PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-21

JALMOND
September 18th, 2019, 08:18 PM
Three weeks in to the season and I've been hitting at 11 out of 12 every week. This week has to change, and not only that there are only 10 games involving Big Sky teams this week. Currently at 33-3 and this week's attempt at perfection.

EWU at UI---The Eagles defense has been the problem for them so far while the Vandals started off pretty bad and may now be coming around. Vandals defense held a good FBS team and had a chance to win last week. This game may be closer than people expect...EWU 33, UI 31.

ISU at Northern Iowa (Mo Valley)---Northern Iowa continues on their trek through the Big Sky, this time facing a beleaguered Bengals team searching for some offense. The Bengals defense may try to keep the score from getting out of hand...Northern Iowa 31, ISU 7.

Monmouth (Big South) at UM---The Grizzlies had some good moments last week and seem to be trending upwards every week. They go home and welcome a good Big South team to their home turf. Will there be any remembrances of last week?...UM 48, Monmouth 7.

Norfolk State (MEAC) at MSU---The Bobcats came home last week after a tough road win in hostile Missouri Valley country. Things should be a bit easier this weekend as they head home and find a decent MEAC team. No problems here...MSU 35, Norfolk State 7.

NAU at Illinois State (Mo Valley)---This will be a good test for the Lumberjacks, coming off a solid win over a DII team and now must go on the road to face one of the better Mo Valley teams. A good showing is expected at least, but a win?...Illinois State 28, NAU 13.

South Dakota (Mo Valley) at UNC---Can the Bears compete in the conference this year? Last week certainly makes one think that they can't. They do get a Mo Valley team that is equally struggling and needing a win. Will it matter?...South Dakota 26, UNC 18.

Eastern Oregon (NAIA) at PSU---The Vikings continue their non conference slate coming down to the NAIA level this weekend. This game should not be much of a contest but the Vikings still can't afford to look past any opponent...PSU 48, Eastern Oregon 14.

SAC at Fresno State (FBS Mtn West)---The Hornets have looked impressive so far and put everyone on notice this year. Impressive this week would be a win over an FBS team, or at least keep it fairly close...Fresno State 38, SAC 24.

SUU at South Dakota State (Mo Valley)---The Thunderbirds finally got a win last week against a fellow FCS school from the Southland. Have they turned the corner? Their reward is to face one of the nation's best this weekend on the road...South Dakota State 42, SUU 7.

UCD at North Dakota State (Mo Valley)---Everyone is wondering how good is this Aggies team and so far they have not disappointed their fanbase. They go on the road and face the team everyone is gunning for this year. Can they get the win?...North Dakota State 28, UCD 24.

mvemjsunpx
September 18th, 2019, 10:48 PM
EOU 14-51 Portland St. — The Mountaineers are better than Simon Fraser, but still no match for the Viks

Sac State 17-38 Fresno — Probably still a couple more weeks before we find out if the Hornets are legit

Davis 27-38 NoDak State — Can Jake Maier survive the Fargodome?

EWU 42-31 Idaho — The depression from blowing a 21-point lead is replaced by the depression of the Kibbie Dome

Idaho St. 21-38 Yunie — This is Idaho State's first FCS non-conference game in 11 years xeekx

Suutah 17-49 SoDak State — Jackrabbit starting QB J'Bore Gibbs will supposedly return this week

NAU 20-35 Illinois St. — NAU has only been good at passing while ISU has been good at everything but passing

Monmouth 28-45 Montana — MU beats the weak teams & gets hammered by the good ones. Is Montana good?

Norfolk St. 16-41 Montana St. — When was the last time a Big Sky team played a MEAC team?

SoDak 34-27 NoCo — There's a good chance the loser of this game goes 0-12 xeyebrowx

bonarae
September 18th, 2019, 11:01 PM
EWU
UNI
Griz
Montana State
ISU red
USD
Portland State
Fresno State
SDSU
NDSU

SUPharmacist
September 19th, 2019, 08:04 AM
EWU
UNI
Montana
Montana State
Illinois State
South Dakota
Portland State
Fresno State
SDSU
NDSU

wapiti
September 19th, 2019, 09:14 AM
I am at 34-2 The picks are going to start getting harder to get right.

EWU 32 at UI 28---Idaho is hosting. So the home field advantage gives them a small chance. But I see EWU taking this one.

ISU 22 at Northern Iowa 32 ---UNI has been playing well this year and they are hosting this game.

Monmouth 16 at UM 42---Griz should roll in this one.

Norfolk State 13 at MSU 35---Norfolk has shown some signs of playing well, but MSU is hosting and is the better team.

NAU 24 at Illinois State 32 --- This game should be a good indicator for both teams. I go with the higher ranked and hosting team.

South Dakota 17 at UNC 14---Pillow fight of the MVFC and BSC challenge series. This game is 50/50. But I think SD takes the road W.

Eastern Oregon 10 at PSU 42---This should be another easy W for PSU.

SAC 21 at Fresno State 35 ---The Hornets put the Big Sky on notice last week after shutting out UNC by a large margin. Sac is exceeding preseason expectations. Fresno better not be overlooking this game.

SUU 16 at South Dakota State 38 --- So far the Thunderbirds are not following their pattern of being good every other year. SDSU is a heavy favorite in this one.

UCD 17 at North Dakota State 35 ---Based on the rankings this should be a very good match. But NDSU is a heavy favorite to win this.

jayhawkdaddy
September 19th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Portland State
Fresno State
North Dakota State
Eastern Washington
Northern Iowa
South Dakota State
Illinois State
Montana
Montana State
South Dakota

MSUBobcat
September 19th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Haven't done predictions this year, but using my results in the weekly pick 'em, I have an unofficial record of 35-1. In week 1, there were only 3 games that didn't involve inter-division games and all were on the pick 'em. I went 2-3 (damn USeD dropping the ball!). In week 2 there were 5 FCS vs. FCS games and 4 were on the pick 'em. I was perfect in the 4 and the remaining game of SUU @ UNI seems pretty obvious, which is likely why MTfan didn't include it. In week 3, there were again 5 games not involving playing up/down with 4 being on the pick 'em. I again went perfect in those games and the excluded game of Lehigh @ UCD, which again seems pretty obvious. Now that we have a nearly full slate of FCS games, things are getting tougher, so I'll make my predictions official.

EWU @ Idaho - Idaho still isn't very good and EWU is smarting from blowing a 4th quarter lead. I'd say EWU by 13.
Monmouth @ UM- Long trip across the country to a hostile territory; sounds like MU struggles in pass defense which plays right into UM's hands. Griz by 17.
Norfolk State @ MSU - same as above, but replace "pass" with "rush"; giving up 247 yd/game including 205 against Virginia State xeekx. MSU by 18.
Davis @ NDSU - dome and defense slows down Davis. NDSU by 14.
USeD @ UNC - in a 12 game season, this will likely be the only win for both teams. Yikes. Would have went with UNC until the 50 pt shutout loss to Sac State (Sac looks good, but not 50 pt shutout good). Don't fail me again USeD! By 6.
EOU @ PSU - playing way down, PSU should win handily. By 35 methinks.
ISU @ UNI - BSC sent 2 of our weaker teams out to Cedar Falls this year to face a stout UNI team. Not helping our "Challenge" results. UNI by 16.
SUU @ SDSU - another mismatch in the "Challenge" series. Bunnies by 25.
NAU @ Ill State - should actually be a good game with lots of points. Home team by 10.
Sac State @ Fresno State - while Sac State has looked impressive defensively, Fresno has a 1 score loss @ Pac 12 USC and an OT loss to B1G Goofers. Plus an extra week to prepare. Fresno by 9.

Iridebikes
September 20th, 2019, 08:09 AM
EWU over UI by two touchdowns.
Griz overwhelm Monmouth
Northern Iowa will handily beat Idaho State
Montana State will beat Norfolk State by a bunch. More then three td's
PSU beats up on NAIA Eastern Oregon.
Fresno State will be Sac State
Ill State will be NAU. My fear is that it will be by quite a bit.
SDSU will beat Southern Utah.
South Dakota beat UNC
My wish is that Cal Davis bear NDSU. I do believe that they can.

lucchesicourt
September 20th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Actually everyone is talking about the dome as it is going to be a detriment to Maier. I actually think no wind is going to make him better. Why? Direction you are going in will be the same both ways. Maier is VERY, VERY accurate. So, I see it as an advantage

for Maier. Our receivers are also very good and fast. If the DB's cannot cover the receivers, it could be a long day for NDSU. But, the one thing that does bother me, is we could have our defense on the field for too long a time if we score too quickly or the

Ags get 3 and outs.

mvemjsunpx
September 20th, 2019, 04:58 PM
eou @ PSU
Spread - (not listed)
Sagarin - (N.A.)
Massey - Viks by 35

UCD @ NDSU
Spread - Bison by 25.5
Sagarin - Bison by 27
Massey - Bison by 23

SAC @ FRES
Spread - Bulldogs by 22
Sagarin - Bulldogs by 17
Massey - Bulldogs by 35

EWU @ IDA
Spread - Eagles by 11.5
Sagarin - Eagles by 9
Massey - Eagles by 7

ISU @ UNI
Spread - Panthers by 14
Sagarin - Panthers by 17
Massey - Panthers by 10

SUU @ SDKST
Spread - Jackrabbits by 28.5
Sagarin - Jackrabbits by 29
Massey - Jackrabbits by 28

NAU @ ILST
Spread - Redbirds by 11
Sagarin - Redbirds by 5
Massey - Redbirds by 13

MONM @ UMT
Spread - Griz by 23.5
Sagarin - Griz by 22
Massey - Griz by 22

NFOLK @ MSU
Spread - Bobcats by 27
Sagarin - Bobcats by 25
Massey - Bobcats by 31

SDK @ NOCO
Spread - Coyotes by 6
Sagarin - Coyotes by 8
Massey - Coyotes by 4

MSUBobcat
September 21st, 2019, 12:28 PM
Actually everyone is talking about the dome as it is going to be a detriment to Maier. I actually think no wind is going to make him better. Why? Direction you are going in will be the same both ways. Maier is VERY, VERY accurate. So, I see it as an advantage

for Maier. Our receivers are also very good and fast. If the DB's cannot cover the receivers, it could be a long day for NDSU. But, the one thing that does bother me, is we could have our defense on the field for too long a time if we score too quickly or the

Ags get 3 and outs.

Easier to adjust to wind than not be able to make adjustments at the line I think is the point.

h5322rsh
September 22nd, 2019, 10:39 AM
Three weeks in to the season and I've been hitting at 11 out of 12 every week. This week has to change, and not only that there are only 10 games involving Big Sky teams this week. Currently at 33-3 and this week's attempt at perfection.

EWU at UI---The Eagles defense has been the problem for them so far while the Vandals started off pretty bad and may now be coming around. Vandals defense held a good FBS team and had a chance to win last week. This game may be closer than people expect...EWU 33, UI 31.

ISU at Northern Iowa (Mo Valley)---Northern Iowa continues on their trek through the Big Sky, this time facing a beleaguered Bengals team searching for some offense. The Bengals defense may try to keep the score from getting out of hand...Northern Iowa 31, ISU 7.

Monmouth (Big South) at UM---The Grizzlies had some good moments last week and seem to be trending upwards every week. They go home and welcome a good Big South team to their home turf. Will there be any remembrances of last week?...UM 48, Monmouth 7.

Norfolk State (MEAC) at MSU---The Bobcats came home last week after a tough road win in hostile Missouri Valley country. Things should be a bit easier this weekend as they head home and find a decent MEAC team. No problems here...MSU 35, Norfolk State 7.

NAU at Illinois State (Mo Valley)---This will be a good test for the Lumberjacks, coming off a solid win over a DII team and now must go on the road to face one of the better Mo Valley teams. A good showing is expected at least, but a win?...Illinois State 28, NAU 13.

South Dakota (Mo Valley) at UNC---Can the Bears compete in the conference this year? Last week certainly makes one think that they can't. They do get a Mo Valley team that is equally struggling and needing a win. Will it matter?...South Dakota 26, UNC 18.

Eastern Oregon (NAIA) at PSU---The Vikings continue their non conference slate coming down to the NAIA level this weekend. This game should not be much of a contest but the Vikings still can't afford to look past any opponent...PSU 48, Eastern Oregon 14.

SAC at Fresno State (FBS Mtn West)---The Hornets have looked impressive so far and put everyone on notice this year. Impressive this week would be a win over an FBS team, or at least keep it fairly close...Fresno State 38, SAC 24.

SUU at South Dakota State (Mo Valley)---The Thunderbirds finally got a win last week against a fellow FCS school from the Southland. Have they turned the corner? Their reward is to face one of the nation's best this weekend on the road...South Dakota State 42, SUU 7.

UCD at North Dakota State (Mo Valley)---Everyone is wondering how good is this Aggies team and so far they have not disappointed their fanbase. They go on the road and face the team everyone is gunning for this year. Can they get the win?...North Dakota State 28, UCD 24.
You were one point off on the final score SDSU 43 SUU 7. That is about as close as one can get, and that is why I dont do predictions.

JALMOND
September 22nd, 2019, 12:11 PM

9-1 this week, puts me at 42-4 overall. Just can't seem to have a perfect week.

wapiti
September 22nd, 2019, 05:36 PM
I am at 34-2 The picks are going to start getting harder to get right.

EWU 32 at UI 28---Idaho is hosting. So the home field advantage gives them a small chance. But I see EWU taking this one.

ISU 22 at Northern Iowa 32 ---UNI has been playing well this year and they are hosting this game.

Monmouth 16 at UM 42---Griz should roll in this one.

Norfolk State 13 at MSU 35---Norfolk has shown some signs of playing well, but MSU is hosting and is the better team.

NAU 24 at Illinois State 32 --- This game should be a good indicator for both teams. I go with the higher ranked and hosting team.

South Dakota 17 at UNC 14---Pillow fight of the MVFC and BSC challenge series. This game is 50/50. But I think SD takes the road W.

Eastern Oregon 10 at PSU 42---This should be another easy W for PSU.

SAC 21 at Fresno State 35 ---The Hornets put the Big Sky on notice last week after shutting out UNC by a large margin. Sac is exceeding preseason expectations. Fresno better not be overlooking this game.

SUU 16 at South Dakota State 38 --- So far the Thunderbirds are not following their pattern of being good every other year. SDSU is a heavy favorite in this one.

UCD 17 at North Dakota State 35 ---Based on the rankings this should be a very good match. But NDSU is a heavy favorite to win this.

I too went 9-1 this week. Putting me at 43 - 3.