PDA

View Full Version : POLL- MONMOUTH @ KENNESAW

MUHAWKS
November 1st, 2019, 01:06 PM
WHO WINS!

ksu_owls
November 1st, 2019, 01:58 PM
This will, unfortunately, be a close game. I expect the game to be more like the first half (14-17 Owls) of last year than the final 14-51. If we win this one by 14+ I'd be excited considering how banged up we are.

MUHAWKS
November 1st, 2019, 02:32 PM
This will, unfortunately, be a close game. I expect the game to be more like the first half (14-17 Owls) of last year than the final 14-51. If we win this one by 14+ I'd be excited considering how banged up we are.

Hey man how you doing.. Banged up?? What you guys got going on?? starters?? bad injuries??

BurialGround
November 1st, 2019, 02:52 PM
This one really should be the first competitive game between KSU and Monmouth. I seriously considered picking Monmouth, but trying to look at this game as objectively as possible, I do think KSU edges it out. In the end, it's one of those games where I can see one team (KSU) blowing out the other, but I can't see the other team (Monmouth) winning by blowout. Usually when that's the case, the team that has the potential to blow out the other is the one that wins. I don't think it'll be a blow-out though.

I still feel like KSU is much stronger in the trenches, and that'll be the difference late in the game. I think Monmouth takes the lead early and leads at halftime. They'll need to build up a big lead to hold on for the win. If the game is close by the end of the 3rd quarter, KSU wins. If Monmouth is leading by 10+, then they've got a good shot. KSU's best DL being back is big, but we're still hurting. Hopefully we can pull it out.

MUHAWKS
November 1st, 2019, 02:59 PM
This one really should be the first competitive game between KSU and Monmouth. I seriously considered picking Monmouth, but trying to look at this game as objectively as possible, I do think KSU edges it out. In the end, it's one of those games where I can see one team (KSU) blowing out the other, but I can't see the other team (Monmouth) winning by blowout. Usually when that's the case, the team that has the potential to blow out the other is the one that wins. I don't think it'll be a blow-out though.

I still feel like KSU is much stronger in the trenches, and that'll be the difference late in the game. I think Monmouth takes the lead early and leads at halftime. They'll need to build up a big lead to hold on for the win. If the game is close by the end of the 3rd quarter, KSU wins. If Monmouth is leading by 10+, then they've got a good shot. KSU's best DL being back is big, but we're still hurting. Hopefully we can pull it out.

what kind of injuries you guys got????

BurialGround
November 1st, 2019, 04:40 PM
We've been banged up all season. Best DL has been out most of the season, but returns against Monmouth. Several other starters in the front 7 have been battling injuries. B-backs have been banged up. Best A-back is out for the season. QB was hurt against UNA, but should be good to go tomorrow.

caribbeanhen
November 1st, 2019, 07:17 PM

I pretty much agree with you, Monmouth is going to be heard from in this game

saw some of the Kenny So Cha game and was thinking Monmouth can beat this team

ming01
November 2nd, 2019, 12:10 AM
Monmouth has been strong against the run so far.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2019, 02:50 PM
I closed the poll since the game is going on but it is interesting that AGS had this as a toss up basically.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2019, 02:52 PM
xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxl maoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

Grizalltheway
November 2nd, 2019, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the quality win Monmouth.xthumbsupx

clenz
November 2nd, 2019, 03:12 PM
[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782][emoji1782]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2019, 03:13 PM
95 yards xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

adamsputnik
November 2nd, 2019, 03:14 PM
Yep, pass defense has been a fail. You were on the mark, BurialGround.

mvfcfan
November 2nd, 2019, 03:15 PM
Will KSU even get an at-large now? BTW Monmouth just got a 92 yd TD.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2019, 03:17 PM
I closed the poll since the game is going on but it is interesting that AGS had this as a toss up basically.
I think there were some wise guys voting after kickoff. It was a 2 to 1 ratio in favor of KSU last night.

Bison56
November 2nd, 2019, 03:19 PM

I would say no

adamsputnik
November 2nd, 2019, 03:20 PM

You can't say we deserve it based on who we've beaten.

Pretty pathetic display at home.

clenz
November 2nd, 2019, 03:21 PM
Clown program.

Prime Power
November 2nd, 2019, 03:23 PM
KSU is gonna go from top 5 to unranked.....well at least they should.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2019, 03:23 PM
We should start a pool on when HootyHoo shows back up again?

I'll say September 28th 2020.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2019, 03:24 PM
I think there were some wise guys voting after kickoff. It was a 2 to 1 ratio in favor of KSU last night.

Oh really, that is too bad. We need to make sure these things end before the game starts I guess since integrity in voting in them is absent around here. I voted minutes after he put it up and my vote was Monmouth in this one so felt good about AGS overall until this development. F'n cheaters!:(:D

adamsputnik
November 2nd, 2019, 03:26 PM
Clown program.

Piss off. How many playoff wins does your mob have lately? Negative wanker.

Silenoz
November 2nd, 2019, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the quality win Monmouth.xthumbsupxx2

clenz
November 2nd, 2019, 03:51 PM
Piss off. How many playoff wins does your mob have lately? Negative wanker.We've never not win at least one game when we've made the playoffs.

The same number as KSU over the last 3 seasons.

Talk ****
Get hit

**** outta here. Come back when you actually neat someone with a pulse

adamsputnik
November 2nd, 2019, 04:07 PM
We've never not win at least one game when we've made the playoffs.

The same number as KSU over the last 3 seasons.

Talk ****
Get hit

**** outta here. Come back when you actually neat someone with a pulse

Would you therefore describe your own program as a "clown program", using that logic?

We've beaten plenty of teams with a pulse over the last few years. This year ain't it, but your commentary is still negative garbage.

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2019, 04:11 PM
I pretty much agree with you, Monmouth is going to be heard from in this game

saw some of the Kenny So Cha game and was thinking Monmouth can beat this team

Kenny failed the hated eye test

clenz
November 2nd, 2019, 04:12 PM
If only you knew how I've spoken of my program the last few years.

Difference is one program plays in the toughest league in America, has beaten B12 teams, and week in and out shows they can play with most anyone and is mostly completely quiet on it and most weeks still questions why people rank is as high as they do

The other plays non D1s, runs up stats, in one of the weakest leagues in America and brags non stop about it and takes over social media complaining that people don't rank them higher.

93henfan
November 2nd, 2019, 04:28 PM
Monmouth kennecame, kennesaw, and kenneconquered. Not bad for a community college in New Jersey.

adamsputnik
November 2nd, 2019, 04:30 PM
Unfortunately, we can't help that the conference we currently play in is bad. We've done what we can with the hand we've been dealt. This year the team isn't as good, our schedule sucks (thanks to scheduled teams backing out with late notice), and therefore we will suffer the consequences.

Being called a "clown program" after we've clearly shown we can mix it up with the top flight irks me.

Anyone who complains about us not being ranked higher is a moron, but I have no idea what that is referring to.

HootyHoo
November 2nd, 2019, 04:31 PM
We should start a pool on when HootyHoo shows back up again?

I'll say September 28th 2020.

I'm still here. Like others have said on the thread, this was a pathetic display from KSU. Probably the worst performance in the history of the program. I have to give credit to Monmouth. They played great. Obviously they were bitter about the last 4 years since they had their starters in with 3 minutes left and going for it on fourth down in the 4th. The Hawks were motivated and wanted it more than the Owls.

93henfan
November 2nd, 2019, 04:32 PM
I don't think Kennesaw is a clown program by any means. I'd love to poach Bohannon.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2019, 04:39 PM
Thank you Monmouth!

Gil Dobie
November 2nd, 2019, 04:40 PM
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.667171395.8132/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

RabidRabbit
November 2nd, 2019, 04:53 PM
Monmouth lost to Griz and a FBS? Any quality wins outside of Owls?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gofurman
November 2nd, 2019, 05:02 PM
ah yes, Monouth in the house. KSU goin' down is one thing. but THIS big?

MUHAWKS
November 2nd, 2019, 05:09 PM
Monmouth lost to Griz and a FBS? Any quality wins outside of Owls?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We lost to FBS and Grizz yes, but let it be known that we were only down 6 with about 9 minutes to play.. We beat Albany who may or may not count as quality by the end of the year. Todays performance by the Danes says no.. We still need to win out. We have Campbell, North Alabama and Hampton who are all capable in terms of havign athletes and competing but yeah we need to win those 3.. If we do we would be 10-2 with a blowout win over # 5 ranked team, a look decent loss against top 10 Grizz and some other blowouts over poor teams with a couple close ones over poor teams.. It wont justify a playoff seeding even though Kennesaw would have got one with a much weaker resume but it may get us a winnable home playoff game against NEC or Patriot league champ or a middle of the road CAA team..

Daytripper
November 2nd, 2019, 05:10 PM
Kennesaw is getting the SHSU treatment from AGS....

https://media.giphy.com/media/l1J9u3TZfpmeDLkD6/giphy.gif

Lion1983
November 2nd, 2019, 08:03 PM
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.667171395.8132/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

😂🤣😂🤣😂

ysubigred
November 2nd, 2019, 09:15 PM
Thank you Monmouth!Lol I can't point fingers but you can.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2019, 10:15 PM
Lol I can't point fingers but you can.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Every year, there is always at least that ONE fan, who makes their fanbase look like ****, and if/when they lose, we all celebrate.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2019, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately, we can't help that the conference we currently play in is bad. We've done what we can with the hand we've been dealt. This year the team isn't as good, our schedule sucks (thanks to scheduled teams backing out with late notice), and therefore we will suffer the consequences.

Being called a "clown program" after we've clearly shown we can mix it up with the top flight irks me.

Anyone who complains about us not being ranked higher is a moron, but I have no idea what that is referring to.

KSU isn't a clown program. There seems to be some wanting to take joy at their expense though due to the over ranking this season by a lot of voters out there.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2019, 11:31 PM
KSU is on the bubble for me. It's okay to be knocked off of your thrown in an ungrateful fashion. Heck, it's even okay to be blown out by an elite program.

The problem is that Monmouth isn't that.

The Big South isn't good enough yet to deserve a second bid IMO (but I think they will anyway because politics). Campbell is improved but they're a couple years away. I think Monmouth is good too because they've been chasing the Kennesaw white whale forever, but I also don't think they are spectacular.

You can just look at comparable stats with this KSU team this year and last year and tell they weren't as good. They lost many starters and their schedule is weak. I bring the latter point up not to beat a dead horse, but last year and years prior younger KSU teams were challenged by the likes of Montana State, good Charleston Southern teams and teams like Liberty, Coastal, Furman, and Samford.

I'm not sure how many players they lost from last year (I think most of them were on offense), but having a younger team and softer schedule is a recipe for disaster when you play decent teams.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2019, 11:37 PM
We lost to FBS and Grizz yes, but let it be known that we were only down 6 with about 9 minutes to play.. We beat Albany who may or may not count as quality by the end of the year. Todays performance by the Danes says no.. We still need to win out. We have Campbell, North Alabama and Hampton who are all capable in terms of havign athletes and competing but yeah we need to win those 3.. If we do we would be 10-2 with a blowout win over # 5 ranked team, a look decent loss against top 10 Grizz and some other blowouts over poor teams with a couple close ones over poor teams.. It wont justify a playoff seeding even though Kennesaw would have got one with a much weaker resume but it may get us a winnable home playoff game against NEC or Patriot league champ or a middle of the road CAA team..
Win the next two and your guys will have secured the Big South auto before they even take the field against Hampton in the season finale.

putter
November 2nd, 2019, 11:41 PM
Monmouth has one of the best QB's I have seen all year...

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2019, 12:14 AM
I can't wait to see how much higher the STATS and Coaches poll have Kennesaw than Monmouth. I'm going to guess that Kennesaw falls in the #12-#15 range and Monmouth ends up in the #18-#22 range.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 3rd, 2019, 12:27 AM
Throne

uofmman1122
November 3rd, 2019, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the quality win Monmouth.xthumbsupx
100% this xnodx

Derby City Duke
November 3rd, 2019, 08:20 AM
Nicely done Hawks! Great win.

aceinthehole
November 3rd, 2019, 09:30 AM
I have Monmouth at #21 and KSU drops out of the Top-25.

1. North Dakota St.
2. James Madison
3. South Dakota St.
4. Sacramento St.
5. Weber St.
6. Montana
7. Northern Iowa
8. Illinois St.
9. Central Arkansas
10. Furman
11. Montana St.
12. Dartmouth
13. Central Conn. St.
14. Princeton
15. Southeast Mo. St.
16. North Dakota
17. Wofford
18. Villanova
19. Austin Peay
20. N.C. A&T
21. Monmouth
22. Florida A&M
23. New Hampshire
24. Tennessee-Martin
25. Sam Houston St.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2019, 09:33 AM

1. North Dakota St.
2. James Madison
3. South Dakota St.
4. Sacramento St.
5. Weber St.
6. Montana
7. Northern Iowa
8. Illinois St.
9. Central Arkansas
10. Furman
11. Montana St.
12. Dartmouth
13. Central Connecticut St.
14. Princeton
15. Southeast Missouri St.
16. North Dakota
17. Wofford
18. Villanova
19. Austin Peay
20. North Carolina A&T
21. Monmouth
22. Florida A&M
23. New Hampshire
24. Tennessee-Martin
25. Sam Houston St.Is this your poll for this week, you aren't supposed to post them until after the poll is released on Monday, I think that is the rule.

aceinthehole
November 3rd, 2019, 09:36 AM
Is this your poll for this week, you aren't supposed to post them until after the poll is released on Monday, I think that is the rule.

No, I'm not an AGS poll voter. Just my thoughts this week.

TennBison
November 3rd, 2019, 09:36 AM

1. North Dakota St.
2. James Madison
3. South Dakota St.
4. Sacramento St.
5. Weber St.
6. Montana
7. Northern Iowa
8. Illinois St.
9. Central Arkansas
10. Furman
11. Montana St.
12. Dartmouth
13. Central Conn. St.
14. Princeton
15. Southeast Mo. St.
16. North Dakota
17. Wofford
18. Villanova
19. Austin Peay
20. N.C. A&T
21. Monmouth
22. Florida A&M
23. New Hampshire
24. Tennessee-Martin
25. Sam Houston St.
So you are going to drop a team from being #4 to completely out of the polls????

Daytripper
November 3rd, 2019, 09:37 AM

1. North Dakota St.
2. James Madison
3. South Dakota St.
4. Sacramento St.
5. Weber St.
6. Montana
7. Northern Iowa
8. Illinois St.
9. Central Arkansas
10. Furman
11. Montana St.
12. Dartmouth
13. Central Conn. St.
14. Princeton
15. Southeast Mo. St.
16. North Dakota
17. Wofford
18. Villanova
19. Austin Peay
20. N.C. A&T
21. Monmouth
22. Florida A&M
23. New Hampshire
24. Tennessee-Martin
25. Sam Houston St.

If this is this week's poll, delete it and repost after the poll is released.

TennBison
November 3rd, 2019, 09:42 AM
If this is this week's poll, delete it and repost after the poll is released.
He can't, now that it has already been re-posted it is saved in the thread.

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2019, 09:44 AM
So you are going to drop a team from being #4 to completely out of the polls????
Why not? Better late than never on getting it right and someone who had KSU at #4 going into this week obviously didn't have it right.

TennBison
November 3rd, 2019, 10:11 AM
Why not? Better late than never on getting it right and someone who had KSU at #4 going into this week obviously didn't have it right.
FCS coaches poll on ESPN.

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2019, 10:34 AM
FCS coaches poll on ESPN.

I don't do Bisonville, so I generally do not know the lingo, but was this supposed to be in purple.

putter
November 3rd, 2019, 10:40 AM
Nicely done Hawks! Great win.

You also realize, Weber beat Sac @ Sac last night?

TennBison
November 3rd, 2019, 11:35 AM
I don't do Bisonville, so I generally do not know the lingo, but was this supposed to be in purple.
I will take the opinion of someone who actually coaches football and knows what they are talking about over some sports writer that never made it past High School football and thinks he knows it all. To put it in perspective, if Chris Klieman, or Matt Entz were to say something different than what you thought or some other sports journalist, I am going to take their thoughts over anyone else.

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2019, 11:41 AM
I will take the opinion of someone who actually coaches football and knows what they are talking about over some sports writer that never made it past High School football and thinks he knows it all. To put it in perspective, if Chris Klieman, or Matt Entz were to say something different than what you thought or some other sports journalist, I am going to take their thoughts over anyone else.

Ok. If you want to believe that FCS coaches are "voting" in this, I'll let you continue to believe that. I'd take the weight of the AGS poll over any other supposed "poll".

Reign of Terrier
November 3rd, 2019, 01:07 PM
I'm watching this game reply on ESPN+ and I have to say: Kennesaw's program strategy is great for winning a weak conference but I huge risk for when that conference gets better or they get in the players.

Much like how air raid teams suffer from being unable to practice against a good running attack, option teams can't replicate passing attacks as well either, especially the kind KSU runs.

Wofford can simulate passing well because we are spread, not flexbone team, but KSU/the Citadel are flexbone and that's too many moving parts relative to what they're used to.

Anyway, KSU will play teams that just aren't good in general and it's not good practice for when they play teams that are good at what they do like Monmouth.

In 3/4+ of the FCS, you can win your conference with a well executed, gimmicky offense (air raid, flexbone) and maybe get to the quarterfinals pending on your matchup. But when you're playing a schedule that is bad AND you run a gimmick offense AND you lose lots of starters AND your program is young AND you lose your defensive coordinator to FBS, that's a recipe for disaster.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2019, 01:11 PM
No, I'm not an AGS poll voter. Just my thoughts this week.10-4 xthumbsupx

aceinthehole
November 3rd, 2019, 01:19 PM
OK, that is actually a pretty good poll, you should join the club. xthumbsupx

Thanks. :) If I could commit to it each week, I would, but I don't always have the time on Sunday to make the judgement.

Edit - I did have a typo in my post. Should be #4 Weber St. and #5 Sacramento St.

Derby City Duke
November 3rd, 2019, 01:22 PM
You also realize, Weber beat Sac @ Sac last night?

Yes. So?

KPSUL
November 3rd, 2019, 01:54 PM

Yep, although I never had them that high this season.

MSUBobcat
November 3rd, 2019, 01:58 PM
Thanks. :) If I could commit to it each week, I would, but I don't always have the time on Sunday to make the judgement.

Edit - I did have a typo in my post. Should be #4 Weber St. and #5 Sacramento St.

Wondered about that....

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2019, 02:02 PM

Edit - I did have a typo in my post. Should be #4 Weber St. and #5 Sacramento St.Even better

Daytripper
November 3rd, 2019, 04:11 PM
Ok. If you want to believe that FCS coaches are "voting" in this, I'll let you continue to believe that. I'd take the weight of the AGS poll over any other supposed "poll".

This ^^^^^

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2019, 06:03 PM
You've got way too much faith in how informed the coaches poll voters. Like Kingpin said it's very unlikely actual coaches vote in those polls and if they do I highly doubt they do any research on teams that aren't on their schedule or in their conference. And why would they? They've got plenty to keep them busy without watching some team play or check schedules/box scores for a team they'll never play unless the cards all fall right in the playoffs.