Fresno St. Alum
May 4th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Who will it be? Calvin Johnson is my pick

spelunker64
May 4th, 2007, 03:19 PM
A. Peterson

Gil Dobie
May 4th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Talked to one Vikings fan last night who said Rice from USC was the second best receiver in the draft. Guess We'll see next year, because they have to have someone to get him the ball.

Fresno St. Alum
May 4th, 2007, 03:21 PM
He'll be spliting with Chester that could hurt his numbers. I think Lynch will have the best rookie RB numbers but only time will tell.

spelunker64
May 4th, 2007, 03:24 PM
He'll be spliting with Chester that could hurt his numbers. I think Lynch will have the best rookie RB numbers but only time will tell.

Bush was close, splitting carries with Duece

Fresno St. Alum
May 4th, 2007, 03:28 PM
AP is not a pass catcher like Chester and Bush. AP would have a good shot if they decide to just use Chester as a backup

Fresno St. Alum
May 4th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I thought that M.Jones-Drew was the best splitter last year. 941 rush, 436 rec, 16 TDs

spelunker64
May 4th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I thought that M.Jones-Drew was the best splitter last year. 941 rush, 436 rec, 16 TDs

McNeil from SD should have gotten it though.xtwocentsx

Fresno St. Alum
May 4th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Yes, He was awesome but there in no love for the O-Line. I put Joe Thomas in the thread just to give the o-line some respect but he really doesn't stand much of a chance because he's not at a scoring skill position.

spelunker64
May 4th, 2007, 03:46 PM
You should though, when you protect the blindside of a rookieish QB and the RB you block for sets a TD record...

Fresno St. Alum
May 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM
I agree but that is just the way the world works. It's easiest for the QB because he's in the spot light.

spelunker64
May 4th, 2007, 03:55 PM
CJ has a good chance, did I just say that about a Detroit Lion?

mcveyrl
May 4th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I voted for Quinn because he had Thomas protecting his backside.

NE MT GRIZZ
May 4th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I also voted for Quinn because of his surroundings.

J. Russell will have nice views of the Oakland sky most of the season!

BrevardMountaineer03
May 4th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I gotta go with Dwayne Jarrett, for the Carolina Panthers. He'll be starting opposite Steve Smith by week 5 (if not earlier). Defenses will double down Smith and try to stop the running game, thus leaving Jarrett to make magic happen!

813Jag
May 4th, 2007, 04:58 PM
I voted Johnson. It remains to be seen how solid Clevelands line will be to protect Quinn and we all know Oakland has no line.

seantaylor
May 4th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I'm going with Greg Olson. He's already on a great team, and the Bears WRs suck. He is going to catch a lot of balls.

grizband
May 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I'm going with Greg Olson. He's already on a great team, and the Bears WRs suck. He is going to catch a lot of balls.
He'll have to share some of those with David Ball xthumbsupx , but I agree, Olsen was a great pick for Chicago.

Peems
May 5th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I gotta go with Dwayne Jarrett, for the Carolina Panthers. He'll be starting opposite Steve Smith by week 5 (if not earlier). Defenses will double down Smith and try to stop the running game, thus leaving Jarrett to make magic happen!

here here, i agree. Mostly because i kept predicting him to get drafted and he is my boy. I hope jarrett has 98 catches for 1800 yards and 17 TDs. xnodx

TexasTerror
May 5th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Just a reminder...

Last year's top defensive pick was Mario Williams to the Houston Texans. The NFL defensive rookie of the year happened to be the Texans' second round pick, DeMeco Ryans...

Again, last year's top offensive pick was Reggie Bush to the New Orleans Saints. Prior to his injury, the argument could've easily been made, the best offensive rookie was a 7th round pick named Marques Colston...

So which of the later round picks of these glamour picks in the early part of the draft should we watch?

lambertjr
May 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I think Olsen at Chicago has a great shot.

Fresno St. Alum
May 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Just a reminder...

Last year's top defensive pick was Mario Williams to the Houston Texans. The NFL defensive rookie of the year happened to be the Texans' second round pick, DeMeco Ryans...

Again, last year's top offensive pick was Reggie Bush to the New Orleans Saints. Prior to his injury, the argument could've easily been made, the best offensive rookie was a 7th round pick named Marques Colston...

So which of the later round picks of these glamour picks in the early part of the draft should we watch?
Yup, there is a good shot at it being someone else, that why a made sure to put up other. The Packers 2nd round RB has a good shot at starting and getting a lot of carries this year.

AppGuy04
May 7th, 2007, 07:54 AM
AP

Peems
May 7th, 2007, 09:34 PM
AP

silly app fan, AP isnt a rookie:p

Fresno St. Alum
May 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM
looks like its gonna be AP or C.Johnson