PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions - Week 8

mvemjsunpx
October 16th, 2019, 09:00 PM
NoDak 31-35 Cal Poly — I wonder if either school regrets the long contract extensions they gave their coaches…

Montana 27-35 Sac — If the Hornet pass rush is like it was against EWU, Dalton Sneed could end up quite sore

Idaho St. 35-38 Idaho — The Bengals win big in their own barn; can they do the same in another barn?

Davis 45-28 Suutah — Davis is probably better than their record; SUU likely isn't

NAU 21-34 Weber — As usual: it'll look ugly, but Weber will win

Portland St. 31-27 NoCo — The weather in Greeley should be surprisingly pleasant this weekend

bonarae
October 16th, 2019, 09:11 PM
Cal Poly
Sacramento State (toss-up, indeed?)
Idaho
UC Davis
Weber State
Portland State

JALMOND
October 17th, 2019, 12:10 AM
57-9 so far as the perfect weekend has been elusive. The conference has been thriving on home cooking for the most part, but there are some games this weekend that could test that theory (or not). Here is my attempt at perfection.

North Dakota at CP---The conference castoffs are making the flight to the Mustangs' field where the Mustangs have looked much better than on the road. Can the road team break through and get a victory here?...CP 31, North Dakota 27.

ISU at UI---The Vandals have looked much better at home than on the road. The Bengals also have been much better at home than on the road. With a game pitting these bitter rivals, can the road team get a win here?...UI 27, ISU 24.

UM at SAC---The Grizzlies had two weeks to prepare for the Hornets, who stole one in Big Sky country last week. In preseason this was a given as a win for the Grizzlies, even on the road. Can they still get a win for the road team?...SAC 30, UM 28.

NAU at WSU---The Lumberjacks also have looked better at home than on the road, but they had two weeks to get ready for this one. The Wildcats have been holding steady. Can the Lumberjacks get this one for the road team?...WSU 38, NAU 17.

PSU at UNC---The Vikings also have been hot at home and cold on the road. The Bears have looked pathetic on the road, but better at home. Not much was expected from the Bears, but they have held serve at home. Can the Vikings get a road win...PSU 21, UNC 14.

UCD at SUU---The Aggies actually have been about the same home and away. So have the Thunderbirds. The difference is the Aggies have had some good moments while the Thunderbirds have looked bad. Can the Aggies steal this road win...UCD 35, SUU 31.

100%GRIZ
October 17th, 2019, 10:22 AM
ND
ISU
GRIZ
WSU
PSU
UCD
booby cats keep going down rankins w/bye

MSUBobcat
October 17th, 2019, 01:20 PM
PSU @ UNC - I have no confidence in the Bears winning another game this year; Vikings by 14. SKOL!
NAU @ BBQ- NAU has Cookus, but Weber has the #1 scoring D and #2 passing defense; Grills by 6
ISU @ UI- At first I was leaning ISU, but UI has beaten EWU at home and hung in with Weber and the Bengals have yet to score more than 20 on the road (albeit against tough competition). Rivalry game goes to the home team. Hos by 3
UND @ CP - a UND fan has been debating with me over if UND struggles are caused by being on the road or by rushing teams; this game is both; team formerly known as Sioux fall by 17
UC-Davis @ SUU - This is the easiest game on the Aggies remaining schedule; losing 1 more game puts them in a precarious position for the playoffs at 7-5, and the still have vs. Weber, vs. MSU and @Sac State; this is a must-win game; Davis by 11
UM @ Sac State - GOTW by far. Looking forward to this slobberknocker Saturday night. Going with the home team by a whisker, maybe even less than 3

Grizzlies82
October 17th, 2019, 01:26 PM
100% and I are on the same page as to the winners.

No Dakota over Poly. Likely a very close game.
Montana over Sac State. On paper looks like Hornets win. Though Griz win.
Idaho State over Idaho. Vandals hard to peg, but they don't appear as good as their southern neighbor.
UC Davis over So Utah. Should be easy win
Weber State over No Arizona. Since playing in Utah it shouldn't be difficult for Weber
Portland St over No Colorado. Vikings also hard to peg. Shouldn't be close yet won't be shocked if Bears win upset here.

GRIZCLAW
October 17th, 2019, 10:09 PM
NDU @ CAL POLY: NDU
ISU @ IDAHO: ISU
NAU @ WEBER: WEBER
UCD @ SOUTHERN UTAH: UCD
PSU @ NORTHERN COLORADO: PSU
MONTANA @ SAC STATE: MONTANA

SUPharmacist
October 17th, 2019, 11:31 PM
Cal Poly
Montana
Idaho
Davis
Weber
Portland St

mvemjsunpx
October 19th, 2019, 02:18 AM
UND @ CP
Spread - F-Hawks by 1
Sagarin - F-Hawks by 2
Massey - 'Stangs by 1

UMT @ SAC
Spread - Griz by 2.5
Sagarin - Griz by 7
Massey - Griz by 3

ISU @ IDA
Spread - Bengals by 6.5
Sagarin - Bengals by 8
Massey - Bengals by 3

UCD @ SUU
Spread - Aggies by 14
Sagarin - Aggies by 14
Massey - Aggies by 14

NAU @ WEB
Spread - Wildcats by 15.5
Sagarin - Wildcats by 14
Massey - Wildcats by 18

PSU @ NOCO
Spread - Viks by 10.5
Sagarin - Viks by 11
Massey - Viks by 9

JALMOND
October 20th, 2019, 12:24 AM
57-9 so far as the perfect weekend has been elusive. The conference has been thriving on home cooking for the most part, but there are some games this weekend that could test that theory (or not). Here is my attempt at perfection.

North Dakota at CP---The conference castoffs are making the flight to the Mustangs' field where the Mustangs have looked much better than on the road. Can the road team break through and get a victory here?...CP 31, North Dakota 27.

ISU at UI---The Vandals have looked much better at home than on the road. The Bengals also have been much better at home than on the road. With a game pitting these bitter rivals, can the road team get a win here?...UI 27, ISU 24.

UM at SAC---The Grizzlies had two weeks to prepare for the Hornets, who stole one in Big Sky country last week. In preseason this was a given as a win for the Grizzlies, even on the road. Can they still get a win for the road team?...SAC 30, UM 28.

NAU at WSU---The Lumberjacks also have looked better at home than on the road, but they had two weeks to get ready for this one. The Wildcats have been holding steady. Can the Lumberjacks get this one for the road team?...WSU 38, NAU 17.

PSU at UNC---The Vikings also have been hot at home and cold on the road. The Bears have looked pathetic on the road, but better at home. Not much was expected from the Bears, but they have held serve at home. Can the Vikings get a road win...PSU 21, UNC 14.

UCD at SUU---The Aggies actually have been about the same home and away. So have the Thunderbirds. The difference is the Aggies have had some good moments while the Thunderbirds have looked bad. Can the Aggies steal this road win...UCD 35, SUU 31.

Missed one again. 62-10 for the season.

caribbeanhen
October 20th, 2019, 01:59 PM
My prediction is any Big Sky game will be hard to find on line

mvemjsunpx
October 20th, 2019, 04:07 PM
My prediction is any Big Sky game will be hard to find on line

You can find any non-ROOT game here: https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx