PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions - Week 7

mvemjsunpx
October 9th, 2019, 08:54 PM
NoCo 17-35 EWU — Eastern is 6-0 against NoCo at home, but—oddly enough—none of those wins were blowouts

Idaxlolx 24-37 Portland St. — Since dropping back down to I-AA/FCS, the Vandals are 0-9 on the road

Cal Poly 28-38 Davis — One loss will end the Aggies' playoff hopes, but that won't happen this week

NoDak 28-29 Idaho St. — The Bengals just proved they were a fraud, but they kinda have NoDak's number

Suutah 10-31 Weber — The road team has won 8 of the last 9 here, but that trend isn't likely to continue

Sac State 28-24 Montana St. — The Hornets lead the league in run D, so can MSU finally find some aerial answers?

bonarae
October 9th, 2019, 10:13 PM
EWU
Portland State
UC Davis
UND
Weber State
Montana State (toss-up)

JALMOND
October 9th, 2019, 11:29 PM
Currently at 52-8 for the year and still chasing that elusive prefect weekend. Six games on the docket this week. Here is my attempt at perfection.

CP at UCD---Aggies need to break out of their funk and get back to winning. It won't be easy against a Mustangs team that enjoys wrecking havoc on anyone they face. The Mustangs won't come in scared but can they win?...UCD 31, CP 21.

UI at PSU---This one is actually easy. Both the Vandals and the Vikings have looked good at home and terrible on the road. In that case, it bodes well for the Vikings as they are the home team this week...PSU 35, UI 24.

North Dakota at ISU---Any chance for a Griz hangover this week? The Bengals better hope not, as they are the better team here and are playing at home. The only thing that could come in to play is that dreaded hangover...ISU 41, North Dakota 24.

UNC at EWU---This one was easy at the beginning of the season when the Eagles were great and the Bears were terrible. But it has become more difficult as the Bears can play against anyone and the Eagles can't stop anyone. Still,...EWU 35, UNC 32.

SAC at MSU---Good test for the Hornets to see if they are truly for real, heading out to Bobcat territory, facing a team that was taken to overtime last week. This should be a good one, even if the snow neutralizes things a bit...MSU 29, SAC 28.

SUU at WSU---The Thunderbirds have fallen off and the Wildcats have soared so far, so this should be easy. But any instate rivalry is never all that easy in football. Except this one...WSU 41, SUU 14.

wapiti
October 10th, 2019, 08:56 AM
CP 20 at 31 UCD---This game is going to be closer then what I would have predicted in the preseason. But the home team wins this one.

UI 21 at 24 PSU---Home field advantage wins this one

North Dakota 24 at 27 ISU---Another home field advantage win

UNC 24 at 42 EWU---EWU is eager to put a team away with ease and this is a game for that to happen.

SAC 29 at 32 MSU---If this was in Sac then Sac wins, but it's in Bozeman. I see this as a 50-50 tossup game. It could go either way. If MSU wins the turnover battle then MSU wins the game.

SUU 10 at 28 WSU---BBQ defense stifles the tbirds

UM 0 @ 0 BYE---This ends in a tie. No one has ever beat bye.

SactoHornetFan
October 10th, 2019, 09:51 AM
CP at UCD:---The Mustangs have been rising nicely in the past couple of weeks, though dropped a nailbiter at home to MSU in OT this past week. The Davis defense has just been atrocious the past two weeks when they thought they were good coming off a decent performance against NDSU. Poly regains the Golden Horseshoe. CP 27, UCD 17

UI at PSU---Skol! It's a Scandinavian battle this week in Hillsboro. PSU's defense looked mighty nice against SUU. The Vandals played well against Weber at home but still fell short. PSU will win Thor's moljnar this week. PSU 28, UI 21

UND at ISU---Who are the Bengals this year? Look like world beaters against PSU, go up 17-0 in Missoula...then crashed faster than PG&E's stock after this week's power outages. The Artists Formerly Known as The Sioux got a nice win, albeit barely, at home last week against UCD. If Ketteringham continues to stay healthy, look for a dominant offensive display from the Grand Forks flock. UND 21, ISU 17

UNC at EWU---Man the Bears will face an angry Eagle squad in Cheney this week. UNC blew a 10 point, 3rd quarter lead at NAU last week. Offensively the Bears are an enigma. Knipp, who is back somewhat healthy, threw for 411 yards against the Jacks, but the supposed UNC run game (who was preseason touted) has just disappeared. The Eagles fall from grace really starts with shoddy OL play. The big men up front for EWU are all seniors yet they allowed seven, yes 7(!!!), sacks against Sac State. Eastern is undefeated at home this year and will keep that streak alive this week. EWU 45, UNC 23

SUU at WSU---The FCS Beehive Boot game features two Utah rivals in opposite directions. SUU has just disintegrated from their Big Sky title team of two seasons ago, ironically, starting in that playoff home loss to Weber. The fall has been stunning. Meanwhile, Weber's offense continues to get better on a game by game basis. Its Homecoming in Ogden, a rivalry game, and a Wildcat victory. WSU 27, SUU 10

SAC at MSU---For the second straight week, the Hornets are in the Big Sky GOTW. This week in Bozeman against Montana State, who, near coughed up the game at Poly last week allowing the Mustangs to rally from 28-7 down to force OT. But the Bobcat defense held Poly's offense down, a missed FG and three running plays later, MSU escaped with their closest win. This week, they host a Hornet squad that is #1 in rushing defense and scoring defense and a very potent offensive attack. Coach Taylor has the talented Hornets believing they are Big Sky contenders. Have to prove it on the road this week to show they belong in the upper echelon of the conference. SAC 38, MSU 24

MSUBobcat
October 10th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Luckily, a few of these were on the AGS Pick 'Em, so I just need to copy my answers.

Sac State @ MSU - BSC GOTW. Best rushing offense against the best rushing defense. Per the Bobcats' website, Sac State won the last meeting in 2016 in Sacramento, ending a run of at least 10 straight wins by MSU, dating back to 2005 (as far back as the archive goes). Sac State hasn't won in Bozeman for at least 15 years. Toss up game goes to the home team. MSU by 3 (like 5 of the last 11 games).

UND @ ISU - The key to beating UND appears to be running the ball, which isn't necessarily the Bengals strong suit. However, at home against PSU, the league's #2 rushing defense at 100 ypg, they ran for 166 yards. Stick to the run, win the game. Bengals by 7.

UNC @ EWU - NoCo shocked me by beating Idaho at home, as I didn't see them winning a game all year after dumping the home game against USD. I'm sticking with my theory that they don't have a W remaining on the schedule. EWU by 18.

UI @ PSU - granted only 1 game was against FCS and that was a bad SUU team, but PSU is scoring truckloads in their 3 games at home, and Idaho hasn't won on the road. PSU by 13.

Cal Poly @ UC-Davis - Poly is a tough team, Davis is reeling. I thought last week they'd get off the schneid, but apparently the road was just a bit too much. With the season on the line, it's either WIN at home or GO home. Davis by 6.

SUU @ BBQ - not much analysis necessary. One of the league's best at home vs. one of the league's worst. Gimme pick of the week (last time I declared a game a tap-in putt resulted in an upset so.... xsmiley_wix). WSU by 21.

BYE @ UM - the Griz perform just well enough against an opponent that was so nonexistent you'd almost think they weren't there to maintain their #6 spot in the AGS poll next Monday.

JALMOND
October 10th, 2019, 11:18 AM
Being that people want to put their bye predictions, I say BYE will split their two games with the Griz and Jacks this week. I won't say who wins and who loses, just that BYE will split. xlolx

MSUBobcat
October 10th, 2019, 11:56 AM
SAC at MSU---For the second straight week, the Hornets are in the Big Sky GOTW. This week in Bozeman against Montana State, who, near coughed up the game at Poly last week allowing the Mustangs to rally from 28-7 down to force OT. But the Bobcat defense held Poly's offense down, a missed FG and three running plays later, MSU escaped with their closest win. This week, they host a Hornet squad that is #1 in rushing defense and scoring defense and a very potent offensive attack. Coach Taylor has the talented Hornets believing they are Big Sky contenders. Have to prove it on the road this week to show they belong in the upper echelon of the conference. SAC 38, MSU 24

Sac State worries me more than any remaining game besides the Brawl, now that the wheels have come off Davis. But do you really see a 14 victory for the Hornets IN BOZEMAN? I wouldn't be surprised by a loss, but damn....

SactoHornetFan
October 10th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Sac State worries me more than any remaining game besides the Brawl, now that the wheels have come off Davis. But do you really see a 14 victory for the Hornets IN BOZEMAN? I wouldn't be surprised by a loss, but damn....

The Hornets can score defensively too. Not only was there a Pick-Six against EWU, but the DL just decimated that Eagle senior-laden OL with 7 sacks, and one of those resulted in a strip fumble and scoop and score by Obinna. The speed with which the SAC defense operates at is faster than I've ever seen them.

geaux_sioux
October 10th, 2019, 01:24 PM
I’m not sure if everyone has noticed, but when it’s UND and ISU, the road team wins.

mvemjsunpx
October 10th, 2019, 05:13 PM
UM 0 @ 0 BYE---This ends in a tie. No one has ever beat bye.

Cal State Northridge did, then nobody ever heard from them again… xshhhx

Grizzlies82
October 10th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Here are the right answers kids (You at home, feel free to take notes):

Davis over Cal Poly (typically a close game. This year maybe not)
Idaho over Portland St (Vandals are bound to eventually win one on the road)
Idaho St over No Dakota (likely a good game)
E WA over No Colorado (likely a blow out)
Sacramento St over MT State (Tight game then Hornets by 10 or more)
Weber St over So Utah (likely a blow out)

SUPharmacist
October 10th, 2019, 07:51 PM
EWU
PSU
Cal Poly
UND
Weber St
MSU

siouxfan512
October 11th, 2019, 08:57 AM
NoCo 17-35 EWU — Eastern is 6-0 against NoCo at home, but—oddly enough—none of those wins were blowouts

Idaxlolx 24-37 Portland St. — Since dropping back down to I-AA/FCS, the Vandals are 0-9 on the road

Cal Poly 28-38 Davis — One loss will end the Aggies' playoff hopes, but that won't happen this week

NoDak 28-29 Idaho St. — The Bengals just proved they were a fraud, but they kinda have NoDak's number

Suutah 10-31 Weber — The road team has won 8 of the last 9 here, but that trend isn't likely to continue

Sac State 28-24 Montana St. — The Hornets lead the league in run D, so can MSU finally find some aerial answers?

Just curious how Idaho St has Nodak's number? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they have split the last 4 games, 2 a piece, with the road team always winning.

100%GRIZ
October 11th, 2019, 11:01 AM
EWU
ID
Davis
ISU
Weber
Sac
MT wins bye & moves up in the polls

nodak651
October 11th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Just curious how Idaho St has Nodak's number? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they have split the last 4 games, 2 a piece, with the road team always winning.

Probably because they have two big upsets against us within the past few years, games that killed our momentum and ended up keeping us out of the playoffs. Last year they beat us at home after our SHSU win. In 2015 we were 4-1 with an FBS win and they came in and beat us again.

The away team has won 5 games in a row in this series.

mvemjsunpx
October 11th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Probably because they have two big upsets against us within the past few years, games that killed our momentum and ended up keeping us out of the playoffs. Last year they beat us at home after our SHSU win. In 2015 we were 4-1 with an FBS win and they came in and beat us again.

The away team has won 5 games in a row in this series.

This. NoDak also beat ISU by just 7 in the year UND went 8-0 in the Big Sky.

mvemjsunpx
October 11th, 2019, 03:42 PM
NOCO @ EWU
Spread - Eagles by 19
Sagarin - Eagles by 19
Massey - Eagles by 25

IDA @ PSU
Spread - Viks by 1.5
Sagarin - Vandals by <1
Massey - Viks by 2

CP @ UCD
Spread - Aggies by 13.5
Sagarin - Aggies by 12
Massey - Aggies by 13

UND @ ISU
Spread - Bengals by 1
Sagarin - Bengals by 1
Massey - Bengals by 3

SUU @ WEB
Spread - Wildcats by 23.5
Sagarin - Wildcats by 23
Massey - Wildcats by 28

SAC @ MSU
Spread - Bobcats by 1.5
Sagarin - Bobcats by 3
Massey - Bobcats by 5

SactoHornetFan
October 12th, 2019, 06:52 PM

Told you it would be about 14 ;)

fencer24
October 12th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Told you it would be about 14 ;)

Well done Sir! Now do Next week.

Catbooster
October 12th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Congrats Sac State. You outplayed us.

Schism55
October 12th, 2019, 10:30 PM
Sac St is going to win the Big Sky, aren't they? What a time to be alive xdrunkyx

veinup
October 12th, 2019, 10:57 PM
nah..

JALMOND
October 13th, 2019, 02:31 PM
Currently at 52-8 for the year and still chasing that elusive prefect weekend. Six games on the docket this week. Here is my attempt at perfection.

CP at UCD---Aggies need to break out of their funk and get back to winning. It won't be easy against a Mustangs team that enjoys wrecking havoc on anyone they face. The Mustangs won't come in scared but can they win?...UCD 31, CP 21.

UI at PSU---This one is actually easy. Both the Vandals and the Vikings have looked good at home and terrible on the road. In that case, it bodes well for the Vikings as they are the home team this week...PSU 35, UI 24.

North Dakota at ISU---Any chance for a Griz hangover this week? The Bengals better hope not, as they are the better team here and are playing at home. The only thing that could come in to play is that dreaded hangover...ISU 41, North Dakota 24.

UNC at EWU---This one was easy at the beginning of the season when the Eagles were great and the Bears were terrible. But it has become more difficult as the Bears can play against anyone and the Eagles can't stop anyone. Still,...EWU 35, UNC 32.

SAC at MSU---Good test for the Hornets to see if they are truly for real, heading out to Bobcat territory, facing a team that was taken to overtime last week. This should be a good one, even if the snow neutralizes things a bit...MSU 29, SAC 28.

SUU at WSU---The Thunderbirds have fallen off and the Wildcats have soared so far, so this should be easy. But any instate rivalry is never all that easy in football. Except this one...WSU 41, SUU 14.

I'm still missing one every week. This time it was Sac State's win. Puts me at 57=9 overall.

Grizalltheway
October 13th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Sac St is going to win the Big Sky, aren't they? What a time to be alive xdrunkyx

They still have us, Weber and Davis left. Things are very far from settled.

mvemjsunpx
October 13th, 2019, 03:39 PM
They still have us, Weber and Davis left. Things are very far from settled.

They get all 3 of those at home, though.

Schism55
October 19th, 2019, 11:56 PM
nah..
Welp xsmiley_wix