(FCS games only)

NDSU - 25

Princeton - 12

Furman - 7

NC A&T - 7

xsmileyclapx

Catbooster
October 1st, 2019, 12:34 AM
Other than NDSU, that means they weren't in the playoffs.

BisonFan02
October 1st, 2019, 12:55 AM

Shhhhhh......just let him have this. xlolx

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 05:31 AM

Does not change a thing

Those are the perks of getting screwed last year for FU, being in the Ivy for Princeton, and winning the Celebration Bowl for NC A&T, a congrats will do xthumbsupx

Congrats to all 4 of these teams for having the 4 longest active winning streaks in the FCS for FCS games xnodx

TheKingpin28
October 1st, 2019, 06:39 AM
Does not change a thing

Those are the perks of getting screwed last year for FU, being in the Ivy for Princeton, and winning the Celebration Bowl for NC A&T, a congrats will do xthumbsupx

Congrats to all 4 of these teams for having the 4 longest active winning streaks in the FCS for FCS games xnodxHey chattown, you're not fooling anyone.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Sycamore62
October 1st, 2019, 07:09 AM
Does not change a thing

Congrats to all 4 of these teams for having the 4 longest active winning streaks in the FCS for FCS games xnodx

Indiana State wasnt on the list

Winindy
October 1st, 2019, 07:11 AM
Why FCS only? FBS don't count? If you play a game, and don't win, the win streak is over. Congrats on starting your new losing streak.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 09:47 AM
Indiana State wasnt on the list

That's because you laid an egg vs. Dayton

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:06 AM
Why FCS only? FBS don't count? If you play a game, and don't win, the win streak is over. Congrats on starting your new losing streak.

This winning steak is FCS games xnodx

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 10:10 AM

Bingo!! FUballboy likes to change the definition of words and move goal posts as he sees fit to be able to put Furman in some sort of "select group". This one, celebrating not making the playoffs, is beyond ridiculous.

I haven't looked it up, but I believe MSU is undefeated on the 3rd Tuesday following Waning Gibbous moon in odd years when Congress is split between 2 parties.

https://media.giphy.com/media/eUPnwCpz54z5K/giphy.gif

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:15 AM
Bingo!! FUballboy likes to change the definition of words and move goal posts as he sees fit to be able to put Furman in some sort of "select group". This one, celebrating not making the playoffs, is beyond ridiculous.

I haven't looked it up, but I believe MSU is undefeated on the 3rd Tuesday following Waning Gibbous moon in odd years when Congress is split between 2 parties.

https://media.giphy.com/media/eUPnwCpz54z5K/giphy.gif

Its almost funny how you guys get so worked up so easily xlolx

Bisonator
October 1st, 2019, 10:17 AM
What's even funnier is how hard you try to make furman relevant.

FURMAN SUCKS!:D

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:18 AM
What's even funnier is how hard you try to make furman relevant.

FURMAN SUCKS!:D

The FCS win steak is alive and well chief, facts xnodx

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 10:21 AM

What's truly funny is you think we're worked up, but we're actually laughing our asses off at how hard you try to stroke Furman's schmeckle. xlolx

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:24 AM
What's truly funny is you think we're worked up, but we're actually laughing our asses off at how hard you try to stroke Furman's schmeckle. xlolx

And I am laughing my ass off at how predictable it is that you will come into the thread on que and whine and moan, so so predictable xrotatehx

If you can't handle facts, don't click the thread and you won't get worked up, simple

IBleedYellow
October 1st, 2019, 10:24 AM
Tune in next week for FUGameBreaker's next post about stats being changed around to put Furman in a high company in a round about way that makes no sense to the rest of AGS!

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:25 AM
FCS winning streak = totally legit mates xthumbsupx

Bisonator
October 1st, 2019, 10:27 AM
Tune in next week for FUGameBreaker's next post about stats being changed around to put Furman in a high company in a round about way that makes no sense to the rest of AGS!
How Furmans purple is actually 50 shades of lavender? xlolx

JSUSoutherner
October 1st, 2019, 10:30 AM
This thread is sad.

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 10:31 AM
FCS winning streak = totally legit mates xthumbsupx

If you're going to qualify your criteria to only FCS games, thereby implying your team didn't participate in the playoffs (kinda the whole point of the season), a whopping 7 game winning streak is nothing to hang your purple fur hat on. xcoffeex

For the record, excluding FBS and NDSU (since you think they're basically FBS anyway), MSU has rattled off EIGHT straight FCS wins. MSU beats FU in the Irrelevancy Streak competition! Whoop whoop!

that guy
October 1st, 2019, 10:38 AM
well i was not aware of that streak. We should give them the 1 overall seed NOW.:)

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 10:49 AM
well i was not aware of that streak. We should give them the 1 overall seed NOW.:)

#1 overall seed?!? Award them the FCS champs, cancel the playoffs and give them a bid in the CFP against the big boys!

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:54 AM
This thread is sad.

Sure it is for you, you lost your last FCS game pretty bad bro

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 10:55 AM
If you're going to qualify your criteria to only FCS games, thereby implying your team didn't participate in the playoffs (kinda the whole point of the season), a whopping 7 game winning streak is nothing to hang your purple fur hat on. xcoffeex

For the record, excluding FBS and NDSU (since you think they're basically FBS anyway), MSU has rattled off EIGHT straight FCS wins. MSU beats FU in the Irrelevancy Streak competition! Whoop whoop!

Your FCS winning streak is at 4

I would have loved to be in the playoffs last year, but since the committee scammed us ill take this as the current consolation xnodx

Catbooster
October 1st, 2019, 10:59 AM

I would have loved to be in the playoffs last year, but since the committee scammed us ill take this as the current consolation xnodx
Gonna get some T-shirts made?

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 11:19 AM

Good idea xlolx If we hit #1 on the streak I just might have too, just need FU to win plus Illinois St. and Columbia to pull upsets this weekend lol :D

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 11:24 AM

I'll chip in as long as we get a promise for photographic evidence of it being worn at an FU game...

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 11:31 AM

I'd rather have a smaller win streak and have made the playoffs last year than make up some kind of participation trophy type award, but you do you, Boo Boo.

JacksFan40
October 1st, 2019, 11:39 AM
SDSU is undefeated against non scholarship FCS schools, does that count as a streak?

Sycamore62
October 1st, 2019, 11:39 AM
That's because you laid an egg vs. Dayton

Yes, I know we dont have a streak. I was joking that we got screwed out of the playoffs last year and you didnt.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 11:40 AM
I'd rather have a smaller win streak and have made the playoffs last year than make up some kind of participation trophy type award, but you do you, Boo Boo.

Like I have said I would have loved to have not been scammed out of the playoffs last year over those weak Southland teams, but the FCS win streak is what the win streak is xnodx

JacksFan40
October 1st, 2019, 11:41 AM

You lost to a terrible Georgia State team who would maybe crack the Top 25 in the FCS, your win streak is irrelevant.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 11:41 AM
Yes, I know we dont have a streak. I was joking that we got screwed out of the playoffs last year and you didnt.

You deserved it more than Lamar and Incarnate Word no doubt xthumbsupx

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 11:42 AM
You lost to a terrible Georgia State team who would maybe crack the Top 25 in the FCS, your win streak is irrelevant.

Not irrelevant, its the 3rd longest in the Nation xnodx

JacksFan40
October 1st, 2019, 11:49 AM
Not irrelevant, its the 3rd longest in the Nation xnodx
If we don’t count FBS games and playoff games since you guys didn’t make it, SDSU is tied with Furman in FCS win streak at 7.

10/27/18 @ Illinois State W 38-28
11/3/18 Missouri State W 59-7
11/10/18 @ Southern Illinois W 57-38
11/17/18 South Dakota W 49-27
9/7/19 LIU W 38-3
9/14/19 Drake W 38-10
9/21/19 Southern Utah W 43-7

JSUSoutherner
October 1st, 2019, 11:52 AM
Sure it is for you, you lost your last FCS game pretty bad bro

S**t happens.

At least my team doesn't lose so often that a seven game streak is cause for celebration.

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 11:54 AM
SDSU is undefeated against non scholarship FCS schools, does that count as a streak?

Absolutely. Not as impressive as our 3rd Tuesday following Waning Gibbous moons in odd years with a split Congress record, however.

SU DOG
Speaking of streaks, do you need to be reminded that your last FCS loss was to the team who is currently 3-0 in the last 3 years against Furman, has beaten Furman 4 of the last 5 years, and you play at their place Saturday?

JacksFan40
S**t happens.

At least my team doesn't lose so often that a seven game streak is cause for celebration.
They think they’re top of the world because they’re putting together a solid season so far.

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 12:02 PM
Speaking of streaks, do you need to be reminded that your last FCS loss was to the team who is currently 3-0 in the last 3 years against Furman, has beaten Furman 4 of the last 5 years, and you play at their place Saturday?

They think they’re top of the world because they’re putting together a solid season so far.

So far.... if I was a Furman fan, I'd be more concerned about the streak mentioned by SU DOG. Ruh roh, Raggy.... hopefully FUfanboy didn't jinx 'em and end the streak the same week he made it up!!!

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 12:03 PM
S**t happens.

Not my fault their is only 2 teams in the nation (NDSU & Princeton) with longer streaks

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 12:04 PM

Well aware that if our streak is to stay alive it will have to be earned of course xnodx

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 12:24 PM

xflaggedx Illegal formation. You can't use schmeckle & Furman in the same post. Any time schmeckle is used, Furman must be referred to as Vermin. :D

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is sad.

Pathetic might be a more appropriate adjective.

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 12:26 PM
The FCS win steak is alive and well chief, facts xnodx

Congratulations! Here's you're reward ...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4f11305fc86aac78fb7f4fdf2e600ea0/tenor.gif

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 12:28 PM
Other points for Furman to hang their hat on.

1) The Furman Paladin roster has more of the letter "B" than any other team in the FCS this year.
2) Also on the roster is Sebastian Stubblefield, a distant relative of Igor, whom you may remember Al Bundy infamously defeated in a joust to lift the curse of Lower Uncton. The more you know.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 12:28 PM
Congratulations! Here's you're reward ...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4f11305fc86aac78fb7f4fdf2e600ea0/tenor.gif

uni88 right on que as well xthumbsupx

Facts don't lie, don't let it get you worked up xnodx

IBleedYellow
October 1st, 2019, 12:43 PM
I don't think you understand what "worked up" means. All of us posting are making fun of you, not mad @ you.

JSUSoutherner
October 1st, 2019, 12:48 PM
Pathetic might be a more appropriate adjective.

Why not both?

Grizalltheway
October 1st, 2019, 12:48 PM
Other points for Furman to hang their hat on.

1) The Furman Paladin roster has more of the letter "B" than any other team in the FCS this year.
2) Also on the roster is Sebastian Stubblefield, a distant relative of Igor, whom you may remember Al Bundy infamously defeated in a joust to lift the curse of Lower Uncton. The more you know.
Don't forget the 6 points they scored in the dying minutes of the '01 title game. xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 12:53 PM
I don't think you understand what "worked up" means. All of us posting are making fun of you, not mad @ you.

https://youtu.be/d-ELnDPmI8w

Catbooster
October 1st, 2019, 01:16 PM
I'll be rooting for you. If you manage to make it that far, I'll root for Point University to beat you by a huge margin. That might be enough to keep you out of the playoffs and keep the streak alive. xthumbsupx

uni88
October 1st, 2019, 01:23 PM
Why not both?

Good point. This thread is sad and pathetic.

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 01:44 PM
I'll be rooting for you. If you manage to make it that far, I'll root for Point University to beat you by a huge margin. That might be enough to keep you out of the playoffs and keep the streak alive. xthumbsupx

Sadly, this arbitrary streak comes to an end one way or the other this year because if they win out a Point beats them by a million.... they still get the auto-bid for the SoCon. I suppose they could decline the auto in order to keep this illustrious streak going, which would then stretch to 13 and counting. C'mon FUwaterboy, start petitioning your AD! Let him know how important this streak is. Clearly more important than playoffs!

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 01:44 PM

That's my point, you get so worked up that you try desperately to make fun at something that is just a simple fact xnodx

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 01:49 PM
That's my point, you get so worked up that you try desperately to make fun at something that is just a simple fact xnodx

Some facts are so stupid that the only reason people come to a thread about them is to make fun of the person who thought it was worth mentioning xnodx

SCPALADIN
October 1st, 2019, 01:51 PM
This thread is sad.

Catbooster
October 1st, 2019, 02:02 PM
Sadly, this arbitrary streak comes to an end one way or the other this year because if they win out a Point beats them by a million.... they still get the auto-bid for the SoCon. I suppose they could decline the auto in order to keep this illustrious streak going, which would then stretch to 13 and counting. C'mon FUwaterboy, start petitioning your AD! Let him know how important this streak is. Clearly more important than playoffs!
Oops. I wasn't thinking about the auto-berth. Sadly, the streak will end this year.

BisonBacker
October 1st, 2019, 02:19 PM
xpopcornx

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 02:31 PM
xpopcornx

Exactly, watching these dudes get all worked up over the FCS win streak fact is entertaining

Sorry MSU, SDSU and UNI you just don't make the cut

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 03:00 PM
Exactly, watching these dudes get all worked up over the FCS win streak fact is entertaining

Sorry MSU, SDSU and UNI you just don't make the cut

Still not understanding what "worked up" means, eh?

We didn't make "the cut" because we all won enough games to make the playoffs. In addition, all 3 hosted and won a home playoff game. It's unfortunate we don't have Furples' cute made up streak. Perhaps try winning more than 6 games and missing the playoffs so you don't have to cry for an entire calendar year, IDK. Little piece of advice... probably don't want to drop more than 1 game this year. Coming in with only 7 D-I wins puts you in a very precarious position yet again.

To the rational posters, what's everyone's guess for the number of strawman threads FUjocksniffer is going to start so he can sneak in his perceived slight that Furman got jobbed last year? I put the over/under at 8.5, 1 per week of regular season (this thread counts for this week) plus 1 or 2 bonus threads for the extra time he has during the bye week and or getting worked up in the last week cuz he's sweating the upcoming Selection Show. Can someone start a poll for that???

gofurman
October 1st, 2019, 03:06 PM

good grief people- GROW UP. and learn to READ !!! Who said Furman fans think we are top of the world. This quote of "THEY think they are top of the world" - what THEY? who THEY? one guy? that ain't THEY. Show me 5 fans saying we are top of the world and I'll give you THEY. I see one.

Furman is good, probably top 15 worthy (as you all voted yourselves!) and yet is only a 3 point fav (think about that) this week as we play a team (Sam) that beat Citadel who beat Georgia Tech. I mean, if we lose I think we are top15/20 and it just proves Samford is improving as much as anything.. after losing early Sam keeps winning and winning vs Citadel etc. This isn't the same Sam team that lost to YSU - NOT AT ALL. also, Samford has won EIGHTEEN OF THEIR LAST TWENTY AT HOME. As a ranked Citadel team found out no one wins there. It's weird. *that's a good question - how many teams have won 18 of their last 20 games at home? Not many - that's how hard it is to win there. It's crazy hard to beat them there.

After dropping the first two, Sam has run off three in a row against Woff and top 25 Citadel. And that one point two-pt conversion double OT loss to TTU isn't looking so bad anymore.. APy and TTU may be the best in OVC

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 03:06 PM
Still not understanding what "worked up" means, eh?

We didn't make "the cut" because we all won enough games to make the playoffs. In addition, all 3 hosted and won a home playoff game. It's unfortunate we don't have Furples' cute made up streak. Perhaps try winning more than 6 games and missing the playoffs so you don't have to cry for an entire calendar year, IDK.

To the rational posters, what's everyone's guess for the number of strawman threads FUjocksniffer is going to start so he can sneak in his perceived slight that Furman got jobbed last year? I put the over/under at 8.5, 1 per week of regular season (this thread counts for this week) plus 1 or 2 bonus threads for the extra time he has during the bye week and or getting worked up in the last week cuz he's sweating the upcoming Selection Show. Can someone start a poll for that???

You just can't let it go can you, ie. you are worked up

Let me put it in layman's terms for you since you can't quite seem to grasp where you are headed, if you created a thread about FCS regular season win streaks and filled it out with whoever is at the top spots in that and Furman was not on there I would not bother with your thread, it would mean nothing to me, that's kinda where you belong in this thread, but you can't quite bring yourself to doing that. I don't mind that you are here but the FACT that Furman is #3 on this list is not going to change until someone in FCS beats them, or beats NDSU or Princeton and we move on up, simple stuff really xnodx

Lorne_Malvo
October 1st, 2019, 03:08 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 03:08 PM
good grief people- GROW UP. and learn to READ !!! Who said Furman fans think we are top of the world. This quote of "THEY think they are top of the world" - what THEY? who THEY? one guy? that ain't THEY. Show me 5 fans saying we are top of the world and I'll give you THEY. I see one.

Furman is good, probably top 15 worthy (as you all voted yourselves!) and yet is only a 3 point fav (think about that) this week as we play a team (Sam) that beat Citadel who beat Georgia Tech. I mean, if we lose I think we are top15/20 and it just proves Samford is improving as much as anything.. after losing early Sam keeps winning and winning vs Citadel etc. This isn't the same Sam team that lost to YSU - NOT AT ALL. also, Samford has won EIGHTEEN OF THEIR LAST TWENTY AT HOME. As a ranked Citadel team found out no one wins there. It's weird.

After dropping the first two, Sam has run off three in a row against Woff and top 25 Citadel. And that one point two-pt conversion double OT loss to TTU isn't looking so bad anymore.. APy and TTU may be the best in OVC

I don't see any, but I do see FU sitting at #3 on this FCS win streak list xthumbsupx

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 03:25 PM
You just can't let it go can you, ie. you are worked up

Let me put it in layman's terms for you since you can't quite seem to grasp where you are headed, if you created a thread about FCS regular season win streaks and filled it out with whoever is at the top spots in that and Furman was not on there I would not bother with your thread, it would mean nothing to me, that's kinda where you belong in this thread, but you can't quite bring yourself to doing that. I don't mind that you are here but the FACT that Furman is #3 on this list is not going to change until someone in FCS beats them, or beats NDSU or Princeton and we move on up, simple stuff really xnodx

No one BELONGS in this thread because it's not an accomplishment for anyone other than NDSU and NC A&T because they ended last year with a post season victory. Princeton CHOSE not to see how they match up in the post season, so that's not really anything to beat your chest about. Getting left out of the playoffs is DEFINITELY not something to beat your chest about.

Your motive for these threads are as obvious as they are pathetic and tired. "Oh, woe is me, my poor Paladins' 6 whole wins didn't impress the committee enough last year to get invited to the dance. I better xdeadhorsex"

As far as not letting it go, that's laughable. It's called killing time at work, Scooter. I'm bored and making fun of you, while easy, still makes me chuckle.

MSUBobcat
October 1st, 2019, 03:26 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

Absolutely. But what else am I supposed to do til 5 o'clock??? Actually do work?!?!? Hell no!

JSUSoutherner
October 1st, 2019, 03:29 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

Honestly I kinda felt bad for the guy...

At first.

SU DOG
October 1st, 2019, 03:58 PM

Furman is good, probably top 15 worthy (as you all voted yourselves!) and yet is only a 3 point fav (think about that) this week as we play a team (Sam) that beat Citadel who beat Georgia Tech. I mean, if we lose I think we are top15/20 and it just proves Samford is improving as much as anything.. after losing early Sam keeps winning and winning vs Citadel etc. This isn't the same Sam team that lost to YSU - NOT AT ALL. also, Samford has won EIGHTEEN OF THEIR LAST TWENTY AT HOME. As a ranked Citadel team found out no one wins there. It's weird. *that's a good question - how many teams have won 18 of their last 20 games at home? Not many - that's how hard it is to win there. It's crazy hard to beat them there.

Thanks for the kind words, and I don't want to start a love fest here, but if anybody doubts that Furman belongs, just do the eye test with their offense. I honestly don't know how you defend this multi-faceted machine. If they need to beat you running - they will. If they need to beat you passing - they will. Furman is one tough FCS team and they have a huge B'ham alumni base who will show up to support them at Seibert Stadium Saturday. There are also questions about our team that scare the daylights out of me. Is our QB Oladokun going to be anywhere close to 100% or will he even play? Will we show ill effects from a grueling 4 OT win last Saturday?
I don't mean to highjack this thread - well maybe this particular thread needs to be mutated. LOL!

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 09:24 PM
No one BELONGS in this thread because it's not an accomplishment for anyone other than NDSU and NC A&T because they ended last year with a post season victory. Princeton CHOSE not to see how they match up in the post season, so that's not really anything to beat your chest about. Getting left out of the playoffs is DEFINITELY not something to beat your chest about.

Your motive for these threads are as obvious as they are pathetic and tired. "Oh, woe is me, my poor Paladins' 6 whole wins didn't impress the committee enough last year to get invited to the dance. I better xdeadhorsex"

As far as not letting it go, that's laughable. It's called killing time at work, Scooter. I'm bored and making fun of you, while easy, still makes me chuckle.

There is nothing happening on this thread except you going in circles because of the fact that you are apparently so worked up that your team is not on this list you just can't help yourself, good for you bud xlolx

Lorne_Malvo
October 1st, 2019, 09:27 PM
Winning.... I thought it said "Whining" and figured Furman had the streak in the bag.

FUGameBreaker
October 1st, 2019, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words, and I don't want to start a love fest here, but if anybody doubts that Furman belongs, just do the eye test with their offense. I honestly don't know how you defend this multi-faceted machine. If they need to beat you running - they will. If they need to beat you passing - they will. Furman is one tough FCS team and they have a huge B'ham alumni base who will show up to support them at Seibert Stadium Saturday. There are also questions about our team that scare the daylights out of me. Is our QB Oladokun going to be anywhere close to 100% or will he even play? Will we show ill effects from a grueling 4 OT win last Saturday?
I don't mean to highjack this thread - well maybe this particular thread needs to be mutated. LOL!

Best of luck this Saturday, should be a good one xnodx

that guy
October 1st, 2019, 09:33 PM
Maybe if Furman can extend their "streak" to double digits may the football gods send them to Fargo in the playoffs if the bison make it. It would be an epic thread

FUGameBreaker
October 2nd, 2019, 06:41 AM
Schedule for the top 4 this Saturday, lets see if we can get any movement and some upsets can be sprung:

NDSU @ Ill. St. 1pm

Columbia @ Princeton 1pm

NC A&T @ Norfolk St. 2pm

Furman @ Samford 3pm

FUGameBreaker
October 2nd, 2019, 11:17 AM
A similarly inspiring thread:

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?235422-2019-Pursuit-of-Perfection

that guy
October 3rd, 2019, 12:36 PM
stats fcs article today talks about streaks to watch for this weekend; not one word about Furman.xeyebrowx

MSUBobcat
October 3rd, 2019, 02:26 PM
stats fcs article today talks about streaks to watch for this weekend; not one word about Furman.xeyebrowx

WHHAAAA???? The conspiracy against Furman deepens..... It's almost like the entire football world is in on this xchinscratchx

OhioHen
October 4th, 2019, 06:50 AM
A similarly inspiring thread:

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?235422-2019-Pursuit-of-Perfection

The pursuit of perfection threads have been a regular component of the board for several years.

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2019, 09:51 PM
ESPN just got on FUGameBreaker's **** list....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191012/5bde7899decb77ac7a44574af2273a0d.jpg

MSUBobcat
October 11th, 2019, 10:39 PM
ESPN is clearly part of the DeRp StAtE. How dare they not recognize the very specific goalposts that FuGBe has defined for the rest of us!

TheKingpin28
October 12th, 2019, 08:01 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191012/5bde7899decb77ac7a44574af2273a0d.jpgxroflx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JayJ79
October 12th, 2019, 11:09 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191012/5bde7899decb77ac7a44574af2273a0d.jpg

how is 26 games tied for longest since 1978?
Didn't NDSU have a longer streak 2012-2014? (which was snapped by UNI beating the Bison)
Also, I'm only counting 25 in the current streak for NDSU. Am I missing something?

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Key word = "Active".

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 12:15 PM
Key word = "Active".

That doesn't answer the "how is 26 games tied for longest since 1978?" question.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 12:21 PM
That doesn't answer the "how is 26 games tied for longest since 1978?" question.

Make it harder than in needs to be if you want. The meaning is obvious to all but the most anal retentive.

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Make it harder than in needs to be if you want. The meaning is obvious to all but the most anal retentive.

Enlighten me.

The 26 games is not tied for the longest winning streak in FCS.
NDSU is not tied for the longest winning streak in FCS, they own it outright at 33 games between 2012-2014.

26 games is tied for the 2nd longest winning streak in FCS.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Enlighten me.

The 26 games is not tied for the longest winning streak in FCS.
NDSU is not tied for the longest winning streak in FCS, they own it outright at 33 games between 2012-2014.

26 games is tied for the 2nd longest winning streak in FCS.
It's the longest "active" winning streak. What don't you understand? WE hold the record at 33.

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 12:58 PM
It's the longest "active" winning streak. What don't you understand? WE hold the record at 33.

26 games is the longest active FCS streak. I get that.

What is being questioned is the note next to the triangle at the bottom that states "NDSU: T-longest since 1978 (FBS/FCS split)". What am I missing?

No_Skill
October 12th, 2019, 01:01 PM

What is being questioned is the note next to the triangle at the bottom that states "NDSU: T-longest since 1978 (FBS/FCS split)". What am I missing?

I'm with you. That line does not compute.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2019, 01:02 PM

The 33 games include FBS wins, the 26 straight are FCS only. So it's tied at 26 for longest FCS only streak.

uni88
October 12th, 2019, 01:05 PM
The 33 games include FBS wins, the 26 straight are FCS only. So it's tied at 26 for longest FCS only streak.

Did the Bison have more than 7 FBS wins during the 33 game streak? If not, there were more than 26 FCS wins during that streak. My guess is that the 2012-2014 streak is the longest in FCS and ESPN just screwed up.

WeAreThePride
October 12th, 2019, 01:06 PM
That doesn’t make any sense either.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 01:08 PM
My guess is that the 2012-2014 streak is the longest in FCS and ESPN just screwed up.

THAT IS NOT AN ACTIVE STREAK. Damn....

WeAreThePride
October 12th, 2019, 01:09 PM
THAT IS NOT AN ACTIVE STREAK. Damn....
So with whom is NDSU tied for the longest record?

JayJ79
October 12th, 2019, 01:43 PM
So with whom is NDSU tied for the longest record?
yeah, especially since we're apparently only talking about currently active streaks. so that must mean that there is another team that is currently on a 26-game winning streak in the FCS.

JayJ79
October 12th, 2019, 02:00 PM

Current NDSU streak:
6 games in 2017 after their loss at SDSU: (USD, @ILS, San Diego, Wofford, SHSU, JMU)
15 games in 2018 (not sure if North Alabama "counts" as FCS that year or not, so it might be 14)
5 games in 2019 thus far (the source I was looking at didn't have the Butler game listed, hence my earlier 25 total)
-----------
26 total (counting North Alabama)

2012-2014 win streak:
9 games in 2012 after losing to Indiana State
13 games in 2013 (not counting FBS KSU or D2 Ferris St)
8 games in 2014 prior to their loss at UNI (not counting FBS Iowa St, and assuming Incarnate Word counts as an FCS game that season)
------------
30 FCS games total (counting Incarnate Word)

thebootfitter
October 12th, 2019, 04:45 PM
THAT IS NOT AN ACTIVE STREAK. Damn....Wow!

You do realize that you are the one not understanding the concern here, right?

"Since '78" implies win streaks since that time. The screen showed inconsistencies in what they were saying. They messed up. They should have left off the reference to "since' 78." Then it would have been fine. But since they introduced an inconsistency, they deserve to be called out for the error.

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Wow!

"Since '78" implies win streaks since that time. The screen showed inconsistencies in what they were saying. They messed up. They should have left off the reference to "since' 78." Then it would have been fine. But since they introduced an inconsistency, they deserve to be called out for the error.
Agreed, that caption at the bottom is not right. I wonder if they meant they were tied for the 2nd longest streak since '78 or if they just missed the fact that NDSU won 33 in a row earlier this decade because NDSU's current streak was tied with JMU from '16-'17 for 2nd longest in FCS history at 26 games until NDSU added to it earlier today.

Hammersmith
October 12th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Wow!

I think the mistake was that the bottom graphic was supposed to be 'NDSU: T-2nd longest since 1978'. They just forgot the '2nd'.

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Wow!

See post #84.

thebootfitter
October 12th, 2019, 09:47 PM
See post #84.Unless I am misreading your intentions here (which is always possible), you are coming across as rather douchey on this thread. I've never had that impression of you before, so I may be off base. Feel free to set me straight if it is worth your time.

There's no doubt that ESPN messed up. It's easy to see how there was confusion. It doesn't require being "anal" to be confused by ESPN's mistake. But with a bit of thought around what was presented, one can speculate a few ways that make sense of ESPN's mistake. If you think that calling out such a blatant error that obviously caused a lot of confusion is "anal," then I will have you call you out as "douchey." (Note that's conditional. Allowing for the very real possibility that I'm misreading your intentions here.)

Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lorne_Malvo
October 12th, 2019, 11:31 PM
Unless I am misreading your intentions here (which is always possible), you are coming across as rather douchey on this thread. I've never had that impression of you before, so I may be off base. Feel free to set me straight if it is worth your time.

There's no doubt that ESPN messed up. It's easy to see how there was confusion. It doesn't require being "anal" to be confused by ESPN's mistake. But with a bit of thought around what was presented, one can speculate a few ways that make sense of ESPN's mistake. If you think that calling out such a blatant error that obviously caused a lot of confusion is "anal," then I will have you call you out as "douchey." (Note that's conditional. Allowing for the very real possibility that I'm misreading your intentions here.)

Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No worries, it was obvious to me what the intent of ESPN was. I assume most people here understood it as well, but a few decided to go on something akin to a grammar witch hunt. Its something so insignificant that to even have to discuss it seems ridiculous. I cant stand ESPN but this is a extremely minor issue given their history of mishaps.

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2019, 07:30 AM
No worries, it was obvious to me what the intent of ESPN was. I assume most people here understood it as well, but a few decided to go on something akin to a grammar witch hunt. Its something so insignificant that to even have to discuss it seems ridiculous. I cant stand ESPN but this is a extremely minor issue given their history of mishaps.
If by grammar witch hunt you mean they accidentally left out a "2nd" in their caption so be it. That's a pretty major omission though. It's kind of like saying "Georgia Southern has the most FCS/1AA national titles since 1978."

Bisonator
October 19th, 2019, 03:19 PM
xwhistlex

Where you at FUgameloser? WTF happened?? xcoffeex

Furman sucks!:D

BisonFan02
October 19th, 2019, 03:57 PM
As I said in the GOTW thread....

furman sucks

POD Knows
October 19th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Sloppy thirds. Furman sucks

Bison56
October 19th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Furman was obviously way overrated.

PaladinFan
October 19th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Furman was obviously way overrated.

I realize most of you are saying that just to get back at a single poster who managed to rile up most of you. That poster shows up just during football season, makes life difficult for Furman fans on here, and then leaves when the seasons over. Don't hold it against us.

Furman wasn't at their best today. They are likely not a top 10 team, though I think the FCS talent right now is a mile wide and an inch deep.

JSUSoutherner
October 19th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Lul

BisonFan02
October 19th, 2019, 08:25 PM
I realize most of you are saying that just to get back at a single poster who managed to rile up most of you. That poster shows up just during football season, makes life difficult for Furman fans on here, and then leaves when the seasons over. Don't hold it against us.

Furman wasn't at their best today. They are likely not a top 10 team, though I think the FCS talent right now is a mile wide and an inch deep.

I 100% just did mine since it was El Cid and in lower case Citdog style. xlolx I never hold an entire fanbase hostage due to one or a few village idiots. Have to deal with plenty of that ourselves.

POD Knows
October 19th, 2019, 08:34 PM

Furman wasn't at their best today. They are likely not a top 10 team, though I think the FCS talent right now is a mile wide and an inch deep.Yea, we are piling on the guy you referenced, nothing against the team or the posters here, Furman seems like a pretty class act to me but if you can't rub salt in the wound, life would have no meaning. :D

uni88
October 19th, 2019, 08:38 PM
I 100% just did mine since it was El Cid and in lower case Citdog style. xlolx I never hold an entire fanbase hostage due to one or a few village idiots. Have to deal with plenty of that ourselves.Yep.

That one poster is a real schmeckle.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

uni88
October 22nd, 2019, 01:21 PM
The 4 Longest Active FCS Winning Streaks in the Nation
(FCS games only)

NDSU - 25

Princeton - 12

Furman - 7

NC A&T - 7

xsmileyclapx

Can we get an update on this?

HootyHoo
October 22nd, 2019, 01:53 PM
Kennesaw State has won 22 consecutive regular season games against FCS opponents. xdrunkyx

AmsterBison
October 22nd, 2019, 01:54 PM
Can we get an update on this?

NDSU - 28
Princeton - 15
JMU - 7
South Dakota State - 6

Can't vouch for this.

Professor Chaos
October 22nd, 2019, 03:10 PM

NDSU - 28
Princeton - 15
JMU - 7
South Dakota State - 6

Can't vouch for this.
I got Bethune-Cookman at 9 and Dartmouth also at 7 (tip of the hat to taper's "Pursuit of Perfection" thread for an assist by massively cutting down the work).

aceinthehole
October 23rd, 2019, 06:08 AM

NDSU - 28
Princeton - 15
JMU - 7
South Dakota State - 6

Can't vouch for this.

I'm somewhat confused at the argument in this thread, but after losing the final game of the 2018 season, Central Connecticut has won 6 consecutive games vs. FCS opponents this season.