PDA

View Full Version : First Take and ESPN to visit Delaware State tommorow for HBCU Week

ASU33
September 19th, 2019, 12:54 PM
DSU will host First Take Tomorrow Morning a part of ESPNs HBCU Week! DSU will also host Howard for homecoming on Saturday with the game being broadcasted on ESPN3

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2019/09/stephen-a-smith-first-take-live-from-76ers-fieldhouse-as-part-of-hbcu-week-september-20/

Anthony215
September 19th, 2019, 01:18 PM
That's awesome exposure for Delaware State. They should be heavily marketing their homecoming to local recuits as well as their out of state visits they're allotted for football recruiting. Weather is supposed to be pretty good this Saturday which means if they market this correctly they should be beyond capacity in Alumni Stadium.

IBleedYellow
September 19th, 2019, 01:25 PM
That's pretty cool! Good for Delaware State and the HBCU's as a whole.

Derby City Duke
September 19th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Good get for DSU! Hope their admin uses the exposure to promote the school along with its athletics.

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Rare opportunity for DSU to enjoy the spotlight!

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Enjoy the spotlight.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

93henfan
September 20th, 2019, 07:34 AM
So it's in Wilmington at the 76ers Fieldhouse and not actually at the DSU campus down in Dover (hour away)? I think the title of the thread is misleading after you actually click and read the link. At any rate, any exposure is good exposure for the hapless Hornets.

Bisonator
September 20th, 2019, 08:53 AM
Think I'd shoot myself before I watched First Take or any of those stupid debate shows on ESPN or FoxSports. Obnoxious twats.

uni88
September 20th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Awesome!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

DSUrocks07
September 20th, 2019, 09:11 AM
So it's in Wilmington at the 76ers Fieldhouse and not actually at the DSU campus down in Dover (hour away)? I think the title of the thread is misleading after you actually click and read the link. At any rate, any exposure is good exposure for the hapless Hornets.This is nothing to brag about to be honest. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't even mention DSU specifically outside of them being in the same state as their location.

Part of me does imagine that if the failed Civic Center project came to fruition that they would definitely be broadcasting from there instead, and it would legitimately be IN Dover and right next to the campus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Professor
September 20th, 2019, 09:25 AM
The exposure should be good

OhioHen
September 20th, 2019, 11:01 AM
The reality is that this is a college fair for HBCUs to recruit locally. The population of potential interested students in and near Wilmington is much larger than the Dover area.

DSU happens to be the school providing the drumline for entertainment - nothing more. The inclusion of an ESPN show is a great plus for the event as a whole - impact for DSU is smaller as local students interested in an HBCU are already familiar with the in-state option.

Pinnum
September 20th, 2019, 11:36 AM
This event has been advertised around Wilmington and has not included any mention of Delaware State.

Here is one of the posters that has been up in Wilmington. It promotes other schools who will have their bands playing at the Battle of the Bands but doesn't mention Delaware State. ESPN will be going nowhere near campus.

OhioHen
September 20th, 2019, 12:22 PM
It promotes other schools who will have their bands playing at the Battle of the Bands but doesn't mention Delaware State.

There's a reason for that. xtwocentsx

bluehenbillk
September 20th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Guys, let me give you the real reason ESPN is there. Stephen A Smith lives in Swarthmore, PA & can sleep at home - plain & simple.....

Pinnum
September 20th, 2019, 02:09 PM
Guys, let me give you the real reason ESPN is there. Stephen A Smith lives in Swarthmore, PA & can sleep at home - plain & simple.....

And the city of Wilmington is paying him.