PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Poll (Week 7 2019)

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Trying to save MUHAWKS from the wrath of ursus…

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

RANK

SCHOOL

RECORD

PREVIOUS

North Dakota State (26)
6-0

James Madison
6-1

South Dakota State
5-1

Kennesaw State
5-1

Weber State
4-2

Montana
5-1

Villanova
6-1

Furman
4-2

Nicholls
4-2

Illinois State
4-2

North Carolina A&T
4-1

Montana State
5-2

Central Arkansas
4-2

Jacksonville State
5-2

Northern Iowa
3-3

Princeton
4-0

Sacramento State
4-2
NR

Youngstown State
4-2

Austin Peay
4-2
NR

Towson
3-3

Dartmouth
4-0
NR

UC Davis
3-4

New Hampshire
4-2
NR

Delaware
3-3

UIW
4-2
NR

Dropped Out: Maine (20), Southeast Missouri St. (22), Stony Brook (23), Sam Houston St. (24), Southeastern Louisiana (25)

Others Receiving Votes: Central Connecticut St., 30; UT Martin, 23; Southeast Missouri St., 20; Sam Houston St., 18; Wofford, 17; Campbell, 15; Stony Brook, 15; Florida A&M, 10; Eastern Washington, 9; Alcorn St., 6; Houston Baptist, 6; Idaho St., 6; Murray St., 5; VMI, 5; Portland St., 4; Lamar, 2; Elon, 1.

Bison56
October 14th, 2019, 10:51 AM
xlolx what else can you say?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Trying to save MUHAWKS from the wrath of ursus…

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

RANK
SCHOOL
RECORD

North Dakota State (26)
6-0

James Madison
6-1

South Dakota State
5-1

Kennesaw State
5-1

Weber State
4-2

Montana
5-1

Villanova
6-1

Furman
4-2

Nicholls
4-2

Illinois State
4-2

North Carolina A&T
4-1

Montana State
5-2

Central Arkansas
4-2

Jacksonville State
5-2

Northern Iowa
3-3

Princeton
4-0

Sacramento State
4-2
NR

Youngstown State
4-2

Austin Peay
4-2
NR

Towson
3-3

Dartmouth
4-0
NR

UC Davis
3-4

New Hampshire
4-2
NR

Delaware
3-3

UIW
4-2
NR

Dropped Out: Maine (20), Southeast Missouri St. (22), Stony Brook (23), Sam Houston St. (24), Southeastern Louisiana (25)

Others Receiving Votes: Central Connecticut St., 30; UT Martin, 23; Southeast Missouri St., 20; Sam Houston St., 18; Wofford, 17; Campbell, 15; Stony Brook, 15; Florida A&M, 10; Eastern Washington, 9; Alcorn St., 6; Houston Baptist, 6; Idaho St., 6; Murray St., 5; VMI, 5; Portland St., 4; Lamar, 2; Elon, 1.

Nice work, I really wish people would do better with the titling on threads, especially these ones.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2019, 10:55 AM
kenny at 4, why?

why would N Iowa even fall in the poll for losing to Ala Bison...

Bison56
October 14th, 2019, 10:58 AM
kenny at 4, why?

They just love those Owls.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2019, 11:08 AM
kenny at 4, why?

......MAYBEAH....'CAUSE....DEY LOST BAH 32..........AWK!

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2019, 11:11 AM
......MAYBEAH....'CAUSE....DEY LOST BAH 32..........AWK!

maybe, but only the Coaches were surprised

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2019, 11:43 AM
maybe, but only the Coaches were surprised

I was surprised by the score. I'm also surprised that a team that is supposed to have a solid run defense (95 ypg prior to Saturday) allowed the Bison to rush for more yards (347) than UNI had combined (339).

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2019, 12:12 PM
I was surprised by the score. I'm also surprised that a team that is supposed to have a solid run defense (95 ypg prior to Saturday) allowed the Bison to rush for more yards (347) than UNI had combined (339).

nothing AlaBison does at the FCS level will surprise me

HootyHoo
October 14th, 2019, 01:55 PM
kenny at 4, why?

It's probably because for the last two seasons Kennesaw State has proven themselves a legitimate FCS powerhouse and should be feared from Cheney, Washington to Harrisonburg, Virginia. Bronson Rechsteiner and the Owls are going to the semifinals.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2019, 02:26 PM
It's probably because for the last two seasons Kennesaw State has proven themselves a legitimate FCS powerhouse and should be feared from Cheney, Washington to Harrisonburg, Virginia. Bronson Rechsteiner and the Owls are going to the semifinals.

xlolx Can't tell if serious... You haven't even been a program long enough to prove yourself a "powerhouse". Going 3-2 and getting bounced in the quarterfinals hardly qualifies. There's one true "powerhouse" and then there's the rest at this point, though SDSU could make a small claim after being bounced by the eventual champs the last 3 years.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2019, 05:42 PM

Hey Chattown. Subway called, your break ended awhile ago and those sandwiches do not just make themselves.

katss07
October 14th, 2019, 06:10 PM
I can’t think of one legitimate reason why KSU should be ahead of Weber State AND Montana xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2019, 06:15 PM
xlolx Can't tell if serious... You haven't even been a program long enough to prove yourself a "powerhouse". Going 3-2 and getting bounced in the quarterfinals hardly qualifies. There's one true "powerhouse" and then there's the rest at this point, though SDSU could make a small claim after being bounced by the eventual champs the last 3 years.

I kinda thought it had to be a joke.

Professor Chaos
October 14th, 2019, 06:33 PM
I kinda thought it had to be a joke.
I don't think it is... go back and look at his previous posts, this is right in character for that guy. IIRC he even predicted last year that Kennesaw would supplant NDSU and have a similar run of dominance in the not-too-distant future.

Silenoz
October 14th, 2019, 06:34 PM

Uh, there's one program that qualifies for that statement, and it's the one that's a B1G team masquerading as FCS

stevdock
October 14th, 2019, 07:53 PM
I can’t think of one legitimate reason why KSU should be ahead of Weber State AND Montana xlolx

Alphabetical Order ;)

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2019, 08:07 PM
should be feared from Cheney, Washington to Harrisonburg, Virginia
Feared from WA to VA?...The li’lhooters aren’t even feared 27 miles away in Waleska, GA.

The barnfowl pulled a Colgate in their most recent game and cancelled the game & quit in the 3rd quarter “due to weather” after my D2 Reinhardt Eagles (a much nobler bird) got things going by scoring late in the 1st half, holding KSU to 2 total yards in their final 2 possessions of the 1st half, then holding ksu to 5 yards on their 1st possession of the 2nd half, and forcing the barnchickens into a turnover on their 2nd possession. Of course the obscenely-yellowbirds obscenely ‘took’ another meaningless W because they happened to have the lead before they quit. At least Colgate had the decency not to call it a “Win” when they cancelled their game with Furman due to weather.

After southernpoly2.0 most likely notches another “impressive” (cough, cough) W this week against the worst Team in FCS, I have them losing 3 straight to UNA, the Monmouth Hawks (also a more noble bird), and Campbell.

Preferred Walk-On
October 14th, 2019, 08:25 PM

HootyHoo, we've missed you. Glad to see you are alive and well. While I don't have Kennesaw ranked in my top 10, I can appreciate that they have made some noise in the playoffs the past two years. Just not sure they will overthrow anybody significant this year (and unfortunately we'll have to wait until playoff time for that, assuming the Owls handle the Fighting Camels and the Hawks). Best of luck the rest of the season.

cx500d
October 14th, 2019, 08:50 PM
Why is Montana state 5 spots ahead of ballSac State?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dewey
October 14th, 2019, 10:51 PM

Slot voting.

Dewey

Catbooster
October 14th, 2019, 11:41 PM

Because we're good enough, we're smart enough and doggone it, people like us!

OhioHen
October 15th, 2019, 06:55 AM
Valid questions above. I would submit the following query:

How in h3ll does Delaware make the top 25 when the team that just curb-stomped the Hens gets just a SINGLE 25th place vote.

UD struggled early against a weak Delaware State, was somewhat fortunate to beat Rhode Island, and could have lost to Penn. None of the three wins is impressive. Most impressive performances this season was staying close against a middling Pitt and covering the large spread against NDSU.

ysubigred
October 15th, 2019, 08:55 AM
How in the hell is YSU still ranked? Seriously just because we had close but no cigar games against UNI and SDSU? I was fooled by the W against Samford. So YSU has zero creditability for a ranking to this point #Bookit!

FU_Paladin08
October 15th, 2019, 03:17 PM

The committee will bump them when it comes time to hand out seeds. I understand leaving them up there since they haven’t lost in the FCS, but come playoffs they will drop due to that strength of schedule.

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2019, 05:14 AM
The committee will bump them when it comes time to hand out seeds. I understand leaving them up there since they haven’t lost in the FCS, but come playoffs they will drop due to that strength of schedule.

I don't care where they rank KSU as long as they aren't seeded come playoff time.

The committee simply cannot award what they are doing with a playoff seed.

Derby City Duke
October 16th, 2019, 09:01 AM
I don't care where they rank KSU as long as they aren't seeded come playoff time.

I know the committee has penalized a team at least once for their schedule strength when it came to seeding. In 2016 SHSU was 12-0 with the highest scoring offense in FCS and the #1 ranking in the Coaches poll.

The committee awarded them the #5 seed (behind NDSU, EWU, JSU, and JMU). That caused them to get fed to JMU in the quarters where it did not end well for the Kats.

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2019, 09:26 AM
I know the committee has penalized a team at least once for their schedule strength when it came to seeding. In 2016 SHSU was 12-0 with the highest scoring offense in FCS and the #1 ranking in the Coaches poll.

The committee awarded them the #5 seed (behind NDSU, EWU, JSU, and JMU). That caused them to get fed to JMU in the quarters where it did not end well for the Kats.
It already bit Kennesaw last year (when they had a tougher schedule than they do this year). They were 10-1 in the regular season with the only loss to FBS Georgia St where they gave up a late lead yet they got seeded at #4 behind Weber St and EWU who were both 9-2 with an FCS loss. They were ranked #2 by both the STATS and Coach's polls on Selection Sunday ahead of Weber and EWU.

Guess what poll had them pegged at #4 on Selection Sunday??? :D

I still remember in 2012 (which was only a 20 team field) when a 10-1 Lehigh ranked in the top 15 by the "national polls" was left out of the playoffs completely after they lost the Patriot autobid. As much as some here like to claim it doesn't SOS does matter to the selection committee.

X-Factor
October 16th, 2019, 09:35 AM

McNeese State is also a really good example of that. They went undefeated or something close to it and I am not sure if they were seeded at all

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2019, 09:40 AM
McNeese State is also a really good example of that. They went undefeated or something close to it and I am not sure if they were seeded at all
You're probably thinking 2015. They were 10-0 (their FBS game for LSU got cancelled that year due to weather I believe) yet they were seeded at #4 behind 9-2 Illinois St and 9-2 NDSU even though McNeese was ranked 2nd in the Coaches poll and 3rd in the STATS poll. Then they went and lost their first game of the playoffs to a SHSU team they had beaten pretty handily a month earlier.

KSUFAN
October 16th, 2019, 04:34 PM

Funny this is Furman talking when Furman backed out of the scheduled game and rescheduled for 2023. Made KSU scramble this summer to get 12th game which had to be a home game due to season tickets. That is why Rhinehardt was scheduled. Then Duquesne was scheduled which they backed out to play New Hampshire which put the Point game on the schedule. KSU's schedule is terrible but this year's would have been "a little" better if these teams didn't back out. They can't help the Big South is so weak. When KSU joined the Big South Liberty, Coastal Carolina and Chuck South were all solid FCS teams. Liberty and Coastal Carolina leaving in the last 4 years for the FBS really hurt the conference. I really don't think the top teams in FCS would be willing to schedule home/home series. KSU made the quarters the last two years and the two games they lost came down to the wire. We all know the committee looks at past playoff performances when making decisions as well. With all that being said they aren't a top 4 team in my opinion but if they win out I could see the committee seeding them!

Professor
October 17th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Looks like everyone needs the playoffs to start to solve all this

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Yes, this season is no different than any other. xlolx

The mid October to Mid November arguments hold true every year.

BurialGround
October 17th, 2019, 06:19 PM
I have them losing 3 straight to UNA, the Monmouth Hawks (also a more noble bird), and Campbell.

xawesomex

Redbird 4th & short
October 18th, 2019, 08:51 AM
MY ISUr has no business being #11, but in particular should not be ahead of #12 Montana St or #15 Sac St.

As for Kennesaw, they are not 5-1 .. they are 3-1, and while they are 3-0 in FCS, they did that against the 103rd ranked SOS. I am pretty sure my Redbirds would beat that team, and I think our Massey Composite at #17 is close enough. KSU shouldbe in 15-20 range at best.

And FCS Selection Committee uses this Coaches Poll as a guide ... laughable, they might as well just throw their hands up and admit they are helpless. They could have chose better ... certainly they should choose something more objective. Not a bunch of lazy coaches who have far more important things to do during their work week than pay attention to the rest of the FCS landscape, outside their own conference and schedule.

Why not choose something like the Massey Composite as their guide, particularly for comparing quality wins and losses for teams with identical record ?? Who could seriously criticise that and what would they offer as a better AND more objective alternative ??

Assuming FCS Selection Committes does their top 10 thing after game weeks 10 and 11, skipping game week 12 .. as I recall .... we'll see how they do on that front this year. Getting the top 8 seeds right is very important - they usually do ok here other than some questionable seedings. Getting the next 10 right is usually not much of an issue ... and pariings and home field is largely a budgetarey exercise. But then getting the bubble teams reasonably right .. some people say, who cares ... I disagree, it is very important to those impacted teams. And last year, the committee failed miserably .... two 6-4 teams from Southland giving them 3 teams, and a third 6-4 team giving Colonial an unprecedented 6 bid only to watch 4 teams go one and done. Plus a 7-3 ETSU team, with several weak (i.e. bad) wins over very weak teams and a very weal schedule overall.

Anyway .. why would they choose the Coaches Poll over something like the Massey Composite as their guide ??

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2019, 09:00 AM
So say Kennesaw runs the table other than with a loss to Monmouth. Do they even make the playoffs at 10-2 with their awful SOS, complete lack of quality wins, and 2 D2 wins? I would think they're not going to stack up too favorably with an 8-4 team from the Big Sky/CAA/MVFC or even Southland. That'll put the committee in a tough spot if it does happen and Monmouth gets the Big South auto. They're supposed to only care about the results on the field this year but would they give Kennesaw a pass since they've been in the quarterfinals for the last 2 years and were presumably ranked in the top 10 of both the STATS and Coaches poll until their loss to Monmouth?

Redbird 4th & short
October 18th, 2019, 09:01 AM
As a previous detractor of NC A&T claims to the throne mid season xdrunkyx ... I must say NC A&T is competing much better this season that I would have expected. You guys seems to have reloaded pretty well ... as I said when NDSU v NCAT game was announced, I hope you guys reload in time for this game. Given both teams followings, this game is great for FCS football.

I wish they had moved it to Twin Cities like they did for their Butler game this year ... the draw would have been off the charts. Bison fans ... is there any chance they would be willing to move the venue. Target field holds close to 40k ... you drew 34k against Butler. I think you could fill it against NC AT. Lot easier for NCAT to get to Twin Cites than Fargo ... think about it .... 40,000 fans. Figure 25k or more Bison and maybe 10-15k NC AT fans. It is less than 6 hour drive from Chicago area, or an easy flight.

It would be huge .. and NCAT is looking like they reloaded pretty well this year. One more year should make it way more competitive than 57-10 you posted against Butler. It would be epic from fan interest standpoint for FCS, even if NDSU pulls away.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2019, 09:16 AM
A&T would not bring 10-15 fans to Target Field. NDSU would not to this game to TF. I could see a NDSU/UND game there in the future but I doubt UND would ever give up a home game for this. NDSU would in a 12 game season IMO....or consider it.

The NDSU/A&T game will be an interesting one next year. IMO, A&T will get their butts handed to them in the 2nd half.

Redbird 4th & short
October 18th, 2019, 09:30 AM
A&T would not bring 10-15 fans to Target Field. NDSU would not to this game to TF. I could see a NDSU/UND game there in the future but I doubt UND would ever give up a home game for this. NDSU would in a 12 game season IMO....or consider it.

The NDSU/A&T game will be an interesting one next year. IMO, A&T will get their butts handed to them in the 2nd half.

Do you know why and how the Butler game was moved .. you already mentioned fact that this is 12 game season. Did NDSU get much of the gate for that game or no ??

And agree NDSU will very likely pull away 2nd half.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Do you know why and how the Butler game was moved .. you already mentioned fact that this is 12 game season. Did NDSU get much of the gate for that game or no ??

And agree NDSU will very likely pull away 2nd half.
The Minnesota Twins organization approached NDSU about it I believe in 2016. They were in the midst of a downturn in attendance for Twins games (which didn't really turn around for them until this last summer) so they were looking for ways to host more events at Target Field to help offset that. NDSU and Butler had previously come to an agreement to play a guarantee game in Fargo with something like a $200k guarantee for Butler. The agreement NDSU came to with the Twins transferred that guarantee obligation to the Twins and then gave NDSU a cut of the ticket sales. What I heard was that a complete sellout would've netted NDSU $600k but I also heard rumors that the figure was higher than that.

They didn't quite sell out but they got within a couple thousand (had a shade over 38k in attendance and the stadium holds 40k) so I'd guess that NDSU got at least $500k and maybe more but the amount hasn't been reported yet that I've seen. Regardless, with that kind of money coming out of it I'm sure NDSU would be receptive to future events like that especially in seasons where they can't get FBS games (which seem to be more numerous than seasons they can get FBS games for the foreseeable future).

KSUFAN
October 18th, 2019, 11:53 AM
So say Kennesaw runs the table other than with a loss to Monmouth. Do they even make the playoffs at 10-2 with their awful SOS, complete lack of quality wins, and 2 D2 wins? I would think they're not going to stack up too favorably with an 8-4 team from the Big Sky/CAA/MVFC or even Southland. That'll put the committee in a tough spot if it does happen and Monmouth gets the Big South auto. They're supposed to only care about the results on the field this year but would they give Kennesaw a pass since they've been in the quarterfinals for the last 2 years and were presumably ranked in the top 10 of both the STATS and Coaches poll until their loss to Monmouth?

If KSU loses to Monmouth then I personally don't think they should get in. Big South conference is just too weak to put two teams in. Only way I see KSU getting in with a loss to Monmouth is if Monmouth somehow gets some national attention and moves into the polls. I don't see that happening with only conference games left. Maybe if they beat KSU that would be enough to get them ranked. The committee has been known to do some crazy stuff and they very likely would put KSU in due to recent playoff performances.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2019, 12:07 PM
If KSU loses to Monmouth then I personally don't think they should get in. Big South conference is just too weak to put two teams in. Only way I see KSU getting in with a loss to Monmouth is if Monmouth somehow gets some national attention and moves into the polls. I don't see that happening with only conference games left. Maybe if they beat KSU that would be enough to get them ranked. The committee has been known to do some crazy stuff and they very likely would put KSU in due to recent playoff performances.
Well, I'd guarantee the slot voters in the Coaches and STATS polls wouldn't move KSU below Monmouth in the consensus and I doubt KSU would drop much more than to #10-#12 in the Coaches poll where they're inexplicably ranked #4 right now.

No offense but I'd kind of like to see Monmouth knock off KSU just so the committee can (hopefully) show everyone how little the national polls mean by leaving a highly ranked 10-2 KSU team out of the field.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2019, 01:10 PM
The Minnesota Twins organization approached NDSU about it I believe in 2016. They were in the midst of a downturn in attendance for Twins games (which didn't really turn around for them until this last summer) so they were looking for ways to host more events at Target Field to help offset that. NDSU and Butler had previously come to an agreement to play a guarantee game in Fargo with something like a $200k guarantee for Butler. The agreement NDSU came to with the Twins transferred that guarantee obligation to the Twins and then gave NDSU a cut of the ticket sales. What I heard was that a complete sellout would've netted NDSU $600k but I also heard rumors that the figure was higher than that.

They didn't quite sell out but they got within a couple thousand (had a shade over 38k in attendance and the stadium holds 40k) so I'd guess that NDSU got at least $500k and maybe more but the amount hasn't been reported yet that I've seen. Regardless, with that kind of money coming out of it I'm sure NDSU would be receptive to future events like that especially in seasons where they can't get FBS games (which seem to be more numerous than seasons they can get FBS games for the foreseeable future).

I've heard 2 #s of what NDSU's take was from the Target Field game and both are way north of 500K.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2019, 01:26 PM
I've heard 2 #s of what NDSU's take was from the Target Field game and both are way north of 500K.
Interesting! I had heard some rumors that NDSU could be getting a 7 figure check from the Twins but figured that was probably exaggerated since the only reported number was the $600k max back when the game was first announced 3 years ago. If the number is even close to accurate there will definitely be more games like that in the future for NDSU football... too much money on the table to not do it again.

ST_Lawson
October 18th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Interesting! I had heard some rumors that NDSU could be getting a 7 figure check from the Twins but figured that was probably exaggerated since the only reported number was the $600k max back when the game was first announced 3 years ago. If the number is even close to accurate there will definitely be more games like that in the future for NDSU football... too much money on the table to not do it again.

Yeah...if you guys can pull that kind of money for what will likely be an easy win in technically a "neutral site" (although if it's in the Twin Cities, it's probably 80% NDSU fans anyway) every now and then...there's really no point in playing at an FBS school those years. You get the money, the win, and a lot of NDSU fans getting to watch the game...a lot more than you'll probably have at Oregon next year.

BurialGround
October 18th, 2019, 03:39 PM

I'm not going to sit here and say we deserve to be in with that schedule (we don't, though it sucks considering we got ducked by two teams that thought we'd be an easy win back when they scheduled us and then realized that wasn't the case). However, I do think at 10-2 with 8 FCS wins, we'd get in, partly because of past success, partly because we wouldn't have any bad losses, and partly because Monmouth was last four out last year, so the Big South isn't quite as discredited by the committee as people think (though it probably should be lol). In the end, it would likely come down to the manner of our wins and losses. If we blow out the rest of our wins, and the Monmouth loss* (keep in mind that these guys have never been competitive with us) is close, that would leave us with a close FBS loss, a close FCS loss, and 10 blowout wins. People would be pissed, and then we'd beat a SoCon team in the first round.

Grizzlies82
October 18th, 2019, 04:15 PM
I'm not going to sit here and say we deserve to be in with that schedule (we don't, though it sucks considering we got ducked by two teams that thought we'd be an easy win back when they scheduled us and then realized that wasn't the case). However, I do think at 10-2 with 8 FCS wins, we'd get in, partly because of past success, partly because we wouldn't have any bad losses, and partly because Monmouth was last four out last year, so the Big South isn't quite as discredited by the committee as people think (though it probably should be lol). In the end, it would likely come down to the manner of our wins and losses. If we blow out the rest of our wins, and the Monmouth loss* (keep in mind that these guys have never been competitive with us) is close, that would leave us with a close FBS loss, a close FCS loss, and 10 blowout wins. People would be pissed, and then we'd beat a SoCon team in the first round.

You pegged it about right. With a loss to Monmouth and essentially an 8-2 record they'd still be in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2019, 04:59 PM

I can almost bet NDSU/UND will be a game there in the near future.

ST_Lawson
October 18th, 2019, 07:24 PM
I can almost bet NDSU/UND will be a game there in the near future.

Further down the road a bit, an OOC against St. Thomas would probably draw a pretty huge crowd there too (once they're DI).

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Further down the road a bit, an OOC against St. Thomas would probably draw a pretty huge crowd there too (once they're DI).

That would be a good matchup. St Thomas has more alum in the Twin Cities than NDSU.

Probably could put 50-60K in US Bank for that one.

gofurman
October 19th, 2019, 09:47 AM
As a previous detractor of NC A&T claims to the throne mid season xdrunkyx ... I must say NC A&T is competing much better this season that I would have expected. You guys seems to have reloaded pretty well ... as I said when NDSU v NCAT game was announced, I hope you guys reload in time for this game. Given both teams followings, this game is great for FCS football.

I wish they had moved it to Twin Cities like they did for their Butler game this year ... the draw would have been off the charts. Bison fans ... is there any chance they would be willing to move the venue. Target field holds close to 40k ... you drew 34k against Butler. I think you could fill it against NC AT. Lot easier for NCAT to get to Twin Cites than Fargo ... think about it .... 40,000 fans. Figure 25k or more Bison and maybe 10-15k NC AT fans. It is less than 6 hour drive from Chicago area, or an easy flight.

It would be huge .. and NCAT is looking like they reloaded pretty well this year. One more year should make it way more competitive than 57-10 you posted against Butler. It would be epic from fan interest standpoint for FCS, even if NDSU pulls away.

Furman is playing NC A&T in the next few years. Good FCS game

gofurman
October 19th, 2019, 09:51 AM

Burial, no offense, but as Wofford fans said, even THEY (as our rival) wish you had to play us last year. Let's table this Big South over SoCon in playoffs until it happens. You scraped by a Woff team we beat 34-14

that said, all that SHOULD matter for any team ( Furman, KSU, whomever) is what you do THIS year. This is not an argument with Burial at all just my thoughts as I don't like this thing of reputation on last year helping with this years potential. Hate to think of Seniors not getting in playoffs because they have to set the table (maybe get in top 25) so the next class of players can get playoff bid with same ouitcome as the prior class because of starting preseason higher in poll

BurialGround
October 20th, 2019, 05:42 AM
Burial, no offense, but as Wofford fans said, even THEY (as our rival) wish you had to play us last year. Let's table this Big South over SoCon in playoffs until it happens. You scraped by a Woff team we beat 34-14

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Anyway, the whole score comparison thing isn't a good way to measure hypothetical matchups, especially in the SoCon where everyone beats everyone else. Didn't you guys lose to the Samford team we manhandled?

But it doesn't matter, and there's still a lot of time before we worry about the playoffs.

HootyHoo
October 20th, 2019, 08:02 AM
I think it’s nonsensical to suggest there is any possibility that the Ancient and Most Noble Football Program of Kennesaw State University could lose to Monmouth. Any Big South team who stays within 21 points should be automatically awarded second place in the conference. Professor Chaos and his ilk are terrified of meeting the Owls in the postseason, for it will mean the end of their season and dynasty.

Professor Chaos
October 20th, 2019, 08:03 AM
I think it’s nonsensical to suggest there is any possibility that the Ancient and Most Noble Football Program of Kennesaw State University could lose to Monmouth. Any Big South team who stays within 21 points should be automatically awarded second place in the conference. Professor Chaos and his ilk are terrified of meeting the Owls in the postseason, for it will mean the end of their season and dynasty.
https://media.giphy.com/media/a3zqvrH40Cdhu/giphy.gif

Derby City Duke
October 20th, 2019, 12:45 PM

Cute post. Cuter screen name.