PDA

View Full Version : Useless, Pointless, Meaningless, Insignificant and/or Worthless Streaks Thread

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 03:33 PM
Do you have a useless, pointless, meaningless, insignificant and/or worthless streak? Post it here (especially if it makes your team look better than vermin).

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 03:35 PM
UNI is 6-0 in their last 6 home games while Furman is only 5-1 in their last 6 home games.

Woohoo! Do we get a ribbon or a cookie?

JSUSoutherner
October 1st, 2019, 03:37 PM
We have an 8 game winning streak against the SoCon.

Which I believe is the longest SoCon winning streak in the nation.

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 03:48 PM
It has recently been mentioned that Furman currently has a 3 game losing streak to this week's opponent, Samford (hopefully no one posts a silly thread about their current win streak and jinxes themselves into a loss).

Furman also lost 2 Wofford TWICE in the same year (2017) en route to a 4 game losing streak from 2015 to 2017. Hard to beat the same team twice in one year?? Wofford says, hold my beer and watch this.

ursus arctos horribilis
The Grizzlies are lucky enough to have at least one fan that has never missed a game in Washington Grizzly Stadium.

MSUBobcat
UNI is 6-0 in their last 6 home games while Furman is only 5-1 in their last 6 home games.

Why choose? For an accomplishment such as that, you've earned BOTH!!!

NEBison
October 1st, 2019, 04:02 PM
The Grizzlies are lucky enough to have at least one fan that has never missed a game in Washington Grizzly Stadium.

NDSU has a fan that has been to an absurd amount of games in a row(both home and away). I can't remember how many games it is or even how many years in a row but someone will know I'm sure

Silenoz
October 1st, 2019, 04:20 PM
Case Cookus is playing in his 8th straight season of college football

BEAR
October 1st, 2019, 04:21 PM
UCA only has ONE losing record against any SLC team...and it took breaking the leg of our starter and the shoulder of his backup in the same game to do it xlolx....UCA overall record is 6-7 against SHSU.
The second closest is McNeese with a 6-6 record.
Everyone else is pretty much pwnd. :D

BEAR
October 1st, 2019, 04:23 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/mvK4MJMl9GeDS/giphy.gif

UpstateBison
October 1st, 2019, 04:24 PM
NDSU has a fan that has been to an absurd amount of games in a row(both home and away). I can't remember how many games it is or even how many years in a row but someone will know I'm sure

I think he is at 465 straight games. I will ask him in Normal on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SU DOG
October 1st, 2019, 04:33 PM
Well Samford is the de facto loser in maybe the most famous college football game of all-time, Georgia Tech vs Cumberland(1916, 225-0). In 1961 we bought the acclaimed Cumberland School of Law and it is part of our campus. Most of those Cumberland players(players is term used loosely) were law students. Point is this past week Samford beat a team that 2 weeks before had beaten Georgia Tech. Hey Yellow Jackets - SWEET REVENGE at last SWEET REVENGE!

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 04:38 PM

^^^ Cookus in the post-game interview on Saturday.

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2019, 04:41 PM

Paint it on the garage door?:D

cx500d
October 1st, 2019, 05:32 PM
Furman couldn’t even make the playoffs last year.

CHIP72
October 1st, 2019, 05:33 PM
Some personal streaks:

*The last five college football games I've attended (actually the five games I've attended so far this season) all were decided by 7 points or less.

*Between the evening of September 24, 2016 and September 1, 2018, road teams won 14 of the 16 non-neutral site games I attended, including eight straight games between September 23, 2017 and September 1, 2018. Temple accounted for both of the home wins (and 3 of the 14 road wins, winning two road games and losing one home game).

*I've attended a college football doubleheader (two games at two different sites) in each of the last 10 seasons (2010 to 2019). In five of those seasons - 2010, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019 - I attended two doubleheaders.

cx500d
October 1st, 2019, 05:40 PM
I’ve never been to an NDSU game where NDSU lost. My first game was in 1982. Last game was two weeks ago.

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 05:48 PM
Furman couldn’t even make the playoffs last year.

Furman fanboy holds the longest streak (both ever and currently active) for crying about their 6-win team being left out of the playoffs by the selection committee. It's currently standing at 317 days and counting with no end in sight. There's speculation in the scientific community that this whining may not even be stopped by the Yellowstone supervolcano erupting. Those dissenting are basing their argument on the "if a tree falls in the forest, but no one is around to hear it" theory.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2019, 06:01 PM

Yeah, I remember the road warrior guy from NDSU from way back when.

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 06:17 PM
Paint it on the garage door?:D

A ribbon, cookie or both? :D

Schism55
October 1st, 2019, 06:22 PM
Lol @ this thread! Never change AGS, never change xthumbsupx

taper
October 1st, 2019, 07:06 PM
We have an 8 game winning streak against the SoCon.

Which I believe is the longest SoCon winning streak in the nation.

Since the NCAA went to its modern format in 1973, Montana St(5-7, not counting their welsh in 2013) and Jacksonville St(1-2, all in playoffs) are the only teams, including FBS, to have a winning series record against NDSU.
NDSU's win streak against the Socon is currently at 7, of which 5 are in the playoffs(not counting Georgia Southern's welsh in 2011). I would love to take that record this year. Socon teams, don't take that as a knock, you've given us some of the best games in NDSU history. I like playing you.

POD Knows
October 1st, 2019, 07:18 PM
I went over 30 years without vomiting and then I caught a mutant strain of stomach flu from my grand kids, I fought it the best I could but the no vomit streak ended. I think I dislocated a couple ribs trying to keep the streak in place. I started a new streak and have now went another 4 years without vomiting. xthumbsupx

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 07:30 PM
I went over 30 years without vomiting and then I caught a mutant strain of stomach flu from my grand kids, I fought it the best I could but the no vomit streak ended. I think I dislocated a couple ribs trying to keep the streak in place. I started a new streak and have now went another 4 years without vomiting. xthumbsupx

xbowx

JSUSoutherner
October 1st, 2019, 07:52 PM
Since the NCAA went to its modern format in 1973, Montana St(5-7, not counting their welsh in 2013) and Jacksonville St(1-2, all in playoffs) are the only teams, including FBS, to have a winning series record against NDSU.
NDSU's win streak against the Socon is currently at 7, of which 5 are in the playoffs(not counting Georgia Southern's welsh in 2011). I would love to take that record this year. Socon teams, don't take that as a knock, you've given us some of the best games in NDSU history. I like playing you.

Yeah I wouldn't mind playing NDSU more. But let's wait until we get our collective s**t together first.

It wouldn't be much of a game if we played this weekend.

Oh you were talking about the SoCon teams.

Makes sense. I wouldn't like taking L's from us either. :D

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2019, 07:55 PM
Yeah I wouldn't mind playing NDSU more. But let's wait until we get our collective s**t together first.

It wouldn't be much of a game if we played this weekend.

Oh you were talking about the SoCon teams.

Makes sense. I wouldn't like taking L's from us either. :D

It wasnt much of a game the last time we played. :D

Bison56
October 1st, 2019, 08:04 PM
Not sure if this counts but I have gone 2 months without streaking the toilet bowl.

JSUSoutherner
October 1st, 2019, 08:28 PM
Not sure if this counts but I have gone 2 months without streaking the toilet bowl.

You make your toilet run around town naked?

MR. CHICKEN
October 1st, 2019, 08:29 PM

......FLOATERS.....O'....CRITICALLY......BACKED UP?....xdontknowx.........AWK!

...........AN' PROLLY DON'T COUNT MUCH.....AS DUH VOMITIN' STREAKS.............BRAWK!

SCPALADIN
October 1st, 2019, 08:30 PM
Furman fanbase holds the longest streak (both ever and currently active) for crying about their 6-win team being left out of the playoffs by the selection committee. It's currently standing at 317 days and counting with no end in sight. There's speculation in the scientific community that this whining may not even be stopped by the Yellowstone supervolcano erupting. Those dissenting are basing their argument on the "if a tree falls in the forest, but no one is around to hear it" theory.
A couple of anonymous posters on the AGS are not representative of an entire fan base. The VAST majority of us blame our 4th quarter meltdown against ETSU and some mental mistakes against Samford.

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 08:40 PM
A couple of anonymous posters on the AGS are not representative of an entire fan base. The VAST majority of us blame our 4th quarter meltdown against ETSU and some mental mistakes against Samford.

I don't blame the entire fan base. I've been around long enough to remember OLFU and Death Dealer. They are two of the finest posters on this or any site and they left me with a a very high opinion of Furman as an institute of higher education.

So please don't take this thread as an attack on Furman but rather a good natured ribbing and join in the fun by posting your own useless, pointless, meaningless, insignificant and/or worthless streaks!

gofurman
October 1st, 2019, 08:55 PM
I don't blame the entire fan base. I've been around long enough to remember OLFU and Death Dealer. They are two of the finest posters on this or any site and they left me with a a very high opinion of Furman as an institute of higher education.

So please don't take this thread as an attack on Furman but rather a good natured ribbing and join in the fun by posting your own useless, pointless, meaningless, insignificant and/or worthless streaks!

whew - yeah, let's not take this too far. Furman fans are generally great people. I will go ahead and admit I suspect we probably lose to Samford.

And that just says how highly I think of Samford and they are turning around! Streak isI have missed every home game on kickoff weekend.. wait for it.. because we do a 'guy's trip to the beach every year w much beer and liquor and other stuff as my birthday is around Labor Day so all my buddies love my birthday - you get a day off and it's the kickoff of college football ! Hope everyone here loves that birthday time of mine too ! no work n extra football !

Professor Chaos
October 1st, 2019, 09:34 PM
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-04/11/16/enhanced/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane-03/enhanced-26430-1491942692-12.jpg

SCPALADIN
October 1st, 2019, 09:56 PM

We have one "fan" in particular who is embarrassing us on the AGS. He's even in my PMs accusing me of being "ashamed of Furman's recent successes" and calling me a weasel...all because some of us are embarrassed by the stupidity of a thread he started.
He has no idea who I am, how many decades I've supported Furman football and basketball through season tickets and Paladin Club donations, or how many times I've spent hard earned money to fly thousands of miles and support our student athletes. It's a shame really. There are a lot of overlaps between the AGS and our Furman message board...not hard to figure out who's who, despite the different profile names.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:00 PM
We have one "fan" in particular who is embarrassing us on the AGS. He's even in my PMs accusing me of being "ashamed of Furman's recent successes" and calling me a weasel...all because some of us are embarrassed by the stupidity of a thread he started.
He has no idea who I am, how many decades I've supported Furman football and basketball through season tickets and Paladin Club donations, or how many times I've spent hard earned money to fly thousands of miles and support our student athletes. It's a shame really. There are a lot of overlaps between the AGS and our Furman message board...not hard to figure out who's who, despite the different profile names.

And who are you on the Furman message board exactly? Flagman?
Congrats, but I stand by my posts and I don't mind one bit what another Furman supporter has to say negatively about my own exploits, carry on

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 10:05 PM

It's clearly one person, and as my signature recalls the Bison have had one, as have Princeton (world) and... Lehigh?? (The fan). I literally sat in the unsold Furman allotment for the playoff game in 2006, and those that traveled were great folks. I have nothing but respect for your program. One person is a bit of a drama queen.

Gangtackle11
October 1st, 2019, 10:09 PM
7 game win streak over Delaware. Used to be a good rivalry. Now just our punching bag. xpeacex

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:10 PM
It's clearly one person, and as my signature recalls the Bison have had one, as have Princeton (world) and... Lehigh?? (The fan). I literally sat in the unsold Furman allotment for the playoff game in 2006, and those that traveled were great folks. I have nothing but respect for your program. One person is a bit of a drama queen.

Its clearly one person doing what exactly? Posting facts and supporting his team, sure, but what else is there that has gotten under your skin so much? Please do tell, might be insightful for me aye xnodx

NDSU1980
October 1st, 2019, 10:17 PM
Roadwarriors streak is at 466 and shows no sign of quitting. I believe it goes back to the late 70's

mmiller_34
October 1st, 2019, 10:38 PM
My jackrabbits have never lost a game to a capacity crowd at Dana J Dykhouse stadium

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 10:48 PM
Its clearly one person doing what exactly? Posting facts and supporting his team, sure, but what else is there that has gotten under your skin so much? Please do tell, might be insightful for me aye xnodx

It's comical that you think your lame trolling gets under people's skin. xcoffeex

Bisonoline
October 1st, 2019, 11:14 PM
It's comical that you think your lame trolling gets under people's skin. xcoffeex

Every fan base has the same loser.

gofurman
October 1st, 2019, 11:22 PM
https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2017-04/11/16/enhanced/buzzfeed-prod-fastlane-03/enhanced-26430-1491942692-12.jpg

28? that's all? I am at 29 and counting

Bison56
October 2nd, 2019, 06:36 AM
I have went 31 years without seeing Furman football win a championship game.

ysubigred
October 2nd, 2019, 07:19 AM
I have went 31 years without seeing Furman football win a championship game.

Ha I'm at 55 :D

DFW HOYA
October 2nd, 2019, 07:42 AM
Georgetown has a winning record against teams from the Big 10 (12-8-0), Big 12 (7-4-2) and Southeastern conferences (3-1-1).

Bisonator
October 2nd, 2019, 07:45 AM
One? One?? I'll have you know the Bison have way more then one!:D

Derby City Duke
October 2nd, 2019, 08:19 AM
JMU has won the last 4 games I've attended:

Nov. 1984
Nov. 1994
Nov. 2011
Jan. 2017

AmsterBison
October 2nd, 2019, 08:20 AM
No team that the UND Fighting Hawks have beaten has gone on to win a playoff game that year. They destroy teams so utterly that it takes them at least a season to recover.

In fact, UND should call themselves The Win-ter Solstice because a win by UND marks the beginning of the end of the losing team's season.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2019, 08:28 AM
No team that the UND Fighting Hawks have beaten has gone on to win a playoff game that year. They destroy teams so utterly that it takes them at least a season to recover.

In fact, UND should call themselves The Win-ter Solstice because a win by UND marks the beginning of the end of the losing team's season.Holy ****. post of the year. xsmileyclapxxlmaox

ST_Lawson
October 2nd, 2019, 09:10 AM
Interesting - Had an 18-year win streak against Southern Illinois, which then reversed and they went on a 9-year win streak against us. Been a bit more "even" at 4-4 since then though.

Worthless - WIU has never won a national championship in any NAIA or NCAA sport. In fact, WIU has only even made it to a championship game in anything twice...NAIA men's basketball in '54 and '58.

IBleedYellow
October 2nd, 2019, 09:51 AM
My jackrabbits have never lost a game to a capacity crowd at Dana J Dykhouse stadium

That's impressive, beating 18k people with a 85 man roster.

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2019, 09:52 AM
It helps when most of the crowd is pillow fighting each other. :D

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 10:13 AM

Truth. There's just so many Bisons on here that I didn't want to list you all.

Catbooster
October 2nd, 2019, 10:43 AM
Yeah. Give credit where credit is due. xlolx

Silenoz
October 2nd, 2019, 11:32 AM
You may have JBB, lakes, and mpls, but we have at least ten crazy peoples, including Alpha and Steve Dill. Check and mate.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 11:44 AM
You may have JBB, lakes, and mpls, but we have at least ten crazy peoples, including Alpha and Steve Dill. Check and mate.

Lakes was the one I couldn't remember. Who is JBB??

walliver
October 2nd, 2019, 12:06 PM
It has recently been mentioned that Furman currently has a 3 game losing streak to this week's opponent, Samford (hopefully no one posts a silly thread about their current win streak and jinxes themselves into a loss).

Furman also lost 2 Wofford TWICE in the same year (2017) en route to a 4 game losing streak from 2015 to 2017. Hard to beat the same team twice in one year?? Wofford says, hold my beer and watch this.

Actually, Wofford and Furman have played twice in the same season 5 times.
In 1889 Wofford won both
In 1890 Furman won both - there weren't a lot of teams to play back then.
In 1900 Wofford won one and the other was a tie (originally typed 1990)
In 1969 Wofford won both
In 2017 Wofford won both

So the useless stat from that is that Furman has not beaten Wofford twice in the same season for 128 straight seasons.

uni88
October 2nd, 2019, 12:07 PM

JBB talks/posts to himself.

I don't know who Dill is.

Is Alphie a Griz or a Bison fan now?

Silenoz
October 2nd, 2019, 12:20 PM
A severely autistic poster, whose best work I won't link to because I'm not sure all of the gay pornography was cleaned up by the mods.

Gil Dobie
October 2nd, 2019, 01:08 PM
Gil Dobie was 8-0 in his 2 years coaching the Bison. Left for the University of Washington, and his teams went 58-0-3. Finally lost a game the following year at his next job at Navy.

walliver
October 2nd, 2019, 01:10 PM

Actually, I would place money on the 85 man squad.

Can you imagine 17,999 people all being set by the snap.

Even if you limited it to 11 players on the field at one time, can you image all the sideline violations with that many people on the sideline.

bobcathpdevil56
October 2nd, 2019, 02:18 PM
A severely autistic poster, whose best work I won't link to because I'm not sure all of the gay pornography was cleaned up by the mods.

Oh man, that was a crazy time. His gay pornography attack was one of a kind.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 02:22 PM
JBB talks/posts to himself.

I don't know who Dill is.

Is Alphie a Griz or a Bison fan now?

I think the authorities confiscated Alpha's electronic devices... xnonox

JSUSoutherner
October 2nd, 2019, 02:27 PM
I think the authorities confiscated Alpha's electronic devices... xnonox

Alpha has recently been spotted on the Poli board.

He's around.

SCPALADIN
October 2nd, 2019, 02:37 PM
Actually, Wofford and Furman have played twice in the same season 5 times.
In 1889 Wofford won both
In 1890 Furman won both - there weren't a lot of teams to play back then.
In 1990 Wofford won one and the other was a tie
In 1969 Wofford won both
In 2017 Wofford won both

So the useless stat from that is that Furman has not beaten Wofford twice in the same season for 128 straight seasons.

That should be 1900....

walliver
October 2nd, 2019, 02:40 PM
That should be 1900....

I'll fix that, otherwise the streak would only be 28 years, and that doesn't sound as good.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 02:44 PM
Alpha has recently been spotted on the Poli board.

He's around.

Really?? He'd rather talk politics that drool on Bison ball sack?

JSUSoutherner
October 2nd, 2019, 03:25 PM
Really?? He'd rather talk politics that drool on Bison ball sack?

I'm sure he's still drooling on plenty of ballsacks.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 03:29 PM
I'm sure he's still drooling on plenty of ballsacks.

Those Bizuns are a testy bunch. Probably shouldn't make 'em jealous.

KPSUL
October 2nd, 2019, 03:45 PM

I'm currently at 22 years without tossing cookies, so I guess I hold the current record for no puking. If any one cares, and I honestly hope you don't, 22 yeas ago was due to eating 5 lobsters and drinking a bottle of cheap whiskey.

Bisonoline
October 2nd, 2019, 03:46 PM
Oh man, that was a crazy time. His gay pornography attack was one of a kind.

It was epic. The disturbing part was he knew where and how to access all that gay porn. All over an avatar. That boy is unhinged.

POD Knows
October 2nd, 2019, 04:59 PM
I'm currently at 22 years without tossing cookies, so I guess I hold the current record for no puking. If any one cares, and I honestly hope you don't, 22 yeas ago was due to eating 5 lobsters and drinking a bottle of cheap whiskey.I fought the good fight for about 16 hours after I got that stomach flu. It was sort of a 24 hour deal and I kept hoping I could make it to the end without hurling but couldn't do it. I then proceeded to hurl for about 8 hours straight and I don't have the proper technique down so I fight it and I am pretty sure I ended up with sprains and other injuries. I could barely walk the next day I was so sore.

cx500d
October 2nd, 2019, 06:53 PM

As we saw from the committee considering Furman ducking Colgate last year, a welsh is counted as a loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cx500d
October 2nd, 2019, 06:56 PM

Living in Fargo limits your food intake to unseasoned meat and potatoes, try living near a coast and eat lots of mollusks....it will either kill you, or regularly keep you in close proximity of the prayer throne

cx500d
October 2nd, 2019, 06:58 PM

This I believe, or was this a quote of NotTru?

cx500d
October 2nd, 2019, 07:00 PM
77 game win streak over Delaware. Used to be a good rivalry. Now just our punching bag. xpeacex

FYP

cx500d
October 2nd, 2019, 07:02 PM
28? that's all? I am at 29 and counting

I heard Furman had a strict morality code, but I think it’s only enforceable until you leave school or graduate

FUBeAR
October 2nd, 2019, 07:50 PM
As we saw from the committee considering Furman ducking Colgate last year, a welsh is counted as a loss.

https://i.giphy.com/media/KpmfW5TPcYzba/giphy.gif

gofurman
October 2nd, 2019, 10:09 PM
Colgate is 0-5 this year. that's a streak. couldn't resist that

McNeese72
October 3rd, 2019, 11:05 AM
Roadwarriors streak is at 466 and shows no sign of quitting. I believe it goes back to the late 70's

We need to schedule a game and introduce him to my tailgating buddy, Cbuck. Cbuck's streak of attending McNeese games, home and away, is now at 492 games. The Lamar game at the end of the season will be number 499 barring an unforseen circumstances. So, that means the first game next season at USL (ULL or whatever the hell they call themselves now) will be 500. I don't think we will have any playoff games this season.

Doc

AmsterBison
October 4th, 2019, 08:14 AM
This isn't a streak, but I was playing around with my ranking data to see if it was good - note: It's not - looks like I have one week of the Coaches poll in 2014 screwed up where Jacksonville and Jacksonville State got mixed up.

Anyway, I found the biggest drops and biggest rises in the coaches poll during the regular season:

Biggest Rise: +13 In 2017, South Dakota went from #23 to #10 when they beat #10 UND 45-7. UND only dropped 9 spots to #19
Biggest Drop: -13 In 2014, Fordham went from #10 to #23 when they lost to #7 Villanova 50-6. Villanova rose to #5

Dunno about you, but I find the 23-10 / 10-23 symmetry pleasing.

uni88
October 4th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Montana hasn't been shutout since 1989. 397 games and counting.

Cool!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2019, 08:06 PM
The Griz are the only team this week that has Dateliine's Keith Morrison reading their fight song.

https://youtu.be/tTDbWOEKiZ0

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KPSUL
October 5th, 2019, 11:22 AM
This lowest available price for game tickets from ESPN, might fit in this thread:

3:30 PM ET

[ (https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2210/elon-phoenix)
Elon (https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2210/elon-phoenix) (2-3, 1-1 CAA)

New Hampshire (https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/160/new-hampshire-wildcats) (2-2, 1-0 CAA)

Wildcat Stadium (NH) Durham, NH 52° F
Durham, NH
Tickets as low as $72

walliver
October 7th, 2019, 08:59 AM
More useless stats:
Mercer hasn't beaten Wofford in football since 1941, and has never won in the SoCon, but still leads the series 6-5.
ETSU has also not beaten Wofford since restarting football.
We last beat Clemson in 1933. Since then, they have refused to play at Wofford ... sore losers.