PDA

View Full Version : Which poll did the committee mention they use?

gofurman
October 14th, 2019, 09:15 PM
There is one poll they (committee) said they look at - I think it was COACHES ?? Is that right? I think it was one in particular? *** Which poll they said on TV last year during selection show.. can someone remind me which poll they mentioned (I think they said poll X is a guide) ? but I can't recall which poll it was
thanks in advance for your help w my old memory !

JayJ79
October 14th, 2019, 09:27 PM
doesn't matter. people are going to whine about it no matter what they do.

KPSUL
October 14th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Coaches. But in reality, everyone on the committee does as instructed to by UNH AD Marty Scarano.

gofurman
October 14th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Coaches. But in reality, everyone on the committee does as instructed to by UNH AD Marty Scarano.

thanks - just wanted to know what they said

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2019, 06:15 AM
Coaches. But in reality, everyone on the committee does as instructed to by UNH AD Marty Scarano.This is the correct answer.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
October 17th, 2019, 07:37 AM
This is the correct answer.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

kind of goes without saying

Redbird 4th & short
October 17th, 2019, 07:43 AM
completely rediculous that they would use a coaches poll for something like this. But at some point about 6 or 7 years ago, they claimed they used a different system ... can't recall or find it anymore ... I think it was something like Gridiron Power Index, which I believe was a weighted average of a couple subjective polls and objective polls. I could be off, but at that point they claimed a different system. BUt even then, they made some bad choices that conflicted with this system. I'm spit balling a vague recollection ... anyone else recall something like this ??

ysubigred
October 17th, 2019, 07:49 AM
completely rediculous that they would use a coaches poll for something like this. But at some point about 6 or 7 years ago, they claimed they used a different system ... can't recall or find it anymore ... I think it was something like Gridiron Power Index, which I believe was a weighted average of a couple subjective polls and objective polls. I could be off, but at that point they claimed a different system. BUt even then, they made some bad choices that conflicted with this system. I'm spit balling a vague recollection ... anyone else recall something like this ??

Simple formula: 8 auto bid's, some ranked teams, then $$$ helpers = 24

reeder
October 17th, 2019, 10:06 AM
I believe they’re supposed to use the Simplified Ratings System (SRS). Not sure when it starts to update for this year.

I think this is where the comments about Marty Scarano originated - UNH had a few years with high SRS ratings and got in over teams with the same record and much better SRS ratings.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

Redbird 4th & short
October 17th, 2019, 10:08 AM
I believe they’re supposed to use the Simplified Ratings System (SRS). Not sure when it starts to update for this year.

I think this is where the comments about Marty Scarano originated - UNH had a few years with high SRS ratings and got in over teams with the same record and much better SRS ratings.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system
Such blasphemy will not be tolerated !!!

I kid !

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2019, 12:10 PM
There is one poll they (committee) said they look at - I think it was COACHES ?? Is that right? I think it was one in particular? *** Which poll they said on TV last year during selection show.. can someone remind me which poll they mentioned (I think they said poll X is a guide) ? but I can't recall which poll it was
thanks in advance for your help w my old memory !

Your memory is getting bad because you just asked this question on a thread a couple weeks back and Prof answered you on it there too. xlolx

They do no use any of the polls in any sort of real heavy way. They have/keep their own internal poll and also the aforementioned SRS which was real bad to start but seems to have gotten better. If they are debating they may bring in other outside sources like the Coaches Poll from recent comments but these things are not anything that they put a lot of weight on.