Weekly Winner Recap:

Week 1: Wildcat1997
Week 2: Daytripper
Week 3: McNeese72
Week 4: Outsider1
Week 5: Katfan
Week 6: McNeese75
Week 7: SUPharmacist

7 weeks. 7 different winners. How strange is that!

Massey Ratings chances of visiting teams winning:

UCA 85%
Nicholls 47% (shocker)
SFA 21%
HBU 30%
Lamar 36%

McNeese75
October 13th, 2019, 09:11 PM
UCA at NWST
Nicholls at SHSU
SFA at ACU
HBU at McNeese
Lamar at UIW
SLU vs BYE U.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU 125

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU 4

BEAR
October 13th, 2019, 09:14 PM
325 TDs in ONE game?

xlolx

BEAR
October 13th, 2019, 09:16 PM
UCA at NWST
Nicholls at SHSU
SFA at ACU
HBU at McNeese
Lamar at UIW
SLU vs BYE U.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU: 135

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU: 2

McNeese75
October 13th, 2019, 09:25 PM
325 TDs in ONE game?

xlolx

reading comprehension can be challenging, LOL I really meant 35

BEAR
October 13th, 2019, 09:47 PM
reading comprehension can be challenging, LOL I really meant 3535 TDs in ONE game? Dude...put the bottle down. I know the loss to UCA was hard but no way you can seriously mean that!

Edit: Saw you picked 4. xlolx

McNeese72
October 13th, 2019, 09:51 PM
I don't even know why I attempt this with this crazy conference this season.

UCA at NWST
Nicholls at SHSU
SFA at ACU
HBU at McNeese
Lamar at UIW
SLU vs BYE U.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU 150

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU 3 TD's

Doc

BEAR
October 13th, 2019, 09:54 PM
I was going to let you up on my platform doc! But you looked intense! I lost count how many times you shook your head after every play! xlolx

bonarae
October 14th, 2019, 02:20 AM
UCA
Nicholls
ACU
McNeese
UIW

SHSU run yards - 128
ACU pass TDs - 2 TDs

Katfan
October 14th, 2019, 07:53 AM
Weekly Winner Recap:

Week 1: Wildcat1997
Week 2: Daytripper
Week 3: McNeese72
Week 4: Outsider1
Week 5: Katfan
Week 6: McNeese75
Week 7: SUPharmacist

7 weeks. 7 different winners. How strange is that!

UCA 85%
Nicholls 47% (shocker)
SFA 21%
HBU 30%
Lamar 36%
They haven’t seen our new and improved offense! You called it we have a qb issue. Never seen a game where the opposing teams offense doesn’t score in regulation and wins!

Katfan
October 14th, 2019, 07:56 AM
October 19, 2019

UCA at NWST
Nicholls at SHSU
SFA at ACU
HBU at McNeese
Lamar at UIW
SLU vs BYE U.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU 220

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU 2

McNeese72
October 14th, 2019, 08:56 AM
I was going to let you up on my platform doc! But you looked intense! I lost count how many times you shook your head after every play! xlolx

I tend to zone out when I am shooting a game. And my shaking my head could be one of two things. Either I didn't get a decent photo on the play or I didn't like how the play turned out. A lot of times it is the first.

Doc

McNeese72
October 14th, 2019, 08:58 AM
What did you ACU people think of HBU?

Doc

bwbear
October 14th, 2019, 09:05 AM
UCA at NWST
Nicholls at SHSU
SFA at ACU
HBU at McNeese
Lamar at UIW
SLU vs BYE U.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 09:07 AM
I tend to zone out when I am shooting a game. And my shaking my head could be one of two things. Either I didn't get a decent photo on the play or I didn't like how the play turned out. A lot of times it is the first.

Doc

I've seen the shots you've released...they are REALLY good as usual! Good game between two teams struggling to find themselves. Should have been closer but that over the head punt snap and those missed field goals hurt.

Outsider1
October 14th, 2019, 10:20 AM
What did you ACU people think of HBU?

Doc

Offensively, they still showed us that they really do have the ability to score quickly. We simply could not let up on them. Two things worked in our favor Saturday night: 1) We matched up well against them in general. 2) We stepped up our aggressiveness. We tackled better for the most part and didn’t give them the cushions we have in other games. Defensively, I think that we were just more physical. Their defense was where they were supposed to have made more progress. Either we really stepped it up, or that really isn’t the case. I would say, probably a little bit of both. A couple of times, HBU made the needed stop. For the most part though, we did well on the ground and in the air. I think McNeese will match up with them pretty decently as well. You are still more physical than they are.

SpreadTheWord
October 14th, 2019, 10:27 AM
UCA at NWST
Nicholls at SHSU
SFA at ACU
HBU at McNeese
Lamar at UIW
SLU vs BYE U. - SLU rebounds after a tough loss to my Cards

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU 150

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU 2

TheRevSFA
October 14th, 2019, 10:29 AM
UCA
Nicholls
SFA
HBU
UIW

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU - 202

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU - 1

Outsider1
October 14th, 2019, 10:32 AM
UCA at NWST - UCA, you guys are the better team and found your mojo.
Nicholls at SHSU - This can be an interesting game, but have to go with Nicholls unless Sammy gets their mojo.
SFA at ACU - ACU, we are at home and it is homecoming. We will be energized after last Saturday.
HBU at McNeese - Like I told doc, McNeese will be too physical. I say they slow HBU down enough to get the win; even if not by big numbers.
Lamar at UIW - I am looking forward to this match up, but I think UIW takes it.
SLU vs BYE U. - Gotta give this to the Lions.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU = 98

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU = 4

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Outsider1- Would you mind if possible BOLDING your picks so its easier for me to evaluate after the games? Thanks!

Outsider1
October 14th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Outsider1- Would you mind if possible BOLDING your picks so its easier for me to evaluate after the games? Thanks!

Sorry Bear, first time voting on the iPad and still getting used to it :) The glasses help, lol...

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 12:44 PM
TV/Streaming schedule for Southland games this week:

Saturday, October 19
* Nicholls at Sam Houston State, 2 p.m., ESPN+
* Stephen F. Austin at Abilene Christian, 3 p.m., ESPN+
* Lamar at UIW, 4 p.m., ESPN3
* Central Arkansas at Northwestern State, 6 p.m., Cox Sports Television/ESPN+

*Southland Conference Game
**All Times Central

I'm looking for the HBU at McNeese game listing.

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Sorry Bear, first time voting on the iPad and still getting used to it :) The glasses help, lol...

No problem. Never saw you do that before so I figured something was different. Ipads are a little different animals when it comes to text. Thanks for bolding those though.

McNeese72
October 14th, 2019, 01:20 PM
I've seen the shots you've released...they are REALLY good as usual! Good game between two teams struggling to find themselves. Should have been closer but that over the head punt snap and those missed field goals hurt.

Funny thing about the bad snap was that I was sitting there thinking to myself this would be a bad time for a bad snap or a blocked punt. Then I thought, no, our long snapper has been good all season. And then what does he do but snap the ball over the punter's head. That is no lie, that is actually what I thought before the snap. I think I jinxed him. ;)

Doc

McNeese75
October 14th, 2019, 02:29 PM
Dammit Doc, you must have been thinking about a black cat too

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Funny thing about the bad snap was that I was sitting there thinking to myself this would be a bad time for a bad snap or a blocked punt. Then I thought, no, our long snapper has been good all season. And then what does he do but snap the ball over the punter's head. That is no lie, that is actually what I thought before the snap. I think I jinxed him. ;)

Doc

No way! The lottery numbers for this week are? xeyebrowxxlolx

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 04:01 PM
Looking at the conference's records let's do another week of PLAYOFF POSSIBLE:

Good chance:
Nicholls 4-2 (Probability: A win at SHSU and they sit 5-2. Nicholls loss means they drop to POSSIBLE. )
UIW 4-2 (Probability: A win and UIW moves to 5-2. A loss and they move to POSSIBLE )
UCA 4-2 (Probability: 5-2 after playing NWST this weekend. A loss and UCA moves to POSSIBLE)

Possible:
SHSU 4-3 (Probability: Bearkats loss means they drop to UNLIKELY. A win and they sit at 5-3)
Lamar 4-3 (Probability: A win over UIW this week and Lamar sits at 5-3. A loss and they move to UNLIKELY)
HBU 4-3 (Probability: A loss against McNeese and HBU moves to UNLIKELY. A win and they sit at 5-3.)
SLU 3-3 NOT PLAYING THIS WEEK

Unlikely:
ACU 3-4 (Probability: A win and they stay alive in the UNLIKELY category. A loss and the season is for sure over.)
McNeese 3-4 (Probability: A win and they stay in the UNLIKELY category. A loss and the season is over for sure.)

Out already:
SFA 1-5 (Probability: Another loss to ACU isn't going to matter. A win and they take ACU out of the playoff picture and down to OUT ALREADY)
NWST 0-6 (Probability: Another loss this week to UCA isn't going to matter. A win and UCA moves down to POSSIBLE)

bwbear
October 14th, 2019, 04:15 PM

Doc

What I did not get is why the kicker did not kick it as soon as he had it? He looked around, almost like he was going to make a move. He had time to get something off. Who knows, it may have gone off a UCA player and y'all recover. Just an odd sequence of events.

Daytripper
October 14th, 2019, 04:24 PM
UCA at NWST - It may be closer than we think.
Nicholls at SHSU - Just because the Bearkats are schizophrenic.
SFA at ACU - SFA begins their resurgence.
HBU at McNeese - The HBU free-fall continues.
Lamar at UIW - UIW is the hottest team in the Conference right now.
SLU vs BYE U. - BYE will keep it close, but the Lions pull out the victory.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU - 238

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU - 4

BEAR
October 14th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Massey ratings percents of victories for remaining games.

Good chance:
Nicholls: Favored in 5 of 6 last games. Strange SHSU at 47%. But who knows! Strong team. But I see Nicholls winning this one.
UIW: Favored in 3 of last 6 games. Likely losses at Nicholls, New Mexico State and UCA according to Massey. If so they would be 7-5.
UCA: Favored in all 6 remaining games. Um..no. I don't see this. Hope so...but unlikely. If so then 10-2.

Possible:
SHSU: Favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. Nicholls and UCA up next for the Bearkats. Win those two and they are looking good. Lose one and ACU and HBU are waiting. No room for error. May be an outsider looking in with 4 losses or might sneak in.
Lamar: Favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. IUW (playing tough lately) and UCA (who knows) are up next. Gotta get those. same scenario as SHSU.
HBU: Not favored in ANY of remaining games. Has McNeese, SLU, Nicholls, Lamar and SHSU left. Tough road to get a spot. Unlikely IMO.
SLU: Favored in 2 of 5 remaining games. HBU and SFA next. Good chance to win those. Then UCA, ACU, and Nicholls await. Ouch. Two more losses and it's over IMO.

Unlikely:
ACU: Favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. Likely losses Nicholls and Mississippi State. Best case is 6-6.
McNeese: Favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. Likely losses Nicholls and Lamar according to Massey Ratings. Could also be 6-6.

Out already:
SFA: Favored in 1 of last 6 games.(NWST) It's over. ACU, McNeese, SLU, IUW, UCA remain. Just too much.
NWST: Not favored in ANY of remaining 6 games. Too many losses already. UCA, IUW, McNeese, Lamar, SHSU, and SFA remain.

McCowboys
October 14th, 2019, 05:01 PM
UCA at NWST - It may be closer than we think.
Nicholls at SHSU - Just because the Bearkats are schizophrenic.
SFA at ACU - SFA begins their resurgence.
HBU at McNeese - The HBU free-fall continues.
Lamar at UIW - UIW is the hottest team in the Conference right now.
SLU vs BYE U. - BYE will keep it close, but the Lions pull out the victory.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU - 238

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU - 4

Daytripper, are you picking HBU or McNeese? You bolded HBU, but then say their free fall continues. ?

McCowboys
October 14th, 2019, 05:11 PM
TV/Streaming schedule for Southland games this week:

Saturday, October 19
* Nicholls at Sam Houston State, 2 p.m., ESPN+
* Stephen F. Austin at Abilene Christian, 3 p.m., ESPN+
* Lamar at UIW, 4 p.m., ESPN3
* Central Arkansas at Northwestern State, 6 p.m., Cox Sports Television/ESPN+

*Southland Conference Game
**All Times Central

I'm looking for the HBU at McNeese game listing.

It does not look like the HBU-McNeese game has been picked up anywhere. It doesn't even seem to be listed on McNeese's streaming service. ?

Katfan
October 14th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Massey ratings percents of victories for remaining games.

Good chance:
Nicholls: Favored in 5 of 6 last games. Strange SHSU at 47%. But who knows! Strong team. But I see Nicholls winning this one.
UIW: Favored in 3 of last 6 games. Likely losses at Nicholls, New Mexico State and UCA according to Massey. If so they would be 7-5.
UCA: Favored in all 6 remaining games. Um..no. I don't see this. Hope so...but unlikely. If so then 10-2.

Possible:
SHSU: Favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. Nicholls and UCA up next for the Bearkats. Win those two and they are looking good. Lose one and ACU and HBU are waiting. No room for error. May be an outsider looking in with 4 losses or might sneak in.
Lamar: Favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. IUW (playing tough lately) and UCA (who knows) are up next. Gotta get those. same scenario as SHSU.
HBU: Not favored in ANY of remaining games. Has McNeese, SLU, Nicholls, Lamar and SHSU left. Tough road to get a spot. Unlikely IMO.
SLU: Favored in 2 of 5 remaining games. HBU and SFA next. Good chance to win those. Then UCA, ACU, and Nicholls await. Ouch. Two more losses and it's over IMO.

Unlikely:
ACU: Favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. Likely losses Nicholls and Mississippi State. Best case is 6-6.
McNeese: Favored in 3 of 5 remaining games. Likely losses Nicholls and Lamar according to Massey Ratings. Could also be 6-6.

Out already:
SFA: Favored in 1 of last 6 games.(NWST) It's over. ACU, McNeese, SLU, IUW, UCA remain. Just too much.
NWST: Not favored in ANY of remaining 6 games. Too many losses already. UCA, IUW, McNeese, Lamar, SHSU, and SFA remain.
If we can figure out how to win without our offense scoring or scoring for the other team, watch out! But I just don’t see it.

McCowboys
October 14th, 2019, 06:46 PM
It does not look like the HBU-McNeese game has been picked up anywhere. It doesn't even seem to be listed on McNeese's streaming service. ?

The game will be available only through McNeese $. It was not shown as being streamed by McNeese until they were sure it wasn't being picked up by anyone else.

McCowboys
October 14th, 2019, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=Katfan;2813716]If we can figure out how to win without our offense scoring or scoring for the other team, watch out! But I just don’t see it.[/QUOTE

You scored pretty handily against McNeese. Is the 'Kats problem bad quarterbacking or injured quarterbacks? Is Lamar's defense good? They held ACU's offense, too. Or was that due to an injured Wildcat quarterback?

Puddin Tane
October 14th, 2019, 11:59 PM
UCA at NWST.......... Tempted to pick NWST, but I need a pick em win
Nicholls at SHSU.............. Sams got qb woes
SFA at ACU............... Honestly, I think sfa has a good team right now
HBU at McNeese................. Pokes found some offense?
Lamar at UIW................ Bore em to death offense strikes again!!!
SLU vs BYE U.

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU. 137

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU 0

Puddin Tane
October 15th, 2019, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=Katfan;2813716]If we can figure out how to win without our offense scoring or scoring for the other team, watch out! But I just don’t see it.[/QUOTE

You scored pretty handily against McNeese. Is the 'Kats problem bad quarterbacking or injured quarterbacks? Is Lamar's defense good? They held ACU's offense, too. Or was that due to an injured Wildcat quarterback?

our run d is ok. Sams Qb played turrible.

McCowboys
October 15th, 2019, 05:43 AM
[QUOTE=McCowboys;2813732]

our run d is ok. Sams Qb played turrible.

It seems like in year's past, McNeese is still getting everyone's best shot. According to the UCA fans who post here, UCA went back to the things that made them successful on offense against the Cowboys. Too bad they didn't wait one week longer. :-(

Daytripper
October 15th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Daytripper, are you picking HBU or McNeese? You bolded HBU, but then say their free fall continues. ?

I fixed it. I meant to bold McNeese.

BEAR
October 15th, 2019, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=Puddin Tane;2813823]

It seems like in year's past, McNeese is still getting everyone's best shot. According to the UCA fans who post here, UCA went back to the things that made them successful on offense against the Cowboys. Too bad they didn't wait one week longer. :-(

What game 6 wasn't late enough? Fans saw the talent on our team...but apparently our coaches didn't. But I guess we're not on the sidelines and they are getting paid so there's that...... xcoffeexxlolx

BEAR
October 15th, 2019, 10:10 AM
I'm thinking about making the trip down to NWST to the game. With the meat pie restaurant right across the street from the stadium at least we'll have some good food. Plus I know the area enough to be able to drive to that nice restaurant by the river the night before for a nice romantic dinner. Wish I could remember the name and I hope its still there!

Warning to SHSU fans. Eat before you come to the game in Conway. $3 for a plain hot dog in a smashed bun wrapped in foil cooked HOURS ago is not what I call giving a dang about food service. It's so bad I couldn't even find a generic pic on a search to post. xlolx

McCowboys
October 15th, 2019, 10:18 AM
I'm thinking about making the trip down to NWST to the game. With the meat pie restaurant right across the street from the stadium at least we'll have some good food. Plus I know the area enough to be able to drive to that nice restaurant by the river the night before for a nice romantic dinner. Wish I could remember the name and I hope its still there!

Warning to SHSU fans. Eat before you come to the game in Conway. $3 for a plain hot dog in a smashed bun wrapped in foil cooked HOURS ago is not what I call giving a dang about food service. It's so bad I couldn't even find a generic pic on a search to post. xlolx

Lasyone's Meat Pie Restaurant: http://lasyones.com/

BEAR
October 15th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Lasyone's Meat Pie Restaurant: http://lasyones.com/

That's a good one!

McNeese72
October 15th, 2019, 10:44 AM

The one out by on the lake is Mariner's Restaurant. We have eaten there a few times after games.

Got a good story about one time when we ate there. While we were waiting for our food one time, I and Cbuck's son, Scott, were watching the end of LSU's game with Tenn. (if I remember right) on my phone. It was the end of the game and LSU had it down inside the 10 with just seconds left. They didn't score and time ran out so we turned the game off. Later, on during or after the meal, Cbuck was checking scores and said to us that it said that LSU won that game. Scott and I go, "No way! We watched the end of that game" Turns out that that was the game that had the weird penalty at the end of the game and LSU had a second chance and scored the winning TD.

Doc

McCowboys
October 15th, 2019, 11:00 AM
The one out by on the lake is Mariner's Restaurant. We have eaten there a few times after games.

Got a good story about one time when we ate there. While we were waiting for our food one time, I and Cbuck's son, Scott, were watching the end of LSU's game with Tenn. (if I remember right) on my phone. It was the end of the game and LSU had it down inside the 10 with just seconds left. They didn't score and time ran out so we turned the game off. Later, on during or after the meal, Cbuck was checking scores and said to us that it said that LSU won that game. Scott and I go, "No way! We watched the end of that game" Turns out that that was the game that had the weird penalty at the end of the game and LSU had a second chance and scored the winning TD.

Doc

Mariner's is on the lake that is named after me! :-) My ancestors were one of the first English/American settlers to settle in what had been French Louisiane after the Louisiana Purchase.

I made the trip to Natchitoches MANY times growing up in Leesville, and I made the trip one time with CBuck and crew, and we did eat at Mariner's on that occasion. It was wonderful! I do also like the history of Lasyone's and the meat pies! Natchitoches is an historic and beautiful city.

BEAR
October 15th, 2019, 11:31 AM
You guys are making me hungry! xlolx Weather forecast for our game there is 67 degrees and rainy. Boo! I'm hearing its an 11 a.m. kickoff but our schedule and the Southland says 6 p.m. HUGE difference there... gotta find out which one is right!

bwbear
October 15th, 2019, 11:52 AM
You guys are making me hungry! xlolx Weather forecast for our game there is 67 degrees and rainy. Boo! I'm hearing its an 11 a.m. kickoff but our schedule and the Southland says 6 p.m. HUGE difference there... gotta find out which one is right!

I'm not seeing anything that says 11a. UCA's schedule, NWST's schedule, and ESPN+ all have 6p. '

Regarding UCA's stadium food, agree 100% BEAR. We're pathetic. However, if anyone is hungry, head across the street from the stadium. Most of the corporate vendors over there have something. We'll personally be hitting up the Alumni and Friend's tailgate with Eat My Catfish and Fat Daddy's BBQ that day.

The only thing I'll eat from inside the stadium is M&M's (peanut M&M's preferred).

BEAR
October 16th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Next week I will start a thread for "what are your teams chances to make the playoffs/ win the conference now" as I see that our conference is so topsy turvy anything could happen. xlolx

McNeese72
October 16th, 2019, 09:55 AM
0 chance for either. But things are improving, especially on offense. The biggest problem right now is that we have had too many defensive backs get hurt. The DB that you guys kept beating Saturday was a safety that was forced into playing cornerback because of all of the cornerback injuries.

Doc

BEAR
October 16th, 2019, 10:19 AM
0 chance for either. But things are improving, especially on offense. The biggest problem right now is that we have had too many defensive backs get hurt. The DB that you guys kept beating Saturday was a safety that was forced into playing cornerback because of all of the cornerback injuries.

Doc

DBs are a premium in our conference this year. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
October 16th, 2019, 06:13 PM

Okay, so Maglieaux's is on the River, directly across from the La. Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, and a block away from the St. Denis Hotel. It's hard to go wrong there, and there's another pub across the street....back toward the NSU campus, there's Mama's which serves steaks and cajun fare. It's right next door to Papa's bar. They're Not bad...then there's The Landing and Mayeaux's that are at the far end of downtown, closer to Campus. Lasyone's is a block off the river....There's a few other smaller places too...

And, yes, the Mariner out on the Lake is good, too...

Front street is a fun place, actually. I've stayed at the St. Denis and hung out on Front Street a couple of time....it's pretty nice actually...They're starting to get more and more live entertainment down there, and the outdoor ampitheater and pavillion across the street is pretty nice...All in all, with the coffee shops and the antique/boutique stores on Front, it's not a bad weekend destination.

Perfect for old folks like us...

BEAR
October 16th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the info. My wife loved visiting the first time. We will likely check out a few places as we browse the area!

Puddin Tane
October 16th, 2019, 11:49 PM

stadium food at LU is trash. went to UL to watch the cajuns, they had fresh jambalaya, boudin, 2.00 beer, 1.00 cokes....we have sunflower seeds and a chicken-like sandwich.

note to McNeese fans coming to Beaumont later this year, need me some Darrell's...

McCowboys
October 17th, 2019, 08:50 AM
stadium food at LU is trash. went to UL to watch the cajuns, they had fresh jambalaya, boudin, 2.00 beer, 1.00 cokes....we have sunflower seeds and a chicken-like sandwich.

note to McNeese fans coming to Beaumont later this year, need me some Darrell's...

I recently ate at Darrell's for the first time ever -- AWESOME!!!

Sammy94
October 17th, 2019, 12:25 PM
UCA at NWST
Nicholls at SHSU
SFA at ACU
HBU at McNeese
Lamar at UIW

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU 202

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU 3

BEAR
October 17th, 2019, 02:42 PM
The below ratings for visiting teams have not changed as of today:

UCA 85%
Nicholls 47% (shocker)
SFA 21%
HBU 30%
Lamar 36%

Any injuries or players/coaches going to absent for this week's games? Might change some predictions!

BEAR
October 17th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Massey predictions for games left in the SLC. Some teams have 5 games left while others have 6. Looking at this the conference is wide open!

Green means over 50% chance to win.
Orange means less than 50% chance to win.

Edit: IUW is UIW. Don't know why I do that. xlolx

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31169&stc=1

Daytripper
October 17th, 2019, 03:47 PM

UCA 85%
Nicholls 47% (shocker)
SFA 21%
HBU 30%
Lamar 36%

Any injuries or players/coaches going to absent for this week's games? Might change some predictions!

The only thing absent in Huntsville this weekend will likely be respectable QB play for the Bearkats..

- - - Updated - - -

Massey predictions for games left in the SLC. Some teams have 5 games left while others have 6. Looking at this the conference is wide open!

Invalid Attachment

McNeese72
October 17th, 2019, 03:47 PM

UCA 85%
Nicholls 47% (shocker)
SFA 21%
HBU 30%
Lamar 36%

McNeese's secondary is still decimated by injuries. We will see a lot of balls in the air Saturday by both teams.

Doc

SFA 93
October 17th, 2019, 04:10 PM
SFA always seems to be up for playing ACU.

2018: SFA:24; ACU:21
2017: SFA:20; ACU:10
2016: SFA:41; ACU:30
2015: ACU:35; SFA:32
2014: ACU:37; SFA:35

BEAR
October 17th, 2019, 05:01 PM
The only thing absent in Huntsville this weekend will likely be respectable QB play for the Bearkats..

- - - Updated - - -

Invalid Attachment

Ugh. Nevermind. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
October 17th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Absences in Huntsville this weekend?

So apparently that means it's NOT Conjugal Visit weekend??? ;)

SUPharmacist
October 17th, 2019, 11:39 PM
UCA
SHSU
ACU
HBU
UIW

Bonus 1: 143 yards
Bonus 2: 3 tds

BEAR
October 18th, 2019, 08:27 AM
I have a feeling, unless I win it, that this week we will have our FIRST two week winner. xthumbsupx

SpreadTheWord
October 18th, 2019, 08:44 AM

IUW as in Indiana University of Women? Not sure if there's actually a college named that but we definitely used to play like their football team pre-Eric Morris era.

BEAR
October 18th, 2019, 11:01 AM
IUW as in Indiana University of Women? Not sure if there's actually a college named that but we definitely used to play like their football team pre-Eric Morris era.

Yeah I don't know why I type that constantly. Glad to see someone else was able to display my chart. Hope everyone can see it now.

Outsider1
October 19th, 2019, 08:36 PM
Besides us shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties, Luke holding on to the ball too long, and our secondary playing too soft...SFA gameplanned and executed really well. SFA is going to ruin someone's season I think. Next year their record will look different if they keep everyone, except graduates, given more growth. We, on the other hand, still play like Jekyl and Hyde. I am kind of tired of it myself and was looking for more out of this season.

Outsider1
October 19th, 2019, 08:41 PM
I think the Huskies luck has worn out and they are finally hitting the tougher part of their schedule.

Outsider1
October 19th, 2019, 08:42 PM
UIW is definitely hitting their stride!!

Katfan
October 19th, 2019, 08:56 PM
UIW is definitely hitting their stride!!
Just shows where SHSU would be if Schmid didn’t break his hand

Outsider1
October 19th, 2019, 09:05 PM
UCA is back to their 1st half woes, but still able to keep their 2nd half comebacks. Interested to hear how much of that was NSU. I wasn't able to see or hear any of the first part of the game. UCA just held off a NSU TD.

BEAR
October 19th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Hey we've scored in every quarter! it's an improvement! xlolx

BEAR
October 19th, 2019, 10:56 PM
Everyone went 4-1. But it appears our winner below was the closest on the bonuses. I just eyeballed it so if I’m wrong let me know!
Answers-
Bonus 1 : 104
Bonus 2: 2

UCA
Nicholls
ACU
McNeese
UIW

SHSU run yards - 128
ACU pass TDs - 2 TDs

McCowboys
October 20th, 2019, 06:52 AM
UCA is back to their 1st half woes, but still able to keep their 2nd half comebacks. Interested to hear how much of that was NSU. I wasn't able to see or hear any of the first part of the game. UCA just held off a NSU TD.

The Demons lost to UCA 31-30. The Demons scored with about a minute remaining and elected to go for two instead of kicking the extra point to tie. If I were a Demon fan, I would not be happy.

Sammy94
October 20th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Fake news, I went 5-0

BEAR
October 20th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Correction. This week's winner. I asked if I missed any but got attitude instead. Great. Sammy94 can host this week's pick'em. xcoffeex

UCA at NWST
Nicholls at SHSU
SFA at ACU
HBU at McNeese
Lamar at UIW

Bonus: Rushing yards by SHSU 202

Bonus: Passing TDs by ACU 3

Sammy94
October 20th, 2019, 04:06 PM
You’re doing a great job bear.

BEAR
October 20th, 2019, 06:57 PM
You’re doing a great job bear.

It’s on you this week. xthumbsupx

Outsider1
October 20th, 2019, 10:09 PM
The Demons lost to UCA 31-30. The Demons scored with about a minute remaining and elected to go for two instead of kicking the extra point to tie. If I were a Demon fan, I would not be happy.

I watched the end of that game and scratched my head a little. Both SFA and NSU are teams that can ruin someone's night; even more than HBU at this point. I can understand the 2 point decision, even if the extra point may have been the more practical decision.

Puddin Tane
October 21st, 2019, 01:22 AM
Correction. This week's winner. I asked if I missed any but got attitude instead. Great. Sammy94 can host this week's pick'em. xcoffeex

i can only wish I’d go 4-1. But I’m done picking LU, so that should help

BEAR
October 21st, 2019, 08:48 AM
Massey percents of home teams winning this week:

UCA 50% hosting SHSU 50%
UIW 88% hosting NWST 12%
SFA 49% hosting McNeese 51%
Nicholls 69% hosting ACU 31%
HBU 37% hosting SLU 63%

Daytripper
October 21st, 2019, 08:56 AM
Massey percents of home teams winning this week:

UCA 50% hosting SHSU 50%
UIW 88% hosting NWST 12%
SFA 49% hosting McNeese 51%
Nicholls 69% hosting ACU 31%
HBU 37% hosting SLU 63%

Dis gon be a game....

BEAR
October 21st, 2019, 10:04 AM
Dis gon be a game....

You coming?

Daytripper
October 21st, 2019, 10:14 AM
You coming?

I wish. It's about a 5-6 hour drive for me and I don't think I will be able to do it. Conway is a bucket list item for us, eventually.

FormerPokeCenter
October 21st, 2019, 10:21 AM
Make sure you stock up on your Epilepsy medicine before you venture to see The Stripes in person....;)

FormerPokeCenter
October 21st, 2019, 10:23 AM
Rod Serling should provide voice over narration as you enter the gates to that place.

Imagine if you will: A football field with garish competing colors every five yards, sure to make visiting fans and players nauseous...

BEAR
October 21st, 2019, 10:56 AM
Rod Serling should provide voice over narration as you enter the gates to that place.

Imagine if you will: A football field with garish competing colors every five yards, sure to make visiting fans and players nauseous...

Oh look...another joke about our football field. xlolx xrolleyesx

FormerPokeCenter
October 21st, 2019, 12:15 PM
Aren't the two synonymous? ;)

McNeese72
October 21st, 2019, 01:17 PM
Oh look...another joke about our football field. xlolx xrolleyesx

Don't give, Jay, an opening. ;)

Doc

Puddin Tane
October 22nd, 2019, 12:28 AM
Make sure you stock up on your Epilepsy medicine before you venture to see The Stripes in person....;)

dont recall watching UCA on tv. ive seen pics. is it as bad as trying to watch boise st or eastern washington?

Daytripper
October 22nd, 2019, 07:17 AM
dont recall watching UCA on tv. ive seen pics. is it as bad as trying to watch boise st or eastern washington?

I know you said you've seen pics, but it's worth another look.
https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/6a0115709f071f970b015432b92a33970c.jpe

BEAR
October 22nd, 2019, 08:59 AM
http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wglt/files/styles/x_large/public/201710/estes_stadium.jpg

Puddin Tane
October 22nd, 2019, 11:33 AM
I know you said you've seen pics, but it's worth another look.
https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/6a0115709f071f970b015432b92a33970c.jpe

doesnt look tv viewing friendly! Is it as bad in person? I’m getting dizzy looking at pic.

bwbear
October 22nd, 2019, 01:29 PM
doesnt look tv viewing friendly! Is it as bad in person? I’m getting dizzy looking at pic.

TV and pictures do not do it justice. It looks great on game day.

That being said, it may have to be overhauled soon. It is starting to show its age.

McNeese72
October 22nd, 2019, 02:05 PM

Still love my travel buddy, Chris Buchanan's, quote when he saw it for the first time. He said that it makes him want to light candles and sing happy birthday. ;)

Doc

McNeese72
October 22nd, 2019, 02:07 PM
TV and pictures do not do it justice. It looks great on game day.

That being said, it may have to be overhauled soon. It is starting to show its age.

If it is replaced, is the color grandfathered in? I heard that the NCAA has said no to anymore colored turf fields.

Doc

BEAR
October 22nd, 2019, 02:09 PM
I heard that if it is replaced the color is grandfathered in. But you know the NCAA..they can change their mind and maybe already have for all us fans know.

bwbear
October 22nd, 2019, 07:30 PM
I LOVE the stripes, but personally wish we'd go back to real grass field. I hold a theory that artificial turf fields lead to more injuries. I have no imperial stats or proof, but just seems like you hear about more high ankle sprains and knee issues on turf than grass.

SpreadTheWord
October 23rd, 2019, 01:17 PM
Are we doing a pick em this week?

McNeese72
October 23rd, 2019, 01:22 PM
Are we doing a pick em this week?

I think one of the Kat fans pissed off Bear. I think Bear told him he could go ahead and do it this week. But nada.

Doc