PDA

View Full Version : ESPN GameDay to Brookings for #1 NDSU @ # 3 SDSU?

CappinHard
October 20th, 2019, 11:18 AM
So, I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I feel like the longer they take to announce next week's location, the greater the chances are that they're coming to Brookings. If they were going to still go to Ohio State even though Wisconsin lost, they would have already announced it. Same with Notre Dame/Michigan imo. I don't think they'll go back to LSU since they were there last week, plus they would have announced that already. Is this going to happen?

katss07
October 20th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Doubt it. More likely if it was in Fargo, but I hope it happens. Would be great exposure for the FCS!

RabidRabbit
October 20th, 2019, 11:36 AM
If there is ever a day & game for Gameday to come to Brookings - This is it.

Absolutely no knowledge, but this is as solid as the JMU/Richmond broadcast. A long history, a trophy game, the most successful team vs the Bizun this decade (at 2-10!) and we'd have good crowds from both schools.

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 11:44 AM
If there is ever a day & game for Gameday to come to Brookings - This is it.

Absolutely no knowledge, but this is as solid as the JMU/Richmond broadcast. A long history, a trophy game, the most successful team vs the Bizun this decade (at 2-10!) and we'd have good crowds from both schools.Supposed to be in the 50's with no rain next Saturday, it would be awesome to hear "**** the Bison" or "Buck the Fison" for three hours from your rube fans. :D Priceless.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2019, 11:45 AM
So, I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I feel like the longer they take to announce next week's location, the greater the chances are that they're coming to Brookings. If they were going to still go to Ohio State even though Wisconsin lost, they would have already announced it. Same with Notre Dame/Michigan imo. I don't think they'll go back to LSU since they were there last week, plus they would have announced that already. Is this going to happen?
Not the craziest notion out there especially after losses by Wisconsin and Michigan made the two best FBS options not look as good like you said.

I think it would be great if it did happen... we'll see if it does happen.

grayghost06
October 20th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Would love to see ESPN broadcast there for College GameDay. Be great exposure for FCS football. Not that matters since they're not showing the game, but curious if SDSU routinely sells out their big games?

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Would love to see ESPN broadcast there for College GameDay. Be great exposure for FCS football. Not that matters since they're not showing the game, but curious if SDSU routinely sells out their big games?This will be a sell-out for sure. They built their stadium to accommodate the NDSU fans every other year. xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2019, 12:11 PM
This will be a sell-out for sure. They built their stadium to accommodate the NDSU fans every other year. xcoffeex

https://media2.giphy.com/media/wHAXQpoDZ7WEM/source.gif

CappinHard
October 20th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Would love to see ESPN broadcast there for College GameDay. Be great exposure for FCS football. Not that matters since they're not showing the game, but curious if SDSU routinely sells out their big games?

It will be a sell out with a lot of green. Our stadium is too big for just SDSU fan's needs right now, but it was built for the future.

jmufan999
October 20th, 2019, 12:25 PM
both times we hosted, we had word before noon Eastern on Sunday. one year was about 10:30, one year was about 11:30. you are correct, though, that the longer the wait to an announcement, the more likely you are to be getting it.

mvfcfan
October 20th, 2019, 12:33 PM
I hope it goes to SDSU. This is the biggest game in FCS in a long time. The winner likely gets a top 2 seed in the playoffs for sure. If NDSU loses they might have to go on the road in the semifinals (maybe at JMU) which would be a very interesting game.

ming01
October 20th, 2019, 12:56 PM

Also apparently Wisky vs OSU is at 11:00 central.

Harvard-Princeton is a short drive for them from Penn St. Princeton is undefeated.

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 01:00 PM
I will be shocked if it isn't Harvard/Princeton.

Sader87
October 20th, 2019, 01:04 PM
I'm sure ESPN would do anything to garner the prized markets of North and South Dakota.

BisonFan02
October 20th, 2019, 01:05 PM
I'm sure ESPN would do anything to garner the prized markets of North and South Dakota.

You guys are still here?

Bisonoline
October 20th, 2019, 01:06 PM

They have been to Fargo TWICE. So how many times have they been to HC???? If you didnt know it this is a STFU moment for you.xnodx

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Wow, this is stupid and apparently clueless

Preferred Walk-On
October 20th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Wow, this is stupid and classless.

FIFY

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 20th, 2019, 01:23 PM

I'm looking forward to my trip to Fargo in 3 weeks. xcoffeex

mvfcfan
October 20th, 2019, 02:06 PM

This comment sounds like something that would come straight from the MVCFANS board. Both Fargo and Sioux Falls have well over a 100K in their metro areas. While SDSU isn't technically in SF it is very close, and the XDSU's are the schools to root for in their respective states.

Schism55
October 20th, 2019, 02:31 PM
https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1186001257917489152
Holy ****!!!

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2019, 02:31 PM
ITS HAPPENING!

Drblankstare
October 20th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Very cool, weather looks decent too. Looking forward to it.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Nice!!!!

Corso is gonna look great in that Bison head at about 10:55AM next Saturday. :D

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Thats nuts. I would never have thought they would go to this game. The S.D. meth dealers will be pleased. :)

No_Skill
October 20th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Thoughts on the guest picker? Vinatieri?

TheValleyRaider
October 20th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Very cool. Put on a show Jacks xthumbsupx

sgt smash
October 20th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Sader87?

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 02:51 PM

Probably Vinatieri, but I would pay to see Tomi Lahren do it just to watch heads explode.
Maybe Brock Lesnar.

TheKingpin28

I would have gone with Langer (RIP), but Vinatieri is playing the next day in the NFL. What about Zach Zenner? Then we can show the rest of college football what a Zenner is. xlolx

katss07
Awesome! Congrats Jackrabbit fans, y’all deserve to be on the show. All these FBSers complaining about the choice by ESPN will be shocked to see such an great crowd in Brookings!

And it should be a great game too!

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 02:53 PM
No pressure SDSU. Dont **** this up.

TheKingpin28
October 20th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Sader87?

xbowx

dewey
October 20th, 2019, 02:57 PM
You're welcome SDSU:D

....I am glad we can boost your program up.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 02:58 PM
I'm sure ESPN would do anything to garner the prized markets of North and South Dakota.Suck a dick you elitist east coast douche bag. :D

Sorry, I just couldn't stay classy about it and that is so unlike me.

BisonFan02

How bout dem apples?

Huh?!

Lorne_Malvo
You're welcome SDSU:D

....I am glad we can boost your program up.

Dewey

We can only take 50% credit.

I wonder when the JMU butthurt begins. They are not going to take this news well I suspect.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 20th, 2019, 02:59 PM
They often just go with people who were born/have ties to South Dakota. I could see someone like Brock Lesner being the celebrity picker....

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Suck a dick you elitist east coast douche bag. :D

Sorry, I just couldn't stay classy about it and that is so unlike me.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jg317S9s8wE/hqdefault.jpg

IBleedYellow
October 20th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Alrighty boys. Time to go watch Corso put on a Bison head. Watch the Bison win and make this one hell of a party!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 03:01 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jg317S9s8wE/hqdefault.jpgI am getting my game face on early dude. We got 6 more days of this.

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 03:06 PM
I am getting my game face on early dude. We got 6 more days of this.

Crank it up!

BigGoosie13
October 20th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Thoughts on the guest picker? Vinatieri?My early predicition is Chad Greenway.

IBleedYellow
October 20th, 2019, 03:08 PM
My early predicition is Chad Greenway.That's a good guess.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Wonder where they'll set up? By the bell tower maybe? I'd think it would have to be on campus somewhere.

JayJ79
October 20th, 2019, 03:18 PM
They could bring in a guest picker that has absolutely no connection whatsoever with either school (or either state).
That's what they did at Iowa State.

But will you guys be able to raise 3 million dollars for a worthy charity like that one Iowa State fan did (asking for beer money, then raising millions of dollars for a childrens hospital)?

Lorne_Malvo
October 20th, 2019, 03:19 PM
But will you guys be able to raise 3 million dollars for a worthy charity like that one Iowa State fan did (asking for beer money, then raising millions of dollars for a childrens hospital)?

Are you aware of the cluster **** that was set in motion by that whole thing?

JayJ79
October 20th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Are you aware of the cluster **** that was set in motion by that whole thing?
that was all the newspaper's fault.

Derby City Duke
October 20th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Awesome for SDSU! Best D-1 game this week. Enjoy the spectacle!

Derby City Duke
October 20th, 2019, 04:04 PM
We can only take 50% credit.

I wonder when the JMU butthurt begins. They are not going to take this news well I suspect.

Why would we be pissed? Great game in Brookings; the Dukes have Towson. If Harrisonburg was going to have a shot it would’ve been last weekend against Nova. Hard to beat out unbeatens in Florida and LSU.

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Nothing but best wishes to all of you Dakota motherhumpers — North and South— as you prepare for next week’s festivities. Have fun, and represent the FCS well. Just apply a healthy dose of Lysol to the Bison mask that old man Corso puts on.

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 04:40 PM
They could bring in a guest picker that has absolutely no connection whatsoever with either school (or either state).
That's what they did at Iowa State.

But will you guys be able to raise 3 million dollars for a worthy charity like that one Iowa State fan did (asking for beer money, then raising millions of dollars for a childrens hospital)?Given this is going to be at SDSU, maybe they should raise funds for antibiotics for Chlamydia or something.

bwbear
October 20th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Glad ESPN is giving the FCS some love. Going to have to stream this one while tailgating.

SDSU fans, what kind of crowd do y’all think you will bring for this?

Laker
October 20th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Adam Vinatieri@adamvinatieri16m
Replying to @argusmattz @benmeyerink and 2 others

I'll be there in spirit!! Go Jacks

RabidRabbit
October 20th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Glad ESPN is giving the FCS some love. Going to have to stream this one while tailgating.

If we sell to the Bison crowd, it'll be standing room only in the 19.5K capacity stadium.

- - - Updated - - -

If we sell to the Bison crowd, it'll be standing room only in the 19.5K capacity stadium.

mvfcfan
October 20th, 2019, 04:59 PM
Everyone keeps saying Corso is going to put on the Bison mask, but I wouldn't be so sure of that. I know the sample size is small, but have they ever gone to an FCS game and not picked the home team to win? At this point I think which mask he puts on is 50/50. I know Minnesota isn't great, but SDSU had them beat and I think the ESPN crew probably has a higher opinion of MN than most on this board, especially with them being undefeated still.

mvfcfan
October 20th, 2019, 05:04 PM

- - - Updated - - -

When Indiana State has hosted the IU Hoosiers in basketball in the past we made tickets available at the Hulman Center (our arena) box office only, so that we had home court advantage and to make it more difficult for IU fans in Bloomington to grab them all up. In this case doing something similar to that probably wouldn't be a bad move. It will sell out either way, so why not?

IBleedYellow
October 20th, 2019, 05:08 PM

- - - Updated - - -

If we sell to the Bison crowd, it'll be standing room only in the 19.5K capacity stadium.You've been selling to the Bison crowd since August 1st, my dude.

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 05:09 PM
When Indiana State has hosted the IU Hoosiers in basketball in the past we made tickets available at the Hulman Center (our arena) box office only, so that we had home court advantage and to make it more difficult for IU fans in Bloomington to grab them all up. In this case doing something similar to that probably wouldn't be a bad move. It will sell out either way, so why not?Here is what will be a problem for the attendance, both these colleges are Ag Schools and we have had very bad weather up here and harvest is way behind, if the weather is decent, guys will be humping to get the crop off. Lots of alumni are in the Ag business.

I still think attendance at this will be great and this ESPN thing will help.

Gil Dobie
October 20th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Lessner, Mike Miller, Billy Mills or Kevin Costner as guest picker.

Herdistheword
October 20th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Awesome for SDSU! Best D-1 game this week. Enjoy the spectacle!

Outside of the championship, this could be the best FCS game all year. I am so glad this rivalry can finally get the showcase that it deserves.

POD Knows
October 20th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Outside of the championship, this could be the best FCS game all year. I am so glad this rivalry can finally get the showcase that it deserves.This is the De Facto National Championship. xcoffeex

BisonFan02
October 20th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Here is what will be a problem for the attendance, both these colleges are Ag Schools and we have had very bad weather up here and harvest is way behind, if the weather is decent, guys will be humping to get the crop off. Lots of alumni are in the Ag business.

I still think attendance at this will be great and this ESPN thing will help.

This. It has been a brutal fall.

McNeese75
October 20th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Congrats to both Schools. This is big xnodx

Hammerhead
October 20th, 2019, 06:10 PM
The crowd is pretty small at many schools, especially if they have a night game. I foresee lots of fans at the she show if it’s close to the stadium.
Awesome! Congrats Jackrabbit fans, y’all deserve to be on the show. All these FBSers complaining about the choice by ESPN will be shocked to see such an great crowd in Brookings!

And it should be a great game too!

Thundar
October 20th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Lessner, Mike Miller, Billy Mills or Kevin Costner as guest picker.

Lesner - U of Minnesota
Costner - Cal-Fullerton Alum
Mills - U of Kansas Alum

highly doubt its anyone not tied to SDSU

Laker
October 20th, 2019, 06:21 PM
This. It has been a brutal fall.

My brother would have been going to the Mav game yesterday in Mankato if it was raining. But it was nice so he stayed home to combine beans. Rain predicted again tonight, the sugar beet trucks have created a constant dust cloud from driving back and forth on the gravel road.

I gave him a report on the game when I got back home...........

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2019, 06:24 PM
They actually sold single game tickets to anyone who wanted to buy them starting on 8/1 this along with all the other games unlike 2 years ago when they played games to try to freeze out Bison fans. They did "jack" the ticket price up to $65-$75 each for the NDSU game (I believe the next most expensive game was $35-$45 each). I just looked and there's maybe a couple hundred tickets left with a good chuck of them being in the "family pack" section. So they'll get 19k+ tickets sold for this game if you include student tickets which should get SDSU a nice little gate... probably more than their first 3 games combined when you factor in ticket price. I will admit that their ticket policy made more sense this time around than it did two years ago.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 20th, 2019, 06:39 PM
This is the De Facto National Championship. xcoffeex

This here.

Plus there will be another game later between them in the year....xnodx

Evolution Prime
October 20th, 2019, 06:41 PM
I think charging a premium for this game allowed us to lower ticket prices for other games. The Marker game was going to be well attended regardless of price.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 20th, 2019, 06:45 PM
I think charging a premium for this game allowed us to lower ticket prices for other games. The Marker game was going to be well attended regardless of price.

Does SDSU have SRO tickets?

If they do, this game could go north of 20K.

mmiller_34
October 20th, 2019, 07:05 PM

I don’t believe so

McCowboys
October 20th, 2019, 07:12 PM
https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1186001257917489152

IBleedYellow
October 20th, 2019, 07:15 PM
Holy **** I didn't even think about how awesome it'll be for ESPN to cover the History of both these programs during the Marker Rivalry.

Moving up to D1 together. Killing each other's seasons Basically getting more and more angry with each other every year.

Glorious.

JacksFan40
October 20th, 2019, 09:18 PM
Everyone keeps saying Corso is going to put on the Bison mask, but I wouldn't be so sure of that. I know the sample size is small, but have they ever gone to an FCS game and not picked the home team to win? At this point I think which mask he puts on is 50/50. I know Minnesota isn't great, but SDSU had them beat and I think the ESPN crew probably has a higher opinion of MN than most on this board, especially with them being undefeated still.
Minnesota is 7-0 with a good shot at 10 wins or more.

JacksFan40
October 20th, 2019, 09:19 PM

Coughlin-Alumni did but I don’t think this stadium does, not from what I’ve seen.

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2019, 08:48 AM
1. This is huge. I'm glad it worked out with some of the FBS options losing and this game being so important to the FCS landscape.
2. I'm sure it'll be a complete sellout crowd, although that probably doesn't matter too much to ESPN because they don't usually show the game itself. That'll be over on ESPN+ like most MVFC games.

Good luck to both teams and I hope you represent the FCS and MVFC well.

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 09:12 AM
1. This is huge. I'm glad it worked out with some of the FBS options losing and this game being so important to the FCS landscape.
2. I'm sure it'll be a complete sellout crowd, although that probably doesn't matter too much to ESPN because they don't usually show the game itself. That'll be over on ESPN+ like most MVFC games.

Sometime between late last night and this morning they marked this game as a sellout on SDSU's website. Should be an actual full house this time too not like 2 years ago where it was technically a sell out but I think there was one or two thousand tickets that went unused based on the number of empty seats.

that guy
October 21st, 2019, 11:38 AM
For the sake of every FCS team hoping to get gameday please SDSU don't play that Jackattack crap promo. Gameday will never come back to FCS after that!

gsf23nd
October 21st, 2019, 12:33 PM
Don't understand some of the idiots on twitter complaining that they aren't going to watch the show because they went to an FCS school. Really? They basically just preview college football games. Are the previews better when the stage is on the campus of an SEC school compared to an FCS school?

Bison56
October 21st, 2019, 12:48 PM
Don't understand some of the idiots on twitter complaining that they aren't going to watch the show because they went to an FCS school. Really? They basically just preview college football games. Are the previews better when the stage is on the campus of an SEC school compared to an FCS school?

I have never understood why people get so angry about where it is held.

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 12:55 PM
I have never understood why people get so angry about where it is held.
It's called little man syndrome. They're not getting the reinforcement they need that their "big boy football" team is clearly superior to lowly FCS teams like NDSU and SDSU.

Of course NDSU fans aren't immune to LMS either.... and I'm sure you know the general group of fans I'm referring to. ;)

Laker
October 21st, 2019, 12:56 PM

Mean people suck. They always have to complain about something.

CappinHard
October 21st, 2019, 01:40 PM
Of course NDSU fans aren't immune to LMS either.... and I'm sure you know the general group of fans I'm referring to. ;)

Same. I feel like their 3 letter initials are very similar with the middle one only being 5 letters away in the alphabet.

POD Knows
October 21st, 2019, 01:47 PM
Don't understand some of the idiots on twitter complaining that they aren't going to watch the show because they went to an FCS school. Really? They basically just preview college football games. Are the previews better when the stage is on the campus of an SEC school compared to an FCS school?This, the crowds and energy at some of these big schools sucks balls for CGD. It is a bigger deal for the smaller schools and they turn out.

Herdistheword
October 21st, 2019, 02:30 PM

Unless my recollection is off, I seem to remember the NDSU Gameday games on either ESPN or ESPN2.

Bisonator
October 21st, 2019, 03:04 PM
Unless my recollection is off, I seem to remember the NDSU Gameday games on either ESPN or ESPN2.
Nope. I think they put them on gameplan or ESPN3.

MR. CHICKEN
October 21st, 2019, 03:47 PM
.......LET'S GET ON DUH SIGNS LADS.......NEED UH AGS ONE.......SHOW SOME HUMOR........GET YER COEDS.....IN DUH MOOD................CAN YA'S OUT-DO.....'BAMA...CLEMSON....PENN STATE'S WHITE OUT.........NO PRESSURE BROOKIN'S......COUPLE TINS UH TOUCH-UP PAINT.....LITTLE WEED WHACKIN'........NEED SOMME MASCOT JELL-0 WRESTLIN'......PICK-UP DUH RABBITT POO!.......STUFF LIKE DAT.......BRAWK!

Lorne_Malvo
October 21st, 2019, 06:37 PM
.......LET'S GET ON DUH SIGNS LADS.......NEED UH AGS ONE.......SHOW SOME HUMOR........GET YER COEDS.....IN DUH MOOD................CAN YA'S OUT-DO.....'BAMA...CLEMSON....PENN STATE'S WHITE OUT.........NO PRESSURE BROOKIN'S......COUPLE TINS UH TOUCH-UP PAINT.....LITTLE WEED WHACKIN'........NEED SOMME MASCOT JELL-0 WRESTLIN'......PICK-UP DUH RABBITT POO!.......STUFF LIKE DAT.......BRAWK!

SDSU and NDSU should join forces to only have signs mocking the Gophers.

Derby City Duke
October 21st, 2019, 08:19 PM
SDSU and NDSU should join forces to only have signs mocking the Gophers.

There has to be at least 1 GFCC sign doesn't there?

POD Knows
October 21st, 2019, 08:22 PM
I have never pimped the Bisonville site before but the thread about signs for Gameday is comic freaking gold.

MR. CHICKEN
October 21st, 2019, 09:41 PM
I have never pimped the Bisonville site before but the thread about signs for Gameday is comic freaking gold.

....SPEAKIN' UH PIMPIN'........CARSON COMES OUT...TA MEET DUH PRESS.......FLASHY MAUVE SPORT COAT/BLACK SHIRT/BLACK 'N WHITE TIE.........LIKE HE'S AUDITIONIN'....FO' DUH DUECE.......AWK!

POD Knows
October 21st, 2019, 09:49 PM
....SPEAKIN' UH PIMPIN'........CARSON COMES OUT...TA MEET DUH PRESS.......FLASHY RED SPORT COAT/BLACK SHIRT/BLACK 'N WHITE TIE/PANAMA HAT.........LIKE HE'S AUDITIONIN'....FO' DUH DUECE.......AWK!
He needs to spend less time on fashion and more time on football

Professor Chaos
October 21st, 2019, 10:02 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48939858147_bcc6bc10d2_o.jpg

Schism55
October 21st, 2019, 10:20 PM
Oh man, thanks for the heads up! Haven't been on Bville forever but this thread is a must see. Early fav is the NDSU 6 pack vs SDSU 6 pack....lol!

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2019, 03:12 AM

Nah. The best route would be not even acknowledging either of the UxDs existence at all and reveling in the moment.

ST_Lawson
October 22nd, 2019, 08:14 AM
They should have Eagles teammates Wentz and Goedert on the show to do a live smack talk "debate" about NDSU and SDSU.

WrenFGun
October 22nd, 2019, 08:41 AM
This is so awesome. Congrats!

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2019, 08:43 AM
They should have Eagles teammates Wentz and Goedert on the show to do a live smack talk "debate" about NDSU and SDSU.That would be cool if they had a bye week, which they don't and their team sucks, so they probably need to concentrate on not sucking at the NFL level.

uni88
October 22nd, 2019, 11:07 AM
This is awesome! Congrats to SDSU for hosting! Great game to pick!

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2019, 11:17 AM
Good article from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader highlighting many of the reactions of Gamedays announcement that they'll be going to Brookings from butthurt fans of FBS schools: https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2019/10/21/espn-college-gameday-brookings-south-dakota-twitter-reacts-ndsu-sdsu-jackrabbits-bison/4052205002/

I really hope they all tune in on Saturday because I guaran-damn-tee it'll be a better environment than it would've been at Ohio State for the fifteenth time.

Schism55
October 22nd, 2019, 01:57 PM
https://twitter.com/SDState/status/1186714044503183360

mmiller_34
October 22nd, 2019, 05:22 PM
I like that location with the Campanile in the backdrop. So pumped for this weekend

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2019, 05:35 PM
Great set up for this. Great location!

Derby City Duke
October 22nd, 2019, 08:47 PM
Should be an awesome backdrop on Saturday!

RabidRabbit
October 23rd, 2019, 07:38 AM
Actually a brilliant location. Campanile in background is wonderful, but also pretty well limits the crowd area in front of camera. hundreds will make it look crowded.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2019, 07:40 AM
Actually a brilliant location. Campanile in background is wonderful, but also pretty well limits the crowd area in front of camera. hundreds will make it look crowded.
If it's anything like Gameday in Fargo was, and I think it will be, expect a couple thousand to be there with possibly more.

Serpentor
October 23rd, 2019, 08:35 AM
It will be a sell out with a lot of green. Our stadium is too big for just SDSU fan's needs right now, but it was built for the future.

You, uh, planning on getting an XFL team up there?

Serpentor
October 23rd, 2019, 08:37 AM
Good article from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader highlighting many of the reactions of Gamedays announcement that they'll be going to Brookings from butthurt fans of FBS schools: https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2019/10/21/espn-college-gameday-brookings-south-dakota-twitter-reacts-ndsu-sdsu-jackrabbits-bison/4052205002/

I really hope they all tune in on Saturday because I guaran-damn-tee it'll be a better environment than it would've been at Ohio State for the fifteenth time.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK, YOU FILTHY NON-BUCKEYE HEATHEN!

Hammerhead
October 27th, 2019, 01:45 PM
I noticed an AGS flag towards the back not too far from us our NDSU and MSUM flags. Is the AGS flag at many College Gamedays?

Bisonoline
October 27th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Good crowd for the show. They represented SDSU well. Congrats!

Hammerhead
October 27th, 2019, 03:12 PM
We saw one person wearing a F'Hawker's jacket and that was about it. We flew an MSUM (Minnesota State U. - Moorhead -- Mrs. Hammerhead's alma mater just across the river from Fargo) flag below the Bison flag to make it easier to spot ourselves on the screen and had a few comments from people who were alumni and/or former players.

JayJ79
October 27th, 2019, 06:12 PM
Pat McAfee is always entertaining. Good choice for guest picker, despite having no direct connection to the game/area (only indirectly through Vinatieri)

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Pat McAfee is always entertaining. Good choice for guest picker, despite having no direct connection to the game/area (only indirectly through Vinatieri)
Agreed, one of the better guest pickers they've had IMO.

I want someone to make a t-shirt with this picture illustrated on it that says "you never pick against family" :D

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48971246057_19406286e5_z.jpg

But in all seriousness SDSU and their fans should be super proud in how they represented at this event. They got a bit of a boost from us Bison fans but they wouldn't have needed it. Great atmosphere, great energy, and a great show. Hopefully they can keep it up because they've got a football team/program worth being passionate about.