PDA

View Full Version : #25 New Hampshire @ #2 James Madison

UNHWildcat18
November 6th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Figured I'd start things off

Basically UNH needs to play mistake free football and JMU needs to have as many turnovers as they did last year in Durham. Also does anyone know if this game will be televised on anything other than fullof****sports?

Dukie95
November 6th, 2019, 11:30 AM
This one is actually available for free on JMU's broadcast network. Click on "WATCH: MADIZONE" in the link in the schedule.

https://jmusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Derby City Duke
November 6th, 2019, 11:31 AM

Basically UNH needs to play mistake free football and JMU needs to have as many turnovers as they did last year in Durham. Also does anyone know if this game will be televised on anything other than fullof****sports?

The JMU Sports website says the game will be on MASN, SNY, and Madizone. Madizone is free on the stetchinternet portal:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/jmu/

You'll find it on the 'live events' tab.

Dukie95
November 6th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Safety and PR D'Angelo Amos out until the 2nd half because of a targeting call last game.

UNHWildcat18
November 6th, 2019, 11:52 AM
The JMU Sports website says the game will be on MASN, SNY, and Madizone. Madizone is free on the stetchinternet portal:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/jmu/

You'll find it on the 'live events' tab.

Excellent, glad I can watch the game from home this week.

Terry2889
November 6th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Safety and PR D'Angelo Amos out until the 2nd half because of a targeting call last game.

We aren't very prolific in the pass game so.....

Terry2889
November 6th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Hey Dukies, I haven't been to Harrisonburg since my playing day 20 years ago. What are some good bars/restaurants to hit up after the game?

caa51
November 6th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Hey Dukies, I haven't been to Harrisonburg since my playing day 20 years ago. What are some good bars/restaurants to hit up after the game?

I will follow that up with what is the best tailgating spot for visiting team fans? Two years ago we were behind the Starbucks in R2, it was a pretty good spot but a long walk to the stadium. Appreciate any advice, thank you.

KPSUL
November 6th, 2019, 01:35 PM

Is that all? Sound easy enough! How do you spell a-u-t-o-b-i-d ?

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 6th, 2019, 01:42 PM
I'm rooting for our friendly neighbors to the south. The way I see it if you guys can take down the mighty Dukes and beat Albany, that could put in you in a tie for the league title and catapult you to at least top 10 status. If we can take down ELon and Rhody that makes our game with you not only for the league title but maybe, maybe enough to put us in the playoffs. Probably an unlikely set of circumstances but about now it's the only way I see us getting to the playoffs, in the meantime...
GO UNH!!!

WrenFGun
November 6th, 2019, 02:37 PM
This is a bad matchup for the way that UNH runs their offense. JMU is stout against the run, which is what we rely on to succeed, though in the games I watched, it did seem like Towson and Stony Brook were able to run the ball a bit. That'd be less of a problem if Brosmer were mobile, but it's basically a pocket passer which means we will likely be very susceptible to the JMU athletes on pass plays (especially when they blitz). It does seem like there may be an opportunity to move the ball down the field, so I'd expect to see a lot of Dylan Laube on wheel routes and Brian Espanet in jump ball situations. Maybe this is a good game for Nick Lorden to emerge a bit, as well.

Max Brosmer had the best game of his career against Villanova; as a freshman, you have to think he gets a little bit better each game, but I'm not sure he's seen an animal like this. One thing he'll need to work on is the general timeliness of his INT's, not that there is ever a good place to have one, but there have been some drive killers/game killers in his timing. His 9 picks this year: game-ender against Holy Cross at midfield, INT on FIU 39, INT on the URI 34, 2 INTs at midfield against Elon, Delaware 12 and 27 yard lines in a game we lost by 6, Villanova 29 in a game we were down 13 at the time. He rarely turns the ball over in his own territory, but as the field condenses, we've lost a lot of points. Those are real confidence busters given how close you are to conceivably scoring, but it's a tough nitpick since there's no great time to toss a pick. He's only thrown one pick deep in UNH territory all season.

I really don't know if I see a clear way for UNH to win this game. UNH is fairly stout on defense, but they were gashed through the air last week against Villanova in first half after being gashed on the ground by UD in the previous game prior to the bye. UNH couldn't sustain drives in that UD game, so I think that's where JMU has the opportunity to exploit us. Could be very similar to Delaware if Brosmer and company cannot sustain drives. In watching a few videos, JMU seems content to let teams beat themselves ... Denucci certainly will run and throw the ball, but he seemed fairly conservative with the ball and the stats seem to suggest as much. I'm sure the game plan will be to stop the run for UNH, but they'll have to find a weak spot somewhere in the JMU D to make it a game. Probably smart to watch for how well Gray and Washington run early.

KPSUL
November 6th, 2019, 02:39 PM
I will follow that up with what is the best tailgating spot for visiting team fans? Two years ago we were behind the Starbucks in R2, it was a pretty good spot but a long walk to the stadium. Appreciate any advice, thank you.

The UNH tailgate location on the Cat Club Website is way down in the far corner of R2 next to the practice golf field - same place as last year. It is the closest general parking area to the Stadium so it fills up pretty fast. If you want to park there I'd aim for 3 hours before kick-off I'd be interested to hear from any JMU fans if they know of better tailgates sites in general parking, but after attending 2-3 games a year at Bridgeforth stadium for the past 10 years, I think the answer is no. The seating provided to visiting teams and comped tickets for family members is not good either. Like many schools it is on the visitor side adjacent to the end zone - Section 8. But what is uniquely bad about those seats is that they provide no view of the video board, which is also the only scoreboard in the stadium.

KPSUL
November 6th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Denucci certainly will run and throw the ball, but he seemed fairly conservative with the ball and the stats seem to suggest as much. I'm sure the game plan will be to stop the run for UNH, but they'll have to find a weak spot somewhere in the JMU D to make it a game. Probably smart to watch for how well Gray and Washington run early.

The Nooche has happy feet, shaky hands and is prone to the "deer in the headlight" phenomenon.

Dukie95
November 6th, 2019, 02:54 PM
This is a bad matchup for the way that UNH runs their offense. JMU is stout against the run, which is what we rely on to succeed, though in the games I watched, it did seem like Towson and Stony Brook were able to run the ball a bit.

Stony Brook ran for 118, and Towson, 60. Was Tom Flacco's only career game without positive rush yardage. W&M actually had a long run of 73 yards, but ended the game with 75. No one has been running against JMU, but Nova found a way to get some passing yards off to the tune of 387. Based on what I saw last week, UNH has the talent to do the same.

Wish I could help with visiting tailgate locations. I really have no idea.

There is another scoreboard, but it's above the old pressbox on the visitors side, so I don't think that helps much.

cx500d
November 6th, 2019, 09:46 PM
Mods, Please fix title to #10 New Hampshire @...”

BDKJMU
November 6th, 2019, 11:35 PM
The Nooche has happy feet, shaky hands and is prone to the "deer in the headlight" phenomenon.
Lol maybe last year. Not this year.

-Another yr experience.
-New OC/QB coach (was OC at YSU, Akron, Miami OH, HC at Miami OH). Coached Ben Roethlisberger. Has done well with Dinucci.
-Offseason spent with some hot shot QB coach/guru, who's worked with all these big name college & NFL QBs. Whatever was spent seems worth every cent.
-Improved OL.
-Improved runnig game.
-Deep threat (Polk) at WR that didn't have last yr (transfer who had double digit starts 3 seasons at PSU) to go along with the 6'5/230 Stapleton.

Bottom line is you don't complete 68% of your passes (#1 CAA/#5 in nation), with 15 TDs, only 4 INTs, and be #1 in the CAA/#6 in nation in pass efficiency, with happy feet, shaky hands, and deer in the headlight phenomenon..Oh yeah, and Dinucci is a major running threat, too.

1989 Ric Flair
November 7th, 2019, 06:41 AM
UNH has a puncher's chance if they can win the turnover battle, get an early lead, and make zero mistakes. Easy, right?!? (Spoiler alert: Not so easy)

MR. CHICKEN
November 7th, 2019, 07:38 AM
Mods, Please fix title to #10 New Hampshire @...”

....NO NEED.....WON'T BE DERE LONG.....xsmhx.......BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 7th, 2019, 07:41 AM

-Another yr experience.
-New OC/QB coach (was OC at YSU, Akron, Miami OH, HC at Miami OH). Coached Ben Roethlisberger. Has done well with Dinucci.
-Offseason spent with some hot shot QB coach/guru, who's worked with all these big name college & NFL QBs. Whatever was spent seems worth every cent.
-Improved OL.
-Improved runnig game.
-Deep threat (Polk) at WR that didn't have last yr (transfer who had double digit starts 3 seasons at PSU) to go along with the 6'5/230 Stapleton.

Bottom line is you don't complete 68% of your passes (#1 CAA/#5 in nation), with 15 TDs, only 4 INTs, and be #1 in the CAA/#6 in nation in pass efficiency, with happy feet, shaky hands, and deer in the headlight phenomenon..Oh yeah, and Dinucci is a major running threat, too.

....AH MUST UH MISSED....DUH EXORCISM SERVICE....:(....DOODLE-DOO!

Mattymc727
November 7th, 2019, 08:09 AM
JMU defensive coordinator Corey Hetherman is the former D coordinator at Maine. Certainly he's seen this UNH offense a few times before. I imagine UNH will try to differentiate and use some imagination to try to move the ball on the JMU defense.

Ultimately, JMU wins this by two scores at the least.

MR. CHICKEN
November 7th, 2019, 08:14 AM
JMU defensive coordinator Corey Hetherman is the former D coordinator at Maine. Certainly he's seen this UNH offense a few times before. I imagine UNH will try to differentiate and use some imagination to try to move the ball on the JMU defense.

....TA AVOID....DIS SCENARIO.....GET CHIP ON DUH HORN........O'.....LOOK ON BACK PAGE UH PLAYBOOK.....WHERE HOOK 'N LADDER.....AN' OTHERAH.....3 RINGERS DIAGRAMMED.......DOODLES!

UNHWildcat18
November 7th, 2019, 08:18 AM

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised of this outcome JMU might just be too deep for us

MR. CHICKEN
November 7th, 2019, 08:22 AM
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised of this outcome JMU might just be too deep for us

...CONCEDE IFIN' YOUSE MUST....BUT......AH'D GO KICKIN'/SCREAMIN'.....B/4 DEY TURN ON DUH GAS............AWQ!

Terry2889
November 7th, 2019, 11:00 AM

Gonna avoid the tailgate scene as I have a ton of former students who attend JMU and wouldn't want to run into them in those circumstances. It does look like the down town area has a few cool spots to grab a beer though.

Terry2889
November 7th, 2019, 11:03 AM
As for the game. I feel like we are a year away from being able to line up toe to toe with JMU. Hopefully we keep it close and interesting. We will be hard pressed to get to 7-4 in my opinion. I feel like everyone in the CAA has gotten better over the course of the season with the exception of 'Nova. But even they are an awesome team when they get their proverbial **** together. The inexplicable Delaware loss will come back to bite us in the ass when it's all said and done I think.

UNHWildcat18
November 7th, 2019, 11:43 AM
As for the game. I feel like we are a year away from being able to line up toe to toe with JMU. Hopefully we keep it close and interesting. We will be hard pressed to get to 7-4 in my opinion. I feel like everyone in the CAA has gotten better over the course of the season with the exception of 'Nova. But even they are an awesome team when they get their proverbial **** together. The inexplicable Delaware loss will come back to bite us in the ass when it's all said and done I think.

That and the HC loss. I still think we get in at 7-4, not 6-5 though.

Dukie95
November 7th, 2019, 12:21 PM

JMU is senior heavy and will take a step back next year, anyway.

Terry2889
November 7th, 2019, 01:51 PM
I can forgive the Holy Cross loss. Those were a bizarre set of circumstances to overcome plus it was the first game of the season. The Delaware game was extremely disappointing. No knock on UD but man to man we are just a better team and we laid a complete egg that day. We were uninspired and unprepared that day in my opinion.

KPSUL
November 7th, 2019, 02:35 PM
....NO NEED.....WON'T BE DERE LONG.....xsmhx.......BRAWK!

Maybe not, but we're gonna have fun _uck'n with y'all while it lasts.

MR. CHICKEN
November 7th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Maybe not, but we're gonna have fun _uck'n with y'all while it lasts.

...JES' PULLIN' YER TAIL.....AH'M HERE FO' FUN TOO...........AH HOPE YA DO GOOD......AWK!

KPSUL
November 7th, 2019, 02:38 PM
....TA AVOID....DIS SCENARIO.....GET CHIP ON DUH HORN........O'.....LOOK ON BACK PAGE UH PLAYBOOK.....WHERE HOOK 'N LADDER.....AN' OTHERAH.....3 RINGERS DIAGRAMMED.......DOODLES!

We haven't done well with more than one football exchange per play after the snap this year.

KPSUL
November 7th, 2019, 02:46 PM

-Another yr experience.
-Improved OL.
-Improved runnig game.

Yeah I agree, due to the work of his Sports Therapist and that short chain Curt Cignetti keeps around his neck, he's doing much better! But all those UNH Wildcat jerseys flying to the ball are bound to induce a PTSD episode, I predict we'll see Baby Giraffe out there after the 4th turnover.

KPSUL
November 7th, 2019, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=Terry2889;2824453]Gonna avoid the tailgate scene as I have a ton of former students who attend JMU and wouldn't want to run into them in those circumstances. It does look like the down town area has a few cool spots to grab a beer though.[/QUOTE

]
There will be very few students where the UNH Tailgate will be located in Parking Lot R2. JMU provides a student tailgate area elsewhere. There is nothing remotely like Boulder Field at JMU. (or most places for that matter)

Terry2889
November 7th, 2019, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=Terry2889;2824453]Gonna avoid the tailgate scene as I have a ton of former students who attend JMU and wouldn't want to run into them in those circumstances. It does look like the down town area has a few cool spots to grab a beer though.[/QUOTE

]
There will be very few students where the UNH Tailgate will be located in Parking Lot R2. JMU provides a student tailgate area elsewhere. There is nothing remotely like Boulder Field at JMU. (or most places for that matter)

Gotcha we'll swing by.

Mattymc727
November 8th, 2019, 07:41 AM
Interesting note, if UNH does win out, and JMU wins the rest of their games, UNH would be the AQ, even though JMU might end up with the better record and seed.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 9th, 2019, 04:13 PM
JMU rolling 30-10 at Half

I don't think it's much of a surprise. NDSU and JMU roll along....

UNHWildcat18
November 9th, 2019, 04:19 PM
JMU rolling 30-10 at Half

I don't think it's much of a surprise. NDSU and JMU roll along....

yup it’s nail in the coffin. 37-10. That INT on the fake spike ruined the whole game even if it was destined to be a blowout. Total mind **** to the D that was already struggling in the trenches

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2019, 04:28 PM
JMU 44, UNH 10, 10 min left 3rd (JMU missed PAT on earlier TD).

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 9th, 2019, 04:29 PM
The Dukes looking to make a statement and secure the #2 seed!

J(ersey)MU
November 9th, 2019, 05:36 PM
We got the Baby Giraffe sighting, just missed the 4 turnovers...

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2019, 05:59 PM
JMU 54, UNH 16..
Total Offense JMU 537, UNH 243.
UNH didn’t look Top 10...

BDKJMU
November 9th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Mr Happy Feet, Shaky Hands, Deer in the Headlight Phenomenon, against UNH’s touted secondary, went 19 of 24 (that’s 79%) for 293 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs..

The only happy feet I saw were the JMU backs & WR running all over UNH..

knit35
November 9th, 2019, 06:05 PM
Mr Happy Feet, Shaky Hands, Deer in the Headlight Phenomenon, against UNH’s touted secondary, went 19 of 24, 293 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs..

that UNH secondary was non existent

Derby City Duke
November 9th, 2019, 06:27 PM
Those thuds you heard were the wheels coming off the Wildcat's bus...

Impressive show by the Dukes today.

caribbeanhen
November 9th, 2019, 08:28 PM
I had a bad feeling about UNH.......

BisonFan02
November 9th, 2019, 08:32 PM
UNH being the #10 team in the playoff committee's eyes was a complete joke.

Mattymc727
November 9th, 2019, 08:39 PM
And let the UNH hate flow....

No idea where the hate comes from but this must be a good sign

POD Knows
November 9th, 2019, 09:08 PM
And let the UNH hate flow....

No idea where the hate comes from but this must be a good signMaybe if you guys did something with all of these playoff spot "gifts" that you guys seem to get, people would shut the hell up.

MTfan4life
November 10th, 2019, 03:53 AM
UNH being the #10 team in the playoff committee's eyes was a complete joke.

Would you say the same about UNI and Illinois State? Northern Iowa got trucked by NDSU and they still look like a top 10, maybe even top 5 team. The same with Illinois State. This is not a defense of New Hampshire, but rather a plea for people to stop judging teams based off their games against NDSU/JMU. By that metric, UC Davis and Stony Brook would be top 10 teams and Towson/Missouri State would have top 10 defenses.

Back to my usual anti-UNH commentary, if the Wildcats get in the playoffs at 6-5, please let the hate flow. This is a very real possibility if they were #10 at 5-3. They only play 11 games.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2019, 08:44 AM
Would you say the same about UNI and Illinois State? Northern Iowa got trucked by NDSU and they still look like a top 10, maybe even top 5 team. The same with Illinois State. This is not a defense of New Hampshire, but rather a plea for people to stop judging teams based off their games against NDSU/JMU. By that metric, UC Davis and Stony Brook would be top 10 teams and Towson/Missouri State would have top 10 defenses.

Back to my usual anti-UNH commentary, if the Wildcats get in the playoffs at 6-5, please let the hate flow. This is a very real possibility if they were #10 at 5-3. They only play 11 games.

if they get in over a 7-5 SIU the hate will flow

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2019, 09:37 AM

I'm doing everything in my power to remain anti-conspiratorial, but with how bad UNH played against JMU, someone has to wonder "why" they were given the 10 spot. I argued for ISUr/Montana St here and on Twitter FTR.

MR. CHICKEN
November 10th, 2019, 10:10 AM
I'm doing everything in my power to remain anti-conspiratorial, but with how bad UNH played against JMU, someone has to wonder "why" they were given the 10 spot. I argued for ISUr/Montana St here and on Twitter FTR.

.....WAIT'LL COMMITTEE SELECTS......REMAINDER UH FIELD.......IT'S GONNA BE WILD IN HERE.......DAT SUNDAY.........EVERAH-ONE...SANS DUH WILDCATS KNEW......NEW HAMPSHIRE WOOD GET STUCK IN DEY'RE OWN SYRUP.........@ H-BURG........BRAWK!

jmufan999
November 10th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Yeah I agree, due to the work of his Sports Therapist and that short chain Curt Cignetti keeps around his neck, he's doing much better! But all those UNH Wildcat jerseys flying to the ball are bound to induce a PTSD episode, I predict we'll see Baby Giraffe out there after the 4th turnover.

oh, we saw Baby Giraffe all right. hell, we even got our 3rd stringer some work. would your DBs like to borrow our Sports Therapist?

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2019, 10:35 AM
.....WAIT'LL COMMITTEE SELECTS......REMAINDER UH FIELD.......IT'S GONNA BE WILD IN HERE.......DAT SUNDAY.........EVERAH-ONE...SANS DUH WILDCATS KNEW......NEW HAMPSHIRE WOOD GET STUCK IN DEY'RE OWN SYRUP.........@ H-BURG........BRAWK!

We all know at least 1 team is going to get shafted, I just wonder how bad it is going to be in comparison to others.

What I'm seeing right now is the following:

Big Sky: 4
Big South: 1/2
CAA: 3/4
FCS Independent: 1
MEAC: 1/2
MVFC: 4/5
NEC: 1
OVC: 2/3
PL: Should be 0 but will be 1
Pioneer: 1
SoCon: 2/3
Southland: 3/4
SWAC: 0

So if we take the AQs out, we are looking at 11 teams gone. That said, there are currently anywhere between 14-21 teams fighting for 13 spots. I see the MEAC probably getting 1 due to NCAT most likely going to the Celebration Bowl (FAMU ineligible) and SCSU should get in if Wofford gets in and they will have a legitimate claim to it.