PDA

View Full Version : Thigpen to be on ESPN2 3 days this week!

CCU97
May 8th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Great news for Tyler! The more he can become a media darling the better his chances to stick around the NFL!

http://thesunnews.typepad.com/beach_chicken_chatter/2007/05/thigpens_story_.html

BTW...great write up Ian...as always you keep us up with what is happening for CCU and our former players!

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM
The exposure might help him with name recognition, but it will be his talent and his talent only that will determine whether Thigpen sticks with an NFL team.

CCU97
May 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
He has the talent....but lots of players are talented and never even see training camp....his foot is in the door and as a QB he will have to show he can handle the media as well as the field....you of all people should know that....QBs that aren't media savy aren't around long!

Mr. C
May 8th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Tyler Thigpen, as I know from my own experience, isn't Ryan Leaf. He should have no trouble with the media part of things.

CCU97
May 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I agree....but the more exposure the better....it can never hurt unless you are the Ryan Leaf type...

Coastal89
May 8th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Tyler, Rodney, Quenton and the senior baseball players were all given their diplomas at home plate prior to the start of todays baseball game since they missed graduation Saturday, that was pretty cool.

CoastalFan2005
May 9th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Tyler up next after these commercials on ESPN2...

DunkandDukin
May 9th, 2007, 01:41 PM
i thought he did a pretty solid job, now lets see him do some good for my Vikings!

And your Coach is a piece of work, never heard him speak before, but anyone who can make the Mick sound like a New England snob....

MarkCCU
May 15th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Anyone catch the write up on Tyler in Sunday's Post and Courier? It was pretty good. I haven't been able to find it on thier website.