PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions - Week 12

mvemjsunpx
November 13th, 2019, 09:17 PM
EWU 38-28 Cal Poly — The Mustangs are 8-23 the last 3 seasons

Montana St. 35-34 Davis — The Aggies have arguably played better on the road than they have at home

Sac 27-24 Idalol — Idaho's good at home, but they may be demoralized after losing the Stein again

NAU 41-45 Suutah — SUU has won 6 of the last 8 in this series, and NAU is 0-5 on the road this season

Weber 27-20 Montana — Weber's defense seems to really step it up against good offenses

NoCo 10-38 NoDak — Barring an epic choke, the Fighting Hawks will be in the playoffs

Idalol St. 3-52 BYU — The perfect time to play a body-bag game is after you've already phoned in your seasonxsmiley_wix

bonarae
November 13th, 2019, 10:08 PM
EWU
Montana State
Sac
SUU
Weber
North Dakota
BYU

JALMOND
November 14th, 2019, 12:50 AM
I'm currently at 74-16 with two weeks left to go, but still looking for a perfect weekend. Here's my attempt at perfection this week. No Portland State, maybe that will help.

EWU at CP---Has the Eagle defense finally arrived or was it just last week's opponent? Either way, it shouldn't matter against the Mustangs, even on the road. As for the Mustangs, a good showing is about all they are going to get...EWU 42, CP 35.

ISU at Brigham Young (FBS Independent)---The Bengals have not looked like the same team that started the season so good at home. That said, they never have looked good on the road all season and now they have to step up a level...Brigham Young 52, ISU 7.

MSU at UCD---Simply put, a Bobcat win on the road would keep the Aggies out of the playoffs whereas an Aggie win could possibly throw the conference into a great big mess this late in the season. Wouldn't that be fun?...UCD 28, MSU 25.

NAU at SUU---The Lumberjacks would like to take out some frustration on the Thunderbirds and get a strong road win. The Thunderbirds, however, are hoping for a good performance at home and try to steal a win to build for next year...NAU 38, SUU 14.

UNC at North Dakota---Do the Bears have enough here to dash the playoff hopes of the conference castaways? Going on the road into the Hawks' dome would make it tough, even if the Bears were really good...North Dakota 35, UNC 14.

SAC at UI---The Hornets better watch out for this trap game as they are trying to get their confidence back and finish strong, but the Vandals have played everyone tough at home and this should not be any different...SAC 35, UI 30.

WSU at UM---Good offense against solid defense for both teams. A win by the Wildcats could sew up the conference title for them, but winning in the Grizzlies den is always a tall order, even for the good teams late in the season...WSU 26, UM 24.

I Bleed Purple
November 14th, 2019, 01:20 AM
Too many picking Weber. Definitely a loss now.

mvemjsunpx
November 14th, 2019, 01:39 AM
Too many picking Weber. Definitely a loss now.

69% are picking Montana in the game thread. So there.

I Bleed Purple
November 14th, 2019, 01:45 AM

Nice.

mvemjsunpx
November 14th, 2019, 02:18 AM
Nice.

xlolx

https://twitter.com/stans_dad/status/960659102786637829

wapiti
November 14th, 2019, 09:06 AM
EWU 35 at 24 CP

ISU 10 at 58 Brigham Young

MSU 32 at 32 UCD

NAU 42 at 35 SUU

UNC 13 at 32 North Dakota

SAC 25 at 28 UI

WSU 24 at 27 UM

100%GRIZ
November 14th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Eagles
BYU
Aggies
Jacks
Fighting Sioux
Vandals
GRIZ

SactoHornetFan
November 14th, 2019, 10:53 AM
SAC
EWU
Zoobs
MSU
NAU
UND
WSU

Catbooster
November 14th, 2019, 10:54 AM
I've noticed that, and it's slightly odd to me. I haven't noticed anyone with UM ranked above WSU in their poll ballots, yet a significant majority think they'll win. Is it that the teams are very close - neutral field, play 10 games and WSU wins most but Wa-Griz is worth more points than most home venues? Momentum, emotions, etc? Trying to be unbiased in the poll but don't like to pick against your (general you, not you specifically) favorite team in an informal thread?

It's not that I don't think the grizzlies can win this game or it's flat-out crazy to pick that, I just would expect it to be closer to the polling/seeding etc. discussions.

JALMOND
November 14th, 2019, 11:10 AM
I've noticed that, and it's slightly odd to me. I haven't noticed anyone with UM ranked above WSU in their poll ballots, yet a significant majority think they'll win. Is it that the teams are very close - neutral field, play 10 games and WSU wins most but Wa-Griz is worth more points than most home venues? Momentum, emotions, etc? Trying to be unbiased in the poll but don't like to pick against your (general you, not you specifically) favorite team in an informal thread?

It's not that I don't think the grizzlies can win this game or it's flat-out crazy to pick that, I just would expect it to be closer to the polling/seeding etc. discussions.

After Portland State won in Missoula last year, I checked it and found out that the Grizzlies have won something like 85% of all their home conference games since Wash-Griz opened. To me, that is quite the home field advantage (even though I did pick Weber to win this week).

SactoHornetFan
November 14th, 2019, 11:14 AM
After Portland State won in Missoula last year, I checked it and found out that the Grizzlies have won something like 85% of all their home conference games since Wash-Griz opened. To me, that is quite the home field advantage (even though I did pick Weber to win this week).

Doesn't hurt the fact that when at full throat, Wa-Griz is louder than Autzen Stadium!

MSUBobcat
November 14th, 2019, 12:12 PM
UNC @ UND - Bears are just plain bad. Sioux cruise by 21.
ISU @ BYU - Are we predicting this one? BYU by too many.
WSU @ UM - This would be a pick for the Grills, if not for being at Wa-Griz. Going with a 2 point eked-out victory for the Griz.
NAU @ SUU - NAU has been atrocious on the road. SUU by 9.
Sac State @ UI - I know the Vandals play better at home, but Dunniway seems to have gotten settled in last week and the team show a lot of grit with their comeback. Sac's fairy tale continues with a 6 point victory.
EWU @ Cal Poly - likely just a pride game for the Eags, but Poly hasn't been able to finish games this year (their schedule did them no favors). EWU offense should power them to a W. Eagles by 13.
MSU @ Davis - Davis still has an outside shot at playoffs. MSU's running game should be just enough to out-duel Davis's passing attack (our secondary has played surprisingly well, IMO). Bobcats by 5.

putter
November 14th, 2019, 02:47 PM
UND
BYU
UM - only because at home. This will be an evenly matched slugfest
NAU
SAC
EWU
MSU

JALMOND
November 17th, 2019, 01:19 AM
I'm currently at 74-16 with two weeks left to go, but still looking for a perfect weekend. Here's my attempt at perfection this week. No Portland State, maybe that will help.

EWU at CP---Has the Eagle defense finally arrived or was it just last week's opponent? Either way, it shouldn't matter against the Mustangs, even on the road. As for the Mustangs, a good showing is about all they are going to get...EWU 42, CP 35.

ISU at Brigham Young (FBS Independent)---The Bengals have not looked like the same team that started the season so good at home. That said, they never have looked good on the road all season and now they have to step up a level...Brigham Young 52, ISU 7.

MSU at UCD---Simply put, a Bobcat win on the road would keep the Aggies out of the playoffs whereas an Aggie win could possibly throw the conference into a great big mess this late in the season. Wouldn't that be fun?...UCD 28, MSU 25.

NAU at SUU---The Lumberjacks would like to take out some frustration on the Thunderbirds and get a strong road win. The Thunderbirds, however, are hoping for a good performance at home and try to steal a win to build for next year...NAU 38, SUU 14.

UNC at North Dakota---Do the Bears have enough here to dash the playoff hopes of the conference castaways? Going on the road into the Hawks' dome would make it tough, even if the Bears were really good...North Dakota 35, UNC 14.

SAC at UI---The Hornets better watch out for this trap game as they are trying to get their confidence back and finish strong, but the Vandals have played everyone tough at home and this should not be any different...SAC 35, UI 30.

WSU at UM---Good offense against solid defense for both teams. A win by the Wildcats could sew up the conference title for them, but winning in the Grizzlies den is always a tall order, even for the good teams late in the season...WSU 26, UM 24.

Just 4-3 this week, moves me to 78-19 for the year.

MSUBobcat
November 17th, 2019, 11:42 AM
UNC @ UND - Bears are just plain bad. Sioux cruise by 21.
ISU @ BYU - Are we predicting this one? BYU by too many.
WSU @ UM - This would be a pick for the Grills, if not for being at Wa-Griz. Going with a 2 point eked-out victory for the Griz.
NAU @ SUU - NAU has been atrocious on the road. SUU by 9.
Sac State @ UI - I know the Vandals play better at home, but Dunniway seems to have gotten settled in last week and the team show a lot of grit with their comeback. Sac's fairy tale continues with a 6 point victory.
EWU @ Cal Poly - likely just a pride game for the Eags, but Poly hasn't been able to finish games this year (their schedule did them no favors). EWU offense should power them to a W. Eagles by 13.
MSU @ Davis - Davis still has an outside shot at playoffs. MSU's running game should be just enough to out-duel Davis's passing attack (our secondary has played surprisingly well, IMO). Bobcats by 5.

Perfect, except for MOV.