PDA

View Full Version : 2019-10/12 AGS GOTW Week 7

Preferred Walk-On
October 6th, 2019, 08:46 PM
Here is the selected slate for week #7. All matchups feature both teams in the AGS Top 25 or ORV. There are a few other intrigue games this week that were not selected, but they were left off of this list in lieu of the "Other" option.

#12 Northern Iowa @ #1 North Dakota State - The "not a rivalry" rivalry game.

#5 Villanova @ #2 James Madison - The Wildcats have been a surprise early in the season...they should no longer surprise anyone. The Dukes look to assert their hold on the CAA.

#3 South Dakota State @ #15 Youngstown State - Can the Jackrabbits control their destiny and not slip up in a game they are favored to win? Can the Penguins continue to show they belong in the discussion with the top half of the MFVC and produce a statement win?

#31 Sac State @ #6 Montana State - The Hornets are for real. The Bobcats are for real. This game could help the Bobcats inch closer to securing a playoff seed, or it could help raise the stature of the Hornets in the discussion as Big Sky contender.

#28 Southeast Missouri State @ #24 Austin Peay - Battle to remain undefeated in the OVC and one game closer to a conference title.

#34 Yale @ #27 Dartmouth - Three Ivies appear a cut above the rest, yet there is little distinction between them...until now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2019, 08:53 PM
I voted Villanova @ JMU. 2 top 5 teams is an easy vote.

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2019, 08:58 PM
UNI @ NDSU

I don't care if I am biased about it either. This is the game of the week and UNI will come out guns blazing against NDSU. Farley always has a gameplan for this game that gives NDSU fits.

dewey
October 6th, 2019, 09:01 PM
I voted Villanova @ JMU. 2 top 5 teams is an easy vote.

This was my thought as well.

Dewey

Katfan
October 6th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Villanova @ JMU Must see TV!

dewey
October 6th, 2019, 10:34 PM
UNI @ NDSU

I don't care if I am biased about it either. This is the game of the week and UNI will come out guns blazing against NDSU. Farley always has a gameplan for this game that gives NDSU fits.

The game last year was close until the 4yh when the Bison blew their garage doors offxlolx

Dewey

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2019, 10:47 PM
....SPOTLIGHT.....ON CAA DIS WEEK........AWK!

KPSUL
October 7th, 2019, 07:15 AM
UNI @ NDSU

Two boring teams that play their home games in giant barns, no way!

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2019, 07:24 AM
UNI @ NDSU

.......WATCHED UNI....METHODIKALLY....PLOD THROUGH....SECOND HALF SNOOZEFEST.......WHIFF 'GUIN'S......OWN-LAH FUN....WAS WATCHIN' MAYS.......GET SHELLACKED....LIKE ALI'S......TRAININ' CAMP....BODY BAG......BRAWK!

Bisonator
October 7th, 2019, 07:28 AM
Two boring teams that play their home games in giant barns, no way!
Haters gonna hate. I will say UNI/NDSU is usually a great game even though I picked Nova/JMU.

KPSUL
October 7th, 2019, 07:42 AM
Haters gonna hate. I will say UNI/NDSU is usually a great game even though I picked Nova/JMU.

OK here's my real reason lover-boy, we know what's going to happen already. UNI is going to give it the "old college try", but fall short again - then they will go to 3-3 and move up two more places in the AGS poll.

Bisonator
October 7th, 2019, 07:55 AM
OK here's my real reason lover-boy, we know what going to happen already. UNI is going to give it the "old college try", but fall short again - then they will go to 3-3 and move up two more places in the AGS poll.
Your CAA and ECB is shining bright. At least UNI usually wins a game or 2 come playoff time unlike last years CAA teams.:D

bobcathpdevil56
October 7th, 2019, 10:27 AM
I voted SSU-MSU, homer vote. But, this week goes a long way to clearing up the Big Sky playoff race or it muddies it up a bunch more.

Preferred Walk-On
October 7th, 2019, 10:38 AM
The six-week streak of the game with both teams having the highest cumulative AGS ranking being chosen as GOTW was broken (barely) last week by a two-vote margin. This week marks the beginning of a new streak for the game meeting this criterion.

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Two boring teams that play their home games in giant barns, no way!Fargodome has things on a stick! All UNH has is a nice walk up a ramp to their home side.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

BisonTru
October 7th, 2019, 03:03 PM
I gotta go with SEMO vs AP. Winner is probably in the playoffs and the loser is probably out of the playoffs.

cx500d
October 7th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Villanova /JMU

2nd is ballSAC St vs MSU. I suspect ballSAC is better than we think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BEAR
October 7th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Has a GOTW ever been decided this fast? 43 for the VAN - JMU game. xlolx

Thumper 76
October 7th, 2019, 08:37 PM
UNI @ NDSU

I mean, at least you admit your being a raging homer here. Good game does not equal GOTW. This is Nova/JMU all the way.

OK here's my real reason lover-boy, we know what's going to happen already. UNI is going to give it the "old college try", but fall short again - then they will go to 3-3 and move up two more places in the AGS poll.
On the other hand here, we have the raging CAA anti-MVFC boner. Coming from a UNH fan whose team will probably make the playoffs because they lost well to a couple of top CAA teams makes it extra rich xlolx

SUPharmacist
October 7th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Nova/JMU

If Villanova wins where does each team land in the poll next week?

Preferred Walk-On
October 9th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Will only bump this today (once) before the Friday evening deadline to vote, as it appears that Villanova @ James Madison is putting an absolute a**-whooping on the rest of the games. Vote if you want to.

BEAR
October 10th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Will only bump this today (once) before the Friday evening deadline to vote, as it appears that Villanova @ James Madison is putting an absolute a**-whooping on the rest of the games. Vote if you want to.

60-5 or less

xbowx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 10th, 2019, 03:06 PM
I went with Austin Peay and SEMO. Figured this will be a huge game in terms of the OVC race and at large pool. The others game feature higher ranked teams but ultimately i'm not sure how much of an impact their results will have in the long run....