PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 6 2019

superman7515
October 5th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Good evening all. Have to post this a little early tonight because I need to be up in 5 hours to run a charity 5k supporting Special Olympics Delaware, so unfortunately, not everything is updated since there are still quite a few games going. But I need to get some sleep, so I'll try to update if I have an opportunity before leaving in the morning. If not, I'll add in the remaining scores and update the other items when I get home. As always, if you see any errors, let me know.

That being said, I've been seeing a few errors myself. I've noticed votes coming in for Delaware State (probably meant for Delaware), Tennessee State (probably meant for Tennessee Tech), North Carolina Central (probably meant for North Carolina A&T), Fordham (probably meant for the trash can), etc. While none of them would have changed the order of the Top 25, a few times it was actually pretty close to being the difference between two teams. Try to double check your ballot before you submit and, if you can vote early, do it so that you can get the return email early enough to make sure you didn't make an error before the poll comes out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CCHh1Cv0rakIv06QwzIOlZjP0-c_892KcN19mdBPfJw/edit?usp=sharing

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2019, 10:42 PM
Filling in some blanks until supey has the opportunity.

Cats win- 34-28

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNTIuRhb6SBr9mYJfwGJe2qH1yHAOQ%3A 1570333165233&source=hp&ei=7WGZXc72AYnctQXsuafYCA&q=montana+state+cal+poly+football&oq=montana+state+cal+poly+football&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30.2888.13505..14325...2.0..0.289.5834. 0j29j4....2..0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131j0j35i39j0i67j0i3j0i324j0i22i10i30. QhuEZ7TKj3c&ved=0ahUKEwiOoezz2oblAhUJbq0KHezcCYsQ4dUDCAc&uact=5#sie=m;/g/11h01wd18r;6;/g/11ckvnrr7z;dt;fp;1;;

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 10:45 PM
What a weird week. Teams #2-#7 all had lackluster wins against teams they shouldn't have. I guess we can't punish all of them.

Welcome to "a win is a win" week.

Grizalltheway
October 5th, 2019, 10:50 PM
What a weird week. Teams #2-#7 all had lackluster wins against teams they shouldn't have. I guess we can't punish all of them.

Welcome to "a win is a win" week.
A 59-3 run is lackluster? Okay...

ngineer
October 5th, 2019, 10:52 PM
EWU trailing to Sacramento State in the 4th quarter by two scores.

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 10:54 PM

17-0 start for a barely on the radar team. Losing deep into the 2nd quarter? Yeah. Lackluster.

Grizalltheway
October 5th, 2019, 10:58 PM
17-0 start for a not even on the radar team. Losing deep into the 2nd quarter? Yeah. Lackluster.
Barely on the radar? They stayed within a touchdown of AGS darling UNI on the road.xrolleyesx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2019, 11:05 PM
17-0 start for a barely on the radar team. Losing deep into the 2nd quarter? Yeah. Lackluster.

Idiotic Root. Seriously dumb man.

The start is exactly correct and the finish is as well. We f'd up a pretty good defensive team (so far) but really don't care a lot about where we should be or what you look at it like but NDSU didn't struggle, Montana didn't struggle, SDSU didn't struggle so I assume you are just sort of shooting form the hip and being a bit of an ass which you do from time to time.

uofmman1122
October 5th, 2019, 11:13 PM
lol what a joke xrolleyesx

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 11:17 PM
Idiotic Root. Seriously dumb man.

The start is exactly correct and the finish is as well. We f'd up a pretty good defensive team (so far) but really don't care a lot about where we should be or what you look at it like but NDSU didn't struggle, Montana didn't struggle, SDSU didn't struggle so I assume you are just sort of shooting form the hip and being a bit of an ass which you do from time to time.

#2 OT road win on 3rd straight distant road game against #21.
#3 18 point home win with rally from behind in the 2nd half against #37
#4 6 point home win against team receiving no votes. Late Idaho TD makes it look closer than it was.
#5 7 point road win at not receiving votes, historically bad team. WM went blow for blow with them all game.
#6 OT road win against not receiving votes team.
#7 39 point blowout after trailing 17-0 to start. game wasn't tied until 3 mins left in the 2nd qtr. This was the #40 team at home.

Yep. I must really be shooting by the hip. If only everyone can blow out an overrated #11 team.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2019, 11:34 PM
#4 6 point home win against team receiving no votes. Late Idaho TD makes it look closer than it was.
#5 7 point road win at not receiving votes, historically bad team. WM went blow for blow with them all game.
#7 39 point blowout after trailing 17-0 to start. game wasn't tied until 3 mins left in the 2nd qtr. This was the #40 team at home.

Yep. I must really be shooting by the hip. If only everyone can blow out an overrated #11 team.

Yes, of course, everybody should win by an insurmountable R4dukes standard every week. Dumb **** dude. Your numbers are excellent though.

STFU xlolx

None of those wins are bad cuz they are...wins. They may not all be overly impressive but first and foremost any road win is impressive when it is against a good team. Any home win by a couple td's is also good in my book unless it is against a much lower team. Not gonna argue over gravel with a guy that is full of it,is recognized is all I'm saying.

Anybody ever mention to you that you might be sort of a chronic bitcher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-Av1KFdK0

RootinFerDukes
October 5th, 2019, 11:36 PM
Ursus, you do realize I said a win is a win right? What exactly are we arguing about? A few Montana fans just got upset because I questioned their 39 point come from behind win.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Ursus, you do realize I said a win is a win right? What exactly are we arguing about? A few Montana fans just got upset because I questioned their 39 point come from behind win.

You mentioned struggles, I mentioned several didn't struggle. To me, they just didn't struggle so I am unsure why THAT is controversial. All teams being discussed (T7) did fine but some did not struggle as was suggested. That is the disagreement as I see it. Of the 3 I mentioned I think only SDSU could be called a struggle and I don't see how as of yet but I'm looking into it...

ursus arctos horribilis
October 5th, 2019, 11:44 PM
Sac State took EWU down 48-27 as additional info. until supey gets it marked btw.

dewey
October 5th, 2019, 11:51 PM
Sac State took EWU down 48-27 as additional info. until supey gets it marked btw.

WOW! Will EWU even have a winning season at this rate?

Dewey

Bison56
October 5th, 2019, 11:56 PM

Somebody take your streamers away? xbawlingx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 6th, 2019, 12:01 AM
WOW! Will EWU even have a winning season at this rate?

Dewey

Sac State is tough as nails this year I think dewey and I am not sure on EWU but I know from experience they are never out of anything...even when they seem out of everything.

It's amazing man but nothing is ever over it seems in the BSC. xlolx

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2019, 12:04 AM
My poll ballot is a tale of 2 halves this week. Hardly any movement for me from #1 to #11 but everything after #12 was a mess. I wanted to put the teams I had at #13-#17 lower but just couldn't find anyone I liked to put above them and practically everyone behind that got completely re-shuffled even if they were on bye or performed "as expected" this week.

SDFS
October 6th, 2019, 12:15 AM
I think EWU QB injuried in the 2Q. He was out for the rest of the game.

Lorne_Malvo
October 6th, 2019, 12:18 AM

No he wasnt.

I Bleed Purple
October 6th, 2019, 12:41 AM

#4 was a road win.

Grizalltheway
October 6th, 2019, 12:44 AM
#4 was a road win.

Still. We're talking about a team that lost to Northern Colorado.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 6th, 2019, 12:55 AM
Still. We're talking about a team that lost to Northern Colorado.

And beat EWU which has a real shot at beating us on the road in two weeks...and I hope that is only a fear and not a reality at this point but you know this **** GATW so I don't understand why we would diminish a road win in the BSC because I cherish, and I mean cherish every f'n one of them.

Weber, it ia a great f'n win, that is a fact.

KPSUL
October 6th, 2019, 07:00 AM
We all need to take a fresh look at our rankings, and that means re-looking at the wins and losses of all the teams we had ranked previously, and the teams we are considering moving into the top 25 as well. What may have seemed like a quality win or loss 3 or 4 weeks ago may not be so impressive in week 6. I know, we all claim we never do it, but this point of the season is no time for slot voting.

veinup
October 6th, 2019, 07:09 AM
i would definitely describe montana’s tackling in the first 15ish minutes of that game as lackluster. but the win? nah..

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2019, 07:54 AM

No he wasnt.
Yeah he definitely came back in so if he was injured it wasn't serious. I don't see any indication that Coach Best cleared it up postgame but EWU beat writer Ryan Collingwood speculated on Twitter that it may have been concussion protocol but he also said that Barriere didn't appear to be injured on the sideline and that he didn't look pleased about not being in the game.

If it was a concussion it seems odd it would clear up after 5 possessions. The only time I've ever seen that happen was for a certain QB that played for a team whose nickname may or may not rhyme with tracksnabbits.

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2019, 08:14 AM
My poll ballot is a tale of 2 halves this week. Hardly any movement for me from #1 to #11 but everything after #12 was a mess. I wanted to put the teams I had at #13-#17 lower but just couldn't find anyone I liked to put above them and practically everyone behind that got completely re-shuffled even if they were on bye or performed "as expected" this week.

you could always move some Ivies up to fill the gaps after 11

Harvard gave Howard an FBS like beating yesterday, they could of put up 100 if they choose to do so, this is the same Howard team that at least battled Youngstown State for a half. Yes Howard did have a QB change but not sure for the better

not to mention Princeton (not as good as last year) Dartmouth and Yale....... all picked higher than Harvard

Yale up 45 to 10 on Fordham at the half before putting on the brakes, and Fordham beat Richmond

These teams just look every bit as good as 11 thru 25 FCS

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2019, 08:16 AM

Harvard gave Howard an FBS like beating yesterday, they could of put up 100 if they choose to do so, this is the same Howard team that at least battled Youngstown State for a half. Yes Howard did have a QB change but not sure for the better

not to mention Princeton (not as good as last year) Dartmouth and Yale....... all picked higher than Harvard

Yale up 45 to 10 on Fordham at the half before putting on the brakes, and Fordham beat Richmond

Oh, I bet I have Princeton higher than most. Harvard isn't on my radar yet (mainly due to their loss to San Diego) but Dartmouth and Yale are.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2019, 08:18 AM

I tend to agree. I'm going to slide Princeton down this week and move Dartmouth up. Dartmouth looks fringe Top 10 to me. Yale finally had a dominating effort that we've been waiting for to start the season.

MR. CHICKEN
October 6th, 2019, 08:29 AM
I tend to agree. I'm going to slide Princeton down this week and move Dartmouth up. Dartmouth looks fringe Top 10 to me. Yale finally had a dominating effort that we've been waiting for to start the season.

....SORRAH BROWN RYDER.......DAT'S LUNATIC FRINGE......xeekx......AWK!

caribbeanhen
October 6th, 2019, 08:33 AM

Yes, Princeton going down some in my poll (they are pretty high) and Dartmouth will be moving up just as you said it

Schism55
October 6th, 2019, 08:42 AM
1. Last time I checked football games are 4 quarters....
2. ANY win on the road, especially in conference is nothing to scoff at.
3. Is it possible UC Davis is the worst Big Sky team in Cali? Sac St is tough as nails and I've been impressed with Cal Poly all season.

aceinthehole
October 6th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Central Connecticut is now (4-1; 1-0 NEC).

Princeton (3-0; 1-0 Ivy), Dartmouth (3-0; 1-0 Ivy), and Yale (3-0; 1-0 Ivy)

Best wins:
CCSU - Sacred Heart, Fordham
Princeton - Columbia, Bucknell
Dartmouth - Penn, Colgate
Yale - Holy Cross, Fordham

Losses:
CCSU - at E. Michigan (FBS)

Week 7:
CCSU at Columbia
Princeton vs. Lafayette
Dartmouth vs. Yale

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2019, 08:56 AM
Central Connecticut is now (4-1; 1-0 NEC).

Princeton (3-0; 1-0 Ivy), Dartmouth (3-0; 1-0 Ivy), and Yale (3-0; 1-0 Ivy)

Best wins:
CCSU - Sacred Heart, Fordham
Princeton - Columbia, Bucknell
Dartmouth - Penn, Colgate
Yale - Holy Cross, Fordham

Losses:
CCSU - at E. Michigan (FBS)

Week 7:
CCSU at Columbia
Princeton vs. Lafayette
Dartmouth vs. Yale

CCSU is definitely on my radar. Good chance they crack the Top 25 this week. This year's team might be better than the 2017 squad that nearly beat UNH....

SDFS
October 6th, 2019, 09:00 AM
No he wasnt.

You are absolutely correct. Sorry about that I was watching the game and he left the game. I couldn't stand to watch the backup. He looked lost. And the telecast made it sound like Eric was lost of the game. So, I switched to the Poly and MSU game.

C/ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
INT

Eric Barriere (http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4027419/eric-barriere)
22/42

Gunner Talkington (http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4247187/gunner-talkington)
2/11

aceinthehole
October 6th, 2019, 09:12 AM
CCSU is definitely on my radar. Good chance they crack the Top 25 this week. This year's team might be better than the 2017 squad that nearly beat UNH....

The schedule hasn't done them any favors (it isn't very strong), but we have a new, first-year head coach and had to replace the school's leading passer who just made a NFL roster. I had moderate expectations going into the season.

Need to take care of business next week at Columbia (we lost at home to the Lions last season) and run through the NEC slate.

Not sure how good this team really is, but I will say the Georgia State graduate-transfer QB Aaron Winchester has brought some much needed locker room leadership and a dual threat to run and pass on the field. The team is well balanced and is on par with our 2017 team in terms of talent. The last-second loss at EMU is the only blemish on the slate so far, and if they would have won that game would likely have been ranked already.

We will see .. I'm optimistic, but also very cautious, as I know we can be beat any week in league play. I still think Wagner, SFU, and Duquesne are dangerous teams.

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2019, 10:19 AM
As the great Vin Diesel said in the cinematic classic, "The Fast and the Furious", It doesnt matter of you win by an inch or a mile....winning is winning".

*throws arms out in a bro what's up motion*

coriander_seed
October 6th, 2019, 10:47 AM
We all need to take a fresh look at our rankings, and that means re-looking at the wins and losses of all the teams we had ranked previously, and the teams we are considering moving into the top 25 as well. What may have seemed like a quality win or loss 3 or 4 weeks ago may not be so impressive in week 6. I know, we all claim we never do it, but this point of the season is no time for slot voting.
We don't want to screw this up.

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2019, 11:01 AM

Never in my life did I think someone who supposedly knows football, call a 59-20 win "lackluster". Any time you triple up your opponent, unless it's 9-3, is a solid win. Anytime you score 59 points, unless the opponent scores in the 50s, is a solid win. And most definitely, when you win by THIRTY NINE ****ing points, that's not lackluster, that's a dominant ass kicking. Holy jebus.

POD Knows
October 6th, 2019, 11:48 AM
1. Last time I checked football games are 4 quarters....
2. ANY win on the road, especially in conference is nothing to scoff at.
3. Is it possible UC Davis is the worst Big Sky team in Cali? Sac St is tough as nails and I've been impressed with Cal Poly all season.UC Davis is dead to me

BEAR
October 6th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Voters can drop my Bears as far as they want. There's more going on behind the scenes than what's public. If we win 6 we will be lucky. Expect some changes after this season. This kind of play is NOT to UCA standards. xmadxxmadx

RootinFerDukes
October 6th, 2019, 01:10 PM
#4 was a road win.

Yes, sorry for that oversight. I actually think skin of your teeth wins can be valuable from time to time.

Serpentor
October 6th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Never in my life did I think someone who supposedly knows football, call a 59-20 win "lackluster". Any time you triple up your opponent, unless it's 9-3, is a solid win. Anytime you score 59 points, unless the opponent scores in the 50s, is a solid win. And most definitely, when you win by THIRTY NINE ****ing points, that's not lackluster, that's a dominant ass kicking. Holy jebus.

Can we trade RootinFerDukes in for DirtyDukes? That dude was at least funny.

RootinFerDukes
October 6th, 2019, 01:21 PM
If JMU went down 17 points at any point in a game, would we get a free pass? Asking for a friend.

POD Knows
October 6th, 2019, 01:29 PM
If JMU went down 17 points at any point in a game, would we get a free pass? Asking for a friend.Yea, if you end up winning by 30+ you would. Keep digging

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2019, 01:53 PM
If JMU went down 17 points at any point in a game, would we get a free pass? Asking for a friend.

They sleep walked thru a quarter and 2 plays, then scores 24 straight in the 2nd quarter to be up 7 at half. Then they outscored ISU 14-3 to go up 3 scores after 3. Lastly, they put their foot on the throat in the 4th going 21 to zip. If that's lackluster, I'll take that for my team every.... ****ing..... week....

Grizalltheway
October 6th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Dukes, if you've managed to get a cat fan in here going to bat for the Griz, it might be time to throw up the white flag...

RootinFerDukes
October 6th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Supe,

Do you refer to Sagarin for your SOS rankings in this AGS how they fared spreadsheet? Is there an FCS only sagarin page? Thanks.

RootinFerDukes
October 6th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Dukes, if you've managed to get a cat fan in here going to bat for the Griz, it might be time to throw up the white flag...

We're all getting worked up over one adjective way too much. I mildly criticized your team and Griz fans collectively lost it. It's okay. We can have meaningful discussions.

By the way, say the Dukes had a lackluster win. We did. I won't get upset. I promise.

Silenoz
October 6th, 2019, 02:02 PM

Montana State was down 21 early last week. Won in a blowout. My respect for them grew because it says something about the team's fortitude.

Though I do agree that people are being a little sensitive.

Cocky
October 6th, 2019, 02:05 PM

Is UGA getting a free pass? Dont do much FBS info digging but they were down early.

RootinFerDukes
October 6th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Is UGA getting a free pass? Dont do much FBS info digging but they were down early.

Doesn't the collective SEC get a free pass in everything?

RootinFerDukes
October 6th, 2019, 02:31 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on ranking teams that don't even have a top 100 SOS nationally, regardless of their record? I'm on the fence about how i should be evaluating teams with good records but really bad SOS.

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2019, 02:35 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on ranking teams that don't even have a top 100 SOS nationally, regardless of their record? I'm on the fence about how i should be evaluating teams with good records but really bad SOS.

If you mean the Ivies, I'll just say this, if you can find me 25 teams who deserve to be ranked ahead of Princeton, Dartmouth, and/or Yale; I'd like to hear your rationale for that. I hit about 13/14 or so and then it became, "hold the schedule up and do my best to try and fit teams based off of multiple metrics" and it was not easy and I came to the conclusion that there is not 25 teams that deserve to be ranked ahead of 1 and/or all 3 of them.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 6th, 2019, 02:36 PM

If JMU came out flat, not tackling (that was two very long plays for two scores) in short order and then they got it together and suffocated the opposing team for the remainder of the game...yes, they probably would be seen as the team they showed themselves to be for 3/4 of the game. You want to act like it is some big f'n deal then please proceed with the skewed view of it. As I said, you like to do this a lot and it is noted. You are a very proper critic of everything.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 6th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Montana State was down 21 early last week. Won in a blowout. My respect for them grew because it says something about the team's fortitude.

Though I do agree that people are being a little sensitive.

Normally I won't say too much but I am sensitive to really dumb statements and then to keep digging and place the emphasis on the first 15 minute keeps the sensitivity at a high point.

RootinFerDukes
October 6th, 2019, 02:48 PM
If you mean the Ivies, I'll just say this, if you can find me 25 teams who deserve to be ranked ahead of Princeton, Dartmouth, and/or Yale; I'd like to hear your rationale for that. I hit about 13/14 or so and then it became, "hold the schedule up and do my best to try and fit teams based off of multiple metrics" and it was not easy and I came to the conclusion that there is not 25 teams that deserve to be ranked ahead of 1 and/or all 3 of them.

A valid point. "Can you see these other teams beating them head to head?" "No." It's hard to see how good they are because they don't play in the playoffs and only seem to schedule the Patriot League and northern CAA in OOC. 10 game schedules.

MSUBobcat
October 6th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Normally I won't say too much but I am sensitive to really dumb statements and then to keep digging and place the emphasis on the first 15 minute keeps the sensitivity at a high point.

Kinda what I was thinking. If my Cubs xsighx give up a grand slam in the 2nd inning and end up winning 13-5, I'm going, "damn, we piss-pounded 'em" not "well that was ho-hum".

POD Knows
October 6th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Kinda what I was thinking. If my Cubs xsighx give up a grand slam in the 2nd inning and end up winning 13-5, I'm going, "damn, we piss-pounded 'em" not "well that was ho-hum".I remember when Iowa State went up by 14 early in the game and the Bison ran off 34 straight, never really dawned on me that the early deficit changed the bitch slapping that actually occurred.

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2019, 03:21 PM
I gave Montana credit for a convincing win this week but it is worth noting that they've come out flat twice already this year against two subpar opponents in North Alabama and Idaho St. They do that against better teams and they might not be able to get out of the hole they dig themselves with a slow start.

Lorne_Malvo
October 6th, 2019, 04:28 PM
I thought JMU's motto was "A win is a win".

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2019, 04:44 PM

Last time I checked it was, "We have combined to win the last 8 National Titles"

Bison56
October 6th, 2019, 04:47 PM
Last time I checked it was, "We have combined to win the last 8 National Titles"

That's hilarious.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Kennesaw State = Way overrated

EWU = no playoffs for them

UC Davis = no playoffs for them also

RootinFerDukes
October 6th, 2019, 08:34 PM

Well, we wanted "A loss is a win" but the MVFC already owned the copyright to that.

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Well, we wanted "A loss is a win" but the MVFC already owned the copyright to that.

It's called "The Moral Victory Football Conference" I'll have you know.

dewey
October 6th, 2019, 08:40 PM

I am doing my poll right now and boy the first 11 was easy. 12-25 not so much.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
October 6th, 2019, 08:43 PM

Both of those are quality humor fellers. xlolx

Preferred Walk-On
October 6th, 2019, 08:56 PM

Dewey

11? I only made it to 8. :D

Katfan
October 6th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Ha ha now that’s funny

Schism55
October 6th, 2019, 09:46 PM

Dewey
Nailed it! What a greasy horror show

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 6th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Submitted mine!

My faith has been restored in Nicholls...
Still might have the wrong Montana school higher. Time will tell...
Two teams from the Nutmeg State made it...
Two teams from the Granite State made it...
Dartmouth is now my highest ranked ivy....
EWU, UC Davis and Maine are all gone and very unlikely to return...

dewey
October 6th, 2019, 10:26 PM

Yeah that was rough. I wonder if I could've voted for my top 11 this week?

Dewey

Preferred Walk-On
October 7th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Submitted mine!

My faith has been restored in Nicholls...
Still might have the wrong Montana school higher. Time will tell...
Two teams from the Nutmeg State made it...
Two teams from the Granite State made it...
Dartmouth is now my highest ranked ivy....
EWU, UC Davis and Maine are all gone and very unlikely to return...

Just curious about Maine, who was on a BYE this past week. I assume they must have been riding around 25 for you, but was not sure if there were even enough other teams to go above them.

Hambone
October 7th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Man, what a mess this week was........I spent the last hour changing my mind and moving things around - felt settled and then second guessed myself again. Woof.......

Daytripper
October 7th, 2019, 08:55 AM

Hopefully, all of the carnage in the bottom half of the poll opens a pathway for SHSU to get some consideration.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 7th, 2019, 09:48 AM
A little over an hour left so go get your vote in if you have not yet. We are sitting about 5 voters short right now so someo f you better get on it.

blackbeard
October 9th, 2019, 01:32 PM
The schedule hasn't done them any favors (it isn't very strong), but we have a new, first-year head coach and had to replace the school's leading passer who just made a NFL roster. I had moderate expectations going into the season.

Need to take care of business next week at Columbia (we lost at home to the Lions last season) and run through the NEC slate.

Not sure how good this team really is, but I will say the Georgia State graduate-transfer QB Aaron Winchester has brought some much needed locker room leadership and a dual threat to run and pass on the field. The team is well balanced and is on par with our 2017 team in terms of talent. The last-second loss at EMU is the only blemish on the slate so far, and if they would have won that game would likely have been ranked already.

We will see .. I'm optimistic, but also very cautious, as I know we can be beat any week in league play. I still think Wagner, SFU, and Duquesne are dangerous teams.

I was prepared to start seeing some push for a top 25 spot for the winner of the CCSU-SHU game. The Blue Devils put a whipping on us. Then I looked up the CCSU schedule and was pretty underwhelmed, the 2 close wins to start the season were not impressive. Got my attention with the near miss at EMU, should have won that game! Win the next couple and I think CCSU won't be able to be ignored.