PDA

View Full Version : This Samford Football Video Has Gone Viral

SU DOG
October 8th, 2019, 08:18 AM
Sometimes we forget that there is a human side to our players, and that these guys have emotions and personal life situations that can be just as complex as our own. Even ESPN's Marty Smith, after seeing this 3minute video commented, "this is phenomenal."

Our game Saturday was a horrible loss, but for this young man and his dad, it will be a blessed time that they will never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WOzIQYS2nw

ursus arctos horribilis
October 8th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Great story for sure. Heartwarming of the kid to do that.

Schism55
October 8th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Thank you for sharing this. What a beautiful story.

BearDownMU
October 8th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Tremendous

Milktruck74
October 8th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Way to Step up DAD!!!

MSUBobcat
October 8th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Sometimes we forget that there is a human side to our players, and that these guys have emotions and personal life situations that can be just as complex as our own. Even ESPN's Marty Smith, after seeing this 3minute video commented, "this is phenomenal."

Our game Saturday was a horrible loss, but for this young man and his dad, it will be a blessed time that they will never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WOzIQYS2nw

As a step-son myself, this one hit me in the feels a bit. Great way to show his appreciation for his upbringing.

ysubigred
October 8th, 2019, 02:48 PM
Wow!! I love this story really hits close to home. Great kid great Dad xbowx

Katfan
October 8th, 2019, 04:03 PM
As a step-son myself, this one hit me in the feels a bit. Great way to show his appreciation for his upbringing.
Me too! Man that really touched me. Thanks for sharing.

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Very touching!!!

Bisonator
October 9th, 2019, 09:54 AM
That's awesome!

Derby City Duke
October 9th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Wow; how inspiring. Way too often we hear about how the relationship between a step-parent and step-child is combative, neglectful, or hurtful. This is the way it should be!

ASU33
October 9th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Oh my eyes are sweating! Amazing Story!

JMUNJ08
October 9th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Need more positive stories like this! Also, need to drink some more water after xbawlingxxbawlingx so much.

Having a parent work for Family Services and seeing how hard it is to have two loving, caring parents in all families, this was real special.

Great job dad and hope he carries the name on for many generations!

Milktruck74
October 9th, 2019, 01:00 PM
I'll follow up with....I still HATE Sammy, but I do love that dad and that kid!!! It is not their fault that they were misguided by Hatcher!!! hahaha.