PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em Week 9

carney2
October 21st, 2019, 08:07 AM
For no apparent reason the Powder Puff League plays on.

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

Game of the Week: I guess Georgetown @ Lehigh has some championship implications, but does anyone really care?

MayorOfHenTown
October 21st, 2019, 08:31 AM
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Lafayette

Fordham
October 21st, 2019, 09:15 AM
Gtown
HC
Bucknell

bonarae
October 21st, 2019, 09:22 AM
Georgetown - toss-up
Holy Cross
Bucknell

ngineer
October 21st, 2019, 01:07 PM
For no apparent reason the Powder Puff League plays on.

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

Game of the Week: I guess Georgetown @ Lehigh has some championship implications, but does anyone really care?

YES. (;-)

ngineer
October 21st, 2019, 01:24 PM
Riffing off of Carney's lament, "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?" Crunch time.

Hoyas come to Goodman on a ventilator, having coughed up a last minute loss to Fordham and almost choked on a Leopard hairball. Up to Lehigh to pull the plug on what was once a potential championship run. Mountain Hawks will be focused and, surprisingly, move the ball. Lehigh 34-20.

'gate has a win under it's belt and looks to be a spoiler, so it's 'fittin' that the site of an upset be in Woostah. Colgate 27-24.

Leotards are starting to stretch, but do they have any runs in them? I see this as a toss-up. Bucky has shown some offensive life, while Laughyette's D has played tough of late. Don't want to see 'pards enter #155 winless as that provides too much ironic motivation, so the Spotted Pussies prevail, 16-15.

van
October 21st, 2019, 01:30 PM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH, like the home team here with a smart game plan to control Johnson running and blanket coverage on Tomas, especially if the injured Hoyas on D are still out

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS, Crossers are pretty good and raiders are not

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE, if the Pards don't quit I like their chances in this one

Ivytalk
October 21st, 2019, 05:11 PM
GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH, like the home team here with a smart game plan to control Johnson running and blanket coverage on Tomas, especially if the injured Hoyas on D are still out

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS, Crossers are pretty good and raiders are not

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE, if the Pards don't quit I like their chances in this one
I agree with these picks. Pulling for Laffy to get one.

Bill
October 21st, 2019, 05:25 PM

this is supposed to be an attempt at light humor, but I can't get a copy of this Chicago picture to post correctly!

kdinva
October 21st, 2019, 06:35 PM
Lehigh
Holy Cross
Lafayette

+1

TheValleyRaider
October 21st, 2019, 08:30 PM
4-1 on the week, and for once the 1 wasn't the good guys :). 31-14 for the season, but only 2-4 picking PL games

Georgetown at Lehigh Lehigh I don't like doing this, but I'm feeling a Lehigh team that is suddenly pulling themselves together against a Hoya side that, while improving, I don't yet trust to win the big game. And this, at least in the context of the Patriot League, is a big one.

Colgate at Holy Cross Colgate The Raiders are back, baby! That's how this works, right? One win turns it all around, yeah?

Bucknell at Lafayette Bucknell Don't feel so certain about this game. Going to take the Bison here, as they at least have put together a good performance and gotten a win, while the Leopards are still working. I do pause with the game being in Easton, but not for long enough to change.

carney2
October 22nd, 2019, 08:19 AM
An all homers weekend:

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH - Don't know what it takes to be a Hoya believer, but I'm not there yet.

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS​ - One win does not a season make. 'gate needs to do some serious off-season soul searching.

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE - Sagarin likes the Pards, so why not? The Bottom Feeder Bowl and probably Lafayette's last best hope for a W.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2019, 10:09 AM
People here seem to mostly believe that Lehigh is going to coast over Georgetown, but that is an enormous mistake. I sense like the Colgate and Fordham games, this will come down to the wire as well. I don't think any Patriot League team is 2 TDs better than any other.

ngineer
October 22nd, 2019, 11:29 AM
Don't disagree that Georgetown is formidable and could well beat Lehigh. However, based upon the past two weeks, I am seeing continued improvement by Lehigh, and not so much from Georgetown. These last two wins, I think, are giving these young guys more confidence and I am seeing a cohesiveness and intensity that has not been seen the past two years. Hence, my 'vibe' of a solid win and not just getting by.

RichH2
October 22nd, 2019, 12:16 PM
People here seem to mostly believe that Lehigh is going to coast over Georgetown, but that is an enormous mistake. I sense like the Colgate and Fordham games, this will come down to the wire as well. I don't think any Patriot League team is 2 TDs better than any other.

True . There are no heavy favorites in any PL game right now. Hoyas will be a tough game. They are disciplined if not quite as deep or athletic as Fordham. That said Lehigh has improved steadily all season particularly on D. Hoya's have 2 weapons on O. Tomas and a running QB. They rely on their stout D to win games. Matching up.Lehigh D should control Hoyas on offense and our offense should edge out their D.

Sader87
October 22nd, 2019, 02:04 PM
First real intra-PL week...I think we may learn more about the 6 teams playing, vis a vis being PL contendahs, but than again we probably won't. :)

Each week henceforth will probably be a crap-shoot....might not make for sterling football but it'll be interesting if nothing else.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 22nd, 2019, 02:44 PM

I agree this won't be a walk in the park. My confidence in Lehigh lies in their domination of the Hoyas. I know Georgetown won last year but prior to that the Mountain Hawks never lost to them in PL play. And it took OT against a mess of a Lehigh team. I have a hard time seeing Lehigh losing to them two years in a row. The second of which being at Goodman.

Sader87
October 22nd, 2019, 03:20 PM
Early offshore lines:

Hoyas -3
Leopards -6.5
Crusaders -9

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 22nd, 2019, 04:27 PM
Appears Lehigh's starting quarterback, Tyler Monaco, is out for the Georgetown game? He got injured late in the 4th quarter against Fordham. Addison Shoup will get the nod. He's played well when give the chance in key situations (St. Francis, Merrimack, Fordham) this season. He's a much better runner than Monaco and seems solid throwing the ball. How he adjusts to the Hoya D will obviously be key. I don't see this making much of a difference. Monaco had been an reasonable game manager type.

van
October 22nd, 2019, 06:08 PM
Appears Lehigh's starting quarterback, Tyler Monaco, is out for the Georgetown game? He got injured late in the 4th quarter against Fordham. Addison Shoup will get the nod. He's played well when give the chance in key situations (St. Francis, Merrimack, Fordham) this season. He's a much better runner than Monaco and seems solid throwing the ball. How he adjusts to the Hoya D will obviously be key. I don't see this making much of a difference. Monaco had been an reasonable game manager type.
On the one hand, Shoup has done well in spot duty, on the other hand Shoup has only seen spot duty, not sure if my glass is half full or half empty, at any rate, our O should look different this week

ngineer
October 22nd, 2019, 10:47 PM
On the one hand, Shoup has done well in spot duty, on the other hand Shoup has only seen spot duty, not sure if my glass is half full or half empty, at any rate, our O should look different this week
Hopefully, the running game picks it up a notch this week. Perfect time for "Shoup to shine" and show his can be 'the man' next year, if not the balance of this year. Great award for Woetzel being named FCS Defensive Player of the Week. He's really become a presence all over the field.

PAllen
October 23rd, 2019, 03:38 PM

That may not be a bad thing.

Son of Eli
October 24th, 2019, 07:48 AM
Georgetown, Holy Cross, Lafayette

RichH2
October 24th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Hopefully, the running game picks it up a notch this week. Perfect time for "Shoup to shine" and show his can be 'the man' next year, if not the balance of this year. Great award for Woetzel being named FCS Defensive Player of the Week. He's really become a presence all over the field.

Monaco is a day to day situation. Per Groller in the Call, a painful but minor leg injury. Tommy G noted Monaco has yet to practice as of yesterday. We may see all 3 QBs on Saturday. :)

Fordham
October 24th, 2019, 09:14 AM
I agree this won't be a walk in the park. My confidence in Lehigh lies in their domination of the Hoyas. I know Georgetown won last year but prior to that the Mountain Hawks never lost to them in PL play. And it took OT against a mess of a Lehigh team. I have a hard time seeing Lehigh losing to them two years in a row. The second of which being at Goodman.

I think that history is irrelevant. Gtown D is the real D imo. This game will come down to whether or not Gtown can put some points on the board since their O is mediocre as well as the obvious turnovers/ST's plays. Having seen both teams I was more impressed with Gtown; however, interesting things happen when teams with new coaches start to build confidence so it wouldn't be shocking to see Lehigh win, even convincingly.

Sader87
October 24th, 2019, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't be the slightest surprised if any of these games went either way....for good or bad, I really don't think you can say that about any other FBS or FCS league play in America this weekend.

ngineer
October 24th, 2019, 04:08 PM
While not the most talented league, the PL is probably the most even balanced in terms of parity.

Sader87
October 24th, 2019, 04:12 PM
While not the most talented league, the PL is probably the most even balanced in terms of parity.

Question being though, is this a good thing or basically just what the Presidents of the PL schools want???

ngineer
October 24th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Question being though, is this a good thing or basically just what the Presidents of the PL schools want???

My hunch is that it is what they like. No one would turn away more talent, but the fact that the schools are usually competitive is what collegiate athletics is supposed to be about. Not a money making business as is the case with many of the FBS variety.

SUPharmacist
October 24th, 2019, 08:45 PM
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Bucknell

RichH2
October 25th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Holy Cross
Lafayette. Bison are starting to show some glimmers but Pards even with The Garrett have a better team.
Lehigh. On paper Hoyas should eke out a W. Lehigh coming in dinged up but LU D should control this game. Another OT game a definite possibility.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 25th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Holy Cross 27 Colgate 17 - The Crusaders are simply the more sound team. Their defense should be able to contain Breneman and company.
Lafayette 24 Bucknell 21 - The Leopards have generally been competitive this season. That can't be said for the Bison. Garrett desperately needs this one....
Lehigh 16 Geogetown 13 - This should be a low scoring slugfest. Both defenses are well ahead of the offenses. I trust Lehigh to generate some chunk plays and be able to get points when the opportunity arises.

Leopard Loyalist
October 25th, 2019, 12:49 PM
I think I will go with the home teams across the board.

GEORGETOWN @ LEHIGH

COLGATE @ HOLY CROSS

BUCKNELL @ LAFAYETTE

Colgate TD
October 25th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Colgate wins, 21-17
Lehigh wins, 35-28
Lafayette wins. 27-7

ngineer
October 25th, 2019, 10:42 PM
Colgate wins, 21-17
Lehigh wins, 35-28
Lafayette wins. 27-7

Wow...a high scoring affair with two teams that have exhibited offensive woes this here.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 11:18 AM
About 10 minutes to kickoff at Goodman.

Any word on who's starting at QB for Lehigh? I'm comfortable with both as long as Monaco is truly healthy.
The new permanent video board is making it's debut!! Now we just need lights!!

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Monaco starting
Wilson back at CB. Spencer out

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 11:37 AM
NG Tate out and Moultrie RB both out for GU

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Lehigh with a solid drive to start the game. Ends in a FG

Lehigh 3-0 5:19 1Q

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Crowd still filing in from tailgate.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 11:59 AM
TD Lehigh! Hill with a 34 yard TD run!! Lehigh looks real good in the 1st quarter....

Lehigh 10-0 1:16 1Q

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 12:01 PM
10-0 Lehigh. Hill on a 32 yd TD run

DFW HOYA
October 26th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Hoyas look tired. Losing Khristian Tate for the season isn't helping.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Lehigh 10 Georgetown 0 End 1Q

That might be the best quarter of football I've seen Lehigh play in 3 years.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Crowd still filing in from tailgate.

Crowd looks really good!

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 12:20 PM
OL getting pushed back now. Hoya D showing up strong now. So is LU D tho.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 12:21 PM
OL getting pushed back now. Hoya D showing up strong now. So is LU D tho.

The Hoya front 7 woke up. Lehigh OL getting pushed around. Crazy how quickly things can change....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Hoya's with a short FG....

Lehigh 10-3 1:08 2Q

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 12:36 PM
LU still has troubles getting 3rd down stops. Too many pealties for us.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Lehigh with a ton of penalties but their defense is standing strong. Hoya's did some good things in the second quarter. Their defense controlled play....

Lehigh 10-3 Half

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Nice crowd in Worcester too. PL football being well repped in the stands today which is a welcomed sight....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Gilmore has been very "Gilmoresque" today. Constantly talking on the headset and getting after the refs a bit.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:09 PM
TD Holy Cross on great pass and catch!

14-3 Crusaders 3;50 2Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:13 PM
TD Hoyas on a real impressive drive! But they miss the XP!! The Hoyas have completely dominated since Lehigh played lights out in the first quarter.

Lehigh 10-9 10:15 3Q

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 01:15 PM
3rd periods are worst so far this year. We are living down to our avg. O and D hapless so far.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Lehigh needs to stretch the field. They're playing in a 10-15 yard box and the Hoyas are eating it up....

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 01:17 PM
We best wake up soon or we will give this game away.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:19 PM
We best wake up soon or we will give this game away.

They had success running right at Georgetown and mixing in some different pass plays. Now everything is to the sidelines.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:22 PM
HC just scored before half. Degenhardt and his WR's are carving up the Raider defense.

21-3 Half

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure if Lehigh's offense is going to get another first down let alone score. Monaco is basically a sitting duck with his lack of mobility.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Hoyas with a great pass and catch for a TD! They deserve to be leading...

Georgetown 16-10 4:23 3Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:38 PM
Lehigh back to attacking the middle of the field and they're having success. This is a huge drive. Need points....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Lehigh's goal line offense is atrocious. 1st and goal at the 1 and now it's 3rd and goal at the 14 due to ineptitude. They had Georgetown completely on their heels. For whatever reason a QB sneak is not in the Lehigh playbook.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Lehigh scores on 4th and goal from the 1! Huge play on 3rd down to give themselves a chance...

Hawks 17-16 14:11 4Q

Sader87
October 26th, 2019, 02:00 PM
HC 28-3 mid 3rd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Lehigh with an awesome drive to take an 8 point lead on the Hoyas. This has been a weird game. Lehigh has dominated the 1st and 4th quarters while the Hoyas won the middle two.

Lehigh 24-16 2:55 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Derius with a 72 yard TD catch on 4th and 4! wow!! 2 pt conversion good!

24-24 all.....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Lehigh inside the Hoya 10!!

Sader87
October 26th, 2019, 02:17 PM
HC 31-3 late 3rd

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Lehigh wins on a walk-off FG!! What a great game! The stage is set for next week!!

Lehigh 27 Georgetown 24 Final

700th all-time win for Lehigh!

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 02:26 PM
What a game!! 3rd in a row we've won on the last play. Great crowd, clutch play by O in the 4th period.

van
October 26th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Kardiac Kids

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 02:31 PM
What a game!! 3rd in a row we've won on the last play. Great crowd, clutch play by O in the 4th period.

Lehigh's offense is soo much better when it's attacking. They have big play ability. Gunther Johnson and Derius played a great game. Lehigh just a few more options on "O"...

Sader87
October 26th, 2019, 02:39 PM
HC D making a statement today....pretty much shutdown Colgate completely

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 02:45 PM
HC D making a statement today....pretty much shutdown Colgate completely

Colgate was lucky to win last week. It's all about next Saturday at Goodman! Going to be an interesting week of banter. The local media in the Lehigh Valley and Worcester should eat it up.....

RichH2
October 26th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Lehigh's offense is soo much better when it's attacking. They have big play ability. Gunther Johnson and Derius played a great game. Lehigh just a few more options on "O"...

Yup. D did take Tomas away and Gunther's runs . one blown coverage. Agreed our O is much much better when attacking. Monaco was very good today. Only 2 bad passes. Made his reads Both frosh RBs are clutchbplayers. OL for some reason plays well in the 4th quarter.
Next week a Title game. Gonna be a fun week.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Lafayette 7 Bucknell 0 8:00 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 03:02 PM
TD Bison!!

7-7 7:05 1Q

Sader87
October 26th, 2019, 03:06 PM
31-10 F and it really wasn't that close....best overall performance by HC this year.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 03:45 PM
TD Bison!

Bucknell 14-7 3:23 2Q

crusader11
October 26th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Best guess at what the line will be for HC - Lehigh?

My guess is HC -4.5

crusader11
October 26th, 2019, 03:54 PM
10,900 at Fitton this afternoon. Wow.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Bucknell 14 Lafayette 7 Half

The Leopards are just so hapless. It's like Garrett's primary goal is to capture a moral victory. Lafayette rarely gets blown out. They just never actually win.....

Colgate TD
October 26th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Colgate: from the penthouse to the basement in two seasons....sad...

crusader11
October 26th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Colgate: from the penthouse to the basement in two seasons....sad...

Didn’t really look like Colgate had much interest in playing today.

van
October 26th, 2019, 04:30 PM
going for the #1 draft pick?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 05:10 PM
TD Pards!

Bison 17-14 11:40 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 05:18 PM
TD Lafayette!! 42 yard TD run for Simpson. Drive was setup by a forced fumble on a big hit....

'Pards 21-17 6:58 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 26th, 2019, 05:40 PM
The 'Pards win! The 10 game losing streak is over!

Lafayette 21 Bucknell 17 Final

ngineer
October 26th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Lehigh wins on a walk-off FG!! What a great game! The stage is set for next week!!

Lehigh 27 Georgetown 24 Final

700th all-time win for Lehigh!
Wow. Wasn't aware of that. Considering our record was so pitiful up until the late 40's, and the horrid desert years in the 1960's, it is quite an accomplishment.

ngineer
October 26th, 2019, 07:11 PM
The 'Pards win! The 10 game losing streak is over!

Lafayette 21 Bucknell 17 Final

I was picking and hoping the Leotards would finally win one so they wouldn't come into #155 with their motivation of avoiding a bagel for the season in wins.

ngineer
October 26th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Yup. D did take Tomas away and Gunther's runs . one blown coverage. Agreed our O is much much better when attacking. Monaco was very good today. Only 2 bad passes. Made his reads Both frosh RBs are clutchbplayers. OL for some reason plays well in the 4th quarter.
Next week a Title game. Gonna be a fun week.

Yes, not only the records but the fact that the seniors and juniors on HC's team were recruited by Gilmore. Gonna be a lot of emotion on both sidelines.

Southsider
October 27th, 2019, 05:57 AM
Boy, Gtown defense is good, really good! LU went about a quarter and a half with, by my count, negative 9 yards. The Gtown receiver getting behind 2 LU defenders on the long bomb was inexcusable in that situation. Coaching! But, great win. I must say, the new video board has exceeded my expectation. Very good crowd. Hope it is duplicated next Saturday.

van
October 27th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Boy, Gtown defense is good, really good! LU went about a quarter and a half with, by my count, negative 9 yards. The Gtown receiver getting behind 2 LU defenders on the long bomb was inexcusable in that situation. Coaching! But, great win. I must say, the new video board has exceeded my expectation. Very good crowd. Hope it is duplicated next Saturday.that long bomb had nothing to do with coaching, CB was ball hawking and got burned, not sure if it is the same QB that got burned by St Francis but a SR should not make that mistake

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 27th, 2019, 08:31 AM
that long bomb had nothing to do with coaching, CB was ball hawking and got burned, not sure if it is the same QB that got burned by St Francis but a SR should not make that mistake

Losing Floyd to the targeting call didn't help. Does he have to sit out the first half against HC due to the penalty happening in the final 30 against Georgetown?

Lehigh is definitely playing with house money next week. No one expected them to be seriously contend this season. Even if they lose, 7-4 and perhaps a co-championship is still well within reach. After everything the program has been through the last 15 months that would be a helluva season. Holy Cross was suppose to be a threat and some even had them as the favorite despite Colgate's success last season. The Crusader program desperately needs to get over the hump. This is a golden opportunity.

RichH2
October 27th, 2019, 10:46 AM
that long bomb had nothing to do with coaching, CB was ball hawking and got burned, not sure if it is the same QB that got burned by St Francis but a SR should not make that mistake

Lehigh was in a 2 high coverage. CB got toasted but S was out of position and late picking up GU receiver.

ngineer
October 27th, 2019, 07:31 PM
Lehigh was in a 2 high coverage. CB got toasted but S was out of position and late picking up GU receiver.

Was that Floyd's side? Not sure who the CB was on that side. Regardless, doesn't matter, even in high school on should know what the primary goal is...keep everything in front!

I am afraid, Floyd will have to sit the first half on Saturday. Look for the Crusaders to try and exploit that.

RichH2
October 27th, 2019, 09:44 PM
Wilson was the CB on that side. Buckrham the S.

Fordham
October 28th, 2019, 05:46 AM
Congrats Lehigh! That was a great game. Lehigh having a magical season. Nothing better than having your team exceed expectations and a good sign of the character of the team that they don't just hang in there until the end of games but find ways to win the really tight ones.

Not sure what Gtown brings back next year but wonder if this is some sort of pinnacle for them or they will continue to ascend? Brutal last minute losses to us and Lehigh this year. Their D is legit as PL standards go. I wonder if they missed their chance to win the league this year or if they'll be in the mix again next year?

van
October 28th, 2019, 05:51 AM
Hoyas fairly young team, QB and stud D lineman both seniors though as well as WR that torched us so some quality guys leaving

ngineer
October 28th, 2019, 01:11 PM
I think Hoyas will be competitive next year. Everyone loses a few stars each year. Goes with the territory of college sports. Especially when you have a good defensive base, you are going to be 'sniffing' around in each game. Getting more quality offensive players, than just a couple, is their key to getting to the next level.

ngineer
October 28th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Congrats Lehigh! That was a great game. Lehigh having a magical season. Nothing better than having your team exceed expectations and a good sign of the character of the team that they don't just hang in there until the end of games but find ways to win the really tight ones.

Not sure what Gtown brings back next year but wonder if this is some sort of pinnacle for them or they will continue to ascend? Brutal last minute losses to us and Lehigh this year. Their D is legit as PL standards go. I wonder if they missed their chance to win the league this year or if they'll be in the mix again next year?

So far, so good. For a very young team in a coaching transition and a short squad, this has been wonderful to see. After the 0-3 start, the makings of a disaster were there, but the coaches got them focused on 'one game at a time' and you can see that they have bought in. I imagine there are a few seniors sitting in their apartments watching this and kicking themselves in the ass for quitting. Holy Cross will be tough. It's good that is home this year. Bucknell and Laughyette will be interesting games in their own right. No gimmees at all. Indeed, expect us to be in each one here on out, even if we don't pull it off...but we can!