View Full Version : KEYDETS 31; ETSU 24

kdinva
September 15th, 2019, 12:14 AM
xnodxxthumbsupxxhypedx

LONG TIME COMING!!!!

FUBeAR
September 15th, 2019, 12:16 AM
xnodxxthumbsupxxhypedx

LONG TIME COMING!!!!Congrats! Can’t think of a more deserving Team to fall to the Keydets in OT than ETSU!

gofurman
September 15th, 2019, 12:18 AM
Way to go VMI '!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First road conf win since 2002. First all credit to VMI. Shows what we all said last year about ETSU not being a good rep of SoCon in playoff. They won 6 games by 16 points total. Just ridiculous how lucky they were. Congrtas to VMI on knocking them down !!! Congrats again ! Awesome

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2019, 12:28 AM
Wasn't there an ETSU guy on here in the past week that said they were Frisco bound this year after they wiped the field with some D2 school last Saturday?

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2019, 12:30 AM
Wasn't there an ETSU guy on here in the past week that said they were Frisco bound this year after they wiped the field with some D2 school last Saturday?

There was one and there was the Kennesaw kid.

I haven't seen either of them lately.

bonarae
September 15th, 2019, 02:17 AM
Oh my. The weather proved too much for the Bucs, or are the Keydets better than expected? xconfusedx

Milktruck74
September 15th, 2019, 06:41 AM
Oh my. The weather proved too much for the Bucs, or are the Keydets better than expected? xconfusedx

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mocs123
September 15th, 2019, 07:38 AM
Congratulations to VMI.

ElCid
September 15th, 2019, 07:45 AM
And I believe the last FCS victory came against.......ETSU! Nice win in the middle of the night. Yippy.xsalutex

SU DOG
September 15th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Yeah, VMI is to be congratulated. They look to be much improved. Listing SoCon rankings in this week's power poll should be most interesting.

Milktruck74
September 15th, 2019, 08:59 AM
VMI will get another one this year. They are not that good, but they aren't the VMI Bad we are use to....I think it is Probably Western Carolina...but they showed they are decent enough to sneak up on a number of SoCon teams.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 15th, 2019, 09:12 AM
First of all, congrats to VMI. I knew they came in as a better team from last year. How better was something that was not known until last night. Not helping matters was lightning delay after lightning delay (to answer bonarae's question). I did not know it was that long that VMI last won a road conference game so that had to be a huge accomplishment for these guys. It was unfortunate it happened against my team.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 15th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Way to go VMI '!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First road conf win since 2002. First all credit to VMI. Shows what we all said last year about ETSU not being a good rep of SoCon in playoff. They won 6 games by 16 points total. Just ridiculous how lucky they were. Congrtas to VMI on knocking them down !!! Congrats again ! Awesome

Not mentioned was that last year's ETSU team had Jacksonville State on the ropes until Zerrick Cooper WILLED his team to win.

ElCid
September 15th, 2019, 10:06 AM
VMI will get another one this year. They are not that good, but they aren't the VMI Bad we are use to....I think it is Probably Western Carolina...but they showed they are decent enough to sneak up on a number of SoCon teams.

They always play us tough as well. They should win one, maybe two more.

Milktruck74
September 15th, 2019, 10:14 AM
They always play us tough as well. They should win one, maybe two more.

Lots of pride on the line when you play another military school. I went to FUMA for a PG year. Played the JVs at Army, Navy, Citadel, and VMI, and they were all friendly after the game, but I know we got their best shot, simply because we arrived on campus in a Uniform.

Laker
September 15th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Lots of pride on the line when you play another military school. I went to FUMA for a PG year. Played the JVs at Army, Navy, Citadel, and VMI, and they were all friendly after the game, but I know we got their best shot, simply because we arrived on campus in a Uniform.
RedditCFB@RedditCFB
(https://twitter.com/RedditCFB)10h (https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1173105385927892992)
For possibly the first time ever, all 9 US service and senior military academies that sponsor football have won on the same day: Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, VMI, Citadel, & Norwich

kdinva
September 15th, 2019, 11:27 AM
VMI will get another one this year. They are not that good,

we'll see...........y'alls game yesterday was over at the coin flip.

ElCid
September 15th, 2019, 12:05 PM
RedditCFB@RedditCFB
(https://twitter.com/RedditCFB)10h (https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1173105385927892992)
For possibly the first time ever, all 9 US service and senior military academies that sponsor football have won on the same day: Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, VMI, Citadel, & Norwich

Wow, that is pretty cool.

Milktruck74
September 15th, 2019, 12:26 PM
RedditCFB@RedditCFB

Partially correct. 90%. They left one off, but that team was idle yesterday.

Milktruck74
September 15th, 2019, 12:32 PM
There are 5 FEDERAL Service Academies. USMA, USNA, USAFA, USCGA and the only federal service academy that can fly a battle standard for its Cadets (not alumni) that were killed in wartime (ww2)......the USMMA In Kings Point NY.

KPSUL
September 15th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Great to see VMI field a competitive team. After seeing that they had some significant offensive moments @ Marshall , and a huge win against a Div 2, I was wondering if they may be somewhat better this season. This has to be a rebuilding year for ETSU, they must have lost a bunch of key players seeing that they graduated their first class of players this past Spring.

The Cats
September 15th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Congrats.....

gofurman
September 15th, 2019, 06:29 PM
I want to offer an extra congrats to VMI. So much yapping in football about “suck this or you stink” wanted to offer a positive to a team that struggles w military recruiting etc!!! Also many of these Keydets go on to serve our country, thanks

kdinva
September 16th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Coach Sanders talks about how ETSU lost the game, no mention of how VMI won it....this ain't your father's VMI squad no more.

“I thought honestly we started really flat, and I thought we played really flat until somewhere there in the third quarter,” Sanders said.

That is when the Bucs realized VMI wasn't going to roll over and quit.

https://www.timesnews.net/Football/2019/09/16/Bucs-have-work-to-do-after-letting-one-slip-away.html