PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 Attendance

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2019, 08:40 PM
4,739 in New York for Columbia’s OT win over Harvard.

ngineer
November 9th, 2019, 08:50 PM
The "official" attendance at Lewisburg to see the Lehigh/Bucknell debacle was 2,051...however, I was able to almost count the full a attendance in the stands, and at most there were 1,200--including Lehigh's Marching '97 in full dress. The highlight of the game was their halftime performance.

JMUNJ08
November 9th, 2019, 08:53 PM
19,660 to watch the top 10?!?!?!? matchup of JMU & UNH that was a 38 point nailbiter

POD Knows
November 9th, 2019, 09:05 PM
17,441 at NDSU, B as in B, S as in S, not even close. Maybe 13,000 and their were literally people that came out to the game and left in the first freaking quarter. What the hell is even the point of that.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 9th, 2019, 09:08 PM
The "official" attendance at Lewisburg to see the Lehigh/Bucknell debacle was 2,051...however, I was able to almost count the full a attendance in the stands, and at most there were 1,200--including Lehigh's Marching '97 in full dress. The highlight of the game was their halftime performance.

When I knew I wasn't headed to Durham, NC for the ND game today I considered driving out to Lewisburg. However, I just couldn't justify it with all the good football one today. Glad I didn't! I have to imagine not many locals made an effort to go either with Penn State's huge game with Minnesota starting at noon.

MTfan4life
November 9th, 2019, 09:14 PM
17,441 at NDSU, B as in B, S as in S, not even close. Maybe 13,000 and their were literally people that came out to the game and left in the first freaking quarter. What the hell is even the point of that.

Can confirm. I was there. There was nowhere near that number. The row I sat in was empty other than my wife and me. Looking around the stadium and there was a lot of blue everywhere, not just in the corners. The second half was bad, but it was pretty vacant in the first quarter as well. (Vacant, by NDSU standards, of course.)

Bisonator
November 9th, 2019, 09:18 PM

Can confirm. I was there. There was nowhere near that number. The row I sat in was empty other than my wife and me. Looking around the stadium and there was a lot of blue everywhere, not just in the corners. The second half was bad, but it was pretty vacant in the first quarter as well. (Vacant, by NDSU standards, of course.)
This was expected. It's deer season and against a 1 win opponent. I'm guessing next week will be similar.

bulldog10jw
November 9th, 2019, 09:21 PM
A massive crowd of 2847 brave souls fought their way through the huge traffic jams headed to Brown Stadium to watch Yale beat Brown.

POD Knows
November 9th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Can confirm. I was there. There was nowhere near that number. The row I sat in was empty other than my wife and me. Looking around the stadium and there was a lot of blue everywhere, not just in the corners. The second half was bad, but it was pretty vacant in the first quarter as well. (Vacant, by NDSU standards, of course.):D What, did you lose a bet or something???

Son of Eli
November 10th, 2019, 06:08 AM
21,506 at Yankee Stadium to see Dartmouth beat Princeton 27-10 in de facto Ivy League Championship game.

Ivytalk
November 10th, 2019, 06:37 AM
21,506 at Yankee Stadium to see Dartmouth beat Princeton 27-10 in de facto Ivy League Championship game.
I wonder how it was divided between the two schools.

Sitting Bull
November 10th, 2019, 07:02 AM
7,063 in chilly Williamsburg as Tribe set a new rushing record, 469 yards in the 55-19 win over URI.

TTUEagles
November 10th, 2019, 07:27 AM
Almost 12K to see TECH over Jacksonville St. That’s a big number for a TTU game in November.

100%GRIZ
November 10th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Idaho @ Montana - 22,333

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2019, 09:27 AM

This what happens when NDSU fans assume they will win, harvest season wrapping up, deer opener, and an opponent that is not very strong.

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2019, 10:24 AM
....DON'T KNOW.....ACTUAL FIGURES........BUT HIGHSKOOL BAND DAY......SAVED YOU-DEE STADIUM.....FROM BEIN'....OUTDRAWN.....BAH UH......MASSACHUSETTES.....KENNEDY WEDDIN'.........AWK!

Sader87
November 10th, 2019, 12:26 PM
A somewhat disappointing 5K something yesterday at Fitton....very cold day, noon kickoff, parking restrictions etc. didn't help matters.

I really can't bitch as I was home in front of the computer watching as well.

JayJ79
November 10th, 2019, 12:35 PM
A somewhat disappointing 5K something yesterday at Fitton....very cold day, noon kickoff, parking restrictions etc. didn't help matters.

I really can't bitch as I was home in front of the computer watching as well.
seems like often, the complaints about attendance are made by those who didn't even attend the games they are complaining about the attendance of.

Hammerhead
November 10th, 2019, 12:43 PM

Probably 17K tickets sold. The student sections were nearly empty even at the beginning of the game and lots of random empty seats throughout the stadium. As others have noted, it was the deer gun opener in N.D. and Minn, plus many farmers are still harvesting. Add on to that some slick roads that might have kept some out-of-towners from driving to the game.

DFW HOYA
November 10th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Fordham at Colgate: 1,406.

POD Knows
November 10th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Probably 17K tickets sold. The student sections were nearly empty even at the beginning of the game and lots of random empty seats throughout the stadium. As others have noted, it was the deer gun opener in N.D. and Minn, plus many farmers are still harvesting. Add on to that some slick roads that might have kept some out-of-towners from driving to the game.I would agree with that, I would like to see a number as to how many tickets were actually scanned for the game. There were tickets for $8 in Vivid Seats for this game, I have not seen a ticket that cheap for an NDSU game for a long time. The empty seats didn't really surprise me but people that go out, do all the BS required to go to the game and then leave in the first quarter, that is mindless idiocy in my book.

JayJ79
November 10th, 2019, 02:36 PM
The empty seats didn't really surprise me but people that go out, do all the BS required to go to the game and then leave in the first quarter, that is mindless idiocy in my book.
is there more BS required to attend a game in Fargo than elsewhere? I mean, given the demand, I could see tickets being harder to get in some instances. But assuming these people already had tickets (from season ticket packages or whatever), is there really that much "BS" required to show up?

Attending a UNI game for me involves all of a 5 minute bike ride (or 10-15 minute walk). I left my house yesterday at 3:45 for a 4 pm game (though the actual game never starts right at 4), and still had time to grab concessions and make it to my seat. Granted, I intentionally show up later than most, because marching band music annoys me, but anyway.

It doesn't seem that out of sorts in my mind for people to show up to a game if they already have tickets (especially if they enjoy tailgating, though I reckon it may have been a bit chilly in Fargo for that yesterday, but y'all have tailgated in worse weather), but then leaving early when the game has become an obvious blowout.

caribbeanhen
November 10th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Probably 17K tickets sold. The student sections were nearly empty even at the beginning of the game and lots of random empty seats throughout the stadium. As others have noted, it was the deer gun opener in N.D. and Minn, plus many farmers are still harvesting. Add on to that some slick roads that might have kept some out-of-towners from driving to the game.

even the ancient Romans eventually got tired of the blood bath slaughters at the Coliseum

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2019, 07:29 AM
........13,742....REPORTED.............MANY MUST UH WENT...TA DUH......"IRISHMEN" SCREENIN'............AWK!

.....DIDN'T TUBBY.....PAINT HOUSES....xdontknowx....BRAWK!

fmftballmgr
November 11th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Almost 12K to see TECH over Jacksonville St. That’s a big number for a TTU game in November.

Nice

fmftballmgr
November 11th, 2019, 09:27 AM
3 confused people watch murray lose to the bye week 28-7

Even the bye week knew what plays we were going to run.

Terry2889
November 12th, 2019, 04:28 PM
19,660 to watch the top 10?!?!?!? matchup of JMU & UNH that was a 38 point nailbiter

HAHA! I was one of them! Awesome time despite the score!

Go Green
November 13th, 2019, 12:14 PM

Personally, I thought it was more than that.

Even if that's accurate--blame Princeton. The crowd was at least 65% (if not more) Dartmouth fans.