PDA

View Full Version : Maine @ Villanova

Gangtackle11
September 22nd, 2019, 10:53 AM
Maine (2-2 overall; 0-1 CAA) @ Villanova (4-0 overall, 1-0 CAA)

Game time: 3:30pm Family Weekend

TV: FloSports
Radio: 610AM ESPN Radio

Series All-Time: NOVA 12-10
Series in Villanova: NOVA 7-4
Series in Orono: MAINE 6-5
Streak: MAINE 1

First Meeting: MAINE 20, @NOVA 17 (11/19/1988)
Last Meeting: @MAINE 13, NOVA 10 (10/6/2018)
Last NOVA Win: @NOVA 31, MAINE 0 (10/7/2017)

Maine Last Game: W 35-21 @ Colgate
Villanova Last Game: W 52-45 @ Towson (OT)

Line:

Gangtackle11
September 22nd, 2019, 10:55 AM
Another great CAA match-up.

Expect another high-scoring game.

Chris Ferguson vs. Dan Smith @ QB.

Can’t wait.

mainejeff
September 22nd, 2019, 06:31 PM
This one won't be close.

vutomcat
September 23rd, 2019, 07:12 AM
This one won't be close.

Who is the blowout winner?

Looks like a good matchup on paper. Nova should be feeling pretty good about themselves and Maine will come in with something to prove. Both teams can really score. Defense and turnovers should be the difference. Don't see a line on 5 dimes yet but i'm guessing Nova -5

ElCid
September 23rd, 2019, 07:20 AM
Good game. Everyone thinks it will be a blowout for Nova because of some transitive thing, but I am not so sure. If it is a blowout, Maine may be in trouble.

Gangtackle11
September 23rd, 2019, 07:42 AM
Nova-Maine will be a good game. I don’t see a blowout either way.

Id be careful of Nova having a little bit of a letdown. Only the seniors have played on a Nova playoff team. They need to learn that the CAA is a grind each week. Beating Towson was a nice 1st step, but it doesn’t mean much unless they repeat it week after week.

Team has a good vibe to it currently. Let’s see how they handle adversity when it inevitably strikes.

Great start though. xpeacex

mainejeff
September 23rd, 2019, 07:56 AM
Who is the blowout winner?

Looks like a good matchup on paper. Nova should be feeling pretty good about themselves and Maine will come in with something to prove. Both teams can really score. Defense and turnovers should be the difference. Don't see a line on 5 dimes yet but i'm guessing Nova -5

Villanova 45 Maine 17.

vutomcat
September 23rd, 2019, 08:01 AM
Villanova 45 Maine 17.

A bit of sandbagging going on here I suspect. Not that there is anything wrong with some gamesmanship.

VUCats02
September 23rd, 2019, 08:05 AM
I would gladly offer Nova -10 to any Maine fan wanting to bet on a blowout! This absolutely has let down written all over it for Nova.

KPSUL
September 23rd, 2019, 08:09 AM
A battle of the perennial CAA underachievers. To close to call! Which team will start the collapse of their promising season Saturday?

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 23rd, 2019, 10:49 AM
Except for it's first game against Sacred Heart Maine has not played up to it's potential. It's playcalling has been inconsistent from to game to game throwing it all over the place against Towson and then running it against Colgate and only completing 8 throws? Some of that could be attributed to having a 28-7 lead and playing conservatively but we were unable to move the chains during this time.
Really don't know what to expect from them against Nova but Maine knows this is a big game and certainly don't want to be 0-2 in the CAA. Maine was in this exact position last year and won this game with a 50 yd FG as time expired.
Saw Dan Smith against Towson and his arm and mobility were very impressive. Remember people saying Nova was in trouble playing a QB from Campbell, don't think anyone would say that now, he looks good.

ngineer
September 23rd, 2019, 11:55 AM
Definitely favor 'nova, but I don't see a blowout. Maine is a tough team and. historically, has been good defensively. I pick the Wildcats by 9.

Gangtackle11
September 23rd, 2019, 07:27 PM
Villanova -7 (over/under 56)

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 23rd, 2019, 08:59 PM
Villanova -7 (over/under 56)

Sounds about right. Maine could use injured LB Jaron Grayer to be cleared to play. It would really be great to have the NIU transfer RB Rowell play but I am guessing we don't see him till the Richmond game.

vutomcat
September 24th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Any word on Jalen Jackson's injury and availability for this week?

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2019, 08:55 AM
It appears the Nova ags fan base has doubled, will a win over Maine bring it up to 4?

might be able To fill up a school bus by the end of the year if they keep winning

Gangtackle11
September 24th, 2019, 10:03 AM
It appears the Nova ags fan base has doubled, will a win over Maine bring it up to 4?

might be able To fill up a school bus by the end of the year if they keep winning

I think u have more to worry about than this topic. I have the dirty filthy birds 4th in the Ivy behind Princeton, Yale, & Dartmouth. Good news slightly ahead of Penn now.

Congrats on the come back to greatness UD fans. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
September 24th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Any word on Jalen Jackson's injury and availability for this week?

We have some injuries from my sources. Not divulging here. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
September 24th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Missed in the Towson game because of the 6 TDs (4 pass/2run) by Dan Smith & the 194 yards from CAA leading rusher Justin Covington was the 6 catches for 103 yards and 2 scores by true freshman WR Jaaron Hayek. Hayek was a de-commit from Rutgers where his 2 brothers play.

Nova is loaded with young offensive talent. They needed a QB to avoid another 5-6 season. Enter Dan Smith.

Getting young blood at the coordinator spots has also been an obvious upgrade. The OC Chris Boden, former Nova All-American QB in the late 90s, is a rising star.

You have a chance in the FCS if you have a QB. Thank you Campbell U. for your generous gift of Dan Smith. After Smith is Connor Watkins who will probably red shirt this season. Had 26 offers including 9 FBS before turning to Nova for the academics & football.

The future is bright. Just needed to find a guy to lead this season. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2019, 11:01 AM
I think u have more to worry about than this topic. I have the dirty filthy birds 4th in the Ivy behind Princeton, Yale, & Dartmouth. Good news slightly ahead of Penn now.

Congrats on the come back to greatness UD fans. xpeacex

I have Princeton ranked # 5

Dartmouth close to top 10

Penn and UNH are same team on Massey

Gangtackle11
September 24th, 2019, 11:15 AM
I have Princeton ranked # 5

Dartmouth close to top 10

Penn and UNH are same team on Massey

That’s funny. 11.5 point home favorite & it took a coach to go for 2 to hand Delaware a win. Now u are looking to a bogus computer ranking for solace. Massey has Nova going 11-1 with a win over guess who last game of the season. Please.....

Cant fault the positivity you have for a team that has played some very mediocre football to start this season.

I guess at 3-1 you can be excited, but if u watch how your team is playing & how the better CAA teams are playing it’s going to catch up to you guys very soon. I’ll give u a pass at Pitt, but you can’t honestly feel good about how you have played in your 3 wins. Struggled with all 3.

Nova has 3 wins vs. Colgate, Lehigh, & Bucknell. All 3 subpar teams with the possible exception of Colgate who has scheduled over their collective heads. All blowouts. You guys have wins over Delaware State, Rhody, & Penn. Much better competition? Maybe if you think Rhody is solid. It took you most of the game to get rid of Rhody (actually 3 OTs) & Penn. It took the mighty Hens til the 2nd half to shed themselves of FCS power Delaware State. I didn’t even mention our win at top 5 Towson. That’s just pouring salt into your wounds, Not fair.

And like all Ivy League teams that you now claim dominate the FCS scene.....Delaware will join them come the playoffs if your team keeps playing the way they are playing xpeacex

KPSUL
September 24th, 2019, 01:58 PM
That’s funny. 11.5 point home favorite & it took a coach to go for 2 to hand Delaware a win. Now u are looking to a bogus computer ranking for solace. Massey has Nova going 11-1 with a win over guess who last game of the season. Please.....

Cant fault the positivity you have for a team that has played some very mediocre football to start this season.

I guess at 3-1 you can be excited, but if u watch how your team is playing & how the better CAA teams are playing it’s going to catch up to you guys very soon. I’ll give u a pass at Pitt, but you can’t honestly feel good about how you have played in your 3 wins. Struggled with all 3.

Nova has 3 wins vs. Colgate, Lehigh, & Bucknell. All 3 subpar teams with the possible exception of Colgate who has scheduled over their collective heads. All blowouts. You guys have wins over Delaware State, Rhody, & Penn. Much better competition? Maybe if you think Rhody is solid. It took you most of the game to get rid of Rhody (actually 3 OTs) & Penn. It took the mighty Hens til the 2nd half to shed themselves of FCS power Delaware State. I didn’t even mention our win at top 5 Towson. That’s just pouring salt into your wounds, Not fair.

And like all Ivy League teams that you now claim dominate the FCS scene.....Delaware will join them come the playoffs if your team keeps playing the way they are playing xpeacex

In the interest of full disclosure, after week 4 I have Villanova at #5 and Delaware I just dropped out of my top 25. But in fact, I don't think we know how good Villanova is, and how good/bad Delaware is.

Villanova's first 3 wins could have been replicated by a lot of CAA, MVFC and SoCon teams currently unranked. The Towson win was an early season signature win; however, we all know that even a solid Towson team historically turns into a "paper tiger" from time to time, and like the "iconic" Blue Hens they lay a big egg once in a while.

You accurately point out the fact that Delaware does not currently have a top 25 resume, although to be fair, neither do a bunch of other top 25 teams. Unless the pull an upset @ Pitt, or lose by a razor thin margin, that game will do nothing to improve their resume.

The bottom line is that what has happened to this point pales in comparison to the upcoming conference schedule, where as Alex Trebek would tells us, "the dollar values double and the scores could really change!"

And yeah, I agree, ranking two Ivy League teams 5 and 10 after they each won one monumental mismatch of epic proportion is just plan stupid for all the same reasons we've covered over the years here on AGS. Actually, it should be grounds for a suspension from voting in the AGS poll.

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2019, 02:34 PM

Lol

I’m not Massey, just pointing out a fact

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2019, 02:49 PM
In the interest of full disclosure, after week 4 I have Villanova at #5 and Delaware I just dropped out of my top 25. But in fact, I don't think we know how good Villanova is, and how good/bad Delaware is.

Villanova's first 3 wins could have been replicated by a lot of CAA, MVFC and SoCon teams currently unranked. The Towson win was an early season signature win; however, we all know that even a solid Towson team historically turns into a "paper tiger" from time to time, and like the "iconic" Blue Hens they lay a big egg once in a while.

You accurately point out the fact that Delaware does not currently have a top 25 resume, although to be fair, neither do a bunch of other top 25 teams. Unless the pull an upset @ Pitt, or lose by a razor thin margin, that game will do nothing to improve their resume.

The bottom line is that what has happened to this point pales in comparison to the upcoming conference schedule, where as Alex Trebek would tells us, "the dollar values double and the scores could really change!"

And yeah, I agree, ranking two Ivy League teams 5 and 10 after they each won one monumental mismatch of epic proportion is just plan stupid for all the same reasons we've covered over the years here on AGS. Actually, it should be grounds for a suspension from voting in the AGS poll.

suspension for voting in FCS poll should be continuing to ignore how good Princeton and Dartmouth are in my opinion, by the way I did not say I have Dartmouth at 10, I said near

watched a few of there games last year and was thinking both these teams look pretty good

Checked on Massey and saw I might be underestimating them

Ivy gaining ground quickly on CAA

punishing them for not participating in playoffs is sour grapes but thats what sour people do I guess

Gangtackle are you running for office? Your posts sound like it as they are just talking points and really pay no attention to
What someone said or didnt say, That’s fine though as someone once said I don’t bruise like a peach

KPSUL
September 24th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Massey grossly overrates Ivy teams for no valid or reliable criteria. For some reason their insular schedule and the fact that they play almost all their OOC games vs the bottom half of the Pioneer and Patriot Leagues leading to a stellar conference-wide W-L OOC record, and the fact that there best teams never face the best of FCS in playoffs, results in a Massey anomaly. I suspect the Massey algorithm has been designed to work most effectively for P5 teams, increasingly less effective as you move down each level, and less effective than selecting randomly for the Ivy based on singularly unique aspects of their schedules.

caribbeanhen
September 24th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Massey grossly overrates Ivy teams for no valid or reliable criteria. For some reason their insular schedule and the fact that they play almost all their OOC games vs the bottom half of the Pioneer and Patriot Leagues leading to a stellar conference-wide W-L OOC record, and the fact that there best teams never face the best of FCS in playoffs, results in a Massey anomaly. I suspect the Massey algorithm has been designed to work most effectively for P5 teams, increasingly less effective as you move down each level, and less effective than selecting randomly for the Ivy based on singularly unique aspects of their schedules.

Great points but something changed recently

The talent level seems so much better now at the top of the Ivy

Yes, would be nice if they actually played somebody

Gangtackle11
September 24th, 2019, 03:43 PM

In the interest of full disclosure I had Nova at 13 & Delaware out (1st poll giving them the boot). I don’t watch my football team through rose colored glasses like some do here. Never thought Towson was 5 & I’m not ready to anoint Nova there now.

Now 3 weeks from now if Nova comes out of Maine, @W&M (looking to be a dark horse) & JMU @ 5-2,6-1, or dare I say 7-0 it’s game on. 5-2 will start to look like a playoff contender. 6-1 or 7-0 a team with a playoff bye.

Focus is on Maine only, but the possibilities are intriguing. Even 3 losses and a 4-3 record still will give Nova a decent shot at 9-3 running the table vs. Stony Brook, @UNH, Richmond, LIU, & Delaware although unlikely. xpeacex

KPSUL
September 24th, 2019, 03:45 PM
Great points but something changed recently

The talent level seems so much better now at the top of the Ivy

Yes, would be nice if they actually played somebody

Based on the recent ratings of Ivy recruiting classes, that seems to be true. However, I don't think recruiting classes are factored in Massey ratings. I looked closely at Massey and Sagarin rating methodologies a couple years ago and don't recall any recruiting class related variables. The Ivy schedules are so insular and convoluted from the norm, they can't accurately be compared to other teams. I personally don't use them when voting in the AGS poll, and IMO no one should use them to justify ranking an Ivy team. With or without excellent recruiting classes, until the Ivy League starts playing more games, scheduling a wider variety of FCS and FBS teams, and participates in the playoffs, I can't justify any Ivy team near the top of an FCS poll. For me that means the top 10 or 15 is beyond the ceiling they have, for all intents and purposes, imposed upon themselves. Theoretically I suppose it is possible for the few Ivy teams that do play CAA teams. In 2014, when UNH had an undefeated FCS schedule going into the playoffs, had Dartmouth beaten us, and went undefeated the rest of their 10 game season, you could have made a case for a top 10 ranking BEFORE the playoffs. As it turns out, Dartmouth finished 8-2 that season, but lost 52-17 to eventual FCS Semi-Finalist UNH.

KPSUL
September 24th, 2019, 04:04 PM
In the interest of full disclosure I had Nova at 13 & Delaware out (1st poll giving them the boot). I don’t watch my football team through rose colored glasses like some do here. Never thought Towson was 5 & I’m not ready to anoint Nova there now.

Now 3 weeks from now if Nova comes out of Maine, @W&M (looking to be a dark horse) & JMU @ 5-2,6-1, or dare I say 7-0 it’s game on. 5-2 will start to look like a playoff contender. 6-1 or 7-0 a team with a playoff bye.

Focus is on Maine only, but the possibilities are intriguing. Even 3 losses and a 4-3 record still will give Nova a decent shot at 9-3 running the table vs. Stony Brook, @UNH, Richmond, LIU, & Delaware although unlikely. xpeacex

I'l be surprised if any CAA team ends up better than 6-2 in conference play. If that happens, it will hurt the CAA teams that make the playoffs in terms of seeding. Unfortunate, but unavoidable considered the parity that exists in the conference this season. I'm really not writing off anyone at this point. URI with two conference losses already has made it tough for themselves; however, their corps of wide receivers is unsurpassed in the conference (and maybe all of FCS) and their QB, Vito Priore, was putting the ball right on target in all his short and mid range passes. They will be a dangerous opponent for everyone, particularly if they tighten up their line play just a bit.

Nova09
September 24th, 2019, 07:37 PM

Hey i still exist like, once a year! Its just that, that "once" has only been much fun for beating up on the hens recently 😆😆

caribbeanhen
September 25th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Based on the recent ratings of Ivy recruiting classes, that seems to be true. However, I don't think recruiting classes are factored in Massey ratings. I looked closely at Massey and Sagarin rating methodologies a couple years ago and don't recall any recruiting class related variables. Ie.

For me, it’s certinaly not recruiting class rankings, I dont pay much attention to those

it’s nothing more than watching some games, In my opinion just not that many FCS teams that would beat
Priceton last year..... just a simple eye test

They would beat both my Hens and your Wildcats last year (eye test)

Dartmouth would also be a solid CAA team

A few years ago, I never thought I would say these things but like I already said, something changed and not just me

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 25th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Back to the game, Maine got some good news in that LB Jaron Grayer will be ready to go and transfer RB Jordan Rowell from NIU will practice. Not sure Rowell will play as they may elect to keep him out till the Richmond game knowing we have a bye next week.

Derby City Duke
September 25th, 2019, 01:28 PM
suspension for voting in FCS poll should be continuing to ignore how good Princeton and Dartmouth are in my opinion, by the way I did not say I have Dartmouth at 10, I said near

watched a few of there games last year and was thinking both these teams look pretty good

Checked on Massey and saw I might be underestimating them

Ivy gaining ground quickly on CAA

punishing them for not participating in playoffs is sour grapes but thats what sour people do I guess

Gangtackle are you running for office? Your posts sound like it as they are just talking points and really pay no attention to
What someone said or didnt say, That’s fine though as someone once said I don’t bruise like a peach

I'm not punishing them for not participating in the playoffs, I'm just not inclined to move Ivy League schools into my poll when they haven't played yet. And who really knows how much the Ivies have caught up to the CAA -- the # of OOC matchups over the past 5-6 years between the two are too small a sample size to make that assessment.

xtwocentsx

caribbeanhen
September 25th, 2019, 01:40 PM
I'm not punishing them for not participating in the playoffs, I'm just not inclined to move Ivy League schools into my poll when they haven't played yet. And who really knows how much the Ivies have caught up to the CAA -- the # of OOC matchups over the past 5-6 years between the two are too small a sample size to make that assessment.

xtwocentsx

And I have never considered you as one of the sour ones!

Last year, I kept waiting for Maine to kick it into CAA gear against Yale but it just never happened, Yale pretty much dominated the eventual FCS semifinalist that day

As for this weeks game, give me the seven points and I’ll take Maine, It’s just hard to see them beating Villanova right now, Ferguson will need to pass for 6 TD’s

VUCats02
September 25th, 2019, 02:26 PM

Shame that a school that cares so much about football can't for the life of them beat its rival that cares so little about it.

All the more embarrassing!

Henny
September 25th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Wow, nova guys coming out of the woodwork with the prospects of a winning season for the first time in a while! No one on the Delaware side was big on this years team and now most have deep concerns.....

Nova looks to be better than Maine by two TDS

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 25th, 2019, 03:29 PM
And I have never considered you as one of the sour ones!

Last year, I kept waiting for Maine to kick it into CAA gear against Yale but it just never happened, Yale pretty much dominated the eventual FCS semifinalist that day

As for this weeks game, give me the seven points and I’ll take Maine, It’s just hard to see them beating Villanova right now, Ferguson will need to pass for 6 TD’s

No doubt, Yale kicked our butt. We laid an egg as I made the 6 hr trip to the Yale Bowl and was totally disappointed by our performance on both sides of the ball. Our 2nd string QB made his debut and it was as if we dropped our shoulders and decided not to defend as well. The backup QB had to play against Nova the following week and did just enough on offense to get us a 13-10 win, the defense really stepped it up and from that point on we had a great run. This team has the potential to do the same thing again. I know we can't shut Nova down but I think we can do a better job than Towson did, time will tell if we are a contender or a pretender this year. Homecoming game for Ferguson our QB who grew up 10 miles outside of Philly.

KPSUL
September 25th, 2019, 03:36 PM
For me, it’s certinaly not recruiting class rankings, I dont pay much attention to those

it’s nothing more than watching some games, In my opinion just not that many FCS teams that would beat
Priceton last year..... just a simple eye test

They would beat both my Hens and your Wildcats last year (eye test)

Dartmouth would also be a solid CAA team

A few years ago, I never thought I would say these things but like I already said, something changed and not just me

Eye tests can be very misleading, particularly when you are playing an insular schedule. A well played game between two evenly matched FCS teams is very hard to distinguish from a P5 game. I watched some Ivy games in 2018, mainly the Friday evening games that were broadcast weekly, but had no frame of reference to compare those teams to other FCS teams and make an assessment of who would beat whom. I don't have a problem with ranking Ivy teams - I've had the team I felt was the preseason Ivy favorite ranked around 20th. Actually, I'd have to conclude that they have no interest in getting teams ranked in the top 10, since they are choosing to limit their season extensively, and to the point they must realize they cannot and will not compete for the top sots in FBS football. I think they are just happy to play football for the league championship, and use the early OOC games as tune-up for the real season. With that intention, why should we worry about guessing where they belong in the FCS rankings ?

Gangtackle11
September 25th, 2019, 04:20 PM
Wow, nova guys coming out of the woodwork with the prospects of a winning season for the first time in a while! No one on the Delaware side was big on this years team and now most have deep concerns.....

Nova looks to be better than Maine by two TDS

Yes 2 seasons of losing. 9-4 in ‘16 lost a 10-7 game @ SDSU. When u have a QB u have a chance. Smith is everything that I heard about this summer & more. Just need him to stay healthy. Always a concern in this Spread RPO offenses. The team has really come together. Defense needs to tighten their collective belts, but if the offense keeps scoring 40+ it may be alright.

CAA is a brutal gauntlet to run through each week. No rest for Nova with a grumpy Maine team coming in. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
September 25th, 2019, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=CenMEBlackBearFan;2805189]No doubt, Yale kicked our butt. We laid an egg as I made the 6 hr trip to the Yale Bowl and was totally disappointed by our performance on both sides of the ball. Our 2nd string QB made his debut and it was as if we dropped our shoulders and decided not to defend as well. The backup QB had to play against Nova the following week and did just enough on offense to get us a 13-10 win, the defense really stepped it up and from that point on we had a great run. This team has the potential to do the same thing again. I know we can't shut Nova down but I think we can do a better job than Towson did, time will tell if we are a contender or a pretender this year. Homecoming game for Ferguson our QB who grew up 10 miles outside of Philly

6 hour trip to the Yale Bowl.... wow!

If Nova is Going to lose a few games this year Maine has to be one of them

Lets Go Oso Negro

Gangtackle11
September 26th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Maine Game Notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/umaine.sidearmsports.com/documents/2019/9/24/GM5_Villanova.pdf

Gangtackle11
September 27th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Villanova Game Notes:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/villanova.com/documents/2019/9/27/G5_Maine.pdf

Gangtackle11
September 27th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Nice article on Nova:

https://www.flofootball.com/articles/6567921-eighth-ranked-villanova-is-surprising-everyone-but-themselves (https://www.flofootball.com/articles/6567921-eighth-ranked-villanova-is-surprising-everyone-but-themselves)

MR. CHICKEN
September 28th, 2019, 07:06 AM
31125.....HEY 'NOVA......WHAAA DAY IS IT.....WHAAA DAY IS IT........"LUMP DAY"..........BRAWK!!

cx500d
September 28th, 2019, 05:01 PM
Villanova is doing great this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schism55
September 28th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Very nice win Nova! Congrats xdrunkyx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2019, 05:48 PM
'Nova looks really good!

Interested to see what the Maine fans thoughts on their new coaching staff are.

Gangtackle11
September 28th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Maine came out very flat. Perked up in 2nd half for bit, but were too far behind to really scare Nova.

5-0. Next up @ W&M. xpeacex

smilo
September 28th, 2019, 09:49 PM
Maine remains favored in every FCS game the rest of the way, but man, I am very much not feeling this team, probably because they are not feeling each other. The only time they got going was on trick plays. Way too many turnovers even for that cupcake of a conference schedule (by CAA standards) - no JMU, no UD, no SBU. Waste of above average FCS talent.

CenMEBlackBearFan
September 29th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Maine has looked terrible against Nova and Towson. With the talent coming back I guess this points to coaching why this team is not playing well. They have a RB transfer from NIU that should be ready for their next game in two weeks against Richmond and with the return of the LB Grayer it is possible that can still pull it together. A bye may be the best thing for this team. Trying to stay positive on this team but it is not easy. Guess we played better in the 2nd half but I missed it.