PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS!!!! SUNS/SPURS

NDSUFREAK
May 15th, 2007, 07:09 PM
STAT (Stoudemire), Diaw and Horry have been suspended for Game 5 which is on wednesday. Horry, however, has been suspended for 2 games. This doesn't effect SA at all but for PHX.....holy *****.....this was a total side to PHX. I know that those 2 left the bench but nobody seems to recognize that during the 2nd quarter of that same game when Ellson went for a dunk he hung on the rim for a while and while he did a SUNS player walked under him and Ellson landed on top of him. Duncan then took more than 2 steps onto the court holding a towel. It is a different situation but he went ON THE COURT DURING PLAY.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2871615

CopperCat
May 15th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Stupidest friggin' suspensions I have seen this year. I hate the NBA, but Golden State's run has me interested so I've been watching lately. I saw the hit that Horry put on Nash, and I thought he should have been the ONLY one suspended. Diaw and Stoudemaire didn't do much of anything to inflate the situation. David Stern may be giving a message to players, but I don't agree with how he did it. Horry laid a dirty hit on Nash (who has a target on his back as it is) and he deserves at least 4 games in my mind (hopefully the Suns will just beat SA).

tribe_pride
May 16th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Stupidest friggin' suspensions I have seen this year. I hate the NBA, but Golden State's run has me interested so I've been watching lately. I saw the hit that Horry put on Nash, and I thought he should have been the ONLY one suspended. Diaw and Stoudemaire didn't do much of anything to inflate the situation. David Stern may be giving a message to players, but I don't agree with how he did it. Horry laid a dirty hit on Nash (who has a target on his back as it is) and he deserves at least 4 games in my mind (hopefully the Suns will just beat SA).

While most everyone agrees with you that Horry should have been the only one suspended, the letter of the law states that Stern had to suspend the other 2 for a game. It has been enforced so many times and everyone knows the rule. Otherwise, why would Stoudemire have said he was going to check into the game. His coach even laughed when he heard that. Stoud knew he was caught and was going to be suspended. Look for a rule change this Summer.

813Jag
May 16th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Why does Nash have a target on his back? And that rule about leaving the bench has been in place since '97. They showed old footage of Charles Barkley getting suspended for taking two steps on the court in Seattle during an altercation.

NDSUFREAK
May 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM
For further reading go to the topic that jon made about it.

NoCoDanny
May 16th, 2007, 05:32 PM
All this yet that thug Bruce Bowen walks away scott free once again.

PantherRob82
May 16th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Spurs win game 5, book it.

Peems
May 16th, 2007, 06:44 PM
While most everyone agrees with you that Horry should have been the only one suspended, the letter of the law states that Stern had to suspend the other 2 for a game. It has been enforced so many times and everyone knows the rule. Otherwise, why would Stoudemire have said he was going to check into the game. His coach even laughed when he heard that. Stoud knew he was caught and was going to be suspended. Look for a rule change this Summer.

spot on. THey did what they have always done, and the rule will be amended/should be. The Suns will have some serious slack to pick up, losing Amare and his backup. Tonight's five i suspect will be.

Nash, Bell, Marion, Jones and Thomas.

NDSUFREAK
May 16th, 2007, 06:53 PM
spot on. THey did what they have always done, and the rule will be amended/should be. The Suns will have some serious slack to pick up, losing Amare and his backup. Tonight's five i suspect will be.

Nash, Bell, Marion, Jones and Thomas.

The only difference with that lineup is that Jones is back on the starting rotation in place of STAT. Even though a huge difference will be that STAT won't play I do believe that Nash will put his team on his shoulders again and lead to a win.

103-97 SUNS