, SLU's, Furman's, Kennesaw's, or SCSU's. xpeacex
I’m not vouching for UNH’s selection at all, but Maine today is a good win. We were talking about them potentially sneaking in.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:42 PM
I think 10-2 Kennesaw would be hard to leave at home, especially since they went last year.

Quick correction: NC A&T is going to the celebration bowl because FAMU has a postseason ban.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I'm probably biased because of how well SIU played NDSU today but a win over UTM will look good and their wins over USD and YSU also look better after what happened today. I think the committee will overvalue that UMass win just because of the FBS label attached to them. I wouldn't be shocked to see either Kennesaw or SCSU in instead of SIU though.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by any of SLU/SCSU/KSU/SIU/UND being included or excluded.

North Dakota's one good win looks great after what Montana State did today against Montana, earning that seed, etc. Really SLU/UND/SCSU have easily better wins than KSU/SIU

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 05:44 PM
I’m not vouching for UNH’s selection at all, but Maine today is a good win. We were talking about them potentially sneaking in.
I think Maine would've been in the same position as UNH had they won today. Probably in the conversation but not in and not even in the first 2 out.

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2019, 05:45 PM
UAlbany is a lock. This is a joke if people think second place CAA team ain't getting in.

Kennesaw played two non-DI teams, one ranked Monmouth team, and that matters, as we've always seen with the committee.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised by any of SLU/SCSU/KSU/SIU/UND being included or excluded.

North Dakota's one good win looks great after what Montana State did today against Montana, earning that seed, etc. Really SLU/UND/SCSU have easily better wins than KSU/SIU
If you're calling Furman a lock I think SLU and UND are also locks.

geaux_sioux
November 23rd, 2019, 05:46 PM
Does any bubble team have a better win than UND over MSU? Does any bubble team have a worse loss than UND at Idaho St?

ejjones
November 23rd, 2019, 05:46 PM
Furman is a lock IMO
Furman is only in b/c of where they started, NOT what they've done.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 05:49 PM
I think all SLU, Albany, Furman, and UND should all be in. That last spot comes down to SIU, Kennesaw, or South Carolina St. Take your pick. I'd pick SIU but there's a good argument for any of those 3.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:49 PM

I don't disagree. I think they're going to put Kennesaw in, even though they don't deserve it.

Herdistheword
November 23rd, 2019, 05:50 PM
I don’t envy the selection committee.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 05:51 PM
I don’t envy the selection committee.

As long as they make sure NDSU is the 1 seed and JMU is the 2 seed everything else is semantics. I'd gladly take it on. Pretty hard to screw it up in recent years....

HensRock
November 23rd, 2019, 05:55 PM
UNH is 6-5. End of discussion.
Uncle Marty not on the committee anymore. (If he was, they'd be a lock)

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:56 PM
I think all SLU, UND, Furman, and UND should all be in. That last spot comes down to SIU, Kennesaw, or South Carolina St. Take your pick. I'd pick SIU but there's a good argument for any of those 3.

Biased Wofford fan opinion: SC State would have the best win and I would put them in. I understand that SIU argument too, but they lack a big win. UMass is 1-11 with the one win going against winless Akron.

Bear84
I don't disagree. I think they're going to put Kennesaw in, even though they don't deserve it.

Kennesaw was #9 in last week's coaches poll. With them winning big today, they will likely move up. Hard to see the committee leaving out a team ranked in the top 8, even if we all think the coaches poll is BS.

santosballnewhampshire
Who did Kennesaw beat this year that's worth talking about for playoffs? Same for Furman. I mean seriously. SLU's best win is what Central Ark?

UND and SIU I fully support over UNH and the above.

Just because you have wins doesn't mean you get in.

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:57 PM
And just because your record is 6-5 means you are definitely out.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 05:58 PM
UNHs win over Villanova is probably the second best win of teams on the bubble (aside from ND, who should be a lock but for some reason isn’t). UNH finishing third in a power conference may have some value, Holy Cross winning the patriot helps too.

For me, though, last two in are SELA and SIU and first two out are UNH and Eastern Washington. If the committee wants four from the CAA, that’s UNHs angle.

If we are going to use the argument of Furman at 9, should two ranked road losses drop UNH from 10 to out?

HensRock
November 23rd, 2019, 05:58 PM
I think all SLU, UND, Furman, and UND should all be in. That last spot comes down to SIU, Kennesaw, or South Carolina St. Take your pick. I'd pick SIU but there's a good argument for any of those 3.

Am I missing something with NC A&T ?
I assume FAMU would go to the Celebration Bowl, freeing up NCA&T for the playoffs at 8-3. No?

Reign of Terrier
November 23rd, 2019, 05:59 PM
Am I missing something with NC A&T ?
I assume FAMU would go to the Celebration Bowl, freeing up NCA&T for the playoffs at 8-3. No?

FAMU has a postseason ban, so A&T clinched the celebration bowl, which is why SC State is in the discussion at 8-3 (tied for second in the MEAC with a win against Wofford).

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 06:04 PM
UNHs win over Villanova is probably the second best win of teams on the bubble (aside from ND, who should be a lock but for some reason isn’t). UNH finishing third in a power conference may have some value, Holy Cross winning the patriot helps too.

For me, though, last two in are SELA and SIU and first two out are UNH and Eastern Washington. If the committee wants four from the CAA, that’s UNHs angle.

If we are going to use the argument of Furman at 9, should two ranked road losses drop UNH from 10 to out?
SELA’s 34-0 shutout of UCA is definitely better than New Hampshire’s win against Villanova.

HensRock
November 23rd, 2019, 06:07 PM
FAMU has a postseason ban, so A&T clinched the celebration bowl, which is why SC State is in the discussion at 8-3 (tied for second in the MEAC with a win against Wofford).

Thanks.

gofurman
November 23rd, 2019, 06:09 PM
Scott Keeler makes a good argument. http://www.furmansportsreport.com/2019/11/paladins-enjoy-record-day-in-rout-of.html?spref=tw

Furman was ranked #9 in the FCS committee's first rankings release. They lost to a Wofford team on the road that may well be a seed tomorrow. Certainly you don't go from #9 to out of the field by losing to another seeded team.

that’s a good point. Not being biased. I would truly say that for ANY team. No matter what I think if FCS Committee picks a team to list in the top ten.. then they lose to a possible seed on road that’s not worth dropping more than 5-7 spots which is exactly what happened. And that team (again whomever it is) would remain in playoff fur sure. Barring any other loss. I hadn’t thought of it that way. Because that top ten listing which came from the actual FCS Committee included all games except loss to the seed on road and today’s easy game

can argue it but that was the listing from the committee which trumps our thoughts (many times that is unfortunate)

lionsrking2
November 23rd, 2019, 06:11 PM
SELA’s 34-0 shutout of UCA is definitely better than New Hampshire’s win against Villanova.

True dat

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 06:11 PM
Is it? UCA hasn’t had a win of significance since week 2 and got pounded by the two other playoff contenders in conference.

I think Villanova and UCA are probably the two most overrated teams in fcs, but a top 3 team in the CAA is a better resume booster than a top 3 team in the SLC if we focus on clnfeeence rankings even though I don’t think there’s a difference between the two. That said, I don’t quibble with you because I think SELA has a better resume myself.

R.A.
November 23rd, 2019, 06:15 PM
what was Norfolk’s record?
5-7, 4-4 MEAC

It was an ugly win for SC State, but it was a win. 2019 MEAC Co-Champ, SC State Bulldogs are at 7 FCS Win, with no bad losses, and a great win over SoCon Champ Wofford.

SC State's win over Bethune Cookman looks a lot better now that B-CU is a 7 win FCS team.

*Hypothetically, If B-CU didn't fall asleep versus Delaware State (L 13-16), and played and defeated #22 Southeasten Louisiana (Game Cancelled Due to Weather), B-CU would be a 9-3 ball club with 9 FCS wins; and they still wouldn't have finished higher than 3rd in the MEAC win their losses to Miami (FBS), A&T, and SC State; all Hypothetically of course.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 06:15 PM
I think a lot of people talk about UC Davis brutal schedule but have you considered UNH? They played FIU, Holy Cross (playoffs) and Duquesne (7-4) non conference along with @JMU, Nova, @Albany, Maine (6-6), Elon (6-6) in conference. That’s four playoff teams.

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 06:17 PM
I see Marty has joined the discussion here on AGS

HensRock
November 23rd, 2019, 06:19 PM
UNHs win over Villanova is probably the second best win of teams on the bubble

That's assuming you consider 6-5 UNH to be "on the bubble", which I do not.
Is 8-3 Davidson on the bubble?
8-3 Dayton?
7-4 Bethune-Cookman?

caribbeanhen
November 23rd, 2019, 06:22 PM
I think a lot of people talk about UC Davis brutal schedule but have you considered UNH? They played FIU, Holy Cross (playoffs) and Duquesne (7-4) non conference along with @JMU, Nova, @Albany, Maine (6-6), Elon (6-6) in conference. That’s four playoff teams.

lost to Delaware so UNH is disqualified

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 06:26 PM
You're really stretching with that UC Davis comparison. Their schedule is much more difficult than UNH's is. The talk of them getting in based on their schedule strength was also centered around them beating Montana St and Sac St to close out the season to get to 7-5. UNH's SOS is ranked 25th in the FCS according to Massey. Strong but not strong enough to justify an at-large bid with 5 losses IMO.

taper
November 23rd, 2019, 06:34 PM
Crazy thought but not without precedence, if UC Davis beats Sac State(who was looking to be a seed), would the committee consider them? Yes, UC Davis would be 6-6 which at first glance should be solidly out, but those losses are an FBS, 4 seeded teams, and a bubble team. In 2015 WIU won their way in with only 6 wins by beating a potential seed the last week. Historically the committee has valued recent wins more than early season, and with this being the last game of the night and closely watched as it affects seeding, UCD has a chance to make a big impression.
I don't think I would pick them if I were on the committee, but it's not impossible.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 06:35 PM
Do they have any wins of note? If so, sure!

POD Knows
November 23rd, 2019, 06:38 PM
Anybody thinking about EWU sneaking in the playoffs, decent conference record and an FBS lose to a pretty good team. They will be 6-2 in the BSC and 7-5 with an FBS loss

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2019, 06:43 PM
WHO HAS UC DAVIS BEAT? It's that simple if we're gonna compare the two. Of course their schedule is harder, but how they handle that matters.

Hensrock, the sad sad times have come if you are trying to compare those teams to a CAA team. Rhody would roadhouse them all and you know it but don't want to admit simply because it's UNH.

- - - Updated - - -

Massey, yes. NCAA SOS #13.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 06:44 PM
Anybody thinking about EWU sneaking in the playoffs, decent conference record and an FBS lose to a pretty good team. They will be 6-2 in the BSC and 7-5 with an FBS loss

I have them on the cusp.

taper
November 23rd, 2019, 06:47 PM
WHO HAS UC DAVIS BEAT? It's that simple if we're gonna compare the two. Of course their schedule is harder, but how they handle that matters.

Hensrock, the sad sad times have come if you are trying to compare those teams to a CAA team. Rhody would roadhouse them all and you know it but don't want to admit simply because it's UNH.

- - - Updated - - -

Massey, yes. NCAA SOS #13.

Maybe Sac St, which is their only chance at consideration. My question is if one top notch win and a bunch of quality losses is enough. I don't know.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 06:47 PM
I see Marty has joined the discussion here on AGS

I put UNHs chances at 3% entering today and think they’re now 15-20% with the Towson stunner. Again my reasoning:

UNH ranked 10th two weeks ago. That’s above every other bubble team. They lost two road games against playoff teams and beat a red hot Maine team to close the season. They finish in third in the CAA, and three 6d1 win teams got in last year. I don’t think it’s great, but I also think there’s a decent chance the CAA gets a look at four bids.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 07:00 PM
Their loss to Idaho is awful and their loss to JSU has gotten worse and worse as the season has gone on. No good wins either. They missed Weber and Montana St on the conference schedule. I don't see it.

EDIT: I guess they have one good win over UND. I still don't think that enough to discount their bad losses enough to deserve a bid.

Tazman2664
November 23rd, 2019, 07:03 PM
Big Sky has 3 teams for sure with 3 losses and 4 if Sacramento State wins, all 4 teams are ranked. The Big South has Monmouth and Kennesaw State, both ranked. The CAA has JMU with 1 loss and Villanova with 3 losses, both of them are ranked. UND has 4 losses and would be the only independent to have a chance. Ivy league has no playoffs for them. MV has NDSU with no losses, and UNI, SDSU and ISU with 4 losses, all ranked. Northeast has Central Conn with 1 loss and that is it. Ohio Valley has Austin Peay and SE MS, both ranked. Patriot is horrible, all with 5 or more losses, no body ranked and Holy Cross the only one with a winning record. Pioneer has SD with 2 losses and Dayton with 3 and none ranked. Southern has Wofford with 3 losses and Furman with 4, both ranked. Southland has Central Arkansas with 3 losses and SE Louisiana and Nicolls with 4 losses and all 3 ranked. In the SW only has Alcorn with 3 losses and no one is ranked.

With 24 teams getting invited to the dance someone ranked in the top 25 doesn’t get invited. So basically, I would take 4 from the Big Sky (Sac State, Weber St, Mont St and Montana; 2 from Big South (Monmouth and Kennesaw State); 2 from CAA (JMU and Villanova); 0 from Ivy (no playoffs for them); 2 from Mid-Eastern (Florida A&M and NC A&T in with SC State out); 4 from MV (NDSU, UNI, SDSU and ISU); 1 from NE (Central Conn); 2 from Ohio Valley (Austin Peay, SE MS); 1 from the Patriot (have to take the league champ, Holy Cross); 1 from Pioneer (have to take the league champ, SD in with Dayton out); 2 from Southern (Wofford and Furman); 2 from Southland (Central Arkansas in with SE Louisiana or Nicholls and the other out, because of the conference champs); 1 from SW (have to take the league champ, Alcorn).

They take 10 conference champs automatically (no Ivy league or Mid-Eastern champs). The Mid-Eastern has 2 teams people think highly about so they will probably get those invites. But this is just a look now, not all the records are updated so things might change.

taper
November 23rd, 2019, 07:05 PM
Their loss to Idaho is awful and their loss to JSU has gotten worse and worse as the season has gone on. No good wins either. They missed Weber and Montana St on the conference schedule. I don't see it.

Drop the FBS loss and they have the same record as UND, but owning the head to head and being higher in the Big Sky rankings if UND counted. Of course UND has a much better win over Montana St. All depends on what criteria the committee values more.

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 07:09 PM
Drop the FBS loss and they have the same record as UND, but owning the head to head and being higher in the Big Sky rankings if UND counted. Of course UND has a much better win over Montana St. All depends on what criteria the committee values more.
EWU also has a sub-D1 win which will do them no favors.

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2019, 07:16 PM
Why so high on Kennesaw State? It boggles my mind we have come so far as to even consider a Big South team that didn't win the AQ and played two non DI games even in the discussion at this point.

Dane96
November 23rd, 2019, 07:16 PM

really? Come on. Go compare Nova vs Albany’s schedule and wins. This is the biggest joke post of the year considering the fact that I expect better from an East Coaster who should know the SOS of teams this year.

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2019, 07:19 PM
UAlbany is a LOCK. They finished better than Nova and played 1,000 times harder schedule than so called bubble teams. Just stop doubting the Danes.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 07:20 PM
UAlbany is a LOCK. They finished better than Nova and played 1,000 times harder schedule than so called bubble teams. Just stop doubting the Danes.

I agree. Albany is 100% in. I think they'll host Holy Cross. The Danes can advance.

HensRock
November 23rd, 2019, 07:21 PM
Dane,
If you read further, you'll see that I recanted that statement. I do think Albany will get in. But this UNH talk...?

mvfcfan
November 23rd, 2019, 07:25 PM
I think SELA, SIU, UND, and SCSU are the bubble teams with 2 of them making it. If I had to choose I would pick UND and SELA in that order.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 07:26 PM
Here’s what I struggle with. Furman was 9, UNH 10 three weeks ago. Furman goes 1-1 with a non counter and loses on the road badly to Wofford. They’re considered a lock. UNH goes 1-2 with two road losses to ranked teams and they’re not even under consideration? That’s preposterous.

taper
November 23rd, 2019, 07:27 PM
UC Davis lost, so forget everything said earlier. They're out.

santosballnewhampshire
November 23rd, 2019, 07:36 PM
THIS--->>>>>>> Here’s what I struggle with. Furman was 9, UNH 10 three weeks ago. Furman goes 1-1 with a non counter and loses on the road badly to Wofford. They’re considered a lock. UNH goes 1-2 with two road losses to ranked teams and they’re not even under consideration? That’s preposterous."

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Who has Furman beat? Who has KSU beat? Who has SC State beat outside of Wofford? What's the best win Wofford has in 2019?

Holy hell what is going on anymore.

mvfcfan
November 23rd, 2019, 07:39 PM
My Field (not ranked):

WEB ST
SAC ST
MT ST
MT

MONM
KENN

JMU
ALB
NOVA

NDSU
SDSU
UNI
ILST

CCSU

APSU
SEMO

HC

SAN DIEGO

WOFF
FURM

NICHOLLS
C ARK
SELA

N DAKOTA

UNHWildcat18
November 23rd, 2019, 07:40 PM
UNH is 6-5. End of discussion.
Uncle Marty not on the committee anymore. (If he was, they'd be a lock)

tell that to ISUr (6-5)a few years ago.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 07:42 PM
THIS--->>>>>>> Here’s what I struggle with. Furman was 9, UNH 10 three weeks ago. Furman goes 1-1 with a non counter and loses on the road badly to Wofford. They’re considered a lock. UNH goes 1-2 with two road losses to ranked teams and they’re not even under consideration? That’s preposterous."

Who has Furman beat? Who has KSU beat? Who has SC State beat outside of Wofford? What's the best win Wofford has in 2019?

Almost no one thought UNH was 10. The only ones who thought that were the committee (we are told there is no conspiracy by the committee to inflate someone's schedule). IIRC, the highest "poll" that had them was at 9 and then the next one was at 13. So out of 25+ polls, only one and the committee saw that. TBF, I had them at 14 when the AGS consensus was 20. I'm not saying Furman, KSU, etc... should be in, but if you honestly want to use that 10, please put an asterisk next to it since that was an abomination at the time and it held true, to be an abomination.

reeder
November 23rd, 2019, 07:46 PM
Here’s what I struggle with. Furman was 9, UNH 10 three weeks ago. Furman goes 1-1 with a non counter and loses on the road badly to Wofford. They’re considered a lock. UNH goes 1-2 with two road losses to ranked teams and they’re not even under consideration? That’s preposterous.

There will be a lot of 7 and 8 win bubble teams but a 6 win UNH team will definitely get consideration because... New Hampshire. This isn’t a criticism, they just historically get a lot of love from the selection committee.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 07:47 PM
Almost no one thought UNH was 10. The only ones who thought that were the committee (we are told there is no conspiracy by the committee to inflate someone's schedule). IIRC, the highest "poll" that had them was at 9 and then the next one was at 13. So out of 25+ polls, only one and the committee saw that. TBF, I had them at 14 when the AGS consensus was 20. I'm not saying Furman, KSU, etc... should be in, but if you honestly want to use that 10, please put an asterisk next to it since that was an abomination at the time and it held true, to be an abomination.

Wait so the only people that matter in selecting UNH had them the highest? That’s a slam dunk argument right there!

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2019, 07:51 PM

UNH has 5 losses. In some years, that could be good enough. This year, I think the bubble is just too big for them to knock off a team like Furman which went 7-2 in FCS play in favor of a team that went 6-4 in FCS play.

The chair of the committee went on the record in an interview stating that close FBS games were counted favorably. Furman played two bowl-bound FBS teams to near draws, including a team that may well play for the ACC title with a win next week. A lot of FCS observers "throw out" FBS games, but its clear the committee does not.

I mean, if we are going to give SIU a pass as a "playoff team" for losing close to North Dakota State, why not do the same to Furman which lost by 7 at Virginia Tech?

And, look, I get the argument about "key wins." Last season Furman had a top 10 win and a SoCon title and it didn't help us get into the post season. Too many losses. Admittedly, the committee has a weird soft spot for UNH, so who knows.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 07:56 PM
UNH has 5 losses. In some years, that could be good enough. This year, I think the bubble is just too big for them to knock off a team like Furman which went 7-2 in FCS play in favor of a team that went 6-4 in FCS play.

The chair of the committee went on the record in an interview stating that close FBS games were counted favorably. Furman played two bowl-bound FBS teams to near draws, including a team that may well play for the ACC title with a win next week. A lot of FCS observers "throw out" FBS games, but its clear the committee does not.

I mean, if we are going to give SIU a pass as a "playoff team" for losing close to North Dakota State, why not do the same to Furman which lost by 7 at Virginia Tech?

Furman's schedule and quality of wins is garbage, but it was before they lost to Wofford, as well, and they were ranked 9th then; finishing 1-1 + non counter isn't going to knock them from 9 to 24, and I think everyone has accepted that. I think what I don't understand is why UNH, a team that beat Maine, a far better team than VMI, and lost to two ranked opponents would fall from 10 to literally not even on the board. Are you telling me if we had played JMU and instead of Albany played a D2 team that we'd be better off? That just doesn't make any sense.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 07:57 PM

And, look, I get the argument about "key wins." Last season Furman had a top 10 win and a SoCon title and it didn't help us get into the post season. Too many losses. Admittedly, the committee has a weird soft spot for UNH, so who knows.

As an aside, I don't think Furman deserved the ranking they got but frankly, they are owed some retribution. Furman getting woofed in favor of two SLC teams last year was an abomination IMO. I looked that up a week ago and was stunned.

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2019, 07:59 PM
Furman's schedule and quality of wins is garbage, but it was before they lost to Wofford, as well, and they were ranked 9th then; finishing 1-1 + non counter isn't going to knock them from 9 to 24, and I think everyone has accepted that. I think what I don't understand is why UNH, a team that beat Maine, a far better team than VMI, and lost to two ranked opponents would fall from 10 to literally not even on the board. Are you telling me if we had played JMU and instead of Albany played a D2 team that we'd be better off? That just doesn't make any sense.

I don't pretend to know the answer, though UNH's inclusion in the top 10 a few weeks ago surprised just about everyone.

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:14 PM
Wait so the only people that matter in selecting UNH had them the highest? That’s a slam dunk argument right there!

And then they finished 6-5. xcoffeex But there is no conspiracy on the committee.

taper
November 23rd, 2019, 08:24 PM
All the relevant games are complete. I bet the committee wraps up several hours before this thread keeps arguing about who gets in.

ejjones
November 23rd, 2019, 08:42 PM
This is getting good...Committee got some work to do... What's ND resume? Best win? worst lost?

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 08:46 PM
This is getting good...Committee got some work to do... What's ND resume? Best win? worst lost?

Montana St = W
Idaho St = L

Professor Chaos
November 23rd, 2019, 08:54 PM
Well last year JMU went from #2 to out of the seeds between the midseason committee rankings release and Selection Sunday for winning twice and losing to UNH.

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 08:59 PM
I think all SLU, Albany, Furman, and UND should all be in. That last spot comes down to SIU, Kennesaw, or South Carolina St. Take your pick. I'd pick SIU but there's a good argument for any of those 3.

What’s the difference between this version of KSU and the Lehigh team that missed a few years back?

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2019, 09:01 PM
Well last year JMU went from #2 to out of the seeds between the midseason committee rankings release and Selection Sunday for winning twice and losing to UNH.

They got routed by a UNH team that was 4-7 that year. That was an awful loss. UNH lost to #2 and #22, beat 6-6 Maine and go from 10 to what, 30? JMU could’ve gone from 2 to 9 for all we know!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2019, 09:01 PM
What’s the difference between this version of KSU and the Lehigh team that missed a few years back?

The playoff field is 24 instead of 20.

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 09:25 PM
How many spots would we say are locked up right now? 19?

TheKingpin28
November 23rd, 2019, 09:32 PM
How many spots would we say are locked up right now? 19?

IMO, 10 AQs plus, locks:

Big Sky: Sac St, Montana, Montana St
CAA: Villanova, Albany
MVFC: UNI, ISUr, SDSU
OVC: SEMO
Southland: UCA
20 teams that are a lock

Should be in:

Indy: UND
MVFC: SIU
Southland: SELA
23 teams that should be in

Bubble:
Big South: KSU
MEAC: SCSU
SoCon: Furman

I think Furman, SCSU, UT-Martin, and UNH are the First 4 Out. I believe Furman should be in over KSU, but I am probably wrong.

ejjones
November 23rd, 2019, 09:32 PM
Who got Albany as a lock...I'm not so sure about them. No signature win.
8-4 Overall with only two wins against teams with winning records.

7-5 Towson & 6-5 UNH

Worst L (5-7 Richmond)

ejjones
November 23rd, 2019, 09:35 PM
IMO, 10 AQs plus, locks:

Big Sky: Sac St, Montana, Montana St
CAA: Villanova, Albany
MVFC: UNI, ISUr, SDSU
OVC: SEMO
Southland: UCA
20 teams that are a lock

Should be in:

Indy: UND
MVFC: SIU
Southland: SELA
23 teams that should be in

Bubble:
Big South: KSU
MEAC: SCSU
SoCon: Furman

I think Furman, SCSU, UT-Martin, and UNH are the First 4 Out. I believe Furman should be in over KSU, but I am probably wrong.
Middle country bias aye?

kalm
November 23rd, 2019, 10:14 PM

EDIT: I guess they have one good win over UND. I still don't think that enough to discount their bad losses enough to deserve a bid.

Idaho finished ahead of ISU in the Big Sky, so that's a worse loss. UND has a quality loss against Weber State. EWU wins the head to head. It should be a toss up but I think UND's wins against Sam and Davis might tip it in favor of the Hawks.

But if UNH is in the discussion, it's laughable that EWU is not. I could make a similar case for SIU who has one win against a team with a winning record (UTM who is not as good a win as EWU's over UND) but that win against the 339th team in Massey, UMASS, who is rated behind every Big Sky team and a quarter of DII will probably tip it in their favor too.

And KSU...............it's not their fault that teams backed out of games...blah, blah, blah. Well it's not EWU's fault we can't get a KSU to come to Cheney and play or anyone else for that matter. We had to play a one-off @ Fuman in 2017 just to fill a schedule for goodness sake. But I digress.........

I'm resolved to the fact EWU is out (only have ourselves to blame) but I retain the right to be bitter about it out based on guidelines and logic. :D

katss07
November 23rd, 2019, 10:35 PM

7-5 Towson & 6-5 UNH

Worst L (5-7 Richmond)
Agreed. Albany shouldn’t feel all that comfortable.

ming01
November 23rd, 2019, 10:54 PM
How much will commitee value 12 games vs 11? Especially where all 12 are D1. Could help Towson and SIU.

kalm
November 23rd, 2019, 11:11 PM
How much will commitee value 12 games vs 11? Especially where all 12 are D1. Could help Towson and SIU.

Indeed...and not to beat a dead horse, but EWU has a better SoS and equal to if not better quality win than both.

WrenFGun
November 24th, 2019, 03:08 AM
Indeed...and not to beat a dead horse, but EWU has a better SoS and equal to if not better quality win than both.

EWU as I said seems like a valid candidate. I'm not sure the wins are great BUT computers love em. Better candidate than KSU and SCST Imo.

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 04:58 AM

SC State (8-3, 6-2 MEAC) beat Bethune- Cookman (7-4, 5-3 MEAC) by the score of 27-19.

Why is that relevant?

Bethune just knocked off #12 ranked Florida A&M on national television in the Florida Classic, 31-27.

It's also relevant because Southeastern Louisiana advocates are pointing to their cancelled home game versus Bethune Cookman, as the reason they don't have eight FCS wins and a more competitive schedule, but who's to say that would have been a win for the Lions? AND, if Southeastern Louisiana is pointing to the Bethune game cancellation as a lost opportunity to gain more credibility; then it only strengthens SC State's argument for the playoffs, since SC State actually played Bethune- Cookman, on the road, during Bethune's Homecoming Game, and still left Daytona Beach with a victory.

So, that's who else SC State beat besides Wofford.
-------------------------------------------------------
As for New Hampshire, you all played a highly competitive schedule. That win over Villanova is huge for New Hampshire. But not winning 7 FCS games, hurts The Wildcats. I actually think this year is a case where it's being demonstrated how important it is for FCS Schools to play other non-traditional out-of-conference FCS Schools in the regular season; because when it comes to this time of the year, we will be competing against each other anyway for a spot in the post-season.

I look at Bethune- Cookman and Southeastern Louisiana, their game was cancelled by the schools due to weather. The following week, BOTH Schools played FBS games that neither one of them were going to win.

So, as opposed to taking a full week to prepare for an opponent that neither team was going to beat, why not reschedule their game with each other for Sunday September 8th or Monday September 9th, play that necessary game; then take their Ls versus Miami and Ole Miss by playing everyone on their teams, working on specific things during those games not necessarily with the intent to beat the FBS team, but rather to improve and work on deficiencies?

What matters more? Having only 6 or 5 days to prepare for an FBS money game you're more than likely going lose? Or figuring out a way toplay that out of conference competitive FCS opponent the result of which could determine whether you have a post season game or not?

-If I'm Bethune Cookman or Southeasten Louisiana, I've got to play that game no matter what.

-If I'm New Hampshire and I'm already a traditional FCS Football power at a wealthy school, what do I even need to play Florida International (FBS) for? Why don't I seek out as many competitive FCS Out-Of -Conference games as possible?

So now here are teams at the end of the season on the bubble, upset that a MEAC School like SC State, did what they had to do during the regular season, to secure an FCS Playoff bid.

Did SC State get 7 FCS wins? Yes.
Is SC State a Conference Champion? Yes.
Did SC State schedule competitively outside of the conference? Yes.
Did SC State win their competitive game outside of the conference? Yes.
Does SC State have any bad loses in or out of conference? No.

Is SC State qualified to be in the FCS Playoffs? Yes.
Is SC State more qualified then some of the other Bubble teams competing for the Playoffs? Yes.

In my opinion, SC State's going to the Playoffs.
--------------------------------------------------
And if you don't like the fact that an HBCU is getting into the FCS Playoffs as an At- Large Bid over your beloved team, then get your AD to call up some of these competitive HBCUs and schedule regular season games versus them. But, don't be surprised if you find out that wins versus them are actually harder to come by than the perception may dictate.

(And I say them, not us, because my Howard Bison aren't as competitive as we were just two seasons ago).

LionNation1989
November 24th, 2019, 05:47 AM
SC State (8-3, 6-2 MEAC) beat Bethune- Cookman (7-4, 5-3 MEAC) by the score of 27-19.

Why is that relevant?

Bethune just knocked off #12 ranked Florida A&M on national television in the Florida Classic, 31-27.

It's also relevant because Southeastern Louisiana advocates are pointing to their cancelled home game versus Bethune Cookman, as the reason they don't have eight FCS wins and a more competitive schedule, but who's to say that would have been a win for the Lions? AND, if Southeastern Louisiana is pointing to the Bethune game cancellation as a lost opportunity to gain more credibility; then it only strengthens SC State's argument for the playoffs, since SC State actually played Bethune- Cookman, on the road, during Bethune's Homecoming Game, and still left Daytona Beach with a victory.

As for New Hampshire, you all played a highly competitive schedule. That win over Villanova is huge for New Hampshire. But not winning 7 FCS games, hurts The Wildcats. I actually think this year is a case where it's being demonstrated how important it is for FCS Schools to play other non-traditional out-of-conference FCS Schools in the regular season; because when it comes to this time of the year, we will be competing against each other anyway for a spot in the post-season.

I look at Bethune- Cookman and Southeastern Louisiana, their game was cancelled by the schools due to weather. The following week, BOTH Schools played FBS games that neither one of them were going to win.

So, as opposed to taking a full week to prepare for an opponent that neither team was going to beat, why not reschedule their game with each other for Sunday September 8th or Monday September 9th, play that necessary game; then take their Ls versus Miami and Ole Miss by playing everyone on their teams, working on specific things during those games not necessarily with the intent to beat the FBS team, but rather to improve and work on deficiencies?

What matters more? Having only 6 or 5 days to prepare for an FBS money game you're more than likely going lose? Or figuring out a way toplay that out of conference competitive FCS opponent the result of which could determine whether you have a post season game or not?

-If I'm Bethune Cookman or Southeasten Louisiana, I've got to play that game no matter what.

-If I'm New Hampshire and I'm already a traditional FCS Football power at a wealthy school, what do I even need to play Florida International (FBS) for? Why don't I seek out as many competitive FCS Out-Of -Conference games as possible?

So now here are teams at the end of the season on the bubble, upset that a MEAC School like SC State, did what they had to do during the regular season, to secure an FCS Playoff bid.

Is SC State more qualified then some of the other Bubble teams competing for the Playoffs? Yes.

And if you don't like the fact that an HBCU is getting into the FCS Playoffs as an At- Large Bid over your beloved team, then get your AD to call up some of these competitive HBCUs and schedule regular season games versus them. But, don't be surprised if you find out that wins versus them are actually harder to come by than the perception may dictate.

(And I say them, not us, because my Howard Bison aren't as competitive as we were just two seasons ago).
SELA tried its best to get Bethune Cookman to play us. Offered to pay their travel expenses and move the game to Louisiana. Tried to make it up. Bethune wanted nothing to do with it. They saw what SELA did to (then ranked #6) JSU and used the hurricane as an excuse to not play us. It was the only game canceled in the entire country that weekend. They cancelled on Monday. The hurricane was gone by Thursday. Had 0 effect on their campus. They canceled way too early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 06:13 AM
It's the same argument I used to make on the MEACFans page; you play in the FCS. Schedule as many FCS games as you can (1. Unless you're broke and need the FBS money or 2. know for certain that your program is going to win your FBS game). Make sure your schedule has multiple routes to get to seven or eight FCS wins at least, and schedule competitive out of conference FCS games. Leave the DIIs, FBS, and definitely NAIA Schools alone if you can.

No one's forcing your schools to have a bye week.
I actually like Bethune- Cookman's 2019 schedule. 12 games, all DI games, 11 FCS games. James Madision, same thing. If those schools stumbled in the conference, they still have a way out of conference to get the wins they need.

LIONFAN07
November 24th, 2019, 06:43 AM
This is all true. A call was placed Monday. and BCU said there is nothing we can do we have to cancel. SLU even offered to travel to Atlanta where BCU was staying after opening game. SLU wanted to see if other schools in area from Florida South Carolina North Carolina and Georgia cancelled and try and ask if one of those teams that had to cancel wanted to play. No one else ended up cancelling.

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 06:58 AM
SELA tried its best to get Bethune Cookman to play us. Offered to pay their travel expenses and move the game to Louisiana. Tried to make it up. Bethune wanted nothing to do with it. They saw what SELA did to (then ranked #6) JSU and used the hurricane as an excuse to not play us. It was the only game canceled in the entire country that weekend. They cancelled on Monday. The hurricane was gone by Thursday. Had 0 effect on their campus. They canceled way too early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELA offered to move the game from Bethune Cookman? Why? The game was schedule at Bethune Cookman. Why not just wait until Sunday, Monday, or even Tuesday and play the game as originally intended at Bethune Cookman?

I'd like to hear Bethune's side of the story. Because something about this doesn't seem right.

Maybe, what actually happen was SOUTHERN LOUISIANA LOST AT HOME TO BETHUNE COOKMAN IN 2017 BY THE SCORE OF 28-23, AND SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA DECIDED NOT TO RETURN THE TRIP FOR THE HOME AND HOME IN 2019, AND FIGURED OUT A WAY TO NOT SET FOOT ON AN HBCU CAMPUS FOR ANOTHER LOSS TO BETHUNE... which FCS Schools have a documented history of doing. The biggest glaring example of this currently is Delaware's "rivalry" with Delaware State.

LionNation1989, I don't believe you.xpeacex

And why are you all ranked so high anyway? You lost to Bethune in 2017, had a mediocre season in 2018, THEN in 2019 get ranked #21 after defeating #6 Jacksonville State?

SC State beat #9 Wofford, and STILL ISN'T RANKED. And North Carolina A&T BEAT Jacksonville State in 2018 and Jacksonville State STILL finished higher in the polls than NC A&T. As a matter of fact, the week after A&T beat Jacksonville State in 2018, the STATS POLL STILL HAD Jacksonville State ranked ahead of NC A&T; JSU #13 and A&T #14... it's the same mess SC State's going through this season in the polls, but even worse this time.

Lion, you Ly'n!!!
-------------------------------------------
I believe Southeastern Louisiana, beat Jacksonville State in 2019, got ranked, then used the weather as an excuse to not play Bethune at Bethune, in order for the Lions to preserve their ranking in the polls, in order to potentially still be ranked at the end of the season (which for some reason you are), and possibly get a playoff bid.

Lion, the team you support are conniving cowards. You ran from playing at Bethune- Cookman. You don't deserve a playoff berth.

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 07:03 AM
This is all true. A call was placed Monday. and BCU said there is nothing we can do we have to cancel. SLU even offered to travel to Atlanta where BCU was staying after opening game. SLU wanted to see if other schools in area from Florida South Carolina North Carolina and Georgia cancelled and try and ask if one of those teams that had to cancel wanted to play. No one else ended up cancelling.

I don't believe you all.

Why offer to play the game in Atlanta?? THE GAME WAS SCHEDULED FOR DAYTONA BEACH AT BETHUNE-COOKMAN. Why not just wait a day or two while Bethune cleans up, then play the game AT BETHUNE COOKMAN??

I believe you all schemed to take Bethune's home game away from them.

Bethune beat Southeastern Louisiana in Louisiana in 2017.
I think Southeastern Louisiana used the excuse of weather, not to return the trip to play at Bethune in 2019.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Delaware at Delaware State is already scheduled....

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 07:13 AM
Delaware at Delaware State is already scheduled....
After nine straight home games for Delaware to start the series?? ChickenChit.

LIONFAN07
November 24th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Playing Monday or Sunday were offered as well. Neither were taken. We were looking forward to the trip for sure. We lost a lot of money on the plane flight that had to be cancelled so this whole not wanting to play just isn’t correct. No guarantee we beat the Cook but not wanting to play certainly didn’t happen.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2019, 07:17 AM

Why is that relevant?

Sir, this is a Wendys

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2019, 07:33 AM
After nine straight home games for Delaware to start the series?? ChickenChit.

......WAS MO' UH ATTENDENCE THING.......WE'RE LIKE 35/40 MILES APART.......IFIN' YA CAN DRIVE TA NEW-ARK........YOUSE CAN SURELY DRIVE TA DOVER.......AN' IFIN' YA CAN DRIVE TA DOVER......YA'S CAN DRIVE TA NEW-ARK.....WHEN DEAL WAS AGREED.......YOU-DEE WAS PACKIN' DUH TUB............AS WE DRIFT INTA OBLIVION.........WE'VE CUT SEATS AN' STILL CAIN'T PUT UP DUH #'s............CARRIB IS RIGHT.....WE WILL PLAY IN DOVER..........BUT REMEMBERAH........ALL DUH HOMERS........WERE OKAYED......BAH STATE............STATE....BARELAH SQUEEZED....UH COUPLE K.....FO' AN ALUMNI GAME....FEW YEARS AGO.........BRAWK!

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 08:11 AM
.......BUT REMEMBERAH........ALL DUH HOMERS........WERE OKAYED......BAH STATE............STATE....

So you took advantage of Del State's desire to play their instate rival... as opposed to suggesting that improvements be made to Del State's stadium, in order to face Del State in a manner of mutual respect.

If Del State ever gets close to evening the series up, the Hens will probably do what SELA did to Bethune, cancel the series due to weather...

F'N Hawks
November 24th, 2019, 08:16 AM
EWU has 6 FCS wins in a 12 game season. It would take a real hail mary from Haslem today.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 08:19 AM
So you took advantage of Del State's desire to play their instate rival... as opposed to suggesting that improvements be made to Del State's stadium, in order to face Del State in a manner of mutual respect.

If Del State ever gets close to evening the series up, the Hens will probably do what SELA did to Bethune, cancel the series due to weather...

Best thing to do for football fans would be to cancel the fake Route 1 rivalry and play a real MEAC team, give me Florida A&M, South Carolina State or North Carolina A&T

Gangtackle11
November 24th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Best thing to do for football fans would be to cancel the fake Route 1 rivalry and play a real MEAC team, give me Florida A&M, South Carolina State or North Carolina A&T

Appears to be your new rival with them being your new final game. Congrats & good luck!! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 08:33 AM
Appears to be your new rival with them being your new final game. Congrats & good luck!! xpeacex

we seem to be headed "south" you leave Newark and head that way you will find Dover....

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 08:34 AM

Or play two MEACs, a strong MEAC and Del State.

Delaware never setting foot in Dover just seems unbalanced.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2019, 08:35 AM

.....WHAA WOOD AH CARE....'BOUT DAT DUMP?????????????????????.........MUTUAL RESPECT??????????......DEY GET RESPECT......AS HENS......OWN-LAH PLAY 'EM......TA NOT EMBARASS 'EM......IT'S UH CONTROLLED SKRIMMAGE......BETTERAH....GO INTA DA ANNULS UH STATE'S HISTORY.....AN' COUNT DUH DUBBYA'S......DEY HAVE IN LAST......HOW MANY YEARS.......AWQ!

katss07
November 24th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Well, I know one person who is going to be super annoying when South Carolina State gets left at home.

Not that I hope it happens. SC State is more qualified than Furman. Big win over Wofford, Co-Champs of the MEAC. They should be in. I just doubt the committee has them in the field.

BurialGround
November 24th, 2019, 08:55 AM
And KSU...............it's not their fault that teams backed out of games...blah, blah, blah. Well it's not EWU's fault we can't get a KSU to come to Cheney and play or anyone else for that matter. We had to play a one-off @ Fuman in 2017 just to fill a schedule for goodness sake. But I digress.........

People keep saying this on here like we didn't make a real effort to find another opponent when the others backed out. We played a one-off two seasons ago at Montana State in November. End of discussion. We had to have home games for the two that were cancelled/rescheduled because the season tickets had already been sold. Nobody else was willing/available to come. We're not running from teams like this board suggests.

This KSU team is a step back from the last two for sure. We're probably not a real playoff team. But the schedule wasn't supposed to look like this.

SCPALADIN
November 24th, 2019, 08:58 AM

Agreed.
I think KSU is the big wild card. The Coaches, media and selection committee seem to look at their body of work in a different light than most here on the AGS.

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 08:58 AM
.....WHAA WOOD AH CARE....'BOUT DAT DUMP?????????????????????.........MUTUAL RESPECT??????????......DEY GET RESPECT......AS HENS......OWN-LAH PLAY 'EM......TA NOT EMBARASS 'EM......IT'S UH CONTROLLED SKRIMMAGE......BETTERAH....GO INTA DA ANNULS UH STATE'S HISTORY.....AN' COUNT DUH DUBBYA'S......DEY HAVE IN LAST......HOW MANY YEARS.......AWQ!

Are you sure you really want to go into the State's History... you REALLY want to take it there? I'm sure history's not on your side in the argument of unfair unbalanced treatment in the State's history of treatment towards UD compared to DSU. I'm sure there's a root to the madness.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Are you sure you really want to go into the State's History... you REALLY want to take it there? I'm sure history's not on your side in the argument of unfair unbalanced treatment in the State's history of treatment towards UD compared to DSU. I'm sure there's a root to the madness.

....LIKE DUH HISTORY....UH STATE USIN' UH PLAYER WHO HAD NO ELIGIBILITY LEFT....OR GUN FIRE ON CAMPUS......AN' YA WONDER WHAA...YOU-DEE WOODN'T GIVE LEGITAMACY....TOO 'EM....AH'M JES' UH PECKERHEAD.......NOT IN ANY POLITICAL CIRCLE....JES' COMMENTIN'....ON DUH HOME GAMES LAD...........SO HAVE UH GOOD THKX-GIVIN'...............BRAWK!

kalm
November 24th, 2019, 09:29 AM
EWU has 6 FCS wins in a 12 game season. It would take a real hail mary from Haslem today.

I don’t see it happening either but the 7th win, Lindenwood is rated 100 spots higher in Massey than UND’s 7th win, Drake. The MSU win for UND is what gets them in. The committee likes quality wins. Ironically EWU’s highest quality win is against another bubble team who has a higher quality win.

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 09:34 AM
....LIKE DUH HISTORY....UH STATE USIN' UH PLAYER WHO HAD NO ELIGIBILITY LEFT....OR GUN FIRE ON CAMPUS..........AH'M JES' UH PECKERHEAD.......NOT IN ANY POLITICAL CIRCLE....JES' COMMENTIN'....ON DUH HOME GAMES LAD...........SO HAVE UH GOOD THKX-GIVIN'...............BRAWK!

Well it does cost money to pay employees to make sure the paperwork's right. I'm sure Delaware has a lot more money than Del State to pay a lot more employees to make sure their players are eligible. DSU is expected to do the same, with less... didn't we have a historic court case regarding this back in 1954??

As for campus crime, there are incidents of crime on every campus including UD's... BUT why even mention that MR. CHICKEN, unless you wanted to somehow justify why the State of Delaware has helped to maintain the inequity between the two schools? Demonize DSU, to justify negative treatment of DSU.
-----------------------

Mattymc727
November 24th, 2019, 09:38 AM
What’s more exciting? Your team getting in or the opportunity to rage against UNH if they get in?

What a day!

kalm
November 24th, 2019, 09:41 AM
People keep saying this on here like we didn't make a real effort to find another opponent when the others backed out. We played a one-off two seasons ago at Montana State in November. End of discussion. We had to have home games for the two that were cancelled/rescheduled because the season tickets had already been sold. Nobody else was willing/available to come. We're not running from teams like this board suggests.

This KSU team is a step back from the last two for sure. We're probably not a real playoff team. But the schedule wasn't supposed to look like this.

I’m not really suggesting KSU was afraid to play us and good point on the MSU game. I’m positive we reached out to KSU but MSU pays more and at that time was perceived as a more winnable game. There there is a small handful of schools in relative geographic isolation that have the gate to be able and fly an OOC opponent in without it being a home and home. Montana State is one of them. There’s no sympathy for those who can’t which is fine. My comparison is that there also should be no sympathy for the 102nd SoS either, even if teams backed out. We’re picking the 14 best at-larges. KSU doesn’t get a pass for it’s scheduling woes anymore than EWU should if we argued how we would have done with Villanova’s schedule.

KPSUL
November 24th, 2019, 09:43 AM

With the exception of only your team for two consecutive years back in 2011-12 the Southland Conference Champion has proven to be a clear cut below the top 4 or 5 teams in the CAA. Not only was UNH's win over Villanova more substantial than SELU beating historically one and done UCA, the wins over Maine and Elon were more impressive too.

POD Knows
November 24th, 2019, 09:43 AM

EDIT: I guess they have one good win over UND. I still don't think that enough to discount their bad losses enough to deserve a bid.Yea, I don't have them in my top 24 either but I can see an argument for it, maybe

kalm
November 24th, 2019, 09:46 AM
With the exception of only your team for two consecutive years back in 2011-12 the Southland Conference Champion has proven to be a clear cut below the top 4 or 5 teams in the CAA. Not only was UNH's win over Villanova more substantial than SELU beating historically one and done UCA, the wins over Maine and Elon were more impressive too.

UCA has better OOC wins than anyone in the CAA.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 09:47 AM
What’s more exciting? Your team getting in or the opportunity to rage against UNH if they get in?

What a day!

if UNH gets in the rage will be out rage us.....

kalm
November 24th, 2019, 09:54 AM
Yea, I don't have them in my top 24 either but I can see an argument for it, maybe

The argument to Chaos’s point would be that our two bad losses were by one score on the road and UND has a worse road loss to ISU getting blown out. SELA’s losses to 5-7 UIW and 7-5 are similar to EWU’s as are Albany’s to Richmond and Maine.

MacThor
November 24th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Sir, this is a Wendys
Bravo. My first literal LOL on these boards in a long time.

KPSUL
November 24th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Agreed.
I think KSU is the big wild card. The Coaches, media and selection committee seem to look at their body of work in a different light than most here on the AGS.

KSU will be in the playoff field.

StatueOfLibertyPlayAllDay
November 24th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Does UNH deserve to make the playoffs this season? Probably not. But does Towson deserve a spot over UNH? That's a tough argument to make. (And we're just not even going to entertain the argument that a team from the MEAC deserves an additional spot because LOL!!! 🧁🍰🎂🤣🤣🤣)

Towson's overall record at 7-5 really isn't any different than UNH's record at 6-5 (playing an extra game against a cakewalk team like Morgan State shouldn't really count for anything).

So if we move forward from the premise that Towson and UNH finished with the same* regular season record, we should take a look at their conference records. The final standings in the CAA ended with JMU at 8-0, Albany at 6-2, Villanova and UNH tied for 3rd at 5-3, and then Towson, Maine, Elon, and Richmond all tied for 5th at 4-4. Edge goes to UNH here.

Towson and UNH never played head-to-head in 2019, but we can look at their respective records against common opponents to try to establish a fair comparison of the teams:

Against Maine: Towson and UNH both win (push)
Against Villanova: Towson loses and UNH wins (edge UNH)
Against Albany: Towson and UNH both lose (push)
Against JMU: Towson and UNH both lose (push)
Against Delaware: Towson wins and UNH loses (edge Towson)
Against Stony Brook: Towson and UNH both win (push)
Against Elon: Towson loses and UNH wins (edge UNH)

The matchups here are really close, with UNH having one additional win, and it was against Villanova.

So UNH should get the bid over Towson, and somehow, even with a 6-5 record, get a playoff spot that otherwise would go to a really embarrassing one-and-out game by an MEAC school with a "better" record.

Queue everyone's outrage now. 🤣

MacThor
November 24th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Anyone not in the MEAC....

katss07
November 24th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Just saw a video from late last night with the committee chair. He claimed that there were 5 at large spots available with 12 teams being considered. That means UAlbany isn’t a lock...so we could see an 8-4 second place CAA team getting left out. I’d assume the 12 teams are
SELA, SIU, SCST, Albany, UTM, Towson, UND, FU, KSU, UNH, EKU, EWU

Dane96
November 24th, 2019, 10:45 AM

7-5 Towson & 6-5 UNH

Worst L (5-7 Richmond)

LOL. Albany’s SOS is 30. They have two road losses totaling 6 points in OT and on one of the final drives of the game in the other, on the basis of two missed chippy field goals and a PAT. The other loss was a stinker.

The FBS loss is to a team that could end up in the MAC championship game.

Have you actually delved into the games / statistics or just did a once over of schedules.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Just saw a video from late last night with the committee chair. He claimed that there were 5 at large spots available with 12 teams being considered. That means UAlbany isn’t a lock...so we could see an 8-4 second place CAA team getting left out. I’d assume the 12 teams are

Albany over Towson....

aceinthehole
November 24th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Albany is in.

Last 4 IN: Illinois St. (MVFC), Southeastern Louisiana (Southland), North Dakota (Indy), South Carolina St. (MEAC)

First 4 OUT: Kennesaw St. (Big South), Southern Illinois (MVFC), Towson (CAA), Eastern Washington (Big Sky)

ejjones
November 24th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Albany is in.

Last 4 IN: Southeastern Missouri St. (OVC), Southeastern Louisiana (Southland), North Dakota (Indy), South Carolina St. (MEAC)

First 4 OUT: Kennesaw St. (Big South), Southern Illinois (MVFC), Towson (CAA), Eastern Washington (Big Sky)
I approve this message.

ejjones
November 24th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Do you have link to vid?

Hammersmith
November 24th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Do you have link to vid?

It's on their twitter page:

https://twitter.com/NCAA_FCS

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 12:09 PM
The game is rigged.

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2019, 01:07 PM
At some point you have to win games....but SIU was one of the best teams NDSU played this year.....just throwing that out there.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 01:11 PM
At some point you have to win games....but SIU was one of the best teams NDSU played this year.....just throwing that out there.

who scored the most points on NDSU this year?

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2019, 01:11 PM

That's sort of the way I always look at it.

You have to win your games. If you don't, you put it in someone else's hands to decide, and they are always going to end up screwing someone.

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2019, 01:23 PM

Congrats on those 14 4th quarter points against the scout team. WIU was just behind you guys with 21 in a similar fashion. Go hang that up in the trophy case. :D

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Congrats on those 14 4th quarter points against the scout team. WIU was just behind you guys with 21 in a similar fashion. Go hang that up in the trophy case. :D

We will trust me....

semobison
November 24th, 2019, 01:28 PM

Who cried for weeks that NDSU ran the score up on them after our 5th string running back scored a late TD on a 20 run behind our 2nd string O-line!

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Who cried for weeks that NDSU ran the score up on them after our 5th string running back scored a late TD on a 20 run behind our 2nd string O-line!

a few Bison fans.... Delaware fans were totally fine with it.....

POD Knows
November 24th, 2019, 01:51 PM
Really, I almost got mugged leaving the stadium that day in Newark. The Hen trash talk was epic.

mvfcfan
November 24th, 2019, 02:05 PM
My Field (not ranked):

WEB ST
SAC ST
MT ST
MT

MONM
KENN

JMU
ALB
NOVA

NDSU
SDSU
UNI
ILST

CCSU

APSU
SEMO

HC

SAN DIEGO

WOFF
FURM

NICHOLLS
C ARK
SELA

N DAKOTA

It took me about 5 minutes to come up with this list before I went to bed. Perfect 24 out of 24! Happy to see the MEAC left out. They made their own bed as far as I am concerned. I wanted SIU to make it but they didn't have any quality wins this year. I am also surprised SDSU still got a seed.

R.A.
November 24th, 2019, 02:51 PM
It took me about 5 minutes to come up with this list before I went to bed. Perfect 24 out of 24! Happy to see the MEAC left out. They made their own bed as far as I am concerned. I wanted SIU to make it but they didn't have any quality wins this year. I am also surprised SDSU still got a seed.

xlolx

The tide is already turning. We'll be back even stronger next season.

TennBison
November 24th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Really, so you are saying that Bison fans were upset with the fact that their own team scored as many points as they did??? Sounds like you once again have no clue what you are talking about. The tirade from about 6-7 different groups of Delaware fans on our way back to our car at the Bison tailgate area was remarkable. One guy was upset that NDSU had the nerve to "disrespect a traditional powerhouse program with history". The funny part is, Delaware fans who bitched and got all upset, didn't get mad at the Bison football team for it, they took out their frustrations on the Bison fans by bitching at them.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Really, so you are saying that Bison fans were upset with the fact that their own team scored as many points as they did??? Sounds like you once again have no clue what you are talking about. The tirade from about 6-7 different groups of Delaware fans on our way back to our car at the Bison tailgate area was remarkable. One guy was upset that NDSU had the nerve to "disrespect a traditional powerhouse program with history". The funny part is, Delaware fans who bitched and got all upset, didn't get mad at the Bison football team for it, they took out their frustrations on the Bison fans by bitching at them.

Dude, get a grip on yourself.... making a joke.... haha.... How do you go through life so Butt hurt all the time? You whipped Delaware and few fans weren't happy about it,, big deal ..... welcome to a sporting event on the East coast

TennBison
November 24th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Dude, get a grip on yourself.... making a joke.... haha.... How do you go through life so Butt hurt all the time? You whipped Delaware and few fans weren't happy about it,, big deal ..... welcome to a sporting event on the East coast
I never got upset with it or what you said, joking or not. Just stating facts. For the most part, the vast majority of the Delaware fans were great, invited us into their tailgates and took care of us with hospitality. Just those handful or so at the end who went a little off the deep end about the fake FG and TD run.

Grizzlies82
November 24th, 2019, 06:38 PM
xlolx

Don't know if you'll get this joke, but have your guys go hit the weight room.

F'N Hawks
November 24th, 2019, 07:00 PM
Don't know if you'll get this joke, but have your guys go hit the weight room.

It works.

mvfcfan
November 24th, 2019, 07:39 PM
Seriously no one is crying that the SWAC doesn't ever get bids. Not sure why the MEAC should be any different.

TheKingpin28
November 24th, 2019, 07:46 PM
xlolx

Oh this is happening! xbowx

ejjones
November 24th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Seriously no one is crying that the SWAC doesn't ever get bids. Not sure why the MEAC should be any different.
SWAC season isn’t over. Bayou classic is always the Sat after Thanksgiving (Southern vs Grambling). There will be more people in New Orleans than prob at all FCS first round games combined.