Most Significant Loss:

Towson Tigers

https://i.imgur.com/8VVTWfQ.png

Silenoz
October 14th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Imagine calling Sac State and Montana a battle of top tens in the preseason

smilo
October 14th, 2019, 11:54 AM
For the love of -, flip Dartmouth and Kennesaw if nothing else!

clenz
October 14th, 2019, 11:57 AM
I had one of them in the top 10 preseason....

dbackjon
October 14th, 2019, 12:02 PM
Has Sac State EVER been in the top 10?

NEBison
October 14th, 2019, 12:02 PM
I kinda understand SDSU getting a 1st place vote. Very easily could be undefeated with their only loss coming at undefeated Minnesota but they lost and you shouldn't get 1st place votes for almost winning big games.

Outsider1
October 14th, 2019, 12:03 PM
I am a newbie, but still scratching my head a little on this week’s results...

Grizalltheway
October 14th, 2019, 12:07 PM

Depending on how the cats do between now and the Brawl, the Griz could end up having played 3 top 10s down the stretch. Oof.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2019, 12:08 PM
For the love of -, flip Dartmouth and Kennesaw if nothing else!

I did that

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 12:08 PM
This week's poll article: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-week-7-top-25-results-2/

A few thoughts:

Voters must've really struggled with those last few spots (I know I did). Towson, Jacksonville St, and UC Davis are all pretty questionable but there's not a whole lot below them that's better. Maybe SEMO got punished a little too harshly for a close loss on the road to the consensus #17 team.
Incarnate Word is the biggest gripe I have for teams not getting enough credit. Yeah, I know the big loss to SHSU looks bad but they've got 3 straight wins over ACU, Houston Baptist, and SELA (the last 2 on the road). All 3 of those are pretty decent wins if you ask me.
How about VMI cracking the top 40 after an 0-10 year against D1 teams in 2018. Nice work Keydets!
Two more tips of the cap to Sacramento State and Austin Peay who each reach their highest ranking ever in the AGS Poll.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Has Sac State EVER been in the top 10?
Not in the AGS Poll at least. Prior to this week their highest ranking ever was #16 in week 1 of 2011.

I kinda understand SDSU getting a 1st place vote. Very easily could be undefeated with their only loss coming at undefeated Minnesota but they lost and you shouldn't get 1st place votes for almost winning big games.
Guessing it must be the mystery NDSU voter that was discussed pretty extensively last week who still has SDSU at #1. That voter most have NDSU at #4 which is up from #6 last week but still seems pretty crazy (although probably just as crazy as not having NDSU in their preseason top 25).

Mayville Bison
October 14th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Can someone please explain how Kennesaw is ahead of Sac St? I get it before this week, but not anymore. Both are undefeated against non FBS teams. Sac State is 3-0 against the FCS (1 D2 win) with a win over a now #12 team. Kennesaw is 3-0 against the FCS (2 D2 wins) with those three wins over Charleston Southern, Missouri State, and Alabama State.

It's only one spot in the poll and it'll be most likely be definitive one way or the other next week, but it is ok to jump teams if both teams win.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Sure you should/could if you are playing FBS especially big conference FBS then any voter worth his salt won't overly punish on a loss like that. It means very little in comparison to what a team is doing overall.

A win counts some, a loss really doesn't.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 12:19 PM
Here was my crack at it this week:

1: North Dakota State Bison
2: James Madison Dukes
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
4: Weber State Wildcats
5: Villanova Wildcats
6: Montana Grizzlies
7: Furman Paladins
8: Sacramento State Hornets
9: Nicholls State Colonels
10: Kennesaw State Owls
11: Northern Iowa Panthers
12: Central Arkansas Bears
13: Montana State Bobcats
14: Youngstown State Penguins
15: Illinois State Redbirds
16: Austin Peay Governors
17: Princeton Tigers
18: North Carolina A&T Aggies
19: New Hampshire Wildcats
20: Dartmouth Big Green
21: Stony Brook Seawolves
22: Towson Tigers
23: Incarnate Word Cardinals
24: Central Connecticut State Blue Devils
25: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

Outsider1
October 14th, 2019, 12:20 PM
This week's poll article: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-poll-week-7-top-25-results-2/

A few thoughts:

Voters must've really struggled with those last few spots (I know I did). Towson, Jacksonville St, and UC Davis are all pretty questionable but there's not a whole lot below them that's better. Maybe SEMO got punished a little too harshly for a close loss on the road to the consensus #17 team.
Incarnate Word is the biggest gripe I have for teams not getting enough credit. Yeah, I know the big loss to SHSU looks bad but they've got 3 straight wins over ACU, Houston Baptist, and SELA (the last 2 on the road). All 3 of those are pretty decent wins if you ask me.
How about VMI cracking the top 40 after an 0-10 year against D1 teams in 2018. Nice work Keydets!
Two more tips of the cap to Sacramento State and Austin Peay who each reach their highest ranking ever in the AGS Poll.

I admit that in the midst of my struggling for the final few that I almost overlooked UIW. I went back through some things and put them in mine. They have actually done some really good things when it counts. They need to at least be on more people’s radar unless people are just discounting the SLC in general.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Not in the AGS Poll at least. Prior to this week their highest ranking ever was #16 in week 1 of 2011.

Guessing it must be the mystery NDSU voter that was discussed pretty extensively last week who still has SDSU at #1. That voter most have NDSU at #4 which is up from #6 last week but still seems pretty crazy (although probably just as crazy as not having NDSU in their preseason top 25).

He was upset that it took the Bison until the 2nd half to put the boots to a top 10 UNI team. Oh the travesty! I can see why he's not gaining confidence after a performance like that....xrolleyesx

RootinFerDukes
October 14th, 2019, 12:24 PM
KSU at 9 is the biggest joke in an otherwise alright poll. STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE!

clenz
October 14th, 2019, 12:26 PM
I'll be honest - though I need to check my poll email as I forgot to import to the sheet I use to database my votes

I am 99% sure I didn't vote for Kennesaw at all....

NEBison
October 14th, 2019, 12:27 PM
]Sure you should/could if you are playing FBS especially big conference FBS then any voter worth his salt won't overly punish on a loss like that[/B]. It means very little in comparison to what a team is doing overall.

A win counts some, a loss really doesn't.

Correct but rewarding it with a 1st place vote is too much

clenz
October 14th, 2019, 12:29 PM
I moved SDSU to #1 after that game.

Then again 3 weeks later they were at 10 in my poll - after winning a couple games.

There is significantly less of a case now for SDSU at 1 than there was after week 1 outside of "I refuse to move teams that don't lose". Which sounds dumb to criticize but isn't always sound.

Schism55
October 14th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Picking 20-25 was bruuuuuutal :/

SpreadTheWord
October 14th, 2019, 12:30 PM

A few thoughts:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

NEBison
October 14th, 2019, 12:32 PM

Then again 3 weeks later they were at 10 in my poll - after winning a couple games.

There is significantly less of a case now for SDSU at 1 than there was after week 1 outside of "I refuse to move teams that don't lose". Which sounds dumb to criticize but isn't always sound.

Yeah that does actually make a lot of sense to me. Where do you have them currently if you don't mind me asking?

SpreadTheWord
October 14th, 2019, 12:33 PM
I admit that in the midst of my struggling for the final few that I almost overlooked UIW. I went back through some things and put them in mine. They have actually done some really good things when it counts. They need to at least be on more people’s radar unless people are just discounting the SLC in general.

I think it's because that big loss to Sam Houston looks pretty bad and doesn't get any better after they lost to Lamar. The only way to avenge that game is to dominate Lamar on Saturday which is going to be a tough test. It looks like Lamar is starting their mid-season Renaissance just like last year so it'll definitely be a great game.

clenz
October 14th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Yeah that does actually make a lot of sense to me. Where do you have them currently if you don't mind me asking?

I can maybe make a case for 3 in my head
However, i can also make a case - as i did last week when there was anti-ranking Ivy discussions that until their YSU win if it didn't say Jackrabbits on their uniform they would probably be in the mid teens.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Can someone please explain how Kennesaw is ahead of Sac St? I get it before this week, but not anymore. Both are undefeated against non FBS teams. Sac State is 3-0 against the FCS (1 D2 win) with a win over a now #12 team. Kennesaw is 3-0 against the FCS (2 D2 wins) with those three wins over Charleston Southern, Missouri State, and Alabama State.

It's only one spot in the poll and it'll be most likely be definitive one way or the other next week, but it is ok to jump teams if both teams win.

There are a couple of voters that have KSU very high in my book and I don't know what they are seeing either.

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!!!

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 12:49 PM
I was a little confused to see Portland St pop up so high into the ORV as well. They've got 2 sub-D1 wins and then wins over Southern Utah and Idaho who are tied for last in the Big Sky right now. 44 points means they're showing up on a decent number of ballots since I can't imagine anyone has them higher than #21 or so.

dbackjon
October 14th, 2019, 12:59 PM
I was a little confused to see Portland St pop up so high into the ORV as well. They've got 2 sub-D1 wins and then wins over Southern Utah and Idaho who are tied for last in the Big Sky right now. 44 points means they're showing up on a decent number of ballots since I can't imagine anyone has them higher than #21 or so.

Probably cases of: Who the heck do I rank 22-25? Scans standings "Look a team with 4 wins, from a "power conference" Pencil them in.

kdinva
October 14th, 2019, 01:01 PM
I'm glad to see some recognition for VMI.......just hope they take care of business @ Mercer. I do admit I didn't vote for them. Robert Morris game still gives me a headache. Keydets beat Mercer on the road, that'll be a fine accomplishment heading into their bye week.

X-Factor
October 14th, 2019, 01:10 PM

That’s a valid point. The performance against MN was impressive. When you look beyond the box scores there is an offense line that is getting frequently beat, and a talented QB but plays like a freshman. They’re a really good team and solid top 5, but not balanced enough for 1 or 2. They do have NDSU and UNI at home going for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preferred Walk-On
October 14th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Hello Preferred Walk-On,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 10/13/2019 9:56:26

Your vote is listed below (previous rank in parentheses).

1: North Dakota State Bison (1)
2: James Madison Dukes (2)
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits (3)
4: Weber State Wildcats (4)
5: Sac State Hornets (17)
6: Montana Grizzlies (7)
7: Furman Paladins (8)
8: Nicholls State Colonels (10)
9: Villanova Wildcats (5)
10: Montana State Bobcats (6)
11: Northern Iowa Panthers (9)
12: North Carolina A&T Aggies (13)
13: Kennesaw State Owls (14)
14: Central Arkansas Bears (23)
15: Dartmouth Big Green (16)
16: Illinois State Redbirds (21)
17: Austin Peay Governors (NR)
18: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (18)
19: Youngstown State Penguins (19)
20: Princeton Tigers (NR)
21: Towson Tigers (11)
22: New Hampshire Wildcats (NR)
23: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks (NR)
24: Southeastern Louisiana Lions (12)
25: Stony Brook Seawolves (20)

The most significant win: Sac State Hornets
The most significant loss: Towson Tigers
Which conference does your team play in?: Missouri Valley Football Conference

Dropped from poll: Maine Black Bears (15), Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (22), Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens (24), Sam Houston State Bearkats (25)

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 01:19 PM

No, it really is not. They very well could be the #1 team and nearly everyone has them at 2 or 3 so they sure could be worth a #1 vote. As clenz is pointing out if a team plays very well against a B10, Pac10, etc. and still lose they can certainly move up in a person's mind...and thus on the ballot.

Mayville Bison
October 14th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Here's my poll. Not really sure why I had Weber jump SDSU after SDSU beat a ranked team on the road. If I could go back, I'd switch those two around.

Rank
Team
Last Week

North Dakota State

James Madison

Montana

Weber State

South Dakota State

Sacramento State

Furman

Villanova

Nicholls State

Montana State

Northern Iowa

NC A&T

Youngstown State

Kennesaw State

Central Arkansas

Towson

Central Connecticut

Illinois State

Austin Peay

Dartmouth

Princeton

New Hampshire
NR

Jacksonville State
NR

SE Louisiana

Stony Brook

Dropped Out: Delaware (19), Maine (21)

Mike296
October 14th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Here’s my entry

Hello Mike296,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 10/12/2019 23:29:37

Your vote is listed below.

5: Montana Grizzlies
6: Villanova Wildcats
8: Nicholls State Colonels
9: Kennesaw State Owls
10: North Carolina A&T Aggies
11: Illinois State Redbirds
14: Austin Peay Governors
15: Towson Tigers
16: Sac State Hornets
17: Youngstown State Penguins
18: Princeton Tigers
19: Northern Iowa Panthers
21: Central Connecticut State Blue Devils
22: New Hampshire Wildcats
23: Elon Phoenix
24: UC Davis Aggies
25: Virginia Military Institute Keydets

Mike296

The Most Significant Win: Sac State Hornets
The Most Significant Loss: Montana State Bobcats
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Ohio Valley Conference

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Here’s my entry

Hello Mike296,

Mike296

Sac St at #16 and Montana St at #13? Are you sure the win/loss for each was the most significant? Your ranking for reach team relative to each other doesn't seem to back that up.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Here’s my entry

Hello Mike296,

Mike296

So your most significant win was Sac State, the most significant loss was MSU, the team they beat, yet the combined significance of the win/loss + head to head wasn't enough to boost them ahead?!?!? I can't square that in my head....xrotatehx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 02:21 PM
Sac St at #16 and Montana St at #13? Are you sure the win/loss for each was the most significant? Your ranking for reach team relative to each other doesn't seem to back that up.

Mike and his ballot were one of the ones I had seen that prompted my statement on the How they fared thread.

Sundog
October 14th, 2019, 02:26 PM

I really appreciate the people who participate in this poll, with the obvious exception of this "Not in My Pre-Season Top 25" Gomer. (As opposed to "Homer".) Maybe next year, he/she can vote based on the teams' uniform colors. And haters, I don't object to NDSU not being #1 in all polls. I watch the games of the Top 5-10 teams whenever possible. I could easily see JMU getting more than a handful of first place votes, as well as SDSU. But to so blatantly screw up your poll by entirely removing NDSU from your pre-season Top 25, and then simply moving them up slowly week to week, is IMHO, an insult to the people on this site who put hard work and serious thought into their poll efforts.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2019, 02:30 PM

So your most significant win was Sac State, the most significant loss was MSU, the team they beat, yet the combined significance of the win/loss + head to head wasn't enough to boost them ahead?!?!? I can't square that in my head....xrotatehx

Great minds think alike...... Beat me by a couple minutes.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Here's mine for this week. Very hard week for the last 10-15 places. Rip away....

Hello Bisonator,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 10/13/2019 16:25:35

4: Montana Grizzlies
5: Weber State Wildcats
6: Furman Paladins
7: Villanova Wildcats
10: Sac State Hornets
12: Montana State Bobcats
13: Northern Iowa Panthers
14: North Carolina A&T Aggies
15: Austin Peay Governors
16: Central Arkansas Bears
18: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
20: Towson Tigers
22: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
23: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
24: Stony Brook Seawolves
25: Portland State Vikings

Bisonator

mvemjsunpx
October 14th, 2019, 04:04 PM
(previous week in parentheses)

1. North Dakota St. (1)
2. South Dakota St. (2)
3. James Madison (3)
4. Sacramento St. (12)
5. Weber St. (4)
6. Kennesaw St. (7)
7. Montana (9)
8. Villanova (5)
9. Furman (11)
10. Dartmouth (19)
11. Northern Iowa (10)
12. Montana St. (8)
13. Nicholls St. (13)
14. Central Arkansas (14)
15. North Carolina A&T (15)
16. Princeton (20)
17. Illinois St. (21)
18. New Hampshire (NR)
19. Youngstown St. (22)
20. Stony Brook (23)
21. Austin Peay (24)
22. Tennessee-Martin (NR)
23. Albany (NR)
24. Towson (6)
25. Jacksonville St. (NR)

W - Sacramento St.
L - Towson

Dropped - Yale (16), Delaware (17), Southeast Missouri St. (18), North Dakota (25)

Catbooster
October 14th, 2019, 05:21 PM
I was harder on my Bobcats than most of you. After much consternation, my magic 8-ball decided to recognize a few teams in the bottom who don't generally get on here.

My ballot this week:

9: Sac State Hornets
10: Illinois State Redbirds
11: Central Arkansas Bears
12: Northern Iowa Panthers
13: Kennesaw State Owls
15: Dartmouth Big Green
16: North Carolina A&T Aggies
17: Montana State Bobcats
18: New Hampshire Wildcats
19: Austin Peay Governors
20: Princeton Tigers
21: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
22: Florida A&M Rattlers
23: Central Connecticut State Blue Devils
24: Idaho State Bengals
25: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks

Catbooster

The Most Significant Loss: Towson Tigers
Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Big Sky Conference

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2019, 05:35 PM
9: Sacramento State Hornets
10: Kennesaw State Owls
11: Central Arkansas Bears
12: Illinois State Redbirds
13: Northern Iowa Panthers
15: North Carolina A&T Aggies
16: Montana State Bobcats
17: Princeton Tigers
18: Dartmouth Big Green
20: New Hampshire Wildcats
21: Elon Phoenix
22: Sam Houston State Bearkats

23: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
24: Incarnate Word Cardinals
25: Stony Brook Seawolves

Some how my poll turned out to be better than I thought. Please ignore 21-25 though.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Spots 21 to 25, I literally had about 12 teams for those spots. The rest of my poll is pretty solid but the ones I referenced are meh. I also have KSU about where they belong in my never humble opinion.

Hello POD Knows,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 10/13/2019 9:26:46

8: Sac State Hornets
10: Montana State Bobcats
11: Kennesaw State Owls
13: Central Arkansas Bears
14: Illinois State Redbirds
16: Princeton Tigers
22: Stony Brook Seawolves
23: Towson Tigers
24: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
25: Wofford Terriers

POD Knows

Which Conference Does Your Team Play in?: Missouri Valley Football Conference

dewey
October 14th, 2019, 06:50 PM
Spots 21 to 25, I literally had about 12 teams for those spots. The rest of my poll is pretty solid but the ones I referenced are meh. I also have KSU about where they belong in my never humble opinion.

Hello POD Knows,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 10/13/2019 9:26:46

11: Kennesaw State Owls
13: Central Arkansas Bears
23: Towson Tigers
24: Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks
25: Wofford Terriers

POD Knows

I tend to agree with you on your placement of Kennesaw State.

Dewey

dewey
October 14th, 2019, 06:58 PM
Here is my poll. Like others have mentioned my ~18-25 teams was tough.

Hello dewey,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 10/13/2019 20:04:37

3: Weber State Wildcats
5: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
7: Nicholls State Colonels
8: Villanova Wildcats
10: Dartmouth Big Green
11: Princeton Tigers
12: Kennesaw State Owls
14: Northern Iowa Panthers
15: New Hampshire Wildcats
17: Illinois State Redbirds
18: Stony Brook Seawolves
19: Youngstown State Penguins
20: Austin Peay Governors
21: Central Arkansas Bears
22: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

dewey

The Most Significant Loss: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

Dewey

kdinva
October 14th, 2019, 07:22 PM
6: Weber State Wildcats
8: Central Arkansas Bears
11: Nicholls State Colonels
12: Sac State Hornets
13: North Carolina A&T Aggies
15: Youngstown State Penguins
17: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
18: Northern Iowa Panthers
20: Florida A&M Rattlers
23: Wofford Terriers
24: Dartmouth Big Green
25: Princeton Tigers

kdinva

grizband
October 14th, 2019, 07:31 PM
I'll echo the sentiment's of other posters: selecting, let alone slotting, the last 5-8 teams was extremely difficult this week. Also, Furman and Villanova should be switched in my poll, that is a mistake on my part.

1. North Dakota State
2. James Madison
3. South Dakota State
4. Weber State
5. Montana
6. Furman
7. Villanova
8. Sacramento State
9. Nicholls
10. Illinois State
11. Central Arkansas
12. Kennesaw State
13. North Carolina A&T
14. Montana State
15. Northern Iowa
16. Dartmouth
17. Austin Peay
18. Youngstown State
19. Princeton
20. Jacksonville State
21. New Hampshire
22. Tennessee Martin
23. Central Connecticut State
24. Albany
25. Incarnate Word

Significant Win: Sacramento State
Significant Loss: Montana State

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2019, 07:41 PM
UNI is the 11th best team in the country?

dewey
October 14th, 2019, 07:50 PM
6: Weber State Wildcats
8: Central Arkansas Bears
11: Nicholls State Colonels
12: Sac State Hornets
13: North Carolina A&T Aggies
15: Youngstown State Penguins
17: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
18: Northern Iowa Panthers
20: Florida A&M Rattlers
23: Wofford Terriers
24: Dartmouth Big Green
25: Princeton Tigers

kdinva

Just out of curiosity why is Montana State at 10 and Sacramento State at 12 after Sacramento State just won by 13 in Bozeman?

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 08:32 PM
Here is my poll. Like others have mentioned my ~18-25 teams was tough.

Hello dewey,

We have received your AGS Top 25 vote on 10/13/2019 20:04:37

3: Weber State Wildcats
5: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
7: Nicholls State Colonels
8: Villanova Wildcats
10: Dartmouth Big Green
11: Princeton Tigers
12: Kennesaw State Owls
14: Northern Iowa Panthers
15: New Hampshire Wildcats
17: Illinois State Redbirds
18: Stony Brook Seawolves
19: Youngstown State Penguins
20: Austin Peay Governors
21: Central Arkansas Bears
22: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks

dewey

The Most Significant Loss: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

Dewey
I think you're undervaluing both Austin Peay and Central Arkansas but you're really undervaluing Central Arkansas. At least put them above Austin Peay since they have a head-to-head win at APSU.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2019, 09:01 PM
UNI is the 11th best team in the country?Pretty sad isn't it. xlolx

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 09:52 PM
I think you're undervaluing both Austin Peay and Central Arkansas but you're really undervaluing Central Arkansas. At least put them above Austin Peay since they have a head-to-head win at APSU.

I was thinking that along with being one of the few FCS squads with an FBS win.

dewey
October 14th, 2019, 10:49 PM

Great point. I messed up on that one. Thanks.

Dewey

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2019, 11:44 PM
Pretty sad isn't it. xlolx

After we lose to the Yotes we MIGHT fall out of the Top 15. xlolx

Cocky
October 15th, 2019, 07:21 AM
KSU at 9 is the biggest joke in an otherwise alright poll. STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE!

Im confused, are we ranking teams by who has the best team or how tough is their schedule? Ive been voting according to the performance of the team.

McCowboys
October 15th, 2019, 07:26 AM
I honestly got a migraine trying to fill out this poll. I thought about skipping this week. When I submitted, I thought I would get banned from voting again and laughed off the board, but it appears most everyone had the same struggles, and my poll was close to the final AGS poll. I did put UIW and Central Connecticut in as well as two Ivies. I didn't put TN-Martin in my poll, but they are high on my list of those teams I am watching.

I may have some teams too high up in the poll, but in their defense, they keep winning while others do not.

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2019, 07:45 AM
..................AH AM CORNFUSED....AS TA HOW NORFFERN IOWA......CAN LOSE BAH 32...........AN' OWN-LAH.....CRASH.....TWO SPACES.......xdontknowx......AWQ!

...........AN'.....'NOVA LOSES BAH COUPLE UH TD'S........AN'........DROPS FROM #5.....TA #6............BRAWK!

.....SEEMS POLLSTERS........TREATIN'........BIZONSSSSS/DOOKIES.......LIKE FBS.......................DOODLE-DOO-DOO!!

POD Knows
October 15th, 2019, 07:53 AM
Im confused, are we ranking teams by who has the best team or how tough is their schedule? Ive been voting according to the performance of the team.
You don’t look at strength of schedule when slotting your teams?

POD Knows
October 15th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Not if you keep the loss down to 2 or 3 TD’s. You should be OK. Actually if you lose to them, UNI will be
out of my poll.

clenz
October 15th, 2019, 08:06 AM
UNI is the 11th best team in the country?
Feel free to overreact to the score like every other UNI fan seems to be doing.

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2019, 08:38 AM
..................AH AM CORNFUSED....AS TA HOW NORFFERN IOWA......CAN LOSE BAH 32...........AN' OWN-LAH.....CRASH.....TWO SPACES.......xdontknowx......AWQ!

...........AN'.....'NOVA LOSES BAH COUPLE UH TD'S........AN'........DROPS FROM #5.....TA #6............BRAWK!

.....SEEMS POLLSTERS........TREATIN'........BIZONSSSSS/DOOKIES.......LIKE FBS.......................DOODLE-DOO-DOO!!
Best explanation I can give is there's a nice cushy landing spot for UNI in the #11 range. Who do you move over them? Montana St? Illinois St? Central Arkansas? NC A&T? Youngstown? The only one I could see a good argument for is probably UCA.

As for Nova I don't think they should've moved down at all (and I didn't move them down at all). I thought they did about exactly what a 5th ranked team should do on the road at #2. That was a very even game besides the turnovers which tipped the scales towards JMU. If JMU is really #2 then Nova certainly isn't far behind.

Redbird 4th & short
October 15th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Best explanation I can give is there's a nice cushy landing spot for UNI in the #11 range. Who do you move over them? Montana St? Illinois St? Central Arkansas? NC A&T? Youngstown? The only one I could see a good argument for is probably UCA.

As for Nova I don't think they should've moved down at all (and I didn't move them down at all). I thought they did about exactly what a 5th ranked team should do on the road at #2. That was a very even game besides the turnovers which tipped the scales towards JMU. If JMU is really #2 then Nova certainly isn't far behind.
Agreed ... UNI at #11 seems just right ... it was a bad loss to NDSU, but its one data point (says the ISUr fan whose team just did same) .. but their 3 losses are to a top 25 FBS by 3 in triple OT, a #1 FCS, and a top 5 FCS. Everyone outside the top 6 have laid eggs already. The only real negative is UNI has had a few injuries and seems to be slipping a bit from how they looked a couple weeks ago. But you could nitpick every single team outside the top 6 this year and rationalize how each one doesn't deserve to be ranked so high based on cherry picking their bad game. Their history amd SOS each year means they get the benefit of doubt at this point. And many teams have created some doubt already. The difference is UNI SOS is currently ranked #1 in FCS .. it's a thing.

Sader87
October 15th, 2019, 01:49 PM
There are very few FCS teams (many ranked here) that would be bettah than 3-3 playing Holy Cross' schedule so fahh...just sayin' :)

ysubigred
October 15th, 2019, 02:00 PM

How in the hell is YSU still ranked? Seriously just because we had close but no cigar games against UNI and SDSU? I was fooled by the W against Samford. So YSU has zero creditability for a ranking to this point #Bookit!

Lorne_Malvo
October 15th, 2019, 02:08 PM
How in the hell is YSU still ranked? Seriously just because we had close but no cigar games against UNI and SDSU? I was fooled by the W against Samford. So YSU has zero creditability for a ranking to this point #Bookit!

You cant use "Bookit". POD Knows trademarked it. :)

ysubigred
October 15th, 2019, 02:32 PM
You cant use "Bookit". POD Knows trademarked it. :)

I was hoping it worked as good for us as it does for you all xbabycryx

SpreadTheWord
October 15th, 2019, 03:32 PM
I know everyone has been asking me about my top 25 poll so here it is...

5: Weber State Wildcats
9: Northern Iowa Panthers
11: North Carolina A&T Aggies
12: Youngstown State Penguins
13: Nicholls State Colonels
15: Kennesaw State Owls
17: New Hampshire Wildcats
19: Idaho State Bengals
20: Central Arkansas Bears
21: Austin Peay Governors
22: Towson Tigers
23: Stony Brook Seawolves
24: Southeast Missouri State Redhawks
25: Incarnate Word Cardinals

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2019, 04:28 PM
There are very few FCS teams (many ranked here) that would be bettah than 3-3 playing Holy Cross' schedule so fahh...just sayin' :)

Are you serious Clark?

clenz
October 15th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Are you serious Clark?
Hey

Not everyone can beat 1-5 Bucknell by a whole touchdown...

I'm not sure 3-3 UNI could do that.

BisonBacker
October 15th, 2019, 04:31 PM

Bwahahahaha stop your killing me.

Sader87
October 15th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Are you serious Clark?

Absolutely:

@Navy
UNH
@Yale
@Syracuse
@Bucknell
@Brown

I don't think more than 10 or so FCS teams are 4-2 with that schedule...NDSU probably the only chance at 5-1

BisonBacker
October 15th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Absolutely:

@Navy
UNH
@Yale
@Syracuse
@Bucknell
@Brown

I don't think more than 10 or so FCS teams are 4-2 with that schedule...NDSU probably the only chance at 5-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cil7tOPh4qM

Sader87
October 15th, 2019, 04:48 PM
99.5% of FCS teams lose at both Navy and Syracuse this year.

Your 4 wins would have to come from beating both UNH at home and Yale at the Bowl....I contend that there aren't that many FCS teams that could do that.

5 of the first 6 games on the road as well.

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Hey

https://forum.wordreference.com/attachments/post-14251-eddie-murphy-i-see-what-you-di-paqx-jpeg.22077/

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2019, 05:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cil7tOPh4qM

**** you, Stephen A. Smith. Don't tell me how to live my life!!!

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2019, 05:26 PM
99.5% of FCS teams lose at both Navy and Syracuse this year.

Your 4 wins would have to come from beating both UNH at home and Yale at the Bowl....I contend that there aren't that many FCS teams that could do that.

5 of the first 6 games on the road as well.

I get what you're saying about having a BETTER record. I'd contend a good chunk of the AGS top 25 would stand a fairly high likelihood, but I think you hedged that in your first comment. However, there's a good many more teams that easily MATCH your 3-3 record. The 2 FBS would be a challenge for almost every FCS team and 2 games that would be near-gimmes for a high number of FCS teams. That means you just have to split the other 2 games. Almost as noteworthy an accomplishment as Furman's FCS-only win streak.

Sader87
October 15th, 2019, 05:37 PM
I get what you're saying about having a BETTER record. I'd contend a good chunk of the AGS top 25 would stand a fairly high likelihood, but I think you hedged that in your first comment. However, there's a good many more teams that easily MATCH your 3-3 record. The 2 FBS would be a challenge for almost every FCS team and 2 games that would be near-gimmes for a high number of FCS teams. That means you just have to split the other 2 games. Almost as noteworthy an accomplishment as Furman's FCS-only win streak.

I don't think HC should be ranked at 3-3...still a lot of work to do....just stating that they have done fairly well to be at 3-3 now...I still contend that not more than 10 or so FCS teams this year would be 4-2 or better playing that schedule so far this season.

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2019, 05:50 PM
I don't think HC should be ranked at 3-3...still a lot of work to do....just stating that they have done fairly well to be at 3-3 now...I still contend that not more than 10 or so FCS teams this year would be 4-2 or better playing that schedule so far this season.

See this is where you're going to get pushback... You seriously think there's only about 10 teams that would beat UNH at home and Yale in New Haven??? I kinda disagree there. I'd also say there's probably 40 teams or more that split those 2 games. Which is why you're right, Holy Cross shouldn't be ranked.

Sader87
October 15th, 2019, 07:24 PM
I think 40 teams is kind of high for a split with UNH home/Yale away....only 10 or so most likely win both those games.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2019, 08:15 PM
Feel free to overreact to the score like every other UNI fan seems to be doing.

I don't care about the score. I'm looking at the play on the field.

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2019, 09:42 PM
I think 40 teams is kind of high for a split with UNH home/Yale away....only 10 or so most likely win both those games.

Why do you say that. Even Holy Cross was able to do it! :D I kid, I kid. I'm leaning toward picking Holy Cross in the weekly Pick Em. Even non-scholly (though quality)#36 San Diego beat Harvard at home, so you clearly got this in the bag, right? Since there's not 40 teams that could have your record?

Sader87
October 15th, 2019, 11:47 PM
Why do you say that. Even Holy Cross was able to do it! :D I kid, I kid. I'm leaning toward picking Holy Cross in the weekly Pick Em. Even non-scholly (though quality)#36 San Diego beat Harvard at home, so you clearly got this in the bag, right? Since there's not 40 teams that could have your record?

We'll see, I think we're still a year or so away from making some noise. Just kind of tired of the PL being shat on....possibly deserved but a lot of PL teams are playing very difficult OOC schedules and I think that's largely overlooked here.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2019, 08:12 AM
Hey

Yeah but UNI can beat YSU by a whole TD #Bookit!

clenz
October 16th, 2019, 08:26 AM
I don't care about the score. I'm looking at the play on the field.
You're watching a very different team apparently

F'N Hawks
October 16th, 2019, 08:54 AM
You're watching a very different team apparently

I needed that, thank you.

X-Factor
October 16th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Not if you keep the loss down to 2 or 3 TD’s. You should be OK. Actually if you lose to them, UNI will be
out of my poll.

This is my thought process as well. The losses so far are very explainable and I think unrealistic to expect more wins at this point in the season. A loss to USD would not be explainable and probably move to out of poll

IBleedYellow
October 16th, 2019, 03:29 PM
I needed that, thank you.

UND fans and their infatuation with hating on UNI is so confusing to me.

F'N Hawks
October 16th, 2019, 04:15 PM
UND fans and their infatuation with hating on UNI is so confusing to me.

How many fans do you think are "infatuated" with hatin' on UNI?

IBleedYellow
October 16th, 2019, 04:41 PM
How many fans do you think are "infatuated" with hatin' on UNI?

*shrug* With the way Twitter's algorithm works....I see plenty of UND fans that comment on UNI quite a bit.