PDA

View Full Version : Playoff TV Contract for I-AA?

TexasTerror
August 9th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I brought up this question over on the TxSt-SM Bobcats page after someone said that the Bobcats games would be televised if they made it to the playoffs, a first for their program, something they've been talking about for ages.

So, what's the TV deal for the I-AA playoffs now with ESPNU, CSTV and a whole bunch of others showing I-AA games nowadays? Ralph, not sure if you posted this before. Perhaps someone can lend a helping hand?

fufanatic
August 9th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I know last year that ESPN and ESPN 2 covered the semis and finals nationally and the quarters regionally. The first round games were found on local channels.

bluehenbillk
August 10th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Last year was the best year of coverage there was, GSU/UNH was shown nationally (ESPN2) in the 1st round. Montana/UNH in the quarters, with ESPN Plus doing all the quarters, both semi's & the final were on ESPN2.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 10th, 2005, 11:17 AM
ESPN has the right of first refusal.

Ralph, might it depend on the league? Doesn't ESPN have coverage of the MEAC/SWAC, so theoretically, if one of those teams made the playoffs and hosted a game, they would be ESPN instead of CSTV?

In our area last year, Lafayette/Delaware was on CSTV, while Lehigh/JMU was on TV locally. I think it was also broadcast at JMU, but I'm not 100% sure.

bobcatfan06
August 10th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I brought up this question over on the TxSt-SM Bobcats page after someone said that the Bobcats games would be televised if they made it to the playoffs, a first for their program, something they've been talking about for ages.

So, what's the TV deal for the I-AA playoffs now with ESPNU, CSTV and a whole bunch of others showing I-AA games nowadays? Ralph, not sure if you posted this before. Perhaps someone can lend a helping hand?

Ooo nice sneak attack there buddy. :deadhorse

mlbowl
August 10th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Ooo nice sneak attack there buddy. :deadhorse

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: