PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 Attendance

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2019, 07:48 PM
14,489 at UD watched NDSU win over Blue Hens.

93henfan
September 14th, 2019, 07:52 PM
I am embarrassed for my alma mater. We finally get $60M raised for an athletic performance center and stadium renovations. New cushy seats are added for the club level and three home grandstand sections. Stadium capacity is reduced to 16.7K from 22K due to the cushier seats and the temporary press boxes built over a portion of the visitor stands. God's gift to FCS football is visiting the building. And it's a perfect weather day for football.

And we still can't fill the building.

It's a shame to see how far a once-great program has fallen. It saddens me, honestly.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2019, 07:56 PM
I’ll bet you that there were more NDSU fans in the stands today from a school 1,382 Google miles away than will make the trip next week from Penn.

93henfan
September 14th, 2019, 07:58 PM
I’ll bet you that there were more NDSU fans in the stands today from a school 1,382 Google miles away than will make the trip next week from Penn.

Well, if you thought Delaware fans were apathetic, yeah, try Penn or Villanova. Those people can't be bothered to drive 40 miles to see a football game.

Sader87
September 14th, 2019, 08:48 PM
It's everywhere in the Northeast today....not going back to 15-20K crowds at FCS games in these parts save for very special occasions

Seawolf97
September 14th, 2019, 09:16 PM
Stony Brook 5742 on a mild night . 1 rain shower toward the end of the game. This is about 4k less than last week . Lets see what happens next week with Fordham . Students are protesting and going to the games now long story about this and Homecoming.

ASU33
September 15th, 2019, 01:26 PM
14,391 in Montgomery to see us get smoked by Kennesaw State. Over half left after halftime.

ASU33
September 15th, 2019, 01:46 PM
48,385 in Memphis to watch the Southern Heritage Classic between Jackson State and Tennessee State.

BEAR
September 15th, 2019, 02:52 PM
10123 to see a barn burner at Estes as UCA slipped by a tough ACU team.

jsualumnus
September 15th, 2019, 03:42 PM
20,901 showed at JSU to see us beat EWU. Maybe 12K-13K stayed for the fireworks in the 2nd half. Great game!!! I kinda thought the targeting call on #22 for EWU was BS...

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2019, 03:48 PM
20,901 showed at JSU to see us beat EWU. Maybe 12K-13K stayed for the fireworks in the 2nd half. Great game!!! I kinda thought the targeting call on #22 for EWU was BS...

https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?234015-Targeting-Calls-are-Destroying-Football

Doooks
September 15th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Morgan State at James Madison: 19777 at the start and probably tree fiddy at the storm delayed end

ST_Lawson
September 15th, 2019, 06:58 PM
A whopping 4,728 showed up for WIU's Family Day and home opener to see the Leathernecks fall to Montana State.

xsmhx

willsfc
September 16th, 2019, 12:11 AM
12,767 in Attendance at Alabama A&M vs North Alabama in Florence.

about 80 miles separate the schools, both schools bands,cheerleaders,etc were at the game.

MR. CHICKEN
September 16th, 2019, 12:20 AM
I am embarrassed for my alma mater. We finally get $60M raised for an athletic performance center and stadium renovations. New cushy seats are added for the club level and three home grandstand sections. Stadium capacity is reduced to 16.7K from 22K due to the cushier seats and the temporary press boxes built over a portion of the visitor stands. God's gift to FCS football is visiting the building. And it's a perfect weather day for football.

It's a shame to see how far a once-great program has fallen. It saddens me, honestly.

.....TA MAKE MATTERS WORSE.......WE SELL BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................ .......BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
September 16th, 2019, 08:29 AM

looks like those "corporate type" new shiny blue seats down low are only half full if that..... kind of gives it a New Yankee Stadium look....

93henfan
September 16th, 2019, 08:34 AM
looks like those "corporate type" new shiny blue seats down low are only half full if that..... kind of gives it a New Yankee Stadium look....

That's a fitting analogy. I think they'll fill in though when there's an actual club to walk into. They're club seats without a club this year. You'd be kind of a fool to buy them unless you can't do steps.

Btw, has Chris Christie given up his season tickets? I know he stopped coming when he was NJ gov, but I figured he might resurface eventually. He used to sit in a box at about the north 20 yard line on the home side. I looked for his big fat ass Saturday but did not complete a sighting.

Circa 2003, during SIU playoff beatdown
http://www1.udel.edu/udmessenger/vol18no1/stories/images/christie_ud.jpg

ST_Lawson
September 16th, 2019, 04:23 PM
A whopping 4,728 showed up for WIU's Family Day and home opener to see the Leathernecks fall to Montana State.

xsmhx

And...that's a larger crowd than we had for any home game last year, including Homecoming.
So...good?...I guess?

https://i.giphy.com/media/OQVCseJ1cVA5y/giphy.gif

dbackjon
September 16th, 2019, 05:22 PM
5,823 saw NAU beat up a DII team.

OhioHen
September 17th, 2019, 06:01 AM
14,489 at UD watched NDSU win over Blue Hens.

Sad days when the best draw of the season has a smaller attendance than would have been disappointing against a bad Boston University team on a November day when the temperature never got above 20 in the mid-80s.

Sitting Bull
September 17th, 2019, 06:26 AM
Sad days when the best draw of the season has a smaller attendance than would have been disappointing against a bad Boston University team on a November day when the temperature never got above 20 in the mid-80s.

LOL, yes, who can forget all those freezing temps and blizzards hitting Delaware during the Novembers of yore.

I doubt the average fan really follows the dominance of ND State. Any CAA opponent would likely have a brought in a larger crowd. FCS football just doesn't transcend intersectional interest.