Schism55
October 12th, 2019, 06:00 PM
Go Guins!

mmiller_34
October 12th, 2019, 06:05 PM
I posted this in another thread earlier:

Re: 2019 AGS Pick'em Week 7
Just needed to get this in somewhere:

Dont see SDSU winning at Youngstown State. We always drop at least one conference game and today is feeling like that day. YSU-31, SDSU 17. Just feel like it’s going to be a struggle after not playing an away game in over a month.

#BookIt

mmiller_34
October 12th, 2019, 06:07 PM
YSU already pulling their starters as they give their starting QB a break.

Bison56
October 12th, 2019, 06:15 PM
What a 4th down stuff.

dewey
October 12th, 2019, 06:18 PM
What a 4th down stuff.

Absolutely! Nice stick by the linebacker.

The very next play the YSU QB throws an interception. Luckily for the Penguins it was reversed.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 06:21 PM
I have no love for SDSU but that defensive holding call that got YSU out of 3rd and forever was a really weak call.

dewey
October 12th, 2019, 06:29 PM
Youngstown State goes for it on 4th and 1 with a deep fade route.

Announcers thought it was defensive PI. I never got a good look at it.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Youngstown State goes for it on 4th and 1 with a deep fade route.

Announcers thought it was defensive PI. I never got a good look at it.

Dewey
It was. Stripes having a rough day. Both teams have gotten fortuitous calls from what I've seen though.

dewey
October 12th, 2019, 06:35 PM
SDSU puts together a nice drive to get into field goal range but the kick is missed.

14-3 YSU at the half.

Why would YSU throw deep on 4th and 1?

Dewey

mmiller_34
October 12th, 2019, 06:40 PM
It was. Stripes having a rough day. Both teams have gotten fortuitous calls from what I've seen though.

YSU has not been flagged for a penalty once. I can handle when my team gets flagged, but at least call it even.

penguinpower
October 12th, 2019, 06:45 PM
The pass play on 4th and 1 into the endzone made YSU play by play guy go nuts. He said there was a fist full of jersey right in front of the referee and it wasn't called. He wasn't getting over it very well 5 min after it happened. Did anyone see it?

The Yo Show
October 12th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Mmiller it will come. I'm expecting we will get one horrible call somewhere. I've never seen a game in person where we haven't gotten a penalty

- - - Updated - - -

The pass play on 4th and 1 into the endzone made YSU play by play guy go nuts. He said there was a fist full of jersey right in front of the referee and it wasn't called. He wasn't getting over it very well 5 min after it happened. Did anyone see it?

There was alot of contact but I think they felt it was uncatchable

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 06:52 PM
Wow. SDSU QB is not good. You don’t have anyone better on your team? He can run but can’t throw a lick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
October 12th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Wow. SDSU QB is not good. You don’t have anyone better on your team? He can run but can’t throw a lick.

What are you looking at? ...

He can’t run either...

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 07:02 PM
What are you looking at? ...

He can’t run either...

He can run a little. Horrible mechanics. Slow release.

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Great pick there.

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Way too early to go for two. IMO

mmiller_34
October 12th, 2019, 07:08 PM
We are classic “point chasers”. Have been for a decade.

just take the XP and play defense.

mmiller_34
October 12th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Dump pass out in the flats and no body was home. YSU 45 yard TD pass.

Cant wait for a playoff trip to Fargo again.

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 07:30 PM
That was a weak pass interference call. Looked like the SDSU player lost his balance and fell down.

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2019, 07:31 PM
That was a weak pass interference call. Looked like the SDSU player lost his balance and fell down.

Agree.....didn't look overly catchable either.

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 07:32 PM
Iffy PI call on YSU extends the SDSU drive leading to a TD to make it 21-16 YSU. Ironically enough this white hat is the same guy Pelini melted down on when NDSU was in Youngstown in 2015. Are we destined for another epic meltdown from Bo???

IBleedYellow
October 12th, 2019, 07:37 PM
****ing damnit SDSU.

Play better!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

JacksFan40
October 12th, 2019, 07:39 PM
****ing damnit SDSU.

Play better!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
No

Hammersmith
October 12th, 2019, 07:46 PM
I missed the call except for no yardage, what was the penalty on that TD?

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2019, 07:46 PM
I missed the call except for no yardage, what was the penalty on that TD?

Sideline warning

Hammersmith
October 12th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Sideline warning

On SDSU for celebrating?

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Ol' Craig Bohl had a whale of a quote back in the day that applies to this game. Something like "If you score a defensive TD you're most likely going to win the game."

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2019, 07:48 PM
On SDSU for celebrating?

Yup

Hammersmith
October 12th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Yup

Thx

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 08:15 PM
Have to throw here if you want to win SDSU.

ytownchief22
October 12th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Another brutal loss.

steelbison
October 12th, 2019, 08:17 PM
YSU defense had a bad second half.

mmiller_34
October 12th, 2019, 08:21 PM
Well I’ll be damned. I guess a characteristic of a good team is that they can play like **** for 3/4th the game and still win.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 12th, 2019, 08:23 PM
So who's the second best team in MVFC? SDSU, Illinois State or UNI?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2019, 08:25 PM
So who's the second best team in MVFC? SDSU, Illinois State or UNI?

SDSU and it is not even close.

NDSU and SDSU are the top 2 teams and the rest are fluff.

ysubigred
October 12th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Another brutal loss.What's brutal about it? Same **** different year,,, YSU sucks NDSU unbeatable. So boring and I'm done. Goooo Bizon [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ysubigred
October 12th, 2019, 08:34 PM

NDSU and SDSU are the top 2 teams and the rest are fluff.No doubt.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 12th, 2019, 08:36 PM

NDSU and SDSU are the top 2 teams and the rest are fluff.

Fair enough! I have to believe the second best (maybe not second place) MVFC team is a lock for a seed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2019, 08:43 PM
Fair enough! I have to believe the second best (maybe not second place) MVFC team is a lock for a seed.

NDSU is going 12-0 or 11-1

SDSU is going 11-1 or 10-2

Valley title going to either one of them.

TennBison
October 12th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Another brutal loss.
More like an embarrassing loss. But only because it was YSU. Not because it is your team or anything like that, but this has been the norm with Bo P since he took over. He just can't get over the hump. Bo is looked upon as if he is some sort of coaching legend by the AD when in fact, he is only middle of the road at best. YSU was in complete control of that game and yet found a way to add one to the loss column.

ysubigred
October 12th, 2019, 08:53 PM
More like an embarrassing loss. But only because it was YSU. Not because it is your team or anything like that, but this has been the norm with Bo P since he took over. He just can't get over the hump. Bo is looked upon as if he is some sort of coaching legend by the AD when in fact, he is only middle of the road at best. YSU was in complete control of that game and yet found a way to add one to the loss column.Agree. I hate it but Bo must go.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 12th, 2019, 08:57 PM
More like an embarrassing loss. But only because it was YSU. Not because it is your team or anything like that, but this has been the norm with Bo P since he took over. He just can't get over the hump. Bo is looked upon as if he is some sort of coaching legend by the AD when in fact, he is only middle of the road at best. YSU was in complete control of that game and yet found a way to add one to the loss column.

I feel like his tenure at YSU is paralleling his time in Lincoln.

TennBison
October 12th, 2019, 09:00 PM

NDSU 11-1 (going undefeated is so tough to do)
SDSU 10-2

Rabbits might hand us our one loss, if so I think some other team will knock them off and both teams finish with one conference loss but SDSU wins the head to head. Orrrrrrrrrr, we take out the rabbits but still manage to lose one of those games we should win, and the rabbits still lose to another team and end up with two conference losses, giving NDSU the conference title. Either way, Bison need to beat the Jacks to win the conference title outright.

ysubigred
October 12th, 2019, 09:06 PM
I feel like his tenure at YSU is paralleling his time in Lincoln.In Lincoln he won 8-10 games a year in FCS that's playoffs especially in the MVFC. @ YSU hes been a bad recruiter and poor game manager piss poor adjustments is a norm. One great year with another coach's recruits was it.

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 09:10 PM

SDSU goes 10-2 or 9-3. They're always good for one head scratching loss per year so if they beat NDSU they go 10-2. They lose it's 9-3.

TennBison
October 12th, 2019, 09:11 PM
I feel like his tenure at YSU is paralleling his time in Lincoln.
He had a pretty darn good record at Nebraska. No stats in front of me ATM but if I remember, he beat up on a week OOC schedule every year and would always lose to two good conference foes every year (Ohio, Mich State, Wisconsin or such) while beating Mn, Indiana, Purdue etc. Michigan and Northwestern were iffy teams during his time at Nebraska. If a guy with his supposed pedigree and being from Youngstown (they love to make something of that as if it is a free pass to the college football Hall of Fame) can't at least set YSU in the right direction then he is coaching way above where he should be. Any chance a High school team in Youngstown needs a new coach???

BeamMeUp
October 12th, 2019, 09:12 PM
I am sure to have more to share throughout the week, but here are my initial thoughts...

Disastrous loss for the YSU Football program. Up 21-9 late 3Q and proceed to give up 29 points down the stretch.
YSU’s defense was outstanding in the first half, but just horrible in the last 25 minutes or so.
This loss clearly comes down to coaching. Stig and SDSU made great coaching adjustments at half, while YSU clearly didn’t. Absolutely no other way to slice it. SDSU outcoached YSU in the 2nd half.
SDSU is a contender, while YSU is a pretender. How many close calls are you going to have as a program under Bo or Wofford? You wonder why you struggle to get people to come out to games, it is because our own community continues to question whether or not you have turned the corner. Clearly you haven’t. As a side note, two years ago we beat these guys in front of a massive crowd... a statement win. But we proceeded to get embarrassed the next four weeks to USD, NDSU, UNI, and ILSU. Statement wins alone don’t mean to you’ve turned the corner, consistent, quality play that transcends to wins and playoff runs do.
Grain of Hope: I will throw this one last thing out there. That was only YSU’s second loss, so if Bo and this staff can look at themselves in the mirror and coach these boys up the last 6 weeks of the season, there is still hope. It starts next week at SIU. No More Excuses! This was going to be a tough win regardless, but so disappointed in our play in the 2nd half.

JacksFan40
October 12th, 2019, 09:14 PM

Don’t doubt our ability to lose 2-3 games we shouldn’t lose. Right now I see the big games are obviously NDSU. UNI is always tough and USD is on a roll right now.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 12th, 2019, 09:16 PM
He had a pretty darn good record at Nebraska. No stats in front of me ATM but if I remember, he beat up on a week OOC schedule every year and would always lose to two good conference foes every year (Ohio, Mich State, Wisconsin or such) while beating Mn, Indiana, Purdue etc. Michigan and Northwestern were iffy teams during his time at Nebraska. If a guy with his supposed pedigree and being from Youngstown (they love to make something of that as if it is a free pass to the college football Hall of Fame) can't at least set YSU in the right direction then he is coaching way above where he should be. Any chance a High school team in Youngstown needs a new coach???

He was 67-27 at Nebraska. He was a 9-4/10-4 machine....

This should definitely be a make or break year for him at YSU. I didn't realize they were only 6-5 in 2017. I thought he was 15'ish games over .500 at YSU.....

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Agree. I hate it but Bo must go.

Nebraska is a dumpster fire, maybe they will take him back.

ysubigred
October 12th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Nebraska is a dumpster fire, maybe they will take him back.No chance he cussed out crooked boosters.[emoji86][emoji87][emoji85]

The Yo Show
October 12th, 2019, 10:06 PM
I am sure to have more to share throughout the week, but here are my initial thoughts...

Disastrous loss for the YSU Football program. Up 21-9 late 3Q and proceed to give up 29 points down the stretch.
YSU’s defense was outstanding in the first half, but just horrible in the last 25 minutes or so.
This loss clearly comes down to coaching. Stig and SDSU made great coaching adjustments at half, while YSU clearly didn’t. Absolutely no other way to slice it. SDSU outcoached YSU in the 2nd half.
SDSU is a contender, while YSU is a pretender. How many close calls are you going to have as a program under Bo or Wofford? You wonder why you struggle to get people to come out to games, it is because our own community continues to question whether or not you have turned the corner. Clearly you haven’t. As a side note, two years ago we beat these guys in front of a massive crowd... a statement win. But we proceeded to get embarrassed the next four weeks to USD, NDSU, UNI, and ILSU. Statement wins alone don’t mean to you’ve turned the corner, consistent, quality play that transcends to wins and playoff runs do.
Grain of Hope: I will throw this one last thing out there. That was only YSU’s second loss, so if Bo and this staff can look at themselves in the mirror and coach these boys up the last 6 weeks of the season, there is still hope. It starts next week at SIU. No More Excuses! This was going to be a tough win regardless, but so disappointed in our play in the 2nd half.

Beam, I like your optimism, but to be realistic there is no chance of that grain of hope. I think it's more likely we go 0 for October than win the rest of the way. I don't even know if we beat SIU now

ysubigred
October 12th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Beam, I like your optimism, but to be realistic there is no chance of that grain of hope. I think it's more likely we go 0 for October than win the rest of the way. I don't even know if we beat SIU nowImpossible. NDSU is in Nov. 6-6 is more what I'm seeing. USD looks good all of the sudden.

Bisonoline
October 12th, 2019, 11:42 PM
I just cant believe how YSU just fell apart.

TennBison
October 13th, 2019, 08:26 AM
That is because Bo has a couple screws loose.

The Yo Show
October 13th, 2019, 09:27 AM

Me either! That was one of the worst collapses I've ever seen by YSU.

semobison
October 13th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Me either! That was one of the worst collapses I've ever seen by YSU.

Two YSU penalties changed the game in the 4th qtr. The pass interference on 3rd and goal from the 9 which was questionable and the unsportsmanlike on the center in the red zone. Minimum 7 point swing plus momentum.
Collapse yes, but the penalties got the ball rolling!

POD Knows
October 13th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Agree. I hate it but Bo must go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using TapatalkThey had SDSU on the freaking ropes in the first half, YSU D was playing lights out, completely dominating the game and it almost looked like SDSU had quit already. I still have YSU in my poll but this might be the worst offensive team in the top 25 right now. No tools whatsoever.

POD Knows
October 13th, 2019, 10:13 AM
I just cant believe how YSU just fell apart.I can't either, I quit watching the game at the half because it looked like YSU completely owned SDSU and then I check the score on my phone and had to turn the game back on. Might have to watch the replay. The YSU D played great football in the first half but that offense sucks major balls. I wouldn't be surprised if SIU doesn't roll them this next weekend.

Paladin1aa
October 13th, 2019, 10:42 AM
I was at the game. First half YSU was on fire, played well and had game under control. Second half, SDSU made half time adjustments and came back. They are a pretty good FCS team. While YSU can play well at times in the toughest FCS conference, they still have talent problems and obvious coaching problems. 4th and one , driving and you throw a fade route by a QB not known for his passing ability ? Questionable adjustments on D ? YSU has no OL tackles, none.

Yet, I still expect them to win 8 games and make the playoffs. It starts with SIU coming up. Win that and only for sure loss is to NDSU coming up. Lose the SIU game and it gets dicey. I picked SDSU to beat YSU even though I thought it could be close. I expect them to play NDSU tough, but lose. But they should win most if not all the remaining MVFC games.

Bozos future needs to be discussed at season end. Poor recruiter and teams who play erratically. Never thought much of him at YSU or Nebraska. Beat the cupcakes and falter in good competition.

ysubigred
October 13th, 2019, 01:59 PM
They had SDSU on the freaking ropes in the first half, YSU D was playing lights out, completely dominating the game and it almost looked like SDSU had quit already. I still have YSU in my poll but this might be the worst offensive team in the top 25 right now. No tools whatsoever.YSUs offense has been terrible the better part of the last 10 years. Traditional YSU has lived off of Defense even in the glory years. Just something wrong with Bo as the head coach. He gets 30 minutes of ass kicking play from his teams, the other 30 minutes who the hell knows what happens. The bright side is the Guins will man up or out man everyone left on the schedule except NDSU. IF the coaches get their act together YSU can end up 9-3. The way it looked yesterday 6-6 maybe more realistic.

Paladin1aa
October 14th, 2019, 07:12 AM
Not sure you are giving them credit, Red. They have played 2 of the top 3 MVFC teams with NDSU coming up. They played those teams well except for the very end. Had chances to win. They should roll thru most of the other league teams unless they have major injuries. Eight wins and possible 9. Admittedly Bozo still hasn’t recruited well or coached well enough to be in the top 2 and considered a major power as in the old days. With Mays injured , the challenge is at QB and he’ll have an iffy OL. The D should be stiff for most remaining teams. Top 4 and maybe 5 teams will be playoff bound.

ysubigred
October 15th, 2019, 07:47 AM
Not sure you are giving them credit, Red. They have played 2 of the top 3 MVFC teams with NDSU coming up. They played those teams well except for the very end. Had chances to win. They should roll thru most of the other league teams unless they have major injuries. Eight wins and possible 9. Admittedly Bozo still hasn’t recruited well or coached well enough to be in the top 2 and considered a major power as in the old days. With Mays injured , the challenge is at QB and he’ll have an iffy OL. The D should be stiff for most remaining teams. Top 4 and maybe 5 teams will be playoff bound.

Same **** different team with YSU. Nothing is great about this bunch of players. The offense sucks and the defense can't hang on for the duration of the game. They are good kids don't get me wrong but playing four quarters of football is not in their DNA. Coaching staff!?! Not sure they even know what the hell is going on.

Nothing wrong to losing to the top teams in the conference but UNI?? SDSU?? both games should be W's "IF" we had some coaching and intestinal fortitude. I'd like to think YSU was one of the top teams you refer to but watching the last two game just confirmed what I seen the 1st 4 games, another weak attempt at turning the corner to become the tops in the MVFC.

Hopefully I'll be eating my words but we'll see what happens playing the Dawgs Saturday.

Paladin1aa
October 15th, 2019, 09:30 AM
This bunch of players ? Picture this - eliminate the late transfers... the Jones boys at C and S, late transfer Douglas who starts at RG, late Jucos Starks and Perez who started at G early and provide some depth on the OL. Add in the 6th year of Reed at DE and return of injured S Hegedus. Without them , this season looked bleak with a weak QB, no strong RB and for the second straight year not a worthwhile OT in sight not to mention the players that otherwise would have started in place of the aforementioned. This year could have been really ugly with Bozos poor h.s. Recruiting. Discount the extremely weak OOC. They have just enough to finish maybe 4th and make the playoffs. Even with near losses to UNI and SDSU, they have the chance to go 8-4 and maybe, maybe 9-3. That’s pretty good in anyone’s book.

ysubigred
October 15th, 2019, 09:57 AM
This bunch of players ? Picture this - eliminate the late transfers... the Jones boys at C and S, late transfer Douglas who starts at RG, late Jucos Starks and Perez who started at G early and provide some depth on the OL. Add in the 6th year of Reed at DE and return of injured S Hegedus. Without them , this season looked bleak with a weak QB, no strong RB and for the second straight year not a worthwhile OT in sight not to mention the players that otherwise would have started in place of the aforementioned. This year could have been really ugly with Bozos poor h.s. Recruiting. Discount the extremely weak OOC. They have just enough to finish maybe 4th and make the playoffs. Even with near losses to UNI and SDSU, they have the chance to go 8-4 and maybe, maybe 9-3. That’s pretty good in anyone’s book.Let me go I know what I'm doing #Bookit!