PDA

View Full Version : Gilder vs. Florin

kalm
October 23rd, 2019, 05:59 AM
Good article from the Spokesman EWU beat writer on Eag-Griz and a Montana kid who went west.

Who ya got?

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/oct/22/eastern-washington-notebook-eastern-washington-tig/

uofmman1122
October 23rd, 2019, 12:44 PM
Hindsight is 20-20, but it sucks to miss on a guy like that.

Our previous coach had some....strange recruiting strategies when it came to in-state players.

I can almost guarantee that had Bobby been coach back then, Gilder would be a Griz right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2019, 01:28 PM

Our previous coach had some....strange recruiting strategies when it came to in-state players.

I can almost guarantee that had Bobby been coach back then, Gilder would be a Griz right now.

Yep, EWU got lucky that Stitt was here for that one.

mvemjsunpx
October 23rd, 2019, 07:14 PM

Would the receiving corps be better, though? Gilder's career stats haven't been all that notable: 509 yards total, and he's a senior.

uofmman1122
October 23rd, 2019, 10:22 PM
Would the receiving corps be better, though? Gilder's career stats haven't been all that notable: 509 yards total, and he's a senior.
He's only slightly behind Bingham, who has 544 yards as a senior. His 12 TDs are 5 more than Bingham's 7, and that's with Bingham playing his first year as a wide receiver, too.

I think had Bobby been coach, you'd probably have Bingham and Gilder in a Beaudin/Pfahler type tandem that got a lot of action and a lot of results.

kalm
October 25th, 2019, 08:49 AM
And I get no props for the thread title?

Ingrates...xsmhx