October 1st, 2019, 09:36 AM
http://thefcswedge.com/big-sky-conference/big-sky-quad-shot-week-5/

Tuesday morning reading is here.

100%GRIZ
October 1st, 2019, 10:03 AM
Thanks for posting this!

SactoHornetFan
October 1st, 2019, 10:04 AM
NAU is not a better team right now than Sac State. Guess the Hornets will have to show that this Saturday!

MrTitleist
October 1st, 2019, 11:10 AM
NAU is not a better team right now than Sac State. Guess the Hornets will have to show that this Saturday!

Change my mind. lol

Catbooster
October 1st, 2019, 11:11 AM
Nice write-up. Thanks

SactoHornetFan
October 1st, 2019, 12:27 PM
Change my mind. lol

Let's see: within a TD in the 4th qtr at Arizona State; tied Fresno in the 4th quarter after trailing all game. Both of those instances lost at the end due to FBS/FCS depth (as of now).
And blew out the teams we were supposed to. What has NAU done other than their win against Missouri State?

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 01:01 PM
Let's see: within a TD in the 4th qtr at Arizona State; tied Fresno in the 4th quarter after trailing all game. Both of those instances lost at the end due to FBS/FCS depth (as of now).
And blew out the teams we were supposed to. What has NAU done other than their win against Missouri State?

Even though diminishing NAU hurts our resume, I tend to agree that Sac State looks better than NAU. Should learn a little more about Sac this weekend, but that UNC crushing win gained a little value (albeit only a little) after the took down the Vandals.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2019, 01:47 PM

I agree with you on this one but damn anything can happen it seems like at any time in the BSC. Sac is a team to be concerned about as far as I'm concerned.

Professor Chaos
October 2nd, 2019, 09:57 AM
FWIW the wise guys seem to be on your side. I see that 5dimes has Sac State as a 2.5 point favorite over visiting EWU this Saturday.

Who would've imagined that being possible at this time last year?

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 10:10 AM
FWIW the wise guys seem to be on your side. I see that 5dimes has Sac State as a 2.5 point favorite over visiting EWU this Saturday.

Who would've imagined that being possible at this time last year?

Most intriguing game in the conference this weekend, IMO. Davis @ UND also interesting in that Davis should right the ship, but if not... stick a fork in 'em. Griz should dominate at home. SUU vs. PSU pillow fight. BBQ should roll at UI. UNC @ NAU likely has little ramifications on the final standings. MSU @ Poly could be a game (hate their offense), but I don't know they've got enough in the tank to hold us to less than 250 yards on the ground.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 2nd, 2019, 01:37 PM
Most intriguing game in the conference this weekend, IMO. Davis @ UND also interesting in that Davis should right the ship, but if not... stick a fork in 'em. Griz should dominate at home. SUU vs. PSU pillow fight. BBQ should roll at UI. UNC @ NAU likely has little ramifications on the final standings. MSU @ Poly could be a game (hate their offense), but I don't know they've got enough in the tank to hold us to less than 250 yards on the ground.

UCD has had a tough row to hoe this month with the travel to ND twice in 3 weeks etc. and I would not be surprised if they did lose again this week to be honest cuz UND is a decent team too. But they would be out of everyone's mind as a good team at that point for sure.

They would then go on a tear and still be a playoff danger in many ways for opponents in the BSC and if they made it for everyone else as well. They will knock some BSC teams out of contention I bet.

MSUBobcat
October 2nd, 2019, 02:12 PM
UCD has had a tough row to hoe this month with the travel to ND twice in 3 weeks etc. and I would not be surprised if they did lose again this week to be honest cuz UND is a decent team too. But they would be out of everyone's mind as a good team at that point for sure.

They would then go on a tear and still be a playoff danger in many ways for opponents in the BSC and if they made it for everyone else as well. They will knock some BSC teams out of contention I bet.

No disagreement that Davis could/will play spoiler yet this year. Nor about UND being a decent team. But if they DO drop this game, they have very little room for error in that a 7 win team is likely firmly on the bubble come late November. With tough games vs. Weber and MSU and @ Sac State remaining, this seems like a must-win game, which adds to its intrigue. I'm just more curious to learn about Sac State and whether EWU has any consistency whatsoever.